• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ~ Forever Young: A Youth Club RP | IC ~ (Open)

R
Created at
Index progress
Complete

The rules concerning posting and the posting order for IC posting.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

animeloulou

One Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
It's the 1990s - the era of boy bands, radical hairstyles, giant mobile phones, Walkmans and so much more~!

For teenagers living in the British city of Newcastle, there really wasn't much to do when school was over for the day, or at weekends.

That all changed, however, when Byker Grove Youth Club opened. The tower building and surrounding grounds became their playground where they could do whatever they wanted, watched over by the staff, headed by Geoff the Youth Leader, complete with his trademark moustache.

There was so much to do! Learning new skills, playing sports, hanging out with your friends and so much more. Plus, with so many teens messing around at the Grove, friendships were formed, life lessons were learned and romances were found and lost.

Welcome to Byker Grove Youth Club. Hope you enjoy your stay!

Last edited:
Rules
Rules
(may be updated)
  • If you (the RPer) decide to leave the RP at any point, please PM me (the GM) privately or post in the OOC chat - I understand that life is crazy these days.​
  • Please post IC at least once a week within the Posting Order, taking care not to dominate the RP at the expense of other RPers.​
  • Should the RPer leave the RP (voluntarily or otherwise), their characters are subject to becoming NPCs.​
  • A week without IC or OOC activity and I (the GM) will attempt to contact the player and possibly issue a warning.​
  • A longer period without IC activity will get the player's character controlled by me (the GM) temporarily. This is irrespective of the player being in the OOC, or having legitimate reasons to be absent.​
  • If a player goes for an excessive period without IC activity, they can be kicked out of the RP, and their character will be incorporated into the RP as an NPC, permanently GM-controlled. Even if the player at some point is given a chance to come back, there is no guarantee they will be able to use the same character they did before.​

Last edited:
Posting Order
Posting Order
(will be updated with demand)

Please post at least once a week within the posting order, taking care not to dominate the RP at the expense of others. Please tag all other RPers in the posting order at the end of each IC RP post. See the rules for penalties regarding not posting in a reasonable time without explanation.​
  1. animeloulou animeloulou
  2. Maddie15 Maddie15
  3. Oumscar Oumscar
  4. Terrier B Terrier B
  5. capmarvql capmarvql
  6. Lizy Lizy

Last edited:
Geoff Keegan had barely gotten out of his van when a figure appeared in his view. Sighing, he grabbed the stationery from the passenger seat before heading into the Youth Club, gesturing for the boy to follow. "What is it, Kevin?"

Kevin, one of the youngest members of the Youth Club, was straight out with his question, one which Geoff had been expecting.

"Can we use the attic? You know, for the party? We were thinking of do--"

"Kevin, the attic and the cellar are off-limits, you know that. Brownie points for trying though."

With a shrug, Kevin was called away to a corner of the activities room, where a number of the younger members where huddled around something and chatting animatedly.

As Geoff made his way into the Youth Leader's Office and sank into the chair, he placed the stack of unused stationery onto the desk with a smile. There had been a surge in members joining recently, so some of the older teens had suggested holding a party to welcome them to the Grove. What he hadn't realised was that giving the teens control to plan the party would turn the Grove into even more of a hive of activity than it normally was. They still had to pass their ideas through him for them to actually happen though, so hopefully it wouldn't be total chaos.

Maddie15 Maddie15 Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

"We'll do it in the cellar!"

A bunch of confused gazes were laid upon him at his statement. Fiddling with the blades of grass situated around where he sat, Luke Wilson simply grinned. Glancing up at the circle of friends sat with him in the field that surrounded the Byker Grove Youth Club building, he leaned in, his voice just louder than a whisper.

"We'll organise a party that Geoff will agree with, all above board. Then, before it happens, we'll have the real party. We'll sneak into the Grove during the evening before Geoff leaves, we'll get the key to the cellar, and then we can have our own private party all night long!"

"Are you mad? We'll never pull it off! Geoff always has a sixth sense when it comes to these things."

Luke let a sly smile pass his lips, directing his next words at Kate, the slightly younger girl sat beside him.

"Well, we'll just have to be extra careful."

Speaking to the circle once again, he rested his chin on his hand, pondering the important issues.

"Anyone got any ideas on how to get Operation Acid House Party to actually work? It's a trial name, by the way. Actual acid house parties are kind of... full-on."

