• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Forester: Foster Home

Lea got downstairs and went straight to the room with the piano in it. While she had no idea what she was doing, she still enjoyed hearing the piano play so she sat down in front of it and began tapping keys at random. Her ears quickly heard the various notes and Lea began working out how to play the piano on her own. This would certainly take a lot of time though. If only Lea had a drum set, then she could play for hours and be content.

Skyler nods again and stands up once again to unzip her suit case. She grabs some of the clothing and places it in the dresser. A little while later everything she owned was placed in each of the drawers, even one set of onesies for Christian when he was born. "I never knew that I owned so little..." She murmurs more to herself than to Ryver.

She shrugs after a while and sits back on the bed, rubbing her stomach.

Ryver: "I know that feeling. I've been here for quite a while, though. And Kat and Ai are amazing... I think I might be here for a while so I have allowed myself to collect some things."

Kat: Kat hears the sound of the piano and is instantly confused, the only other person in the house who takes interest in the instrument aside from her is Ryver. And this clearly wasn't Ryver. She peeks her head into the room to see Lea sitting at the piano.

"Hey." She says with a grin "You play?"

Skyler grins and nods. "Yeah. I feel like this place is going to be great, albeit crowded." She says quietly, referring to everybody already in the house and her baby that would be there in a month, maybe sooner.

Skyler laughs slightly at Ryver's enthusiasm. "I'll bet it has." She said and winced slightly as the baby kicked her stomach particularly hard.

Ryver: Ryver takes a deep breath before asking the question that has been playing in her mind. She wants to ask but is too afraid of stepping boudaries, but oh well; "So you going to keep the baby?"

Lea looked up sharply when she heard Kat. She bit her lip as she immediately stopped playing before answering quietly, "No." She glanced back at the piano, as the music, while it hadn't sounded like anything in particular, had soothed her for the time being.

Skyler looks down at her stomach and then back at Ryver. "I want to. I just don't know how I'll be able to take care of him." She murmurs, a hint of sadness in her voice. She gently rubs her stomach. "And not to mention, I don't even have a crib for him. Or anything for that matter..."

Kat: "Didn't sound to bad." she comments with a smile "Do you play any instruments? I saw you had drum sticks earlier. Do you play drums?"

Lea was quiet as she listened to Kat and then replied quietly, "Yes." On the downside, she didn't have her own personal drum set, which sucked. Now that she thought about it though, perhaps she could put in some kind of request for one? She wasn't entirely sure how this foster home worked. She normally just stayed to herself and kept out of trouble in most cases.

Ryver: "Well... maybe talk to Kat about it, I mean, really. She is pretty cool, and I bet a lot of us would be willing to chip in. I know I would." Ryver could see how much this meant to the girl, and could only imagine. She then decided that she would do whatever it may take to help out Skyler.

Kat: "That's really cool!" She says enthusiastically to the new found information about Lea "Here's the thing: Ai may hate me for this, but I'm a musician and totally know how it feels to try to go without your instrument. It sucks. My friend runs a cool music store down-town I can hit him up and see if he has a drum set for a decent price, if you'd like."

Kat had no doubt that there would be protests against this but; she thinks the more music the better.

Skyler's face immediately falls. "You don't have to do that... I'll find a job or something.... Try and pay for it myself." She murmurs.

She had never been good at accepting things from other people, but the more she thought about it the more she knew she would have to ask for help is she wanted to keep Christian.

Ryver: "Trust me, I wouldn't offer my help if I didn't genuinly want to help" she drops her voice "I may seem sweet, but really I am a selfish bitch" she speaks normal again "in the end, though, it's completely up to you. DUH. Just know that I'm willing to help."

Skyler lets out a soft sigh of resignation. "Thank you... I might take you up on the offer. But I promise I'll pay everyone back." She said.

Paying everyone back would ease her guilt on everyone pitching in to help her keep her child. "Are you sure they'll be willing to? I don't want them to do anything they don't want to do...." She said.

Ryver: "I don't know anything for sure." she says with a laugh "But I know that Kat especially would be more than open to talk to you about it. I'd even come too. For moral support and to say first hand that I'd be willing to help out."

Skyler nods her head slowly, feeling suddenly nervous. 'What if she says no? What if something happens? What if I'm not a good enough mother?' A million thoughts race through her mind and she feels a sudden headache coming on. She let out a quiet breath and gently rubbed her temples.

Lea perked up at the idea of actually being able to get a drum set. Her excitement quickly ebbed away when she remembered that she was dead broke. How was she going to be able to afford it anyhow? Looking at Kat, Lea said softly, "I've no money."

Kat: Kat smiles at Lea "No worries, love. We've got it." she then turns and walks away as to cut off all potential protest. The girl needs her music.

Skyler stands up and walks out of her new room just in time to see Kar walking out of another room. She takes a deep breath trying to calm her nerves and bites her lower lip. "Hey, Kat?" She says nervously.

Lea was surprised when Kat said they'd take care of it. They were just going to buy her a drum set like that? As if it were nothing to them? Lea smiled slightly, as she realized this was probably going to be her favorite foster home yet.

James had left the house before the new arrival had arrived. No one had seen or heard him leave and that was how he liked it. He came back and watched as a taxi cab drove away. So many new people in just one day, he thought to himself. He entered into the house with minor cuts on his face that had already started to heal. He hoped the last of the house didn't catch him with these minor wounds.

Eli had spent up her energy playing with Ryver, and gladly slipped into another nap. This time she had curled up under one of the boys' beds, which she had crawled under in her dazed stupor after running about a whole bunch. Unfortunately, Eli would have no nice dreams during her slumber, which meant that she was fidgeting and sprawling all over the place as she slept. With one sudden kick of her leg, she hit her knee on the underside of the bed above, waking herself up with a cry of pain. Her throbbing knee combined with her still drowsy mind and Eli began to sob.

Through the floorboards the little girl could hear the front door shut, and immediately stifled her cries. She slipped out from under the bed and limped downstairs, although the pain was already starting to fade. It didn't matter though, not to Eli. She was more nervous for what she might find down there. Had her mom finally come to get her? Was she still angry? Eli hoped not. Alas, when a little head peeked out into the front hall, she only found James standing there. Letting out a short breath, Eli stepped fully into the space. "Where were you?"

Ryver: Ryver decides to go back to playing guitar as Skyler leaves. Music is her drug.

Kat: Kat spins around, startled, at her name. Then she realizes that it's just Skyler. She smiles to herself

"Yes, hun?" She asks her

Now that Kat had left the room, Lea let out a quiet sigh before going back to 'playing' the piano. She had no real idea if she was really teaching herself anything, but it still sounded nice to her, as did any music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back