• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Final Fantasy Fabula | IC

Blu

ᴏɴʟʏ ᴄᴏʟᴏʀꜱ ʟᴇꜰᴛ ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
eZ2DQ2b.png

6lA2RRh.png
New Game​
Load Game​
OOC
Map
Bestiary​

Last edited:
This is a story of loss.
A story for those searching...
... in spite of fear...
... for answers to who they are and why they're here.

To find the place where they belong.
.​

Decima, circa 1800: a dry day on the Dark Continent. The crystal-clear blue sky is as a still painting. The sun bathes beams of golden luminescence onto the remote forest below; a proud display of emerald green among the countless trees. Within the forest interior is a wooden cottage―its oaken exterior brushed by sun. Deeper into the forest is a slight clearing. A relic of a time before man protrudes from the grassy ground, but only half of it. Its shape is like that of man but its composition is entirely metal, now decayed and rusted by the passage of time and the trial of weather; no life upon its mossy visage. A young man garbed in fabric and fur rests upon the metal giant's shoulder―his blond hair blows in the soft wind and his ear is adorned with a chocobo feather. A worn, wooden flute to his lips, he plays his song with delicacy as the forest animals, Moogles, and Chocobos gather.

Moving briskly through the forest is a party of four. Two men among them are ages twenty-five and twenty-two respectively; one with short brown hair and one with medium-length red hair. Both are wearing similar leather armor and carrying similar rifles. Another, younger and shorter looking man is with them; his dark blonde hair covered by a cap. He carries a slightly different rifle slung over his shoulder. A young woman follows behind them. She has light pink hair adorned by an accessory. One of the older men can hear the distant sound of a flute being played.

"Do you hear that?"

"Ignore it. We're almost there."

"Right." He turns his head back to the young man with the cap. "Hey Lamedon, make sure she stays outta trouble." He motions his head towards the young woman a few feet back. Sometime later, they arrive at their destination: a quiet village bordering the forest they were just in. Their very first stop: the local inn. The de facto leader of the group―the oldest with short brown hair―sits down at a table furthest away from the others and motions the three followers to gather around. Once they all take their seats, he addresses them.

"We'll spend the night here but we're leaving at first dawn. I don't want to take any chances with the goons from Wolfkrone on our trail. This village doesn't have much in the way of things to keep you occupied, but look around, talk to the locals―you might learn something worthwhile." He looks directly at Lamedon. "You're in charge of her." He gets up from his seat and proceeds away from the table. Before he goes, he asks one last question. "You still have the crystal right?"

Within the forest, the young man with the chocobo feather earring walks back to his residence: the wooden cottage. But on his way back he notices a peculiar object on the forest floor. "Hmm?" He picks it up an examines it: it's an egg-shaped crystal. "Now where did you come from...?"

Last edited:
Lamedon Livingstone

The walk had been a tiring, yet fulfilling one in Lamedon's eyes. they had completed their mission, and he was but one step closer to the goal. Nature was wonderful, but it was even better when he didn't need to worry about said nature trying to eat him. "Come along then, we just got abit more to go!" he cooed to his newly made acquaintance, whom addressed herself as R-27. An odd name, but he wasn't about to make any judgements.

Make her stay out of trouble... that would be a toughie, but simple enough, he just had to keep watch over the lady so she didn't do anything weird! Real easy! "Oh? She'll be fine, I'll be with her all the way." his smile couldn't get any brighter as they actually entered the town, causing the smaller man to hold R-27's hand as they walked. "Follow me, we'll check out the village later okay? I'm certain we'll have just a little meeting before we head off." he once again explained to the naive and not fully there in the head woman.

Indeed, there was a meeting.

Indeed, there was important things to say.

And indeed, Lamedon was once again told to keep R-27 in line.

But once he began to answer the man's second question he reached into his bag. "Oh yes I have it right in my bag here, had it all the way at the bottom so it could not get away from us." his smile was sickeningly sweet, perhaps purposefully so to show, in his own way, discontent with being ordered around like some misbehaving idiot.

Of course, they'd ask if he had to crystal, as if he was foolish enough to... drop... it...?

He never knew his satchel to be that deep, nor include a hardwood floor in the bottom, yes, quite, this was most certainly a pickle.

The small man shifted his bag and began rummaging through it with a hurried pace, examining several different bags and spaces within his satchel... before sitting back in his seat with a very, very, VERY long sigh. "Well then, it seems the small jaunt through the woods ripped a hole in my bag..." the young man's leg bounced up and down as he sat, as he stuffed his bag full again and pushing his exxtra cloak to the bottom to clog the hole until he can fix it. "Surely it cannot be to far back in the woods, I'm most certain if we searched for a time we'd find it." his smile did not belay the gritting of teeth, he was QUITE unhappy with this new turn of events, most certainly so.

"On the topic of our... work.. Who among us has the other object of concern?" he asked the two, fully ready to put his very tired feet back to work again.