Maddie15 Maddie15 Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

Last edited:
Iris could've said no, but when her cousin literally begged her to tag along her group she fight back. Now the blonde girl is surrounded by a group she knows nothing about. They rarely interacted anyway. She doesn't think she muttered a single word since the beginning, but she doesn't really mind.

From what she understood they are planning a party for the new members. What surprised her was when Luke just popped up from nowhere and suggested the cellar as the location. All teens were as surprised as her.

The cellar and the attic were off limits so that wouldn't be fine for them if they are caught. She should've spoke when he first suggested the idea, but for now she would keep quiet. If things are getting out of hand she will try to step up. In addition, she doesn't know them that well and they probably would ignore her.
She was deep in her thoughts and didn't resounded until jer cousin was shaking her in a quite hard manner.

'What?.... No, I'm fine, I was thinking about a paperwork a i need to finish.'she quickly responded trying to evade the talk. She hopped she didn't attract any unwanted attention.

They are still talking about how to make the party actually work. Maybe she shouldn't worry that much. As long as nothing too bad happens, it can't be that bad..... Right?
Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin animeloulou animeloulou

Last edited:
"Uppercut!"

The blow landed and snapped his head back, eyes glazed over as he slowly fell forward. His opponent stepped to the side as his body hit the mat with a dull thud. The ref walked over to him and paused bef-

"Hey Ryan, what are you reading?"

Ryan felt like he had just jumped straight out of his skin as he quickly turned around and hid the manga behind his back. He was sure that he had picked a good enough hiding spot so that no one could sneak up on him, but apparently it wasn't good enough.

"N-nothing, i wasn't reading anything."

Grabbing his bag he rushed past the teen with a mumbled apology as he stuffed the manga into his bag, beneath his boxing gloves and towel, and broke out in a jog. He didn't have a specific destination in mind, he just wanted to get away. After a while he was looking around for a new spot when he saw Luke talking to a couple of people he recognized.

"What's going on over there?"

Walking over Ryan was just able to catch the tail end of what they were talking about, trying to organize a party in the cellar. Yeah, this was just the excuse he needed. He was just reading over the campus rules to make sure everything would go off without a hitch, that's it.

"Hey Luke, heard about the plan and I want to help. Maybe we can distract Geoff with some sort of event, something like a dinner with our parents."

Ryan wasn't really a fan of tricking Geoff, he was a really good guy, but a little party shouldn't be too bad, right?

Maddie15 Maddie15 , animeloulou animeloulou

Clara had been listening to everyone, trying to figure out how to organize a party without Geoff finding out. Initially she had found the whole idea ludicrous. Of course he would find out, the man is here all the time. And he knows the kids who come here, so he would know if something was up.
When Ryan joined the circle, Clara raised an eyebrow at Ryan's suggestion, slowly nodding.

"That's not a bad idea, Brick" she said, before anyone else could respond. A small, mischievous smile had started to spread on her lips.

"Geoff gets a wee bit stressed around big events, yeah? Our parents coming for a 'welcome dinner' could be the perfect distraction."

Clara looked around the circle of kids. Most of them had looks of disbelief on their faces, as if this could never work. It was a long shot, to say the least. Geoff was usually observant - an eagle. But if he had to prepare to greet everyone's families, he might just drop the ball a little. Not so much that it would have any real consequences, that was why this plan was so perfect.

No one would get hurt.

animeloulou animeloulou Maddie15 Maddie15 Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin

Last edited:
The Youth Leader's office was a room that didn't scream 'office'. Sure, all the staples of an office were there, filing cabinets included, but the colourful murals that decorated the walls made it feel less clinical in a way. However, paperwork still needed to be completed and there was quite a lot of it needed to keep everything running smoothly. He was grateful for the knock at his door, however.

"Come in?"

Geoff glanced up from behind his desk to see Alison, one of the members of staff working at the Grove.

"Hi Geoff. You remember what we were talking about before? Well, I think I have an idea."

Geoff listened intently, his smile widening. "That's great - it'll give them something to work at as a team. We'll set it up once the party is over with."

The teens were going to love it, he could feel it in his bones. Alison was about to say more, but the shrill ringing of the office telephone cut their conversation short.

"Byker Grove Youth Club, Geoff speaking?"

Maddie15 Maddie15 Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin macchiato_line macchiato_line

"That's perfect!"

