• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Final Fantasy RP in the Making

What is your favorite FF game?

• Final Fantasy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • FF2

• FF3

• FF4

• FF5

• FF6

• FF7

• FF8

• FF9

• FF10

• FF11

• FF12

• FF13

• FF14

• Other

• Total voters

TriBlade

BlackJack
Hello all, my name is TriBlade and I'm about to make a Final Fantasy RP with original content. I have most of it written up, and I intend to create it tomorrow since I'm on Pacific Time and it's really late in most of the US. Regardless, nothing is set in stone and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions that they would like to see in an RP. Also, if anyone would be interested in joining and would like me to reserve a job class for them, I would be more than happy to do so. Here is what I have as the Intro story so far:

Long ago, the civilizations of the world were fueled by Crystals. These Crystals gave protection to the cities, aided the fertility of the soil and directed the flow of water towards congregations of humans. During this golden age the two races of the world, the Humans and the Centra, lived together. However, this was not to last. One day, all of the Crystals of the world turned dark and their powers withered away. The Centra wished to assume a natural existence by deserting the cities and living strictly off the land. The humans, however, did not want to accept their fate and strove towards technological advances to replace the functions that the Crystals had once performed. The Centra saw these technologies as hurting the planet, and attacked their progress. The humans, however, possessed superior equipment in warfare and overwhelmed the Centra.

It has been over two thousand years since those events. The fads of the world now lie in advancements in magic, whether they be practical, aesthetic or simply bizarre. However, recently, the Crystals, which until this time have lain dormant, are reactivating one by one. However, rather than their normal clear blue appearance, they have instead donned a purple hue. Monsters now seem to be spawning from them. Also with resurgence of the Crystals has come the appearance of the fiends, powerful beings that usually possess elemental properties. In response to this, Rain of Crystalis, Praefectus of the Platinum Legion, set out to investigate these happenings. However, Rain fell during her quest, her findings disappearing with her. Now her successor, Vespa VI, has set off to recruit his own bands of heroes in order to gain closure for Rain and to cure the world of the curse of the Crystals.

To flesh out the world, I defined some key terms:

The World

The technology of the world mirrors that of the enlightenment. People many use Chocobos are the primary mode of transportation, while ships sail the seas. The recent invention of airships has allowed the skies to be become highways for the people. The source of their power is the same as that of the lights that illuminate cities at night; magic cores. These cores are crafted after much effort by Mage Engineers, and are by no means plentiful or cheap.

Summons

Summons are spirits that take on a variety of forms and have elemental properties. By making a pact with a Summon, a person may call upon that spirit for a limited amount of time. Summoners are those who specialize in the art of calling forth spirits. Their advantage over those with a normal pact is that they can summon more than one spirit, can hold them for a longer period of time, and have more control over them.

The Centra

The Centra are a race of sentient beings that strongly resemble humans. However, they often have a number of traits from either animals or vegetation. Mirroring their appearance, Centra are more in tune with nature, being able to communicate with their environment in ways that humans cannot. Because of this, the Centra always acted in the interest of nature. Because humans were more interested in their own development, they became more advanced than the Centra. However, the Centra often vandalized human constructs and attacked human who damaged the environment. This resulted in the slaughter of many of their race. In addition to that, many of the human technologies released fumes that were toxic to the Centra. Now they are few in number and are scattered across the world, most avoiding contact with humans.

The Platinum Legion

The Platinum Legion is an entity that handles the foreign affairs of the Kingdom of Tristany. Its members are recruited at very young ages, usually orphans or children from conquered territories. These children are taught in schools of philosophical thought and given class training. These warriors bear no last name and are forbidden to have personal possessions and families so that their judgment is never inhibited. The head of the Legion is called the Praefectus. Upon receiving their title, the Praefectus takes a new name to represent what they wish to accomplish during their time as Praefectus. They hold their office until death and choose their successor in their will.

