• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier] Blood and Title

gmimperfecti

Supporter
1691460556065.png

The Setup
Setting:
  • Locations: The Boarder between the See of Fae and the East Empire.
  • Time of Day: 10:00 AM
  • Weather: On the cusp between late summer and early autumn. Today is overcast with a 50% chance of rain.
  • Outline: Meet at camp. Decide which group of poachers to raid. Raid them. Escape.
  • Goals:

1. [*]Scout out the poachers as they leave the Slave Compound.
      [*]Setup an ambush.
      [*]Capture the slaves in the party if possible.
      [*]Gain Intel about other weak points or opportunities.​
Active Threats:
  • A few different tribes and war bands of Orcs are in the area. Most of them are free ranging and freely exchange between the See and the Empire sides of the border.

This is an open thread! To participate, get your character approved. Please follow the rules Fantasy - Isekai Hell Rules and post your character Fantasy - Isekai Hell Characters and notify Novama , who will review your character and invite you to the Discord Server being used.

Some useful tidbits!

• A little about me. I am new to the Isekai Hell rule system, but I feel like I have a decent grasp on the rules. This is an exercise in exploring the rules while running a game. I really enjoy running games and find myself doing that quite a lot. In fact, I’ve been running games for over 20 years, and I have an Isekai campaign that I want to eventually run in this universe. Before that, I want to run a few one-offs or maybe it’s all tied together. We’ll see.

Last edited by a moderator:
Scene 1: Recruitment and Planning > Introductions and Briefing
The ancient forest of the See was alive with whispers, its towering trees sharing secrets with the wind. Moss hung like tattered curtains, veiling a hidden enclave near the border of the Eastern Empire. Sunlight filtered through the leaves, casting a dappled glow over the forest floor. Here, amidst the rustling serenity, a meeting of minds and purpose was taking shape.

They were camouflaged, nestled under the lee of a massive tree that had once been home to a thriving village but now only burned-out husks of tree houses remained. It looked like this village had been lost and abandoned after a particularly brutal raid by the East Empire. All over the once tree village were signs of battle from trebuchet debris to bits of gear. There was a strong smell of decay that masked any other odor.

It was all largely due to Seraphina the Dryad. This was her tree after all, and her command of the Eternal Glade allowed for the grisly scene to camouflage them. She was a staging area when opportunities arose. Beneath the curtain of moss lead into the bark and down into the root depths of the massive tree where a temporary camp, carefully hidden by the roots and earth.

The camp was filled with a mix of makeshift beds, gathered materials, and the sound of whispered conversation, as the members planned and debated the upcoming mission. Flickering purple fairy fire danced along many of the edges, casting shadow and light over faces filled with determination and concern.

The inhabitants were a diverse and unique assembly, each brought together by the shared goal of bringing pain to the Empire and gain to themselves.

Grukk "Thunderfist" Bloodaxe and Yara "Whispersong" Shadowclaw, the Orc warriors, were engaged in a fierce arm-wrestling competition, their grunted expletives echoing through the camp. Orc bands were fairly common, and the duo served as their own form of camouflage near the entrance. It wasn’t uncommon for orcs to dig burrows and nest for a while.

Their muscles strained, veins bulging, sweat trickling down their brows as they locked eyes, each determined to best the other. The wooden table creaked ominously under the force of their contest, and the other inhabitants of the camp couldn't help but steal glances at the display of raw strength.

"Come on, you weakling!" Grukk roared, his voice full of contempt and challenge. "Is that all you've got, Whispersong?"

Yara, her face concealed behind her ornate mask, let out a soft, mocking laugh. Her voice, barely more than a whisper, carried a tone of confidence. "Strength isn't everything, Thunderfist. Perhaps it's time you learned that."

Elsewhere in the camp, Thistle Bramblefoot, the Halfling local guide, hunched over a worn map, his nimble fingers tracing possible routes and escape paths. His well-used map and worn-out hat were laid out in front of him, his face focused but his demeanor cheerful. Despite the intense atmosphere of the camp, he hummed a soft tune, a spark of optimism in his eyes.

The other occupants went about their preparations, their faces etched with resolve. The scent of decay and battle hung heavy, a constant reminder of the stakes and the brutality of the world they were engaged in.

Finally, with a triumphant roar, Grukk slammed Yara's arm down, winning the contest. "Victory!" he bellowed, his face contorted with savage joy.

Yara simply rose, her grace and poise undisturbed. "Enjoy it while it lasts, Thunderfist," she said, her voice soft but carrying a hidden edge. "The real battle is yet to come."

The words hung in the air, a stark reminder that their true test was ahead. The camp fell into a focused silence, each member turning inward, steeling themselves for what was to come. The ancient forest seemed to hold its breath, waiting and watching as the warriors prepared to step into the unknown.

As the occupants of the camp settled into their preparations, a sudden gust of wind swept through the clearing, rustling leaves and sending a chill through the air. The trees seemed to whisper in anticipation, and the mossy curtains swayed as if beckoning an unseen presence.

The camp's inhabitants paused, their senses alert, eyes darting to the entrance. Something was coming, something carried on the wind.

From the shadows of the forest emerged Zephyr, the Wind-Touched Genasi Informant. Their arrival was as graceful as it was sudden, their form gliding rather than walking, the ethereal wisps of their translucent hair floating on unseen currents. Their eyes, shimmering like the clear sky, scanned the camp with an inscrutable expression, and their faintly blue-hued skin seemed to absorb the dappled sunlight.

"Zephyr," Thistle greeted, his voice tinged with curiosity and caution. He straightened from his maps, keen eyes taking in the Genasi's enigmatic appearance.

"Thistle Bramblefoot," Zephyr replied, their voice as soft and elusive as a gentle breeze. "And the others. I have come as promised."

The wind around them seemed to dance, responding to their presence. The Genasi's movements were fluid, and they seemed to be in constant connection with the air, as if it were an extension of themselves.

The others in the camp regarded Zephyr with a mix of fascination and mistrust. Grukk "Thunderfist" Bloodaxe's eyes narrowed, his warrior's instincts sensing the unpredictability in the Genasi's nature. Yara "Whispersong" Shadowclaw's masked face revealed nothing, but her stance was one of readiness.

"You have information for us?" Seraphina the Dryad asked, her voice intertwining with the natural sounds of the forest.

"I do," Zephyr confirmed, their eyes never quite settling on anyone. "But information has its price."

The words hung in the air, as tangible as the gusts that swirled around them. The members of the camp exchanged glances, understanding that dealing with Zephyr would require caution and finesse. Their information could be invaluable, but their loyalties were as changeable as the wind. The delicate dance of trust and betrayal had begun, and the stakes were high.

The ancient forest seemed to hold its breath once more, as if waiting to see how the winds would shift, and what secrets they would reveal. The meeting of minds and purpose had taken a new turn, and the path ahead was fraught with peril and promise.

~'Delta'~

Alternate identity F and Diguise F in effect -
Sasha Leonard - [Adventurer] [Scout] [Kind] [Noble F - Carbon Guard] - A common Adventurer

1691664956434.pngFollowing her evolution Delta found herself subjected to an intense investigation upon her return to the Ryken Assassin's guild. After all she had changed quite considerably when it came to her physical appearance, the guild's caution was only just. Eventually, following a few bouts of interrogation and questioning Delta was confirmed to be herself and even congratulated on a job well done. The Backstreet Boys Gang was no more and their leader had been confirmed 'dealt with'. Not only that but her second identity of Sasha had even been awarded a noble title and was quickly beginning to stick as her handler had hoped.

Indeed, Delta was progressing, and growing. But, that being said, she had much more to achieve. Much more room for growth. Delta was now infamous, she'd need to remain on guard at all times, and her alternate identity had to stand up to scrutiny. It had to be better! With that in mind, her assigned mission this time around was to do just that. Gain greater honor as the humble and kind adventurer, Sasha. Luckily for Delta, just the quest had been made available and specifically requested the participation of a scout.

Accepting the quest from the Ryken Adventurer Guild as Sasha, Delta would quickly make her way to the designated meeting point. A camp near the borders of the See and Eastern Empire. Yet again it seemed slaves were to the focus of the guild's quest. To free them and dismantle the organization responsible. Dejavu yet all too understandable given the war was now in full swing.

Arriving at the Camp shortly after the Zepher had, Sasha waited quietly near the entrance. It was, after all, rude to interrupt someone when they were talking. Not only that but the Zepher was clearly speaking of important news. When the fey finished speaking and made it known it's information would come at a price, Sahsa took a step forward and with a soft smile and awkward chuckle, she made herself known to Seraphina, the person whom she believed to be in charge "Greetings. I do so hate to interrupt but I'm Sasha Leonard. The Ryken Adventurers guild assigned a quest to me and instructed me to aid you. They said you were looking for a scout? Though I'm but a novice, I do hope my services will be of use to you. I'll be in your care!".

Raising her head Sasha took a step further into the base and away from the door where she had previously been standing. Offering Seraphina a handshake, Sasha smiled brightly and glanced at the forest spirit that was Zephyr with curiosity. "How pretty..."

gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

Indicus had arrived at the camp with Yukan some time ago. From what he gathered there were some beastkin among the slaves and so in the interest of the Republic Yukan aimed to help free them and bring them into the Republic. Indicus sat at an unassuming table surrounded by all kinds of people with varied interests in this operation. He even watched as some human adventurer arrived all the way from Ryken introducing herself to the leaders of the Orc Warband. He watched as the mood turned from jovial to tense peaking once the informant Zephyr arrived.

Things were about to really get started, Indicus felt the anticipation flood him and a smile creep on his face. This was so much better then playing glorified bodyguard and messenger. Once more he would have the chance to sharpen his claws against his foes.

Yukan Koyake
Screen_Shot_2022-09-06_at_4.08.19_PM-1.png
Mentions: gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Uasal Uasal Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer
At the moment Yukan was also at the encampment, as Indicus had been with him when he arrived. He was currently wearing his light Tatami armor which had been improved in grade and quality since he last saw a battlefield, as had the quality of his Yari. He was also wearing his lacqured wood Jingasa hat which matched his armor set. Now that he was finally a properly fully recognized member of the Koyake Clan, he wore his smaller sized standard Sashimono flag, which bared the crest of the Koyake Clan on it, letting everyone know which clan he hailed from on the battlefield.

Yukan hadn't necessarily been expecting his dragonborn ally to agree to come to an from all accounts brutal battlefield, he was grateful to have the help, as Indicus had proved to be reliable and valuable last time, and Yukan knew that he would need all the supporters he could muster. He had heard a many awful things about this conflict with mass burnings from the Empire and the slaughter of one another, but such was the nature of war. Even so combat was what Yukan had been preparing for all along, besides leading. This would give him some much needed field experience which would aid him in what he believed was a noble goal. It would make him immune from the possible criticism that he had never actually been on a battlefield against other people before or with what was likely today, the criticism that he had never drawn someone else's blood or killed them. Sure he had battled a large creature in a dangerous hunt which did help his case, but battling against an opposing army was something else, which if he was successful and survived would no doubt be even more helpful in his career back home.

While he knew that the Fae See was fairly indifferent to Beast slavery as far as it existing in the world, and that his personal criteria might not be exactly on the same page, knowing full well they'd probably care more about them freeing any would be Fae Slaves, he still had a grand opportunity to also help liberate some slaves if they played by the rules, and he'd of course want to offer them to come back to Kuridan should they wish to come. It would be a place away from this war which had no intention of getting involved at the moment, that much was clear. Despite these differences he knew that pleasing his clients was a must as he was fulfilling the role as mercenary.

While Yukan stood idlely by near Indicus He watched the orcs have at it, figuring there was no point with him getting involved there, he here for a job which just happened coincide with his goals. He had also taken notice of the Halfling who at the very least seemed to know his stuff based on appearance. But the main star of the show who practically forced attention on themselves was definitely Zephyr in this moment. While Yukan might have been tempted to let out a groan of annoyance internally at the conversation's conclusion of already encamped fae, orcs, and new comer fae who had information, after all they were fighting against a common enemy, one who quite literally wanted to come and burn the homelands of all of these people, why was that not incentive enough for the information to help prevent that outcome?! But instead, he did not, he kept a serious expression as he had a many times before even when faced with words which were most bothersome. He supposed it could have been worse and they could have been overly snobbish only speaking in the fae tongue, but it seemed they knew well enough not to do that with important matters like these for the group.

However then he saw the human who had been sent to help arrive not long after, all he could really do was hoped that she knew what she was doing too, Ryke another place which he had heard of, which was notoriously neutral, no doubt to maintain it's stellar economy in part. Yukan decided that he would speak on the matter however, as he gave a respectful bow with Republic of Kuridan Etiquette F , before he spoke up,

speaking in common with a Kuridan accent,

"Yukan, of the Koyake Clan, I am here to do my utmost for this operation. However I must ask, what payment is there to be desired beyond the spilling of the Empire's blood?, If it is something which can be afforded in the confines of this mission, while I do not mean to be presumptuous or speak for this group, I feel confident that an agreeable arrangement can be be met if this is the case."

While Yukan knew that he wasn't exactly a rank here to speak for the group, he figured that showing his willingness to be accommodating could be beneficial so that tensions could be eased, at least it seemed better than just sitting idly by and saying nothing.

