• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fixers: Japan Edition

Characters
Here

Pax Pardus Hale

The Ink Shop
Set scene, New Tokyo year 2049. The lively city was said to never sleeps and is home to over 15 million people. The city held an entertainment district, residential districts were determined by social status and money. There were beautiful and luxurious homes in the upper class district with people who had money to burn known as Toyoka (affluent), the middle class district who had a comfortable life and led similar lives was called Nagi, which meant calm. The poor district, also known as Hora, which meant it was the horror district. It homed orphans, the homeless, drug dens, and other shady businesses. Human trafficking took place in the district, on the harbor they smuggled anything from drugs, weapons, even humans. It was illegal, but for some reason the authorities pay no mind to the crimes that happened in the district.

Our story follows several residents of the city. A lawyer, a criminal, a doctor, a rookie cop, a journalist, a hit man, a bar owner, and shut=in who happened to be a genius. They all lead different lives, they all had different backgrounds, and yet they all share a common goal. They all wanted to fix the atrocities that were happening in cities. An event happens to unite these individuals and brings them all to work together to bring down criminals all over the city and to bring justice to the wronged, no matter if they were rich or poor.

Using both talents and a special power will they be able to overcome the challenges they face? Will they meet their fate fighting for justice and the good of others? Let the story unfold and see the journey these individuals are about to embark on.

Last edited:
Sunny

Today started like every other day the last few years had. The chipper woman woke up early to make a healthy breakfast for her and Akari before seeing her off to work. She got ready for the day and dressed in black t-shirt, a bright yellow sweater, and black jeans paired with bright yellow sneakers. Her waist length was tied up into a ponytail with a yellow ribbon. After she washed the dishes she parted their small two bedroom apartment with her satchel on her side and locked up. Her first stop was to pick up the morning paper, the next stop was to drop off her latest article at her publisher. It was a piece written about the latest politician had their corruption come to light. It was justice, how those who were wrong hopefully would sleep better at night. She hoped people would help each other instead of hurt people.

Emi went to her usual coffee spot to read the paper. That was when her day took a turn, hust as she finished the paper. Suddenly she could see Daisuke Tanaka on a podium in the middle of Time Circle. He was talking about taking a big named Mobster to court, how he was going to pay for his wrong doings. Just as Daisuke finished up his heated speech a shot was fired and he was on the floor with a bullet in his head. It was then she found herself back in the coffee shop with her heart racing out of her chest. It wasn't often she found herself having visions of people she knew. Emi's parents were both politicians, she had known Daisuke and his family since she was young, he was like a older brother to her and she needed to prevent whatever was going to happen.

At that point Emi recycled her trash before her 5'1" slender frame took off towards the station. It had been seven years since Akari and Emi abandoned the life of the rich and fabulous, she tried her best to avoid contact with people in her old life. Akari was a cop, she had connections to Daisuke so it wouldn't be odd for the two of them to run into each other. "Good morning!" Emi waved to the officers in the station with a bright smile before walking back to the familiar desk. Emi was always at the station to deliver lunch, dinner, or breakfast depending on what shift her friend worked so everyone knew her already.

With a quick glance around the station she smiled brightly at Akari. She was the only one that knew she could see the future and she intended on keeping it like that. "Daisuke Tanaka comes to this station a lot right? Think you could talk to him for me?" her smile fell as she remembered the sight of him dead on the stage. "I seen his future and it wasn't a merry one."

Last edited:
Luna

The cops were just doing their job, unfortunately their job was to protect all of the wrong people. If you had money or your name was known then the police would defend them over the nameless. People in Hora disappeared and were murdered on a daily basis and the police were never there to protect those people. That's why Zuki did what she did. Was killing one person to save a hundred justifying what she did? She thought so, but according to the law she was wrong. Too bad Zuki didn't care what they had to say. Being brought to the country when she was 15 made her one of the nameless and faceless people and she took it upon herself to protect the people like her.

If there was ever a big name known to be mixed up with the trafficking murdered the police always took Zuki into custody. They never have proof, but the police were aware that she was deeply involved in the trafficking ring. She had no ID, she had no bank account, on paper it was almost like she didn't exist. So for a big name like Daisuke Tanaka to take her case was a big deal. They never made it to trial and the cases were always dismissed during preliminaries.

Last night she seduced a politician to get him alone and poison his tea. This morning she sat in a cell, and this afternoon she was getting dressed to leave the station. A white low cut tee, black shorts with black heels that made her 5'3" frame stand at 5'6", and an upside down cross necklace around her neck. Her long wavy raven black hair fell flawlessly down her back, her light brown eyes looked bored beyond belief. As she walked out of the changing room she gave a small smirk at Daisuke with a wink. "Well mister lawyer, you seemed to get me out before we had to go to court this time. I owe you big. Orange is not my color."

As that was said a girl in bright yellow zipped past the hallway the two stood in. "Speaking of, what a bright color of yellow. She must be making a statement."

Last edited:
Akari Akasaki

This morning started off no different than usual, Akari woke early and did her morning run before taking a shower and getting dressed for the day. Today her outfit consisted of her usual black slacks and a white turtleneck sweater, over that she would wear a long black coat and a pair of black flats. Her hair was kept chin length and neat though she did chose to pin some pieces back today. After she was ready she made her way to the kitchen and ate the breakfast Emi had prepared for her before quickly setting off to the city for her shift. Thankfully after this she had a few days off, the case she was currently working had her running ragged.

As soon as she got to work it was a whirlwind, it always was when Daisuke was here with any of his clients. He was famous which got him attention but also extremely annoying which made his attendance at the station even worse. Normally she didn’t have to deal with him often on homicide cases but this mobster he was trying to take down had a string of various crimes attached and was making them deal with one another more than she wished to. Today he was here helping out Zuki yet again and honestly Akari didn’t understand why they even arrested that woman anymore.

As she sat at her desk and shuffled through her paperwork she was suddenly met with the bright voice of her best friend. “Emi? What are you doing here it’s way too early for lunch.” The girl didn’t listen to a word Akari said which was typical and began rambling herself. The moment that the word future came up though Akari jumped up from her desk and yanked looked over the walls of her small cubicle to make sure no one was in listening distance.

