• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fire Emblem: The New World

SirBlazeALot said:
they're chillin in the overview.
i was just there, they're making margaritas better hurry they're almost out of jose cuervo.
Ah, I found them right after I posted that. Thanks though

@LupusDeUmbra @SubstituteHero

Ok, the lore page is up y'all. If you have any qualms let me know.

@NetherLightGod There was talk of Sakura and Isaac being teamed up? Except Sakura's from Herranow. Would you like to alter her background to be from Wynda so she can be a member of the Wynda Resistance with Isaac or nah?

NetherLightGod said:
Yeah, I changed her country of Origin to Wynda.
Alright she's headed on the list.

BTW...Whisper is one of my faves that I came up with*, I'm glad you made a character for it :D

Ok guys all the basics are up.

Map? Check

Accurately defined settings? Check

Lore page? Check

Clear/concise Sign Up page? Check

Rules? Check

Monsters? Check

Plot? Check

Palenian Lord. The opposite of a check.

AND SO WE BEGIN RECRUITMENT.

To any and all who want a Fire Emblem RP, or even just a high fantasy RP

I'M SO GLAD WE CAN START SOON.

Don't get me wrong, putting this together has been fun...

But when we can finally start and see all the work we put in turning into a good time?

That'll be awesome.

Thank you so much everyone for participating in these beginning stages. Now lets get some motherfuckers to play with us.

@BishopOfKings @LupusDeUmbra

Ah, That's right. You made me demote her (Sakura's) class to thief. You said " I'll let this character be grandfathered in as a whisper, as long as you promise not to God Mod, yeah?"

I'm not even sure what Grandfathered means.

NetherLightGod said:
Ah, That's right. You made me demote her (Sakura's) class to thief. You said " I'll let this character be grandfathered in as a whisper, as long as you promise not to God Mod, yeah?"

I'm not even sure what Grandfathered means.
She can stay a Whisper cause that was my bad, I totally told you guys to make characters at a certain point, and when you made her, I had fucked up and forgot to put "Thieves promote to Smugglers or Whispers" which is the main signal for what is and is not a promoted unit. And you had worked so hard on the lore and it was intertwined in the character's history so I would've felt like a shitstain if I made you turn her into a thief.

To be "Grandfathered In" means like...say you've been a member of Netflix for a while, and you've been paying 7$ a month for the service. A couple years later, Netflix raised it's price to 10$, however, because you were a member before that policy was in place, you still get to pay 7$ instead of 10$. That's what it means, ya feel? So since I DIDN'T PROOFREAD LOL but I still told you guys to make characters, then there was no clearly defined way you could've known that Whispers are promoted units, especially since I made it up, so that's why I let it slide.

Besides its not like Fire Emblem games don't have units that arrive as promoted units anyway.

SirBlazeALot said:
She can stay a Whisper cause that was my bad, I totally told you guys to make characters at a certain point, and when you made her, I had fucked up and forgot to put "Thieves promote to Smugglers or Whispers" which is the main signal for what is and is not a promoted unit. And you had worked so hard on the lore and it was intertwined in the character's history so I would've felt like a shitstain if I made you turn her into a thief.
To be "Grandfathered In" means like...say you've been a member of Netflix for a while, and you've been paying 7$ a month for the service. A couple years later, Netflix raised it's price to 10$, however, because you were a member before that policy was in place, you still get to pay 7$ instead of 10$. That's what it means, ya feel? So since I DIDN'T PROOFREAD LOL but I still told you guys to make characters, then there was no clearly defined way you could've known that Whispers are promoted units, especially since I made it up, so that's why I let it slide.

Besides its not like Fire Emblem games don't have units that arrive as promoted units anyway.
Got it!

Usually, there's one promoted unit for each lord unit in the game.

[QUOTE="Kalin Scarlet]Usually, there's one promoted unit for each lord unit in the game.

[/QUOTE]
Pretty much, this.

For the RP I wanted most everyone to be un-promoted because I feel like class promotion is a fantastic metaphor for how a character develops throughout a story.

