• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fight for Control [closed]

If the two siths did leave something behind in the temple, they probably wouldn’t have placed it in plain sight at Darth Vader’s tomb, for any wondering scavenger or obsessed Force user to find. Most likely they would’ve hidden it, and Kylo was holding on to this hope as he allowed himself to be guided by this Force.

“Normally I would be able to.” That’s how he knew the temple, and the Valley of the Dark Lords, hid many secrets from thousands of years of training by the fiercest sith lords. “But I can’t in here. Everything is different.” More powerful, he realized. Just as his mind urged him to turn around and forget everything, he wanted to push forward.

The corridor gave way to a much smaller room that was frustratingly empty at first glance. But there it was, that Force that pulled at him was even greater in the room. Something was in there, but hidden from view.

He glanced along the walls, which were as rocky and rough as the surface of the planet. “There is something in this room.” Kylo stepped closer to one of the walls to see if there was a clue of any kind to indicate some sort of latch or door.

Could they have left something behind for safekeeping, with full intention of coming back for it? With the now dead tuk’atas guarding the temple, it was a secure and desolate place with stories that frightened other people.

~~

Lavinia’s hand remained near her blaster, but the feigned confusion melted away. Her jaw tense when her parents’ names were spoken, and already she mentally prepared several escape routes to get back to the hangar and off the ship before anyone was alerted.

Kos’tel’lanni spoke further, and as soon as she urged the woman to take a moment, her hands grasped the back of the nearest chair, the dress laid forgotten on the seat of the same chair. Her heart pounded in her chest, and she struggled to regulate her breathing. Tears threatened to escape, but she blinked them back as she attempted to pull herself back together.

Now was not the time to panic and go into hysterics.

“What do you want?” She didn’t move from her position, and her gaze focused on nothing in particular. “Why didn’t you immediately turn me over?” The Chiss must want something from her in return for her silence. That was the only explanation Lavinia could think of in the moment.

Kylo couldn’t tell what was going on around them, or what they were heading to, so, of course, they ended up in a dead end corridor. Reveille glanced around, “Perhaps there’s another corridor better suited,” obviously what he was looking for wasn’t here, but this was a temple. There might be another path that took them the right way.

Though Kylo likely wouldn’t be happy to hear such criticism.

He wanted the thing to be in this room. “There is nothing in this room,” Reveille stated, “Just broken shards of crystal,” she kicked one shard for emphasis, letting it bounce off against the wall closest to Kylo…but he kept searching it, and so she moved to a wall herself and tried to find anything at all that could suggest the wall moved.

Or that the wall didn’t exist.

Reveille’s hand pushed through a section of the wall she was looking at, dusting it off to look at the writing there – she couldn’t read it. It was clearer in the portion her hand went through, though. The language was just foreign to her.

“Ren….”

As her hand went through, the crystals took on that eerie red glow, and a portion of the wall vanished.

This didn’t seem like a good thing to Reveille.

~***~

The hands released the blaster to take hold of a chair instead. The dress was forgotten. The panic surged forth, and Kos’tel’lanni observed in silence, allowing Lavinia the time to gather herself and realize her situation – all that it meant, to not be killed in the moment.

Kos’tel’lanni’s smile was indulgent as the questions came, warm, as well, “I hold two titles, and two roles,” Kos’tel’lanni answered, “I am Lieutenant-Admiral of the First Order, and loyal to Admiral Reveille Hux. It is a friendship as much as a duty. My second role, however, is the one that could save your life.” Her gaze remained calm, her words calm, “I am Ambassador Kos’tel’lanni of the Chiss Ascendency of Csilla, a world and a people that have not joined the New Republic, the Empire, the Old Republic, or any governance of the wider galaxy.”

She did not expect Csilla to be known, and certainly know the Chiss Ascendency, unless the woman before her had a strange fascination with the only other notable Chiss, Mitth’raw’nuruodo. “We continue to investigate the wider galaxy and continue to debate whether or not we will join it, and if we do, who we will support. I am here to determine whether or not the First Order deserves our support.”

The weight of a people, of a race, depended on her.

“And you are a unique opportunity to learn why they would not deserve that support.”

At first, Kylo ignored Reveille. To him, she was merely complaining because she didn’t want to be there, and that the trip was a waste of her time. He continued searching along the walls, fingertips brushing along the dust-covered stones.

He just knew something had to be there. What it was, he didn’t know. But he was willing to search until he found out.

Reveille spoke again, and, thinking she was about to vocalize her displeasure again, he nearly snapped at her, but the broken shards throughout the room began to glow red, a red he could best describe as one similar to the color of his lightsaber blade.

Then a portion of the wall vanished before them. His nerve endings tingled as if an electrical storm was approaching, and despite part of his mind screaming at him to turn around, Kylo walked forward and onto the other side of the wall.

A room similar to the one they were just in stood on the other side of the wall. Broken shards of crystals emitted the same red glow, and they almost seemed to pulsate with life. But none of that garnered the attention of Kylo Ren.

His unwavering gaze focused on the triangular holocron that almost seemed discarded on the floor. Upon the surface etched strange symbols and an ancient language Kylo only ever read about in passing, but never memorized their meanings. As one hand reached out to grab it, a piercing headache split through his skull. Turn back. Turn back now and forget about this.

The dark Force radiated from the holocron. It called out to him just as much as his mind yearned for him to leave. He picked up the object and brought it closer for inspection. “This may be exactly what I needed...” he muttered, largely to himself, trailing off while eyes scanned every surface, taking in the strange symbols and letters.

~~

Lavinia stared ahead, but she listened to every word Kos’tel’lanni spoke. She wasn’t near hyperventilation anymore, but her breathing did remain hard in a futile attempt to calm her rapid pulse. The words Kos’tel’lanni spoke were unknown to Lavinia. Certainly she obviously heard of the Chiss, and the name Thrawn had been heard a few times growing up, since her uncle had served as a general in the Galactic Empire. Beyond that, everything Kos’tel’lanni said had been foreign.

And somehow Lavinia had to trust everything she said.

“I don’t understand.” Hands still gripped tightly onto the piece of furniture, not trusting herself to be able to remain standing, her head turned as she looked over her shoulder at the Chiss. “Does Admiral Hux or anyone else know about how you’re playing ambassador?”

But she wasn’t done with her questions. “And how am I to know that you won’t turn me over as soon as you have decided that I am no longer useful to you?” Lavinia still hadn't found a reason to attack the Chiss and run off before anyone discovered her body. And her fight or flight instinct was screaming at her to do just that.

