• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fighters of the Colosseum (Open and Accepting!)

Lady Warlock

Anime RN

It is hereby decreed from this day henceforth that the pits are a necessary addition to our civil society.

The pits will be two. The pit of slaves will by far be the more violent spectacle. They fight for glory. They fight for freedom. They fight because that is where they come from, who they are, and who they were bread to become. The pit of nobles will demonstrate our skills in combat. It is where our commanders will be drawn, our generals will be trained, our prowess in battle displayed for our enemies. Although bloodshed cannot be avoided in such a system, it will be honorable.

We are a people of terrible memory, a people with a talent of war, a people who cannot comprehend peace. As such, the pits are essential. They sate our cravings for death and slaughter, offer a side to root for, a hero to cheer for. This is not just a decree. It is a declaration of who we are. It is a notice of why we fight. It is an observation of humanity... of Inaria... of us.

Oliver Pumelle

Signed on the Name Day of our 14th generation

• Before the Decree

Many people called the Inarians savages, brutes, people destined to wipe themselves off the face of the planet long before a society was able to grow by their hands. Those onlookers were right on many counts. The people of Inaria thrived on war and war was their lifeblood. Quickly conquering many great countries and accumulating slaves driven to build their cities from the ground up. However, there are only so many people to enslave and only so many countries to conquer.

There came a time where there were no more wars to fight. The small fragile nation declared itself to be a nation. However, such a thing could not be true. The country had brought together some of the greatest warriors of the age and some of the strongest fighters the world had ever seen. However, those were not the people who could or would build a nation. Those were the people who could never comprehend peace. The soldiers, warriors, fighters... the savages that the country had accumulated were the kind of people to constantly be seeking more fights, more challengers, more ways to prove that they were the strongest, toughest, most unbeatable.

Civil war was abrupt and certain. Anything that had been built was destroyed in the wars. It seemed that every time someone turned around, there was a new person declaring themselves to be the leader of Inaria, claiming that they were the most skilled fighter of all of them. It was impossible for the country to develop in such a toxic environment of war and destruction. No one who wasn't a fighter survived for long enough to say anything about the direction the population was heading in. The war lasted generations.

Victor Pumelle was one of the longest lasting leaders the country saw amidst all the turmoil. He declared himself king; it wasn't the most exciting thing in the world because many people before him had done the exact same thing. What made him special was the fact that he survived for as long as he did. Victor Pumelle actually lasted long enough to find himself a wife and to marry. They even gave birth to a son. For the first time in ages, Inaria had a prince: Oliver Pumelle. Of course, Victor's reign did not last long enough for anything further to come of it.

However, it did bring strife to the country. For the first time since they had become a country, there was a problem with leadership. The warrior who had defeated Victor tried to make himself king. Oliver Pumelle also had a claim, though. And the boy also had an idea. From the ashes that remained of the dream of a city, the boy shouted his idea to everyone who would listen. He wrote his decree and issued it to the whole country. Naming two of the greatest warriors as Masters of the Pits, he united a country in the midst of civil war. War has been something that hasn't touched their mind ever since.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Edric Yuma]Sounds Great! Will this use a dice mechanic?

[/QUOTE]
I am not planning on having one right away although if it proves necessary I will develop a system eventually. I prefer to focus on the writing of the scene because that can lead to things that are so much more fun to read. There would be rules for combat, but I'm hoping dice are not necessary because they take the focus off of the creative aspects and I tend to favor the creative aspects.

I'm in for this. I'll try to post as often as I can unless my soon-to-be changing holiday work schedule gets in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back