“Emi we’ve talked about this you can’t just blurt that out, people will have you admitted.” Akari sighed and tucked some of her blonde hair behind her ear before crossing her arms over her chest. “He’s actually here today to deal with one of his more problematic clients but Emi …” Akari trailed off, she couldn’t just let Daisuke die, that would be wrong. But they also couldn’t tell him about the strange power of Emi’s. “Listen we just have to convince him to not do the press conference then right? I mean that’s when it happened, so if we avoid that we should be able to avoid the outcome.”

Out in the hallway Akari could hear the man’s voice speaking to Zuki. “Just- follow me.” She grabbed her phone from her desk as shoved it into her pocket as the two moved across the station to where they found the tall man and his client talking. “Excuse me Mr. Tanaka, I wanted to speak with you about your press conference coming up in a few days. I uh-“ Akari stalled for a moment to think, “Listen the high profile of this case has me worried about making anything too flashy. I mean we’ve been trying to arrest this guy and get him in court for months and I don’t want to do anything that spooks his men and causes anything to get worse.” That was good Akari! Honestly she wanted to pay herself on the back.

Doc

"Calm your loud mouth ass down; if you left the damn house to come to the bar with us then you could get there when you want. Until then, the meeting starts when I get there. Daisuke's going to be even more late than I am." It was 11 in the morning and Asa felt like the day should be over. He had been up since two this morning doing surgery. An emergency nose job for one of the elite, one facial reconstruction, and one clingy client. He was spent, and tired of bothersome people. One of the stunning things about his personality was he was a serious bitter, borderline rude at times grumpy guy.

But, dammit he was good what he did. He had a steady hand and an eye for the finer details; quite surprising when you look at where he came from. His talent allowed for him to be good enough to join his friends in the quest to rid the city of corrupted individuals. In his search he hoped to find the man who killed his parents and brother. Until then, this was how he lived. Being nagged by a shut in genius who had way too much on his hands in his ear. He was like a wife that he never asked for.

The 6 foot 5 clean cut, raven haired doctor walked into the bar they frequented. It was underground bar located in Hora, and every time he came he was hit with the thoughts of his brother. It's been like this for the last five years, but when Asa was a kid the owners of the bar was always kind to him and his brother. "Shadow, hey. Were you waiting long?" He approached the table the white haired male sat at and took his seat across from him. "Crow, what's Daisuke's ETA? I moved appointments around to free up my day for this, I thought he said he'd do the same."

Asa looked across the bar and gave a small nod towards the owner of the bar. "Candy you work more than I do I think. You need to take a break every now and then or you'll drop. Can I get a scotch on the rocks since I know you won't listen to anything I say though?"

Last edited:
Crow

"Oi, don't take that tone with me! I'm the boss here! Someone has to be here to keep watch of things!" Crow took a bite of the pizza as he flipped off his VR headset he used to look at the cameras of the city, it was like he was actually there. It wasn't like he couldn't leave the house, it was just...he didn't. Why would he? He had everything he needed here! Leaving was just ridiculous idea the others had been pushing on him for five years. He had stayed in this house for ten years, there was no reason for him to leave. He had to be here to continue his research into new jobs and quest for justice.

Everyone in the crew had an earpiece that they could use to contact one another with, and it was always handy when they were in a meeting that way they all heard him loud and clear. He was their fearless leader.

Crow stood to his full lanky height of 6'4" and flipped off the headset before giving a long stretch. "Daisuke's going to make the announcement tomorrow, that'll scare him and get him to try and go into hiding, and then boom we'll find him and get him to admit his crimes. Stocks will plummet, we'll make bank by buying their competitors stocks. We're talking big money and big win for the good guys here fellas."

Looking down at his digital watch he noticed the time. "Daisuke said he had something to do at the last minute, something about a client. He should be headed to the bar soon. Oh, give the bartender my regards and give her a nice tip for dealing with you boys. We owe her." He straightened out his gray sweater over his black tee and basketball shorts. His dark brown locks were tied into a messy bun on the top of his head.

Last edited:
Candy Ito

Candy was spending her day in the bar like she always did, she lived in the apartment just above it and had very little money for staff so most days it was just her and someone in the kitchen. So today she got ready for the day and headed downstairs, she normally wasn’t open until noon but the boys were coming in for a meeting. Today she had put her mint green hair into two braids that fell down her back and her bangs were straight cross her forehead. She wore a denim skirt with white stockings and a pair of black combat boots. On top she pulled on a fishnet top with a simple white t overtop. Then it was time to start her day…She didn’t mind, slowly this place was becoming her love. When her parents were still alive Candy never had any intentions of running this place, they knew that too and didn’t mind but when they met their untimely death it was left to Candy in their will… and she didn’t have the heart to sell it. Not that anyone would sell the rust bucket. The good thing about the place was that it was old and needed some help with updates, Candy LOVED tinkering with things. This place now had automated everything, patrons could order from their tables if they wished via a digital overlay in the tabletop. The sound system and security system were next level, though part of that she had to attribute to the Fixers. After Daisuke helped Candy get on her feet and scare away all the criminals from this place , he asked Crow to send over some equipment to amp up her security. Honestly after learning about what had happened to her parents she wanted to stay far away from the lifestyle a lot of the Fixers lived but… she couldn’t help but love what they stood for and she wanted to help them when she could. If she could give them a place to relax and good warm food every once in a while she would. Plus they weren’t too bad as people, well save for Asa.

Candy turned and rolled her eyes at the tall man leaning over her bar. Asa and his brother had been taken care of as children by her parents, she could remember them coming in for meals during the daytime before it got rough at night. “Listen you fake doctor if I haven’t dropped yet I’m not going to, plus I wouldn’t take health advice from you unless I needed a facelift, which I clearly do not.” She flashed the man a smile as she made up his drink and slid it across the counter. In her ear she heard a familiar voice ring out and she couldn’t help but giggle at the argument between the two men. “Calm down children, Shadow hasn’t been here too long and if he did mind I’m fairly positive he would definitely let you boys know.”

