• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy From Beyond the Ancient Fog

QuestingBeast

“You there, hush. Keep your voice down.

What? Why ask me why? They're here, haven’t you heard?

Come, come. Come and join the fire. I’ll tell all, but guard your tongue 'bout whom ya heard it from.

It’s those whispers in the marketplace. Secrets shared under hushed breath. Stories made flesh.

Fae from the world beyond the ancient fog walk among us.”

Casual - Wuldir: a World of Monsters and Men official RP is up.

[media]

[/media]
Worlds

Wuldir (Wool-Deer)

In a natural land of beasts and men, humankind is the hunted rather than the hunter. Dragons, minotaurs, even the great behemoth roam the wildlands, and could crush man like a mere nuisance, like an ant. So they have built high walls of stone to hide behind, ballista and catapult to defend by, but there is no chivalry, no hope for the future, no more than fear and lust in the red of man’s blood.

Altia (All-Shuh)

Spiritual, not physical, is the nature of this landscape. The flow of water may shift from left to right, then up again. Mirrors transport from one room to the next when the lights unite. Seasons change on the queen’s whim. Mysteries unanswerable by the people of Wuldir are commonplace here. The people of Altia are called Elven, the fae, and though they are in appearance no different from mankind, within their blood runs blue. They have easy hope because they know not death. Elvenkind sees the language of the universe that threads all living things with fate. They, too, know the way to speak and barter with the natural order. This speech is what men call magic.

Setting

Two women have crossed the ancient mist by the sacred ground. From the land of Altia to the world of Wuldir, the princess of Altia and her three handmaidens infiltrated Peregrine Castle, a fortress in the mountains that harpies besiege. They have not come to spy, nor to murder, but to seek refuge from the mother that oppresses all Altia in her rule of madness. Yet, in coming here, and should they fail to hide their magic, they may entirely unwind the world of Wuldir as it is known.

So it begins...

Hail, RPNation and company. This humble RP is of simplest simplicity, and for now I only seek interest. When it seems more than one person desires to embark on an adventure between worlds, I’ll gladly set up the thread and begin the tale-spinning.

An adventure of monster-slaying and world-changing events awaits! So come, show your interest if you have any.

, performed by Celtic Woman - Music Video
Pwyll Pen Annwfn (Mabinogen) - Short Story

Chains of Satinav - Video Game

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice, StoneWolf :)

Praytell, which character role suits your interest? Or did you want to propose a role of your own constructing?

Of course, I'm eager to hear either.

QuestingBeast said:
Nice, StoneWolf :)
Praytell, which character role suits your interest? Or did you want to propose a role of your own constructing?

Of course, I'm eager to hear either.
I'm thinking the princess or a blacksmith in Wuldir but I was wondering if said princess has to be young and portray the stereotype.

@StoneWolf18

For these characters, I'd love to hear your interpretations. Really, participation from the players, and their creativity is what makes an RP such engrossing fun. What would you prefer in the character of the princess, in her specific goal in coming to this new world?

Also, I should add that since there is no death in Altia (though there is birth), roles are cycled every hundred years. She must have some reason to have been named princess before the queen went senile. Perhaps she befriended the queen, or was a baby raised by the queen, or perhaps she accomplished some magical invention that made her worthy. Maybe something else entirely, so long as it seems reasonable or interesting.

Though if I were to suggest anything for the princess, it would be that she reasons in a way that's especially out of the ordinary. For instance, upon learning that the King of Peregrine is angry, she, in a panic, boards up the doors and windows and hides in the cellar, expecting a vicious tornado. The idea being that she's still coming to terms with how this new world works.

Still, take all the freedom you like! I'd love to hear what you come up with!

QuestingBeast said:
@StoneWolf18
For these characters, I'd love to hear your interpretations. Really, participation from the players, and their creativity is what makes an RP such engrossing fun. What would you prefer in the character of the princess, in her specific goal in coming to this new world?

Also, I should add that since there is no death in Altia (though there is birth), roles are cycled every hundred years. She must have some reason to have been named princess before the queen went senile. Perhaps she befriended the queen, or was a baby raised by the queen, or perhaps she accomplished some magical invention that made her worthy. Maybe something else entirely, so long as it seems reasonable or interesting.

Though if I were to suggest anything for the princess, it would be that she reasons in a way that's especially out of the ordinary. For instance, upon learning that the King of Peregrine is angry, she, in a panic, boards up the doors and windows and hides in the cellar, expecting a vicious tornado. The idea being that she's still coming to terms with how this new world works.

Still, take all the freedom you like! I'd love to hear what you come up with!
Heh...I got the perfect idea. ^^

I'll be looking forward to it. Should one more person join, we'll be well on our way to a full thread.

Any suggestions for a better title, by the way? I'm not satisfied with this one, but cannot think of another.

QuestingBeast said:
I'll be looking forward to it. Should one more person join, we'll be well on our way to a full thread.
Any suggestions for a better title, by the way? I'm not satisfied with this one, but cannot think of another.
Great! If we don't get anyone else...would you be interested in doing this as a 1x1?

