• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic FLIGHTRUNNER

demdo_demi

Back for more!
(A quick little summary of what you're getting into so you don't read up to a certain point and be like "wait, nevermind. I don't like where this going")
You and a a handful of other players will be a part of a crew that explores new planets and documents new life. Eventually, you and the crew will be transitioned to the war effort and help fight in a galactic war.

1599094546346.png
CAPITOL ZINLAS, NIZSLA
The year is 49944. In this large expansive universe, the Nizsla Empire sits at the very top of the universal hierarchy, being the largest system of power and democracy spanning multiple galaxies. Over three hundred planets reside within their governing rule and for the most part, these societies remain loyal to their Empire, and in return, the Nizsla Empire is peaceful and lenient. In fact, the Nizsla Empire is perhaps the most tolerable system of power that has reigned over the universe, harboring peace and promises of a bright future in collaboration wherever they go. The Nizslans themselves, while supporting skin with an deep indian red hue and bright red hair, are also quite kind and warming individuals. However, despite their peaceful demeanor and seemingly perfect governing body, not everybody wishes to be governed by them.

1599095520684.png
THE VELTURN BASTION, RENZIPRA
Located on the other side of the Andromedus galaxy, Renzipra is home to the Velturn, a rival empire ruled by the mysterious and inhumane Lord Ki Giolos. Coated in shiny white armor from head to toe, Giolos is nearly impenetrable and his armor is incredibly dense. His helmet is completely blank except for two thick black lines that run down across his face, parallel to one another. He stands at nearly 7 feet tall and bares a long white cloak tangled around his armor. The Velturn believes the Nizsla Empire is unjust and unfit to rule over the universe and thus oppose the Nizslans. For the past 7 years, the Velturn has waged war against the Nizsla Empire and caused universal turmoil. The Nizsla-Velturn War seemingly has no foreseeable end.

But that doesn't matter to us!

FLIGHTRUNNER
What is a Flightrunner?
Developed in 49782, the "Flightrunner" suit was created by renowned engineer Keeli Von Varm. Stored within the bulky gauntlets of the suit lies a nearly endless cable that can be shot out like a grapple hook and used to pull forth the suit host. To keep myself from rephrasing the same thing over and over again, it's a suit with two built in grapple hooks that allow you to swing like Spider-Man if you ever so wish. Flightrunners carry two Gladius Blades on their back that when activated, burn a cyan blue flame onto the blades. That's right, BURN, FLAMES. Actual fire emits from these blades.

But...WHAT is a Flightrunner? What do they DO?
Trained from the age of 14 and graduated at 18, Flightrunners are trained athletes, warriors, and scholars. At graduation, they are given one of two roles in the Nizsla Empire:

1) Expedition Flightrunners - These individuals are assigned a small crew and a ship and are given the task of exploring new planets and reporting on their inhabitants, environments, resources, and wildlife. If a crew were to discover any form of societies or civilizations, they are to attempt to persuade them into joining the Nizsla Empire. If they are to discover any forms of hostile humanoid life, they are given the choice of extermination if said hostiles are endangering the crew's very well being. Expedition Flightrunners are rarely ever on the capitol planet of Nizsla due to the nature of their work. For the most part, their assigned crewmates are not native to Nizsla and are used to being away from their homeworld, thus making it easier for them to cope with always being on the move, cooped up inside a spaceship.

2) Warrior Flightrunners - From the title alone, I'm sure you understand just what job these individuals are given. The Warrior Flightrunners are assigned a crew and more importantly, a battalion of "Nizsla Gloriers"~soldiers. They are not Nizsla generals, however these warriors are often found discussing battle strategies and working alongside generals. Unlike their Expedition counterparts, Warrior Flightrunners are often on the surface of Nizsla in their downtime. Despite that, when they are needed for war, they are always in the heat of battle, leading their soldiers to victory.

1599097125954.png
(PANTS: not baggy at all / GLOVES: thicker, gauntlets / NO HELMET)
(COLOR SCHEME: varies on the user, but typically either ALL white or ALL black)
(EXTRA: built-in backpack area that carries two Flightrunner Gladius Blades)
1599097610805.png
1599097650454.png
(flames like these emit from the blade except cyan blue)
1599104080314.png
(PISTOL: Flightrunners also carry a tiny blaster pistol located on their left boot. It's weak and not their primary choice of weaponry however.)

SO THE STORY
At this point, I'm sure you're wondering "just what the hell the actual plot of this thing is."