Scene 1: Round 2
Re: Uasal Uasal

Arriving at the Camp shortly after the Zepher had, Sasha waited quietly near the entrance. It was, after all, rude to interrupt someone when they were talking. Not only that but the Zepher was clearly speaking of important news. When the fey finished speaking and made it known it's information would come at a price, Sahsa took a step forward and with a soft smile and awkward chuckle, she made herself known to Seraphina, the person whom she believed to be in charge "Greetings. I do so hate to interrupt but I'm Sasha Leonard. The Ryken Adventurers guild assigned a quest to me and instructed me to aid you. They said you were looking for a scout? Though I'm but a novice, I do hope my services will be of use to you. I'll be in your care!".

Raising her head Sasha took a step further into the base and away from the door where she had previously been standing. Offering Seraphina a handshake, Sasha smiled brightly and glanced at the forest spirit that was Zephyr with curiosity. "How pretty..."

Seraphina, the Dryad guardian of the tree, turned her attention to the newcomer, her eyes reflecting the gentle wisdom of the forest. The delicate rustle of leaves seemed to accompany her movements as she regarded Sasha with a mixture of curiosity and approval.

"Welcome, Sasha Leonard of the Ryken Adventurers guild," Seraphina responded, her voice as melodious as the song of a woodland bird. She reached out to accept the offered handshake, her touch cool and infused with the essence of nature. "Your presence here is timely, and your assistance as a scout is most welcome. The path we tread is fraught with danger, and every ally is a gift from the forest."

The other members of the camp took notice of Sasha's arrival, their reactions a blend of intrigue and caution. Thistle Bramblefoot, the Halfling guide, offered a friendly nod, while Grukk "Thunderfist" Bloodaxe and Yara "Whispersong" Shadowclaw continued to assess the situation with battle-hardened eyes.

Zephyr, the Wind-Touched Genasi Informant, seemed to drift closer, their eyes fixed on Sasha with an unreadable expression. The gentle breeze that seemed to follow them played with Sasha's hair, as if offering a silent greeting.

"Another has joined the dance," Zephyr murmured, their voice a soft whisper. "The winds of fate weave a complex tapestry."

The camp was now abuzz with potential and purpose. The addition of Sasha to the group added a new dynamic, and the upcoming mission's success would depend on the ability of these diverse individuals to work together.

Seraphina's gaze lingered on Sasha for a moment longer, her eyes reflecting a knowing warmth. "Your journey has led you here for a reason, Sasha. Embrace it, and let the forest guide your way."

With the introductions made, the focus returned to the pressing matter at hand. Zephyr's information was vital, but the price they demanded was yet unknown. The decision on how to proceed would shape the course of the mission, and the weight of that decision hung heavily in the air.

Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer

Grukk "Thunderfist" Bloodaxe, the burly Orc Warband leader, looked around the camp, his eyes filled with determination and a hint of anticipation. The camp was filled with skilled warriors, wise guides, and enigmatic informants, but what caught his eye was the dragonborn humanoid, Indicus, sitting at an unassuming table. The excitement emanating from Indicus was palpable, and Grukk could sense a worthy opponent in the dragonborn.

The recent arm-wrestling contest with Yara "Whispersong" Shadowclaw had ended in Yara's defeat, much to her chagrin. But Grukk's competitive spirit was not yet sated. The sight of Indicus, with his strong build and clear desire for a challenge, ignited a spark in the orc leader.

Striding over to the table where Indicus sat, Grukk's footsteps resonated with the sound of authority. He slammed his meaty fist on the table, making the wooden surface tremble.

"Indicus of the Dragonborn," Grukk bellowed, his voice booming across the camp. "I see the fire of battle in your eyes. You seek to sharpen your claws against foes. How about testing your strength against mine? Arm wrestling, right here, right now!"

His challenge echoed through the camp, drawing the attention of those nearby. Thistle Bramblefoot's eyes twinkled with interest, while Seraphina regarded the challenge with a serene smile. Zephyr's translucent hair fluttered, as if caught in a sudden gust of wind, and they looked on with a gaze as elusive as a gentle breeze.

TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

However then Yukan saw the human who had been sent to help arrive not long after, all he could really do was hoped that she knew what she was doing too, Ryke another place which he had heard of, which was notoriously neutral, no doubt to maintain it's stellar economy in part. Yukan decided that he would speak on the matter however, as he gave a respectful bow with Republic of Kuridan Etiquette F , before he spoke up,

"Yukan, of the Koyake Clan, I am here to do my utmost for this operation. However I must ask, what payment is there to be desired beyond the spilling of the Empire's blood?, If it is something which can be afforded in the confines of this mission, while I do not mean to be presumptuous or speak for this group, I feel confident that an agreeable arrangement can be be met if this is the case."

The camp fell into a tense silence at Yukan's question, laden with the weight of expectation, hung in the air. The fae informant, Zephyr, turned to face the Kuridan warrior, their eyes shimmering like reflections on water. The very atmosphere seemed to dance around the fey, each word spoken with a lyrical grace that transcended mere language.

"Yukan of the Koyake Clan," Zephyr began, their voice as soft as a whispering breeze, "Your presence here is a beacon of hope, and your dedication to the cause is felt by all. Yet even in the face of common enemies, agreements must be honored, promises kept. What I offer is not merely information but a key to success, a glimpse into the shadows where our foes dwell. Such insight comes at a price, for even the wind has its toll."

The fey's words were enigmatic, yet a sense of sincerity shone through. It was clear that whatever Zephyr sought was not trivial or mercenary but tied to something deeper.

As the conversation continued, a diminutive figure emerged from the shadows of the camp, moving with a quiet determination. Lysandra Swiftgear, the gnome ethical and legal advisor, approached the gathering, her earnest gaze fixed on Yukan and Zephyr.

Her appearance was a mixture of scholarly robes and precisely designed mechanical adornments, and her eyes sparkled with intelligence. With an assortment of scrolls and legal tomes in hand, Lysandra's presence added an air of formality to the proceedings.

"Allow me to assist in this matter," Lysandra interjected, her voice calm and methodical. "I am Lysandra Swiftgear, and I am here to ensure that our actions align with legal principles and ethical standards. I believe we can find a suitable arrangement that satisfies all parties involved without compromising our mission's integrity."

Her words were met with thoughtful nods from Seraphina and the other leaders. Lysandra's reputation as a legal scholar and her commitment to justice added weight to her proposal.

Zephyr's eyes met Lysandra's, and a hint of understanding passed between them. "Wise Lysandra, your counsel is most welcome. Let us discuss the terms, and may our agreement be a testament to our unity and purpose."

Zephyr's eyes, filled with an ancient wisdom, fixed upon Yukan as they spoke, their voice like a gentle breeze rustling through the leaves. "The price I seek is not of the material world. It is not a treasure to be held or a prize to be won. What I seek is the Breath of Honor, the taste of words spoken with pure and innocent dedication."

The room grew still as the fey's words settled, a profound silence that resonated with the weight of their request. Zephyr was known for making odd requests like this, but they weren't always easy to understand let alone pay, and so she'd wander off as was her whim, floating the breeze perhaps to the other side. Zephyr continued, their voice imbued with a profound longing, "In a world torn by war and strife, the wind no longer carries true honor. The scent is sorely missed. Promises spoken carried on the wind only to be broken upon the earth."

They looked around the room, their gaze lingering on each face, searching for understanding, for the spark of recognition. Most like the orcs just rolled their eyes. A dwarf who carried only for materialist things snorted. Others perhaps considered her words like one might a riddle. A few seemed to grasp the gravity of Zephyr's request.

"I ask for a vow, a pledge made with the very essence of your being, a promise spoken with such conviction that it transcends mere words and becomes a living breath of honor that I might inhale and take with me. This is the price I seek."

Lysandra Swiftgear, the gnome legal advisor sighed and looked to the sigh as if to say, why do I even try? Her eyes narrowing as she considered the implications of such a vow. "This operation will be hard enough without further constraints. There are titles at stake." She frowned. This was not a mere formality or a casual agreement. It was a binding commitment, a pledge made with the very soul and then consumed.

"Speak your vow," Zephyr urged, "and in return, I shall reveal all I know of the enemy's plans, their weaknesses, their secrets. But know this: the vow made with the Breath of Honor would be mind to keep. To betray it would be to forsake the very air in your lungs."

Indicus was drinking a obviously watered down beer when the orc Grukk if Indicus remembered his name correctly decided to challenge him. Indicus decided not to Appraise Grukk as that would ruin the spirit of this game. Indicus found it amusing that arm wrestling was the challenge given and that he would have rather participated in a proper duel but did not voice his thoughts. Besides Indicus had nothing better to do as the minds behind the mission went to plan.

"Okay Grukk, I'll accept your challenge." Indicus readied his arm on the table with a smirk with his [strength D] and ability to lift almost three times his own weight [Super Strength E] it would be a simple task unless Grukk possessed similar capabilities or magical assistance. But since the orc asked for it Indicus felt it would be rude to hold back.

OOC
Indicus uses Strength D and Super Strength E (Push lift or carry up to 600 Ibs) for an arm wrestling competition

gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

~'Delta'~

Sasha Leonard - [Adventurer] [Scout] [Kind] [Noble F - Carbon Guard] - A common Adventurer

1691823645243.png
Sasha returned Seraphina's kindness with a smile. Her eyes, warm and inviting, held a glimmer of curiosity and respect as she retracted the hand she had offered as a gesture of friendship. This woman had clearly seen through the elaborate disguise Delta put forward, yet she spoke of it not. It was unsettling but for now, at least it seemed she had been welcomed as Sasha among the ranks of the camp. Seraphina was certainly a dangerous individual but then again, there seemed to be someone far more dangerous taking an interest in her charade.

Zephyr.

Though the fae was indeed very pretty in nature, their power was not to be underestimated. The reality of the situation was, this small and delicate creature was holding the entire camp hostage with its words and offer of information. A fickle creature swayed only by the winds of change. Completely unpredictable and chaotic this creature also seemed to know of Sasha's true identity but unlike Seraphina, it was not the type to keep secrets. As was evident given the trade happening right before her eyes. How infuriating.

Tidying her hair, Sasha offered the creature a soft smile before forcing a soft chuckle in response to the wind striking her hair. "Greetings, wondrous creature of the forest," she said in a soft and soothing voice, her words carrying an air of grace and wonder. "I am humbled to be in your presence. Your ethereal beauty and magic bring enchantment to this realm.". Infuriating indeed.

With the beast-man known as Yukan Koyake then stepping into the fray, Sasha was happy to take a step back and meld into the crowd. Having introduced himself and inquired about the price Zephyr hoped to charge, the camp got quiet quite quickly. Though in the silence Sasha offered the beast-man a polite wave in acknowledgment of his attempts to introduce himself.

The price later provided by Zephyr though was indeed quite odd. The creature asked for a pledge to be made aloud, a pledge that if broken would certainly end in one's demise. Essentially he was asking for someone to step forward and declare they would do anything to accomplish their valiant goal or die trying. How preposterous. Honor and valor were for fools. Fools seeking death no less. Was there such a person present in the camp that would make such a vow?

Yukan Koyake seemed the zealous type. But then again, the orcs and individual wrestling in the back seemed just as fanatic about fighting as the beast-man did about honor and the like. Surely one of them would make the deal. For now, Sasha opted to just observe from aside Seraphina.

TheTimePiece TheTimePiece gmimperfecti gmimperfecti

Yukan Koyake
Mentions: Uasal Uasal gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer

Yukan listened to Zephyr carefully, while there were other things going on around him, such as Sasha's wave which he gave a slight nod of acknowledgement too when it showed up, and Indicus deciding he was going to arm wrestle an orc, which all Yukan could do was hope that Indicus's had the strategy and or strength to back the arm wrestling up since he didn't exactly look the bulkiest and was more agile in appearance at least, he was sure Indicus had some trick up sleeve so to speak as he seemed like the sort, just glad that Indicus was on his side rather than anyone else.

"You humble me." He spoke in a respectful tone back, upon hearing Zephyr say that to him. At Lysandra Swiftgear 's introduction Yukan knew that she would be needed no doubt based on her job description. He knew very well that all out war where anything goes was not the way of how to conduct honorable battle, one could not simply murder civilians or destroy a business in opposing territory for no reason even if the business itself was an immoral evil which Yukan knew was true in his heart. He gave her a slight bow of acknowledgement as well at that introduction.

He then refocused on Zephyr's words. A price which was not of the material world? Yukan's attention was piqued once more, what could possibly be offered that was not of this world that they had in their possession? Perhaps it wasn't a thing. Yukan listened on to hear what exactly was going on. The Breath of honor? Words of dedication to the cause? Despite the nature of the request, Yukan could agree that there was an issue with honor and how to conduct onesself, this was made apparent to him by those who were in positions of power and indifferent in Kuridan who did not do what was most honorable but what was most comfortable and beneficial for them. And even if the request was not material, Yukan made the connection in his mind pretty quickly that, Zephyr was almost asking for an oath of sorts...since it seemed like no one else was stepping up to give what was desired, and it was pretty apparent Zephyr could just refuse to say anything and leave if no one stepped up, Yukan was feeling increasingly decided that it should be him to do the deed.

Even if the price was death for not meeting this pledge, was it not unlike the pledges made to one's eternal lord back in Kuridan to the Daimyos? A loyalty which transcended death, and meant that you would be loyal to them in your next life and the next..yes while Swiftgear's words were well taken as she was right this was risky. business as is, and if Yukan could have heard what Sasha was thinking he probably would have agreed that brash pledges were foolish, but now was the time to act.

Yukan promptly got down on his knee with Republic of Kuridan Etiquette F , facing Zephyr, and then spoke out.

