Video Games Games No One Remembers

Here are some forgotten childhood games:

Lego Island, Spy Fox, Dig Dug Deeper, Rayman, Age of Empires, Crash Bandicoot, Freddi Fish, Pajama Sam, Pink Panther, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

My favorite PS2 game, Okami, seems forgotten/unheard by a vast majority of gamers. The game is timeless, well-written and unique, so if any of you have yet to play it, I recommend getting a copy ASAP.

I used to play this arcade game all the time called Primal Rage. It was a fighting game where you played as these giant prehistoric monsters. It was super fun.

Attachments

• PrimalRage.jpg
    PrimalRage.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1
WAR OF THE MONSTERS.

256px-WOTM.jpg

Just recently bought it via the PSN store though, so that's awesome. It's just as horrible yet fun as ever.

Emperor of the Fading Suns

It's a turn based strategy PC game that was released back in the 90's. For whatever reason, whether due to time constraints, budget cuts, or something else, the game was released half finished and buggy as hell. Despite its flaws, though, EOFS is an incredibly complex game with a lot of aspects that I feel must have been ambitious and innovative for its time.

And the best part? It's so old and forgotten that there are a number of websites where you can download the game for free.

I played this game so much when my Wii still worked. It was like Halo for the Wii.

Conduit_Wii_esrb.jpg

Viva Pinata was pretty underplayed. It's a really chill, simple garden/animal raising thing on the 360, so it's understandable that it didn't get a lot of play considering it was meant to be accessible to children and the general marketing push for the console seemed to be on shooter games like Halo and Call of Duty 4. Still, it's really relaxing to sit down with. I was SUPER into the first one, though I ended up not doing a lot of the second one because it's basically a nice expansion pack, and I had to redo everything I did in the first one, and ended up putting it down and not getting back into until recently, like 8-9 years later? Good stuff.

Some of the games I've played as a child and that I found out are really obscure for some reason:
-[PC] Spore (I was in a pretty big Spore modding comunity, we mantain contact to this day, but aparently Spore was so obscure it was planned to become a franchise much like Sims but the obscurity made EA pull the plug)
-[DS] Petz Wild Animals: Dolphinz
-[DS] My Dogs Paradise

Those last two are pretty much shovelware, but boy were they fun for a little girl like me.

Also, The Sims Medieval. Even though it's part of a major and famous franchise it's kinda shadowed by the main games and I've spent a good portion of my life playing this game. Sadly the custom content for the game is rare, and if you want it you have to literally make a port of TS3 CC into TSM (the heads in sims medieval are smaller for some reason so you have to "shrink" the custom stuff manually), and even rarer are the let's plays on youtube and the wikia entries. The shadowing also killed it, it had a promising expansion pack and then was left to rot.

I will have to say darkwatch on PS2/Xbox Original. A very fun game, set in old west dealing with vampires, banshees and such. oh and it had multiplayer too.

Winter Olympic 2001 on game boy collie. First game I ever owned and was the only game I one for a wilebet no one Hurd of that on before

Not quite favorites of mine, but i have fond memories of Powerpuff Girls: Chemical X-Traction, Dino Crisis 2 and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, mostly because they were the only games i played with my older sister.

Roy a live well liv-
Ooh I forgot they didn't make it Mack in 2017. Well this year sucks back to 2059 or something

"i have no mouth, and i must scream" was an old point-and-click game based on the novel by harlan ellison. the game really disturbed me and i could never finish it. i've never spoken to anyone else who has played it, and anyone i've tried to talk into playing it reads the plot/summary and pretty much nopes out.

also, earthworm jim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back