Millenniums ago, around the beginning of time, the prophecy of Asmodeus emerged into the mortal realm. It tells of an Aurora who will destroy the current governing power and build his own. For centuries, this prophecy remained a mystery to all those who read of it, until 37693, when a warrior named Asmodeus Rex destroyed the Greanimum Republic (the current governing power) and built the beginnings of the Nizsla Empire. However, he was overthrown and his Empire was later made a peaceful government body, which brings us to modern day Nizsla. Many believed the prophecy to be done then and there, however others questioned what exactly it meant by "an Aurora."

In 49919, renowned warrior Rylorr Aurora was crowned King of the Nizsla Empire. Conspiracies began to surface of his lastname, if there were any connections between him and the prophecy, and what it meant for the Nizsla Empire. Despite all of that, Rylorr was a great king, and in 49926, he became a father. 1 year later, Rylorr mysteriously vanished out of thin air, leaving the Nizsla Empire in need of a new ruler. Mirres Haven, a well respected warrior and general of the Nizsla Empire, stepped in and ever since then, has ruled over the Nizsla Empire. The disappearance of Rylorr has puzzled many, but absolutely no evidence was found within his quarters or, well, anywhere.

The class of 49944 has just graduated and the next generation of Flightrunners are ready to play their part for the Nizsla Empire. You will either play as a Flightrunner or a member assigned to their crew. The entire cast will look something like this;

Flightrunner A
((Taken by me. While he is technically the main character of the story, he will (I will) mostly take a seat back and allow everyone else to shine in this story. He will play a very crucial part to the story much later on, but for now, he's on the same level of everyone else in this crew.))

Flightrunner B (1 person)
(Graduates alongside the other two Flightrunners: 18 years of age, knowledgeable, yet still a teenager.)

Flightrunner C (1 person)
(Graduates alongside the other two Flightrunners: 18 years of age, knowledgeable, yet still a teenager.)

Captain (1 person)
(Captain of the ship: makes sure everybody is on task and doing well. Works alongside the Master Flightrunner to decide on where to go next. Responsible and an adult.)

Pilot (1 person)
(Pilot of the ship: expert navigator, knows nearly every galaxy map like the back of his or her hand.)

Optional Co-Pilot* (1 person)
(Co-Pilot of the ship: either a newbie to the flying business and looking to learn a lot from the Pilot, or the best bud of the PIlot who's flown with them for who knows how many years.)

Mechanic (1-2 people)
(Mechanic of the ship: an expert at engineering, building, taking apart, and recycling machinery. Quick on their feet and incredibly smart.)

Master Flightrunner
((Also played by me. A Master Flightrunner is a veteran who has a vast knowledge of many things and always knows just what to do. He's basically the "come to me if you guys don't know what to do next" guy. He will (I will) also take a step back from the action to allow others to shine.))

*Optional Co-Pilot depends entirely on the preference of whoever chooses the Pilot role. You can either:
-make a single Pilot character with NO Co-Pilot
-make a Pilot and a Co-Pilot character
-or make a Pilot character and allow another user to be your Co-Pilot​

Flightrunners are very inexperienced and young, however as time goes on, they are often given the bigger decisions to make.

RULES and EXTRA INFO
1 - Don't pull one liners. Put some substance in your parts. You don't have to be the next Shakespeare, just as long as you can get your point across in a nice, three sentences or so minimum. I'll totally cheer you on if you writing pages in response, but don't think you're required to write me a book.
2 - No dice or damage numbers or whatever, I don't particularly enjoy that aspect. I'll basically just be like "this thing is attacking you" and you'll be like "I attack it back" and that's that. Now obviously, don't be too overpowered and consider your character's circumstances. If you're injured, you better not be pulling bautista bombs.
3 - Try not to rapidly post. I understand having free time and providing as much of your input as you can with said free time, but some people aren't as lucky with that and can only sign on and respond at certain, limited times of the day.
4 - I haven't done RPs in a long time so idk if we've uhhh all matured around here, but let's not do constant adult themes. Do you want to pull a side plot romance? Sure, as long as the other user is fine with it. Just don't go too far into detail, if you guys wanna showcase that y'all....uhhh..did the deed, don't actually RP that. If you make one slight reference to it just to establish that's where they're at with their relationship, sure, I guess. As long as you both are fine with that. Don't be a creep. But again, I haven't done RPs in a good few years so idk what headspace the majority of you guys are in.
5 - I totally can't remember any of the other rules you're supposed to make since it's been so long, but like, just because I didn't put it, doesn't mean it's not a given. If there's a rule I'm forgetting that EVERYONE always puts, I've probably just forgotten it and please don't try to take advantage of that. Counting on you guys.

