• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Fire Emblem Divide: Announcements

Faceclaim Party
Whaddup amigos, you've made me a happy motherfucker. Thanks for all the faceclaims so far. There's some real dope shit in there y'all, I may have even swooped some of that shit no lie. I'd highly recommend gettin' in there if you're not already. As @theglassangel would say, it's lit.

I'm still looking for more faceclaims so keep 'em coming guys. I've picked a few of them out but I'm not done yet. Party hard guys.

ChazGhost ChazGhost Hachi Machi Hachi Machi Reinhardt Reinhardt InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart @theglassangel KageYuuki KageYuuki Necromantic Necromantic Creek Creek Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Truthblade Truthblade Petite Rouge Petite Rouge hosaki hosaki DoctorDiggles DoctorDiggles IG42 IG42 CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Mothman Mothman SilentKillerOwl SilentKillerOwl Corgi Corgi Rawrasaur Rawrasaur Lance Von Alden Lance Von Alden Flareshield Flareshield Copykat Copykat

Whaddup piiiiiiiiiiiiii
Ay yo guys I got some shit to do Saturday and I'm gonna be largely unavailable. So I'm gonna do the shit on Friday. And then you'll just have an extra day for next week.

But yo, you guys can just get those commanders on the throne and I'll just dump the treasure and let you guys split it. If you wanna be dope you can do it in character over in Negotiations. There's no point in having you guys walk around looting for like what 4 weeks maybe? That'd only make sense if you were fighting one another. And the monsters are donezo. So unless you guys wanna start killing tf out of each other, Chapter 1 is done. *Clap clap clap*

You guys can expect Chapter 2 to drop some time in January, early February at the latest. Until then there'll still be shit going down. At some point in the near future I'm gonna give you guys the updated app and have you change your stats and shit. New characters will get approved. And you guys will know wtf is going on with Chapter 2 before it starts, you guys are gonna have some input in how that goes. But other than that, while the main thread is on hold, I want you guys to focus on finishing those side quests and support conversations. Definitely wanna see more activity for that shit man.

Sound bueno? I hope so. I'm pretty excite to show you guys some shit coming in the update. So get dem thrones and enjoy your loot. Or beat each other to death and take all the loot for your squaaaad. Idc. Do whatcha wanna do. Have a good one amigos

ChazGhost ChazGhost Hachi Machi Hachi Machi Reinhardt Reinhardt InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart @theglassangel KageYuuki KageYuuki Necromantic Necromantic Creek Creek Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Truthblade Truthblade Petite Rouge Petite Rouge hosaki hosaki DoctorDiggles DoctorDiggles IG42 IG42 CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Mothman Mothman SilentKillerOwl SilentKillerOwl Corgi Corgi Rawrasaur Rawrasaur Lance Von Alden Lance Von Alden Flareshield Flareshield Copykat Copykat

Party On
Ayo guys, btw, I could still use some help with faceclaims, so if you've found some cool shit keep on posting in that chat we made. Also those of you who aren't in that chat, it's never too late to join. You're free to just lurk and check out faceclaims, you don't have to post nothin'. Have a good one buds.

Party On
Ayo guys, btw, I could still use some help with faceclaims, so if you've found some cool shit keep on posting in that chat we made. Also those of you who aren't in that chat, it's never too late to join. You're free to just lurk and check out faceclaims, you don't have to post nothin'. Have a good one buds.

I would like to join the chat.

Net Neutrality
Hey Americanos, happy Thanksgiving. I know a lot of you guys are going to see a lot of family today, so it could be a good time to remind them that Net Neutrality is under attack AGAIN. This is the most important announcement I'll ever make in the thread, so don't miss out on this one. Throw a like on it if you've read it.

For those of you who don't know what Net Neutrality is and why it's super important, it's a law that forces all internet service providers (ISPs) to transfer data across the web at the same speed for every website. The FCC and ISPs want to repeal it so they can charge websites for a faster connection and slow down websites that don't pony up. To give you an example, lets set you have Comcast. If Net Neutrality is repealed, Comcast can set up a payment model for websites, to where they have to payyy... lets say $10,000 for a fast connection. If RPN were to refuse to pay the $10,000 or just couldn't afford to pay the $10,000 then everyone on the site with Comcast is going to have to deal with a snail's pace connection speed. And Comcast is only one ISP that RPN would have to pay. That's just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to what they can do if Net Neutrality is repealed.

If you value a free and equal internet you can save Net Neutrality by calling your Representatives and your Senators and telling them to vote no on the FCC's new bill. You can do so at this website: Comcast wants to control what you do online. Do you want to let them? It only takes a second, it'll find your Reps and Senators for you, and you can call and leave your Reps/Senators as many messages as you want. Congress is going to vote on the bill Dec. 14 of this year, but don't wait. Call now, and tell your family and friends. This has happened before and we've managed to swat this shit down multiple times by expressing our discontent to our officials. This won't be the last time they try to repeal Net Neutrality either. Remember: the price of freedom is constant vigilance.