Luke was getting more and more excited about his plan with every passing minute. At least he would be getting some help, there was no way he could pull it off on his own.

"We can say it's to help the parents to get to know each other - that their kids will be perfectly alright hanging out to the Grove!" Glancing around the circle, his gaze met with a girl who quite frankly looked like she wanted nothing to do with the situation.

"Look, Iris is it? Don't look so worried! Just think, we'll be doing Geoff a favour by getting the parents together. If we get to have a party because of it, then so be it!"

Maddie15 Maddie15 Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin macchiato_line macchiato_line

She lost herself in thoughts as usual. Everyone got so fired up by that plan and she could only think how bad things can go. She should enjoy the party with the rest, but she just can't bring herself to do that.
She didn't realised she was probably looking at someone in her trance state until her name was called. Now focusing her eyes on the boy she realised it wasn't someone she usually talks to. He must noticed her expression of distress.
'He knows my name? That's quite nice...' she firstly thought before taking into consideration the offer.
'Well I guess it can't hurt to try. But if the parents are together it can be a good thing and also a bad thing if something goes wrong' she quietly stated in the beginning but then continued with a confident voice and a warm and bright smile' But such a feeling of adrenaline is actually fun, so I'm in! '
A get together with the parents..... That shouldn't go too wrong, right? She just hope that there wouldn't be any problems because of that. She doesn't even think the others know who her parents are. But she surely doesn't want them to know for now.
Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin macchiato_line macchiato_line animeloulou animeloulou

Good, looks like Ryan's idea about having all of their parents over for dinner was actually being considered. To be honest he just ripped the idea off one of a manga he read in the past, but no one here needed to know that.

"Sweet, all we need to do now is to get everything set up. We can pitch the idea to our parents and then blindside Geoff with it. He'll be in so much of a rush we can all meet up and have the party."

Getting his parents to agree to the dinner might be a bit difficult, his dad was never really a fan of eating with strangers, but if he could convince his mom then he would pretty much be forced to come. Putting on a big grin he clapped his hand on Clara's shoulder and let out a laugh

"Nice thinking Clara, Geoff may be good but if he has to deal with all of our parents at once not even he can keep track of us."

Now all they needed to do was pick someone to bring the idea up to Geoff. They should probably word it a certain way, but to be honest Ryan didn't know how he would even begin.

"So, who's going to bring it up with Geoff? Gotta be careful who we send in or else they can accidentally blow this whole thing before it even starts."

animeloulou animeloulou macchiato_line macchiato_line Maddie15 Maddie15

Clara nodded along with the others. This plan was good. She looked around the group once more, her eyes landing on Iris.

"You're new, right? I haven't seen you around," She asked. If the new girl could convince Geoff that her parents would like to get to know everyone, then they would be golden.

"Why don't you go to Geoff? Tell him that your parents want to come here."

Clara smiled encouragingly at Iris, who looked unsure, or insecure, or just plain scared. She reminded Clara of herself a few years ago, before she started coming here and found real friends who helped her become more confident, and happy. She hoped that Byker Grove could help Iris in the same way, too.

animeloulou animeloulou Maddie15 Maddie15 Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin Macaberz Macaberz

Last edited:
Noah Cooper
Noah was unsure which he hated more, Graham's car or the place they were driving to. On second thought, he decided he didn't hate the car so much, but rather lamented the prospect of being seen in it. Not just because his mum was going to have to park the 550 Maranello (an excruciating exercise in patience), but because of the impression it would give. The impression that he was a rich, spoiled, kid that went to a posh school and could shit gold. Well, he did go to a posh school, at least he thought it was posh, though they probably wouldn't tolerate him for much longer. That was another drive and talk to look forward to once he'd survived this ordeal. If, he survived it...

"We're almost there, darling," his mother cooed. She'd tried to be encouraging. Told him there'd be plenty of other kids, girls too. That just made it worse. Noah let out something between a grunt and a sigh as he watched the world zip by through the window. "Oh, don't be so dramatic, it's not going to kill you."

He wasn't so sure about that.

Mercifully there was plenty of parking space surrounding the grove, and some vegetation between it and the distant specks of children playing outside. He practically jumped out of the car the moment it came to a squeaking halt, muttered a goodbye over his shoulder and put as much distance between himself and his mother as possible. She isn't with me, we're not family, we're not related, I don't know her... Had anyone seen them? Gods, he hoped not. He scanned his surroundings, made a mental note of several escape routes and fished a neatly filled-out application form from his pocket. He had half a mind to toss it in the nearest garbage bin and spend the rest of the day loitering around the place, but his mum would find out eventually, she always did.