"Great Zephyr of the wind, I Yukan, of the Koyake Clan, will let the beings of the See of Chearon be my witness and I pledge on my family name, that I will be unwavering in our goals set out here today, I will not allow the Empire to blaspheme against the Spirit King without retaliation here today. I will not show my back to the enemy and cower, I will give my everything, If I should fail our objective, then I will even give you my last breathe Zephyr, it will be yours for the taking..and if you deem it unsuitable, then I will do the deed myself, as is customary for my people.."

Yukan spoke with uttermost seriousness, making it..abundantly clear he was overly serious about this perhaps, but indeed it was a bold pledge, for an arguably bold guy. Continuing to assume the position until told other wise at this point when he finished up.

Re: Indicus and Grukk

Grukk "Thunderfist" Bloodaxe's eyes sparkled with anticipation as he matched Indicus's arm on the table, his massive bicep tensing. The room filled with a palpable energy as the spectators gathered around to witness the clash of strength. "Ready for some fun, dragonborn?" Grukk growled, a wild grin spreading across his face.

With the onlookers cheering them on, the contest began. The two arms locked in a fierce battle, muscles straining and veins bulging. To the astonishment of many, the match seemed fairly evenly matched. The arm wrestling oscillated, with both Grukk and Indicus gaining and losing ground, the victor uncertain.

But Grukk was not known as "Thunderfist" for nothing. He was a monster of strength, yes, but he was also cunning. Without making it too overt, he subtly shifted his footing, angling his body in a way that gave him a slight leverage advantage. It was a cheat, but one so skillfully executed that it was almost imperceptible.

The tide began to turn in Grukk's favor, and the orc's grin widened. But something felt off to Indicus. Perhaps it was a flicker in Grukk's eye, or maybe a slight change in the pressure against his arm. Something was amiss. Then surprisingly the pressure eased and Indicus felt his arm begin to press Grukk's towards the table!

Uasal Uasal
Re: Sasha, Seraphina, and Thistle Bramblefoot

As the arm wrestling match raged on and the camp's attention was drawn to the confrontation between Indicus and Grukk, Thistle Bramblefoot, the cheerful halfling scout, spotted Sasha standing beside Seraphina. His eyes twinkling with purpose, he approached Sasha, his worn-out hat bobbing as he walked.

"Ah, Miss Sasha, if I remember correctly?" he said, his voice warm and friendly. "You've got a good eye for terrain, they tell me. Fancy lending me a hand as we look over the maps and routes? We've got some planning to do if we're to outsmart those [Poachers]."

As they moved towards the planning area, Thistle unrolled a map, his fingers deftly pointing to key locations and potential ambush spots. He spoke with passion and insight, his knowledge of the local geography unparalleled. Sasha found herself drawn into his world, her mind ticking as they plotted and strategized.

Sasha's reply would guide Thistle's next steps, but he was ready to show her the map and discuss the vital details of the landscape. He could see that her mind was still occupied with the recent interactions, but he hoped that her expertise would be a valuable addition to the planning phase.

Re: Yukan and Zephyr

Floating back, Zephyr's demeanor shifted, the ecstasy replaced with a keen, focused intelligence. Her ethereal voice, calm and composed, began to outline the two groups that were plaguing the See citizens.

"First, you must know of The Crimson Talons. They are a notorious band of poachers, infamous for their ruthlessness and strategic acumen. Led by an experienced and cold-hearted strategist with a military background, they use a blend of traps, ambush tactics, and military precision to capture their prey. Their ranks consist of highly-trained soldiers, rangers, and trappers, all motivated by mercenary profit, loyalty to the Empire, and a twisted sense of honor. They are highly organized and disciplined but suffer from an over-reliance on plans and potential internal strife. Targeting them might deal a significant blow to the Empire's proxy war efforts, but their precise tactics require careful planning and execution. Know that attacking them might be highly dangerous."

Zephyr's eyes briefly closed as if gathering her thoughts, and she continued, "The other group, The Wildfang Marauders, are far different. Chaotic and wild, they are notorious for their savagery and unpredictability. Led by a charismatic and unhinged chieftain, they are a motley crew of barbarians, berserkers, outlaws, and thrill-seekers. They thrive on overwhelming force, frenzy, and brute strength, driven by greed, the thrill of the hunt, and pure chaos. Although less organized and more susceptible to manipulation, their unpredictable nature makes them potentially more vicious in a direct confrontation."

Her words hung in the air, a map of challenges and dangers laid bare. She looked at Yukan, her eyes filled with a wisdom that transcended mortal understanding. "The choice between these two groups presents a significant strategic dilemma. Targeting The Crimson Talons might have broader implications on the war, but it's a highly dangerous and intricate task. Meanwhile, confronting The Wildfang Marauders could result in immediate gains and might save more innocent lives in the short term. The decision may also reflect your values, preferences, and risk tolerance."

With a graceful gesture, Zephyr's form began to dissolve into the breeze, her voice a whispering echo as she concluded, "Choose wisely, brave warriors. The winds will be watching."

She paused watching the air going into and out of Yukan's mouth. "Since you are such a sweet thing, I'll warn you that they've brought Dominus Coldclaw over the slave camp itself. If you enter Empire territory watch your shadows and the light of the moon." She winked, "Especially the monsters you bring with," She said looking at the pair of orcs and then towards the ground near them for some reason, "Orcs might not excite her too much, but more exotic monsters..." She tilted her head from side to side, "Might incite her to frenzy, which I guess could be good or bad for you."

Uasal Uasal
Re: Sasha, Seraphina, and Thistle Bramblefoot

At some point, the conversation turned to Zephyr. Thistle's eyes softened, and he looked towards where the fae had been, a thoughtful expression on his face. "Zephyr's a force of nature, she is," he said, his voice taking on a gentle, almost reverent tone. "Can't be bargained with like a common merchant. She seeks something more... pure. If you ever have to deal with her, remember that. It might save you a world of trouble."

Thistle's words hung in the air, a gentle warning wrapped in understanding. He looked at Sasha, wondering how she would take his advice. He knew that their mission was complex, filled with characters both strange and dangerous. But he also knew that they were in this together, allies working toward a common goal, and he hoped that his insights could make their path a little clearer.

Seraphina, who could basically move anywhere around the tree in an instant, who was perhaps more than the tree than the person, was once more near Sasha and Thistle. "There is no point in getting mad at a forest fire or ragging storm. It won't change anything, and they have their purpose. Once you finish planning, Lysandra will explain how to use the [Black Orb] unless you are gifted with [Assessment] and about titles. There's more than just scouting paths that we need you for."

Re: Indicus, Grukk, and Yara

The room held its breath as the contest reached its critical moment. Indicus's keen instincts and understanding of his own abilities were now being put to the test. The challenge had become more than just a game; it was a battle of wits and strength, a dance between honor and deception.

When everyone's eyes were on the match or distracted by Zephyr's words, largely unseen by anyone who wasn't insanely perceptive, Yara kicked the metal tip of her boot in a blur, snapping the back right leg of Indicus' seat! The chair started to rock unsteadily. Yara, her face concealed behind her ornate mask, near Indicus' ear let out a soft, mocking laugh. Her voice, barely more than a whisper, "Strength isn't everything, dragon welp. Perhaps it's time you learned that."

Indicus noticed Grukk's shift with his perception and Yara's mocking whisper after she kicked a leg off his chair. Indicus's face erupted in a grin his needle sharp teeth reflecting the orange glow from the torches. If they wanted to make this more fun who was he to say no. Indicus's wings slightly unfurled looking more like an intimidation tactic rather then a way to keep his balance paired with a great sense of balance [Precision D] prevented him from falling and let him adjust slightly in his seat to keep it standing.

Indicus used a flash of [Magic F] to reinforce his arms and legs with the use being minute and internal Indicus imagined only a very sensitive caster that was close would notice. Indicus decided to play one more card. He carefully adjusted his fingers so his claws pointed into the orc's flesh not enough for blood to be drawn but still enough to be annoying and it was not technically cheating to adjust ones grip in a game such as this was it?

This all took a handful of seconds and without taking his eyes off Grukk he responded to Yara, his voice only for her to hear. "You are a fool to think that. Strength is everything, the strength of wealth, political power, and most importantly personal strength. I have met a healer that kept me alive as my flesh melted from my bone and my claws shattered from my own power and a swordsman that could cut holes into reality. As I am now I could only die in front of such people, though that is something I aim to correct. So for now I will claw victory by any means so I may one day cast aside my own weakness. Remember this without strength someone can take everything you care for from you and you will only be able to watch."

Finished with his small speech Indicus redoubled his efforts now rooted in place by his own magical power his Super strength was able to more easily push back against Grukk as his claws caused the orc some mild discomfort.

Yukan Koyake
Mentions: gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Uasal Uasal Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer
The Tanuki did take notice of the discourse transpiring between Indicus and the Orc, figuring full well that by that point Indicus no doubt did have tricks up his sleeve to win. It should be relatively harmless as long as one of them didn't go breaking an arm before this operation and there was nobody around to heal, as unlikely as that sounded so close to a battle zone involving the see no less. Hopefully the fact that they had a serious job to do which benefited all parties would be enough to get over any would be drama the arm wrestling might cause , personally if it was up to Yukan he probably wouldn't have started that up in a time like this, but nevertheless it would alll probably be fine. He didn't let his eyes linger too long on that event however.

He also took some brief note of Sasha and Thistle Bramblefoot looking like they were going to start to discussing scout strategies as it was a rather vital part for the success of this particular mission, Yukan had no doubt about that. All he could really hope was that the human did in fact know what she was doing. She seemed to be well enough received by the important fae with them, which was a big deal in it's own right. Irrespective of that, there was something commendable about her coming to help the clearly correct side in the conflict, In Yukan's mind at least. Being a human in the See wasn't exactly the most risk-less activity, you could be killed without repercussion on your behalf within that territory just for being a human. Thankfully Yukan knew he was better off to an extent as far as the number of people who might act hostile or snobby toward him decreased just for not being a human.

Thankfully for Yukan it looked like his pledge had been enough to get the vital information out of Zephyr, of course he had sincerely meant what he said too. If all was said and done and they were utterly defeated, he had meant what he said, frankly he'd rather die than be captured and humiliated by an enemy which he. despised so fervently When it seemed appropriate Yukan did go back to a standing position which was at attention on Zephyr, as he listened carefully to the words which she spoke.

Right away Yukan began to compartmentalize the factions and the respective information she gave on each one,The Crimson Talons...poachers of not animals but people, While she said there was a possibility of it being highly dangerous to attack them, wasn't that true regardless? This thought crossed Yukan's mind, that no mater where they fought, fighting was inherently dangerous, and the Empire might have something ready none of them were expecting. there was obviously strategic value to taking this group out if they were successful in their endeavor as far as the bigger picture of the war was concerned. Then there was the Wildfang Marauders a group which sounded much less organized, and more like criminals running amuck..while it was true that short term innocent lives could be saved by engaging with them, Yukan's inclination here was to go beyond short term gains..even if it was tempting to possibly bring down righteous judgement on those sort.. Yukan wasn't sure how his thoughts would be received but, first he continued,

While Yukan wasn't expecting to be called sweet by Zephyr, he appreciated the heads up on this individual who sounded dangerous too. "Thank you for your most valuable insight and intelligence wise Zephy, it will be of most importance to the success of this operation." Yukan replied, before looking up at the others around.

With Republic of Kuridan Etiquette F, Leadership F and Warfare F, Yukan spoke up once more in common, not noticing Yara's interaction with the arm wrestling.

"Depending on the risk we are willing to take, whichwe are assuming here by choosing to act regardless, it is of my opinion that we should strongly consider targeting the Crimson Talons, I do not say this because I do not value the lives of the innocent, but I say it rather because they are a trained force to be reckoned with which is directly serving the Empire with allegiance . If we can bring them into disarray, the Empire's ability to operate will be more limited in the war as a whole. The sooner we can help bring forth a See victory, the sooner this war will end, and many more lives will be saved in the long term."

Yukan paused for a moment to gage the room before he continued speaking,

" Based on what we've heard the Wildfang Marauders loyalty is conditional at best to the Empire, they are nothing but criminal opportunists taking advantage of the Empire letting them do what they want, but if the tides were turn I have no doubt that their loyalty may shift as the direction as the wind does at a whim."

"By this logic, taking out enemies who are a given now and in the future who are making the frontlines more difficult for the Fae See, even if we assume more risk in doing so, I think is a more secure move for the effort war as a whole then targeting a group who we do not know if they will even still be adversarial down the line as the war progresses in our favor." Yukan said giving his reasoning.

"Of course whatever we decide today, I will carry out, but these are my thoughts." He finished, looking to everyone else.

~'Delta'~

1692116347828.png
Sasha's keen eyes swept across the meticulously detailed maps spread out before her, each contour line and elevation carefully etched in ink. The air was crisp, carrying with it the earthy scent of pine and damp leaves. With a furrowed brow, she traced her finger along the winding trails and footpaths, mentally calculating distances and potential routes. Her mind was a whirlwind of possibilities, strategizing each turn, each bend, and every possible vantage point. The forest was her canvas, and the maps were her guide to shaping the perfect ambush.

She adjusted her position slightly, settling into a comfortable stance. Her fingers drummed softly against the map as her thoughts raced, envisioning how the terrain would play out in real-time. A slow smile tugged at the corners of her lips as a plan began to take shape. In her mind's eye, she saw the team scattered strategically among the trees, hidden from view but ready to strike at a moment's notice. She considered the natural chokepoints and blind spots where the enemy might stumble into their trap. A narrow ravine, a thick grove of trees, and a meandering stream were all potential game-changers.