Candy wasn’t one of their group, more like an affiliate. That being said she got some of the perks! Like the fun earpiece. Whenever there was another worker in the bar she made sure to mute the audio through the security system and only use the ear piece. “Crow you really should have joined us today. Kenji is in the back making everyone hot pot for lunch and I know you’re just eating pizza at home.” Every chance she got she tried to lure him out, she had never met him but the two of them had a lot of similar interests and from the times she had talked to him he seemed really kind…

As if on cue her employee emerged with a tray of food and took it to the table, “You guys don’t owe me anything, it’s a pretty symbiotic relationship so don’t worry about it! Eat up guys. Hopefully Daisuke is here soon so it stays warm.”

Daisuke Tanaka

Daisuke was on top of the world, he was doing well on a huge case, possibly the biggest case he had ever had. Things were going well with the fixers and he had just yet again won another case for Zuki! It was amazing! And soon he would be holding a giant press conference to go over everything they had found on this asshole. It was amazing! Today he was having a meeting with the fixers at Candy’s bar but had gotten the news to head over to the station first since Zuki had been let out and called him for a ride.

“You know eventually I won’t be able to get you out of jail, one day they’re going to stop letting me defend you.” Daisuke chuckled and straightened out the tan coat that covered most of his 6’3” body, under it he wore a casual dress shirt and slacks as he wouldn’t be in court today. “Now come on let’s get you to your car.” Before the two of them could leave the station a blur of yellow burst past and Daisuke had to do a double take. Was that Emi? He hadnt seen her in years but honestly it had looked like her and the energy fit the bill. “Right orange. Uh let’s get going Zuki.”

Daisuke pulled his keys out from his pocket and the two of them were walking towards the door when he heard footsteps behind him and Akari’s voice. That woman always had it out for her he swore. “Akari, listen. I understand what you’re saying but you know me right? I’m the BEST, and not only the best but I’m also very very lucky.” He turned around with a smirk that was quickly wiped off his face and replaced with surprise. He was right about the blur of yellow, it was Emi. In his ear he could hear the quiet argument of his teammates ensuing about his tardiness and he let out a sigh. He would love to catch up but… now wasn’t the time he had business to attend to.

“Listen I’m really sorry but I have a meeting to get to and need to get Zuki out of here. But Akari please just trust that it will go okay. Let’s go Zuki.” With that he turned and left the police station, quickly getting in his car and speeding off towards their favorite meeting spot outside of their home.

When they pulled up and parked, Daisuke turned to Zuki with a grin. “Why don’t you come in for some food, I’m sure Candy would love to see you before you ran off to get into more trouble.” He got out of his car and headed down the steps to the bar, instantly being met with the liveliness of his friends, well besides Shadow who was quietly sipping his drink.

“Do not fear friends! I have arrived, and I have brought a friend!” Daisuke took off his coat and draped it over the back of a chair before grabbing a beer from Candy. “So where shall we start? I’d like to go over the details I need to share in the conference to make sure we don’t say too much. I’d also like to make sure we have funds ready to buy those stocks Crow mentioned.”

Kage;Shadow

Kage was fairly bored today, he had nothing on his docket for jobs and nothing particularly interesting to handle today in general. They were so close to finishing this thing with the mobster so Kage had been explicitly told to lay low and not cause any waves, so he did as he was told. Anyone turning up dead at this point would probably really mess things up for them. See Kage wasn’t a monster, or maybe he was, but he didn’t have a bloodlust, he was just talented and had a mission. These guys, Daisuke and the others, had a similar mission so it only made sense to align with them. The nice house that Crow let them live in was only added reason to hang out with these idiots.

Kage had been the first to arrive at the bar, which was fairly normal for him to be the only one on time anywhere, well except Crow how was always able to be on time from his computer chair. It wasn’t long though before the noise started, Crow on the ear piece and Doc in person. They were all just a lot sometimes. “Not long at all.” He let out a slow sigh as he set down the beer he had been drinking and turned his attention to the man joining them at the bar. “Oof, she seems to always put you in your place.” Kage raised a brow at the interaction between Candy and Doc, almost like siblings.

Eventually Daisuke joined them and suddenly they were pulled into a meeting of the Fixers. Kage sat back and ate, occasionally mumbling some form of response but honestly he was no real help with this sort of thing but they always made him join them anyways.

Sunny

"Oh come now, I could talk my way out of getting admitted." Emi gave a cheerful smile at her dear friend as she spoke, though the smile fell when she spoke about convincing Daisuke. Emi and Daisuke spent most of their childhood together and she was sure of one thing, once he set his mind to something he wouldn't change his mind. Emi was just like him in that aspect and that's why they got along so well. "Yeah in theory that'd be a great idea." Emi muttered to herself as Akari moved across the station. With a heavy sigh the short female made her way across the station as well, just in time to hear Daisuke basically wave Akari off and disappear with the intimidating woman. "That went over well, didn't it?" Emi gave a small giggle and gave her friend a pat on the back.

"He won't listen to reason. Guess I'll have to go convince him myself! Want to come?" Without waiting for a response she was taking off out the door and waving down a taxi. She was fully aware that Akari would join her on her grand adventure, she was always joining Emi and trying to get her to stay out of trouble. What was life if you didn't get into a little trouble? "Sir can you please follow that car?"

It didn't take long for them to get to their destination. Daisuke and Zuki walked into the bar and the taxi pulled up next to the sidewalk in front of the bar and Emi gave a small nod at Akari's warning. "Yeah, lay low, I got it. Don't worry! I'm a journalist, I'm basically a super spy." Emi paid the driver and hopped out of the car, her flats tapping as she ran down the steps into the bar.

