• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

EccentricFantasy

The mind is a fearsome thing, don't tread on it.
Human beings don't particularly hate their lives. In fact most go through everyday day without wanting anything more. However, there are some who want nothing more than the power to actually change fate. The power to actually do something that matters in the world. This is not always an easy thing, but for one group, they have found a way.

In the year 2020, a new game was released. This game was called 'Xeno Phantasmal'. It was an immediate hit as it was the largest open-world MMORPG around, the character customisation was something never seen before and completely unique. No two characters were the same. That was only one race, Gracian, but the class system was what made this game unparalleled in its unique character design. it blew up on the market. And it was the place where a very specific group of people found their way.

The guild 'Blasphemous Tea Party' stormed onto the scene. They quickly rose to fame and were widely considered the ultimate guild. What people found really impressive was how they considered this game to be their real world. It was clear that these people were unhappy in the real world. That was why they Rose to fame so quickly. They were the ones who truly considered this home.

This roleplay will be us playing as the guild members of the Blasphemous Tea Party. When we are outside of the game we will be playing as ourselves, but when our characters are playing the game, we will be playing as the online avatars with in the game. We will be creating characters who play this game for one reason or another. Whether it is an escape, whether they just want to feel powerful or even if they just enjoy the game. It is up to you. Relationships with other characters are up to you, but just know that I do plan on all of the characters meeting IRL in the role play. Think of it like gamers who find friendship in a game and eventually find their friends in the real world too. Below is the lore tab for the game that our characters will be playing. Give it a look over before you decide whether or not you want to be in this role play. Hope you can join in. Can't wait to hear from you.

Why isn't there any mage class? Also, I find it strange that the melees are based on medieval tropes(paladin, knight, swashbuckler) but the ranged are based on modern tropes(gunner, hacker, technomancer). Kinda gives me a clash of aesthethic.

Why isn't there any mage class? Also, I find it strange that the melees are based on medieval tropes(paladin, knight, swashbuckler) but the ranged are based on modern tropes(gunner, hacker, technomancer). Kinda gives me a clash of aesthethic.
It is supposed to be a clash of aesthetic. As stated there's a very strict 70-30 split. Only 30% of it will be fantasy like. Think of it like magic powered technology. Magic exists, but mainly as a means to an end for technology. The reason I used fantasy based references is because despite the fact that they seem fantasy like, the only reason they have these abilities is because of the magic augmented technology they use. It's like someone was trying to make a Sci-Fi world but some magic got mixed in there. That's what I was going for at least.

Would you happen to still be recruiting? Cause this sounds insanely fun!
I am actually. With you that makes two who have joined so three all together. We will wait a little while to see if we can get just one more. If not we will start with just the three of us.

when I first saw the title I was like,,, wtf is this some neckbeard "gamers rise up" shit, and then i saw the actual description and it seems really cool, ima make a char and join if thats okay

although, as an avid ttrpg player, are we allowed to make our own class ideas? because there are some cool ideas I would love to adopt from pathfinder and dnd,

when I first saw the title I was like,,, wtf is this some neckbeard "gamers rise up" shit, and then i saw the actual description and it seems really cool, ima make a char and join if thats okay

although, as an avid ttrpg player, are we allowed to make our own class ideas? because there are some cool ideas I would love to adopt from pathfinder and dnd,
You are in. Although, for the made up class, I will have to look over that. PM me with it and I will check it out.

Just to let anyone looking at it know, I am willing to discuss other classes and stuff with you to make sure they fit the ratio. Just PM me with ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back