• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

One x One Fortuna info and extras

Leyara

that was a 6 year hiatus, woops
A thread for Stormblessed and myself
to help with consistency! Please do not post in here if you are not involved in this 1x1 story.

Last edited:
Heights of characters that matter:
Rilan/Blayne > Alfonse/Kaneto > Lucas/Sylvirra > Derek > Brittin > Devi

Team Blank
-seek out objective 999
-became a decoy for other teams to officially obtain it

Gold Sect
    Tall, normal build, tan, markings on both arms and his neck, horns from his forehead, long off-white and bushy hair. Two-toned peach and yellow colored eyes.

Team Sparrow
-To evacuate a small town from possible Olazis Soldier attacks
-Scout the area for 999​

fair height, chubby. Has stubble, short brown hair. Fidgets with a pocket watch often.
    More apt to complain? Acts on emotions if I remember correctly.
    Has a lot of sisters

Team Fox
help transport resources to the soldier camps on the border of Rune and Tresson.​

tall, short dirty-blonde hair.
    More anxious and sometimes can take things a bit literally. Useless with hair dressing. Loves his water canteen (was it?)
    Youngest sibling.

Other Characters

• Gold Sect
    female, older
    stern but not terrible

Last edited:
tu = you
o = I/me
elepe = enemy
'ad = attack
s'qo = disarm
ket ul = magic
seen = visible
eef/la = yes/no
peme = make
pyabi = move
faas = frost
lavur = lightning
gu'orb = wind
doakir = relax
sok = spin
zuhse'a = dismiss
oreh'sa = detect
lokpahs tah = evil
halg'sun = refuse
re aea = reality

ypys = yellow
loaona = precious person
o = I/me (same as spell)
tu = you (same as spell)
ut = not/no
sep'tani = stop/wait
sep'tano = moldy/bad potato
gupah = how
vas = did

ischwabach = to announce/state
graxkir = silence
karatoch = reason/cause of something
talok/talokta = person/people
vixatch = magic
vatch = other (person)
larkik = kill
ysk = and
ix = we/us
eine = of/with
vosq = black
hohk = hair
tih = this (thing)
az- = prefix to go before a noun to specify it's current presence (ie; Aztalok = this person, as in the person currently present)
-ka = suffix to a name, only used toward someone extremely brilliant *(Servants may only use this with Damon's name, but aren't required. It's like saying holy christ instead of just christ, or something)
arva = none (amount of something)
va = not/no
fuul = skin/flesh
durk = dark (as in lighting/shades)
hakt = to speak in a language (specifically, used to ask if one speaks in a language. but not used for the word speak on its own. idk why)

Last edited:
Places:
subject to changes
Drawn in MS Paint so that either of us could edit it if need be--or just doodle a new version
KukpJ3f.png

Rune CountryIlester = main city, where Dreick guilds are held
Tubbers Alley = near Gold Sect, kinda dodgy
North-western Dristrict of Drennau = shopping area near Gold Sect.

Cardon = Devi's first destination in the story, but it was ambushed by Servants so they never made it.

Geistan = evacuated town that they retreated to after Alfonse's injury. They group up with Derek's team here, who were assigned to the area.
*There are Olazis soldiers in this area

Purathe River = Initial destination after they were supposed to pass through Cardon. When plans failed, they went to Geistan instead. But later they take a fishing boat to another destination. They also meet cat.

Fort Nunya =
0cc11b69d99daad8f0f3dd018568d0a7.jpg

Olazis CountryEast from Rune and is the main threat, home to Servants of Damon.

Tresson CountrySouth from Rune and a minor threat. More of a thorn in Rune's side.

Last edited:
-lazily jots down notes from convos-

Like not everyone in the guild knows about the weapon's real purpose. Only people who would agree to it will know?

THen Vax discovers it and tries to protest, but they could kill him in a manner that makes him look like traitor. But the Hisashi Altas could favor him enough that they become skeptical, and it can be the start of a spiral for the guild. Maybe someone from another branch of the guild, someone that Al or Syl's people would be more familiar with, can also be killed. They don't have to have a heavy impact but because of Vax's death, people can start to connect dots. This all happening over time of course.

or the high Father/Mother (whatever we called the leaders lmao) of one of the sects could be killed and strike a reaction? I imagine they would be significant to Altas of ANY sect. And without them, someone else would have to rise in power, which can definitely make a change in things.
maybe the Servants have been kicked out and pushed out of enough areas that they're willing to ally themselves (however fragile that allyship might be) with another group for the promise of land. I like to think they're not really even on good terms with Olazis like you said, but both have something to gain from the partnership. IF they both keep their word, of course. Hell, that fragile thread be something a smart enemy could use against them as well. 

i didn't have a term for it yet, but it would have been caused by the improper use of magic/a magical-ish resource they mine or whatever. Sort of like pollution or something. Over time it's just tainted the world (or certain areas) and nature starts striking back. I like to think this might cause evolutionary mutations in humans too [and creatures/beasts]

Its a storm that is caused by idiots in a similar manner that littering can mess shit up too, but its nearly impossible to stop it, and some places are worse off than others.
But yeah I was specifying Sects because I imagine there are different authorities in each sect, otherwise things would get a little bit unorganized. Considering the Sections are divided over the city. Each sect could have it's own set of high priests and oracles that specialize in the same craft/under the same diety. So if Vax were to die, it would affect the Gold Sect members more (on a personal level) because he's a Hisashi high prist, so he's more known to them. But a high prist in like, Iron Sect would specialize in their craft, under their diety, and thus hang around them more often than other Sects. So the people in that Sect would grow more familiar with them.