Their path was lit by red crystals. Reveille did not find that comforting in the least, and she let Kylo go ahead into the new room, and towards the triangular object. It seemed that was what he sought, and her gaze narrowed on it. She knew what it was. She also knew she didn’t stand a chance of opening it. “Good.” At least it was found.

“Is there anything else we need, or can we return to the ship?” It seemed a better idea to bring that along, and open it in safe quarters, rather than open it up here.

That, and she wanted to leave and get actual medical attention for her wounds.

Mostly, there could still be dangerous things lurking around here, and if they had what they needed, the next step seemed to be to leave, before anything else could get to them, or the storm outside got worse to the point they couldn’t find their ship and ended up stranded for a while.

Or too difficult to drive out of, for that matter. Being stuck in the ship would still be better than being stuck in the temple, with stars knew what other threats lingered in here. She was fairly convinced the red crystals were at least the herald of something bad.

~***~

This was where things got interesting, and Kos’tel’lanni knew it. Of course, she held back that smile. “No, Admiral Hux is not aware,” it was a lie, a baited trap. “I am sure she would be fascinated to learn how you found out, of course,” a hint that if Lavinia thought to say anything, it would only backfire on her. And Reveille liked Kos’tel’lanni better.

She wanted to see if Lavinia would try that, though. She was curious how she’d compose the story of finding out.

Of course, Reveille knew. She knew more about the Chiss and their workings than most humans were ever allowed to know, with an exception in Eli Vanto and a few others. And like Vanto, she had a ‘Core’ name, since the Chiss couldn’t understand human names. Rev’eill’ehux – Veille. She had been annoyed by it.

“You have no choice but to trust me, or ruin everything that you have worked towards,” Kos’tel’lanni said, “Even if I may discard you at a later date, that does still give you time, does it not? Time to work out a better escape plan, at least, or a cover story – or to convince me to cease my support of the First Order and begin active sabotage.”

It was unlikely, but that was what Kos’tel’lanni was here to learn – whether or not the First Order deserved the support of the First Order. She had not had much insight into the Resistance, or the New Republic, and what she had learned of either were unfavorable. Of course, that was put through the filter of the First Order. A negative bias was to be expected.

Kylo stared at the holocron for a few seconds, his gaze unwavering in its examination. It wasn’t until Reveille asked her question that he was brought out of his thoughts. Slipping the bag off, he slipped the object into his bag before slinging it back over his shoulder. He could observe it further on the ship, away from any other dangers the temple may hurdle their way.

“We can make our way out,” he answered. Still, he couldn’t help but to think of how easy this had all been. Easy except for the tuk’atas that greeted them at the entrance and at the first chamber. Legends told of many threats that lingered in the valley, and Kylo wasn’t privy to experience those first hand. Both he and Reveille had injuries that would handicap them somewhat in battle.

There was still the issue of the sandstorm that ravaged the valley outside. If it hadn’t subsided any, he wasn’t sure if he would be able to safely navigate them off the planet. But he couldn’t imagine spending a night stuck in the temple with the woman beside him.

Kylo wouldn’t be able to sleep, and not just because he didn’t trust alone with him while he was deep in slumber. Something still lurked in the corridors and chambers, and should they play guests to the temple, they may find out just what exactly that threat was.

~~

Lavinia was quick to respond to Kos’tel’lanni’s first answer. “She will never believe me. Neither her nor General Hux have any reason to believe me over you.” And that was why her mind drifted back to the blaster she had. It was the only choice she had, should she chose to not kill her. “But they will easily believe anything you tell them concerning me.”

Especially Admiral Hux. The two were very close, and Reveille already wanted her dead. This would just give the woman a reason to put a blaster in her head.

Her gaze shifted back to an unfocused spot in front of her. “I was only a data analyst. I was never supposed to be here.” The words came out as a mumble, and her grip tightened, nails digging into the upholstery. It would be so simple to kill Kos’tel’lanni and hop on a ship before anyone realized something was wrong.

So simple.

“You’ve already been in the First Order for so long and seen the horrors they’ve committed. The billions of people they’ve needlessly slaughtered, and yet you’re still not swayed.” She straightened, her hands removed from the chair. “I’ve little to believe that anything I say will convince you.”

Her right hand closed around the handle of the blaster, but she didn’t aim it at this Chiss before her. Instead, her arm dangled at her side, but still very much a threat. Her thoughts were bombarded with doubt and hesitation she experienced earlier as the general and Aya discussed an alliance.

Could she even convince herself right now?

“For all I know, you could decide to discard me in that conference room, with General Hux and Commander Sienar baring witness.”

Thankfully, Kylo Ren agreed and slipped the holocron away. Reveille felt some relief as it vanished from her sight, and she stepped away from the path that led out to allow Kylo to pass ahead.

As they started to leave the area, the crystals on the ground also started to dim. Reveille didn’t ignore that, but she tried not to think too much on that. Perhaps it was just the holocron leaving, and with it, its influence. ‘But it was there the entire time and they didn’t light up.’ As they crossed the threshold into the small room again, the passage seemed to shut behind the illusory wall once more.

It would be back through the temple. Back beyond the tombs, and to the main area with the dead bodies, and then back to the ship.

It should be that simple, but Reveille kept a hand on her blaster all the same.

~***~

Kos’tel’lanni remained unphased by the threat. So long as Lavinia didn’t take a shot at her head, she would be fine. The cortosis weave of her uniform, just like Reveille’s uniform, scattered blaster shot. It would hurt, but she’d live, long enough to retaliate. “And I could tell Reveille that I have looked into you, and inform her there is nothing special about you. Reveille would not want to waste resources, and she does trust me.”

It was true, of course. She could discard Lavinia as soon as they reached the conference room. “I have seen the horrors of the First Order, and I have seen horrors worse than them,” her voice was a bit quieter as she said that. “There are things in Wild Space you know naught of, and as they are building their armies, so, too, are my people. I will not say I approved of Starkiller. Neither did Reveille.”

That was likely not something that Lavinia knew, “We called it the ‘Fail Ball’ when we had moments of our own. Obviously, it still happened, and the Hosnian Cataclysm was a tragedy. Even I will admit to that, and yet I stay here. I see a future for the First Order that is different than its past has been. Perhaps it is naïve, but am I to instead believe in the New Republic that has been complacent in not enforcing its laws outside of the Core and showing how powerless it is, how apathetic it is?”