And also to prevent God Modding

@LupusDeUmbra

So as long as your characters show some character development and don't god-mod it's all gravy

@LupusDeUmbra lol.

Basically, Hope will be accompanying Karno and Vira and whatever other bodyguards they have to Herranow to join the assembly.

SirBlazeALot said:
Pretty much, this.
For the RP I wanted most everyone to be un-promoted because I feel like class promotion is a fantastic metaphor for how a character develops throughout a story.

And also to prevent God Modding

@LupusDeUmbra

So as long as your characters show some character development and don't god-mod it's all gravy

@LupusDeUmbra lol.

Basically, Hope will be accompanying Karno and Vira and whatever other bodyguards they have to Herranow to join the assembly.
ooooooops :P lol

Suzumaki Arakai] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/18384-sirblazealot/ said:
@SirBlazeALot[/URL] I was gonna join xD even though I know not shit about Fire Emblem but...it seems like I'd have a lot to learn. :c dammit Blaze why!!!! WHY!!!! I love you still!
Shhhhhhhh it's all good...

I can condense this shit in like 5 sentences.

SWORD BEATS AXE, AXE BEATS LANCE, LANCE BEATS SWORD

LIGHT BEATS DARK, DARK BEATS ANIMA, ANIMA BEATS LIGHT

OH LOOK A REGULAR DUDE, A PART ANIMAL DUDE AND A DRAGON DUDE

NO GOD MODDING

MAKE A CHARACTER SHEET

S1VFKt3.gif

SirBlazeALot said:
Shhhhhhhh it's all good...
I can condense this shit in like 5 sentences.

SWORD BEATS AXE, AXE BEATS LANCE, LANCE BEATS SWORD

LIGHT BEATS DARK, DARK BEATS ANIMA, ANIMA BEATS LIGHT

OH LOOK A REGULAR DUDE, A PART ANIMAL DUDE AND A DRAGON DUDE

NO GOD MODDING

MAKE A CHARACTER SHEET

S1VFKt3.gif
*RIPS HAIR FROM SCALP* Hmmm...lemme think on it. I have to do this calmly. *APPLIES EIGHT POUNDS OF PRESSURE TO EARS*

[QUOTE="Suzumaki Arakai]*RIPS HAIR FROM SCALP* Hmmm...lemme think on it. I have to do this calmly. *APPLIES EIGHT POUNDS OF PRESSURE TO EARS*

[/QUOTE]
HERE'S A SONG I PLAY WHENEVER I WANT TO BE CALM

[media]

[/media]
but srsly, i feel you if you don't wanna do it that's a fuckton of reading.

don't worry i'll always love you suz.

6ever.

Calming songs? I'm in!

Also: That's more than 5evar

[media]

[/media]

Hey, I can't help myself I'm making the Vicar. Whoops~

FireEmblem7_VicarSprite_zpskvzwcy58.png

Hey guys, what do you think? This is what I want my Vicar to be, please stop me now if you don't want one of the central figures of the rp to be a self-righteous "blind" man who treats magic, religion, and science like the same entity. Also, any recommendations for the weapons given to him as part of his Lord class?

I apologize for my absence, I was on my way home from vacation and didn't have Wi-Fi in the vehicle... However, I was able to complete a Class list that, to me, seems to be a tad easier to follow as far as promotions go... Rather than having each branch have its own color, I assigned Tiers to each section... For example, Tier 1 is things like the noob classes, non-promotional classes, Lord, and explorer... This doesn't mean they're all on the same skill level, it just means that they are the starting points for each branch... They are the lightest color... Then tier 2 is a color of medium value, then tier 3 is the darkest... There are a few exceptions in branches that only have 1 or 2 Tiers, but the theme is still light value for lower tiers darker value for higher tiers... And for you visual learners, let me go grab the link to the Google doc

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Bf4g9lWp4Fjl-RS8JQAh1jkYrAac90iuJvuYU9_8JI/edit?usp=docslist_api

I worded this pretty much exactly how it is currently typed... The only exceptions are that I made tiny edits here and there to make certain things more grammatically correct and easier to read... Also, I made things more unified and rather than certain classes saying "promotes to" and other classes saying "can promote to" they all say "promotes to" ... Same thing with any branch that has a noob class... They all say "This is the noob class for ______ characters"... Also a few of the classes had extra information after listing possible promotions, I switched so that every promotable class lists the promotions at the very end of its description

SubstituteHero said:
Calming songs? I'm in!

