Other First Language

Some of us must be lurking around here somewhere. *shifty eyes*

Look, we got another one. :D  

[SIZE=14.6667px]Crud, you guys found me! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]...actually, I'm a lot of things. How about I just say I'm "Eurasian" and we keep it simple? xD [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]My first language was baby talk, so pardon my English. :P [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Okay, apparently that doesn't count, so I'll say "English".[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Crud, you guys found me! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]...actually, I'm a lot of things. How about I just say I'm "Eurasian" and we keep it simple? xD [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]My first language was baby talk, so pardon my English. :P [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14.6667px]Okay, apparently that doesn't count, so I'll say "English".[/SIZE]

We. Are. Everywhere. *queue Are You Afraid of the Dark theme*

Cantonese.

But only as a spoken language though, my parents never taught me the writing and I grew up in a mix of English and Irish culture and language.

So many different languages! 

Ahah, I'm happy that I'm most likely the only one on the site with my mother tongue xD

@Obsessed Yeah I still dabble in it but mostly just to converse with my Grandparents.

English most, if not all the time with an inkling of Hindi (Quite a few Indian friends).

How about you Kid? (By which I mean if you are an active first lang speaker?)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Heisenberg ah okay ;D

@Mathias No Bias Yes, I am an active first language speaker. I speak Bisaya (dialect. Tagalog is my national language) everyday. I only speak Tagalog when I talk to other Filipino people who can't speak Bisaya (which is rare since i dont go outside :))) and English to foreign nationalities and here. 

Believe it or not, I was born in Mindinao, but I was raised in Manila, so I speak and write Tagalog. My mom speaks Bisaya though and I can roughly understand. Gamay ang alam ko.. hopefully gamay meant small in Bisaya haha ok but now I live in America. I can still speak it and write Tagalog somewhat clear. I'm kinda getting white-washed lol which makes me sad ;(

Believe it or not, I was born in Mindinao, but I was raised in Manila, so I speak and write Tagalog. My mom speaks Bisaya though and I can roughly understand. Gamay ang alam ko.. hopefully gamay meant small in Bisaya haha ok but now I live in America. I can still speak it and write Tagalog somewhat clear. I'm kinda getting white-washed lol which makes me sad ;(

Yes, gamay means small lol. I was born and grew up in Visayas, my dad in Mindanao (he speaks Bisaya too ;p). After I finished 6th grade, I transferred in the Middle East and was homeschooled. I think I'm going back to Philippines next year xd. 

Don't your parents talk Tagalog in your house? or something. 

Yes, gamay means small lol. I was born and grew up in Visayas, my dad in Mindanao (he speaks Bisaya too ;p). After I finished 6th grade, I transferred in the Middle East and was homeschooled. I think I'm going back to Philippines next year xd. 

Don't your parents talk Tagalog in your house? or something. 

Of course they do, but I respond with English most of the time. So over time, I got more and more bulol?? hehehe x3 pero marunong naman ako, gamay Lang jajaja

Of course they do, but I respond with English most of the time. So over time, I got more and more bulol?? hehehe x3 pero marunong naman ako, gamay Lang jajaja

Ah hahaha :P  do you still visit Philippines?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back