There was a pleading note in her voice that was not, in fact, insincere. There was a genuine desire to know, because she didn’t. “Change is always hard. And change is fraught with mistakes and missteps. Some are grave. Perhaps some, to you, are unforgivable, and it does not matter if some did not approve of it. Actions speak far louder than words. I would ask that you keep in mind, that I am coming from within the Order. Many are coming from within the First Order and know no better. Your Resistance has not made convincing arguments. I am giving you the chance to learn, and to debate. If you can learn to sway me, you may learn how to sway others in the First Order, and bring it down in ways you did not think possible.”

And if she didn’t learn…if she herself was turned to the thought process of the First Order, then it didn’t seem a loss to Kos’tel’lanni. It was growth. Learning. “There is a saying among the Chiss…that if you cannot reason with an enemy, you must question yourself. I believe it applies here. If the Resistance has not been able to convince the First Order to change its ways, there is a reason for that. I am not saying the First Order is correct, I am saying that there is a lack of understanding which you could, potentially, resolve. If you can come to understand why we support this, even in the face of such atrocities, you may come to understand what is needed.”

Kylo removed his lightsaber from his belt, though he didn’t ignite it. It remained firmly clutched in his grasp as he gauged the threat level still present in the temple. Hurry out, hurry out, hurry out…

He led the way out of the small chamber and back into the larger room containing the tomb of Darth Vader. His gaze didn’t even flicker to the statue that seemingly watched every corner of the room. Kylo Ren...His body immediately turned around to look at the only other person in the room, but there was no way Reveille whispered his name. The voice was far too deep to be a woman, and it came from too far away to have come from behind him.

Ben Solo…his hand shot forward with an igniting lightsaber as if the enemy stood directly in front of them. But the chamber was still empty. The only sounds were his deep breaths and the buzzing of his ignited lightsaber. His eyes were wide and frantic, and his grip unwavering.

Next he swore he heard the distant echoes of a thousand screams. A coming Force vision? A warning from whatever still lurked in the shadows?

“We need to hurry out.” He didn’t look back at Reveille as he spoke. His lightsaber turned off, but still in his grip. He marched onward to the first corridor that initially led them to Darth Vader’s tomb chamber.

~~

At first, Lavinia didn’t believe that Kos’tel’lanni would tell Reveille that she was innocent. She knew the admiral would believe her friend, but her belief in the Chiss to even do such a thing in the first place? Nonexistent.

She allowed for the Chiss to present her argument. And what an argument it was. The approval of Starkiller, or lack of it, was new to Lavinia, but that hardly mattered in the grand scheme of it all. Innocent people still died, and for what? Just to instill fear in everyone?

While Kos’tel’lanni continued, Lavinia looked down at her blaster. For a moment, her grip tightened, and she realized a stray tear rolled down her cheek. A finger brushed it away, though it hardly mattered. Her blaster was holstered back in her belt. She hated what Kos’tel’lanni said. She hated that the Chiss’s words held truth and validity in them.

After she finished her speech, Lavinia stood silent for a minute. Her eyes focused on the floor as she processed what was said and what actions should be taken next. Her brain picked at every word, created every scenario she potentially faced in the near future. Slowly, her gaze trailed upwards until it rested on Kos’tel’lanni’s face.

Her eyes were glassy with unspilled tears. “Then let’s make it a deal.” Her voice was just as shaky as expected, but she took a few steps forward until she stood in front of the other woman. “A temporary truce between the two of us, as long as we’re both willing to listen and learn from each other.” Lavinia extended a hand, expecting her to shake in agreement with the verbal deal. “What do you say?"

Kylo was just as tense as Reveille.

The difference was that he opted to jump at shadows. Reveille’s grip tightened on her own blaster as his lightsaber ignited, but there was nothing there. Nothing was illuminated by the blade, and nothing came out of the shadows, either. His breaths suggested the adrenaline rush.

Something sparked it.

Something sparked his haste, as well.

Though Reveille considered it may be absolutely stupid, she upped her pace to walk closer to Kylo, rather than hanging back, “Ren, what is bothering you?” She couldn’t hear it. She couldn’t feel it, for that matter, and had no idea what it was – but it was clear that something was bothering him, and she could only assume it related to the Force.

It was the one thing she couldn’t sense, and Kylo was human. He didn’t really have better hearing or sight than her, so far as she was aware.

She wouldn’t slow her pace or try to stop to talk. She was in agreement – they needed out – but some idea of what bothered him might help her prepare in case something was going to hinder them.

~***~

The tear was enough for Kos’tel’lanni to know she was safe. It was not the resolved tear she’d seen in the face of a fellow Navigator, but a broken tear. A questioning tear, as Lavinia realized she couldn’t go through with shooting her. Not now, anyway.

Kos’tel’lanni gave her all the time that she needed to process.

Eventually, she approached, with the same offer that Kos’tel’lanni had desired offered up, as if it were her own. Kos’tel’lanni took the other woman’s hand, “It is a deal, Lieutenant Storax,” she slipped back to the old name with ease, “We will need to construct a reason for continued interactions, given your position as Armitage Hux’s aide. What languages do you know?”

Kos’tel’lanni knew a few, but she could always know more. There was the possibility that Lavinia knew one she was not yet familiar with. It would be a good cover. If not, they would have to construct something else. “Also…you will join us for a girl’s night. I think it is important that you recall that everyone in the First Order is like you…no matter how painful that is.”

Armitage.

Reveille.

Rani.

Questions had to be swirling in her head after Rani, and certainly, Kos’tel’lanni herself – but she wanted Lavinia to see them as that. Human.

If she rehumanized them, perhaps she would understand it all again.

Kylo wasn’t prepared to hear a voice behind him. He jumped and spun around, but it was only Reveille who spoke to him. Not another disembodied voice.

His eyes were wide, and lips parted to suck in the necessary oxygen his body craved in the moment of increased adrenaline. “There’s something here.”

He spun back around, once more grabbing his flare from earlier and holding it parallel to his line of sight. The corridor they came upon was dimly lit a few feet in front of them, and in the shadows that laid beyond the reach of the flare, Kylo expected a force he knew nothing about to jump out at them.

The disembodied voices temporarily quieted in the corridor. Kylo was able to hasten his way through it, and in the moment of agitation, he nearly forgotten about the woman following him. He saw the entrance back to the main hall, and that was when he remembered Reveille.

He turned around with his hand still grasping the flare. The voices crept back inside his mind, and all at once, dark Force weighed heavily over his form like a thick blanket. The air felt thick and foreboding that no longer was his deep pants of air was due to adrenaline but rather to simply breathe through the weight he felt. “We need to hurry.”

~~

Lavinia couldn’t explain the emotions that passed through her the moment Kos’tel’lanni’s hand touched hers. She even addressed her by her alias with ease, and it was a name, she had just realized, she cared more for than her birth name.