Awesome! I'm a big fan of the Monk Class too. I'll post the list of classes to mark you down for the job:

Alchemist

Archer

Assassin

Bard

Beastmaster

Berserker

Black Mage

Blue Mage

Dancer

Dark Knight

Dragoon

Fighter

Gambler

Geomancer

Gladiator

Gunner

Hunter

Kinght

Mime

Mog Knight

Monk (Status Undead)

Morpher

Mystic Knight

Necromancer

Ninja

Paladin (TriBlade)

Red Mage

Samurai (Bills352)

Scholar

Songstress

Summoner

Thief

Time Mage

White Mage

Last edited by a moderator:
It's good, I'd recommend it. Btw, do you have any suggestions for the RP? 
Also, before I forget, I have a list of countries that exist within the world:

Tristany

The Kingdom of Tristany is a country with a temperate climate and strong tradition of nobility rule. The king domain lies in the domestic realm, while the Platinum Legion acts as his arms, outstretching across the globe. Tristany has the furthest reach of any country, having trading outposts all of over the world.

Zafera

The Zaferan Sultanate occupies the southeastern portion of the same continent as Tristany. The terrain is mainly made up of arid grasslands. Normally, Zafera is managed by regents in each territory who all report to their Sultan. However, civil war is currently taking place in the country over two princes competing for the throne.

Tulum

Tulum is an island south of Tristany and Zafera. It is usually governed by a high priest, and its people rely heavily on magic for their daily lives. Tulum is home to s jungle thriving with monsters.

Zhang Bala

The Empire of Zhang Bala stretches over the entire western continent. It is a country with numerous ethnicities and traditions. Being the most advanced nation in the world, Zhang Bala is the birthplace of both airships and guns. Much of the continent is temperate to cold.

The Midnoq Isles

The Midnoq Isles are a series of islands in the southeastern corner of the world. The Midnoq climate is very cold and and the islands are covered in snow almost year round. The people of these islands are not united, and instead ally themselves within numerous tribes. However, one who goes near the Midnoq should be wary. Their people are very capable sailors, and even more capable pirates.

Barzakh

Barzakh is a mysterious continent located in the south-western corner of the world. Its northern area is covered in a scorching desert, its eastern side in dense swamps and its western shores being barricaded by mountains, making it extremely difficult to access. Although some have returned from expeditions to Barzakh, they have not made it far inland.

This looks interesting so I guess i'll let it pique my interest. I'll take the Samurai class if you don't mind.

Thank you. Hmm I can't think of anything so far it seems great though that maybe why I can't think of anything.

I love Final Fantasy, and this sounds like a great idea for an RP. Offhand, I would like to play a Dancer, but with their rather random nature, that would be difficult, unless slight alterations were made. Apart from that, I'd have a tough time between Dark Knight, Necromancer, and Summoner. The first two of which would definitely be interesting, with a Paladin in the group. Definitely interested, no matter what! I just have to force myself to decide what job I would play. Haha.

Alright, I guess just a few questions. Will multiple toons be allowed? What kind of party size are we looking at? Will we all know each other, or join together early in the story? Is there something that draws us together? or is it all just randomness, which I'm fine with :D I guess that's it for now.

First post seems to answer at least one of your questions. it looks like we're going to be sought out. A "band of heroes" being recruited to help destroy the crystals. 
Erm. Sorry if that seemed rude, because it totally wasn't meant to. xD I just re-read that, and I'm really sorry if it came across that way, at all.

@AshenLily Thank you for that, I appreciate it, because I thought you were being stuck up ;P But I know some dude is recruiting, I was just wondering if it's all random like, or if something draws us together. I'm thinking of final fantasy 1 and 2 for the GBA xD

Good save on my part, then. xD Again, sorry! I'm at work, and a tad bit buys, so my reply wasn't overly well thought out. =\ But yeah. Good questions. ^_^ Interested to know, as well.

Sorry it's taking me so long, I got called into work. I prolly won't be able to start it til tomorrow. And to clear everything up, upon his coronation, my character, Vespa, is searching the world for its best and bravest. Because his profession required traveling, he and many of the other characters will have had some previous history. Because of that, he will be seeking many of them out. I'm still stumped on a name for the group, though. Possibly something with heart in it, like Lionhearts, Dragonhearts, Ravenhearts. Or maybe something containing group synonyms such as band, league, order, or force. Any ideas?

Hmm. Not any off the top of my head. Thank you for the clarification. I'll need to think on it a bit tonight, and see if there's anything in particular that I'll be able to contribute, as far as some sort of title for the group.

Sounds good, thanks 
Btw, here's the prototype for the Profile Format:

Username:

Name:

Job:

Weapon:

Summon

Appearance:

Bio:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back