She mentally positioned scouts at elevated positions to provide early warnings, while the main assault force lay in wait, concealed by dense foliage. She envisioned a network of signals, subtle gestures that would communicate orders without a single word spoken.

Time seemed to slip away as she lost herself in the intricate dance of strategy and terrain. Her fingers lightly tapped against the map, mirroring the rhythm of her thoughts. She mentally replayed potential scenarios, anticipating the enemy's movements and reactions. Every twig snap, every rustle of leaves, and every caw of a distant crow became part of the symphony of nature that she tuned into.

Finally, she leaned back, her eyes still locked on the map. She had a plan, a blueprint for an ambush that could turn the tide of battle.

Looking up to those that had gathered with a soft tone she spoke aloud "Why not take out both at the one time?"

Pointing to a thick grove of trees on the map, Sasha continued "These two groups you speak of, they have very different approaches to what it is they do. Though they would appear to be on the same side why is then that they stay away from one another and fail to cooperate? It's likely because they don't see eye to eye, as is evident by the fact they fight so differently. I suggest we put that to good use."

Removing her finger Sasha moved her hand to grasp at her chin "I'm just a rookie scout, I don't even know how to fight. Actually killing isn't something that appeals to me in the slightest. I'm here to observe, scout, and ensure any Ryken citizens are returned home. That being said. You're outnumbered and quite probably out-powered too."

"If we lure the two groups into hunting the same target, especially if there is a fanatical hunter among them as you suggest... wouldn't the two very likely engage one another in combat over the prize? If we time it right we can have our troops swoop in then after and clean up the remaining weakened forces. Two birds, one stone."

Moving her hand yet again, Sasha would rub at her head with a somewhat goofy expression "Though again, I'm just a rookie but those are my two cents. What else did you want me to do?"

Re: Orcs (Grukk, Yara, Minions) and Indicus.

The root cellar like room was a tumult of noise and chaos as the contest between Indicus and Grukk reached its peak. Onlookers cheered, jeered, and placed frantic bets as the two mighty figures strained against each other in a battle of raw power and will.

Grukk's expression twisted in confusion and anger as he felt Indicus's claws digging into his flesh, a slight prick that was more annoying than painful. His brow furrowed, recognizing the unspoken challenge and the subtle use of magic. Yara, too, caught the flash in Indicus's eyes and the confidence in his voice as he responded to her taunt.

As the dragon-borne humanoid's strength began to prevail, Grukk's anger turned to shock, then a grudging respect. The crowd's roars reached a fever pitch as Grukk's arm was slowly but surely forced down to the table.

Indicus's victory was met with a thunderous applause and a few scattered boos from those who had bet against him. Grukk's face was flushed with embarrassment and rage, but as he looked into Indicus's eyes, something shifted within him.

Yara's mocking smile faded, replaced with a look of calculation and, finally, approval. She met Indicus's gaze and nodded slowly. "You speak of strength," she said, her voice carrying a new note of respect. "You have shown it here today."

Grukk grumbled, his anger giving way to a reluctant admiration. He extended his uninjured hand to Indicus, clapping him on the shoulder. "You have won, dragon-borne. We follow strength, and you have proven yours."

The other orcs in the room, initially stunned by the unexpected outcome, began to nod and murmur their agreement. The mood shifted from hostility to acceptance as they recognized the victory not as a humiliation but as a demonstration of power and determination.

The onlookers, sensing the change in the room, slowly dispersed, leaving behind a new alliance forged in competition and sealed with an acknowledgment of strength. Indicus had won more than a simple arm-wrestling match; he had won the respect and allegiance of those who once saw him as an enemy.

OOC: Gained Minions F (Orc Rabble) and Companions F (Grukk and Yara) to control during this adventure. You can issue orders and they are likely (though not guaranteed) to follow you. They are even much less likely to betray you, but they are still monsters and mercenaries paid by the See, so buyer beware! ;)

Uasal Uasal TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Re: Thistle Bramblefoot, Zephyr, Sasha, and Yukan.

Zephyr's eyes were locked onto Yukan as he spoke, her expression thoughtful and intrigued. The tanuki's words were not just commands or simple opinions; they were well-reasoned strategies, delivered with confidence and insight. Her wings fluttered unconsciously, and she found herself leaning slightly forward, drawn to Yukan's every word.

Thistle Bramblefoot, a seasoned scout with sharp eyes and a mind to match, watched Yukan with a more discerning gaze. The fae's delicate features were furrowed in concentration as he weighed the tanuki's reasoning.

Finally, as Yukan concluded his thoughts, Zephyr's eyes sparkled with admiration. "Your words taste like wisdom, Yukan," she said, her voice soft but filled with conviction. "The Crimson Talons are a blight upon our lands, a threat that must be eradicated. It would be fun to inhale your victory, taste it upon my mouth, your oaths fulfilled and vows renewed." She shivered with delight.

Thistle, however, was not so quick to agree. He cleared his throat, his wings twitching in thought. "Yukan's points are valid," he acknowledged, "but we must not underestimate the Wildfang Marauders. Their chaos and savagery can be as dangerous as the precision of the Crimson Talons. Their unpredictability might be used to our advantage, but it could also turn against us."

He paused, his eyes narrowing. "The Crimson Talons are formidable, and while I see the strategic value in targeting them, we must be prepared for a fight unlike any other. Their discipline and organization are their strengths, but they could also be their downfall. They rely on plans, and plans can be disrupted."

Zephyr seemed to ponder Thistle's words but didn't move away from Yukan's side, her faith in his leadership apparent.

Among the few unnamed scout-type people in the room, there were nods of agreement and contemplative looks as they absorbed both the information about the two groups and the different perspectives offered by Yukan, Zephyr, and Thistle. The decision was complex, and the stakes were high.

As Sasha detailed her intricate plan, the room filled with a mix of intrigue and skepticism. The characters present reacted in various ways to her proposal.

Thistle's eyes brightened as he listened to Sasha's strategy. The idea of pitting the two enemy groups against each other had a certain cleverness that appealed to him. His wings quivered in excitement as he envisioned the chaos that could ensue, leading to a potential victory for their side. "A bold plan," he said, his voice tinged with admiration. "I like your way of thinking, Sasha. Using their differences against them might be a stroke of genius. It could save lives and resources."

Zephyr, on the other hand, seemed less impressed. Her gaze was sharp, and her lips were pressed tightly together as she listened to Sasha's words. Her eyes flickered to Yukan occasionally, and a hint of jealousy sparked in her expression. "An interesting thought," she said coolly, "but a risky one. We have no guarantee that they would fight each other, and if the plan fails, we could be caught in a situation far more dangerous than facing them separately. Your inexperience shows, human." Her voice was icy, and her wings were stiff with disapproval.

The few unnamed scout-type individuals looked thoughtful but remained silent, their expressions a mixture of interest and uncertainty. They glanced between Sasha, Thistle, and Zephyr, clearly weighing the different viewpoints.

Meanwhile, Grokk and Yana, who had been listening in on the conversation, shared a glance and snorted. "Ha! The rookie thinks she can play both sides," Grokk sneered, flexing his muscular arms. "They'll talk this to death and still lose."

Yana nodded in agreement, her eyes gleaming with disdain. "All this planning and still no action. They should follow Indicus and take decisive action. Let the weaklings talk while the warriors fight."

They both made no effort to conceal their derision, openly mocking Sasha's status as a rookie and her detailed plan. Their impatience was palpable, and their desire for swift and decisive action was clear.

In the midst of the heated discussion and conflicting opinions, it became apparent to all in the room that there was no singular leader or unifying voice to guide their decision. The stark realization settled like a chill in the air, as the various factions looked to one another, uncertainty written on their faces.

Seraphina Veritas, the dryad known as "Liberator," seemed indifferent to the squabbling, her focus on matters beyond the immediate planning. Her connection to the forest was palpable, her presence serene yet detached. While she was a nexus of activity, her approach was more akin to the natural dynamics of the forest, allowing things to unfold and find their own balance. The room's tension seemed to ebb and flow around her, like a stream around a steadfast boulder.

Thistle finally broke the silence, his voice still warm with enthusiasm. "We may not have a single leader, but we share a common goal. We must find a way to move forward, even if our paths diverge."

Zephyr's eyes narrowed, but she nodded reluctantly. "We cannot afford indecision. We must act, even if it means taking separate paths."

Grokk and Yana grunted in agreement, their impatience boiling over. "Enough talk. Let's get to the fighting!"

The room was filled with murmurs of assent, and slowly, a consensus for a lack of consensus was beginning to form. Though not unified in strategy or method, each individual or group looked like they were at risk of taking the action they deemed fit, hopefully contributing to the overall objective in their way? The risk was real if the planning meeting was allowed to disperse into smaller discussions, with different factions forming temporary alliances or choosing to operate independently. The absence of a singular guiding hand was giving way to a multiplicity of approaches, reflecting the diverse and complex nature of those present.

Seraphina's calm gaze swept over the room, her expression inscrutable. She seemed content to let the others find their way, her focus remaining on her connection to the forest and the larger, unseen dynamics at play.

~'Delta'~

1692355908365.png
Sasha's frustration simmered beneath the surface as she stood amidst the group of scouts, their voices blending together in a cacophony of indecision. Her arms were crossed tightly over her chest, her brows knitted in concern. The wind rustled through the trees, carrying with it an air of uncertainty that seemed to mirror the situation at hand.

She glanced around at her companions, noticing the unease in their eyes as they discussed the plan—or rather, the lack of one. The absence of a defined leader weighed heavily on Sasha's mind. It clearly wasn't the first time the group had faced such a dilemma, but this time, the stakes seemed higher. The mission they were about to undertake demanded unity and coordination, qualities that were sorely lacking without a leader to guide them. If things were to progress as they were, Sasha was certain disaster was all that awaited them.

That being said she was Sasha right now and Sasha the novice adventurer was most certainly not going to be the one to unite this rag-tag group. No Sasha was a humble and kind adventurer, a naive pushover. That was her role and she was to play it perfectly. It was not her place to interject, even if she wanted to, even if the orc deserved to lose his tongue.

As the group discussed their plans, Sasha's voice, tinged with a deceptive sweetness broke through the conversation to meet Grokk's ears "I'm terribly sorry. It's true, I'm but a rookie. I should keep my thoughts to myself in the future.". Turning to Zephyr and tilting her head slightly, Sasha's expression was a picture of earnestness, and her smile was as gentle as a breeze through a summer meadow. She feigned embarrassment, her eyes twinkling with a hidden agenda. "Being from Ryke and a human I could never hope to understand just how much is at stake here for you all. It would be rude for me to even attempt such a feat. So, I'll just do as I'm told. Ryke will have no part in this war, so I shan't take a life. But I will provide you with as much support as I can while doing my utmost to ensure any Ryken citizens are returned home. I won't overstep again. I'm terribly sorry."

Indicus nodded and took the new found respect in stride he set out to kill time but it seemed he made at least some decent allies. "After this mission we should spar sometime I'm always looking for a good opponent to test myself on."

Now unoccupied, Indicus paid attention to the group planning the attack and it seemed there still wasn't an agreement and as the talks went on the orc mercenaries were getting restless with Grokk and Yuna voicing the orcs discontent. There were several different ideas of how to proceed and no one could quite agree. Indicus was not good with words but he decided to back Yukan. "While the scout had a decent idea I agree with Yukan attack the more organized group first if we can find some opportunity to weaken one or both camps before an attack then we can deal with it then."

If Indicus was honest he liked the idea of pitting the groups against each other and even if they allied this more chaotic group could do more damage to their enemies then help. But they needed unity right now and he was under employment by Yukan and so he backed his employer as a sort of tiebreaker.

Yukan Koyake
gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Uasal Uasal Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer
Yukan was actually somewhat eternally surprised by the positive reaction he managed to gather by many, even those who disagreed with him at least seemed to respect his position for the next part which was a great feeling, knowing exactly who his audience was. It was a bit unnerving to be working with monsters of all things, people who had no qualm about killing and taking things from others if they felt like it, but thankfully rather than get insulted it looked like Indicus was getting quite a bit of value of his handshaking endeavor.

Thistle while being a critic had been respectful and understood his points from what Yukan could tell. It was still a bit hard to believe that Yukan had actually traveled here and was here finally..seeing the battlefield, these decisions he knew would be fundamental to winning this war. The less centralized nature of this party and the way things were conducted in the fae, while more free form and allowing for many generations, showed a clear downside in Yukan's mind of the fact that they did not have the benefit of a centralized organized military in their midsts. An operation like this carried out in Kuridan would simply have the upper brass give the commands to the field higher ranks put in charge to carry out, it was unlikely there'd be a discussion so close to action time of this nature in that organized setting. Yukan could only imagine that the Empire functioned similarly, with the exception of the less regulated gang of criminals they had hired, which was arguably similarly to what Yukan was working with as far as the monsters hired by the See went, and these Fae whom many of which thought they were the best at x thing and were highly opinionated and without that as strict hierarchy and sense of self importance they were speaking freely.