Something she would ponder upon at a later time.

“I know Binary, Bocce, and some basic Durese.” And each one she had a story for why she knew the language. “If not, then I’m sure either one of us have a particular skill that will be useful for the other to learn.”

She hesitated with the mention of a girl’s night. It just seemed...too dangerous. “I’m sure Admiral Hux will disagree to that as much as I wish to. Even if you do tell her there’s nothing special about me, I can’t envision her welcoming me with open arms.”

Lavinia took a step back and wiped the remainder of her unshed tears away. She had to compose herself before they made their way to the conference room. Any lingering emotions hinting at what transpired in Kos’tel’lanni’s room would only invoke questions from Armitage. “We didn’t exactly have great first impressions with one another.”

‘He is losing it.’ Reveille could see that only too plainly, tensing at the way Kylo turned to face her, half-expecting an attack to follow the gesture. It didn’t, but the panic was clear. ‘What the hell is going on?’ There were no answers to that question – just ‘the Force’, which she could do nothing about.

Something was there.

Something she could do nothing about.

When they got off this planet she was going to remind him of this. ‘If.’

Reveille let her steps slacken, not following so close, but keeping Kylo and his flare in sight, while trying to listen to anything except Kylo. She tried to pick up on what Kylo might fear as they came to the entrance, or what might be there, if anything.

Only his steps started to slow. His breathing became heavier, as if he was under some sort of weight. ‘Holocron?’ Reveille didn’t know, but it was too easy to catch up to him. “Let me take your bag.” Perhaps it would be better if she took it. “You’re a melee fighter. If something’s here, you don’t need that weighing you down.”

~***~

“Bocce,” Kos’tel’lanni latched on to that one. “I am unfamiliar with Bocce, though I know it is a semi-common trade language that may be of use.” That would be a good enough lie, and she might actually want to learn it, anyway.

It was expected that Lavinia would not warm to this idea, and Kos’tel’lanni offered an amused grin, “Do you imagine Admiral Hux ever makes good first impressions? I met her on the wrong-end of a blaster on a derelict ship in Wild Space and I was arrested,” that was the truth of it, after all, and she started to move then, having released Lavinia’s hand, to take up her dress.

She continued with it towards her room, but also continued walking, “You have met her as a threat to her. You were put into the position you have by Kylo Ren, someone she does not view well. Most importantly, you were assigned to watch and report on her brother, one of the few individuals she allows herself to care about. Our Supreme Leader is known for his temper, which often leads to harm. One wrong word from your lips, and it could spell the end of him. Of course she does not like you and does not intend to like you.”

Besides the fact that Lavinia had done enough on her own to prove annoying, “If you want a hope of truly avoiding an…accident…you will have to show you are not a threat to her brother. You will not do that on duty.”

Reveille might be satisfied that Lavinia was no one.

That didn’t mean the threat was extinguished. An incompetent officer – or a too competent officer – could spell the end of her brother. “Try to put yourself in her shoes.”

Kylo didn’t register Reveille’s question at first. The whispers momentarily hushed, but the overwhelming smog of the dark Force filled his lungs as he gasped for air. Naturally a location with such an atrocious history as the temple would exhibit a lingering presence, but Kylo thought nothing of it. He thought only the weak-minded would struggle. He thought wouldn’t be affected.

But he was so wrong.

He stumbled into the main entrance hall, only then turning towards Reveille. “No.” His initial response was loud, nearly frantic, but he repeated the answer again, at a lower and calmer voice. He didn’t want to part from the holocron. He couldn’t.

“We’re almost there. We’ll make it.” Kylo wasn’t sure if he was trying to assure Reveille or himself. He continued towards the exit, and once the temple entrance came into view, it was quite clear that the sandstorm did not abate. The wind howled as it picked up sand, and any visibility that there was when they walked in it was now gone.

~~

Lavinia nodded. If they could latch onto that lie and make it believable, then she’ll take it. “Knowing Bocce had come in handy on the more remote planets.” Or those who came from such regions. She picked it up in her years before the Resistance, and now it may just come in handy once again.

The image of Kos’tel’lanni meeting meeting Reveille on the wrong end of a blaster was an unexpected one. She stared, quite baffled, as the Chiss continued on to her room with the dress. The brief story only created more questions, which Lavinia filed away to ask at a later date.

Naturally Kos’tel’lanni’s explanation made sense to Lavinia, and she knew the perceived power she held over Armitage. “But I don’t wish to do that,” she whispered, surprising even herself, before she quickly added, “That’s not what I was sent here to do.” But of course no one knew that, nor could anyone find out.

Althea Storax was an officer who had a duty.

She followed Kos’tel’lanni into her bedroom, though stopping in the doorway. The woman had a fair point. “I won’t apologize to her though.” Lavinia, by her choice of words, agreed to the Girls’ Night, but she wasn’t convinced it would change her mind on Admiral Hux.

The sight beyond the door was not a pleasant one. It was pretty much, entirely, sand. Reveille audibly cursed, before glancing to Kylo, “I do not suppose you can use the Force to just clear a path through the sandstorm, can you?”

It was unlikely he had that kind of power, but it was worth asking, anyways. Otherwise they were stuck here until the storm cleared up. ‘Or until you can get someone to come.’ She may have to check if she could get a message out. It was unlikely; the interference from the sandstorm was likely to jam her device.

Still, she’d wait. They’d either try this with Kylo’s Force talents, or, “If not…we should find a better area than this to wait in,” the entrance was too open, and was home to multiple corpses now. They could at least find some place they could protect a bit better to wait out the storm. Assuming there was such a place in this forsaken temple.

Why did they have to come here?

‘The holocron better be worth it….’

~***~

Understanding, it seemed, was possible. It mattered little that Lavinia hadn’t wanted the position – she held it, and that position was a danger. Kos’tel’lanni hummed to herself as she suggested she did not, in fact, intend harm with it. A strange declaration and not one she’d press. In her position, Kos’tel’lanni would certainly use that role to sabotage things.

Armitage Hux was a competent man.

Getting rid of him would be the unraveling of the First Order. Reveille wouldn’t fall long after – if not her, Kylo, then. And Kylo, Kos’tel’lanni had little faith in. “I would not expect an apology, but helping the Admiral to see your standpoint may assist both of you in future engagements.”

Kos’tel’lanni put the dress back up and turned back around to Lavinia. “Do you have other questions before we return to the First Order?” She wouldn’t rush her, but they did need to return to Armitage.