Once inside Emi stayed in the entrance of the bar and tried to hide behind the wall so she could listen to her old friend chat with a room full of interesting people. She was doing good staying quiet up until he started talking about the details that he'd talk about in the press conference. "Oh!" This was her chance. Emi popped out from behind the wall and made herself known to the room. "Okay okay okay, just listen to me. I had Akari tell you to not to do the conference because I seen that you were shot during it. It was this morning during my coffee, it was terrible. You were on the stage with a bullet in your head bleeding everywhere and it was really disturbing."

It took a minute before she realized what she was saying probably didn't make sense. "Daisuke, you were at the conference in Time Circle and you were wearing a black suit, red shirt, gold tie. You were talking about Shiba Minamoto the politician, you were exposing him for being involved in the mob and being apart of the human trafficking ring. You were saying how his crimes will be exposed before you prosecute him, and-uh." Emi's face heated up and she gave a small nervous laugh. "I promise I'm not crazy, I just really don't want to see you die again."

Last edited:
Luna

"Yeah, yeah." Zuki gave a small eye roll as she followed Daisuke towards the exit. If Daisuke wouldn't be allowed to represent her then she would make everyone's lives Hell, and typically Hazuki was a pretty easy going person. Before they could take off though one of the familiar faced cops appeared and began rattling off why the popular lawyer shouldn't do a press conference. Daisuke was quick to wave her off, though.

"Bye bye kittens." Zuki gave a quick peace sign to the officer and her brightly dressed friend before following after her ride. The trip was quiet as she scrolled through the missed messages on her phone. Daisuke was a good person though she would never tell him, it would only boost his ego. He never once asked her if she committed the crimes, and she never once denied the crime to him. She was positive he knew the sins she was guilty of but he overlooked them. She appreciated that. Still, Zuki wasn't a chatty person and didn't find the need to make small talk.

Once they parked and exited the vehicle Zuki pulled out the keys to her black car, stopping when he suggested for her to come inside. It wasn't often she joined others; due to the nature of her employment and her associates she didn't find herself needing or wanting friends. It wasn't like many people approached her either, but for some reason that grin on her face won her over. What was wrong with her? "Uh, food and Candy. yeah."

With a small nod she made her way after him, giving a small yawn as she stood by the bar. "Make it something strong, I had another late night. " Zuki slid into one of the seats at the table to start putting some of the hot pot on a plate. Suddenly the walking smiley face was jumping out and went on a whole rant. At first it was comical, the chipper girl was talking about something happening to Daisuke. She was clearly a nut saying how she seen him getting shot, and someone should have called someone to have the girl mentally evaluated. But then what she said made her body go cold.

Hunting and killing human traffickers was her job, and Minamoto was the man she had been researching and watching in her free time for the past few months. Her boss's, however, told her to stop digging into it. They had been protecting certain individuals she had been tracking for nearly the past year but Zuki told herself she was being paranoid. This proofed that she was right on the money though. "Daisuke, you know guys like that are my MO. I want in on taking him out. You can't be dead for that."

Last edited:
Doc

Fake. Fucking. Doctor. It was a punch to the gut every time she said that. "A little botox then, perhaps. For those wrinkles. I provide a modest friends and family discount, my dear." He took the drink and proceeded to sit down with a small scowl towards Crow. "We've talked about this pizza thing, you seriously can't eat it every time we leave the house. I shudder at the amount of pizza boxes you produce. It is not good for your complexion or your heath. I understand that none of us know how to cook and we live on takeout, but alternate your choices." As the hot pot was delivered he gave a small nod of thanks to Kenji as he placed it in front of them. "Good luck getting him out of the house Candy, I don't think that man is ever leaving the house."

He picked a few pieces of meat off and put it on the plate in front of him, his deep slate colored eyes rolling as he heard Daisuke make his entrance. "It's like he knew the food was just delivered or something." Guest? He looked over at the supposed guest and gave a small wave to. Must have been the client he was always bailing out? From the rumors of her she wasn't a bad person, her cause was similar to theirs. As they carried out their discussion, mainly crow and Daisuke, he grumpily made a comment or two when addressed as he ate. When the girl jumped out though he nearly choked on the meal.

She was clearly delusional. With a heavy sigh he approached the girl and studied her face, looking over her head. "I don't see any injuries or blunt force trauma. Does that mean you need a psych eval? I'm not exactly a mental health doctor, but I know a guy. Would you guys like for me to make a call, get someone to pick her up?" His matter of the fact tone never waivered as he made his calculation of the girl. There was no way she could know their plans so insanity was the only logical conclusion.

Crow

"Hey hey hey, pizza has all of my food groups. You get a supreme and there are vegetables, I eat green things. I'm the picturesque of health. I even have a home gym. I, however, wouldn't mind you coming over and cooking for me, Miss Candy." Crow's tone had a winking tone to it as he tried to sound suave. One of these days she'd fall for his charm and come over to cook him dinner. She had to be close to giving in. Once she seen the house she'd never leave! He wanted to finally meet her after all these years.

Daisuke finally joined the meeting and mentioned bringing a friend. What friend's did he have other than them? He quickly zoomed in on the camera to see that this guest had long hair and looked like a girl. "Wait, a GIRL? Miss Candy is the only girl we usually have at meetings. Does this mean you have a girlfriend Daisuke? You haven't introduced her to us yet. Here I thought we were family." Crow finished off another slice of pizza as he returned the camera back to its normal angle. He went on about the money they were investing into the stocks and their over all profit before Daisuke took over.

Daisuke wasn't able to finish before a brightly colored female popped out on camera and nearly gave Crow a heart attack. "Wha- Oi, who told bumblebee the plan!? Do you all have girlfriends I don't know about? I am the boss here and I demand to be notified on relationship status's!" He zoomed in on the girl and instantly found her ID and ran a background check on her. "Emi Sato, 25 year old heiress. Apparently she ditched her money and ran away to Naga. Often seen in the park, the coffee shop, and the police station. Status is harmless. Doesn't look like any mental illness is in her background, maybe she's telling the truth?"

