• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

BasDorcha

Golden Age Dinosaur
Chapter One: The BeginningBasinmoor: Evening ~ Warm, dry, arid temp

1704036228391.png

Arabella stood on the bridge, looking at the water below. The fast-moving current caused dirt and grime to swirl in a dancing display. The evening was settling around with a quiet solace, and Ara was ready to head out tomorrow morning. For tonight, she would travel across the bridge, and spend the evening in one of the rooms for rent in Basinmoor. She’d be heading to sell some of her father’s newest designs to Lightfalls the next day, but she considered staying in Basinmoor for a few days to show their store there. Behind her, a motorized vehicle that ran on a tightly coiled crank spring sat holding in place, full of inventions in the back. When she was ready to set up, the sides opened for easy viewing, but it didn’t leave a lot of space to sit, so a chair was tied on top.

Crawling back into the seat, Ara slowly released the break on the spring, and as it began to uncoil, the vehicle rolled forward again. The bridge was long, covering the giant river that divided the land. She looked up at the sky as it darkened with her slow passage, and stars started flickering to life. Soon the smell of Basinmoor reached her nose, a stench of muddy water and dust assaulting her senses. Not a lot grew in here, so there was no fresh smell of grass or trees. It was craggy rocks, dirt, lean to buildings, a few structurally sound locations set up by those who permanently lived here – like the hotel matron.

Making sure the back was locked tightly and abundantly, Ara walked through town, looking at the people milling about. People of all kinds came through this town, it was the hub of the continent. It was long forgotten common knowledge that other land masses existed in the world, but when the war had been in full swing, they had cut off this part of the world, not wanting to participate in battles that did not concern them. The people of those places came across very rarely, and usually only to investigate trades and leave again.

Ara found an open-air tavern towards the center of town, the sitting room consisting of a roof supported by a few post, and only the bar and storage areas had walls. The tables and chairs were scattered around, and a few were taken by various groups. Adjusting a flintlock pistol on her hip, and straightening her skirts beneath her, Ara took a seat at the bar and ordered a glass of their best ale. The bartender smiled and nodded, recognizing the daughter of the famous inventor. She winked and put a finger to her lips, silently asking him to keep the secret, as no one else had realized who she was. When the drink arrived, she sipped it and watched the people moving about, thinking about her plan for the future.

Robert looked at the night sky with a cigar in his right hand and katana on his left. With his eyes closed, he embraced the cold night as the smell of the cigar filled his nostrils with a strong pungent smell. He deeply exhaled the smoke and placed the cigar on his lips for one last final puff. He looked at the city, vision obscured by the smoke and smiled deeply.

"I gotta stop smoking this shit." he said as she flicked the cigar from the rooftop.
"You sound like a broken record saying the same dumbass shit" a feminine voice replied from behind him.
He broke into a laugh as he turned around. He walked towards the woman and just patted her shoulder. " What kind of secretary talks shit to his boss?" he asked as he smiled at her.
"The kind that really doesn't give a shit what people say. And you pay me a lot to say said dumbass comment" she said as she passed him a data pad.
"Remind me to reduce your salary" Robert said cheekily as he browsed the contents of the data pad, smiling turning to a stoic face.
"Sure. In 100 years." she said as she walked to the edge of the balcony, taking in the views.

Robert browsed the data pad with a blank face. It was a list of targets of people who decided to step foot in the shores of Embermount and decided to start an underground shipping company with the sole interest of enriching the lives of the rich and making the poor poorer by raising taxes and trade of illegal goods which includes children as labor to the miners. He quickly swipes through the profiles of the targets before stopping at a single individual. "This man, a Simeon Parlor, he looks familiar. Isn't he a cousin of a rich businessman in Basinmoor town?" He said as he zoomed on his face, taking note of all his scars and augments.

"Yes sir. He is 3rd generation of the Parlor family and is wanted for the crimes of rape, slavery and children exploitation. Have you found your target sir?" she said as she calmly walked towards Robert.

"Assing the rest to the others and leave him to me. The augments that he has can prove troublesome for our troops but shouldn't be an issue for me." He said as she handed her the data-pad. "Call Ian to the office. He should be done with the assignment I gave him, right?"

"Yes sir. He should be resting at the manor as we speak. Should I call him for an afternoon tea?" she said as she took out his phone.

"Tell him to bring biscuits." he laughed as he motioned for her to follow her to the office from the balcony. "Update the rest of the crew. We strike tonight."

"Yes sir. I shall take my leave and make preparations." she said as she leaves the office.

Robert walked to his own liquor bar and poured himself a rare vintage whiskey. "It will be a blood bath tonight" he said as he sat down on his chair, took a sip, put his legs on the table and reclined, taking sips in between thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back