• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fixers: Japan Edition

Characters
Here
Luna

“From the amount of guns in that basket I should say I’m getting in less trouble than you, my dear lawyer. I got in about two last night. Been sticking to the straight and narrow— I wouldn’t want to tarnish the good name of the fixers. I’ll do my best not to be a bother anymore.” Behind Zuki’s playful tone she felt her stomach twist up again in a knot. Akari, Crow and Candy were all on the case looking for card members. How long before Akari found out about the heart cards she left behind? …how long before Daisuke found out? The thought physically made her ill, something that had happened often this week. It explained the sleepless nights and the dark sunglasses to hide her tired eyes.

Growing a conscious sucked, Zuki had been a cold hearted ruthless killer for most of her life here in the city. “Gotta head out, I have an early meeting.” Like most days this week she found herself losing her appetite. Zuki had to check in on the other queens of the gang and she was going to see if she could figure out anything about the higher ranks; everyone knew their respective ranks but only the aces and kings knew names and faces of the whole organization. They communicated but it was always a call or text. There had to be a way to either clean up the gang or get out, though neither option was an easy task. Zuki didn’t want to endanger the Fixers, if she died that was fine but the others didn’t need mixed up in her mess.

As she hopped down from the counter she handed Daisuke the unopened granola bar and water before straightening his tie. “Good luck today champ, and good luck on everyone’s endeavors of the day.” Zuki paused for a moment to smirk at Akari extorting money from Crow. “Akari the money is clean, you should just accept it. But this is entertaining. Thanks for the laugh.” And just like that Zuki was headed downstairs towards the garage.

Crow

It still was weird having Candy in the house. Not just Candy though, in the last week the house size had doubled. Not that it was a bad thing! It felt like a family home instead of the bachelor pad that it had been for the last five years, and it had been a long time since Crow had a family."Oi, Doc ordered you to stay off that foot which means no cooking. Breakfast will be here shortly, they just opened a new breakfast joint that delivers this early. The reviews rave about their donuts!" Crow gave a small grin as he noticed Candy's outfit. He was so used to being the only one in pajamas that he appreciated another pajama clad individual. Crows pajamas of the day consisted of marvel pajama bottoms, a black tank and a black sweater. His shoulder length hair was tied into a bun on the top of his head.

Akari joined them and stood in front of Crow with her hand held out. It took him a minute to realize what was happening, blinking a few times when he processed what she said. "Didn't I offer you your portion of the money and you turned it down? Well, whatever. It's waiting for you in a private account, you just let me know when you're ready for it." Crow reached into his marvel wallet and pulled out a hundred, placing it in her hand with a heavy sigh. "Here ya go, at least you recognize who's leader around the joint." As Daisuke walked in and sat a laundry basket filled with guns on the table and all Crow could do was blink. "Oh, I borrow a gun and I get yelled at. You can just walk away with his whole collection? I call bullshit!"

The doorbell rang and he bounced up to go retrieve the boxes full of donuts and coffee. When he returned he sat everything on the table, grabbed a jelly filled one and sat at the head of the table. "Pepe will be at the bar his scheduled hours, but if you'd like I can accompany you. Two sets of eyes are better than one. I'd offer to drive but no one seems a fan of my driving." A small beep came from his phone and he noticed a text from Emi. "Oh, a new door. W-A new door?!" Suddenly he realized what Daisuke had planned. "I'm fining Shadow the cost of one door."

Last edited:
Doc

Before the girls mornings were mostly dull besides Crow's and Daisuke's usual antics. Now? With Akari's smart mouth and Zuki's sassy attitude things were lively. Candy being around only encouraged Crow to act more over the top than normal, he really wouldn't know what mornings would be with Emi and Shadow joining them. It made Asa want to add rum to his morning coffee. "Akari if you're real worried about the authorities noticing the money in your bank account then you could just have Crow give you a card to the account he puts the money in. With the security he has to the accounts I'm sure no one will be able to trace the money to you. Or if you just like extorting money out of the idiot then I fully support that too."

Doc gave a small smirk before he sat down at the table with a loud yawn. these late nights were getting to him. Speaking of, Zuki was brushing off Daisuke rather quickly and running as soon as he joined the room. "Do all of your clients run away from you like that, or just the shady ones?" Asa didn't have a problem with Zuki; she had her own reasons for doing what she did and what she did hurt the kind of people they were after. It was her own form of justice, and she seemed to do a good job at keeping her hands clean. Even Crow didn't see her as a threat to what they were doing. Asa just liked to give Daisuke shit. "I can reach out to the professor, see if he has any knowledge of these card wielding assholes. If I find anything out I'll let you know."

When the donuts were delivered Asa grabbed a plain one, poured a cup of coffee and stood to his feet. "Akari my office is a block away from the station, want me to drive you? Or I'm sure Crow could, or Daisuke." He left it at that and grabbed his key off of the counter.