How long has it been ever since he left? Ten years maybe, time traveled fast for Sage when he traversed through the lands. He had eaten many kinds of foods, and hid from the most deadly encounters he could of faced. Though this forest was sure a sight. Every forest was unique, and the difference were drastic. The mysterious ruin like artifacts were laying about covered in greens. It seemed rather peaceful, and ever since he entered in there weren't any encounters with monsters. Though it came a surprise to him that there was a village here.

It was normal, and again peaceful like the others he's been to. It was strange that he'd never heard about this town, though it was probably because he never asked where the next village was. Of course he'd enter in the village thinking it would be nice to rest for a little bit. He'd needed to restock on food, and other necessities. While he was walking by he'd notice another group of people that had already arrive. That didn't really matter to him, so he left so he could restock on food.

R-27_Banner.jpg

The pink haired girl seemed to have infinite energy the entire trip. Since she had been freed, most of her time had been sent wandering off, curiously looking upon things, poking her nose in places she shouldn't. She seemed to have an infinite amount of stamina behind her, but who could blame her? She had been locked away and kept in a boring plain white room for most of her life. What little interaction she had was with people wearing strange bulky suits or through some speaking not directly speaking with someone. For her it was a completely alien concept to be out in the world, being around actual human beings. She hadn't the slightest clue about anything in the world, making even some of the simplest things fascinating for the girl.

She held onto Lamedon's hand, or perhaps it was less her holding onto his hand as much as him gripping hers to keep her from wandering off. A few times she had felt a little tug when she had started to venture away curious to peek on something interesting. She had been so quick saying hello to everyone she had passed being overly enthusiastic with each greeting she gave causing a few awkward looks to be directed at her in the process. She had seen the strange looks though for her she didn't have the slightest clu what they were about. She just suspected that was typically how people responded to being greeted. Perhaps out of sheer obliviousness or her own excitement working her up she didn't really even register the fact she had been talked about directly to be carefully watched over.

R-27 looked on curiously as Lamedon dug in his bag, fishing for something. She blinked looking confused, scratching at her chin. She was fascinated by the pack, it made sense tio have such an object to hold items in though she truthfully never had seen one to even think it was something people used in the outside world. Even something as simple as a satchel was such an interesting thing to look at. Her head turned up hearing her companions words as they slipped out with a sigh, confused by the sound and his tone. She smiled brightly, nearly bouncing in response as she saw it was a chance for her to speak up... at least this time without being told to settle down and keep quiet as she had been during their initial escape.

"Oh! I thought your satchel was suppose to do that. I was wondering why you would just let your stuff fall out as you walk, it seemed like it would be a hassle to drop stuff if your keeping it in your carry bag like that to store away." She spoke keeping up a bright bubbly smile. She had witnessed the object fall from the satchel... along with a few other goods he had. She had simply shrugged it off as being something that normally happened, not wanting to speak up after being told to settle down and not talk as much after her long excited ramblings early on.

"Oooo! Can we check out all the places here? Maybe talk with some people? This place seems fun! Oh... am I allowed to talk up again? I think I was told to wait till we were somewhere safe, does a place like this count as safe? " She spoke happily, nearly starting to ramble a bit though catching herself this time before she went on a long winded tangent. R-27 was nearly bouncing in place not in the slightest bit realizing the seriousness of what had happened with Lamedon accidentally losing the egg shaped crystal.

The first sign Sylphie had of arriving at a village was literally spotting a house covered with vines in the thick foliage of the forest.

She'd been traveling for weeks now with barely another human being in sight. Thankfully, despite the ominous name the Dark Continent bore, Sylphie had successfully avoided the fearsome monsters said to lair in its environs. She'd come upon a path two days ago and with the sight of more homes looming ahead, it seemed to end in this village.

The Mortwright inspected her map, frowned at the absence of this little community on it, then shrugged and rolled it back up into her scroll case. This place was too far north to have encountered the Funereal Order of Righteous Morticians and Embalmers in all likelhood so her distinctive gray robes would make little impression here. But clearly this was a safe little community or it'd have walls, defenses, ways of keeping the monsters away.

Sylphie wondered how they put their ancestors to rest.

Venturing into the town, she smiled and breathed in the fresh scents of the forest mixed with more familiar smells of civilization. Baking bread, fragrant gardens and from somewhere the odor of farm animals. Sylphie pondered the possibility of actually sleeping indoors tonight. All would depend on how expensive the village inn was, if this community was even large enough to have such a place.

...They do have such a place! Sylphie's heart lifts as her nose tells her its the source of the baked bread scent she'd been following for minutes now. Despite her weary legs, the Mortwright picked up her pace until her legs carried her inside of the local inn. She lingered in the threshold, basking in the hospitable environment and the sight of other human beings. Weeks? Maybe a month since she'd seen another human being.

A group of four occupied a far table and she spared them a curious look, particularly the bubbly looking pink-haired girl. It didn't stop her from walking to the counter and hopping up on a stool, though. "I'd like..." Sylphie had no idea what the menu was like in a place like this. "Something fresh and delicious please," she finished.