Then there was Sasha's idea, which.. actually sort of surprised Yukan that he was hearing it out of the mouth of someone who didn't strike him as having actual military experience. What of course Yukan had idea about was Sasha's less than innocent background in the ways in which she had studied deceiving and killing various people. While Yukan thought his plan was more straight forward, the words of the others who seemed to entertain her idea were not lost on him, even as Indicus backed him up. He could already see there was a danger of fragmenting taking place, which could put all of them at great risk and make the danger already more dangerous to the smaller groups if they just went off and did whatever...maybe..Yukan could work with this, maybe Sasha's surprising plan was actually a way to address this and let people attack whom they wanted...

Yukan then spoke up with Republic of Kuridan Etiquette E, and Leadership E and Warfare F once more (presuming we aren't using social cooldowns right now out of combat)

"Once again you humble me with your kind words Zephyr, and Thistle Bramblefoot your thoughts are not lost on deaf ears nor are your words." he gestured in the general direction of the monsters.

"It would appear we have different ideas about the best way to handle this..while I agree with what Sasha brings up is risky, I'm not so certain you need discount your strategy so quickly." He said toward Sasha after her apologies

Since they were in the Fae See, Yukan of course had heard that Fae could be rather tricky and as a result he had no doubt that some of them were bound to have some abilities like the white witch had..

"Is there anyone among us who is particularly capable in illusion magic?"

"If there is someone among us, who can cast it, I don't think it would necessarily hurt either of our plans to sew seeds out doubts in both parties of identified enemies...we could create a scene nearby for both parties each one would be antagonistic of one another, for the Wildfang Marauders a scene where it looks like the crimson Taltons are going back on their word because the marauders are nothing but criminals and for the Crimson Taltons a scene where it looks like the Wildfang Marauders had gone on a rampage against their supposed empire allies which would play into the held stereotype which I believe they hold that, criminals cannot utlimatly be trusted..it would look particularly compelling if we could do it nearby some actual bodies...we could even use these illusions to isolate their groups and pick them off with the eventually goal of getting them positioned to clash with one another, of course this is just all theoretical..but I do not see why aspects of Sasha's plan could not be mixed into our own..and I understand that there is some additional risk involved..but if anything it could allow all of us involved to decisively hurt both sides which is good for us in the long term."

"Of course this is hinging on us having someone who can cast illusions..I have experienced with first hand how impressive and useful they can be, if it is not so, then I would still stand by my original plan without this additional layer of strategy and assumption of possible additional risk. "

Yukan thought perhaps by explaining it out loud even those like Zephyr who were skeptical of Sasha could see how some of her idea could logically fit into their already existing plans as an additional series of steps. Now looking around the space attempting to gage the 'room''s reaction.

Scene 1: Round 3 A Plan Forms
In the shadowed depths of Seriphana's Tree within the Fae See forest, its root cellar became a makeshift council chamber, ringed with towering ancient trees and a weird mixed swamp/meadow like terrain outside. Dappled purple fairy fire danced along the thick roots overhead and along the walls, casting an ethereal glow on the faces of the diverse group gathered below. The air was cold and thick with the smell of earth.

At the heart of the assembly, Zephyr, her eyes like shifting clouds, listened intently to Yukan's proposal. Her expression was as inscrutable as the wind, and her connection to Yukan seemed to cast a spell of its own over her reaction. "Illusions," she mused, her voice a gentle whisper that danced through the clearing, "The Untamed Wind has shown me the ways to bend reality, to cast shadows and light where I wish. It's a path I can walk." Her commitment to the plan was evident, though the ever-changing currents of her personality left others uncertain of her deeper intentions.

Grokk and Yana, the formidable orc leaders, stood like statues, their bulky frames imposing and fierce. The impatient grumbling of their five orc minions filled the silence between words, their rowdy and bored demeanor adding pressure to the unfolding deliberations.

"If we're to fight, let's fight!" Grokk barked, his voice a low rumble. "Enough talk. We follow the strong, we follow the brave. Show us the way, and we'll crush our enemies."

Thistle Bramblefoot, the halfling guide, stood near several maps of the terrain, his plump frame and cheerful demeanor contrasting sharply with the severity of the situation. Though his face wore a smile, his eyes held a determination fueled by personal loss to the slavers. His voice, surprisingly strong for his small stature, carried through the clearing. "Sasha and Indicus speak of a viable path," although Thistle's eyes glanced towards Zephyr and he let out a small sigh. "Weaken one, then the other. Play them against each other, but do it with strength and tricks."

The other scouts though not vocal, observed the exchange with keen interest, their small forms almost hidden among the taller beings. Their eyes, bright with intelligence, followed the conversation, absorbing the details and weighing the strategies.

It was clear that a consensus was forming, a melding of minds and intentions. The idea of using illusions to sow confusion and doubt, coupled with a decisive strike against both groups, resonated with the assembled warriors and thinkers.

"We shall call it 'Two Birds, One Illusion,'" Thistle declared, the excitement in his voice infectious. "With Zephyr's illusions to confuse and stagger, and our combined might to strike against both The Crimson Talons and The Wildfang Marauders, we can set them against each other, divide and conquer."

Zephyr, her personality as unpredictable as the wind, acknowledged Thistle's words with a distant gaze. Her voice, a gentle whisper, danced through the clearing. "The Untamed Wind spreads untamed in its gifts, illusion and confusion are several I enjoy. For Yukan, I shall walk it, though the way is unknown." Her commitment was there, but her true motives remained hidden, her clingy attachment to Yukan pulling her to hover about him like a gentle breeze caressing his fur.

Grokk and Yana, the formidable orc leaders, impatiently listened to the unfolding plan, their five orc minions adding a rowdy undercurrent to the conversation.

"We follow the strong, we follow the brave," Grokk grumbled, his eyes on Thistle. "This plan has teeth. Let's rip their hearts and devour them with it."

Yana added her support, acknowledging Indicus's words. "Weaken one, then the other. Use strength, not just tricks. It's good."

The unity of thought was growing, the diverse group finding common ground in their shared mission. The plan was set, forged in a mix of cunning, strength, and shared determination.

"We move at dawn, there's a staging area closer to the areas the two poacher groups are active in," Thistle concluded, his eyes meeting each face, sealing their collective resolve. The root cellar seemed to still, anticipation settling like a thick fog.

As they dispersed to prepare, Zephyr's presence lingered, her unpredictable nature keeping her apart. Her attachment to Yukan was a constant, but her deeper intentions were hidden, just out of reach.

OOC: End of scene. Please describe what you do to prepare, which shall grant bonuses. Restrict your actions to skills and abilities you have, which could be used to gain an edge in the coming conflict. You can do up to three things.

1. Seraphina Veritas (Liberator):Seraphina maintains her calming and detached presence, observing the unfolding dynamics without active participation, content to allow others to decide.
    1. Name: Seraphina Veritas

Description (Dryad): Seraphina, known by her title "Liberator." Seraphina's appearance is infused with the beauty and serenity of nature. Her skin has a soft, bark-like texture, and her hair resembles flowing leaves with gentle, green highlights. Her eyes sparkle with a deep connection to the natural world, and her presence emanates a calm, grounding aura. Seraphina's affinity with trees and nature is apparent in her actions and her approach to life, reflecting the wisdom and patience of the forest.Dressed in the uniform of the See, adorned with subtle symbols of liberation, her presence commands respect. A long, silver scar running down her right cheek hints at her battle-hardened past.

Personality: Seraphina is driven by a strong sense of justice and an unwavering commitment to the cause of the See. Methodical, articulate, and diplomatic, she approaches each mission with careful planning and strategic insight. While compassionate towards the oppressed, she is unyielding in her methods, always prioritizing the mission. Her lawful alignment does not prevent her from making morally complex decisions.

History: Born into a family with a proud military tradition, Seraphina joined the ranks of the See's military at a young age. Her intellect and determination quickly caught the eye of her superiors, and she rose through the ranks. Her calling as the "Liberator" came after a personal tragedy where she lost a loved one to the [Slavers]. Since then, she has dedicated her life to eradicating the slave trade, leading numerous successful missions, and earning both respect and controversy within the See's hierarchy.

Skills:

• Strategic Planning: Masterful in crafting and executing intricate plans.
      • Diplomacy: Skilled in negotiation and alliance-building.
      • Combat Training: Experienced in various forms of combat, both magical and physical.
      • Intelligence Gathering: Has a wide network of spies and informants.
      • Abilities:

• Domain [Eternal Glade]: Access to the Eternal Glade Domain.
        • Tree Communication: Seraphina can communicate with and understand the emotions of trees and other plants, making her an invaluable asset in scouting and intelligence gathering within natural environments.
        • Root Manipulation: With her high affinity with trees, she can manipulate roots and other plant life to her advantage, providing strategic opportunities in combat or when setting up ambushes.
        • Natural Magic: Her connection with magic and nature allows her to wield potent spells related to flora, control the environment, and create tangles to trap or slow down enemies.
        • Resilience to Suffocation and Poison: Her Dryad nature grants her enhanced resistance to suffocation and poison, which could be a tactical advantage in specific situations.
        • Environmental Connection: Being tied to the forest, Seraphina may have specific preferred types of trees or forest environments, and her abilities could be more potent within those surroundings.
      • Command Aura: A magical ability that inspires and strengthens those around her.
      • Truth Sight: An innate magical sense that allows her to detect lies and deceit.
      • Binding Oath: Can forge magical contracts that compel adherence to agreed terms.
  2. Zephyr:Reflecting her unpredictable personality, Zephyr is conflicted and torn by Sasha's proposal. While initially displaying jealousy and spite towards Sasha, due to her clingy attachment to Yukan, her emotions and stance may shift suddenly and without clear reason. Her true intentions are hidden, and her current emotional state is a complex mix of tension, uncertainty, and underlying attachment to Yukan.
    1. Name: Zephyr, The Wind-Touched Genasi Informant
      Description: Zephyr is a Genasi of air, imbued with the essence of the wind. Their appearance is ethereal, with wisps of translucent hair that seem to float on unseen currents, and eyes that shimmer like the clear sky. Their skin carries a faint blue hue, and their voice is as soft and elusive as a gentle breeze. Graceful and enigmatic, Zephyr's movements are fluid, and they seem to glide rather than walk.

Personality: Zephyr's personality is as unpredictable and changeable as the wind. They can be gentle and helpful one moment, then distant and aloof the next. Their loyalties are uncertain, and their motives often hidden. While they may provide valuable information, their true intentions remain a mystery, leaving those who deal with them on constant alert.

Skills & Abilities: Zephyr possesses an innate ability to control and manipulate the wind. They can use this power to obscure their movements, create barriers of air, or even attack with gusts of wind. Their elemental nature also gives them a heightened awareness of their surroundings, making them an excellent spy. Moreover, their connections with both the See and the Empire provide them access to secrets and intelligence that few others possess.

Objective: Zephyr's goals are as elusive as their nature. They may be driven by personal gain, a hidden agenda, or a complex web of alliances and enmities. Their assistance to the [Heroes] may come at a price, and their loyalty can be as fleeting as the wind.

Role in the Mission: As a key informant, Zephyr provides vital intelligence regarding the [Poachers] and [Slavers]. Their information can lead to the success or failure of the mission, depending on how the [Heroes] handle their relationship with the informant. Trusting Zephyr too much may lead to betrayal, while being overly suspicious may cause them to withhold crucial information.
  3. Thistle:Warm and open, Thistle remains supportive of Sasha's plan. He is optimistic and eager to move forward, trying to find common ground among the various personalities.
    1. Name: Thistle Bramblefoot, The Halfling Local Guide or Scout

Description: Thistle Bramblefoot is a plump and cheerful halfling, always quick with a smile and a story. Despite his jovial demeanor, his eyes hold a spark of determination and a hint of sadness. Standing at a small stature typical of his kind, Thistle's appearance is unassuming but neatly kept. His clothing is functional, well-worn, and adorned with various tools and trinkets he might need as a guide. A well-used map and a worn-out hat are his constant companions.

Personality: Thistle is resourceful, knowledgeable, and unflinchingly loyal to his community. He has a keen sense of the land and the rhythms of nature. Though he cherishes the simple pleasures of life, the loss of family to the [Slavers] has left a deep mark on him, driving him to assist the [Heroes] with personal stakes in the mission. Thistle's kindness and optimism mask a resolute spirit, ready to take risks for the greater good.

Skills & Abilities: Thistle's mastery of local geography is unparalleled. He knows every hidden path, shortcut, and potential ambush spot in the area. His skills extend to tracking, foraging, and survival in the wild. As a halfling, Thistle is also imbued with a touch of luck, allowing him to escape tricky situations or make improbable discoveries that can aid the mission.

Objective: Thistle's primary goal is to assist the [Heroes] in navigating the area and planning the perfect ambush on the [Poachers]. His personal connection to the tragedy of slavery adds an emotional dimension to his involvement, making him a dedicated and empathetic ally.
  4. Grokk and Yana: Both are restless, impatient, and eager for action. They dismiss the detailed planning and mock Sasha's inexperience, pushing for a decisive course of action. Their emotional states are characterized by a desire for swift, bold action.
    1. 1. Grukk "Thunderfist" Bloodaxe​

Description: Grukk is a massive and imposing Orc warrior, covered in battle scars and adorned with tribal tattoos that tell the story of his many victories. His eyes burn with a savage intensity, and his hands grip his massive axe with a familiarity that speaks of years in combat.

Personality: Grukk is proud, fierce, and unyielding. He respects strength above all else but is not devoid of honor. He believes in the power of the tribe and the sacredness of battle.

Skills & Abilities: Grukk is a master of melee combat, wielding his battle-axe with deadly precision. He also possesses some elemental magic granted by his tribal deity, allowing him to summon thunder and lightning in battle.