Sherlock

Akari smiled to herself when Crow handed her the money and let out a small chuckle. “Listen I really understand that you guys take the proper precautions but I just don’t feel right taking the money. Even if I wasn’t worried about it, I did nothing to deserve it. Now this money I just extorted from this idiot here? I deserve it as reparations for my kidnapping.” She took the bill and shoved it into her wallet before turning on her heel and grabbing her purse from where she had left it on the counter to place the wallet away. “All his clients are shady.” She scoffed in response to Doc’s comment at Daisuke, “No offense Zuki.”

The breakfast was delivered and Akari grabbed some to go as she contemplated her travel options as listed by Doc. Honestly they all were great but there was no way in hell she was getting in a car with Daisuke and Crows driving was suspect at best. Doc it was. “I’ll head out with you if that’s fine. You can just head straight to your office though and I can walk from there if they are that close, no need to inconvenience yourself.” Normally Akari just walked to the station from her apartment but clearly that was no longer an option. So after grabbing her things she said her goodbyes and made her way out to the car with him.

“So, I have to ask, what made you think to ask me about the cards?” Akari peered over at him while they drove through the city, “Most people would have assumed that a card found in a bar was simply litter but you didn’t, I have to assume there’s a reason.”

Candy

“I can stay off my ankle and cook, just give me a barstool or something.” Candy pouted slightly at the idea of her hurt ankle again, she want a very active being but god it was already so annoying having to deal with the sprain. “Fine keep filling your bodies with junk, see if I care.” Crow ordered the food and quickly the kitchen filled with everyone except Emi and Shadow. Upstairs there had been a bang at some point but since no one reacted to it Candy chose to just assume it was fine.

“Crow you got yelled at because you borrowed one to USE without knowing how to use one. Daisuke seems like he just parented the shit out of a certain moody assassin we all know.” Candy giggled and adjusted on the counter, talking another sip of coffee as the morning moved forward. It was kind of nice to be around all these people, normally she was alone in her apartment or with patrons at the bar but this was different.

It seemed like everyone was getting ready to head to their various tasks for the day and Candy let out a small yawn. “Oh okay, that’s good to know. I mean I’d love for you to come with but I understand if you’re busy and j can drive, thankfully it’s my other ankle that’s hurt.” Honestly Candy wanted him to leave the house as much as she could get him too, but she also didn’t want him to get burnt out with all the socializing. The man had been a shut in since she knew him and she had never really known why…

Kage;Shadow

Kage just blinked at Emi for a while, kind of in shock that he had actually understood what he was trying to get at, how was Daisuke so good at these things? It was annoying how right that fucker always was. “Right well , that’s good to hear then.” He was preparing to head out, back to his room to work on some things at his desk for the day but suddenly she was mentioning the two of them leaving somewhere. “I- “ Kage was ready to say he was okay and for her to have fun but when he heard Daisuke’s name he felt a rush of anger come over him. That sack of shit. Instantly he knew what Emi was getting at and as much as Kage was down to go there for some breakfast, he was VERY upset with Daisuke for sharing his secret.

“Fine. Let me go get dressed and I’ll meet you downstairs.” Emi was already putting on her shoes and headed downstairs when Kage moved out to the hallway and over to his own room. Quickly he pulled on a black hoodie and some dark jeans before slipping his feet into his black Doc Martens. His white shoulder length hair was down and messy around his face and he slid all of his rings on his fingers before leaving the room and heading downstairs. As he walked by the kitchen he flipped Daisuke the bird and a look that said “I’ll kill you for this.”

The two of them got in one of the many cars and shortly they were off. The place wasn’t super far but it wasn’t really in town either. In total the drive probably took them about a half an hour. Kage was a dark, brooding, jackass of a man but he did have a soft spot. Well two, one for sweets and another for cute sweets at a place that had cats roaming around. Honestly he had found this place by mistake on a mission, it was a cute countryside cat cafe that was the only place he could find to eat after days on a stakeout. It had cute pastry’s and good food in general and the guy had a killer sweet tooth. “We’re here.”

Sunny

Honestly Emi didn’t really think that would work. All week long she had been mopey, her arm was still healing from being shot and she didn’t expect the person to try to cheer her up would be Shadow. She didn’t expect anyone to cheer her up, but he was the last person she would have guessed. It really made her happy though so she wasn’t going to let the opportunity pass her by! She had on black shorts, a yellow tank and black cardigan and bright yellow shoes; basically she had a few pieces of clothes she got online and they weren’t as cute as her old wardrobe.

The drive to the cafe was quiet but she lumped that up to his usual personality, besides it was nice and she rarely got out of the city. When they arrived and she seen it was a cat cafe she lit up like a Christmas tree. It was her first time! Once they got inside she made Shadow go get them a table so she could order their desserts. There were so many to choose, and in the end she couldn’t decide so she ordered all the cute desserts. They’d just share.

Who knew you could spend all day eating sweets and petting cats? Daifuku, ice cream, cakes, parfaits, and even tea! They had all sorts of fluffy cats and treats you could give them. Emi never wanted to leave. Unfortunately they had to leave eventually, and she supposed she had inconvenienced Shadow long enough. The whole ride home she was buzzing with energy and back to the fully charged Emi she used to be. She had even got a big adorable cake for the others! “Thank you again for today. I’d offer to drive next time, but Akari has forbid me ever from driving again. Says I’m a hazard behind the wheel. But I’m sure I’ll pass the drivers test someday, and when I do I’ll take us back to see the cats.”

