• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fire Emblem: Redemption

Diagonal

A light in a dark place
Preamble: (You can skip this part if you came here to find out about the story)

Hello RPers,
I am Diagonal. I am an avid fan of Fire Emblem, having played all the games in the series (and that includes the JP-only releases such as Mystery of the Emblem, Gaiden, Genealogy of the Holy War, and Thracia 776). Having played all of the game, I wanted to create an experience by RPing the series I love.

Following this, I joined an RP dedicated to Fire Emblem in RPNation in December 2016. However, due to circumstances I was unable to complete the RP. Now, I am back to try again, this time creating a story of my own. Playing Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, and its predecessor Path of Radiance, has inspired me to make a story faithful to the archetype of the Fire Emblem series, yet have the freedom that an RP gives to allow the players to decide where the story goes.

The Story Line:

Much like my return for a second try at completing a Fire Emblem RP, Fire Emblem: Redemption tells a story of a young prince cast out of his own land because of a coup caused by his older twin brothers, against their own father. (the brothers are twin to each other, not to the young prince) Disgusted by the corruption of the monarchy system the prince renounces his right to rule by throwing away his family heirloom in a nearby river. He vows to create a new nation that is not ruled by anyone, but a nation where the people decide. To do this the prince first will need allies. He will gather up allies from all the countries for his cause. However, this task will not be easy. The twins are relentless in their pursuit for their younger brother. There will be many trials and tribulation. Will the young prince get a second chance at a nation he envisioned, or will his dreams shatter at the hand of the monarchs? That is for you to decide.

Geography of Tauron:

The continent that the story takes place in is called Tauron because when the continent is looked from the sky it is shaped like an ox. In the center of Tauron are a bed of mountains encircling an area shaped like an upside down heart, and is aptly named, the Heart. These mountains are harsh and very few can go in and out of them.

Our focus will be on the countries that reside in the Heart. At the very southern edge of the Heart is the country of Talos, the land of the assassins. Because Talos was built on a mountain range, the air is hard to breath there, and the temperature is always frigid. Little to no sunlight touches the ground due to the grey clouds engulfing the land. Talos was founded on the principle "Live hard, and die hard." Their people train endlessly and only the strong survive. Their main source of income comes from assassination jobs for those who dare enter the mountain ranges.

To the northwest of the assasin country is Abyssylgia, a country that worships the Abyss Dragon. The country relies on instinct, impulses, and chaos as their main force to rule. Their main soldiers consists of Shamans, and Sages that can summon skeletons, imps, and zombies. They have dragon zombies, and eyes to fly about. Furthermore, instead of Wyvern Riders, they have Undead Riders (which promotes to Undead Flyers and then, if they really try hard, Deathsweeper.)

To the northeast of Talos is Lucinarch, a country that follows under the guide of the Heaven Dragon (or the Holy Dragon). Not to be confused with the Divine Dragon, the Heaven Dragon enforces the people with order, lawfulness, and rationality. Their soldiers are much more diverse, as balance is the key to ruling a good kingdom. However, Lucinarch does not use undead magic, and hence do not have skeletons, imps, zombies, and Undead Riders. They do have a few selection of flux magic however, such as Dark Fliers (promotion of Pegasus knights) and Flux mages.

Due to their differences, Abyssylgia and Lucinarch were constantly warring over each other. The most recent war ended in a stand-fire with the recent King of Abyssylgia reluctantly agreeing to the demands of the Queen of Lucinarch as they discuss the matters of the new heir to Talos.

To the north, at the tip of the Heart, is the Sacred Grounds. It is believed by two dragon countries that the goddess was once living there, and that her vassal dragon rests within the Dark Cave. Whether it is the Hell dragon or Heaven dragon is up to debate, however. Trees surround the cave and all its vicinity, and a pond of water lies in front of the cave. It is said that the water there could cure any illness come upon a person. The trees are not ordinary trees. Their trunk colors are pure white, and their leaves black. It is rumored that the trees guide lost people back to their homes. (More on this, WIP)

Due to the significance of the Sacred Grounds, Abyssylgians and Lucinarchs, protect the grounds and have a mutual agreement to make the land neutral.