Have a good day y'all.

ChazGhost ChazGhost Hachi Machi Hachi Machi Reinhardt Reinhardt InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart @theglassangel KageYuuki KageYuuki Necromantic Necromantic Creek Creek Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Truthblade Truthblade Petite Rouge Petite Rouge hosaki hosaki DoctorDiggles DoctorDiggles IG42 IG42 CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Mothman Mothman SilentKillerOwl SilentKillerOwl Corgi Corgi Rawrasaur Rawrasaur Lance Von Alden Lance Von Alden Flareshield Flareshield Copykat Copykat Kuromi_Jiro Kuromi_Jiro

One and Done
Whaddup PIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMPS. Okay guys this is gonna be an announcement about a lot of shit so take off your undies, whisper a racial slur, and like this post once you've read it. It's pretty importante. So Chapter 1 is definitely done. I'm calling it early because the position Nayu put herself in blocked the entrance from any Gorgons and made it impossible for either of them to steal the W before Nayu could get to the throne so, ya know, certified victory and shit. Also, I'm posting before 12 today because I got some shit to do at noon. So let's go through this stuff.
  • Chest Keys: I took the first four Chest Keys from each team to open the Treasure Boxes you guys are splitting. That means Nayu, Elta, Lloyd, Lothric, Ari, Dali, Fynola, and Mazelle lost their Chest Keys.
  • Splitting The Loot: Here's the Treasure y'all received. You can split the loot out of character over in Conversation or you can split the loot In Character in Negotiations. I won't force you guys but I strongly recommend you do it in character. I would really like to see you guys utilizing the other parts of the thread to RP in now that Chapter 1 is done, there's gonna be a very skrong push for that while Chapter 2 is in the oven.
    • Strength Charm
    • Precision Charm
    • Steel Charm
    • Blood Charm
    • Spirit Charm
    • Speed Charm
    • Resolve Charm
    • Luck Charm
  • Update Character Inventories: Please update your characters' inventories in their profiles to reflect what they look like over in Current Battle. I will leave it up until we start taking a look at Chapter 2 but please don't procrastinate in changing them. I'll have a specific date in the future, but there's going to be a cutoff date that you need to have updated your inventories by. Otherwise I'm just gonna go in your profiles myself to update them, which I won't be happy about, so you're gonna have to sacrifice one of your weapons to the blazed one, along with any items you gained during the battle. So yeah, do it ASAP and you've got nothing to worry about. You can also use your team's Battle Preparation thread (Here for Alliance, Here for Legion) to put items away in storage.
  • Leave The Allied Forces War Council: Please stop posting in the Allied Forces War Council private chat and move anything you would say there to the Conversation section instead to slide the thread some activity and shit. Remember that if you want to tag everyone, I made a handy dandy list that you can copy and paste over in the Player Roster. I'll be the last one to leave that chat to make sure everyone's out.
  • Feedback: When you get a chance, stop by our new section of the RP, Feedback. You can probably guess what that's all about. I already have a list of stuff I'm planning on changing for Chapter 2, and I'd like to see if the stuff I'm changing is also stuff that you guys think should be tweaked. And it isn't too late to add to that list either, but remember, I'm going balls deep into Chapter 2 pretty soon so the sooner you respond, the better.
  • Chapter 1 Wrap Up: Chapter 1 is now in History under previous Chapters. You can use the wrap up as a sort of... prompt for your support conversations that will take place in the Fort. Feel free to involve the invisible Gorgons still fucking about in those. Which brings me to my final and most important point.
  • Throw Some Activity To Other Parts of the Thread: Make it a personal goal to finish at least one Support Convo before Chapter 2. Preferably more. Also, make it a goal to finish at least one Side Quest as well. If the other quests are dying or you've lost interest in them, then make new ones. Remember, there is plenty of time for Side Quests to have taken place before Chapter 1, or even during Chapter 1 like the Legion's quest. If both teams finish at least one Side Quest before Chapter 2, I will reward both teams with not 1, but TWO Naga Rings. What's a Naga Ring do? They restore Second Chance to characters who have lost it. Basically, it's another life for characters that have died once before already.
    • Side note, make sure you remember to tell me when you've finished Support Conversations and make sure you update character relationships before Chapter 2!
Alrighty, and that's it my amigos!! Great work on finishing Chapter 1, it was a rocky road but you got through it. I'm proud of y'all and thankful that you stuck it out this long. Hopefully Chapter 2 will be MUCH better now that we've all got a feel for how to go about this thing. Have a good rest of the day, I'll have some stuff to show you guys down the line. Peace out my beansprouts.