As they pulled back into the garage Emi looked over at Shadow with a sweet smile. It took a while to understand him but she kind of got it. He was a good guy; he killed bad people who killed way more people. He liked cats, and sweets. He was quiet, and borderline rude sometimes. But he meant well and she liked hanging out with him, even if it was just for a day. “I’m making dinner so make sure to come down, okay?” With that said she got out of the car and took off for the kitchen to start cooking. Something healthy to combat all the sugar they consumed.

Luna

Despite Zuki’s attempt to get away from Daisuke this morning he had the awful habit of being a smooth talker. He wouldn’t let Zuki say no when he offered her a ride, so she begrudgingly said yes. Daisuke was a pretty up town boy who she was sure wasn’t used to the projects, and that’s where the tatted up Zuki was raised. It was all she knew, the memory of her life before being nonexistent. She had him drop her off at the old spa/parlor she used to be a slave to; now she overseen the girls to make sure they were taken care of. It still wasn’t a place she wanted him to be seen around. Not only was being with her dangerous, but him being seen there could risk his reputation.

They parted ways and she went about her day. One of the other queens ran the spa and they were good friends. For most of the day she caught up with her about the happenings of the spa, Zuki tried to ask her more about the hierarchy of the group but her friend was even more in the dark than Zuki was. Each tier of cards had a superior, and Zuki just happened to be the Queens superior. After that she went to the other spas around the town to check in with the other queens, and just as she was leaving the last room some random drunk man tried hurt one of the girls. Zuki got the guy out but he ended up busting her lip open before leaving. “Well makeup isn’t going to cover this.” Light brown eyes scowled at the compact mirror image of herself as she pulled up to Crow’s house in a taxi. Her lip was swollen and had already started to bruise.

The car stopped and Zuki handed the man some money before proceeding to enter the mansion. She would have gone to her apartment to avoid everyone but Daisuke had said “see you later”. Skipping out on seeing him later would have made her feel like a jerk. Plus, she wanted to see if they figured out anything. Would Akari arrest Zuki at the table? It’d make for a lively dinner. “Oh, welcome back to the land of the living.” As she veered to the freezer for an ice pack she made sure to acknowledge the once again bubbly Emi as she hummed to herself and made dinner. Zuki applied the ice to her swollen lip and looked at the white box on the counter. “That’s that cat cafe outside of the city, right? How precious.”

Doc

Doc gave a small yawn as he got in one of the many cars of the garage, nodding slightly as she told him just to drive to his office. "Sounds good." As they pulled out of the garage and onto the quiet road he took a long drink of the coffee, though he nearly spat it on the windshield when she questioned him about the cards. His family and his brother were subjects Doc didn't really wish to discuss. After they all passed he slipped into a heavy drug life and those years were a blur. Well, up until the professor took him in and adopted him.

"I was too young to connect the dots. My parents were murdered and there was a card there. I took care of my little brother for a while, Candy's parents were nice and gave us a warm meal from time to time. I went out in search of some food, came back to the place we were staying at for the night and found him dead. The same card was there. I get people kill people in Hora, that's a normal occurrence. The kid was only 6. I kind of have a score to settle with these people." By the time he was done with his story they had pulled into the parking lot of his fancy office building. When she went to get out of the car Doc slipped the box with the ring inside of her purse casually before he stood from the car as well. "What time do you get out? I can swing by and get you if I'm out."

---

The day was a typical one. A couple surgeries, a couple consultations, and he had to reject a client. If a client was misusing drugs or alcohol he refused to work on them and referred them to a psychologist, but it wasn't anything out of the norm. On his lunch he visited the professor at the university and inquired if he had any knowledge about the cards. As expected he didn't know anything about the group; all he knew was that he found Asa in a garbage bin beaten, bloodied and near the brink of death and took him in. The professor did say he would look into it with a few of his colleagues and get back to him.

After the long day had finished up he gave another yawn and proceeded to pick Akari on his way home. Normally he wasn't too chatty but he was invested into this investigation. "Did you find out anything?" Asa motioned to the coffee cups as he pulled the car out of the parking spot and headed towards the Fixers house. "My secretary made extra coffee and told me to bring it to my carpool friend. I assumed she meant you."

Crow

As much as Crow didn't want to leave the house he didn't like the idea of the injured Candy going and researching this group by herself. Yes, the bouncer would be there. But what if they got past the bouncer? Not that Crow was strong or good with a gun, but an extra set of eyes to keep a lookout was better than none. He wanted to help so they could figure out who the big wigs of the operation was. Plus, Crow could read over a thousand words per minute. He'd be useful for going through all those records.

While they were looking through the records of the office he had his security system watch the repairman fix Emi's door. He was the only one Crow hired and he was always professional, never met Crow face to face, fixed whatever needed fixed and left. Five star service. It left Crow being able to help Candy on her search. He never really expected her parents to have so many books of people's tabs though. After the first twenty or so books he finally found a few names of interest. They had rather high tabs before they had to pay them off, higher tabs than any of the other patrons.