Kylo sneered, but it wasn’t directed at Reveille. He was disgusted for the entire situation, for how fucking weak he felt. “I could probably create a shield around us, but even if we did make it to the ship, there’s no way off the planet until this storm passes.” And fuck knows how long that will last.

And calling for help would be futile. They had the capabilities of transmitting messages across the galaxy, but through a sandstorm?

How fucking convenient.

Kylo didn’t want to wait out the storm further in the temple than was necessary. His mind only started to clear from the heavy fog that passed over him, but the corpses would soon start to rot, and if there were any more tuk’atas in the temple, the fetid smell would only attract them.

He cursed at their dilemma. The main entrance hall directly led into another chamber, and maybe that would suffice and mollify Reveille. Also, the duo would maintain a clear view of the entrance to gauge when the storm passed.

Kylo nodded his head in the direction. “We can wait out the storm in there.”

~~

Certainly Lavinia considered sabotage from within the First Order. Create a domino effect in toppling the higher powers, and watch the hierarchy crumble before her. But, she insisted to herself, attempting to do so would also put unnecessary attention on herself. She may fail and subsequently forfeit her life. Then she would be useful to no one.

“If that is possible. At the very least, I will...be less hostile to her.” Their corridor encounter still weighed heavily on her mind. Has the admiral already tasked someone with ending her life?

Maybe their relationship could be rectified before she found out.

“I do have one question. Really, more of a curiosity.” Lavinia strolled back into the main area. No longer did her eyes hint at the near breakdown she faced earlier. “What information were you able to dig up on me?”

It would be too much for Kylo Ren’s Force to be useful for something, wouldn’t it? He thought he could get them to the ship with a shield, and Reveille wanted to jump on that. Except, he redirected. He preferred to stay there, and she glowered at him. Why not get to the ship? The ship would be more comfortable than the temple and less likely to kill them.

‘You don’t know what’s out there.’

True, but what could be moving through that storm?

‘Do you really want to find out?’

Reveille folded her arms over her chest as Kylo indicated a room that offered a view of the entrance, but also appeared secluded. “Fine.” That would have to suffice. Reveille moved ahead to the indicated room and set her pack down once within, putting her back to a wall and sitting down.

She intended to at least try to send a message.

Even if it was destined for failure. That, and eat a bit. She had to keep up her strength.

~***~

It would be a good idea for Lavinia to be less hostile to Reveille. She had some measure of patience, but it wasn’t infinite. And it was certainly being tested lately by quite a lot of factors. “I would appreciate that. It will save me a headache, at least,” Kos’tel’lanni chuckled, before hearing the other question.

She hummed lightly, “Well, most of what I have seen of you came from Coruscant cameras and the like. There may or may not have been some interesting ones of you singing or performing – most of it before you were eighteen, it seems,” being from Coruscant in her own history, Kos’tel’lanni had started there, and it hadn’t taken long.

She may be years older than she was, but technology had still matched her face, and from there, she had found her on other worlds, once she had her true name. “Plenty of embarrassing things, but you do wear a dress well, and seem the refined diplomat, though I imagine that was not your own desire. Particularly given one incident at Senator Kritz’s party. I’m sure you recall.”

Her smile was feline, but she imagined it said enough to the sorts of things that Kos’tel’lanni had found in browsing.

He half-expected Reveille to argue against him, to insist that they could make it out of the storm. But she agreed. Not happily so, he noted, but she did. Maybe the rest of the evening wouldn’t be spent yelling at one another.

Kylo followed directly behind her, but instead of sitting near her, he sat down next to the wall opposite Reveille. The bag he carried was deposited on the ground before him, but he made no move to take the holocron out. Perhaps he should be more curious about its contents and what teachings it could show him, but he was still attempting to calm down from his earlier spook.

He did rummage through his bag, pulling out a flask filled with water and a protein bar, the latter he decided to save for later. Only a sip of water would suffice for now. They still didn’t know how long the storm would last, and how he would need to ration the water.

Ultimately he decided to address the woman. “Are you able to send off a message?”

~~

Kos’tel’lanni brought forth many memories Lavinia had long buried after she left home to traverse the galaxy. “I was a few days shy of my eighteenth birthday when I left, so I would’ve been quite young in those videos.” And quite intoxicated on any wine or hard liquor she could get her hands on at those parties.

She smiled at the light compliments she gave her, though soon she could feel her neck and cheeks flush at the mention of the senator’s party. That was one she had hoped would never be brought up again, but it seemed that somehow someone managed to get a video of the incident.

“I think that’s enough of the trip down memory lane.” She walked to the door with haste, determined to immediately change the subject. “General Hux and Commander Sienar have waited for us long enough.”

Kylo didn’t eat or drink much, Reveille noticed. He didn’t eat all. She didn’t focus much on that, trying to get a message to go through to Kos’tel’lanni, but it just seemed to buffer and then, in the end fail. Again, and again. “No.” She answered, and set the datapad aside before picking up her bag once more and drawing out one of the rations from it, which she began to open. “It seems were stuck here, all for that holocron. I do hope it was worth it.”

There was no disguising the bitterness in her voice, but she staved off further comment by taking a bite out of the bar. There was no point arguing. They were here. He had his stupid toy. Now they were going to suffer for it, and possibly be torn to shreds by more tuk’ata, or other unknown horrors of the Sith Temple.

This wasn’t exactly high on her list of ways she wanted to die.

“What do you think is on that thing?” She deserved to know what it was after all this hassle.

~***~

Kos’tel’lanni let out a light laugh at the way Lavinia responded to her memories. She hadn’t found much of her time in the Resistance, really. Nothing that pinpointed her to the Resistance clearly. It was the subterfuge and a few of those images of her in the company of Poe Dameron which convinced Kos’tel’lanni that such was the case.

She wouldn’t mention those more damning things, though.

No doubt, no one ever planned on her going to be a spy long before it happened.

“I understand. We will speak next time as to what drew you to the Resistance, and perhaps of why you left your home so hastily.” There were likely connections. Her family was one known as one of those elites who would likely align with the First Order.

Kos’tel’lanni would lead the way out of her room, and down the halls until they reached the conference room she’d set aside for General Hux. Walking in, the situation was a familiar one to her.

“—why I’m wasting my time talking to you when you don’t know a corvette from a yacht.” Sienar was saying, a fact they all knew was untrue, but not the point. “We don’t need more capital ships, we need more dreadnaughts.”

“I’ll kindly remind you to remember your place in the First Order, Sienar.”

“Commander Sienar, of our Naval branch, and like Phasma, the expert on the ships we need.”

“Ahem.”