We could have a father/mother for each sect too, or we can have just one that stays at their own location and has a finger on the entire guild. Whatever makes the most sense.

so far I was thinking of something really vivid and colorful like aurora borealis, but maybe shards of something. Similar to pieces of glass floating around, but super thin and somewhat clear, and flexible. It has a rainbowy glow to it in the way that a crystal glows when light hits it, but the light is from within the pieces themselves. So even if it's dark, if anything, you see it even clearer.

But I haven't figured out the science to it yet, if that's what I go with at all. Maybe the pieces are where the mistreated magic was broken/shredded and it just needs to come back together or something. Could float upward instead of going downward, like an upside down rain. Because the earth is ejecting it until it can be cleansed by the air or some random bullshit LOL

idk how that would affect the sky though.

Found a bit of information in an older post
cause I forgot it for a while and now I remember~
Derek's team (Sparrow) took him to one of the smaller towns to evacuate survivors after they recently suffered a raid from Olazis. And Blayne's team (Fox) were to help transport resources to the soldier camps on the border of Rune and Tresson.

Officially dubbing this a theme song >>
I still listen to it so much when writing our story

LAZY INFORMATION
boahahaha
SOON PLOT BITS
+ pretty stormy at the village
-and Kaneto gets back his arm?
+ holiday (bummer-ish version)
-and Alfonse heals a bit more? does Kaneto learn more about fighting/girls? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
+ keep looking for ward, then fail to get it due to another team getting it (but this WOULD be a Dreick team, yeah?)
+ going back to look for weapon

And I know like, these are a few plot points we wanted to add:

ADDED PLOT BITS FOR SOMEWHERE ALONG THE ROAD
+ someone altering Kaneto's scroll and Devi getting pissed/having to figure it out
+ power switch/power struggle in elite having to do with weapon?
-Vax's death somewhere in here?
+ altered-by-magic-neglect animals/maybe people?

HAHA wanted to see your input on them first, cause they can be edited and such if you feel things should be moved =D
I'll add them here in a bit~

More information I need to gather up into a summary when I am less lazy...

She was wearing the typical ceremonial Dreick gold and blue robes with crossed golden ribbon in the front, but she'd supplemented the usual women's skirt with tan breeches and a pair of soft leather boots. Threads of golden jewelry adorned her ears, contrasting brilliantly with her tawny skin. A mischievous grin spread across her face as she lifted a cylindrical glass container, tapping the soft gold on the filigree that covered the ends. "Anyway, I got it."
^ Apparently I had her ceremonial robes ALL WRONG when I drew them 8D
My brain said purple when it was actually blue. And I gave her a skirt I think.

Their robes were of a different design, one more elaborate than the robes that Devi and her friends wore. The colors were a black and gold, with a bit of white underneath. These were the guild's High Priests, a rank that was just below the leading ranks; Fathers or Mothers.
^ I guess Oracles weren't thought of yet? Maybe they're not seen as above or below High Priests, but a totally different type of authority.. idk what makes an oracle an oracle, to be honest. When I first mentioned oracles I legit had to look up the definition but now I have forgotten Haha

Finally, it was time for their anticipated feast. A celebratory evening for acolytes of every Sect who have achieved their next ranks. Of course, the attendees were not limited just to that specific rank, so everyone was welcome. The event was held toward the edge of the city, located in a large ball room in between the Gold and Iron Sects. The large room was converted into a dining room, with rows of long tables stretched across, covered in white cloths and lined with wooden chairs. Four impressive chandeliers hung at different areas of the ceiling, keeping the room exceptionally bright under their glow.
Trying to pin point the locations of the sects

In the next day, while Devi and Blayne had taken a trip to the market again to prepare for the upcoming trip, Derek was left behind to "babysit" Kaneto in the dorm room. The two of them sat on the bed the entire time while Derek explained as much as he could about... well, everything. Starting from where they currently were located. Ilester, the large city in the country of Rune, best known for it's strong religious following. Which also directed the conversation toward the Dreick guild and it's 3 Sections; Gold, Iron, and Copper. Magic, Melee, and Ranged abilities, granted by the 3 Dreick dieties...

"... Hisashi, Draegnar and Ublosch--Hey, you still with me?" Derek stopped himself to prod at the front of Kaneto's shoulder with his fingers. The familiar stared with his eyelids slightly uneven and a facial expression that Derek couldn't figure out if it meant confused, bored, or fell-asleep-with-eyes-open.

"Y-yeah. 3 dieties.." Kaneto rubbed his eyes with his fingers and then stared at Derek again, this time with a clear effort to stay alert.

"Right. Anyways.."

Countries were often disagreeing about one thing or another. Like too many siblings sharing the same bedroom; they were always in conflict of who gets the most space. Who's toys are better than the other, trade negotiations, et cetera. For this, Rune country was always at war with it's neighbors. Especially Olazis to the East, which had a rather large community of Servants--which Derek briefly explained to be a cult following a darker deity. Olazis remained the country's biggest threat, with Servant raids and honorless attempts to wear out Rune. Meanwhile the southern country of Tresson would also occasionally poke at them for one thing or another. As of currently, both countries were after Rune at the same time, grating at it's borders slowly.