At the request of their leader to produce the aforementioned crystal, Lamedon digs around in his bag and comes up with nothing; instead, discovering a sizable hole in its place at the very bottom. Their compatriot with red hair chuckles lightly at their misfortune and their leader seems apathetic of their loss. That's when the pink-haired girl speaks up and realizes that the satchel was not designed with the unfortunate hole. She also inquires about permission to stroll the village. "It's certainly unfortunate that we lost it but it isn't our mission." Speaking of which, Lamedon asks about the object that is the relevant to their mission. Their leader motions his head to the red-haired fellow.

"Got it right here." He pulls his jacket apart and reveals a scroll within a brass case.

Their leader then looks at the pink-haired girl. "You may explore the village, R-27. But just the village. And accompanied by Lamedon of course. Now if you'll excuse me, I'll talk to the innkeeper about securing our room for the night."

"I'll leave the two of you to it." The red-haired fellow gets up from his seat and heads for the door. Before he goes outside, he looks back to Lamedon. "Good work with the mission. He doesn't show it," referring to their leader, "but he's looking to promote you." His last words before heading out.

The party's leader passes a blonde-haired woman and recognizes her clothes: a Mortwright of the Funereal Order of Righteous Morticians and Embalmers. But what is she is doing this far north? Nevertheless, he gives a polite nod as he passes her and heads to the innkeeper's desk. "How much for a night?"

"30 Gil. We have the best beds around, ya know? Guaranteed to have you waking up feelin' like new."

"I don't doubt it." The leader chuckles before handing the innkeeper his payment.

Meanwhile, the Mortwright from earlier has just ordered some food after her long journey. "You're in luck. Fresh baked meat pies just out of the oven less than five minutes since you walked in here. Go ahead 'n pay the man at the desk 2 Gil. I'll be right back with the pie." The server, a middle-aged woman, tells the Mortwright.

Just outside of the inn, the smell of freshly-baked pies permeates the air, attracting the attention of a young man who looks to have quite the nose for cuisine. The white-haired, white-garbed man finds himself speaking to the cook, or rather, the cook decides to strike up a conversation with the curious fellow. "Smell that? Freshly baked garula shank meat pies. Melt. In. Your. Mouth. I'm tellin' ya! Come on in, stranger. You don't wanna miss this."

As Sylphie sat at the counter, she noticed a man just a bit older than her wearing leather armor and sporting a rifle come up beside her. When he nodded her way, she returned the friendly greeting with a smile and a polite tip of the head out of respect. The man's question was a good one; she hadn't gotten around to asking about the cost of accommodation. Fishing around in her coin purse, Sylphie weighed the expense of the room against her remaining funds. On one hand, she hadn't slept in a bed in a month. On the other hand, she needed to restock on provisions and she'd had no income during her trip. The Mondnacht Morticians received donations to cover their expenses usually, as they were widely famed for their rituals to preserve the dead and to prevent the rise of the undead, where that was desired. No people meant no opportunity. And with a village this small...

Couldn't hurt to ask, though.

When Sylphie settles up with the man at the desk for the meat pie, she asks "Have you had any trouble with the dead in these parts? Or anyone pass away recently? I'm a Mortwright of the Funereal Order of Righteous Morticians and Embalmers, out of Mondnacht Atoll. I'd be happy to speak a prayer and seek a blessing for them."

"This is a quiet village," the man said, giving the girl a suspicious look. "We haven't had any trouble with either."

"Oh. Well, I'm glad for you." Sylphie smiled to show she meant it and returned to her seat, just in time to receive a delicious meat pie! "Thank you!" she says to the nice server woman.

Misuteeku Misuteeku
If Sage enters the Inn, he'll find a young woman in a gray robe just about to dine on a meat pie. Spotting a fellow traveler, she'd wave him over and say, "Have a seat, eat with me! I've been traveling for ages and I'd love to know where you're from, where you're going and maybe what you know about the route!"

The aroma of the meat pies dragged Sage over towards them. He'd have to agree with the man it did smell awfully good. Reaching into his robe to find some gil, he started to pick out the exact change for the man. "Well if you say it's good, and it smells good then I'll take one then." Sage said as gave the man the gil needed to purchase the meat pie. After receiving the meat pie, he thanked the man before leaving. He'd need to enjoy the meat pie first, before doing anything else so he went into the Inn.

As soon as he entered he heard a voice calling over to him. Turning his head around, he saw the women who was calling over to him. She looked older than himself which didn't really surprise him that much. He was about to ignore her until he saw the meat pie. Trudging over to the women he sat himself down right in front of her. He cleared his 'fork' as he ate a piece of his meat pie. When she spoke he took a moment before responding. "I forgot where I came from to be exact, it's been many years since I've been out." Sage said as he ate his meat pie. He took a piece of hers in secret with his 'fork' and entered it into his mouth. "I'm just a wanderer at this point I have no real destination, but I do check on the dangerous ahead. So what do you need to know about?"