P.S. If you guys ever wanna play Trivia Murder Party (or any other Jackbox games in the 3rd party pack), I can stream it from my compooter. All you need is a smart phone and some kinda screen to watch the stream on to play. It's super fun, check that link out (skip to 2:55 to skip the game lobby process) to see what it's all about. I played it and Quiplash 2 with family for Thanksgiving and we had a blast. Could be a good group bonding activity so let me know if you're interested and we'll pick a date to get everyone together for it.

Oh, P.P.S. You guys can decide who you're going to give your Energy Drop and Stardust to, but don't actually have them use it yet. Remember, I'm gonna be overhauling stats for the update, and those items alter stats.

Whaddup PIIIIIIIIIIIII--
Hey whaddup guys hope you had a murry chrustmus and all that shit if a murry chrustmus is indeed one of your winter holidays of choice. Just thought I'd drop by and give y'all an update on Chapter 2.

"Plot": Once the "plot" of the Chapter is done I'll post it up and see if you guys fuck with it. I put special emphasis on giving you guys a variety of objectives so that everyone can find something for their characters to do other than fight things and move toward a fort. That way you guys can win some and lose some instead of win all/lose all. Hopefully that'll take some of the pressure to win off so that you guys can focus more on just RPing. There will also be an optional turn limit this time around so that the last few moments of the Chapter don't drag on for weeks.

Testing Number Cruncher v.2: I've altered our non-rolling stats so that there's more variation between classes and it's easier for people in the same range of say Attack and Defense to do at least some damage to one another. I'm doing some personal testing on all the new stuff but it's impossible to test it all by myself. Luckily TNW's been rebooted and the first Chapter for that will begin shortly. That'll give me the best opportunity to test out the new app with a lot of different classes before it comes to divide. So far, I hate the new damage system for TNW but I love it for Divide. There's already a tweak I wanna make before we start using it in TNW, but it won't take long to implement at all. Also I souped up the Rescue mechanic. I'm hoping it allows for some sick interactions and it should make Noobs and healers and other squishy fucks more useful while simultaneously allowing them to remain out of harm's way when they're all up in the action.

Schedule: All that being said, we're still somewhat on schedule to start Chapter 2. Before I said I wanted it to start in late January early February. To be safe I think I'm just gonna push it back to sometime in February, because I wanna take the time to do another hardcore round of player recruiting as well. And after I update our stats and shit I wanna have plenty of time to review everyone's characters and make sure everything is gravy. I also want plenty of time for you guys to review Chapter 2 and see if it's some shit you fuck with. But hey, that's just more time for you guys to not do those Side Quests and Support Conversations lmfao.

And that's all for now y'all. I'll be doing some house cleaning and shit in preparation for the new shit. One more reminder: make sure you've updated your inventory and shit from Chapter 1 because I'll be clearing out the Current Battle thread soon. Stay classy and swaggy this New Years people peace.

ChazGhost ChazGhost Hachi Machi Hachi Machi Reinhardt Reinhardt InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart @theglassangel KageYuuki KageYuuki Necromantic Necromantic Creek Creek Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Truthblade Truthblade Petite Rouge Petite Rouge hosaki hosaki DoctorDiggles DoctorDiggles IG42 IG42 CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Mothman Mothman SilentKillerOwl SilentKillerOwl Corgi Corgi Rawrasaur Rawrasaur Lance Von Alden Lance Von Alden Flareshield Flareshield Copykat Copykat GasMaskie GasMaskie

I think the plot of chapter 1 might still go on for a while. Given that some people (including myself) are currently inactive. I know you can't wait for us forever, but I hope you will allow us the freedom within the plot to return to our old threads whenever we are able.

I think the plot of chapter 1 might still go on for a while. Given that some people (including myself) are currently inactive. I know you can't wait for us forever, but I hope you will allow us the freedom within the plot to return to our old threads whenever we are able.
Of course you can.

Suh
Wut's good guys I just wanted to spit at you for a few minutes and see if I could get your thoughts on some shit. I've been thinkin' about the rp a lot and wanted to see what y'all think about what I think and also about some of the shit I've been doing to clean up the thread. So if you guys could hit up Conversation about what you think at some point, that'd be excellente. I'm gonna be fuckin' talking for a while, so to make things easier I put a TL ; DR of the questions I'd like to hear your thoughts on the most.

Have some tunes? Just let it autoplay on this channel, it's chill vibes for days

Playas
So I been cleaning out all the inactive people and freeing up their classes and shit. They'll be missed, but it felt good to do a headcount and get all the ducks in a row. If they ever wanna come back, I put their characters in the Graveyard and let their fates remain undetermined. But their classes are still up for grabs, so they'll have to hope and pray that the class is still open or they'll just have to choose a different class or make a new character. I removed anyone who hasn't been on RPN for a month, so that's our new hard rule I guess. If you're gone for a month without notice, you're outski. There were a few players who weren't gone for a month, but just haven't engaged in a while. Some longer than others. To be fair across the boards I left all these guys as "Pending Members", I'll hit each of them up with a PM and see where they at. But ultimately, any new players coming into the RP that may want their classes have priority until I hear back from them.