"So, right now, Rune's leader is issuing--Gods damn it, Kane!" Upon noticing Kaneto's eyes glossing over again, Derek's face immediately twisted with impatience, and his palms both slapped down onto the mattress in between them. Kaneto jumped in his spot, eyes widening at the sudden burst of energy.

"What, these are a lot of names to keep track of!" Kaneto whined, flipping his palms up in front of him. "How am I to remember all of this?"

"Well... fine, don't. But at least listen to this!" Derek huffed and tossed one of the pillows at Kaneto; "Basically, you and Devi have to get this thing that everybody wants. You will be out in the middle of a war."
AHA
Olazis IS in the east
high five to memory working for a change!

I don't think it was ever specified in-story the locations of the guild Sects and Cardon. So I think it's safe to say we can make that up now if you want!

Haha nah, but they don't all have blue? I think some of them have purple? Duddeeee organization is key for me haha. I don't even remember XD

I think originally in my head, Oracles were above high mothers/fathers? Whoopsies haha. In my head, their purpose was to specifically determine which Sect an initiate went into. So like, they have say in THAT specifically. Maybe they make certain decisions on even what specific 'path' you choose even within the sect? So maybe I hadn't really considered it at the time. Also I can totally edit that bit to make it work right with our new headcanons/decision.

Great so guild sects work the way you had them on da map. XD I think I only had Gold to the west. XD

To me it makes sense if Cardon was also to the east, and in my head I do think they were supposedly heading towards Olazis. But damned if I remember properly. Lemme look again...
KK
so let's just say that it's also east. we never specified i don't think, but it only makes sense to me. XD So I think your map works totally?

ALSO CAN I JUST
appreciate Kaneto's habit of taking everything too literally, for a minute?

"Can you do.. anything?" Derek dared to question the familiar, a concern that had been on his mind since he began speaking. Typically familiars would have some magical affinity or something useful to protect their masters with. But since coming into existence, Kaneto never once showed any such abilities. Perhaps there wasn't any opportunity for it.

"I mean, I can do a lot of things. But what do you mean?" Kaneto tilted his head at the question.

His grin was so wide, one could imagine his cheeks might become sore soon from it. But the male couldn't contain his own excitement for the world, and for this newfound ability to communicate with his Maker. His hand moved away casually, but then he dipped down, pressing his arm to the back of Devi's knees suddenly. In the next moment, her feet were lifted from the floor and dangling; her back laying on Kaneto's other arm.

"Like this, I can look and stay at your side."

"Why do you stand weird like this?" Kaneto whined and dropped his arms. Derek pulled them back up and then spun Kaneto's shoulders to face the High Priests.
"It is a sign of respect. Those are High Priests, you should always stand like this to greet them." He answered.

"But I do not respect them?" Kaneto whined some more

"You just thought you'd attack anyone who came to her door?" Derek spat out angrily.

"I didn't mean... I'm sorry!" Realizing the weight of regret, Kaneto's voice shook with panic. His arms were released, so he immediately reached up for Blayne's face. The other male's eyes widened with surprise to the sudden hands on his cheeks, and Kaneto's face being far too close. Personal space was another subject he needed to learn.
"I can make it better, like Devi showed me.. The uh, antiwhatzit!"

"Think what you want. Deevi and I are going to go and find eat!" Kaneto grumbled and pulled Devi to his side; unaware that his accent was still distorting the girl's name. The snickers and chuckles of the other men grated in his long ears as Kaneto tried to walk away from them.

"Those are meat pies, you want one?"

"Yes," Kaneto answered simply, his attention barely divided from watching other people walk by with pies in their hands. He released Devi's hand to head towards the stand, but was stopped by Blayne catching the hood of his robes.
"Ack--why not?" Kaneto's body swirled around until he could face the other male. His eyes were wide and his mouth continued to hang open, yearning for whatever the heck meat pies tasted like.

"You can, but you can't just... take one. We have to pay for it first." Blayne explained and waved his hand to ask Devi for a coin. He lifted it in front of Kaneto and turned it in his fingers. "This coin is worth 10 plumes..."

Yoink

I feel like I should one day just make a bunch of sketches for these moments
Just laying out Kaneto's silliness from the beginning
if ever I have time around my job
//working in between skimming story and brainstorming QQ

YES ABSOLUTELY YOU SHOULD
-encourages anything and everything having to do with this RP-

OMG I really really wish I could edit my own comments into that first post you got there. XD

Alfonse also had long ass fabio hair as a child. It's canon now
RBF syndrome but is actually pretty polite and gentle towards others.
Useless with hair dressing. Loves his water canteen (was it?)
stern but not terrible

#dying

At some point i'm going to really come in an organize a post for myself haha

Yeah I wish I could give permissions for you to edit it or something
if you want, you can tell me what to edit in and I can do so
or yeah if you wanna make your own post that works too~ whatever is easier X'D
hahaha
I like jotting down anything I might forget, even if it isn't exactly useful. Just character-defining nonsense lmao

Everything
• F o r t u n a •
Okay so there's probably a lot of inconsistencies and a lot of things that are wrong, but I still say this is better than me just trying to remember everything. ALSO, I'll constantly be tweaking it to be more accurate and to include any ideas/additions you/we may have.