Objective: Grukk is driven by the glory of battle and the desire to prove his strength. Though he agrees to aid the mission, he may have his own motives, such as revenge against a specific Poacher or the opportunity to gain powerful artifacts.

2. Yara "Whispersong" Shadowclaw​

Description: Yara is an Oni shamaness, a mystical figure within her tribe. Her slender form is draped in ritualistic garments, and her face is hidden behind an ornate mask. Her voice is soft, almost a whisper, and her movements are graceful, like a dance.

Personality: Yara is enigmatic, wise, and deeply spiritual. She sees the world through the lens of her faith and her connection to the primal forces of nature.

Skills & Abilities: Yara is a skilled spellcaster, focusing on illusion, shadow magic, and nature-based spells. She can summon spirits, create illusions, and control the elements to aid her allies or confuse her enemies.

Objective: Yara's motives are more complex. She sees the mission as part of a greater spiritual journey or prophecy. Her aid may come with specific conditions or rituals that must be observed, and her true agenda may remain hidden, possibly connected to some greater cosmic balance or a specific deity's will.

These [Monsters] add a rich layer to the adventure, providing not just brute force but also complex motivations and potential twists in the narrative. Their involvement can lead to exciting opportunities for role-playing, strategic planning, and even internal conflict within the party. The players must navigate not only the external challenges of the mission but also the intricacies of these unique allies.
  5. Unnamed Orc Minions: Part of Grokk and Yana's hunting party, these five orcs are rowdy and bored. They create a background noise of discontent and impatience, ready to follow whatever Indicus decides. Their emotional state is characterized by restless anticipation and obedience to their leaders.
  6. Unnamed Scout Types: Present in the scene but with less defined roles, these characters likely align with the general sense of determination, uncertainty, and expectation as the gathering decides on its course.

Although they weren't referenced in the scene, lurking around to be discovered (should you want)
Note: Skarn is hiding in the earth and would need to be uncovered and enticed to participate.
Description: Skarn is an Earth Drake, resembling a majestic and powerful reptilian creature, as grand and intimidating as a dragon but without wings. Its scales are a deep earthen brown, and its eyes glimmer with a shrewd intelligence. Its body is sleek and muscular, built for burrowing through the ground with powerful claws that can tear through rock and soil with ease.

Personality: Skarn is enigmatic and stealthy, possessing an uncanny awareness of its surroundings. It has a mysterious connection to the earth and often seems to understand things beyond normal perception. It is not talkative, communicating mostly through growls, body language, or through a handler who understands its unique language.

Skills & Abilities: Skarn's primary ability is its power to tunnel through the earth, allowing it to navigate underground and ambush enemies from below. Its physical strength is formidable, and its bite and claws are deadly in close combat. It can also sense vibrations in the ground, giving it an uncanny ability to detect movement and locate hidden enemies.

Objective: Skarn's motives are hard to decipher, as it doesn't communicate like typical creatures. It may be bound by an ancient pact or guided by a mystical connection to the land. Its decision to aid the mission may stem from a natural enmity toward the Poachers or a mysterious connection to one of the characters or NPCs in the story.

Role in the Mission: Skarn will be invaluable for scouting and ambushing, using its ability to travel unseen beneath the ground. Its presence adds a mystical and unexpected element to the adventure, as well as the potential for surprise tactics. The players may need to figure out how to communicate with Skarn or learn to interpret its signals, adding an extra layer of complexity and teamwork to the mission.

The inclusion of Skarn, the Earth Drake, brings a sense of awe and mystery to the adventure, contributing to the fantastical setting and offering unique tactical opportunities for the player characters. It may also hold secrets or hidden connections that could unravel as the story progresses, adding depth and intrigue to the narrative.

Name: Lysandra

Description: Standing at a diminutive height but with an unwavering and earnest gaze, Lysandra Swiftgear is a gnome with an unshakeable dedication to the rule of law. Her eyes sparkle with intelligence, and her demeanor is calm and methodical. Often seen with an assortment of scrolls, legal tomes, and intricate mechanical devices, Lysandra has a meticulous appearance. Her attire is a mixture of scholarly robes and precisely designed mechanical adornments, reflecting her dual love for law and invention.

Personality: Lysandra is morally upright, cautious, and steadfast in her principles. She values order and clarity and is committed to helping others navigate the complex web of laws and ethical guidelines. Though she may come across as rigid or pedantic, her intentions are noble, and she genuinely wishes to see justice done. Her love for tinkering and mechanisms manifests in her analytical approach to legal problems.

Skills & Abilities: As a highly skilled legal scholar, Lysandra possesses a vast knowledge of the laws, treaties, and ethical codes governing the actions of individuals and nations. Her gnomish aptitude for invention also translates into a knack for logical reasoning and puzzle-solving. She can quickly analyze a situation and offer legal guidance that complies with the law without compromising the mission's goals. Her magical abilities may also provide some support in the form of charms or perception-altering effects.

Objective: Lysandra's main goal is to ensure that the [Heroes] conduct their mission within the bounds of the law, or at least with a clear understanding of the risks involved in acquiring the [Title: Criminal]. She wishes to preserve the integrity of the mission and protect the reputation of the [Heroes].

Role in the Mission: Lysandra acts as a legal and ethical compass for the [Heroes], providing insights into the lawful implications of their actions. Her advice may limit or guide their choices, potentially leading to creative or unconventional solutions. She may also assist in negotiations or disputes, leveraging her legal expertise to gain advantages.

Connection to Other Characters: Lysandra's rigid adherence to legal principles might create tension with more pragmatic or morally flexible characters. Her interactions with the [Liberator], [Monsters], and others can uncover deeper moral dilemmas and offer philosophical discussions about the nature of law and justice in a world where the [System] seems to align with Lawful Evil.

Lysandra adds a layer of complexity to the adventure by introducing legal constraints and ethical considerations. Her character forces the players to think critically about their actions, not only in terms of success or failure but in the context of broader moral and legal ramifications. She also provides opportunities for debate, negotiation, and creative problem-solving, allowing players to explore different facets of the mission and the world's underlying systems.

Name: Thrain Ironbeard

Description: Thrain Ironbeard is a sturdy and imposing dwarf with a thick, bushy beard interwoven with iron rings, signifying his mastery over metallurgy. His eyes glint with a mixture of curiosity and shrewd calculation, always assessing the value of objects and people alike. Wearing robust and elaborately crafted armor of his own design, he carries the scent of forge fire and molten metal.

Personality: Pragmatic and no-nonsense, Thrain is a master of his craft and knows the value of his work. He's willing to provide the [Heroes] with the weapons and tools they need but expects fair compensation or favors in return. Though he harbors a deep-seated hatred for goblinoids and orcs, he’s wise enough to keep his emotions in check when business is on the line. However, tension may arise when dealing with the [Monsters], particularly the Orc/Oni.

Skills & Abilities: Thrain is a master weaponsmith and artisan, capable of forging magical weapons, armor, and tools. His knowledge of magical metallurgy is vast, allowing him to imbue items with unique properties. Additionally, his understanding of various fighting styles allows him to customize equipment to suit individual warriors. He also has access to gear and equipment via [wealth].

Objective: Thrain's main goal is to profit from his skills and wares. While he may sympathize with the mission of the [Heroes], his support often comes at a price. He can be a valuable ally if the [Heroes] can meet his demands, but his loyalty is to his craft and his coin.

Role in the Mission: As the supplier of tools, weapons, or magical artifacts, Thrain equips the [Heroes] for their mission. His expertise can give them a crucial edge, and his unique creations may offer unexpected advantages. However, his demands may also create complications or moral dilemmas, especially if he insists on involving himself in dealings with the [Monsters].

Connection to Other Characters: Thrain's relationship with the [Monsters] can be a source of conflict or an opportunity for negotiation and diplomacy. His interactions with the [Liberator] and [Players] can provide moments of humor, tension, or camaraderie, depending on how they approach him and his demands.

Thrain Ironbeard, The Dwarf Weapons Master, adds a layer of practicality and complexity to the adventure. His involvement forces the players to consider not only what they need for the mission but what they are willing to give or sacrifice to obtain it. His character provides opportunities for negotiation, bartering, ethical choices, and interactions that delve into the cultural and racial dynamics of the world.

~'Delta'~

1692544734565.png
Sasha moved with quiet grace through the dense forest. Her footsteps were light, barely making a sound as her keen eyes scanned the surroundings for signs of danger. The late evening sunlight filtered through the leaves, casting dappled patterns on the forest floor. Her coat's exterior, a mixture of earthy greens and blacks, blended seamlessly with the natural hues of the environment. Every step was deliberate, each movement calculated. She crouched low, studying the ground for any disturbances that might hint at traps laid by potential adversaries. Her gloved fingers brushed against leaves and twigs, her touch almost reverent as she gauged the terrain. A rustle to her left caught her attention, and she froze, her senses attuned to the slightest shifts in the air. A ferret, no need to fret just yet.

Sasha's focus was unwavering as she continued her reconnaissance, her body blending into the foliage as if she had become one with the forest itself.
Eyes sharp as a hawk's, she sought out vantage points that could provide strategic advantages in the upcoming battle. A gnarled tree with sturdy branches, a rocky outcrop overlooking a potential battleground – each potential perch was evaluated with a scout's precision. Her mental map of the terrain was meticulously expanded with every step, every observation, ensuring that her team would have the upper hand when the time came.

Sasha's movements were deliberate yet fluid, her novice experience only somewhat evident in the way she navigated the landscape. She inched closer to a cluster of boulders that might offer cover, scanning the area for signs of enemy presence. Her hands readying a length of wire, ready for any sudden threats. Her heart beat steadily, a rhythm that synced with the pulse of the forest around her.

As the night's moons grew higher and higher, Sasha's scouting mission continued. Every second spent in the forest was an investment in the safety of her companions and the success of the impending battle. In other words, every second was an investment into her alternate identity and the completion of this commission. With unwavering determination, she embraced her role as a guardian of the shadows, gathering intel that would shape the outcome of the conflict to come. Intel she would provide to Thistle before early morning.

Skills used -
  • Stealth F
  • Concealment F
  • Traps F

Abilities to consider -
  • Shadows Embrace F - Concealment F, Stealth F - Delta uses her training as an assassin to blend into her surroundings. F Grade - 1 Action - 0 Post Cooldown
Attempted Actions-
  1. Gain more intel on enemy movements
  2. Ascertain any possible traps laying in wait
  3. Ascertain any possible locations that might provide the team with a tactical advantage

After the meeting Indicus decided to use the cover of the night to do his own preparations after studying a map with the locations of both camps he moved silently along the forest carefully searching for poisonous mushrooms and fruits and using gloves he borrowed to handle them and put them in individual bags sorted by plant. He noticed the scout out and about but did not bother her. He was no alchemist but he knew many of the mushrooms gathered induced hallucinations and the plants would irritate the skin minor effects but they could help immensely if mixed with the morning stew and he would use gloves and a "barrowed" mortar and pedestal to carefully grind the irritants into a green powder that looked similar to herbal spices.

Once his preparations were done he smiled and gathered a few orcs that were quick of foot and quiet of step and with his band they made their way to the Wildfang Marauder's camp. once they were close to the camp Indicus still hidden by the forest took to the sky high enough to get a nice view of the traps set around the camp. they seemed haphazard carelessly placed and hidden was a generous term to use.

Indicus could feel the wind blowing towards them carrying a fowl stench but making it harder for the Wildfang's more smell keen kin to somehow get Indicus and his small band of 3 orcs scent and so with preparations done Indicus had the orcs hunt some Wildfang patrols and drop a couple of taunting notes supposedly from some new Crimson Talon recruits. With the hallucinations from the mushrooms and irritants coating their throats they would not be in the best condition to think logically.

Indicus himself had the more dangerous job he would sneak in and swap out prepared ingredients with the hallucinogenic mushrooms and irritants he had a decent stockpile from the hours scouring the forest before sunset. Indicus also wanted to see if he could acquire some coin from the marauder camp to pay his helpers. So making sure enough of the mud and grass was covering his scales he approached the wall from a place he noticed the watch towers poorly covered and jumped up before using his wings to fly over the wall and land on the other side the true test had begun. For this he had to be fast, nimble and quiet.

Once everything was done the group would retreat back to camp

OOC:
Indicus gathers hallucinogenic mushrooms and ivy's similar to poison ivy or poison oak before grinding the ivy into a powder and cutting the mushrooms into small chunks. (Survival F)

Indicus takes 3 orcs to go to the Marauders camp with him. The orcs are to attack patrols leaving taunting notes supposedly from some new Crimson Talon recruits. [Minions F (Orc Rabble)]

Indicus goes over the wall to swap the hallucinogenic mushrooms and ivy's with the camps supply of normal mushrooms and spices that would be used in camp breakfast Indicus also has a goal to if possible steal some loose coin to pay the orcs for helping him. [Undetected (sound) F, Stealth F, Fly F, Jump F, Fast F, Survival F]

Yukan Koyake
gmimperfecti gmimperfecti Uasal Uasal Shadow Dancer Shadow Dancer

Yukan was relieved when the sense of division was going away. The orcs were perhaps the least unified feeling from a surface level reading of the 'room' to Yukan, however even they too acknowledged the plan had merits since it meant they got to kill and maim the enemy from the sound of things. They really did need units wit formidable strength if they were to counter some of the enemies from the sounds of things. Thankfully they seemed intent on following Indicus since he proved to them how strong he was, which was great as far as Yukan was concerned since he doubted Indicus would let them down with how fiercely and ferally he had attacked that hill toad...plus Indicus had voiced his support for Yukan which meant by extension they'd hopefully fall in line with the plan. Of course there was still some logistics to iron out, and it was obvious that not everyone was entirely sold on what was going on..