Hmm...Those that now walk among us? Of Mer and Men? I'll try think of others.

Aye, indeed. There's a possibility. Also, we could start it out with just the two of us in a group rp, and keep trying to recruit folks as we lay a groundwork for story.

Let's see how things go this week. By Wednesday if there are no bites, 1x1 is a go.

Nope! If you have your own idea to propose about the role of a character, or think it better to genderbend a handmaiden, so long as it's interesting, I'm on board.

QuestingBeast said:
Nope! If you have your own idea to propose about the role of a character, or think it better to genderbend a handmaiden, so long as it's interesting, I'm on board.
While a genderbent, or crossdressing handmaiden, would be very entertaining....I would be curious if I could do a dragon...one selected centuries ago to be trained in magic and set as a guard over the gate between the two worlds. Keeping guard over a princess in a castle in the human realm for a few decades sounded entertaining, and seemed likely to have better perks so he switched over for a while. Plus, the humans sound interesting and it has been forever since he had an excuse to use his human form.

Well...

A dragon from Altia would be possible. The gate between the two worlds is simply a supernatural phenomenon, and when I post the thread, I'll give a bit more background as to the why and how, but in Altia itself, wonders and oddities are commonplace. A dragon that, say, turns water pink and sits in a hot tub all day would be entirely plausible. That this dragon could take human form could certainly be possible if there's a spell cast or an equipment (say, a collar) worn. Even it being that the dragons go through a human stage in order to learn the human language, and after a hundred or so years, they shed their skin and start to grow into a dragon again. Anything strange and contrary to reason, and a bit magical, would work for the world of Altia.

Though...

I'm hesitant to give a complete go-ahead. Plausibility might not be a good enough reason. It seems to me that a dragon would overshadow the mysticism of the Altian Princess. Unless its powers are somehow muted, or its draconian nature otherwise weakened in the transfer between worlds... I don't know.

Do you see a way of fixing its overshadowing (rendering redundant) of the Princess? I'm not sure I do.

QuestingBeast said:
Well...
A dragon from Altia would be possible. The gate between the two worlds is simply a supernatural phenomenon, and when I post the thread, I'll give a bit more background as to the why and how, but in Altia itself, wonders and oddities are commonplace. A dragon that, say, turns water pink and sits in a hot tub all day would be entirely plausible. That this dragon could take human form could certainly be possible if there's a spell cast or an equipment (say, a collar) worn. Even it being that the dragons go through a human stage in order to learn the human language, and after a hundred or so years, they shed their skin and start to grow into a dragon again. Anything strange and contrary to reason, and a bit magical, would work for the world of Altia.

Though...

I'm hesitant to give a complete go-ahead. Plausibility might not be a good enough reason. It seems to me that a dragon would overshadow the mysticism of the Altian Princess. Unless its powers are somehow muted, or its draconian nature otherwise weakened in the transfer between worlds... I don't know.

Do you see a way of fixing its overshadowing (rendering redundant) of the Princess? I'm not sure I do.
I would say a no go on the dragon. I've seen many roleplays that the GM allowed players to choose races as they please and it never ends well, ESPECIALLY with a dragon that can shift at will.

The only way I can see this working is if the dragon form and human form were merged, either a half breed or magic accident. Tail, scales scattered around their body, tallons, eyes, wings possibly if they were only useful for gliding because they could support their full weight, and a limited magical ability.

QuestingBeast said:
Well...

Though...

I was thinking more of a guard dog role almost than anything else, which the collar would work well with. Perhaps a collar that has to be removed by the princess that allows him a human form albiet a fair number of human limitations in order to satisfy the curiosity he has about the world, while also remaining loyal to his duty to protect.

The thread's up! Still working on the CSes. I anticipate being done by tomorrow.

Casual - Wuldir: a World of Monsters and Men

StoneWolf18 said:
I would say a no go on the dragon. I've seen many roleplays that the GM allowed players to choose races as they please and it never ends well, ESPECIALLY with a dragon that can shift at will.
The only way I can see this working is if the dragon form and human form were merged, either a half breed or magic accident. Tail, scales scattered around their body, tallons, eyes, wings possibly if they were only useful for gliding because they could support their full weight, and a limited magical ability.
I've made the same mistakes, and it cost me the RP. Even so, it comes down to whether the player has a vision for their character or no. I think the root of the problem is not fitting in with the other players and having nothing more to add than "my character is both mighty and unique," which admittedly are nice things, but may grow wearisome on the writer to repeat often.

However, I do think 90Clubs plans to offer more than that.

9OClubs said:
I was thinking more of a guard dog role almost than anything else, which the collar would work well with. Perhaps a collar that has to be removed by the princess that allows him a human form albiet a fair number of human limitations in order to satisfy the curiosity he has about the world, while also remaining loyal to his duty to protect.
I quite like this. A weakening of his power to limit him, and an immediate mission to motivate the character. It also makes it easier for the Princess to be survive in the cruel world Wuldir without using magic. Do include in your CS the backstory behind his collared position! I'm quite eager to hear the how and why of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back