Table of Contents
+ General Setting
+ Other World Building
+ Characters
+ Languages
+ Dreick Religion
+ Servants and their Religion
+ Other Countries
+ And We Both Know What We Know
+ Future Plot Points
+ General Questions
+ Inspiration/Lovely Art
+ Music/Soundtrack

-- Usually at the bottom of a section, his symbol means that there are aspects in the section (specifics marked with an *) that I've sort of had in my head but that could probably use additional approval/thoughts

General Setting

Current country: Rune
Official language: Modern Eastern Dialect
Cities of Importance: Ilester, Cardon
Notable geography: Purathe River, Emerald Strand, Runic Ocean (?)
Bordering countries: Olazis (to the east], Tresson (to the south)

Geography/Topography

MADE BY SEO
SO BEAUTIFUL
KukpJ3f.png

WOO HOO I CONTRIBUTED
BUGaxCd.jpg

In my head, to the west there's a lot hills mixed with flat areas. Especially near the western coast, where Ilester is at, I imagine it gets rocker and less 'beautiful sand beaches' the further north you go.

To the south of Ilester, the land is more fertile and flat, allowing farms and smaller villages to flourish there.

Northeast, you have foresty-hilly areas. This is where we find the evacuated town and where the ambush happens.

Past the long Purathe river, you get STRAIGHT UP mountains. I want to say the mountain range (dunno what we want to call it) very nearly runs along the border of Olazis?

To the far West, across the Runic Ocean and a couple of smaller islands, you'll find Le'Anda, where Devi is from. Lots of lovely rolling hills there.

-- Lots of just what I already imagined or what we've discussed (like with your map). Could absolutely be different if we want it to, most of this isn't really canon till we say it is.

Cities

Ilester

Where the Temple of Hisashi is located.

General Demographics and Info

History: dragons didn't live here
Population: a lot
Geography: some planet
Transportation: things
Education/Higher Learning: who needs education when you got GODS
Economy: crystals are pretty 'spence
Attractions: what do fantasy people do for fun
Notable people: "Me, of course" - Al
Merchants and services: There's definitely a place to get canteens from
Agriculture:
Trade:
Law Enforcement:
Religion: PRAISE DELTA
Government: peeps running it are kinda bad

I filled in blanks, yw - Seo

Districts

Northern District:

Northwestern District: Merchants, consumers,
+ Textiles, spices, lots of food, etc.

Western District: Hisashi Temple and Guild
+ Red-roofed buildings and houses, next to the Emerald Strand.

Southwestern District: Fishing

Southern District: Guild?
+ Black market, news hub

Southeastern District:

Eastern District:

Northeastern District:

Flora and Fauna

Around Ilester, there are lots of seagulls and pelicans as birds, as well as "red finches." Normal aquatic life (though perhaps altered some due to magic pollution/runoff?) and I'm guessing there'd be lizards, too. Cats and what not running through the busy streets of the city, etc.

As far as plants, the Dreick guilds have access to all sorts of plants, oils and spices due to trade. But palm trees and other tropical plants might be seen here, as well as general mountainous flora.

Magically Altered Animals

Due to the magical corruption and waste, the excess has begun to affect the animals and plants.

Plague Wolf [written and drawn by Seo < 33]

EEI6mQr.png

A wolf body, sometimes missing patches of flesh in random spots (sometimes not).
It's face is more like a bird's skull, resembling a plague doctor's mask.
It's spine could have sharp pieces of bone sticking out?
It could also have sharp razor-like teeth in the beak.

These wolves are in a constant state of starvation no matter how much they eat. They do not take on weight (they poop or regurgitate a lot, probably) so they always look unhealthily thin. But they cannot help their instinct to hunt and eat as much as they can.

Frog [Thorned Toad, Trihorn Toad, Four-Eared Toad, Tail-Ended Toad] [Written and drawn by Seo < 33]

3LL26JK.png

Small, could fit the size of a female's palm
Covered in thorns that are poisonous. Lethal to certain animals, but to humans these can break out a small rash/hives, similar to an allergic reaction. Unless the human actually IS allergic, however, this inflammation can simply be washed away with clean water.

Due to having four ears, they are sensitive to sound, freeze up or sometimes panic at loud noises. Even their call is quiet, sounds close to this thing.

-- Probs just common sense, but the most different part about this section will be the potentially magic-altered animals, and I'm guessing we'll add that later.

Climate

To the west/southwest, balmier and sunnier. The three Ways still bring various weather, but other than frequent rainstorms and occasional hurricanes, nothing particularly special.

North/northeast, things get colder. Elevation rises further above sea level, and the difference between Ways is more drastic. Particularly to the north, it's pretty damn cold?

-- Kind of just making a lot of assumptions and going with my imagination on this so feel free to disagree.

General History

Things I like to imagine in Rune's history:

+ Uprisings
+ Ruins of ancient military fortresses (particularly near Ilester)
+ Old/ancient customs hanging around (Dreick wasn't always the main religion, I'm imagining)

But we don't really have anything yet. XD

Runic Government

I know we talked about a few different things here like:

+ Various councils, maybe three with government officials, religious leaders, and local nobility
+ Voting system where only elite participate
+ One general leader?

Something like that, haha. That part needs work, probs.

Economy

+ Currency is divided into plumes, pinions*, and avisin* (singular: avis)

These are all coins, and atm I don't remember what colors they all are/should be.

-- We already had plumes, but I just thought it'd be nice to have more than one division of currency and then of course I had to make it three. They're all sort of bird/feather related. And, in my head, I like to imagine it's because like, actual birds were once used as currency hahaha. XD

Industry/Technology

Big industries I imagine for Rune:

To the West/Southwest:
+ Fishing
+ Spice
+ Textiles

To the South/Southeast
+ Farming
+ Livestock

To the North/Northeast
+ Mining (mining power crystals)
+ More agriculture
+ Timber?