Two Birds one illusion he thought to himself..that was a good name for a strategy, and now they were finally really sounding like an organized military which was a relief. Zephyr being skilled at illusion magic was ideal..Yukan was glad that he had mentioned it, and was glad that he had heard in passing how crafty those from the Fae See could be..Of course he knew the pledge he had made, and failure was not an option..but frankly to Yukan failure in combat was never an option, it was die an honorable death fighting until the bitter end for him or success, there was no in between..he would show his resolve in this conflict and he would live to come back and see Gyoubu and the others back home when all was said and done...
Of course there was a slight unease with how Zephyr didn't always speak in definitives, but she did seem to be on his side largely which was good.
---
When the meeting finally concluded, and the other two, Indicus and Sasha had gone off to do some night espionage and scouting respectfully from the sound of things, which if Yukan had heard about was in favor of, since he trusted them to do their part just as any other, since it wasn't exactly in the wheelhouse of his skill set instead he stayed back with some of the others who had been lurking around.

But first he'd speak to Zephyr after all was said and done to see if he could get a better read on her or even perhaps get some more information on their enemies if possible. She was fundamental to this plan so he wanted to make sure they stayed in good graces.

For his first action: "Great Zephyr," He'd give a bow once more as he addressed her, using Republic Of Kuridan Etiquette F ,Warfare F, Persuasion F as well as leveraging his [Triad Allied Leader] title.

"I thank you for helping us in this dangerous ordeal...I have been made much more aware of the true threat of these group thanks to your intelligence which you gracious bestowed upon us..and of course I intend to hold steadfast to my pledge, I will not surrender and I fully intend to achieve our goal here today..using everything i have to offer, including my life if need be, for it would be a great dishonor to give it anything less against this evil." He spoke with great honesty.

"With my assurance, I wanted to ask, did you happen to notice if..The Crimson Talons happen to employ the use of any..constructs?..I fear that in the past, the Empire has used amany to bring mass destruction against their foes including my homeland.. and I feel that the chance of such a well organized group using them is high, and while I have faith in your illusion capability, the last thing I would want is for one of those sorts of man made metal devils to use some sort of enhanced appraisal and ruin our well laid plans..if they are, do you have any idea what their possible capabilities are or if what they look like..I'm certain we must have the means to counter some of these contraptions...if it is the case, and if we do we should seriously consider preemptively compromising them to take away any potential recognizance capabilities they may possess."

With that clarifying dialogue, he'd respectfully wait for a response.
---
For his second action:

Yukan was curious about his surroundings on scene so with his Darkvision F, and Enhanced Sense of Smell F, he tried to sus out if there was anyone else around of interest who hadn't made themselves obvious, knowing all kinds of beings of various shapes and sizes could be present. Before he'd speak with Leadership E and Persuasion F once more, "If there is anyone here..present the expanse of this land who may be interested to aid us in our just mission, I would be humbled if you would make yourselves known..as the more help we can get against the Empire the more lives and land we can save from their aggression, perhaps terms could be arranged if you were to come forward, and speak."

For his third action:

Depending on information gained from first two actions, Yukan would try to negotiate with necessary parties to inform any adaptations to the plan either involving new information or those interested in helping, keeping himself available and open to conversation for further strategizing or otherwise.

Attempted Actions:
1. Try to Learn more about enemies to adjust plan if need be and about Zephyr's thoughts.
2. Try to see if anyone else who hadn't been as obvious on scene might be interested in joining in a more involved way. (Skarn or others if anyone else is around) to open up dialogue.
3. If 1 and or 2 is successful consolidate with key figures in group using applicable social skills and leadership skills.

Scene 1 to 2: A Montage Segue between scenes.
Uasal Uasal
Scene 1: Intel on Enemy Movements

Cut to Sasha crouching in the shadow of a dense thicket, her eyes fixed on a distant campfire where members of the Crimson Talons are gathered. The camera pans as she carefully sketches their positions and movements into a small notebook, her hand steady and precise. She captures the details of their patrol routes, timing, and formation.

Fade to a montage of her following the Wildfang Marauders, her presence unseen but her focus unbreakable. Scenes of her trailing behind them, hiding behind trees, taking notes, capturing the essence of their movements, and committing them to memory.

Advantage gained: Comprehensive understanding of enemy patterns, valuable for planning the ambush (treat relevant out of combat abilities as 1 grade higher).

Scene 2: Traps Laying in Wait

Cut to Sasha navigating through a narrow ravine, her footsteps light and cautious. The camera focuses on her gloved hand as it brushes against a tripwire, barely visible in the dim light. Her eyes widen, and she follows the wire to a deadly trap.

Cut to a montage of her identifying and marking traps, each one a potential hazard, yet now turned into an asset. One scene lingers on her hand accidentally triggering a trap, a sudden release of a swinging log that strikes her shoulder with a thud, leaving a few broken ribs.

Advantage gained: Knowledge of traps that can be avoided or used against enemies (either remove environmental penalty or apply "trap" during one attack).
Disadvantage gained: A painful injury that may hinder her performance in the battle (-1 hp).

Scene 3: Tactical Advantage Locations

Cut to Sasha scaling a steep hill, her body silhouetted against the moonlit sky. She reaches the summit and gazes out over the forest, the camera revealing a panoramic view of the terrain. Her eyes lock onto key positions: a rock outcrop, a dense thicket, a hidden cave.

Fade to a montage of her exploring these locations, each one a potential stronghold or vantage point. Scenes of her standing on the rock, peering from the cave, testing the sturdiness of a tree branch. Every angle is considered, every position evaluated.

Cut to her handing over the detailed map to Thistle, their eyes meeting in a moment of shared understanding and determination.

Advantage gained: Selection of strategic locations for offense, defense, and maneuverability, strengthening the team's battle plan (grant +1 to any "team-up" action where Sasha is involved).

Fade to black, the screen filled with the rustling sounds of leaves and the distant calls of nocturnal creatures. The stage is set, the plan is in motion, and the time for action draws near. Sasha's efforts have provided critical advantages, but the unexpected injury serves as a somber reminder that the path ahead is fraught with uncertainty and danger. Sasha herself departed with her goal of aiding the scouting and preparation for the raid; however, she wasn't prepared to do anything that might reflect badly upon Ryke. However, the group of scouts seemed to grow by one even in her absence.

Scene 4: Gathering Hallucinogenic Materials

Cut to Indicus trudging through a dark, damp forest, his eyes scanning the underbrush. Close-up of his hand reaching down to pluck a glistening mushroom from the forest floor, its cap a vibrant, unnatural shade of blue.

Cut to a montage of him collecting various hallucinogenic mushrooms and ivy similar to poison ivy, each specimen more bizarre and toxic than the last. Scenes of him grinding the ivy into a fine powder, slicing mushrooms, mixing and preparing the concoction. Suddenly, he mishandles a particularly venomous plant, and it scratches his arm. His face contorts in pain as a rash quickly spreads.

Advantage gained: A potent mixture that can create chaos and confusion (can be used to cause penalties if ingested).
Disadvantage gained: Injury from toxic plants, potentially affecting his physical abilities (-1 effectiveness to physical abilities).

Scene 5: Orc Assault on the Marauders' Patrols

Cut to Indicus meeting with three fierce-looking orcs, his voice persuasive and authoritative as he briefs them on the mission. Cut to the orcs ambushing a patrol of Marauders, their ferocity and strength overwhelming the enemy.

Fade to a montage of repeated attacks, each one a hit-and-run, leaving behind taunting notes and fear in their wake. Cut to a scene where one of the orcs is caught in a counter-ambush by the Marauders, and he falls, a look of betrayal in his eyes as he looks back at Indicus.

Advantage gained: Striking fear and confusion into the enemy's ranks (-1 morale when doing team-up actions).
Disadvantage gained: Loss of trust and loyalty among the remaining orcs, one orc lost (-1 effectiveness during combat).

Scene 6: Sabotage and Theft Inside the Marauders' Camp

Cut to Indicus soaring over the Marauders' wall, a magical glimmer in his eyes as he lands silently within the enemy camp. The camera follows him as he sneaks into the food supply area, swapping the hallucinogenic mushrooms and ivy with normal ingredients, his movements graceful and precise.

Cut to a montage of his stealthy movements through the camp, a cat-and-mouse game with the guards, as he pilfers loose coins. His every step is calculated, every risk assessed. In a tense scene, he is nearly spotted, and in his haste, he trips over a loose stone, twisting his ankle. He suppresses a grimace of pain as he makes his final escape.

Advantage gained: Successful sabotage of the enemy's food supply and acquisition of funds to pay the orcs (-1 to all team-up actions; gain Wealth F during this adventure).
Disadvantage gained: Twisted ankle, reducing mobility (loose move action unless using move ability).

Fade to black, the sound of night creatures merging with the distant laughter and shouts from the Marauders' camp. Indicus has achieved a significant victory, but at the cost of physical injury and strained relations with his allies. The stakes are high, and the risks are real, but the plan is taking shape. The ambush is nearing, and the tension is palpable.

Scene 7: A Conversation with Great Zephyr

Fade in to Yukan and the ethereal Zephyr in a quiet glade, her mystical aura illuminating the shadows. Close-up of Yukan's respectful bow as he addresses her with eloquence and sincerity.

Cut to Zephyr, her eyes thoughtful as she listens, then nodding as she begins to speak, detailing that the Crimson Talons' had their metallic constructs taken away by Dominus Coldclaw, The Empire Agent, a Moon-blessed Vampire. Dominus uses the pair as her personal body guards. She even sketches an image of the trio in the air with her magical power, giving Yukan an understanding of their appearance.

Cut to Yukan's determined face as he absorbs the information, thanking Zephyr for her wisdom. He reassures her of his commitment, and they part on terms of mutual respect.

Advantage gained: Insight into the the slaver Dominus Coldclaw and the pair of metallic constructs she uses.
Advantage gained: A strengthened bond with Zephyr, who is now unlikely to abandon Yukan.

Scene 8: Reaching Out to Hidden Allies

Cut to Yukan, his senses sharp as he scans the area for hidden beings. Close-ups of his eyes as he employs his Darkvision, and his nose twitching as he utilizes his Enhanced Sense of Smell. The rustling leaves, the sounds of night creatures, all lead him to a hidden cave.

Fade to Yukan approaching the hidden cave, where the Earth-Tunneling Drake, Skarn, resides. A conversation ensues, filled with negotiations, and the promise of aid.

Advantage gained: Skarn, The Earth-Tunneling Drake as an ally in the upcoming battle. However, Skarn is a monster and requires at least three people to be sacrificed in a detailed ritual they can be prisoners, slaves, or whomever but they must be sentients in decent health whose struggling he can enjoy as he buries them alive and devours their terror stricken corpses. Otherwise, he'll come for Yukan if the deal isn't held up.

Scene 9: Strategizing and Consolidating

Cut to a makeshift war room, where Yukan gathers key figures, including Skarn, Indicus, Sasha, and others. Close-ups of maps, plans, and serious faces as they debate and discuss, adapting their strategy based on the new information and allies.

Fade to a montage of them making preparations, each individual playing a part, their unity and determination evident. Yukan's leadership shines as he directs and motivates, ensuring that everyone is on the same page.

Cut to Yukan, alone now, looking out into the night, his face resolute and hopeful. The plans have been made, the allies have been rallied, and now all that remains is to execute the ambush.

Advantage gained: A consolidated and adapted plan (+1 teamwork bonus), with full alignment and commitment from all involved parties (everyone's onboard).

Fade to black, the haunting melody of a flute lingering in the air, a prelude to the battle to come. Yukan's careful diplomacy, insightful questions, and strong leadership have set the stage for what promises to be a cunning and well-coordinated assault on their common enemy. The path is clear, and the stakes are high. The time for action is now.

Last edited:
Scene 2: Two Birds with One Illusion
The dense forest of the See was alive with the sound of distant waterfalls and the calls of exotic birds. Insects buzzed, and the subtle rustling of leaves whispered secrets of movement and life. Within this teeming wilderness, the group of scouts moved with a quiet, determined grace. Their dark attire blended with the shadows, eyes sharp and ears attuned to the slightest noise. Guided by the faintest of trails, they followed broken twigs and inspected footprints with a skilled tracker's eye.

Not far behind, Thistle Bramblefoot, the jovial Halfling guide, used his small stature to navigate the tangled undergrowth. His eyes were filled with determination and a hint of sadness. His well-worn hat bobbed with each step, and his well-used map guided him unerringly. His knowledge of the land led him to the two groups of poachers they were tracking: the Wildfang Marauders, a chaotic and wild band of poachers notorious for their savagery, and another group from the dreaded Empire.

Both groups were leaving the slave compound and going their separate ways. It would take some work to lure the Crimson Talons in such a way that they were at first lead away from the Wildfang Mauraders and then brought around behind them, timed to arrive when the Marauders were already committed and being attacked in the ambush. The Scouts and Thistle would have their work cut out for them.