Available Roles In the RP:

The young prince, the King of Abysslgia, the Queen of Lucinarch, and The twin rulers of Talos will be taken by me as they progress the main story along. Talos is our main antagonist, and as such will not have playable characters aside from the ones that fled with the young prince.

Another thing to note is that at the Heart of Tauron, archers are a class reserved for the Wood Elves of the Sacred Grounds. Instead, if you choose to make your character a ranged, physical one, name them as Hunters.

-The prince's guards: These are the prince's loyal knights. Whether that be his best friend, or a follower of his father, these guards help make a safe way for the prince, as he travels to the Sacred Grounds for refuge and sticks with him for the rest of his journey. (FULL)

-Wood Elf Chief's Daughter: Turns out the trees in the Sacred forest were alive after all. Despite being forbidden with human contact, the daughter of the tribe choose to help aid the prince in his fight. When the prince scurries off with a lethal injury to the grounds, it is she that shared her life force with him, making her mortal. Like all Wood Elves, she is an archer that can transform her hand into a bow, and shoots out enchanted wood from her other hand. She will travel with the prince despite the disapproval from her father. (OPEN, only 1)

-Generals of the two Dragon Nations: Abysslgia and Lucinarch both have loyal generals that obey the wishes of their monarch. I need at least one from each country. These generals will stick with their country for their loyalty is unmatched. (OPEN, 1 more for Abysslgia)

Minor roles:
This section is for those who seek flexibility in their characters. These characters will be allowed to cross over from one nation to the other by their will and conviction. They will play a part in how the story will end through who they support, but they will not be directly involved in the story conversations.

Some perks to the RP:
-there will be a narration before every chapter telling the RPers the back story and the summary of the last chapters, much like in all the FE games.
-RPers are free to make their original characters or choose from the existing heroes of Fire Emblem series.
-Stats and Supports will be customizable or can be left as default. Support ranks will boost combat performance.
-Major enemies and bosses will have stats of their own, and maybe even supports.

Lmk if you are interested. Despite this being based off Fire Emblem, you do not have to know much about Fire Emblem to enjoy the story. This isn't a technical RP. The story is a medieval/fantasy based setting with magic, swords, arrows, and dragons. (Detail about FE will be added later) Let me know if you have any questions.

For those of you who are interested in the RP, Introduce yourself in the OCC.

Here is a link to the OCC for those of you who are on mobile or can't click on hyerlinks:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/fe-redemption-occ.352416/#post-8169244

Tag:
Thalia_Neko Thalia_Neko

Last edited:
Then I shall go make a hosted project on this. :)

Edit: I mean an RP page (guess coming back from the dead really limits my options). I think I will wait a few more days.

Last edited:
Hey guys, just a quick update. I've finished the Mechanics and Characters page. There may be some grammatical errors as I have worked on this late into the night, last night. I will be sure to fix them, but for now I want to get up as much of this RP as possible. Information and link are on the top page of the OCC.

By the end of the day I shall have the Character Skeleton, and the Rules up. When those are done, you guys will be free to submit your characters to me.

Scrubnoppon Scrubnoppon Welcome. I'm glad to see a fellow FE player who also played the JP only titles. Please head over to the OCC and introduce yourself.

Update: Character Sheets, and Rules are up! Players can now submit their application if they wish.

i tried playing some of the japanese games but couldnt read them, also they were hard LOL

and yay charrie stuff is up! ^^

lol They do have fan translations for most of the games. There definitely are harder titles in the JP only series like the infamous Thracia 776. But NA games also have difficult titles such as Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn. Nevertheless, with patience, they are all beatable.

And yea, go ham with the characters~

Yea, the three tier classes was one good thing about it. The final boss felt so gimmicky to me. I killed that BEECH like three times before realizing how to truly beat her -.-

Yea, the three tier classes was one good thing about it. The final boss felt so gimmicky to me. I killed that BEECH like three times before realizing how to truly beat her -.-
all my units were grossly op, so i literally just tried to see how long everyone could last lols, basically as long as i wanted from how i remember it :P

I mean I maxed out my characters, and trust me it was still hard. But then again I never bothered to develop supports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back