-- Again, this entire thing. Just stuff I've come up with recently.

Setting: Beginning/At the Hisashi Temple

8fa189ada7b977830d2dea48e19af27f-d4zpa5a.jpg

Beginning The story begins in the Hisashi Temple of Drennau in the city of Ilester.

Ilester is a large port town with four districts based off the four cardinal directions. The Hisashi Temple is located in the Western District. The stretch of shallow ocean nearby is named The Emerald Strand, visible to the west.

Hisashi Temple of Drennau

The Hisashi Temple of Drennau is a very large, towering building with gorgeous pillars, friezes, and many, many different purposes. Gold sect initiates come here to study various magics, including but not limited to: alchemy, summoning, healing. In addition, general religious scholars and those wishing to follow Sash's path (without pursuing magic) can also be present. Local and foreign Dreick nobles come here to visit and worship. Buildings and rooms include:

• the Chamber of Scrolls -- where Devi gets Kaneto's scroll
Scriptorium -- where non-summoning scrolls/information is kept, and where initiates scribe and copy scrolls
Dormitories -- located on various floors, use rope pulley lifts to get there
"The Lofts" -- abandoned tower, supposedly locked and off-limits, but Devi and Co. don't gaf about that and get through by tripping the lock system

Western/Northwestern District

Has many red-roofed buildings. Thinking a bit Mediterranean feel here. Fishy and salty-air smell, lots of people, lots of carts, lots of animals.

Heat Market -- a merchant's haven. Where a lot of traders set up, near the docks. Named for how sweltering hot it gets when it's busy.
Aqueducts -- fresh water for all. It's possible to hear these from the Lofts
Tubber's Alley -- favorite place for muggers, scammers, and the like
Matroina's -- (Northwestern District) where Devi gets various supplies for Vax
Food Market -- (Northwestern District) where Kaneto tries food and meat pies for the first time

Setting: On the Road

On the Road Team Rabbit/Blank set out on their journey by riding with a caravan (led by the corpulent Larzen lo Piu) towards Cardon, the first destination for their mission for Reacquisition of the Ordnance. Meant to play missionaries to hide their true intentions. The land is dusty, flat save for distant plateaus. Once they escape, the land turns into forested hills and rockier terrain.

Setting: Geistan Town/North

Geistan The northeast road takes the gang into rockier terrain with rougher paths and harsher climates. Vegetation is scarce in some areas, though it is denser where rivers and creeks flow from the mountains.

Geistan

d8f294fde3b18cd9b7dea35e9047e271.jpg

This [now named!] town has various shops, inns, and homes scattered about it. It's small, but not too small, having decent roads with paved streets and alleys.

Other World Building

Division of Time

OKAY SO I ADDED A LOTTTTT of stuff here because I kept playing with their strange divisions of time/days/seasons but never got around to fleshing it out entirely. So, here's my interpretation of it in my head. UP FOR DISCUSSION AND POTENTIAL DISPOSAL.

Modern Time Equivalents vs. Runic Time
• Days --> Days
• Year --> Year
• Seconds --> Beats (based off of heartbeats/pulse)
• Minutes --> Turns (1 turn = 10 minutes)
• Hours --> Intervals (during the day, about 2 hours)
• Weeks --> Passages (1 Passage = 12 days)
• Seasons --> Ways (3 Ways instead of 4 seasons)

Days and years generally remain the same, but other markings of time are different.

• Anything shorter than a turn is called a beat.

-- This entire section is something I've fleshed out and solidified as I wrote this out. Even at the beginning of the RP, the characters just started talking in my head as if normal hours and weeks and seasons weren't the same, but I'm certain I got half of it wrong as I tried to finish the system out. Feel free to make suggestions/changes to it, 'cause most of it's straight up just me being like 'OOH I BET IT'S LIKE THIS' and adding a bunch without discussion/planning.

Storms

Here I'll talk about the interesting storms we've got here.

Seo- "Storms make animals go
0ae3a5133cbd9abbb23d9026f17adefe-dahm292.gif

Characters

Main characters: Devi and her familiar, Kaneto
Fellow Dreick mages: Derek, Blayne (on Team Fox)
Fellow Team Blank members: Alfonse (Iron), Sylvirra (Copper)
Team Sparrow members: Rilan (Iron), Lucas (Iron), Brittin (Copper)
Hisashi Guild members: High Priest Vax, High Priestess Faleine, Oracle Smetha
Other random peeps: Daniel the Skeptical Priest, Larzen lo Piu, Matriona (mentioned), Rude Handsome Priest, Two Hawt Guard Priests, Laen, Nauseous Law Enforcement Guard, Commander Thare (mentioned), Priest Larpo (mentioned)

Major Characters

All right, so instead of going quite as descriptive as you did with your character bits, I mostly did fun stuff where I picked a favorite quote of theirs, gave very general info on appearance, and did my own explanation of how I personally perceive them.

• Devi

[Magic] is so much more: it's compromise, a game of counterbalance, finding paths of least resistance, guessing at what things want. Because everything -- hell, everyone -- wants something.
    Devi

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-internet-me.png

Guild Sect: Gold
    Hair color: Black
    Eye color: Brown
    Build: Normal, small-ish
    Height: 'smol froe'
    Interesting tidbits: Devi has various gold earrings and a golden necklace.

