• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern G.E.N.

EvilFishy

*glub*

Welcome to G.E.N.

At G.E.N. we strive to create a better future. Short for Genetic Engineering Network, G.E.N. is dedicated to the research and development of solutions to debilitating conditions, as well as modifications to ensure a stronger, healthier human race. With Doctor Sebastian Frey heading the company, you can rest assured that G.E.N. will continue making progress toward a brighter future.

xXx

At least that is what they want the public to believe. G.E.N. keeps up a public persona of being a research facility dedicated to ensuring a better tomorrow for the whole human race. However, deep underground in its hidden facilities, it spends time and money investing in the creation of the perfect genetically modified human being. Having begun work of this nature almost immediately after his promotion to head of the company, Doctor Sebastian Frey was the one to really lead the company in this secret direction.

He was able to begin experimentation right from birth, as he had the ability to create life in the labs. It wasn’t until the age of three that the specimens received their first dose of injections. These were given in thirty day intervals to allow for proper monitoring. At five, a serum was introduced along with the injections. Then at age ten, an entirely new set of modifications and experimentations occurred. While still relying heavily on injections, there were more invasive procedures, as well.

Throughout all of the injections and procedures and serums, the specimens had to undergo rigorous physical and mental training exercises. When not involved in these classes, which brought some, if not all, together into one room, they were kept in isolation, preventing against the development of normal human emotions. This was also ensured with barcodes and labels of single letters from the American alphabet versus actual names. As the experimentation went on, Doctor Sebastian Frey discovered that each new group responded better than the previous.

To celebrate thirty years of success, G.E.N. held a party for Doctor Sebastian Frey. It was on this evening that some of the more morally inclined nurses and staff members who knew of the secret affairs of the organization saw their chance to liberate the specimens. The rebellion was quickly stifled, but the damage had already been done. All twenty-six specimens had been released into the outside world.

Immediately Doctor Sebastian Frey took measures toward retrieving his lost specimens. He sped up production and experimentation, creating new and more advanced subjects he merely labeled with numbers. They were stronger, faster, and more resilient than his originals. Their only purpose for existing was to retrieve their lost brothers and sisters.

xXx

If you have reached this point then, hopefully, you have read through all of that up there. Thank you so much for your patience and your time. I will say that this will be my first ever created RP here on this site, so I do apologize if things seem a bit…new/less knowledgeable to others/whatever you want to call it. Reaching this point also means, maybe, that you have interest in my little idea here.

To summarize, this story is all about genetically modified test-tube grown organisms. They look exactly like normal human beings, but show advanced strength, intelligence, resilience, healing, speed, etc. Hopefully you get the idea. The plot is basically about their survival in the normal world, while being hunted down.

There are but twenty-six (26) of these originals, all of which are labeled (named) after a single letter of the American alphabet: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ. Typically, letters will be a bit younger in age and more “evolved” than their predecessors, if that makes any sense. You would only see any significance difference in A versus Z, for instance. A may be 28, while Z is only 12. I am willing to have a lengthy age range, but it cannot exceed 30 years old.

I am willing to allow people to play more than one character, though just playing one is fine, since those created for retrieval purposes are available, as well. These are named or labeled by numbers only: 1 2 3 4, etc. Normal human beings are welcome, as well, as are some staff members of G.E.N. I would like to start out almost immediately after the escape of the original twenty-six. So the hunters or retrievers or numbers or whatever you wish to call them will not necessarily be “born” for a few days. Doctor Sebastian Frey, though, sped everything up, so everything he did to the lettered group over their “lifetime” will have been conducted within the first day or two of creation for the numbered group. That means they aged more rapidly, as well.

Feel free to ask questions for more clarification and whatnot, as I don’t want to continue to make this opening post bigger and bigger. Below is the character sheet for all. I will merely put in parenthesis how to go about personalizing it accordingly. This is looking for interest and possible characters.

Character Sheet

Name: (Simply a letter of the alphabet or a number, if applicable. Otherwise, first and last are preferred.)

Age: (This could be more of the age of the character’s appearance, but keep in mind the placement of the letter/number in comparison to the others.)

Appearance: (All specimens should have a barcode somewhere on their body. Pictures/images are accepted.)

Personality: (Keep in mind that the specimens are fairly mechanical and only know of human beings/normal emotions through what they were taught in their classes. They could have been exposed to some of the “banned” emotions through the more moral staff members, as well as watching their behavior with one another.)

Brief History: (These may be fairly similar within G.E.N. to one another in consideration of the specimens. However, feel free to mention any “special care” taken, such as by the more moral staff members, if applicable.)