Crow used his computer system to look into the names. He received shady background checks, no places of employment, and home addresses in Hora. A perfect stake out job for Shadow! Once they found what they needed he declared the day a success and told Candy that they should head back to the house.

"I think we all need a drink by the pool. It's been a long day. Go sit down and rest your foot. I double as an in home bartender." As they entered the house Crow went to the kitchen to see Emi and Zuki. "Girls do you want a drink? Yeesh, Zuki you'll take two, yeah? You look like you've had better days." Crow walked over to his fancy drink station and poured the aged scotch from the decanter into a few glasses.

Sherlock

Honestly all Akari could do was listen to Asa in silence. She couldn’t imagine how hard it would be to lose a family member that young, let alone finding their body. The poor man lost his parents and brother before even hitting working age… it was just awful to think about. Akari hadn’t lost anyone but her mother, at least as far as death goes. She didn’t remember the woman at all but a small piece of her always had felt like it was missing. All her brothers could remember their mom while all Akari ever had was that ring. Well… had. How similar the two were in their thinking about this whole card thing was causing her to have an internal struggle. They both had the same thing on their mind but had ended up on such different sides of the approach. Akari was a detective and believer in the law yet the man next to her was the near opposite, taking the law into his own hands. If they had the same end goal how was their approach so different? “Oh-uh. Yeah I would appreciate that. I should be done for the day around 3 but can work on stuff later if you won’t be done. Just text me or let me know.”

Akari went to work and spent her day rummaging through old case files between her other duties. The shitty part was they’d really only started seeing the cards as evidence about a year ago, Akari knew of stories prior to that but they weren’t well documented because officers thought they were just litter. Plus the case Akari was most interested in reading up on was one she was forbidden to do so. Due to the fact that it was her fathers case, Akari wasn’t allowed to read anything about it from the station that wasn’t public knowledge. It was be an abuse of power… which she understood but hated. So she spent her day collecting what information she could and compiling notes to take back to the house to share with the others.

After it was all said and done for the day, Akari waited for Asa in front of the station. When he pulled up she said goodbye to some coworkers after getting some irritating jokes from them regarding the flashy man who had pulled up, then got in the car and headed in their way. “Nothing groundbreaking.” Akari sighed and tossed her head back against the head rest. It was frustrating not being able to find more but there was nothing she could do about it. “I’ve only been on the force about 2 years now, they really only started documenting the cards as evidence shortly after I got hired on the homicide department. Before then they were too random and just assumed to be litter so they weren’t documented well if at all. But I got some notes I guess, mostly low level drug deal type murders and a few robberies but again, nothing ground breaking. “ she paused when he mentioned the coffee and peered down at the cup. “Thank you, but what did you do today that she could possibly be referring to anyone else? Spend the way driving other women you kidnap around to places like some sort of creepy fucking taxi service?” She let out a real honest chuckle before reaching forward and grabbing the coffee to take a small sip.

It wasn’t long before they were pulling up to the gates of the house and Akari felt the need to say something. She really didn’t know why but it was like word vomit, “I don’t want to tell this to Emi and I think that if I share this with everyone but her it will get to her eventually. But I think I need to go visit my dad about this card business. I-I haven’t seen him since I was really young and I know if Emi knew what I was going to do it would worry her. I think he knows something about this stuff… I don’t think he’ll tell me but I think I have to at least try right?”

Candy

“Now you’re going to steal bartending from me too? What’s next? I swear if you guys ever let another person fix your cars I’ll actually cry.” Candy giggled a bit as they entered the home again. Their time at the bar was spent mostly quiet and focused on the files they had been looking through. Thankfully with Pepe there, her other two employees were comfortable enough to run the joint themselves the next few days so Candy could fully heal before going back to work.

As Crow moved to the bar Candy also hobbled into the kitchen on her crutches, before leaning against the counter. Sitting out by the pool sounded nice and the water might make her ankle feel better. “Well if Emi is cooking again I know she feels better so maybe dinner and drinks outside tonight would be nice. I’ll go out and light the fireplace too, that I can at least get done.” She chuckled and turned to head outside, the large sliding glass door opened with the touch of a button. The backyard was like that of a 5 star resort, the large calm pool with glass siding and a hot tub attached, the fancy gas fireplace surrounded with lush patio furniture. Honestly it was insane to think she was friends with people that lived in this place.

Candy found a comfortable spot on the side of the pool and sat beside it before letting her legs dangle over the edge and into the water. It was exactly what she needed after the day she had. It wasn’t hard work but it had definitely taken a toll on her emotionally. Since her parents death Candy had really avoided all things that had to do with them. It was hard to think that her parents weren’t what she thought they were. Her brain couldn’t handle the idea that people who were so amazing in her eyes were hiding something dark behind closed doors. There was a part of her that always wondered if it was her fault, did she ask for too much even though they didn’t have a lot of money? Was that was drove them to the life they chose?