Storm's Description of Devi

Storm's first impression: smol and cute, but will fight you
    Dislikes: rules, early mornings, overcooked meat

Minor Characters

• Rilan

My mother always told me the best way to conquer your fear is to face it.
    Rilan

ilEyCIw.png

Guild Sect: Iron (spear)
    Hair color: Black
    Eye color: Copper
    Build: Dwayne 'the Rock' Johnson mixed with a Redwood
    Height: ALSO TALL AF
    Interesting tidbits: RBF but somehow still adorable

Storm's Description of Rilan

Storm's first impression: Can we keep him too?
    Dislikes: heights, confrontation, public speaking?

Languages

-- Yo, there's a lot of random stuff in here, too, so feel free to ignore/discard any of it you want.

Modern Eastern Dialect

Common phrases and swears:
Related to our characters, at least. Would probably vary elsewhere. Dreick Altas probs tend to swear by their favored deity, which is why Devi, Derek, and Blayne swear by Sash a lot.

Holy Delta!
Merciful Hisashi!
Sash's light!
Divine Sash!
What in all of Sash's dominion?
etc.

Ancient Samotrian

Phrases

Sep'tano: moldy potato
Sep'tani: stop (?)
Letap'ni pi: Remain near me
Elipso ul: Touch not (that)

Spells (seo)

tu = you
o = I/me
elepe = enemy
'ad = attack
s'qo = disarm
ket ul = magic
seen = visible
eef/la = yes/no
peme = make
pyabi = move
faas = frost
lavur = lightning
gu'orb = wind
doakir = relax
sok = spin
zuhse'a = dismiss
oreh'sa = detect
lokpahs tah = evil
halg'sun = refuse
re aea = reality

Spoken (seo)

ypys = yellow
loaona = precious person
o = I/me (same as spell)
tu = you (same as spell)
ut = not/no
sep'tani = stop/wait
sep'tano = moldy/bad potato
gupah = how
vas = did

Servant Language

So I had a lot of fun with this one, but I'm bad at language.* I used your examples to do my Servant talk, but I'll go into the grammar a little bit more:

Rules I Gave Myself
(I might have forgotten some after not writing it down ages ago, and you don't have to follow them. Legit just made all this shit up as I went so it made sense in my li'l heid. But I don't create languages well.)

• Adjectives go after nouns.
• Verb endings are a thing.
- 'ertazich' is in the present perfect, with the 'er' serving as 'have' (indicating the tense) and the ending 'ich' indicating the past 'ed'.
• 'Ix' is the word language learners would have issues with:
- So like, you have 'ix' as 'we,' but I accidentally made it more complicated. X.x When they use 'you' as a command, or are asking about a potentially neutral plural 'you,' they also use 'ix.' Masculine plural 'you' is 'ixin. 'Also' ix' is used when 'you' is a direct object.
• Articles have to match singular/plurals
- 'Ul' is the masculine and plural form of 'the'
• Plurals generally end in 'i'

Phrases
Dutrach ix Praktori Azix val du larkik lan: Bow to the Resurrected Dragons, and we might kill you quickly.

Ul Praktori maesch exor shix: The true Dragons disappeared ages ago.

Axinatiz ixin marvrati ertazich: Something you assholes have forgotten.

Mazi tarkok ix?: Who is it you serve?

Calthprax marok, ysk arck calth doz.: Only myself, and those who serve me.

Al rach tavin larki ix, in ilwank dammi practi: But are you really going to kill me, or just stare like idiots?

General Words (Storm)
maesch = true
exor = disappeared
shix = long ago
axinatiz = something
ixin = y'all (dudes)
marvrati = assholes
ertazich = have forgotten
mazi = plural/neutral who (question form)
maz = singular who (statement form)
tarkok = serve
calthprax = myself
calth = me
marok = only
in = or
arck = those
doz = double meaning: help or serve
al = but
rach tavin = going to/about to (future perfect additive phrase, not used for movement/motion)
larki = future perfect verb ending of 'larkik'
ilwank = just/simply
dammi = stare, plural
practi = idiots

General Words (hallowseo)

ischwabach = to announce/state
graxkir = silence
karatoch = reason/cause of something
talok/talokta = person/people
vixatch = magic
vatch = other (person)
larkik = kill
ysk = and
ix = we/us
eine = of/with
vosq = black
hohk = hair
tih = this (thing)
az- = prefix to go before a noun to specify it's current presence (ie; Aztalok = this person, as in the person currently present)
-ka = suffix to a name, only used toward someone extremely brilliant *(Servants may only use this with Damon's name, but aren't required. It's like saying holy christ instead of just christ, or something)
arva = none (amount of something)
va = not/no
fuul = skin/flesh
durk = dark (as in lighting/shades)
hakt = to speak in a language (specifically, used to ask if one speaks in a language. but not used for the word speak on its own. idk why)

Le'Andan

This is Devi's first language, but she avoids speaking it. You won't hear it unless she's talking to Matriona or muttering shit in her sleep. The only word that really comes up a lot is her nickname for Kaneto, karai, which means 'heart,' but in the definition of something that is at the core or center. She decides it's a clever nickname after he becomes her main meditation focus.

I haven't included a lot in the RP, because like I said, she doesn't use it a lot, but I've written the words that I did have:

Liyashna karai, sian ille mai,
Siaen ima, kiu ima, gien eikatai
Emmek karai

It's a lullaby, which is why it rhymes.