Sucking in a deep breath he followed the signs to the main entrance and stepped inside. He immediately regretted he hadn't brought any of his pocket money to throw into the jawbreaker vending machine or get himself a drink at the shop area. His throat felt dry, though he wasn't sure why. Besides, it would've given him something to do other than stand around awkwardly. At last his eyes found a door, slightly ajar, at the end of the room. It looked like an office, and there was someone inside, talking on the phone.

He walked over to the door, waited for the call to end, then knocked politely. "Sorry to disturb," he said. "Are you Geoff? I've got to hand you this." He handed over the application form his mother had filled in that morning. He paused for a moment, chewed on his lip, then said, "what time does the club close, exactly?"

--

animeloulou animeloulou Maddie15 Maddie15 Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin macchiato_line macchiato_line

Last edited:
Geoff was nearly finished with the call when he heard the soft knock on the door. Gesturing for the kid to enter, he ended the conversation, letting out a satisfied sigh as he hung up the phone. If he had a pound for every time those telemarketers had forcefully suggested that their plan was better, and he had to break it to them that they were sadly mistaken...

Taking the envelope from the boy and opening it up, he instantly recognised it as the Grove's membership form. Glancing through it and checking the enclosed fee, he let a genuine smile pass his lips as his gaze met with a rather nervous-looking teen.

"Aye, I am. Don't worry, I don't bite~! We're open every evening after school, and on weekends, but the Grove does close at 8 o'clock every evening. We're much more than a Youth Club here though. You can get involved in all the different activities going on around here, or you can just hang out. You can do whatever you want - within reason of course!"

Placing the envelope safely within the desk drawer (he'd file it later), Geoff rested his arms on the desk.

"The other kids are planning a welcome party for new members like yourself, so I'm sure you'll meet everyone there, but for now, feel free to say hello to the ones that are here today - they're a friendly bunch. I'm sure you'll fit right in. Also, if you ever have a problem here, with another member or anything else, or if you just want to have a chat - my door is always open."

Maddie15 Maddie15 Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin macchiato_line macchiato_line Macaberz Macaberz

Luke listened intently to Clara's suggestion. This girl really was a smart one! If someone like Iris were to ask, then Geoff woul--

"What the...?!"

He spotted it first out of the corner of his eye - his initial thought was that he was imagining it. However, the lady in the car and the kid that stepped out of it like it was on fire begged to differ. The car itself looked like it had been taken straight from a flashy magazine, and as it sped away down the driveway away from the Grove, Luke, like the majority of the teens dotted around the grounds were in awe.

"I want that car~!"

Once the dust had settled, normal service was resumed. Focusing his mind not on how much money a flashy sports car like that one would cost, and more on the task at hand, he returned to his initial train of thought.

"Clara's right. If Iris were to ask Geoff, he wouldn't be able to say no! After all, who could say no to eyes like that?"

He was joking, but her eyes really were striking. This plan was going to work out great, he could feel it.

Maddie15 Maddie15 Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin macchiato_line macchiato_line Macaberz Macaberz

Iris's eyes went wide when her parents came into discussion. At first she panicked because she thought they may know who her parents are and their influence, but she quickly relaxed herself after realising that girl....Clara was referring to. Of course Geoff will be delighted to hear her parents will want to come. After all, he knew how kind her parents are and how concern they are about her well-being.
Seeing that everyone agreed with the idea she would've be sad to disappoint them. Luke's commentary made her jokily roll her eyes and use a sarcastic tone.
'I'm sure he wouldn't be able to resist~'
She already started becoming more confident with them. They seemed nice for real. She should let her worries for now and start taking risks. Her parents will be more than pleased.... Maybe too pleased.
'Ok, I'm going to do it! But I'm not going alone, because i need company and a back up in case something gets out of hand!' she finished with a sweet smile and 'puppy' pleading eyes.
She wasn't desperate of having someone go with her, but she thought it will be nice to interact with them more.
Now they just have to try and see.
Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin macchiato_line macchiato_line Macaberz Macaberz animeloulou animeloulou

"Holy crap, that car's sweet! Wonder how much I'd need to get one."