I prefer this be somewhere between casual and detailed, basically more than one paragraph in a post and up to, well, let’s say however many you prefer, within reason, depending on where we are at in the story. I was planning on having it be labeled as casual for a minimum. I am still rather new to the forums, so I wasn’t sure if something of this nature would be placed under Futuristic or Modern/Realistic. If someone knows which would be best, I would love to be informed. Thank you. ^.^

Suggestion (don't accept it if you don't like it): 26 Hunters, each one bred to specifically hunt and find one of the 26 originals. 1 for A and 26 for Z, ya know?

Just a suggestion.

Name: 6.

Appearance:

th

6 has a rather Lean build , standing at around a fairly tall height of 5'11Ft. He has fair skin with a few freckles located on his face.

He has Pale Olive Green eyes that seem to shine in the sunlight, with Dark brown hair that has a slightly unruly appearance at first glance.

His Bar code his located on his Shoulder.

Personality: Because of his rushed creation so Dr Frey could obtain the Escapee's 6 has a rather Limited and Monotone Personality currently , displaying slight difficulty when it comes to actually expressing different emotions or understanding them. However what he lacks in Personality he makes up for in Intelligence , being quite smart even among the other Experiments capable of quickly understanding how objects work such as Cars , Guns , Computers in a short amount of time. Because of his lack of Personality development however he seems to also lack the proper understanding of right and wrong , willing to do a large number of things to actually capture the Escapee's. At Rare times he can feel emotions though is somewhat incapable of actually understanding and doesn't act on them often.

Brief History: 6 Was produced quite late among the Retrievers and as such does not have much of a history within the Facility. However he was exposed to a few videos about a variety of things and quickly understood the concepts and what was happening, though showed difficulty in understanding parts that included emotions and remained rather unresponsive. He has however displayed loyalty to Dr Frey and doesn't seem to realise he's simply being used as a tool to capture the Others.

( Please tell me if anything needs complete changing or what not, This Rp seems really interesting! )

@AlexNos : I like it. That would work perfectly well, so I don't see why that wouldn't be acceptable. That will be how it is. :)

@Venus : That's lovely. Thank you for showing interest. I shall have my character up today, as well, though I will wait until there are more characters/interest before posting the actual thread.

Name: S

Appearance:

41AGUwPZFzL._UX250_.jpg

S is short, shorter than four foot, in fact. His bar code is across his fore-arm. He wears a lot of long sleeved shirts.

Personality: Pretty mechanical. He'll probably pick up on social expectations quickly and be a great gentleman, but he'll still be cold inside. He's good with language and computers- an artist, really. He tends to cling to what he knows, and since Q is who he knows most, they're probably going to be together the most. He can be sneaky if he wants, avoiding trouble well, but most of the time unbridled aggression gets in the way of his rational thought processes. When he's actually thinking, he's extremely intelligent. Q helps with the overwhelming aggression and he's a good amount more rational with her, too.

Brief History: S's life mainly consisted of going to class and occasionally talking to Q about strategy without much else. He hasn't had much human interaction until the recent break out and wasn't even aware it was going to occur.

Name: Q

Appearance:

e54facc586f5fe17620e635203a12d85.jpg

Q's tattoo is on the back her neck.

Personality: Q's a bit on the sensitive side, with intelligence, wit, and a questioning nature. She's protective and loyal to those she cares about, and untrusting of anyone else. She can pick up on how to use items easily, as well as factor in other variables.

Brief History: Q knew something was off about the way she was living for quite a long time- probably because the sympathizers told her so many times through her childhood. They taught her much of emotions, especially family bonds, which continue to fascinate her. She met S soon after family was first explained to her, and decided it could be interesting to try to make him into a little brother. She knew about the escape plan for a while, staying quiet about it and simply making sure S would be ready when it happened, even if he didn't know it.

((Let me know if I need to change anything))

@mikaluvkitties : Looks lovely.

I would like to see a few more people then I will post my own character sheet, but it is coming along! The characters look interesting so far, and I am quite glad at the interest shown thus far.

Name: C

Appearance:
d10802c6f86f0d16f39c006567db050c_view.jpg

Barcode on the right side of his head where hair has grown and now hides the mark

Personality: Distant but has a slight sense

of humor

Brief History: C did not have a lot of, we'll call it, normal human contact. Most of the contact he did have was only with doctors and researchers. Of course most of that was by C's choice. He is naturally very reserved and likes to keep to himself.