General Words (Storm)

liyashna = go to sleep (command phrase)
karai = heart/center
sian = close
ille = your (plural, matching plural noun)
mai = eyes
siaen = dream
ima = of me
kiu = think
gien = rest
eikatai = peacefully
emmek = dearest

Dreick Religion

Drei

The Dreick religion is a polytheistic religion based upon three gods: Hisashi, Ublosch, and Draengar. There are two denominations of Dreick religion: one where Damon is considered a god of evil, and another where he is only considered a historical figure of mild importance.

Hisashi, god of spirit
- Deity of Gold Sect/Path
Ublosch, god of dexterity
- Deity of Copper Sect/Path
Draengar, god of might
- Deity of Iron Sect/Path

Dreick Lore

-- New stuff here, 'check' it out huhuehue SB - 3/20

Drei Lore In the beginning, when the world was shrouded in darkness and demons, three heroes emerged. There was Hisashi, Draengar, and Ublosch. Hisashi, a mage of healing light, guided the way while Draengar, wielding a great shield, protected the three. Ublosch, with their long reach, struck down the demons. With their combined efforts, they defeated Damon and his demons of death and destruction.

Today, warriors follow their Paths and combine their efforts like the Delta gods of the past did, calling upon their light, shield, or strength to guide their way.

Symbols

Most symbols center around triangles, due to the general divisions of three. The major symbol is an equilateral triangle.

Drei Ranking/Government

ALSO BY LOVELY SEO
tVk1ZQw.png

Divisions
Oracles | Father/Mother(s)
High Priest/Priestess
Priest/Priestess
Alta
Acolyte/Initiate

Orders*
There are six levels to indicate the precise status of each division. The traditional way to move through each Sect's Path is to go through each level, but this isn't entirely necessary.

-- I had included Orders at the beginning, but didn't reference them since. So this is my explanation for them.

Beliefs and Practices

Belief in an afterlife and a hell/purgatory/damnation
Belief in following a specific path, due to divine intervention

Rituals and Practices:
Summoning Ritual -- where Devi summons Kaneto
Observance -- daily ritual occurring early in the morning
Eventide Orisons -- singing and offerings occurring in the evening

Patrols occur late at night, to enforce curfew and deter thieves and urchins.

Feast Days and Holidays

• The Dreick religion has a feast day for Designations, which is basically the official rank elevation ritual and where Altas are given their first assignments.
• Holiday specifically for unification of deities into a group of three. Possible gift/flower crown exchange, resolutions, etc.
• Delta a' ver Coup: Celebration of the Delta's legendary victory against the Demons and the peace that soon followed. Takes place between the second and third Ways (seasons). With winter on their door steps, a tradition could be to use up the last of the summer resources (flowers made into accessories, certain crops for feasts, maybe something with water too? ect) before they start to freeze up in the colder season.

Clothing
Traditional Ritual Clothing
XZC67nC.png
Initiate Women: Blue and gold robes and skirt (Devi wears pants) with crossed golden ribbon
Alta Men: Purple and gold robes
High Priests: Black and gold robes
Oracles: Black and gold robes, long neck scarf trailing nearly to the ground
Guards: Purple and gold robes with black crests upon their sleeves

Miscellaneous

• communicators_by_bannilynn-db3usvf.png
    (subject to be tweaked or changed in visual design, as well as how exactly it operates)
    Translation to my weird hand writing: Crystals are both power sources and compass needles. The sphere's (I wrote spere cause I'm a moron) crystal can point in any direction including up and down, which might cause it to be more wonky and inaccurate.
    Disc version moves only flat, like an actual compass. (More smooth and accurate/updated model that had it's quirks fixed mostly)

Audio [functions] = magic cause fuck if I can think of any other method.

They illuminate in colors to send signals/announcements [without being noisy and causing problems].
    Green = mission/ordinance has been found, is in the hands of Altas, and/or has been delivered to the city.
    Red = enemies have intervened/obtained the ordinance/preventing the mission's success.
    Blue = standard?
    Clear = there isn't anything going on idk?

In addition to this, light might also flicker as audio is in affect. Perhaps it could brighten and dim with the tone of voice or something? It may have additional features, like serving as a connection between an Oracle and an Alta in the manner that Devi was given "visions" through the orb.

Crystals of this miniature size could be weaker than those that would power, say, an airship. So in certain circumstances, like magic storms or lack of sunlight maybe? Could cause the connection through the communicators to weaken.

Servants and their ReligionServant Religion
-- new stuff here as well! SB - 3/28

Core Beliefs Servants form a cult that follows Damon, the fabled Dragon king (?) that fought against the Delta. They believe that through their violent rituals and fights they might one day resurrect themselves as the new Dragons, who were an ancient race extinguished long, long ago. They see Damon as a potential savior for their people.

Additionally, due to the ancient, holy feud between Damon and the Delta, Servants concentrate their holy war against those following the Dreick religion -- particularly Dreick Altas, who follow paths of the Delta.

Currently, Servants are working with Olazis soldiers in order to gain land/get an advantage over their Dreick enemies.

Motivation

Servants, in addition to being outcast nomads, have other motivations behind seizing power and fighting the Dreicks. The magic storms that have begun to spread across the entire world have grown stronger, and they seek shelter from them. Unfortunately, without the proper technology necessary to protect from the aftereffects of the storms, many Servants are exposed to the altering magic and experience a variety of symptoms. These vary from physical alterations and disfigurations (partially why they wear masks) and added magic abilities, but it's also rumored these storms can negatively affect their minds and emotions.