The car looked like it drove right off the lot of a movie set, that's how cool it was. The teen who got out of it seemed less impressed with it's greatness as he made a mad dash away from the car. Why would he want to get away from it? Thing looked like it came with everything Ryan could ever wanted.

He turned back to find Luke and and Clara suggesting that a teen with blond hair go ask Geoff, both on account of them being new and the apparent puppy dog eyes she was supposed to give. Now that Ryan thought about it this was his first time seeing the girl here, maybe she was a new arrival?

"I'll come with ya, Geoff's a nice guy but if he thinks something is wrong he can hone in on like a hawk. It's both scary and impressive."

He gave the girl, Iris if he remembered right, a smile and readjusted his bag. If things started to get out of hand he could excuse the both of them by saying that he was giving her a tour of the place.

"Alright, ready when you are Iris. Just give Geoff the puppy dog eyes and give me a tap if you need help. Name's Ryan by the way, but people call be Brick if they feel like it."

animeloulou animeloulou Maddie15 Maddie15 Macaberz Macaberz macchiato_line macchiato_line

Clara excidedly clapped her hands when Iris agreed to be the bait. Her smile died suddenly, as looked around the group with a serious expression on her face.

"Okay, team. Now we just have to plan and execute a party without anyone finding out." She said, mimicking a boss in a spy-movie.
"Ideas?" Her eyes went around the group and landed on Luke. "Mr. Ringleader?" she said, nodding at him. "Do you have any suggestions?"

animeloulou animeloulou Maddie15 Maddie15 Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin Macaberz Macaberz no-eyed-girl no-eyed-girl

Noah Cooper

Being bitten by a man that vaguely resembled an elephant seal hadn't been on his list of worries until Geoff mentioned it. Yet even that prospect paled in comparison to being stuck in a ruinous castle until 8 o'clock! That seemed like an awfully long time to hide on the toilet. Under any other circumstance he would've celebrated the opportunity to be away from his stepfather and brother all day, but this was more like detention. There were rules, there was supervision, there were other kids bored out of their minds who'd have a field day picking on his floppy ears, or sniggering behind his back.

He picked at the hem of his school uniform and wished he'd changed into something more casual. Maybe he could find a quiet corner to do his homework instead, not that he imagined he'd make much progress with any of it. Least of all in this chicken coop.

He ceased his intense study of the office floor at the mention of a party. A party? Forget about Graham, forget the car, forget first impressions, if there was going to be a party he might just as well throw himself off the castle roof right now. Never mind loud music or rowdy masses of people, if he was supposed to be dancing he'd make an utter fool of himself, there was no doubt about it.

"Thanks," he mumbled under his breath. Thanks for what? For making his life hell? He forced a wry smile onto his face. "I guess I'll just..." he shuffled toward the door, then halted. "Sorry, but when is the party?"

With a little luck he'd have a few days to get some powdered cayenne pepper to dust his eyes with, call his mum over and claim to be sick for the day. On second thought, he probably didn't need the pepper, he felt plenty nauseous just thinking about the party.

animeloulou animeloulou Maddie15 Maddie15 Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin macchiato_line macchiato_line no-eyed-girl no-eyed-girl

"They're still ironing out some of the details, but it'll be Saturday afternoon."

Saturday afternoon. It was Tuesday today, so that meant that there was still a few more days of over-excited kids to deal with. Not that he minded it - the whole point of the Grove was to make sure that the kids enjoyed themselves - but there was only so many crazy ideas a man could take, and he had heard the best of them over the past few days.

"Hopefully we'll see you there, Noah. Now, go on and have fun."

Geoff could tell from Noah's expression that he was under the impression that he was going to have anything but.

In his time as Youth Leader, he had seen many things, including kids being nearly forced to stay at the Grove by their parents. However, in the vast majority of cases, the outcome was the same. Over time, they made friends, often got caught up in wacky schemes, and gradually fell in love with the Grove and all it represented.

He just hoped that Noah would be part of the vast majority. From first impressions, he seemed like a good egg, just a bit shy.

"We'll have to spread out the duties."

Luke bit his lip as he thought things through. "If we can get everything ready, we can store the supplies in the attic. No one goes in there anyway. Well, except Geoff. We can get somebody to keep an eye out and distract him if he decides to go up there within the next few days."

Casting his gaze around the gang, he began to point.

"Clara organises the music, Brick smuggles the food in, I'll smuggle drinks in and Iris is our wildcard. She's the one who'll get Geoff on-side about the welcome dinner, so she'll be the best one to distract him if he gets close to catching us during the party."