[media]

[/media]

Hey guys, what do you think? This is what I want my Vicar to be, please stop me now if you don't want one of the central figures of the rp to be a self-righteous "blind" man who treats magic, religion, and science like the same entity. Also, any recommendations for the weapons given to him as part of his Lord class?
uhm, well, that depends on what he is like as a person. I might have to change hope a bit.

SubstituteHero said:
Calming songs? I'm in!

[media]

[/media]

I can't even begin to describe how much win that song is with the gif.

And that's pretty much exactly what I wante the Vicar to be.

Mage Lords aren't very common so we get a lot of wiggle room with this guy.

Pick two magic disciplines. Anima/Dark? Cool. Light/Dark? Cool. Staves/Light? Any two you want.

He gets one special tome that works similar to a Rapier, extra effective against armor dudes and dudes on horses. (Basically this guy could pretty much rip armor bros a new one since they're not exactly known for their resistance lol)

@SubstituteHero[/URL] and kinda work together to make their backstories line up.

LupusDeUmbra said:
I apologize for my absence, I was on my way home from vacation and didn't have Wi-Fi in the vehicle... However, I was able to complete a Class list that, to me, seems to be a tad easier to follow as far as promotions go... Rather than having each branch have its own color, I assigned Tiers to each section... For example, Tier 1 is things like the noob classes, non-promotional classes, Lord, and explorer... This doesn't mean they're all on the same skill level, it just means that they are the starting points for each branch... They are the lightest color... Then tier 2 is a color of medium value, then tier 3 is the darkest... There are a few exceptions in branches that only have 1 or 2 Tiers, but the theme is still light value for lower tiers darker value for higher tiers... And for you visual learners, let me go grab the link to the Google doc

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10Bf4g9lWp4Fjl-RS8JQAh1jkYrAac90iuJvuYU9_8JI/edit?usp=docslist_api

I worded this pretty much exactly how it is currently typed... The only exceptions are that I made tiny edits here and there to make certain things more grammatically correct and easier to read... Also, I made things more unified and rather than certain classes saying "promotes to" and other classes saying "can promote to" they all say "promotes to" ... Same thing with any branch that has a noob class... They all say "This is the noob class for ______ characters"... Also a few of the classes had extra information after listing possible promotions, I switched so that every promotable class lists the promotions at the very end of its description
I'm digging it, this is a lot more concise.

A few things though.

@SubstituteHero is taking care of all our Bardly needs so make it pretty clear that we're not accepting anymore Bards. It'd be awkward to have a bunch of dudes running around singing and shit.

And I changed my mind for the Dancer's weapon, they use LANCES now, and make sure it specifies that the dancer must be from Aquano.

Other than that this is pretty rad :D Good job Lup

And also once Sub names the Vicar, we can replace "Lord of Palenia" with his name. The parts that say Lord of Fuccino can now be replaced with Karno's name.

SirBlazeALot said:
I can't even begin to describe how much win that song is with the gif.
And that's pretty much exactly what I wante the Vicar to be.

Mage Lords aren't very common so we get a lot of wiggle room with this guy.

Pick two magic disciplines. Anima/Dark? Cool. Light/Dark? Cool. Staves/Light? Any two you want.

He gets one special tome that works similar to a Rapier, extra effective against armor dudes and dudes on horses. (Basically this guy could pretty much rip armor bros a new one since they're not exactly known for their resistance lol)

You're going to have to do what @LupusDeUmbra did with @SubstituteHero and kinda work together to make their backstories line up.
Yeah, I know. I'll just wait and see, for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back