Other CountriesOlazis

Le'Anda

Tresson

Pushed to the Edge
Pushed to the edge of the map (literally), Tresson and its people have been slowly been conquered by Runic forces for ages. Their borders are shrinking. Now, using Olazis' force, Tresson is attacking Rune in the hopes that a weakened enemy will be a more easily defeated one.

[we'll fill these in as we need]

And We Both Know What We Know
-- New section, more stuff. Also title is part of a Hamilton song lmao. SB - 3/20

Kaneto's Appearance
Kaneto's strange appearance isn't so strange when you consider he just looks like one of the ancient Dragons from the past. The reasoning behind this possibly has to do with a few potential things: Devi's upbringing, where Dragons aren't demonized, the old ass scroll she uses to summon Kaneto with, and her unique (once not-so-rare) summoning abilities.

Summoner/Familiar pairs such as theirs, while not exactly common, were not always rare until the extinction of the Dragons.

Ancient Weapon
Dubbed Fortuna (YEAH!!!) because of the hope it gives the Dreick guilds, this ancient weapon, developed at the time of the true Dragons, is essentially a bomb. The association with fires and Dragons come from these being one of their main weapons against enemies.

Appearance: NEED STUFF HERE

Actual History with Dragons and Humans
Before the extinction of the Dragons, magic thrived and was much more prevalent in society. However, after the misuse/abuse of magic (partially caused by the Dragons) creates a widespread plague, humans begin to blame the Dragons. Thus begins a terrible war, in which the Delta appear as fabled heroes and the Dragons fall into oblivion.

Magic weakens, and the real story fades into religious lore.

Future Plot Points

Potential Plot Points Discussed

+ holiday (bummer version)
+ another team finding the ward (#fail)
+ searching for weapon
+ someone stealing Kaneto and scroll, manipulating him, pissed!Devi having to find him
+ power switch and struggle within Dreick guild
+ Vax's death
+ encountering/using/fighting magical animals AND/OR people
+ running into a Servant deserter

General Questions

General Questions

+ Are celestial bodies the same as our modern earth? Like what about the moon? HAVE WE MENTIONED THE MOON? I know we've mentioned stars, but cannot remember this.

+ What does the weapon LOOK like and how exactly does it operate? We mentioned it being explosive, giving the dragons their "fire" rep, but we must delve further into these details sometime. -- DISCUSS BELOW -- SB - 3/28

Storm - 3/28 Agreed, yo.

ON THE WEAPON

OKAY so I'm thinking the fire bit is pretty magical. Like it can blow some shit up, and not just the exact area around it. I imagine it has some crazy reach, but that's all up to us to decide.

I'm guessing it might even have an 'extinct' form of crystal or substance inside, that requires a certain chemical reaction to function and work. I dunno, just sounds cool. Maybe it requires enough people performing magic on it, maybe it requires nothing but muttering the right words in the Dragon language to set a magic spring that sets off a sequence that then makes it be able to work, I dunno man. Maybe it requires you put in the coordinates of wherever you'd like to blow up haha

I like the think the Dragons were crazy mofos who liked doing whatever the fuck they wanted, even if it wasn't usually violent haha.

Hell, maybe these weapons weren't traditionally used by Dragons themselves, but commissioned by humans for their wars.

ANYWAY design-wise, here are some general things I like:

fb8c296dddca37b7d98493f1ae4209e2.jpg

obviously not the cannon part, but I like the general shape and design of this sort of thing.

I'll probs add more later, if I happen to find anything

Inspiration/Lovely Art

Here we can find the lovely art you have made for our RP!

Music/Soundtrack
Ultimate Playlist
Writing tracks, inspiring tracks, or absolutely anything that makes you think of our RP! Send me your favorite stuff so I can add it! Reminder that my music tastes are eclectic af.

-- New stuff here, yo! Starting from the Sweeney Todd. SB - 3/20

[Link/Title, Artist, Album]

Two Hearts - Thomas Bergersen, Sun
Human Qualities - Explosions in the Sky, Take Care, Take Care, Take Care
Then the Quiet Explosion - Hammock, Oblivion Hymns
Dawn - Nightcore, Cocaine
Constellations - Nil Ciuró, Futuralgia
If Elephants Could Fly - Marcus Warner, Liberation
Warriors - Imagine Dragons, Smoke + Mirrors
Illumination - Brand X Music, Amalgamate
Adagio for Strings - Samuel Barber, (on various albums?)
Not While I'm Around - Stephen Sondheim (performed by Josh Groban), Sweeney Todd
Rise - Katy Perry, Single
Vox Populi - Thirty Seconds to Mars, This is War
Awaken - Damien Escobar, Single
Safe - Us the Duo, Just Love

Last edited:
lQi7Kdz.png

GAAAAAAASSSP
I CAN edit
I have POWER OF BEING THREAD OP
Sweet, so this is the most organized thing I've ever seen, I'm jealous. If there's anything we need to add in the future, we both have the option to use the post for it =D How convenient

OMG YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
GREAT FEEL FREE TO EDIT THEN!
BC I cannot lmao (well I can that one, not your posts)

Lmao it's the least I can do, to try and organize stuff
And eventually I'll get to the composition
EVENTUALLY!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back