I guess these still count as rules, but I figured I'd label them differently. These are some guidelines for your characters and the lore of the universe.
1 - Alien species: Preferably keep it humanoid. If you're a Flightrunner, you HAVE to have human anatomy and a humanoid head shape. If you're playing a crew member, you can have distinct and visually stunning alien species, they just have to keep a level of humanoid-ism to them. Like, wear clothes (unless you're going for a Chewbacca type character who is basically nude. As long as their areas are covered up, we good.) and walk on 2 feet is all I'm asking. Speak english, but if you can give me a good reason to make your character speak alien and you're totally done to go all out on that, go for it.
2 - Alien backstory / Backstory in general: The Nizsla Empire is the largest governing power. That being said, there are still other governing powers out there. Monarchs, Dynasties, Republics, etc. are definitely still out there in this vast universe, they are just nowhere as big as the Nizsla Empire. For the most part, if your species does not reside with the Nizslans but YOU are apart of the Nizsla Empire, you are frowned upon and discriminated against. The discrimination of species the Nizsla Empire does not side with is a topic for a future storyline.
3 - Your characters: There are NO superhuman beings. If we get far enough in this story, there will eventually be supernatural beings, however they are not random individuals and play a crucial part to the storyline they are apart of. Your characters will not have any kind of super powers or abilities. For technology and weapons, go wild, but if I believe something is too "out there" and bizarre, I will ask of you to go with something more traditional like blasters or blades. Remember: if you're a crew member, you're just an alien in this big universe who happens to be apart of a crew. That's all. You can have weapons unique to you, but they can't be too wild. Flightrunners~you only wield your gauntlet cables, two blue Gladius Blades, and a small hand pistol. If you stumble upon any kind of weaponry during the storyline, for the time being, you can hold onto it if you'd like, however it's mandatory that Flightrunners only carry their designated weaponry, so whenever that current event is over, that extra weapon will be gone. (Unless there is some sort of significance to the weapon, but that would be better off elaborated on if we ever actually get to something like that.)
4 - In-universe events, traditions, slang, etc.: Go wild. Just do whatever. DON'T create these huge historical events that would effect the ENTIRE universe, but if you want to say "The Velturn raided my village when I was younger" in your bio, go for it. You're also free to create factions, tribes, groups, and whatnot. However, if you're trying to push them into the main storyline, you will either
a) Don't.
b) Contact me OOC and I'll see what we can do about it. The RP will mainly be about exploration of the undiscovered planets and later war against the Velturn, but there will definitely be lots of time to have side stories that help distinguish your characters.

I THINK that's all. If there's anything else I forgot, I'll either remember eventually or whatever. Again, I haven't been in the RP gig for a few years now; I'm a little rusty here and there, but I'm still a writer. This whole story is based off a series I'm currently drafting. A lot of the visuals I'm using are not IDENTICAL to the actual concepts I have, but they are VERY close. Most of them at least. The ones that aren't close are because the actual concepts themselves are too bizarre for me to find a look-a-like on Google. But yeah, I hope this picks up and I can get back into the RP thing again. If anyone gets into it and drops out, I'll take over their characters just so there's no extra burden on you guys to pick them up. If I drop out, well then it's over, but I really don't plan on it. Things can change, but for the most part, RPing my stories in the past helped me write them out so I figured I'd try and do this so I can get out of my writer's block for the story itself. Anyhoot, if you guys are interested, I'll put together a Character thread, the RP thread itself, and an OOC thread. If you guys want more than an OOC thread, I can totally make a Discord server; I'm not too active on Discord (anymore) but like, I'd definitely be more aware of notifications that way. And uhhh yeah, that's all. Hope you like what you read. :)

SOME VISUALS

(for immersion I guess haha)
1599096415374.png
Nizslan Soldier "Glorier"
(excluding the axe)
Gloriers carry a red blaster rifle that shoots yellow energy beams. They also carry a tiny knife on them if they are to ever interact in close combat. You cannot be a Glorier yet, however if we get there, you may get the opportunity to be one.

1599096308921.png
Velturn Troopers "Veltroids"
(white paint job)
Veltroids carry a white blaster rifle, similar to the one of a Glorier yet much more streamlined and identical to the look of a Veltroid. Unless you pull a "reprogrammed Veltroid" gig, you won't play as a Veltroid. (And even then, I don't know if I'm 100% on board with a reprogrammed Veltroid.)

1599100487647.png
Nizsla Starfighter "NS-009"
(faded red paintjob)
Good guy fighter is all I really need to say.

1599100540300.png
Velturn Fighter Mechoid "Mechoid SF-T"
Bad guy fighter.

(I'll provide visuals for the actual ship we'd be flying in on the RP thread. Same for planets, locations, all that jazz. I just didn't feel like going through all that effort for the "perfect ship" only for this to not pick up, y'know.)​

Attachments

• 1599096284727.png
    1599096284727.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
I'm rather interested in joining. I'm going to send you a PM to talk about some stuff, and ask a few questions, if you don't mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back