• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles :: The Journey Starts Here

ShotoNemar

Yup.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Final-Fantasy-Crystal-Chronicles-Remastered-Edition-image.jpg
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
One of my absolute favorite games, and an amazing one at that. I tried to start this RP ages ago but the lack of interest cancelled it pretty quick. With the remaster out for a while, perhaps more fans have come out of the woodwork. I would love to do just a standard 'Journey' not really following the plot of the game as there is so much there, and I kind of want something a bit fresh. You don't have to be a fan of the series to join, and I kinda want to focus on character interaction more then fighting and drama. Though maybe something will lurk in as we go along.​

Plot
Our caravan is a new one, traveling from the small town of Tipa, a town not particularly race bound, but had a history of clavats and farming. It had come to be a small group of young adults were recruited from each family in order to keep the village's crystal alive. These young adventurers would venture out in search of myrrh. With a Papoupamous, a small morsel of food and spring water, the group is to fight against monsters to keep their town safe. Little do they know what kind of adventure they would be on. While living in a small town, many of these adventurers have never met or interacted with each other, as they were busy with the family job, or other matters. Those that do know one another seems to be those who were close in the town physically. So they would have to learn to get along with almost strangers while chaos unfolds before them. The roads are no longer safe.​
ffcrystalchronicles01.jpg
Setting
skip if you know the game
Crystal Chronicles is a high fantasy world involving four humanoid species living on a continet alongside monsters, and other peculiar creatures. They travel by wagon pulled by an oxen fantasy creature known as a papoupamous. Often times those traveling the road are known as caravanners in search of myrrh to power the large crystal that protects their town from miasma, a poisonous fog that drapes the land. Others stay in towns simply waiting for the caravanners while mostly doing middle class jobs of blacksmithing, and farming. There is a monarchy, but it doesn't seem to be noticed all that much outside of the city it sits in of Alfitaria. There are forests scattered a crossed the land that seem to thicker bouts of miasma. Caravanners use a crystal aligned with a specific element to break through these. Without one you have to go around. Otherwise, the land is large bouts of hills parsed with these forests, some small towns dotted here and there, rivers, and even a marsh.​

RP Rating
Mature. There is likely to be gore, adult language, and other mature themes as long as they follow RPNation rules obviously. Romance, and adult interactions are allowed (kissing, holding eachother, fade to black). This is to allow no restrictions on creative writing, and to put more emotion into the reactions. Note that while it's allowed it certainly isn't required. Just have fun.​

Posting
Moderate - Advanced Literate. I would prefer large posts with great detail to read. Though quality over quantity of coarse. I've been role-playing for over ten years, and short posts have gotten really boring for me, though I'll accept anyone of moderate Literacy. In other words at least two paragraphs a post.​

clavat lilty.jpg
Characters
Everyone should be an FC, fan-character, made from one of the four Crystal Chronicles species. You may be mix between the two or more of the four if you like, but all original characters would be a requirement as official characters wouldn't fit well with the plot. I will also accept moogle characters as they are a talking species that roam around the world. You may have as many characters as you can keep track of. No gender, age etc limits, though characters under the age of fourteen-ish might be questioned on why they're going on this journey. You also don't have to be from the town of Tipa. Maybe you were found on the road, or joined from a destroyed caravan/town. Feel free to be creative as long as it fits within the game world.

The species for those who don't know are​
Very human in every way really. Often natural colored skins and hairs, and known to be farmers. In the game they wield a sword and shield. They have the most even stats of the four.​
Slimmer and often seen with minimal clothing to match there desert origins. Thieves at heart they are faster then clavats, and can jump higher then any other of the four species. They often have greys, blueish, greens, and even red hair.​
Small, very stout with large hands and small feet. Their hair looks like a plant almost as it sticks out of the top of their head. A lot like long grass. They are fast, and the strongest physically of all the four. but are week in magic.​
Tall creatures with bird like arms and golden helmets for heads. No one knows what they look like under there. They also have small unusable wings on their back. They say the apperal they wear is to boost their magical ability, but they are slow and not very physically strong.​
A small fluffy round creature with a koala like nose, squinty eyes, large round ears, small bat wings, and only two soft paw like feet. They are very good at magic, very resistant to miasma, but don't like it, and very cute. Some wear clothes, others paint their fur, but many are just naked.​

Rules
♦ The obvious stuff: No Godmodding/Flaming/Gary Sues etc​
Be active with all the characters you RP. If you find you lose interest in one, we can have them killed off or returned home or something, but to have them just... disapear without explination is jaring.​
Include everyone. Don't cling to much to one other user, and definately don't ignore another user.​
♦ That being said don't back to back post with one other user. give time for everyone to post before you post again.​
let everyone know if your going to be inactive if you can. We can state your just sleeping in the caravan, or hold for a little bit for you if needed. If you can't for some reason I will probably try to contact you.​
Enjoy yourself. The point in this is for everyone to have fun.​

I've never heard of the series before, but it's a cool concept and the character species are intriguing. If you'll have me, I'm interested!

Gah! I'm interested. Way back when, back in the GameCube era I had the original Crystal Chronicles and could quote the intro to each area.

Hmm, I suppose I can throw my hat into the ring and join on in if that’s fine with everyone

I haven't played a Crystal Chronicles game since the DS one years ago, but this seems kinda cozy so I might still be interested.

I recall playing the Crystal Chronicles games throughout my life, I'm 100% in, if you'd have me of course!

oh yay! it looks like were finally getting a good group of people 🎉 . My sister is also interested even though she's to lazy to post here so we have seven users so far. I'm thinking if one more is interested I'll get the character form up so we all can start submitting our characters for the story.

sorry folks, subtract that by one. i've gotten a bit busy, so i think i'll have to drop out.

So it's the end of the month, and no new interests have shown up lately. I'm honestly a fan of a small group for this anyway so if yall are still interested I'll post the form for character creation soon. I will keep this open in case others want to join in later.

So it's the end of the month, and no new interests have shown up lately. I'm honestly a fan of a small group for this anyway so if yall are still interested I'll post the form for character creation soon. I will keep this open in case others want to join in later.
Echoing my interest as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back