What I really wanted to talk about though is my mistakes. My misuteekus if you will. I think I figured out a few months into RPN that big RPs don't work so I put a cap on how many people could join the rps I made. I didn't do that for Divide because I thought that Divide's structure would benefit from having a fuckton of players. In some ways it does and in other ways it doesn't, but ultimately I think the cons outweigh the positives. The long and short of it is, you just can't have too many cooks in the kitchen, the character driven stuff and the mechanical stuff and player relations are all gonna suffer for it. So I think that eventually, I would like to get us down to around 4-6 dedicated players that can hoe out on as many characters as they like. In order to get there however, I'm gonna keep up my recruitment plan and do a hard week of recruiting before the start of every chapter. And just to be clear, if we end up with over 6 dedicated players, like 7 or 8, I'm not gonna start arbitrarily cuttin' people, we're gonna work with what we've got until it's convenient to put a hard cap on the gang gang. And if we ever wanna open it up again, we can. But I think ultimately, smaller groups are the way to go.

Democracy
That means this will no longer be a situation where every Tom, Dick, and Ichiro can just get in, no questions asked. I'm gonna tighten my own standards up a bit, but I think I'd like to bring back some old shit I used to do. I used to have all the players privately vote on whether or not they think new players should be allowed into the rp. I'd send a little questionnaire to each individual player, askin about their general thoughts on the new player's character sheet or sheets, any previous experience they've had with the player, la-di-da-di-da. And you guys could answer in as much or as little detail as you wanted, ya just needed to provide some kind of reason for why you think the player should or shouldn't join the rp. I know its a bit extra, but it seemed to work pretty well in the past toward curating a stable group of players over long periods of time. Would you guys be up for that? Perhaps it could be like an optional thing like real voting lol. Where you don't gotta do it but you can.

Discord
So you guys brought up using a Discord server way back, and I wasn't feelin' it much because I didn't really get discord, and kinda still don't. Mostly I thought it might alienate anyone who didn't get on the server though. But I've used it a little more this year and now that I see what it be like (I know, Grandpa BlazeALot), I think it might be pretty helpful to keep engagement up. The downside is, I can see it totally eclipsing the OOC. So here's what I'm thinkin'. If we decide to set up a discord server, it's gonna be a hard requirement that everyone joins the server. I don't want noobs or the occasional non-conformist to feel left out because the OOC ain't poppin' and the party's on discord. So if we do decide to do a discord, it's gonna be mandatory that everyone join. Majority rules on this one.

New Freeza Schedule For Main Battles
I think trying to squeeze both teams' posts into the week is dumb. I even think that being required to post once a week, like anywhere, is dumb. I think it's dumb just on its own, but especially when I think about y'all. A lot of you are novel writing nancy's who just can't keep their novel writing dicks to themselves. And I fuck with it heavy, I think it'd be silly to cuck that. I also think that requiring you guys to post once a week fucks with your side quests and support conversations. And if I haven't made it super damn clear by now, I want that shit to start poppin' off lol. So I think I gotta solution that'll make posting in the Main Battle thread slower, but more feasible, and hopefully it'll also give y'all more time for your side shit. You can probably already guess what I'm gonna say. I wanna change our schedule so that each team gets a full week to post during the main battle. That way, during the rival team's turn, you've got a free week to do supports, side quests, or to give this rp absolutely 0% of your attention. Doesn't matter, so long as you hit that one post during your team's week you'll be doing enough.

Blazeporters
So I been having some major regrets about how I handled Transporters. I won't get into it, but I had a revelation the other day that made me cringe. Y'all ever have a self induced cringe? They're truly shameful. But anyway, I wanted to bring it up with y'all first to see what you think, because I know the idea of playing with a war carriage gave a lot of you guys a hype boner. And I still wanna give you guys the opportunity to do so, if you so choose. But I've got a proposal. Instead of you guys playing your Transporters, I'll play the Transporter for both teams. This way I don't have to worry about replacing them ASAP whenever someone drops. And, I think me having a character that you guys can interact with IC might make you guys a little more comfortable with like, everything. I know it sounds weird but sometimes having a daddy gm around who's actually in the rp can be immensely helpful toward givin bros the confidence to post freely. And finally, there won't just be like two special people who have an unkillable character and an extra character slot.

This comes with a few issues. First issue isn't really a big deal. "but blaze how u gonna be on the map doin' shit makin' moves when you're all up in errbody's business?" I can think of a bunch of ways to work around that. The easiest way is to just have one of you tell me where tf to go and who tf to pick up, and let that be that. That's pretty much all Transporters do. That's nbd though.