Name: V

Appearance:

d95fd4beba733ce534ef274dde3006a4.jpg

A barcode on her right shoulder blade.

Personality:

Let's just say the emotion and personality class wasn't just her cup of tea. So thanks to that, V has no capability to show that many emotions. But she is a fast learner and an analytical one, she is mostly quiet and observant yet when she saw you eat something using a spoon and fork she would be able to do it herself in a matter of minutes. V also isn't familiar with human emotions such as pity, fear, happy, sad and etc. although she might be able to feel it.

Brief History:

V was trained for fighting and such more than the others. They focused her on the action and fighting stuffs so she isn't really that good with socializing. They tried to let her meet with this one other experiment yet V punched the experiment in the face instead as it said hi. So it was decided that she isn't a social butterfly type.

She didn't have any idea about the escape plan but when she saw the others escaping to who knows where- she followed them and started exploring the outside.

Name: 9

Appearance:

tumblr_m80pa8yuhl1r5lk6po1_500.jpg

A barcode on his left chest.

Personality:

Since all numbers were created rushly to obtain and capture the letters back and put them back in there right places. There's some malfunction on 9's personality and attitude. He is often shown smiling even if he's angry or sad. That's why the scientists first thought he's not serious about his job and was about to reject him but when they saw his fighting ability they hesitated. He is quite a good fighter but once ambushed and cornered and alone he won't be able to do much.

He also enjoys the human culture and sometimes forgot about his job.

Brief History:

9 was created like all the numbers, with one goal on their mind. To capture the originals- the letters. On his early stages, they have taught him what was going on around him and after he gets what's going on and what he's supposed to do, they took him to the training facilities. The place where they'll be trained into soldiers who can blend in with the humans. At least that's what they intend for him. He's supposed to be a soldier in disguise who blends in with the humans to make capturing the letters easier. Yet he's questioning his own loyalty to the doctor who have created him.

(( I will edit something if you want me to ^^ :-) ;-> :-D! ))​

@GarlandDreams and @Ravian : Both very nice additions. :)

So I will go ahead and get my character sheets up a little later today then look into posting the thread. Now, my question is, since I am still a little unsure, for the more seasoned veterans on this site, should this go into Modern/Realistic or Futuristic?

Name: Doctor Sebastian Frey

Appearance: Sebastian has short salt and pepper colored hair. He has a pair of dark eyes that are constantly hidden behind a pair of wire-rimmed spectacles. He is always neatly dressed and very tidy in his appearance. He isn’t the most handsome of men, but he also isn’t terribly harsh looking. His expression is always calculating and critical. He stands an imposing figure over six feet tall.

Personality: Sebastian is a very determined and work-oriented individual. He sees what he wants and he goes for it, without deterring from the path. This has also left him rather cold and calculating. He isn’t one to show his emotion, if he even has any. He is obsessive, overly organized, and he becomes easily consumed by his work.

Brief History: Sebastian always had a fascination with how some people seemed to be more inclined to some abilities than others. It led him on a scientific path. He took over G.E.N. at the mere age of 22, having shown competency, passion, and knowledge as to what the company was attempting to achieve. However, when he finally took over, he steered it in the direction he wished to pursue.

xXx

Name: O

Appearance:
25b0de4e6e4b94af1716bb257c1ae773.jpg

The barcode is located on her right hip bone.

Personality: O is rather quiet and calculating, which she picked up in G.E.N. She tends to take everything in without saying too much. O is quick-witted, apart from all of the advancements that was forced onto her. She is intrigued by the outside world and how it all works. She naturally takes responsibility, whether she wants to or not.

Brief History: O grew up as the others did in G.E.N. However, there was one nurse who showed her some humanity. At night, once the nurse was sure that the floors were free of lingering eyes or ears, she would hum or sing to O, as a mother to a child. It was this little bit of kindness and care that allowed her to hold onto a bit of what was never officially taught to her. During classes, she listened to the instructions without a word, unless called upon. She performed trial after trial without complaint. She even went through her monthly injections and procedures as if they didn’t bother her. Meanwhile, her mind was constantly at work, as it continues to be.

The thread is up here. Feel free to check it out and contribute.

So the thread is up. The first post leaves it open for the other specimen to reply, if they'd like to be in the same area as my character. Otherwise, you can be wherever you feel like. The specimen meant for retrieval purposes are able to be within the city, as well, or else they can be back at the laboratory with Doctor Frey. You can also have it where they are in the midst of retrieving another number, so long as that number is not being represented by another roleplayer (unless they have given the ok to use their character). You all know, I don't need to tell you. ^.^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back