Kage;Shadow

The man honestly hated to admit how good of a day he had out of the house. Not that he was a homebody or anything like Crow but… he just hadn’t taken the time to do anything non work related in so long he was shocked. He hated it even more that he had so mush fun with little miss sunshine. They spent the day eating and hanging out with the cats which was secretly a dream day for him, a secret that Emi now knew thanks to Daisukes loud mouth. But unlike others she didn’t make fun of him for it, she just genuinely had a good time as well.

Finally it came time for them to head home and for a moment Kage had thought about letting her drive to see how truly terrible it was, but decided he better not. They drove home and spoke a bit more. “I’ve heard some comments, but…” He felt his face grow red as he continued. “You don’t have to wait to be able to drive just let me know whenever you want to go and I’ll take you back there.” He cleared his throat after that and focused purely on driving.

The two arrived back at the house before mostly everyone and Emi quickly jumped to the last of making dinner. “I really hate to say this because it’s part of what got me in trouble but… could you bring me up a plate later? I really did have some shit to get done today so I need to get back to it but I would appreciate food. So uh.” Kage scratched the back of his neck as he walked behind her to the kitchen. “Oh Zuki you’re here good. I felt bad ditching Emi to go work but now I dont feel as bad. So… see ya I guess.”

Kage was bad at socializing and his battery was about deplested by the time they got back. Plus he really did have shit to get done. He had made note of Zukis face but knew it was simply a hazard in their line of work so chose to not question it before heading up to his room to work on some mission plans at his desk. Most of the work he did was for the fixers but occasionally he would find a lead of his own on a contract killer or tip from a contact. So now he was not only working on the card thing for them but a few other things as well.

Doc

It was only day one of the search, he didn’t know why his expectations had been so high. “Well if I told you I ran a taxi service for people I kidnapped I’m assuming I’d be arrested. Or interrogated at the least.” Asa made a poor attempt at a joke as they approached the gate of the mansion, though he fell quiet as she went on about going to see her dad. She didn’t discuss much to the group but Asa had done his own research on the girls when they joined. He didn’t know the full story but he got the gist of what happened with her dad. “Part of my job is to keep things confidential, I won’t tell Emi.” The car came to a stop and Asa took a deep breath. Help wasn’t something he offered outside of work, Asa didn’t like getting involved in peoples lives. She seemed frazzled and Asa was invested in this. “I’ll take you. If you want, that is. I don’t have family but I do know if I was estranged from them then a meeting wouldn’t be easy. Having someone there for support would be helpful I’m sure.”

As Asa stood from the car he shot a look at Akari. “I’m not a nice person but I don’t want to see you suffer alone. I can go or not go, doesn’t matter to me. Tell me when and where.” With that said he tossed the disposable coffee mug and walked inside. “We’re drinking? I’ll take a double.” Asa leaned against the island in the kitchen with a loud yawn. “Emis cooking, I’ll take dinner by the pool when you’re done.” He took the glass from Crow then walked outside to give a small wave to candy. “How’d your search go?” Slowly he retired into one of the plush lounge chairs before taking a long drink.

Daisuke

Daisuke had quite the long day, between meetings with clients and meetings with old contacts who had tips about the cards, it was a long fucking day. He had kept up with everyone as it went on but saved any big updates for when they were back at house. However his only real update was that he had no real updates. That sucked. It caused him to return to the house that evening defeated. It wasn’t often that Daisuke had a real fail and this was really bothering him. So he had come back to the house a bit sooner than the others and took a long shower to wash the day off of him.

By the time Daisuke finished his shower and got dressed in some lounge clothes the others had arrived. Downstairs he could hear conversations and the smell of food. Quickly he made his way downstairs and tried to put on his normal sly smile but the moment he caught sight of Zuki it fell. “What the hell happened to you?” His voice was gravely serious as he walked over to her, gently grabbing her chin and moving her face side to side. “You’re not supposed to get hurt kid, you’re supposed to do the hurting.” He grumbled and dropped his hand before moving to a cabinet near the front door that they held their first aid in because of how often Shadow came home all fucked up.

However that moment he moved the houses alarm started to go off alerting them that someone was at the front gate. Everyone was home and if it was anyone they knew they should have been able to put in the code before the alarm went off. “What the fuck?” He grabbed the bandaids quickly and moved over to Crows area and started scanning all the security cameras. “Oh no.” His heart sunk, they weren’t in danger. Well the others at least… but Daisuke. Daisuke was in deep shit. “How the fuck did my fiancé find me here? CROW DO NOT LET HER IN.”

Crow

As Crow finished up the drinks he couldn't help but smirk at Candy's response to them doing all of her jobs. "Don't worry Miss Candy, the cars are all yours." Crow went around the room and passed the drinks out to everyone, even handing one to Asa and Akari as they walked in. "A cheers to everyone's hard work for the day, I can't wait to go over all of our progress and where we go from here!" As the tall man with the bun on top of his head went to exit to the backyard the alarm started to go off. Everyone was home, and if it was a familiar face it wouldn't have been such a loud alarm. With a heavy sigh he looked down at the screen on his watch, his dark brows arching curiously as he heard Daisuke from the other room. It was just a pretty blonde lady. "Oii, Daisuke, I didn't know you were engaged. The least you could do is introduced our family to her! As your boss I'm welcoming her into the home. Deedee, let the car through."