Epiphany Epiphany

Lamedon Livingstone
"Ah..." the man nodded, happy he wasn't about to get a ear twisting from his compatriots. Though he still did want to go out searching for the egg crystal, they were right in the fact it was not their mission.... But he was looking forwards to the extra pay he could scrounge out of it. They were being paid a hefty price for the plans, but it would be the icing on the cake. An extra step towards his dream! And if his employer wouldn't buy it, he would pawn it.

Yes... he would need to get that crystal back...

"Alright love, lets get moving then. You want to check out the town right? Well then, lets go into town. We'll be back by nightfall." he nodded to the red haired man before taking up R-27's hand again. "Come along now love, see if we can't find something for you to look at hmm?" his smile was genuine and charming, but he had no intention of sticking around the village while that possibly priceless artifact was laying around in some mud pile!

His future airship was on the line!!

Leading the young lady he caught a whiff of a pie a odd looking couple was sharing not too far from the door. Was that a Mondnacht Mortician? Weird family to try and get into, couldn't blame the guy as she was a rather nice looking lady... Though she'd look better in some color he'd say, gray was so... Lifeless....

...Might be the point actually.

Though, the meat pie looked to be quite the delight.

Ah shoot, he was staring, best he started moving before R-27 got it in her head to start some trouble again.

[Hint hint Hanarei Hanarei hint hint]

R-27_Banner.jpg

A wide grin had quickly filled 27's face as she was given permission to explore the village. It wasn't complete freedom, having stipulations to it but for someone who was locked away it was far more freedom then she knew what to even do with it. She was on cloud nine in what seemed to her like some amazing dream. It was a miracle they could even keep her from bouncing around off the walls. Everything was so new and it didn't at all seem to be getting boring for her as time went by. There was just so much left to experience and she planned on seeing everything she could!

"Yes sir!" She spoke happily, bowing her head overly enthusiastic in what was a rather unusual fashion, not really knowing how to properly show gratitude. She would of jumped on him and given a hug if she hadn't done so already. She felt Lamedon's hand holding onto it again. It was likely most would see as treating them as a child but she really didn't know better to judge it as such. It was kind of nice having someone hold your hand instead of just hearing them through a one way mirror or rather bulky looking suit.

She looked at Lamedon, confused. "Why do you keep addressing me as Love? it seems wierd... and why are you called Lamedon anyways? I don't recall any meaning to that word at all... isn't it easier to call people by their number or to address them as sir or ma'am if they want to be all secretive about it?" She questioned him as her hand had quickly slipped away from his grasp as she sniffed in the air. Her eyes quickly fell upon the meat pie looking on not at all seeming to even recognize the person who Lamedon was looking at in fascination. It smelled so good... nothing dull like what she ate at the lab!

She shuffled away quickly giving her 'guardian' no chance to react as she walked up to Sylphie and Sage. She boldly reached down, grabbing some of the pie just after Sage had taken some to bite into, scooping it up in the hand. "Mmm... ow... mmmm..." She commented feeling it still a bit hot though at least not scolding hot that it simply gave her a little bit of brief discomfort. She took a bite, casually eating some of the pie looking quite happy not even realizing what she was doing was wrong as she ate some of the pie in front of the two oblivious that she was just taking someone else's food as she stuck her hand in to get another bite.

"Tasty!"

Orikanyo Orikanyo Misuteeku Misuteeku Epiphany Epiphany Blu Blu

There was moment of silence as Sage just looked at the girl strangely. He just sat there confused for a good two minutes before snapping back into the reality. Why did she just take 'his' food? The girl didn't even look guilty, but rather innocent, and oblivious to the fact she just stole something from him. He would be grumpy, but the girl's expression when eating the meat pie. It was as if she had never tasted anything like it before. Slowly putting his 'fork' back into his robe, he turned to the girl.

"Miss, why did you snatch a piece of my meat pie away from me?" Sage asked as he observed her. The girl was way too innocent in those clothes. She could be a scholar for all he cared, but those clothes made her out to be cute, and non-dangerous. There was no possible way that she was from any village given that someone would at least teach her what was right or wrong. Though he probably the only one here confused.

Orikanyo Orikanyo Misuteeku Misuteeku Epiphany Epiphany Blu Blu

Lamedon took his eyes off of R-27 for one second and off she goes getting herself into trouble; in this case: snatching a piece of someone's pie. The white-haired young man seems entirely confused about the situation and asks R-27 why she did what she did. "Sorry, she doesn't mean any harm." The party leader walks over to the table. He motions Lamedon over to take control of R-27. "She's led a very sheltered life and her parents weren't the best teachers of proper social conduct." Hopefully that excuse does the trick, but just in case. "Let me correct this. Excuse me, Ma'am, another pie for this man here." The waitress from over yonder nods in acknowledgment. He then looks at R-27. "It's not right to take something that's not yours. You should apologize to-" He stops and looks at the man to give his name. "Apologize to Sage please."