The Marauders were more akin to a horde than a structured group, led by a charismatic, insane, and fearless chieftain. They were a motley crew of barbarians, berserkers, outlaws, and thrill-seekers, driven by greed, the thrill of the hunt, personal vendettas, and pure chaos. Their tactics emphasized overwhelming force, frenzy, fear, and brute strength. But their lack of coordination and internal conflicts made them vulnerable to manipulation. The recent sabotage and theft inside their camp, coupled with the orcs' assault on their patrols, had further destabilized them, making them easier to fool with an illusion.

A panoramic view revealed the chosen ambush site: a narrow ravine flanked by towering cliffs. It was a perfect choke point and one the Marauders often used for ambushes themselves. Thistle and the scouts began the careful work of setting up the ambush, each movement precise, each trap and position carefully considered. The chosen location allowed them to stagger the two groups, using illusions and deception to play them off against each other.

Zephyr's chosen illusion was a masterful one. It appeared as though the Crimson Talons were rushing to capture a group of adolescent elves out hunting, precisely the kind of chaos that would draw the Marauders' attention. The scenery was beautiful but also foreboding, nature's splendor concealing the deadly intentions of those who would use it to their advantage.

Chieftain Gralk Bloodfang led the Wildfang Marauders through the ravine, his hulking frame and wild eyes filled with a perpetual hunger for chaos. As the illusion crafted by Zephyr unfolded before him, a savage grin twisted his scarred face, and he bellowed orders to his motley crew, excitement clear in his voice.

Bryna the Berserker, a tall and muscular woman with a frenzied look, responded with a battle-cry that echoed through the rocky terrain. Her hand tightened around her axe, the thrill of the hunt overtaking her.

Fargrim One-Eye, the crew's tracker, squinted at the illusion with his remaining eye. Though he sensed something amiss, his loyalty to the chieftain led him forward, though caution marked his step.

Tara Wildsong's mystical connection to animal spirits left her feeling a confusing disconnect with the illusion. The absence of guidance from her spirit guides only heightened her bewilderment.

Krell the Ravager's twisted smile widened as he laughed maniacally, swinging his flail in anticipation of the chaos. The prospect of battle was a siren song to his madness.

Dara Swiftblade moved with predatory grace, her senses tingling at the sight of the illusion. Her quick and wiry frame darted ahead, twin daggers at the ready.

Gorak the Firestarter's eyes sparkled with unhinged delight, his hands busy preparing firebombs. The chaos was an invitation he couldn't refuse, and he cackled as he envisioned the destruction.

Varnak Ironfist's armored march was steadfast and unyielding, his massive hammer promising to crush and dominate. The illusion was an opportunity, and he took it without hesitation.

Lysa Shadowveil's rogue instincts nagged at her, but she too was drawn into the fray. A hand on the hilt of her sword, she moved like a shadow, her flair for the dramatic concealed by a mask of concentration.

The youngest, Mara the Whisperer, whispered her doubts to her comrades, but the lure of battle swept her doubts aside. She joined the rush, her gift for persuasion temporarily eclipsed by the promise of combat.

Together, the Marauders charged towards the illusion of adolescent elves, each member reacting in their unique way to the prospect of battle. Some were driven by pure bloodlust, others by confusion or suspicion, but all were ensnared by Zephyr's trap.

As they rushed headlong into the illusion, their own savagery and unpredictability turned against them, the real danger lurked unseen.

Meanwhile...

The Crimson Talons, with their methodical precision, were on the move also having left the Slave Compound about five miles from the See border. Their day's task was routine but essential: inspecting the network of traps and snares they had laid across the land. Each trap was a potential prize, a capture that would enrich their coffers and strengthen their hold in the region.

Their path was well-planned, each step calculated. But the unexpected lay in wait.

Near the border, a pit trap had claimed unintended victims. A See Merchant Caravan, laden with goods and guided by unsuspecting merchants, had found disaster. The pack animals, oblivious to the hidden danger, had stumbled into the pit, their cries of distress echoing through the forest.

The merchants were stranded, their journey halted by the cruel twist of fate. Panic was setting in as they realized the nature of the trap. Time was not on their side, for the very creators of this deadly snare were drawing near.

The Crimson Talons were relentless in their checks, and it would be only a matter of twenty minutes or so before they stumbled upon the trapped caravan. The discovery would be an opportunity, a chance to seize the goods and perhaps even the merchants themselves.

Meanwhile, the challenge for those opposing the Talons was immense. Leading the Crimson Talons on a wild goose chase, diverting them from their well-laid path, and eventually guiding them back towards an active ambush on the Wildfang Marauders required a blend of cunning, timing, and audacity.

The illusion was set, the trap laid. The Wildfang Marauders, already destabilized by sabotage, theft, and orc assaults, were ripe for deception. An illusion was crafted, one that made it appear as if the Crimson Talons were rushing to capture a group of adolescent elves out hunting.

The stage was set for a complex game of misdirection and manipulation, a battle of wits where the stakes were high, and the margin for error was thin. The clock was ticking, and with every passing minute, the Crimson Talons drew closer to the trapped caravan, their methodical approach bringing them nearer to a situation that could spiral into chaos.

In the shadowed woods and hidden ravines, eyes watched and minds planned, the tension palpable. The coming moments would test the mettle of all involved, a dance of deception and strategy that would determine the fate of many.

1. Chieftain Gralk Bloodfang: A hulking brute with wild, unkempt hair and a scarred face that bore a perpetual sneer. His eyes were crazed, always hungry for the thrill of battle. Upon seeing Zephyr's illusion, his lips twisted into a savage grin, and he bellowed orders, excitement and bloodlust clear in his voice. He saw an opportunity, a chaotic skirmish that called to his very soul.
  2. Bryna the Berserker: A tall and muscled woman with a frenzied look in her eyes. Her battle-axe was always at her side, and she thrived on mayhem. The illusion had her chomping at the bit, her battle-cry echoing through the ravine as she prepared to charge.
  3. Fargrim One-Eye: Missing one eye and with a face crisscrossed with scars, Fargrim was the crew's tracker. Skeptical and cunning, he squinted at the illusion, feeling that something was off but unable to put his finger on it. He followed his leader but with caution in his step.
  4. Tara Wildsong: A mystical figure who communicated with animal spirits, her reaction to the illusion was one of confusion. She felt a disconnect with the natural order and looked to her spirit guides, who offered no clarity.
  5. Krell the Ravager: A massive man with a twisted smile, he wielded a flail and loved the sound it made against bone. The illusion excited him, and he laughed maniacally, swinging his flail and anticipating the chaos.
  6. Dara Swiftblade: Quick and wiry, with a preference for twin daggers, Dara was the crew's scout and infiltrator. The illusion made her senses tingle, and she moved with swift, predatory grace, eager to join the fray but also alert to the odd sensation it evoked.
  7. Gorak the Firestarter: An unhinged pyromaniac, Gorak's eyes lit up at the prospect of battle. The illusion to him was a chance for destruction, and he began to prepare his firebombs, cackling with glee.
  8. Varnak Ironfist: The group's heavy hitter, armored and bearing a massive hammer. He grunted approval at the illusion, seeing an opportunity to crush and dominate. His march toward the illusion was steadfast and unyielding.
  9. Lysa Shadowveil: A rogue with a flair for the dramatic, Lysa's eyes narrowed at the illusion. She felt a nagging doubt but was drawn to the chaos nonetheless. Her hand strayed to the hilt of her sword as she moved, a shadow among shadows.
  10. Mara the Whisperer: The youngest of the crew, Mara had a gift for persuasion and mind games. The illusion puzzled her, and she whispered to her companions, planting seeds of doubt. But the lure of battle and the cries of her comrades swept her along.

The Crimson Talons, a professional and menacing force, moved with the synchrony and discipline only achievable through rigorous training and an unbreakable chain of command. Here was an assembly not driven by mere passion but molded by structure and cold strategy.

1. Leader: Legionarius Septimus Voss, an experienced and cold-hearted strategist with a military background, commanded the group. His eyes, hard and calculating, missed nothing, and his commands were precise and demanding. He was a man who had traded his emotions for tactical acumen, and his face bore the lines of countless battles and decisions weighed in the balance of war.
  2. Soldier Champion and Unit: The Soldier Champion, Titus Servius, stood tall, flanked by five nameless soldiers. Clad in heavy armor, their movements were practiced and efficient. The loyalty to their leader was evident in their disciplined ranks. Their faces were masked by helmets, their individuality submerged in their roles as parts of a greater whole.
  3. Ranger Champion and Unit: Leading the rangers was the keen-eyed Livia Cassia, surrounded by five nameless rangers who mirrored her alertness and precision. They were the eyes and ears of the Talons, their bows at the ready, arrows tipped with deadly intent. The way they scanned the terrain spoke of a deep understanding of their surroundings, a skill honed through relentless practice.
  4. Trapper Champion and Unit: Gaius Varro, the Trapper Champion, directed a unit of five nameless trappers, masters of ambush and deceit. They handled their traps and snares with an artist's touch, setting them with deadly accuracy. Their work was silent but deadly, a reflection of their own quiet and meticulous nature.
Together, the Crimson Talons formed a relentless and methodical hunting machine, each member a cog in a deadly apparatus. Their reputation was not unearned; they specialized in capturing See citizens with brutal efficiency, their actions marked by ruthlessness and strategic insight.

But with all their strengths, they were not without weaknesses. The over-reliance on plans and potential internal strife could be their undoing, their precision and control a double-edged sword.

Facing them was not a task undertaken lightly. They were a known danger, their precise tactics an opportunity for exploitation yet a challenge requiring the utmost caution and cleverness. To target the Crimson Talons was to engage in a game of chess with high stakes, a battle not just of might but of wits and cunning.

Last edited:
~'Delta'~

Native, Orphan, Martial Artist, Razor Wire Apprentice, Infamous (Ryke), Attentive Student, Ryken Adventurer F, Intermediate Variant, Apprentice Assassin

1692755180219.jpegSasha's time with the See Camp had been fruitful, her skills in scouting and providing valuable intelligence proving instrumental to their recent endeavors and hopefully, the attack that was to come. Though given her Ryken ties this was where her aid to the See needed to be cut, Ryken was a neutral state and as such she could not aid them any more than she had. Not that they wanted her to do anything more mind you. As the sun began to slowly rise above the horizon, casting long shadows across the camp, she stood before the leaders, receiving their words of gratitude and the exchange of a pouch filled with coin for her services.

Sasha inclined her head in acknowledgment, a small smile playing at the corners of her lips. "It was my pleasure to assist. If you ever require my services again, don't hesitate to reach out to the Ryken Adventurers Guild."

With that, she turned and left the camp behind, her footsteps silent as she moved through the underbrush. Her senses remained alert, as years of training had taught her to be ever vigilant, even in moments of seeming safety.

A shadow passed over her, catching her attention. Sasha's eyes lifted, and her arm extended instinctively as a messenger hawk circled above. The majestic bird glided down, landing gracefully on her outstretched arm. Attached to its leg was a small parchment, sealed with the insignia of a shadowy organization she knew all too well.

Carefully, Sasha detached the parchment and unfurled it, her eyes scanning the concise message that was meant for her alone. The words were terse but clear: "Assassination contract. Target: Dominus Coldclaw, slave trader. Execute swiftly."

With a sense of inevitability, she cast a final glance at the parchment and then, without hesitation, ignited a small fire using flint and steel.

As the flames danced and devoured the message, Sasha watched it burn until only ashes remained. She took a deep breath the time for subtlety had ended; the hunter was to become the hunted.

With a swift motion, Sasha shed her scout's attire, revealing the sleek black garb that marked her true profession. She became Delta once more, the assassin who operated in the shadows, striking with precision and intent.

She glanced back at the camp she had just left behind, a fleeting thought of gratitude for the opportunities it had provided. Though Sasha couldn't aid the See in this war it seemed Delta not only could but indeed was faithed to. Shaking the thought her focus now rested solely on her next target—Dominus Coldclaw, a figure who had undoubtedly earned the enmity of those who had sent her this message.

Delta's steps were purposeful as she melted into the darkness of the underbrush once more, the morning light casting a shadow over her determined expression. The transition from Sasha to Delta was seamless, a testament to her adaptability and prowess. Delta had been raised for this, this was what she actually strove for. Her first big target. The backstreet boy's gang leader was nothing by comparison. This, this contract would make or break her career.

With that in mind, Delta proceeded toward the slave encampment with haste. Using one of the many vantage points she had found the night prior to scan the area.

Actions:
1. Shadows Embrace F - Concealment F, Stealth F - Delta uses her training as an assassin to blend into her surroundings. F Grade - 1 Action - 0 Post Cooldown

Advantages/Disadvantages to consider:
  1. Advantage gained- Comprehensive understanding of enemy patterns, valuable for planning the ambush (treat relevant out of combat abilities as 1 grade higher).
  2. Advantage gained- Knowledge of traps that can be avoided or used against enemies (either remove environmental penalty or apply "trap" during one attack).
  3. Advantage gained- Selection of strategic locations for offense, defense, and maneuverability, strengthening the team's battle plan (grant +1 to any "team-up" action where Sasha is involved).
  4. Disadvantage gained- A painful injury that may hinder her performance in the battle (-1 hp).

Indicus got back to camp the rash on his arm was annoying and his ankle felt stiff meaning it would be harder to move normally thankfully he had his wings so that should help some as for the orcs well it was up to them how they felt when shit happened on a mission thankfully he had coin to help smooth things out and compensate for the loss and he made sure to be very generous with it.

All in all Indicus felt he was successful and the rash, ankle and lost trust was a price he was willing to pay to increase the odds of victory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back