My thing is we already have one Transporter. Though Necromantic Necromantic doesn't necessarily have final say here, I'm giving Lettuce's own feelings on the matter a little bit more weight. That being said, I've always felt bad about the Merchant class being cucked into only one promotion option. With the coming arrival of drugs and alcohol, I think it would be a perfect time to introduce a new second class for Merchants: Smuggler. Though I intend to add many more party supplies, here's the gist of what they are and what I've got so far.

When you do drugs, you'll get a sick stat boost, but you run the risk of developing an addiction every time you do. Addiction chance starts at 1% and increases with every usage. Each drug has a different addiction rate and cap.

• Sakire Sap (3): A sweet sap that makes it feel as if time has slowed, allowing for more precise hits. Increases Accuracy by 20% for two turns. Let it rest on the tongue for a few minutes to take affect.
    • Addiction (Cap: 45%, Rate: 4%): -20% ACC when not using Sakire Sap.
  • Orc Piss (3): A crassly named moonshine type liquor that increases Attack by +5 for two turns.
    • Addiction (Cap: 25%, Rate: 2%): -15% EVA
  • Spiced Wine (3): A fine spiced wine that increases the magic of Fire wielders by +3 for two turns.
    • Addiction (Cap: 15%, Rate: 1%): -4 Res
  • Osake (3): Tarosian rice liquor most commonly featured at social events in the empire. Increases the ASS and BLOK of the drinker so long as their partner has also consumed alcohol of any kind by 25% for three turns.
    • Addiction (Cap: 20%, Rate: 1%): -15% ASS and BLOK with all sober partners.
  • Sight (3): Arcane eyedrops that allow users to see things shortly before they happen. Increases Evasion by 50% for three turns.
    • Addiction: (Cap: 33%, Rate: 3%): Blind status effect when not using Sight.
*A ton of these are based in TNW's lore, so you can expect different shit for Divide.

Anyway what I'm gettin' at here Lettuce, is that we know you're a proud degenerate vegetable. A class involving magic drugs seems to me like something you wouldn't mind reworking Blake into. Granted I haven't read the guy yet so I might be totally off base and you might be married to the idea of him being a Transporter. Which is fine. But I pose the question to all of you, would you prefer if I make your Transporters or would you rather have another player on your team make your Transporter? Either way, I'll end up changing Merchant's second class to Smuggler, so don't worry you won't be deprived of a new class. And to compensate for Lettuce potentially ending up with five bros, I'll give the rest of you amigos a 5th character slot if you want Blazeporters. Seems appropriate to do in the spirit of attracting and cultivating dedicated character whores.

TL ; DR
How you feel about each team eventually being chiseled down to 4-6 dedicated players tops?

How you feel about voting on whether or not a new player is allowed to join the RP?

How you feel about setting up a mandatory discord?

How you feel about each team gettin' a full week to post? Swaggy or nah?

How you feel about the blazed one taking over the Transporter roles for both teams?

How you feel about drugs and Smugglers?

P.S.
I've organized your Support Conversations. It'll be much easier to find them, they're just organized by username. Find your team, find your name -- done. There's a dump for old/obsolete convos, just look for your characters' name. Active players' characters' names are listed first and it's in alphabetical order, ya know, just in case you're feeling nostalgic. It's also WAAAAAY easier to tell who whores out on Supports the most lmfao. Peace out bruddahs.

ChazGhost ChazGhost Katakon Katakon Reinhardt Reinhardt InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart @theglassangel KageYuuki KageYuuki Necromantic Necromantic Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Truthblade Truthblade Jellyon Jellyon Petite Rouge Petite Rouge hosaki hosaki IG42 IG42 CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Mothman Mothman Corgi Corgi Flareshield Flareshield Copykat Copykat
GasMaskie GasMaskie

Last edited:
well... uhm....

while i generally quite enjoy writing characters like that, i put quite a bit of time into writing blake, especially his background. id be completely rewriting that if he were to be switched to anything that could use a weapon, and at that point i might as well not even be playing the character i originally wrote. id truly rather just outright delete him instead of changing him so that he would fit another class. he was the first character idea i had when you invited me to this roleplay, with the only actual large change being his race, and im just not willing to change him that much.

Still There?
Whadduuuuuuuuuuup motherfucks. As promised Chapter 2 is on its way, so get your butthole ready. Also as promised, I warned you guys at the end of Chapter 1 before I took down Current Battle, this announcement is specifically for that heads up. If you participated in Chapter 1 and haven't updated your inventory yet on your character sheet, you have until this time next week to do so. To remind y'all of what I said regarding them inventories way back in November:

• "Update Character Inventories: Please update your characters' inventories in their profiles to reflect what they look like over in Current Battle. I will leave it up until we start taking a look at Chapter 2 but please don't procrastinate in changing them. I'll have a specific date in the future, but there's going to be a cutoff date that you need to have updated your inventories by. Otherwise I'm just gonna go in your profiles myself to update them, which I won't be happy about, so you're gonna have to sacrifice one of your weapons to the blazed one, along with any items you gained during the battle. So yeah, do it ASAP and you've got nothing to worry about. You can also use your team's Battle Preparation thread (Here for Alliance, Here for Legion) to put items away in storage."
So that specific date I mentioned is February 10th. If you already updated/have nothing to update then you're all gravy and you can sit back and watch the update go down. I aim to have everything ready for us to begin recruiting new hoes next week. That means Ch. 2's info will be out here reppin' and the updates to the mechanics will be all finished. I didn't get as much testing with the new stats done as I wanted to, but fuck it. *Kanye shrug* We'll test 'em more here I guess.