The way to Geoff's office was quite silent, with a few jokes here and there. It wasn't an awkward atmosphere, at least not for her. She thought about how a few minutes earlier she didn't wanted to have any business with the party and now she's being a bait. Maybe bait is a harsh word, what about more like a 'reason' of holding the party? Yes, that's better. At least that's what Geoff needs to know.
In front of his office she gave a quick glance at Ryan and she shook her head playfully with a smile. Knocking slightly on the door and firstly popped her head through the door, she saw Geoff, the man that was very welcoming with her.
Entering after making her presence known she gave him a shy smile and a 'good afternoon'.
' Sorry if I'm disturbing you....But the others were talking about ways of organising the party and i suggested having our parents invited. I mean, mom and dad said they would be delighted if they would meet you and others in such an environment... ' she stopped for a seconds and put on a "please, pleaseeeee with a cherry on top" look and then continued.' And the group said they are fine with the idea as long as you approve... So, I came to ask you. It's okay if it seems strange... I just thought this may be a chance to have a bonding time.... Maybe? ' She finished with a soft expression.
It was true that her parents wanted to have a meeting activity or something where they can bond with other parents and children more, but she wished that would never happened so nobody would know a thing about them. She wasn't ashamed with them, not at all, but she wanted to ne known for her own personality and person, not background.
Maybe things will actually be great and she worried for nothing... Maybe she's just overthinking.

'Just enjoy the present...' she thought before looking back at Geoff waiting.
Shotgunpenguin Shotgunpenguin macchiato_line macchiato_line Macaberz Macaberz animeloulou animeloulou

Ryan nodded along as Lucas laid out the plan. He could alter his usual training route to circle around the building where the attic was to keep an eye out for Geoff. If he got too close than maybe he could distract him by asking him for help, but there was the chance that he could always say no. "Right, I'll keep an eye out when I can."

He was a little less thrilled when the role of getting snacks fell on him, but it wasn't like he couldn't do it. He would need to dip into his manga fund, but it wasn't like he was at risk someone spoiling anything. At worst he'd have to wait a week or two to get the newest issue plus the ones he would miss so it wasn't too bad.

"Right, let me know what snacks everyone wants and I'll grab em."

The walk to Geoff's office was quiet, and while there were a few jokes here and there he felt like he should have been talking more. He just didn't know Iris well enough to act like he usually does with someone like Lucas or Clara. Maybe he could get to know her better at the party if they could pull this off.

When they entered Geoff's office another teen was just leaving. Ryan didn't recognize the teen at first, but then remembered that he was the teen that booked it away from that sweet car in the lot. He looked like he was from one of those private upper high schools that made their students wear uniforms. He never understood why it was such a big deal to have uniforms for schools, both in real life and in manga. Realizing that he was staring Ryan tore his eyes away from the teen and turned to Geoff.

"Yeah Geoff, my mom's been on my back for a while now to meet ya. I always brushed her off before but now seems like the perfect time to actually do it."

Maddie15 Maddie15 macchiato_line macchiato_line Macaberz Macaberz animeloulou animeloulou

Maxie craned his neck back, looking up at the stonework building. He readjusted his glasses, and jammed his hands into his hoodie pockets, before beginning the trek inside. 'I thought this was supposed to be a youth club, not a bleedin' castle,' He thought to himself, taking a deep breath as he pushed open the entrance and stepped inside. Maxwell Herring was a stout kid- short and overweight, with a shy smile and a mop of brown hair. He sported a navy hoodie and trackies, with a pair of semi-rimless glasses perched on his nose. Usually social situations like these were his nightmare, but his parents had finally become fed up with his pathological introversion, a had forced him to sign up.

The room Maxie found himself in was bustling with people, and he could already feel his brain nagging him to retreat, retreat! He hadn't exactly been told what to do, or who to speak to when he arrived, so he came to a halt, looking around like a lost puppy abandoned in the rain. Maxie was never one to strike up a conversation, much less ask a complete stranger for help in such an alien environment.

Maxie was two seconds from bolting straight back out the door, his hands balling up in his hoodie pockets as he was overloaded with people, and uncertainty. He had simply walked in the door, and was already much further out of his comfort zone than he had been for several months.

animeloulou animeloulou macchiato_line macchiato_line Maddie15 Maddie15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back