Sienar jumped and glanced back. “Er. After you and Reveille. Of course.”

“Mhm.” Kos’tel’lanni hummed her annoyance, mock as it was, “General Hux, my apologies, I may be able to mediate. What is it the Order is needing?”

“What Sienar does not seem to grasp is that we need more capital ships and destroyers to monitor the planets we take over. We do not need dreadnaughts for this duty.”

“We’re down a dreadnaught, and—”

“—and I believe Admiral Hux has already commissioned one to be built within the organization.”

Sienar arched a brow. “Really? She didn’t tell me.”

“No, why would she?” Armitage huffed, and definitely ignored the telling smirk on Sienar’s face. He at least kept his mouth shut about ‘why’.

“Fine, fine, ‘Tel does this meet your approval?”

Armitage looked like he might explode.

“Yes, please do as General Hux has asked, however much he’s asked.”

Kylo knew he should eat. He had a wound to heal, and energy to replenish, but with his earlier spook, he had no appetite for even a simple protein bar that was packed away in his bag. A move he may regret in the morning, but for now, it sufficed.

With Reveille’s mention of the holocron, Kylo dug the object from his bag. He merely looked at the object, holding it as he scanned over every inch for anything that may stand out for him.

He already knew how to open it, but he wondered what all it contained. Or if it should be something he should open in front of the admiral. “It will be worth it,” he vowed, nearly convincing himself of the value.

She spoke up again, and he sighed, throwing her a quick glance before settling back on the object in question. “Knowledge,” he answered. The holocron was a seemingly harmless object, but for millennia, they were so much more than that.

“Some contain important information. Many contain teachings regarding generations of Force users.” He paused for a moment as he stuck the holocron back in his bag. “It’s priceless information that will be worth the trip alone.”

~~

Lavinia wanted to object. At least, object to discussing her reasons for leaving her home. Kos’tel’lanni was too observant for her own good, and Lavinia worried that she would be able to pick apart every detail to reveal ideas and reasons that even she didn’t realize about herself.

She didn’t voice her displeasure for now. Not when they were expected in the conference room soon.

And what awaited them was not what she expected.

The two men bickered over ships, a topic which she knew she wouldn’t be able to chime in on. Instead, Lavinia took a seat next to Armitage while Kos’tel’lanni played mediator. It wasn’t until she figured that their argument ended when she finally spoke up.

“Please try not to provoke the general, Commander. It would be best for everyone.”

Reveille observed Kylo as he looked over the holocron, seeming to try and convince himself of its value, and that all of this wasn’t a waste of time. It did little for her belief in it. Knowledge, he claimed, and she couldn’t help but scoff.

She let her gaze avert. The last thing they needed was another argument, but all she could think was that Kylo didn’t seem to give much of a damn about knowledge. He hadn’t cared to pursue the matter of objects that hindered the Force any, and she honestly did hope it came back to bite him.

He didn’t know what their enemies had. Couldn’t examine it. ‘If Tarkin becomes an enemy.’ Hopefully, he wouldn’t.

“I’m sure it will,” she couldn’t keep the sarcasm out of her tone. Obviously, such a thing was no use to her, or the majority of the First Order. It was useful to Kylo, and that was about it. If she weren’t so bitter, she might have been more interested in it – but that bitterness did eat away at her natural interest in the Force.

Jinah might have learned from it, perhaps, if his sensitivity ever went beyond his sight. Or Kos’tel’lanni, but it was unlikely any Sith holocrons had information on the Chiss dilemma. “Perhaps it will teach you to use fire like Darth Nyx.”

~***~

“But he’s so fun to provoke,” Sienar let a little whine into his voice, “Besides, who the hell are you to direct me?”

“I told you, Sienar.”

“So she’s some aide. She’s still just a lieutenant, right? She’s not like, Lieutenant-General, is she?”

“No, she is not,” Armitage couldn’t fault Sienar on noting her rank was far below his own, “Though I have noticed you do not seem to defer to authority.”

“Only when convenient,” he agreed with a smirk, “Or when someone knows their shit. So we’ll get you the capital ships, but I want some details on this dreadnaught Admiral Reveille’s building.”

“You can ask her,” Kos’tel’lanni said, “I believe it is ‘need-to-know’ at the moment, and apparently you are not need-to-know.”

“Right in the ego, Tel, right in the ego.” Sienar joked, but didn’t actually seem that upset, “So was that all that you needed me for?”

“I will need to get the prices,” Armitage stated.

“Now? Do you know what time it is on Absanz?”

“No, nor do I care, if they are not following Galactic Standard that is their issue.”

Sienar rolled his eyes, “You’re really gonna make me call my parents and haggle with them over price right now?”

“I am, yes,” Armitage stated, “I need to know the amount of funds I’m submitting to this, so I can consider the budget going forward.”

Kylo prepared for Reveille to further insult him after that scoff. He couldn’t expect someone like her, someone who was attuned to the Force, to understand what the holocron could contain. She likely thought it was still a waste of time and resources.

How could she realize its importance.

His jaw tightened when the earlier incident involving Darth Nyx was mentioned. Of course she would bring that up. And probably will until he is able to instill fear in her of him. But she was so damn stubborn. “We’ll see.” His tone was biting, and he glanced down at the bag that hid the object from view. He could open it now, and satisfy everyone’s curiosity.

The whispers baited him to do so. They resonated in his head, quieter than earlier, but still prominent. Dark eyes glazed over as they stared down at the bag, and he considered opening it then.

No, it had to wait. He snapped out of his brief spell, and crossed his arms as the chill of the temple settled over him now that they weren’t actively moving.

~~

Lavinia didn’t know what to further think of Commander Sienar. He almost seemed like a petulant child and someone who easily grated on the nerves of his superiors. Like General Hux. There was also the small fact he talked about her as if she wasn’t sitting in front of him.

Why were all the pretty ones annoying?

She didn’t feel the need to speak up for any reason. She let Sienar and Hux talk out negotiations, but it wasn’t until the commander mentioned his parents when everything clicked in her mind. So that’s why his surname was so damn familiar.

It would be damn easy to get a position of power when your family owned the largest starship manufacturer. She looked over at Armitage. “Is that why he’s a commander?” The question slipped out before she realized, and although her tone was a near whisper, she didn’t do much else to hide it from the man in question.

“You’ll see.”

It was spoken bitterly, but something Reveille believed. She might find a way, if she tried hard enough, to spy on Kylo Ren when he opened the holocron. She wasn’t sure if she cared enough, or even wanted to give the illusion that she was interested enough, in it. She didn’t want him to be right.