Anyways moral of the announcement: Ch. 2 is coming for ur anus so prepare yourself. I'll have some more updates comin' your way in the near future. The next one will be in regards to the lovely responses you guys gave to the last announcement. Peace out beansprouts.

ChazGhost ChazGhost Katakon Katakon Reinhardt Reinhardt InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart @theglassangel KageYuuki KageYuuki Necromantic Necromantic Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Truthblade Truthblade Jellyon Jellyon Petite Rouge Petite Rouge hosaki hosaki IG42 IG42 CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Mothman Mothman Corgi Corgi Flareshield Flareshield Copykat Copykat
GasMaskie GasMaskie

Update Log
Whaddup y'all! So Chapter 2 is upon us and I'm done updating all the shits. Here's a guide to all the new shit we've got going forward. All the new shit in the thread is written in green texts. The shade of green is insignificant if you're wondering. Green text is green text, I just kinda haphazardly pick a green from the palette.

Questionnaire
You can find my response to you guys' response for the questionnaire in this lil spoiler right here. Gotta say, I think that was really handy and insightful. I'll be sure to do another one when it's appropro.

How you feel about each team eventually being chiseled down to 4-6 dedicated players tops?
You guys were into the idea of keepin' Divide pretty trim, just not 4-6 trim. Maybe I was lowballing. But that's fine, 6-8 is cool too. You guys also seemed worried about people getting cut to trim down immediately into that 6-8, though I said I wasn't about that. So to reiterate, I'm not about that. If you're here and participating you'll always have a spot here. I don't plan on imposing a player cap until like next year. And even when I do, if we have more people beyond the player cap on one team or the other, don't worry. No one's getting cut and there will always be slots open if we need to even out the teams.

So from here on out, Divide will remain "always open" until about next year or whenever the first three chapters are complete. Then we'll institute a player cap if we got that dedicated group we're tryna establish.

How you feel about voting on whether or not a new player is allowed to join the RP?
Most of you guys seemed into this, so we're gonna go for it. The voting period will begin after I've made sure the homie at least has all their biographical lore shit straight on their sheet, and last for seven days max after that. Voting will be optional, so if you plan on voting, you gotta tell me that you will. You can tell me that you intend on voting privately if you want, you don't have to make a grand announcement out of it. If you intend to vote, I need to know the day the voting begins. If you haven't voted by day 7, then it's fuck yo opinion, son. Me and the new player(s) joining would really appreciate it if voters turned in their votes immediately so that they don't have to wait the whole 7 days if they don't have to. I might even trim that down to like two days or three days, 7 days after doing all that reading seems a bit pretentious.

How you feel about setting up a mandatory discord?
You guys seemed down with this, but not into the idea of it being mandatory. Initially, my thoughts were no discord unless it's mandatory. So at first I was like, "nah that ain't gonna fly." But I had a change of heart. Since we don't know if this is actually gonna lube up the OOC the way I think it is, for now the discord won't be mandatory, it'll just be highly recommended. But if it gets wet af in there and Conversation ain't been touched in months then it's gonna become a hard requirement.

How you feel about each team gettin' a full week to post? Swaggy or nah?
Yeah we're gonna do this, you guys were down with this for the most part.

How you feel about the blazed one taking over the Transporter roles for both teams?
For now, it's gonna be a no. Though most of you guys seemed down for this, including Lettuce, I think I've got my hands full with other IC stuff I've got planned for FE: D and FE: TNW that will ultimately serve you guys better, and I don't exactly have all the time in the world to RP. Plus, I don't wanna take Transporter away from Lettuce, I would develop way too much of a guilt complex over it.

How you feel about drugs and Smugglers?
Y'all fux widdit, and that's dope. So here's what I'm finna do. Transporter will remain a part of the Service Branch, but it's gonna be a special class. For those of you who have played the 3DS Fire Emblems, you can think of them as like a special DLC/Spotpass class. They don't have a promotion class but they'll get their stats boosted when we start promoting guys like Laguz and Musical Classes will. You guys also expressed quite a bit of hype for more classes, so I'll be adding a new, non-promotable class to each class branch by Chapter 3, except for Service obvi because they've already got their's with Transporter. I've already got some ideas but I won't say shit until they're solid.