Evening

A lot of time passes and nightfall comes to the land. After R-27's little mishap at the inn, Lamedon takes her to the forest—ignoring the party leader's orders to stay in the village—to look for their lost crystal egg. Such an object could fetch quite the Gil. Maybe even enough to secure Lamedon an airship of his own like he's always wanted. But first the crystal. The clock winds forward and their search is to no avail. "Looking for something?" a voice emanates from behind Lamedon and R-27. Sitting on a thick branch of a tree is the young man with the chocobo feather earring.

During the pie incident, a discussion had taken place about a cottage in this very forest to which the waitress had explained that a young man lives there and they call him the forest's "Guardian". Could this person very well be him? He jumps down from the tree and walks towards the two of them. "You two aren't residents of the nearby village. You're travelers. And travelers shouldn't be out and about in my forest this late. So what are you doing out here?" He questions them. Not a very trusting fellow it seems.

Suddenly, the recognizable cries of a chocobo can be heard in the near distance, alarming the young man. From the treeline, dozens of deer and other forest creatures come bursting forward, running for their lives. The young man pushes Lamedon and R-27 to a nearby tree to take shelter from the incoming stampede. "What's going on?!" He questions to no one in particular. When the stampede passes, he runs out from behind the tree and notices a smoke-painted sky. Without speaking, he runs off in the direction of the source.

Arriving at a clearing, he takes cover from behind a tree and notices armored soldiers with flamethrowers burning down the forest. A mix of confusion and terror can be seen on the yong man's face. Why are these soldiers doing this to his home? Whatever their reasons, he must stop them.

Back in the village, the party leader is woken up by the sound of the town bell. He abruptly gets up from his bed and looks outside the window, seeing homes ablaze and villagers laying dead on the streets. "No...! Wolfkrone Soldiers-" The room door is kicked open and in comes a Wolfkronian soldier with rifle in hand. Rolling to avoid the gunfire, the party leader picks up his own rifle and fires, killing the Wolfkrone soldier. He leaps over the body and heads downstairs where he sees the Mortwright—learning that her name is Sylphie from their conversation earlier in the day—and Sage standing over the bodies of two Wolfkrone soldiers. "You two can fight?" He asks them. He then sees the bodies of the innkeeper and the waitress over in a corner of the room. "Damn it..."

Misuteeku Misuteeku
Sylphie's delighted to have company after so long by herself. "You don't remember where you're from? That's...unusual." Was he not interested in talking about himself? Most people uninterested in conversation would just blow off the question, not make up an unbelievable excuse. Which made it likely that he was telling the truth. How interesting! "I'm something of a wanderer too," she admitted, "Though in my case I'm wandering with a purpose. I'm trying to find a way of freeing my ancestral homeland from the curse that's overtaken it. My family's pretty much given up on ever going home again but I'm the last child born who remembers the Atoll at all. Remembering where you came from, your history, honoring your ancestors, that's important."

"So is knowing about where you're going. Encounter any interesting monsters or obstacles to avoid around here? I've been going by maps but they're not very detailed. They didn't even have this village!"

Hanarei Hanarei
At which point the pink haired girl interrupted their lunch...by eating their lunch. Sylphie's mouth dropped open and she stared in astonishment. There wasn't even a hint that this was out of place behavior from the other girl. When the other girl reached down for another handful, Sylphie just shrugged and put a fork in the girl's hand. "If you're going to share the pie, you don't have to share everything."

"Miss, why did you snatch a piece of my meat pie away from me?" the young man before her asked.

"Maybe it's a local custom," Sylphie offered helpfully.

Blu Blu
When the rest of the pink-haired girl's party got involved, Sylphie smiled particularly in appreciation of another pie being ordered for the table. "Oh, don't worry about it, I deal with a lot of different cultures and practices. Though I can only speak for myself. My new friend here...Sage was it? May feel differently!"

By that evening, Sylphie settles up for a comfortable bed and turns in early. She was exhausted after an arduous month of travel.

So she's understandingly grumpy to be woken up by a loud, annoying bell. A moment later, fear prickles down her spine and she tumbled out from beneath the covers. A town bell in the middle of the night usually meant an emergency! Throwing her robes back on, Sylphie snagged her pack which was gladly still packed as she'd been too tired to unload it for one night.

Opening the door, she was shocked to find a soldier with a rifle on the other side of it. As he lifted the gun to shoot, Sylphie slammed it shut in his face. A strangled scream escaped her lips when bullets ripped through the wood, barely missing her. Sylphie snatched her ceremonial knife from her belt and flung the door open, just as the soldier tried to knock it down with one armored shoulder. The man stumbled, fell to one knee and the Mortwright was on him, her blade punching through and down at the crease in his neck where the armor was weakest for the sake of mobility. She left the man to bleed, fleeing her room for the common room and the exit.

At which point, Sylphie ran into a pair of soldiers in the process of shooting the innkeeper and the nice waitress who brought her the meat pie earlier in the day. Rage filled the Mortwright and she flung both hands in the direction of the men with the Oath, "Ancestors heed my call!" Ghostly white spectral energy coalesced within a second, forming the shape of a skeleton. It seized one of the soldiers from behind and drew him to the ground, bony hands locked around the murderer's throat, choking him before crushing his windpipe.