She wanted this to be a waste of time, even if that meant she’d wasted her own time.

Spite was a hell of a thing.

“I’m sure whether or not anything useful is in it, the rest of the Order will never know, will it?” It would be a closely guarded Force secret, that no one else would ever get to know, just like the Jedi. Just like the Sith. Just like every other cultish religion that came before it.

And Kylo wondered why he was disliked in the ranks.

~***~

Sienar had just about dialed the number when he heard the question across the quiet space. He knew he shouldn’t be offended – he’d been insinuating much the same about the woman who asked, but it continued to grate on him that people presumed he didn’t have the qualifications for his position, “No, it’s because I’m fucking the Admiral, apparently.” Sienar said it so casually, so flippantly – but it still sparked a reaction.

Even if the General had heard it before, he still slammed a fist on the table. “Enough.”

Sienar ignored him, “You know, like you’re fucking the General?” He smirked, adjusting his target to Hux, “I knew eventually you’d get some, you are General after all and people like power.”

Kos’tel’lanni just palmed her face as she watched Armitage’s face go through several shades of red in the heat of his anger and embarrassment. “That is not – she is not –”

“—not pretty? I mean I guess she’s more on the fucking hot side, I admit, pretty might be downplaying—”

Another slam of a fist and Armitage was on his feet, “You will not continue to spread those rumors about Admiral Reveille.” He snapped. “I don’t know how you got your position—”

“I told you—”

“—but I can assure you that Lieutenant Storax has proven through her skill and attention to detail that she is qualified. She has made sure the First Order received good deals in the doonium trade, something you continue to be hesitant to do. Perhaps I should bring it up with Reveille?”

“I will, if nothing else,” Kos’tel’lanni knew her own threat held more weight, “We do have Commander Rani who can always take over.”

Sienar rolled his eyes, “You say that now, but we both know she can’t hack it.” He leaned back, and waved his hand dismissively, “Fine, keep your secrets, General. I’m not keeping any.” He kept that antagonistic smirk on his lips, “Oh, and if the General is anything like his sister, I can give you some tips,” he winked to Althea, before finally pushing the call through to make sure any reaction would be muted – or short.

Kylo raised an eyebrow at the bitter tone in Reveille’s words. Yes, he may be the only one to see the contents, or he may decide to open it in the ship as they travel back to the First Order. He didn’t expect the holocron to hold anything that would benefit Reveille in any form, so why hide the contents?

He just didn’t wish to open it in the temple, or else something worse may happen.

“The information will be on a need to know basis. I seriously doubt anyone else would benefit from the information it will provide.” And it was rich, for her to accuse him of withholding information from others. As if she was a saint with such things.

“But I’m sure you know all about compartmentalizing information, don’t you admiral?” Whether or not she admitted it was beside the point. He knew she withheld secrets from him, and probably continued to do so.

~~

Lavinia couldn’t believe that this man held such power within the First Order. He was nothing more than a cocky boy, who thought he knew everything he needed. His continued insults and comments sparked no reaction from Lavinia except a hardened gaze.

She’s heard it before. Even the comments on her looks was nothing new. Just smile and look pretty. It’s what you’re good at, besides spreading your legs. Something that had been told to her countless times before.

What did spark a minute reaction was the slight praise Hux gave her as an example of how she earned her keep against Sienar’s promiscuous tendencies. She blushed. Not in the same manner Armitage did earlier, when he was accused of sleeping with her, but she could feel the color blossoming in her cheeks.

The compliment was unexpected. And an act that caused her heart to flutter. It’s just a damn compliment. Ignore it.

She further ignored Sienar’s last comment. Someone like him thrived off of provoking others. Instead, she turned back to Armitage, her voice a light whisper as to not disturb or distract Sienar in his phone call. “He only says those things because it provokes a reaction. Ignore him and he’ll grow bored.”

Kylo Ren had every right to that accusation, and so Reveille didn’t bother to fight it, “Indeed, I do,” she had withheld information from areas of the First Order. In her opinion, it had been a necessity towards its betterment. “However given your admittance that you doubt anyone in the First Order except yourself will benefit from this, you’ll have to forgive me if I continue to think this was a waste of time and resources, particularly as I’ll never know otherwise.”

And would never say otherwise.

She turned her attention out towards the entrance, the way out, knowing it was unlikely that the storm had cleared up enough to get out of there, but still hoping. It was all for naught. The sand continued blowing, making it impossible to see even a little bit beyond the doors.

If they didn’t kill each other, she suspected it would be a miracle. She could make it more likely by just shutting up and she knew it, but that was always easier considered than done. Still, she opted to finish her protein bar instead of say anything else. She’d try to send another message out.

Taking a walk wouldn’t be ideal. And sleep wouldn’t be coming any time soon.

~***~

The reaction of Althea – though Kos’tel’lanni continued to think of her as Lavinia – may have gone ignored by Sienar and Hux, it did not go ignored by the chiss. The way she blushed at the compliments, more sincere than Sienar’s words, did cause some interest in her. She made a mental note of it, a reminder to ask about the working relationship with Hux and what she considered of the man now that she worked with him.

Hux could be…abrasive. Well, both of them could be.

Kos’tel’lanni wasn’t sure which was easier to deal with.

Armitage lowered himself back to his seat. Of course he knew that about Sienar, but it still worked. “I’m aware,” his tone was cold as he addressed the advice. Yes, he knew Sienar’s ways. He’d seen them used by others, but some things still got to him. Sienar knew those things. He’d had the luxury of being in high command long enough.

The call came through, “Do you know what time it is, Valles?”

“No, actually. Sorry. First Order business and you know how demanding that ginger bastard can be,” again, Hux’s face heated, but Kos’tel’lanni made a gesture. “Anyway, you heard what happened to the Supremacy, right?”

“Indeed. I heard it survived.”

“Yeah, more or less, but we lost a dreadnaught, and we’re spreading out some, taking down some Core worlds. We need some capital ships to place in systems we’re taking over to command from. How quick do you think we could get, eh, 20 of the standard make?”

“20 standard capital ships is a month’s production.”

“And what’s the cost on that again?”

“Well thanks to the doonium market right now, it’s a bit pricier than normal, even for you.”

“Aww, come on, we have our own doonium mines, and who else is buying capital ships?"

"Tarkin."

"Fuck Tarkin,” he put a bit of a whine in his tone, “You want me to get those promotions, right? Besides, I can probably hook us up with another mine or two once we take over a few resisting worlds. Say…Lothal?” He fixed his gaze on Armitage, who, while not verbally in the conversation, understood. He gave a sharp nod.