Last edited:
Candy Ito

It nearly made her cringe when the boys mentioned they only ate takeout. They were all ADULTS why couldn’t a single one of them cook. “It’s astounding you all aren’t dead.” Candy groaned and pulled a barstool over to her side of the bar and took a seat. They still weren’t open so she could relax a bit while the boys all had their meeting. In her ear she heard Crow call her Miss Candy and she nearly spit, every time he said it it caught her off guard. Throughout the day she would get used to it but the first time of the day was always surprising. “I cook for you all the time, you just don’t show up.” She spoke flippantly, a small smirk tugging on the corner of her lips before she cleared her throat as Daisuke and Zuki entered. “A free woman again I see?” Everyone reacted to the woman at Daisukes side strangely and it dawned on Candy that the others must have never met Zuki. “Daisuke must be embarrassed of you lot if you’ve never met Zuki, she’s like the woman most often in Daisuke’s life.”

Candy filled everyone’s orders as they calmed down and started their meeting. Most of the time she tuned them out and went about her day at the bar, this time it was no different. That is until there was a sudden noise and a yellow dash across the room. Soon a young woman was rambling away at the three men around the table and Candy found herself watching with her brows raised high. “Emi?” She came out from behind the counter as Asa approached the bubbly girl. She too had to admit that Emi didn’t seem to be making much sense, if any, but Candy knew the girl wasn’t crazy. “Hey get away from her Asa, she’s not crazy but I am concerned. Did you have a weird dream or something Emi, what are you doing here?”

Out of the corner of her eye Candy caught the sight of a very annoyed looking Akari walking towards them, she wasn’t surprised the two were rarely not with one another. “Oh Akari! I’m glad you’re here too because I would really use some help understanding what is going on with our friend here?” Candy shot the woman a “I think our friend is going crazy please tell me that’s not true look” before looking back at Emi and patting the small girl on the head, “Why don’t you have a seat and take a breath ok? I’ll get you some tea.” Candy left to the back to get some tea as Crow started rambling off his findings of Emi, only returning with the cup of warm tea once he was done. “Crows right, both Emi and Akari are harmless, Akari is a detective which is why Emi is there a lot. These girls come here to drink often after work and such, they’re sweet. And Emi may be… bubbly but I’ve never known her to be crazy.”

Akari Akasaki

“Emi! Emi hold on!” Daisuke promptly left with Zuki, barely listening to a word that Akari had said which wasn’t shocking but she was hoping he would at least entertain her thoughts. Of course Emi was off as well, Akari knew that they needed to do something but my god she wished Emi would think something through before acting. “I’m coming too!” She rushed to tell a coworker she was heading out before leaving the station to find Emi hailing a taxi. “You’re going to be the death of me you know?” She sighed and got into the taxi alongside her friend and soon the two of them were off, following Daisukes car.

Akari was slightly surprised when the car stopped at Candy’s bar, she hadn’t ever seen him at it before and she seemed to spend a fair amount of time there. Plus it was quite early in the day for a drink… the girls paid the taxi driver and exited the vehicle. Akari wanted to plan what they were going to do next but of course that wasn’t what Emi was going to do. “Just lay low please ? For my health…. Superspy.” Akari followed her friend with a sigh, slowly making their way into the bar and doing their best to keep quiet. Well that is until Emi burst out from their hiding spot without a moments notice.

Emi rambled and Akari groaned, slipping out from hiding and joining the surprising amount of people in the bar. A man that Akari instantly wasn’t a fan of approached Emi like she was a science experiment and she felt her lips turn into a scowl. Candy told him to back away and Akari took a mental note, it seemed everyone here was comfortable with each other, Candy included. That thought made her settle slightly, she was familiar with Candy and thought she was good people.

“Wait harmless, who said we were harmless… Crow? No one said anything Candy are you sure you aren’t the one losing it here?” Akari let out a curt chuckle, “I- listen.” She turned serious fast. “I know what Emi said sounds insane and impossible, I thought so too the first time she ever told me about it but…” she trailed off. It was hard to tell others, she didn’t want to and didn’t think Emi should either. People were hard to trust, they hurt you too often and let you down easily. Akari knew that all too well… but the fact of the matter was if she didn’t convince Daisuke to listen to Emi, he would die.

“Daisuke I tried to get you to stop your conference in an easier way but you just blew it off. We don’t know much, we don’t know who or why, but we do know when you get shot.” Akari looked at the man sitting at the table eating, his usually stupid grin was replaced with a look of bewilderment, “And you know I don’t like you so if I’m telling you something like this, you should know I mean it. Emi is a bit excitable but she means well. I don’t know what else to say you make you believe her.”

Daisuke Tanaka

The meeting started, then changed tides like a fucking hurricane. One moment they were talking and the next their meeting was being interrupted by the same bright yellow girl he had seen at the station with Akari. She was sharing a story with him as the main character, a story that involved way to many different details that should have been a secret to her. A story that revolved around him dying. When she was done the others all took it upon themselves to break into discussion, to believe her or not, was she crazy, who was she. One of this questions he could answer himself, he was right, it was Emi. She was a girl he knew from when he was young, their parents were friends back then. If now was her time to show back up in his life and this was the prank she chose to do, it would be very messed up.

“That. Is. So. Fucking. Cool.” Daisuke suddenly exclaimed, standing up from the table and rushing over to Emi, grabbing her by she shoulders after pushing past Asa. “Was it like a lot of blood? Were people sad that I died? Did I look cool or was it super lame?” He rambled on, honestly he wanted to know more. Seeing the future? That was fucking amazing! “Guys you’re all freaking out over nothing, this is cool! Imagine how much something like this could help us. Wait can you control it? Probably not right? Oh man that is COOL.” He paused for a moment, Emi and Akari actually might really be a help with this situation but… Emi was just a civilian and Akari was a officer, they didn’t live in their world or know how to navigate it. They could be putting them in a lot of danger by asking them to be around this lot at all.