New Items
Over in Items and Inventory we've got some new shit I'm pretty hyped about. We got two new categories of items (Shields and Wards), and new magic and staves. Don't worry melee users and Laguz, I'm cookin' up some new shit for y'all too. All items have also been altered to fit our new "#STATSONLYFUCKDAMAGE" m.o.

Stat City Bitch, Stat Stat City Bitch
Alright me bruddahs this is the main shit right here. Non-Rolling Stats have been changed entirely so you're gonna have to slide on over to the Character Glossary and grab the updated stats for your characters' classes. The stats are the only new shits not written in green because they're all new and it seemed unnecessary. The way you customize stats for characters has changed accordingly as well, you can find that information in the Expectations tab of the Character Sign Up Sheet. Don't forget, Branded and Elven races no longer get special boosts/detriment, they simply have a class Attribute now, which you can check out over in Advanced Mechanics under Attributes.

Discord
Alrighty guys I set up a server for us, you can snatch that link over in Conversation, or I guess as it's now called, Conversation/Discord. For now I'm not makin' it mandatory as many of you guys advised but if the actual Conversation thread starts collecting too much dust it's gonna be mando.

Side Quests
I decided that listing objectives made creating Side Quests a bit of a hassle, and it could be a little too road mappy, ya dig? Doesn't compliment the casul feel I want for Side Quests. So I decided we're just gonna kinda wing 'em from now on. Just come up with a premise and a possible reward for the quest and you're all set once it gets approved by ya blazed boi. You can check out the exact changes in Side Quests of course.

Tag Everyone
Quick one, just wanted to make sure I called your attention to it. You can now tag an entire faction easily, an @ roster for each faction's members is now located in a code box over in Player Roster.

NPCs
Ayyyyyyy we gotta new character section. It's called NPCs and it does a good job of explaining itself so just go check it out. The TL; DR is, that's where I'm gonna post the royalty and the mysterious "TOP BRASS" I keep referring to running each army. I figure you guys would feel more immersed and connected to your factions if you knew who was leading your faction. It also gives me the opportunity to flex my lore muscles, and it'll allow me to SOMETIMES play with you guys in main chapters. But mostly I'm gonna be using these guys for Side Quests. I think they might go over smoother with you guys if I'm around sorta helming them, so to speak. My hope is that after the first handful of quests I make, you guys will feel more comfortable makin' quests of your own. But hopes and dreams are worth as much as a fart in the wind so we'll see. None of these fucks are done yet, but even if they were, I'd rather have y'all workin' on checkin' out all the new shit and fixing your characters. Don't worry, when these sheets start getting done I'll put them out as I finish them so you guys don't find yourselves reading hella sheets at once. I say this because my sheets tend to get lengthy, especially sheets for rulers.

Changed The Game
Well I did, but not drastically. Just staying true to my word and lettin' y'all know the Rules have been slightly altered. The biggest change is the activity rule, but it's nothing I haven't said to you guys already. Like how you gotta be on the site at least once a month, post every other week in main battles, etc. etc.

To Be Fair You Need A Fairly High IQ To Understand Gameplay Mechanics
There's been a lotta lil tweaks in Basic Mechanics and Advanced Mechanics. The most important things are the way Rescuing works now, which you can check out in Basic Mechanics under Actions, and the system for Non-Rolling stats which you can also check out in basic mechanics. Rescuing is the only thing you really need to read though, everything else is gonna get handled by the app anyway. The two main differences are that rescued passengers can actually do shit now and not just be deadweight, and passengers can also board a mounted unit so that the mounted unit doesn't have to waste a turn rescuing dudes. There's been a lotta little changes here and there so if I were you I'd just skim those two sections and look for the green shit if you're really all that curious. Most of the shit is no big deal though. *kanye shrug*

Crunchin' Numbers And 100 Smiling Faces
Alright me bruddahs, so we've got two importante things. For one, all y'all gotta download the newest version of the Number Cruncher App, delete the old one, and delete whatever files you may have had for it because they're now obsolete. The second thing is, we gotta use a different service to roll our dice for the time being because RPN is fuckin' playing after their new update. It's not a big deal though. You can find a link to our new dice rollin' service (in a new tab called Backup Dice Roller) and a link to the newest version of the app right here: Number Cruncher App. A link to the new (temporary) dice roller can also be found in the Dice Log.

TL; DR
The main takeaways:
  • Download the new version of the app.
  • Correct your characters' stats and lemme know when you're done so I can start throwin' them likes back on those profiles, and be mindful you update your skills if they've been changed.
Aight so, Current Battle will be updated on the 10th, I'm done with the resta the shit, I'mma focus on bringin' in new peeps and approving characters and all that nonsense. Take it easy bros and as always, hit me up with them questions if you got 'em. Especially if you wanna know why I changed certain things.