The alarm silenced and a bright grin appeared on his face. "Daisuke be a dear and bring her to the poolside to meet us and have dinner. Emi! Can we do dinner outside?" With that said he walked outside and handed Candy one of the glasses of scotch. "We have a guest! Daisuke's fiance. Who would marry his crazy ass? I mean, I have heard that the girls think he's cute. Wait---you're a girl. Do you think he's cute?" The thought of Miss Candy liking Daisuke was devastating for Crow. "He's not that great y'know, he's pretty conceded. AND. He leaves dirty dishes in the sink. Can't even put it in the dishwasher. He's basically a caveman." Quickly he cleared his throat as he tried to get his composure back. "Anyway. How's the ankle?"

Sunny

Emi's smile was beaming. Despite not everyone being together for dinner Shadow actually said that he'd go with her to the café again. She really didn't even consider what his schedule looked like when she volunteered him to go with her this morning and yet he still went with her, was she wrong to consider him a friend? Yeah, probably. He was just being nice to her after what happened. Still, it made her happy. "Dinner outside, got it!" Today was the day that everyone looked into the cards, right? She couldn't wait to figure out what everyone found out. And if they didn't find out, that was okay! But Crow seemed energetic like he had found something.

"Zuki you need some mace just in case someone comes close to you. Akari got me some for Christmas, I'll find out where and get you some. Hmm, maybe we all need some mace." Emi gave herself a firm nod, made mental note to go get everyone some mace in the morning, and finished up the vegetable curry she made for everyone. The alarm caused her whole body to tense, Daisuke was yelling about a fiance and Crow was dismissing the alarm and letting her come in. "Daisuke, I didn't know your parents gave you a new fiance too. I'm sorry, I thought saying no would give us time to find our own partners. I didn't know they'd immediately find new ones." Her face fell into a small frown at the thought. It appeared that Daisuke didn't like his new partner-to-be either.

After everything was all set up on the outside dinner she ran a tray up to Shadow. It had a large bowl of curry and rice, a big piece of the adorable chocolate cake with the cats on top, and the glass of scotch that Crow gave Emi. "Shadow dinner is here when you're ready. Thank you again for today!" And, with that, Emi was taking off down the stairs.

Esme

When Esme found out about the whole 'death scene' Esme immediately flew in from France. The 24 year old woman had her driver take her to her fiance's family home, where she would stay for the duration of her stay in New Tokyo, and interrogated Daisuke's sister. Apparently the love of her life still resided in the home of his friend and she had no clue where the friend lived. His sister knew though. It took nearly all day to pester the woman until she finally caved and gave her the address. Esme didn't even wait for someone to prepare a car for her; she borrowed a car and decided to head there on her own.

The neighborhood was as nice as Daisuke's neighborhood, the home even had a large gate around the perimeter. There were cameras everywhere, even on the call button. There was no speaker option though so she couldn't say anything, but she was sure the glare on her face said it all.

Surprisingly the gate opened and she quickly zoomed up the driveway and parked in front of the door. Quickly Esme rushed out of the car and up the stairs, not even knocking as she ran into the house. Her blush pink heels matched her dress, which matched her gloves she wore. The girl had large diamond earrings, and an obnoxiously shiny diamond necklace. "Daisuke?! Daisuke! Don't you hide from me Daisuke! Do you know how traumatized I was to find out the love of my life was shot? I was in hysterics! That your GIRLFRIEND rushed with you to the hospital? How could you ever forget about me?! You're a beast, an animal! So cruel!" Her hand waved her face as she fought back the tears.

Last edited:
Luna

"Grazi." Zuki raised her glass to Crow as he handed her the double scotch. She took a long drink and winced as the alcohol burnt her split lip. Before she could return to icing it however Daisuke was in the room, scolding her, then proceeding to look over her injuries. Nobody got close to Zuki since she, well, became Hazuki. She was scary, tatted and stoic. Save for the men she 'seduced' in order to get alone and poison Zuki lived a pretty solitary life. Never once before had someone been so worried about her. She didn't know what to say as he looked her over, her cheeks however heated. "I can take a good beating, this isn't much to worry about."

Her heart beat out of her chest and she quickly downed the remaining scotch as she tried to calm down. She was being ridiculous, Daisuke was the same pretty lawyer boy that represented her. Zuki was the same mobster assassin who survived on her own. Thankfully the alarm started to sound and instead of feeling embarrassed she went into guard mode and hopped off the counter. "Fiancé?" Her brow arched curiously as the alarm stopped. Within a minute a blonde clad in diamonds and pink was running into the living room berating Daisuke. Suddenly all of the concern she was feeling washed away.

That was the girl Daisuke was engaged to? Now she didn't worry about Daisuke getting attached to her, not if that was what he liked. "Oh, this is funny." Zuki couldn't help but smirk and put the ice to her lip once more. "Daisuke do explain to your pretty fiancé what happened. She's quite concerned."