Daisuke dropped his hands and let out a chuckle. “I mean I still have to do the conference though. We’ve come to far to not.” He crossed his arms over his chest and pursed his lips slightly as he tried to come up with a plan. “I mean someone clearly wants me dead, so… we just have to find out who. The best way would probably be to let them do it right?” Daisuke turned to Shadow, “I mean if it were you how would you kill me, or you Zuki, if either one of you were hired to kill me tomorrow how would you do it?” He turned his attention again, this time back to Akari and Emi before speaking, “Oh and obviously you two have to stay with us for now, you know way to much and I don’t know how much you listened to before you decided to pop out of your hiding spot. Crow? You can get some guest rooms ready yeah?”

Kage;Shadow

This all quickly got way too dramatic for Kaye’s liking so he made his way from the table and headed over to the bar, reaching over the top and grabbing the remote for the tv before clicking it on. As the others rambled on behind him Kage flipped through channels absentmindedly. The moment “bumblebee” and her partner entered the bar, Kage knew they wouldn’t be able to leave so he was simply waiting to see if it would be a him problem or not. His hand was trained on his gun in case anyone tried to run and his placement at the bar was closer to the exit than where the others were talking. Kage would never shoot a civilian but he wasn’t afraid to be scary and threatening if need be.

Daisuke was overly excited about this whole “seeing the future thing” and Kage was overly skeptical, no he was probably the right amount of skeptical but the fact was he purely didn’t care. Somehow this girl knew way too much and she had a cop friend on her side. That wasn’t a good combo for them. “I don’t know if inviting bumblebee and her her sidekick Sherlock to live with us is the answer here Daisuke.” Kage finally chimes in when Daisuke mentioned spare rooms to Crow, that would only lead to these two women knowing more. But even with his warning he knew that Daisuke would do whatever he wanted.

“Oh shit look at that.” Kage’s attention was briefly caught by the scene on the tv he was scrolling through. On the display was a roaring orange fire, one that was bigger than any infrastructure fire he had even seen. It was some apartment complex and the cops were calling it a total lose with multiple casualties and injuries. “Rough.”

Sunny

Despite most of the negative reactions, like a ray of light, Daisuke was jumping up and asking a questions. He believed her? Of course he did! Daisuke was far more sensible than the others were obviously! “Exactly Daisuke, you get it! There was so much blood and you were super dead, I was so sad when I realized what happened. And of course everyone was sad!” A bright smile returned to her face. He was like her trustworthy big brother! “They’re pretty random I think, but they aren’t wrong when I avoid acknowledging them. If you do the conference you need a strong helmet to repel the bullet back at him!” Then there he went mentioning someone named Crow. “Who’s this Crow guy? And I have responsibilities at our apartment, I have a-“ Out of the corner of her eye she could see the blazing fire on tv, and as she turned to see where it was she lost her train of thought. “Wait that’s our place!”

Emi knew she was told she’d have to wait there but this took precedence. Suddenly she booked it out of the bar and ran as fast as she could three blocks over, huffing and panting as her legs dropped her in front of the police barricade. Even if she wanted to try and go inside for Akari’s ring there was no way she’d get inside, everything was engulfed in flames. Everything was replaceable save for one thing in the apartment. “Oh no…” Just as she found herself tearing up something soft rubbed against her hand.

--

“Here you go Gus Gus! Enjoy, and make sure you thank mister Crow for letting you stay here too." As she sat a small plate of shredded fish and vegetables down she gave the soft fluffy fur of the Siamese cat a quick pet. It wasn't like their new landlord welcomed the cat with open arms, he didn't seem a fan of pets. But Gus Gus was HOMELESS. Their home had burned, the fluffy little cat lived in the alley and Emi fed him everyday and he had no where to go! He wasn't very old and he would never have survived on his own! Everyone felt guilty, Emi begged Crow quite a bit, and he finally caved.

The house was huge, it was almost as big as the house she grew up in. The kitchen was beautiful and completely stocked with food and high quality ingredients. Sadly it appeared that the stove had never been used. Crow said that he kept the fridge stocked just in case they wanted to cook, but that they always just ordered food instead. It was truly a crime. So Emi got up a bit earlier than usual to make breakfast for everyone. Rice, miso fish, soup, tofu, vegetables, a few side dishes, and she even made cute little rice balls. Emi already had bento boxes packed for everyone's lunch and tucked away in the large fridge.

"Guys, breakfast is ready!" Her brownish red hair was tied up in a bun and she wore a tight black knee length dress Zuki gave her. Her article was ready to be turned in and she was ready to go, however, she was told they needed to talk in the morning and that Emi wouldn't be allowed to wander around by herself for a while. With a small sigh she finished setting the table, wrecking her brain on how she'd be able to convince Crow that she wouldn't need a supervisor.

Last edited:
Luna

Despite being a professional killer Zuki still had a heart, and what happened to the girls was just heartbreaking. They were left with nothing but the clothes on their back. Well, and a cat. If Crow would have refused the cat she would have to show up and kick his ass. Thankfully he took the girls and the cats in. The girls got their own rooms near each other, and as nice as that was it didn't cover the whole clothes issue. fortunately for them Zuki had a bad habit of spending most of her money on clothes. Her fancy apartment and car were paid for by the people she worked for, most of her commission went towards the bad habit of buying clothes and accessories. Most of them were brand new with tags on them, though almost everything was black.

Clothes were clothes though so she went and retrieved a few bags of clothes before going to the address Daiuske had given her. The house was massive and it was surprising that four boys lived in the hose by themselves. By the time she had arrived it was already late and she ended up staying the night, Crow saying something like she was involved with their business now and she had to stay with them for a while. Zuki did what she wanted, but as of now her schedule was clear. So she stayed.

Typically she slept until noon but Emi's voice echoed throughout the house and woke her up. Why was she so loud so early? With a heavy sigh Zuki quickly got ready with a pair of cut up black jeans and a black crop top, she quickly brushed out her long black hair then took off down the stairs. "What a set-up." Just like the boys Zuki lived on takeout, occasionally getting a home cooked meal at Candy's. Who hade the time to cook anymore? "I can't believe you talked the shut-in into taking the cat in, too." Zuki grabbed a water out of the fridge before sitting down at the table to wait for everyone.