ChazGhost ChazGhost Katakon Katakon Reinhardt Reinhardt InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart @theglassangel KageYuuki KageYuuki Necromantic Necromantic Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Truthblade Truthblade Jellyon Jellyon Petite Rouge Petite Rouge hosaki hosaki IG42 IG42 CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Mothman Mothman Corgi Corgi Flareshield Flareshield Copykat Copykat GasMaskie GasMaskie

S SirBlazeALot

I haven't had the chance to edit my character sheets yet, so please don't kill me Blazu-San.

I think most of these changes sound great, although there is one part I feel was a mistake. Of course, I am not the person who decides these matters, and I hope this new rule works out in everyone's favor. What I'm referring to is the "voting system." I can't stress it enough, I very strongly oppose the idea of voting whether or not someone can join the RP. I know there's problematic users out there, but those types of people can always be kicked from the RP if they ever joined and started trouble. I mean, what if someone is just biased against another user, and that person can't get into the RP? I dunno man, I just feel like this whole voting system could end up being bad for the RP in the long run. But Idk, maybe it will work out.

S SirBlazeALot

I haven't had the chance to edit my character sheets yet, so please don't kill me Blazu-San.

I think most of these changes sound great, although there is one part I feel was a mistake. Of course, I am not the person who decides these matters, and I hope this new rule works out in everyone's favor. What I'm referring to is the "voting system." I can't stress it enough, I very strongly oppose the idea of voting whether or not someone can join the RP. I know there's problematic users out there, but those types of people can always be kicked from the RP if they ever joined and started trouble. I mean, what if someone is just biased against another user, and that person can't get into the RP? I dunno man, I just feel like this whole voting system could end up being bad for the RP in the long run. But Idk, maybe it will work out.
That doesn't surprise me since I only updated the class glossary a few hours ago 83

I kinda already addressed that in Conversation. 1 bias person isn't gonna be able to gatekeep someone out of the rp (one person deciding everything defeats the purpose of having a vote, don't it?), and if they can't come up with a solid reason for their "nah" then it's not gonna be worth much. And if a bunch of people are like "nah" I doubt it'll be for no reason. Chill, it'll be fine.

S SirBlazeALot character sheets have been updated. Also, I'll be taking a reservation for the Dragon Hunter class.
giphy.gif

Cuttent Barrle
Ay whaddup folks. So I updated Current Battle for Chapter 2. Sort of. There's no map yet or anything like that. But I added an Objectives tab detailing the chapter's primary activities, and I would very much like some feedback on them. If you haven't checked out the "prompt" for Chapter 2 yet, you can do so right here in our Main IC, it'll help give more context to wtf is going on. I've got my own thoughts which I'll share in a second, but I'd rather have you guys check out Current Battle first before you read what I gotta say. But also before that, full disclosure, I said I was gonna be recruiting this week and shit but I have not. I've got no excuse I just totally forgot about it the next day XD But I'll hit some hoes up today and see what's good. Anyways, plz don't open this spoiler until you've checked out Current Battle for yourself. Have a good one my woes.

Objective 1
This is my way of handling a couple of things. First and primarily, it ensures the Chapter won't drag on for no damn reason, it'll only continue past 12 turns if you guys want it to. And even then, if that 12 turns is unnecessary we can cut it. There's one more thing I wanted to add to this one, but I think Objective 2 is already too complicated and adding the thing might just make everything too hard for all of us to manage, including me. But it would also make Objective 2 a lot sexier. So my adding the thing all depends on whether or not you guys both like Objective 2, and think it's not too complicated.

Objective 2
I'm afraid this one might be too complicated, but I thought it might be fun for you guys to uncover a little mystery together. And it'll give you guys a compelling reason to have your characters talk to each other (or talk at all) and not just move around and fight bros. But again, I think it might be super complicated and could potentially turn out really boring and lame. So I really wanna know what you guys think about this one and if you're into it or not. Like, I really need a Smash or Pass on this one.

Objective 3
For this one my main concern is unit selection for your NPCs. Right now you guys have the same units and shit. Before that, I was going to make sure you just had the same number of people from a specific class branch. Like everyone has a healing branch NPC, a hero branch NPC, etc. etc. And I was going to roll dice to determine what classes they'd actually be. But then I thought I might just let y'all choose for yourself. But I'm conflicted, so I'd also really like to hear your thoughts on this one.

ChazGhost ChazGhost Katakon Katakon Reinhardt Reinhardt InsaneAsylum InsaneAsylum Pretzel Heart Pretzel Heart @theglassangel KageYuuki KageYuuki Necromantic Necromantic Count Gensokyo Count Gensokyo Truthblade Truthblade Jellyon Jellyon Petite Rouge Petite Rouge hosaki hosaki IG42 IG42 CallmeMyth CallmeMyth Mothman Mothman Corgi Corgi Flareshield Flareshield Copykat Copykat GasMaskie GasMaskie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back