Daisuke

“Why do you love my pain?” Daisuke whined at Crow as the man turned off the alarms and opened the gate. “I said one thing, and that one thing was do not let her in, she’s fucking insane guys!” Then, before he even had time to explain or prepare, she was here. What was Esme even doing in Japan let alone here at Crows house. And how did she know where to go?!

The flash of pink was suddenly rushing into the living room and yelling at Daisuke from across the space. It wasn’t anything he hadn’t heard before. This was a common occurrence before Daisuke met the other Fixers and moved into Crows house. Daisuke would be Daisuke and Esme would throw an absolute fit.

“I am not the love of your life, and in my opinion we aren’t even engaged so… I mean there’s eight people in this house right now I would marry before you.” The tall man sighed, a look of pure annoyance written clearly on his face. “Esme you should be spending your time finding an actual fiancé rather than rushing here because you saw me on the news. Also it’s really honestly not your business at all if I’m dating anyone.” He grumbled the last part, crossing his arms across his chest as he snuck a look back at Zuki.

“Esme is a family friend. Who my parents had me engaged to since Emi refused when we were younger. We are NO LONGER ENGAGED.” Daisuke stretched that part and looked over at Esme as he did so, “But SOMEONE refuses to accept that.” Esme had been around forever, while Emi was like his little sister so was Esme in a way, at least up until the engagement. Then she was just too much, she was obsessed with the idea of marrying him and it was just gross all around. Daisuke had told his parents the first time he wasn’t marrying someone for poltics but they told him they would cut him off if he didn’t. The problem here was that Daisuke was indeed cut off, after not following in the family footsteps they basically cut him out of their lives in whole. That meant he was free from Esme too! Only she didn’t believe it.

“Crow I could murder you in cold blood right now.”

Candy

When the alarms went off it sent Candy’s heart into her stomach, ever since the day she was attacked in the bar she had gotten a lot more jumpy and cautious. But looking behind her into the house no one seemed to be freaking out or scared, Daisuke was yelling but soon the noise stopped so Candy chose to ignore it. After a few more minutes Asa came outside first before Crow followed soon after and handed her a glass. “Not the worst but not the best. Crow said he found some good leads and an address for Shadow to stakeout so that’s good I think!” Candy hummed from her spot poolside before taking a long drink of the scotch and letting out a small sigh. Crow started filling her in on what was going on inside and Candy couldn’t help but let out a laugh.

“There is no way Daisuke is engaged, Ive never known him to hide things from you guys. I’m sure it’s a misunderstanding right ?” Inside Candy could hear some woman in hysterics and for a moment she actually wondered if maybe it was true, if so it was kind of hilarious. “What?” She nearly gagged on her drink when Crow continued. “Ew no, he-“ before she could finish her sentence he was off again, telling her all about Daisukes bad habits and such, it made a small smile come to her face actually as she looked over at him.

“Daisuke is not my type Crow.” Candy felt her face gear a bit, she had reached out and placed her hand over his as she spoke before pulling it away and taking another drink. She had had a crush on Crow for a while, before it was just a silly thing, a girl who liked some boy who was nice to her online, almost like make believe. But now that she had met him in person, gotten to know him more… seen him. The crush had gone from childish to very real. Though she hated to admit it because he didn’t feel that way. Did he flirt? Yeah. But from what the guys said that was just his personality and she shouldn’t take offense. “And my ankle is doing a lot better, Asa said I should be okay to walk on it soon….Uhm, so Crow, Asa was asking about what we found today.” She changed the convo and trained her eyes down at the water as she did. Candy just wanted to minute to clear her head and hoped that getting the boys to talk would do so.

Last edited:
Sherlock

“I’ll get it all figured out and let you know.” Akari shut the door to the car as she spoke. Asa was right, having someone there with her would help even if it was one of this stupid men. Plus she would need a ride either way. She was thankful that he really didn’t seem interesting in prying , at least not now, and willing to go with. So for now she dropped it and followed him inside to where everyone was already waiting. Emi was cooking dinner and seemed in good spirits so as much as she hated to admit it, whatever Daisuke did seemed to help. “Well look at you out of your cave. So proud of you.” She walked over and ruffled her friends hair before excusing herself to run up and change out of her work clothes.

Halfway through changing into some comfortable clothes, an alarm went off and Akari raised a brow. What the hell was this about? She slipped on her slippers and headed downstairs quickly in her grey pj shorts and a large hoodie from college overtop. By the time she was back in the kitchen Crow was turning off the alarms and saying something to Daisuke.

“Daisuke is engaged?” Akari spoke with a raised brow and made her way over to where Crow had made drinks, getting herself one and waiting for the show to begin. This ought to be good. She slid into a spot besides Zuki and grinned, “Mind if I join you for this? I’m so ready to see him squirm for once.” She was almost having too good of a time watching Daisuke freak out, and almost as the world wanted to get back at her for it, the moment his fiancé ran in… Akari knew she was screwed as well.