Then the party leader arrived. Sylphie panted for a moment, one hand clenching a bloody knife. "We can't stay here," she warned both men. "I-I think the village is on fire..."

When the events occurred Sage was in his room writing in his journal. It was a daily thing he did every single day, so he could remember what he had done. Though that activity was immediately interrupted when several noises rang out. Groaning in tiredness, and laziness Sage was tempted to stay inside the room, but the bells rang too loud so there really not point in staying inside of the room. Opening the door slowly he observed the surroundings of the hall.

There was that lady that had the meat pie, whose name he couldn't remember because he forgot about it by the time she said it out loud. Exiting out of the room quietly, and looking around the lady must of done quite the number on the soldiers who'd he presume would cause the fiery noise outside. Just to make sure that he was dead despite the fact that the guy's wind pipe was probably crush given that the skeleton still had his hands around his throat, he kneeled down to see who this guy was. The guy was certainly not alive when he checked his pulse, and the armor didn't look familiar to him at all which made him curious who was he.

R-27_Banner.jpg

With the awkward moment and perhaps a bit half hearted apologies out of the way (not out of lack of caring as much as confusion on R-27's part) the rest of the evening was pretty simplistic. She had been friendly with the others, her curious nature playing a large part of their time in the village, being kept on a bit tighter leash after the pie incident from earlier. It had taken her by surprise when she had been urged by Lamedon to head into the woods. She had followed along, in part due to being ordered to do so though not really minding too much. She had some regret not spending more time in the town but it was something she would get to see soon enough after they found that crystal thing.

R-27 had picked up her head, looking puzzled as a man jumped out from the tree before them. Her eyes fixated on him, titling her head curiously, noticing the rather strange early. She reached her hand up, feeling her ear as if wondering if she had some sort of fancy anointment on her own ear. She hadn't realized that was a thing people had done out in the outside world. It seemed a bit strange... yet she couldn't help but be fascinated by it. She could only wonder what the purpose of it was if it had some practical use or if it was some sort of fashion choice.

"Oh! Hello mister how are you? It is nice to meet you! I don't expect people in the forest its..." She spoke her rambling cut off as they were suddenly nudged into cover away from the incoming stampede. She looked on seeming a bit dazed. "Wow... I didn't know animals did that! They don't do that usually? is it like they are going to some kind of gathering or event or..." She spoke as the man darted out suddenly, taking off. She tilted her head to the side, looking curiously on in the direction he went. She started to walk forward heading in the direction the man headed in, her curiosity peeking wondering what exactly was going on.

Blu Blu

The young man with the chocobo feather earring looks on in horror as the soldiers burn down his homeland. Why? Why are they doing this? The questions race through his mind but, even more so, an uncontrollable rage dominates his thoughts. He has to stop them. A ways back, Lamedon considers what to do about the situation. It's clear what is happening: an assault from Wolfkronian soldiers. The rational thing to do is obviously report to the party leader but before he can call out to R-27, he sees her walking in the direction the young man ran off towards, seemingly oblivious to how dire the situation is.

Lamedon attempts to call out to her but he overhears the faint communication of soldiers in the backdrop and stops himself to avoid drawing attention. Instead, he runs up to R-27 and takes her by the hand. "Don't wander off without me. It's dangerous here." He tells her before letting go of her. He places one finger over his lips to let her know to be quiet. "Follow me." Hopefully she does so. Lamedon does his best to navigate the forest but it proves difficult because of the chaos around him. Eventually, he mistakenly stumbles upon the clearing where the young man from earlier had ran off to—the last place he needs to be.

Lamedon sees the young man standing over the bodies of several soldiers, blood stains on his face and clothing and with an unusual weapon in hand: a two-bladed sword. An interesting weapon indeed but that's a topic to ponder upon later. The young man looks back with anger shown visibly in his eyes. He rushes at Lamedon and pins him against a nearby tree. Quite the physical strength from someone who seems so unassuming! "Tell me the truth: are these soldiers with you?!" he demands.

"You've got it all wrong. They're my enemy too. If I were with them, I wouldn't have hesitated to shoot you just now before you took notice." Lamedon explains, gesturing calmly to his rifle. The young man considers this for a second. "Not trusting of strangers right? Well, I'm Lamedon. Nice to meet you-"

"Fayte." He releases his hold on Lamedon and backs away. If R-27 had followed like he asked, Lamedon would introduce her too. "Look, we gotta get out of here before more of them show up."

"Let them come. I'll cut them all down."