Doc

As much as this was a bad idea they really didn't have any options. What were they going to do? Have Shadow watch their movements? The girls didn't even have a home and the guys weren't a heartless bunch. So, that's how they ended up with three girls and a cat coming to live with them. By the time they got the girls all settled into their new rooms and Zuki had brought them some clothes it was already late. What a busy, busy day.

Asa's day didn't end there though. With the 'news' of Daisuke's death they had to remain vigilant and one up the killer. They wanted to kill Daisuke and Daisuke still wanted to do the press conference; there was no talking him out of it, he had already amped himself up to do it. Asa had to prepare a realistic protective prosthetic that would make it appear that a bullet did actually penetrate his skull. That meant a late night for the overworked doctor.

By the time Emi's voice echoed through the spacious home he had dozed off at the desk for maybe an hour or so. He was exhausted but, hey, the prosthetic was done and ready for fitting. He quickly got ready for the day, donned his quintessential suit and fixed up his recently trimmed hair, then took off with the prosthetic in hand. "It's nice to have breakfast, our usual breakfast joint doesn't deliver until 11. By then though I believe it's considered lunch." He glanced into the kitchen to see the cat eating and he couldn't help but laugh to himself. Asa poured himself a cup of coffee before sitting down and waiting for the others. "Are the others awake yet?"

Crow

If 100 women wanted to come live with Crow he was AOK with it. A cat? Those things were evil. First off, they shit in the house in a box. Disgusting. Second off, those cretins were basically a step above vermin. They were vile, and he wanted nothing to do with them. If they wanted something soft he would have gotten them a blanket. Even the guys were teaming up with the girls against him though! Come on Crow, the house is big enough for one cat. You'll hardly see him. It was the fact that he knew the little devil was there! Besides, animals never really liked Crow. Hey, that was fine. The feeling was mutual. The girl sounded sweet, and their home had just burned down, and even miss Candy was on his back! So, in the end, the cat came to live at the mansion with everyone.

Crow stayed up most nights and if there wasn't a job he'd sleep all day. Last night was nothing out of the norm; he slept until Candy closed the bar, stayed in his office right off of the living room and played games all night with her. She gave him grief on how he needed to be nice to the girls, how they were sweet and weren't used to guys like them. The one was a cop, she had to have a spine! The one in black was mean looking, and the other one was if the sun was a person. He was pretty sure he could insult her and she'd find it as a compliment. Still, Crow was a gentleman and he swore he'd be nice. Gentleman's code of honor.

He was also an awkward shut-in, so when he heard someone yell out for breakfast he blinked a few times. "Breakfast? So early?" It was only 7 in the morning! Most of the house was still asleep at this time. "Oi, what do you mean breakfast is ready?" He jumped out of his comfortable chair at his desk and sat down his controller, clicking a button on the earpiece in his ear to send Candy's voice through the speaker. "And what's that demon doing in the kitchen? I'll look it over this time since you made breakfast, but just know I'm watching that thing." He glared at the cat across the room as he took a seat at the head of the table. "Miss Candy if you're so worried about the girls you could join us! Come meet the love of your life, eat some yummy looking food, check on your girls. It's a win win."

Candy

Candy couldnt believe what had happened to the girls, between Emi's traumatic vision then the fire and losing all their belongings. It was truly terrible. The two girls ended up leaving that evening with the Fixers, well with the boys and a very adorable cat named Gus Gus that had apparently been a stray from around their apartment complex. A stray that Crow was VERY against having in his home, the idea that he hated animals made her chuckle. There was no way, he probably just didn't understand how animals worked.

That night Candy had stayed at the bar, working while keeping in touch with the group via her cell phone or the small ear piece. Most of the night was pretty slow, she didnt have a lot of customers that day and for about the last hour she was completely alone before locking the doors and heading upstairs to her apartment. Candy was a night owl, as one would assume of a bar owner, normally her bar didnt even open until 5 pm but today had been an anomaly for their meeting. That meant that normally she stayed up until the wee hours of the morning and slept during the day. That created a long standing habit of playing games on her PC with Crow.

The next morning they took a break when Crow said something about breakfast, "What are you talking about?" In the background she could hear some commotion but wasn't sure what it was. Then it dawned on her. "Oh! Right you guys aren't used to people who wake up at normal hours of the day. Though I guess I cant talk." She chuckled and set down her controller before moving from her desk over to her small kitchenette, "Breakfast actually sounds good, I assume it's Emi cooking for you guys then?" She opened the mini fridge and pulled out some milk to make herself a bowl of cereal quick. Crow must have switched a setting on the earpiece because now she could hear the whole room, including the small meow from the aforementioned beast. "Good morning everyone!" She chimed in a singsong voice as she dropped down onto her bed with her breakfast.

Crow started in with his usual flirting and Candy felt her face grow warm. It wasn't that she didn't want to go over there, she really did want to. She liked all the boys, she wanted to meet Crow more than she could explain but... she wanted to make him leave the damn house! "Crow as much as I would love to meet Gus Gus in person, I can't go over there today. So you'll just have to deal with me on the ear piece or texting you guys all day to make sure no one has bothered a single hair on those girl's heads. Capice?"

Akari

Daisuke's reaction absolutely FLOORED Akari, he BELIEVED it and was EXCITED? What in the ACTUAL fuck. Honestly she was so stunned that for a while as everyone clammored she just sat there and stared, how was this happening? Was Daisuke passing some time while one of the other men called for a social worker or psychiatrist. That man that had walked up to Emi first was probably sitting at the table texting some doctor friend about the crazy woman at the bar or something. Then something pulled Akari out of her thoughts, wait... did Zuki just say she wanted in on killing someone? Who were these people? And the man at the bar... the one that had moved away from the group, Akari eyed him and noticed he was sitting with his hand resting against a handgun at his waist. Candy didn't act like these people were dangerous but quickly Akari was discovering that her and Emi may be in real trouble here.