“Actually on the other hand… being out by the pool seems nice. See ya!” The woman flipped her hood up over her short blonde hair and quickly slipped out of the house and into the backyard with her drink in hand. Honestly it was probably a little too quickly and she was just hoping she didn’t get caught. You see, Esme was also someone in Akaris past. Her family and Esmes were super close when they girls were young, they even spent some holidays together. Akari had never really been a big fan of Esme but the girl thought they were best friends! Akari hadn’t spoken to her in years so maybe things would be okay… maybe she wouldn’t even recognize her. But either way conversations from back then are not what she was looking forward to having.

Candy and Crow were by the pool and Asa had taken a seat nearby on the patio furniture. Akari found a chair with her back purposefully facing the house. “Guys as much as I want to see Daisuke struggle in there, you do NOT want that woman in your house trust me. She is too much to deal with.”

Kai / Jack of Clubs

It was lucky that someone arrived when they had, while planning this hit Kai had been worried he would have to stake out the gate for a while in order to sneak in. Crow had a very impressive security system, one that had worried Kai at first about this but soon he realized it’s one weak point was the front gate. It was unclimbable and had motion sensors yes but if he snuck in with an approved car he would be golden. So that’s what he did. The car he slipped in with sped off towards the house but Kai kept to the Shadows and approached the side.

The mission today was a fun one for him. Anything challenging was fun and this group was special. This group included some of the gangs most wanted adversaries. One of those was his own brother. He had no orders to necessarily kill anyone, they really just wanted to get their hands on Crows technology once again, but he also didn’t have any orders to NOT kill anyone so… we shall see how it goes.

Along the side of the house Kai found the breaker box and pulled out his tools, carefully clipping a bunch of the wires before ducking down and moving through the bushes. The aerial surveillance had shown a generator in the utility shed heading towards the backyard so that’s where he went next. That was an easy fix as well, nothing that an axe from the wall straight into the fucker wouldn’t stop. And now was when the real fun began. Crow had some next level tech but he learned from a man who had left the Suits behind some fun gadgets. One being the little transmitter that Kai laid on the ground. Once he pushed a button it would jam all the cell signals in the house.

After all his set up was complete, Kai pulled out his gun and snuck around the side of the building. There was a window open in an upstairs room that appeared to be a bedroom. He threw up his rope and hook, catching it on the ledge and pulling himself in. It sounded like everyone was downstairs so he made his way towards the noise, taking a look around at the bottom of the stairs, staying crouched and hidden as well as he could.

Kai was ready to go in with confidence until he saw Zuki there. What the hell was she doing in this house? It rattled him a bit but he shook it off and made his way through the room, finally only popping up when he was behind some small woman in bright yellow clothing. He wrapped one hand firmly around her mouth to muffle any noise before placing the gun to her temple and turning around to face the others in the room.

“Who wants to be a gem and find me Crow?”

Last edited:
Luna

Zuki wanted to enjoy this whole embarrassing fiancé ordeal, but Daisuke looked irritated and before she could say anything the power went out. Was it a power outage? The weather was clear, weather wasn't a factor. The generator quickly powered up the house once more, but within minutes the it was out again. A chill shot down her back and she tossed the icepack, reached underneath the crop top and pulled out the holstered gun. There weren't many people that would be able to break into this fortress but one came to mind and she hoped she was wrong. "Daisuke, take Esme and-" and then there was the voice she didn't want to hear. Her light brown eyes narrowed as she glared across the room at Lee as he held a gun to Emi's head.

"Esme, run outside and go get the guy with the bun. Now." Esme looked panicked and quickly disappeared from the room, leaving Zuki and Daisuke standing across the room from Emi and Lee. "Emi just be good and stand there. He won't hurt you, you're a defenseless idiot." Was she calling his bluff? Lee was a person she trained together with often and she liked to think that she knew him, but then again did she really know anyone in The Suits? "If you want a hostage you can take me, let the girl go." Zuki held up her hands to prove she wasn't going to shoot and then proceeded to holster her gun once more.

Crow

Wait, did Candy like him too? The thought made Crow's face light up a bright red. He had never had feelings for someone before; Crow was homeschooled by his dad, taught how to operate technology and code by his dad. His dad was part of this group and Crow wanted to be apart of the group as well. He had made Deedee for the group, but before he could give it to them his dad perished in the house fire. His dad said he needed to take the tech and money and hide. So that's what Crow did. Well, up until a few days ago when he saved Candy from the bar.

His train of thought completely flipped when his power went out. Okay, they had an occasional outage, but when the generator was cut off he quickly jumped up. Besides Candy the others had never seen Crow when he was threatened and honestly it was like a whole new person. Before he could even go inside the pink clad blonde was running outside in a panic, saying something about a guy with a gun against the girl in yellows forehead. "Asa stay here with the ladies, keep them safe okay? I'll take care of this."

Crow wasn't skilled with a gun or combat at all, and to be honest he didn't have very good stamina with being a shut-in. There wasn't much he could do against a gunman, but there was no way he was going to allow someone to come in here, ruin everyone's safety, and threaten his friends. With a deep breath he walked inside in time to hear Zuki offering to trade spots with Emi. "No, no one needs to be hostage. Who the fuck are you to come into my home like this? I assume you snuck in with the girls car. I give credit where credit is due and that was a smart move. What was your goal here?" His eyes narrowed at the oddly colored hair man.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back