"Suit yourself but she and I are getting out of-" Before the sentence is completed, three soldiers arrive on the scene. Lamedon sighs and removes his rifle from its sling. "Guess we're fighting." Lamedon looks to R-27. "These soldiers are looking to take you back to your cage or they'll kill you. Either way—freedom or survival—you'll have to fight to earn it. Can you do this?" He asks. Hanarei Hanarei

Back at the village, the party leader meets up with Sylphie and Sage. Sylphie warns that they need to escape the village and states that the village has been set ablaze. The party leader peaks outside the window and confirms Sylphie's suspicion. "You're right on both counts. But I can't leave yet. Not without my companions." he tells her. He then notices Sage examining one of the dead soldiers who seems to have been killed by a skeleton. Necromancy Magic? An exceedingly rare sight in the world. Ironically, a dying sect of Magic. He doesn't want to presume but he instinctively glances at Sylphie. She is a Mortwright of the Order after all.

He looks back at Sage. "Wolkronian soldier. I know that armor anywhere." He tells Sage but keeps discreet the reason as to why they've showed up to this remote village. "I have to find my companions but I rather not lead you two into any more danger as it is. You two should get out of the village now." Without saying anything else, he opens the door of the inn and rushes outside, ready to fire at any soldier he sees. No one. Not yet. The village around him burns as more dead villagers are strewn about. Damn it all! The savagery of these soldiers. Why go after the many innocent people when you're looking for a few?

Suddenly a stray bullet grazes the party leader's shoulder. He winces and ducks behind the exterior of the inn. Three soldiers close in on his position, they are unaware of Sylphie and Sage. Epiphany Epiphany Misuteeku Misuteeku

Last edited:
R-27_Banner.jpg

R-27 had followed behind, urged to follow Lamedon despite her earlier wandering off to try to follow the boy. She tended to generally listen when she was asked of something... so long as it wouldn't get her trapped again back in the white room. The blonde followed close behind, as if by fate the two of them arriving exactly where the boy from earlier had traveled to. She glanced around at the clearly, seeing the various dead bodies. She didn't at all seem to be disturbed by the sight, in an almost twisted and childish way being fascinated by it. She turned her head looking back to the chocobo earing guy. She raised her hand happily interupting Lamedon before he could speak.

"Hello! I am identified as R-27! It is nice to meet you mister! What is with so many people having weird forms of identity, it seems like it would be very inefficient." She spoke seeming to show more intelligence despite how child-like she could be. It wasn't hard to see just what a strange case she was. Her attention had been shifted as enemy soldiers arrived. She smiled brightly looking at him raising her hand not seeming to realize the threat they were at first.

"Hello I am R-27, it is nice to meet..." She spoke blurting out before Lamedom spoke out pointing what the were there for. She looked on shaking her ehad a bit. "I... I don't want to go back... specially not yet! K.. kill?" She spoke seeming to not fully understand the concept of death before lifting her hand up. A purple orb slung out from her side, hovering in the air. It seemed to be controlled effortlessly by the girl as it hovered above her hand. "I don't wanna go back yet! I wanna see more!" She spoke with conviction showing her willingness to fight, despite lacking much experience in doing so.

Blu Blu

"Wolkronian?" Sylphie had heard of them, of course. An empire to the north, one of the 'big three' in this world. Why would they be burning this village down and killing everyone in it?

Lost as she grappled with understanding this horrific disaster, she barely heard the party leader's warning to flee. But his abrupt exit shook her from her reverie. Sylphie looked after the departing man, shocked by the slaughter, but gradually rising to it. Instead, the Mortwright turned to look at Sage.

Misuteeku Misuteeku
"We need to escape while we still can. But if there's anyone we can save, we should try. Will you help me? I'll keep you as safe as I can but we have to help those we can. Generations have lived here and died here; their ancestors can't be abandoned because all of their living descendants are dead, not if we can help it!"

Stiffened by resolve, Sylphie peeked out the door and blinked back tears from the smoke, the flames and the death. Spectral energies rallied around her, fed by the carnage, begging to be unleashed at those who caused their deaths. Compared to many more experienced in the Mortician's Order, she was only a lowly Mortwright and barely able to rouse a skeleton so far. But for the sake of those who still lived, she had to try.

Starting with the party leader, who was clearly wounded and pinned down by advancing soldiers. Three of them! Perhaps she could even the odds.

Once more, Sylphie called out "Ancestors, heed my call!" and summoned forth the ambient necrotic energy of the burning town, bringing up a skeleton that she immediately sent at the nearest soldier, ambushing him from behind.

Sage just looked at the blonde male. The word 'Wolkronian' didn't ring any bells to him, mostly because he forgot they existed. He was taking it in casually. The fire, and dead corpses seemingly had no effect on him, since overall there was nothing he could do about them. They were also dead, and he expected the guy who sold him meat pies to be dead as well. A real shame he did serve great meat pies.

Then his attention turned back at the women who just killed the man, the one which he kneeled beside to. What she said was rather interesting. It was a long time, since he killed a man, or eaten a monster so he was in the long run useless right now. He just merely shrugged at her, until the blonde man got shot. Normally he wouldn't care, but blood was sure to come out of the wound. He looked at the blonde man at disgust, not for his actions but for the wound he had. His feeling for drinking alive people's blood still flew through him, which made him shake his head. Seeing that Sylphie decided to assist the man, and the girl, who stole his food, he decided he might as well join in. Taking out his knife, he was prepared to ambush on of the men, and stab their spine.