"Emi, listen Daisuke heard your story I think we should go back to the station now." Akari shifted her weight and slowly moved her hand to the gun at her own waist, Daisuke mentioned that the two knew too much and would have to go with them and it turned her from cautious to angry. "Who the fuck do you think you are to tell us what to do? I've always told everyone at the station you were a SHADY fucking lawyer and it really seems like I'm correct."

Akari didnt get a chance to say more though because suddenly Emi was dashing off somewhere again. "Emi Sato ! Stop it ! Do you not realize the situation you are i-" Her voice trailed off when she realized what Emi was talking about, her heart dropped and a small part of her felt completely hopeless. They were in a weird situation, their home was gone... everything they owned was probably lost too. Including her ring... It was her mothers, not that they were ever close since her mother died with Akari was only 2 but... it was all she had.

-

Emi must have thought about the same thing because she went running from the bar without a thought, it resulted in nearly everyone but Candy following them to their apartment, thankfully it wasnt too far from the bar. It was a sight to see for sure, the flames were so strong they hurt even standing behind the police barricades.

Akari was so numb to everything after that, that she agreed to go to this guy Crow's house without another thought. It wasnt like the really had a choice anyways. The house was huge, clearly this guy was loaded and Akari had to assume it was for nefarious means. They were each given a gorgeous room to stay in, nicer than any hotel she had ever been able to afford, and Zuki had been nice enough to run to her place to bring the girls clothes. Despite how nice everything was, it was hard to sleep that night. Everything from the day weighed on her mind heavily but finally the sheer comfort of the bed made her succumb to sleep.

In the morning Akari woke at 6 am like usual, though today she assumed she wouldnt be allowed to go on her run. So instead she found some clothes to put on, finally settling on a pair of black jeans and a plain black v neck. Zuki was a bit smaller and shorter than Akari, Akari stood at 5'7 and was a fairly well built woman being a cop, which made the clothes a bit tighter than she was normally comfortable with. Her face was bare and her hair pulled back in a tiny nub of a pony tail. As soon as she was done she heard Emi's voice chime from downstairs... why was she making breakfast for these people? Sure they gave them a place to stay when they lost her home but did she remember that these people were pretty much planning on kidnapping them?

Heading down to the kitchen she found a few of the group already there, Crow was present and talking to someone over a speaker that sounded like Candy. "Morning." She said simply before sitting down at the table with a grunt. There was nothing more she really had to say for now. She planned to try and listen more than anything to figure out the situation they were in.

Daisuke Tanaka

Daisuke knew that getting them to come to the house would be a chore but he didnt want their apartment to catch on fire and be the only real reason they had to come to the house. He knew how they must look, Akari wasn't stupid and she was trained to find criminals. Shadow was a scary looking dude who was a little trigger happy and didnt trust anyone so the guy was already waiting with his hand at his firearm, Doc was well... for sake of no better words a complete asshole and Crow was... Crow. Just an odd duck. They surely didnt seem like the most trustworthy crew at first glance but Daisuke knew none of them would ever hurt an innocent person, these girls were just in a shitty situation. But that didn't mean Daisuke could chance them messing up their mission.

So after some convincing on all parts, convincing Crow to allow the cat was honestly the hardest, they were back at the mansion and getting settled for the night.

Daisuke was an early riser, normally getting up around 7 and working on some paperwork in his office before heading to actual work but this morning when he woke up he instantly heard someone yell that breakfast was ready. Breakfast wasn't a thing that happened in his house so one could say that he was quite shocked. Instead of his normal morning routine he instead quickly rolled out of bed and headed downstairs after brushing his teeth and hair quickly. Home Daisuke was a much different picture than the man people saw in the courtroom, his hair was messy and he wore glasses instead of contacts. His pajamas consisted of old worn down plaid pj pants and a black hoodie.

"Smells good!" Daisuke chimed as he entered the kitchen, Doc and Crow were present from his crew already, as well as Zuki. Candy was on the speaker he assumed and the girls were both here already too. "Appears I'm near last to the party. Though don't count on Shadow coming down, he doesnt like mornings or people." He chuckled and sat down in front of the impressive spread after grabbing a cup of coffee. "Crow calm down about the cat, you'll be best friends in no time I bet, I mean you will be spending the most time together since you never leave the house either. Actually you two should have a lot in common."

"Emi, thank you for cooking breakfast and making some use out of that kitchen, Crow spent so much on making it top of the line just for it to sit there most of the time unless we decide to eat our take out here. It looks amazing really." Daisuke spoke with a smile before looking over at Doc and having his face instantly change, "And you look tired as hell, I assume that means your idea was a success? We can go forward with the conference later today... without me dropping dead hopefully?"

Kage;Shadow

This wasn't going to end well... Kage couldn't handle jumpy people, he was normally so cool headed but god dammit when that stupid little ball of sunshine went darting out of the bar he nearly shot her out of habit. You don't leave anyone who could get revenge alive, that was what his mother always said. He didn't think that girl would be the type to get revenge, especially not from this small interaction and Daisuke's "polite" threat... but still. "I don't like having civilians around this shit Daisuke, and this is why." Not to mention the cop... why the FUCK would they take a cop into the house?

No one listened to him of course, which was typical, if he was honest he wasnt the planner or good at coming up with ideas unless it involved an assassination. Daisuke was the planner, Crow was their leader sure but mostly because he had the money, house and was the loudest. So when Daisuke said the girls AND cat were coming to live with them for now, Kage knew that was what was going to happen no matter his protests.

As soon as they got back to the house that night, Kage went to his room. That was where he planned to stay until it was go time for their mission. He slept until he was woken up by the yelling from downstairs and simply rolled his eyes before making his way over to his desk. Kage was skeptical about Emi's powers but her threat wasn't one she could ignore, they couldn't afford to lose Daisuke and honestly the man was his best friend... he didnt WANT to lose him. So, he studied. On his computer he pulled up maps of the area the press conference was due to be held and started looking for buildings the potential shooter could have been in. From the floor below he could hear the slight murmurings of the group and could smell the food but Kage wasn't a big "family meal" guy, plus when he put his mind to a mission he was fully consumed by the thought. He would eat when they were back home tonight with Daisuke alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back