Mines to allies was a useful tactic.

“You don’t have those to give, or negotiate with, Valles.”

“You wanna talk to Tel? ‘Cause I can let you talk to ‘Tel.”

“I don’t want to speak to that wretched alien,” his father snapped. “The Supreme Leader is the one to negotiate land.”

“I think the General could probably do it. You do not want to talk to Kylo Ren, trust me, dude gets choked up.”

Kos’tel’lanni had to cover her lips at that point to stifle her laughter. “But I can get you General Hux in a minute or two. Maybe five.” If he felt like being an ass. “What do you say?”

“Fine. I’ll negotiate with General Hux.”

“Cool, hold on a minute.” He pressed mute immediately.

It could mean that he won’t lose another battle. It could mean that should he, if he, encountered those siths again, he wouldn’t be as weak as he was before. He was certain Reveille would dance on his grave and personally give the women a handshake if they killed him, but if he grew stronger, then just maybe he could lead the First Order better.

It would be a miracle if the two didn’t kill each other before the storm let up. Kylo already fought off an urge to cut off her air supply. Or at least just enough so that he wouldn’t be able to hear her grating voice.

He needed something to distract himself from the deafening silence of the temple. The echoed screams from earlier still haunted his mind. With a sigh, one hand reached into the bag and grabbed the holocron, once more placing it on the ground in front of him.

Open it sounded in his mind simultaneously as Leave it behind did. Kylo ultimately figured that nothing could go wrong by opening it in there instead of on the ship. He extended his arm, still stinging from the bite, and with caution, he extended the Force to the object and manipulated it like a key.

The holocron light up, emitting a blood red glow similar to the crystal shards from further within the temple. Kylo had only read about them in his research, and now he finally had the chance to see the potential they could hold.

~~

Armitage was frustrated, and Sienar was skilled at pressing every button he could find. Even if the man was truly qualified for his position, Lavinia wondered how he managed to not get a blaster aimed at his head yet. She couldn’t imagine him acting any different to anyone else. The admiral? The Supreme Leader?

She did her best to commit the conversation to memory. If Lothal was next on their list, then she needed to alert the Resistance as soon as possible. They may not be able to do much right now, but they could at least alert the local government.

Dude gets choked up. Even Lavinia had to cover her lips, just as Kos’tel’lanni had done, to stifle a laughter. It was easy to laugh about that man when he wasn’t anywhere near.

She still wasn’t entirely convinced that Sienar gained his position by his talents alone. Connections had to have played a large part. The conversation was temporarily muted, and Lavinia spoke up. “Daddy seems like a pleasant guy.” Full sarcasm, as the way he addressed Kos’tel’lanni stuck with her.

The protein bar was finished in silence, and Reveille brought up her datapad. Still no ability to send messages. She glared at it, and might have considered going back to reading something just to pass the time, but a red glow drew her attention instead.

She looked up, brows knitting together as she realized what was going on.

The holocron was out, and Kylo Ren was opening it.

“Should I…?” She started to speak, thinking to dismiss herself from the area to let Kylo have some privacy with the thing, before stopping herself, trailing as the triangle opened and a figure appeared.

It didn’t look like Darth Vader.

It didn’t look like anyone Reveille knew, not that she could claim her knowledge of Sith legends was all that expansive. Either way, thoughts of leaving were now far gone, her own curiosity laid bare with the possibility of hearing what there was to hear. Learning.

~***~

“I mean, I didn’t join the First Order because I had good relations. First Order of Daddy Issues, right, General?”

Armitage just gave him a dull stare for that one, as Kos’tel’lanni started to open her mouth, then closed it. She wished Sienar hadn’t seen, “Waaaait, you have daddy issues? Spill it, ‘Tel!”

“Mind your business, Sienar,” she sighed, waving it off immediately. She should have just denied it as planned, but then she overthought – what if Reveille had mentioned something? Being caught in a lie was worse than being caught like this. “Business which currently involves your father and the business. 20 Capital ships in a month seems sufficient, and it deprives Tarkin of business.”

“Tarkin also holds Lothal in the palm of his hand,” Armitage noted. It wasn’t a friendly relationship, however. Lothal rather resented Tarkin’s presence and influence. “If we found a way to cut that source off for him, that could go a long ways.”

“Or it could ruin whatever negotiations Reveille has managed thus far.” Kos’tel’lanni reminded. “We do not yet know if he is to be hostile. We want to separate him from the ships, he cannot fault us that – but he can fault us stepping between him and Lothal.”

Armitage wrinkled his nose, “If Lothal chooses to do business with us, that’s their choice. Tarkin isn’t governor of Lothal”

“He can read between lines.” Kos’tel’lanni said patiently. “He knows it is a hostile act. There are other worlds, and other businesses, that do not touch on Tarkin’s lines. For the moment, I think it is in our interest to respect those lines, until we know where we stand.”

Kylo, just like Reveille, didn’t recognize the figure that the holocron emitted. The figure wore a grey cape, with a similarly colored hood covering his head. The mask the hologram wore reminded him of his own, except lighter in color. Almost white.

True power can come only to those who embrace the transformation...” Kylo soaked in every word the holocron uttered. While the hologram spoke his words, it was as if someone else gave him a different speech simultaneously.

He could feel power stirring within. Power he hadn’t felt before. “By its very nature the dark side invites rivalry and strife.” The statement earned a glance in Reveille’s direction. It wasn’t a discrete that they hated each other, but would she prove to be the reason why he hadn’t furthered in his abilities?

At first, the strange figure spoke in poetics. He said nothing of importance, and Kylo grew impatient. He wanted something new. Something he could use in his future battles. Maybe something he could even use against the woman in front of him.

What Kylo did gather is that whoever spoke in the holocron was very old. Older than even Darth Vader’s time. And even if Kylo didn’t initially agreed with what was said, he would be wise to accept was what spoken.

~~

The reactions of those around her didn’t escape Lavinia. Did they all share daddy issues? Was she the only one without any?

Sure, her father was mostly indifferent to what her mother did to her throughout her life...Fuck. Maybe she did have some issues.

She paid close attention to the conversation between Kos’tel’lanni and Armitage over Lothal. Wasn’t the planet historically aligned with the Rebellion? Lavinia knew of several ways to potentially sway the planet, but she remained silent while the two talked.

The name Tarkin was all too familiar with her. She knew she had dealt with the familiar before, but of which Tarkin she couldn’t remember. There were too many of them. Damned Tarkins.

“Does he though,” she mused without realizing she said the thought out loud. Fuck. “I think they would quickly align with anyone who promised economic stability.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back