Acknowledging R-27's conviction, Lamedon shoots her a smile along with a single nod. "Come on." He simply tells her before walking towards Fayte with rifle in hand. Fayte seems affixed on the soldiers; therein lies a burning determination for vengeance in the deep forest pools of his eyes. But only when he sees Lamedon taking a stance beside him that he is brought momentarily out of his focus. He does the same for R-27, recognizing her willingness to fight. In this moment: he knows they are not his enemies.

Three Wolfkronian soldiers stand in our heroes' way and their goals: vengeance, freedom, duty. "Be careful." Fayte tells R-27 and Lamedon. The soldiers aim their guns, ready to fire, but Fayte makes the first move. He rushes toward the first soldier in his path with unnerving speed, catching the soldier by surprise. He strikes the soldier with his double-bladed sword which the soldier fails to evade (30 damage to Wolfkrone Soldier 1). It hits hard enough to knock the soldier a few feet back but does not take him down. The same soldier curses at Fayte and brings the barrel of his rifle up then fires a volley of bullets.

Fayte performs a series of slashes to essentially block the bullets but a few do graze Fayte's arm (15 damage to Fayte). Holding his sword horizontally in front of him, Fayte presses his right palm unto the blades and guides it along. Fire envelopes the blades of his sword (Fire Sword: - 6 MP). Leaping upon the same soldier, Fayte brings down his fiery sword and scores a direct blow (40 Fire damage to Wolfkrone Soldier 1). The burning blades cut through the soldier's armor and flesh, rendering the soldier dead.

Another soldiers lines up a shot at Lamedon and fires but Lamedon manages to roll out of the trajectory (Evade: Rolled 15). Lamedon counters with several shots from his own rifle (25 damage to Wolfkrone Soldier 2). The rounds barely dents the soldier's armor. But Lamedon has a few tricks up of his sleeves. Infusing his special rifle with Magic, he charges up a single powerful round (Piercing Shot: - 8 MP). He lets loose the bullet and it whizzes through the air at alarming speed and ferocity; eventually finding its way through the soldier's tough armor (38 damage to Wolfkrone Soldier 2). The soldier is bleeding out and barely standing. The last soldier fires at R-27, believing that she will be the easiest to take down (If it hits: 30 Damage to R-27). Hanarei Hanarei

Fayte
99 / 114 HP
30 / 36 MP
Actions:
Used Attack > Wolfkrone Soldier 1
Used Defend
Used Fire Sword > Wolfkrone Soldier 1

Lamedon
92 / 92 HP
50 / 58 MP
Actions:
Used Evade
Used Attack > Wolfkrone Soldier 2
Used Piercing Shot > Wolfkrone Soldier 2

Wolfkrone Soldier 1
---

Wolfkrone Soldier 2
7 / 70 HP
--- MP
Actions:
Used Attack > Lamedon

Wolfkrone Soldier 3
70 / 70 HP
--- MP
Actions:
Used Attack > R-27

R-27_Banner.jpg
R-27
HP: 30/60
PP: 78/90
R-27 stood not quite certain what to do though being resolute. She had no desire of giving up and going back. She let out a light cry as she was shot, not at all expecting such a thing. The pain struck her quickly, the inexperienced girl not at all expecting the pain that accompanied it. She looked on, almost as if she was about to cry as her eyes were wet. Despite her pained look, she stood resolute in place. She was hurt bad by the attack but she wasn't willing to go back. I don't want to go back there... not yet...

R-27 held her hand back. She suddenly flung her hand forward as if in a tossing motion, her orb flying in response from its floating position. The orb flew at the soldier she had been struck by, smashing into it. Her hand gestured, controlling the orb from a distance, directing it to fly back around to smack the soldier again. She gestured the orb back, holding her hand up attempting to grab anything nearby she could that could cause damage. She tossed her hand forward, using Telekentic throw to toss whatever she could to strike the soldier where he stood, not willing to give in despite having been shot.

Actions:
Attack > Wolfkrone Soldier 3
Telekinetic Throw > Wolfkrone Soldier 3

There wasn't much to say as the random blonde guy absolutely murdered one of the soldiers. So his question was answered. Wolfkrone Soldiers... never heard of them before. Scratch that he probably did hear about them, but he didn't care enough to remember them. Taking out his knife, he was prepared to stab one of them. Immediately engaging the injured soldier that took damage from Lamedon, he stabbed the man with the world's worst combat knife in his existence. The man probably went down, as he turned around to look at the others.

The was only one left, and he was sent flying against the wall. Taking this opportunity, he immediately left to stab the other guy. Viciously coming up, he stabbed the man. After the first one, he did a second time. There wasn't anything else to say as the guy probably was dead after how many stabs with his useless fork. Though he did need to clean it up, eating with blood on it was probably hazardous to his health.

Actions:
Attack > Wolfkrone Soldier 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back