• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Fields of Aiso OOC & Signups

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

MythyDW

Five Thousand Club
Discuss the RP and other things here! I only ask that we keep politics, religion, and other such hot-topics out of here, keep it civil... as well as follow RPN rules, of course!

Boop! Chiming in~
I'm doing a little something rn (that I might not even use but eh, Image editing is as much fun as it is hard work) so I'll probably pick up the CS to really work at tomorrow >w<

Love that you filled yours already so I can just look at what you did prior to asking questions XD

Okay, so for someone that is not as Fantasy savvy, has only played D&D once and hasn't dwelled in an Online Multiplayer Game since Grand Chase was a thing... (Miss it so much!)

Are there any race restrictions or like, a specific list that I should abide by? Because well, there's a lot about it on the internet, I gave it a few searches last night (couldn't sleep), but I don't know how far I can go with it ^^'

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Grand Chase sounds familiar but I can't place it xD

But anyway. The standard 'non-evil' races are generally safe. So like human, elf/half-elf, dwarf are all safe. For elves, we can say there is at least the standard triumvirate: High, Wood and Dark - in this case Dark Elves are probably not evil. Then I definitely want the warforged - give it a quick search, they're basically sentient golems I think. Probably have a race of people with animal features given Annakhon. Other than that, I'm pretty open to additional things, so just toss something by me and I'll think about it.

Though I suppose I should at some point limit something or some such like that. I dunno

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun

Grand Chase sounds familiar but I can't place it xD

But anyway. The standard 'non-evil' races are generally safe. So like human, elf/half-elf, dwarf are all safe. For elves, we can say there is at least the standard triumvirate: High, Wood and Dark - in this case Dark Elves are probably not evil. Then I definitely want the warforged - give it a quick search, they're basically sentient golems I think. Probably have a race of people with animal features given Annakhon. Other than that, I'm pretty open to additional things, so just toss something by me and I'll think about it.

Though I suppose I should at some point limit something or some such like that. I dunno
Grand Chase was a game by Level Up with a rather entranced story to it. Something about a great evil corrupting benevolent spirits of the places and wrecking havoc, iirc.
The characters you started with were Elesis the Swordswoman, Lire the Archer and Arme the Mage, then the cast opened up more and more, each character with their own backstory that tied up into the main plot. Lass was the Ninja, Ryan the Druid (He had the ability to become a wolf!), Amy the Dancer, Jin the Monk, Mari the Technomage (My favorite!), Lin was a Light mage? Celestial? Not sure. There were so many characters! And I worked hard to complete most of the summoning challenges, without the in-game 'Cash coins' mind you. Mom never let me spend money on games like that XD

But, nostalgia aside... Back to business~

I've been reading on Fae, not the tiny pixes and fairies, the older Fae mythologies. They're fascinating. Been leaning for something like a Underworld (or just plain Darkness) Nymph/Sprite/Fae, whatever you want to call it, for the avatar. Truth is, I've been using this same picture for a while now and I'm attached to it, so I want it to work >w<

For the champion I'm 100% settled on a Minotaur

Grand Chase was a game by Level Up with a rather entranced story to it. Something about a great evil corrupting benevolent spirits of the places and wrecking havoc, iirc.
The characters you started with were Elesis the Swordswoman, Lire the Archer and Arme the Mage, then the cast opened up more and more, each character with their own backstory that tied up into the main plot. Lass was the Ninja, Ryan the Druid (He had the ability to become a wolf!), Amy the Dancer, Jin the Monk, Mari the Technomage (My favorite!), Lin was a Light mage? Celestial? Not sure. There were so many characters! And I worked hard to complete most of the summoning challenges, without the in-game 'Cash coins' mind you. Mom never let me spend money on games like that XD

But, nostalgia aside... Back to business~

I've been reading on Fae, not the tiny pixes and fairies, the older Fae mythologies. They're fascinating. Been leaning for something like a Underworld (or just plain Darkness) Nymph/Sprite/Fae, whatever you want to call it, for the avatar. Truth is, I've been using this same picture for a while now and I'm attached to it, so I want it to work >w<

For the champion I'm 100% settled on a Minotaur
A minotaur, huh? Interesting.

And mind if I see the picture? I could offer some ideas, perhaps

A minotaur, huh? Interesting.

And mind if I see the picture? I could offer some ideas, perhaps
Yep, since you mentioned the quiz thing I've been going for something that matches Rosemarie's personality too and then the idea just came to me. Really, out of nowhere, I'll never understand how inspiration works XD

And sure!
I probably could go an easy route and say elf, maybe, but I don't like going easy and you already picked that one :3
legs_black_gloves_dress_long_hair_green_hair_yello_by_necessity4fun-dajnito.jpg

Technically I went half-elf :3

Hmm.. human and Elf are the simple choices. But with the blue dress we could call her an Undine or something, and this is her form she's in the most. Or, we coulr say she has some things like fin-ears, a bit of a blue tint to her skin, etc, and call her Undine. I don't know, seeing her I just do think Undine

Technically I went half-elf :3

Hmm.. human and Elf are the simple choices. But with the blue dress we could call her an Undine or something, and this is her form she's in the most. Or, we coulr say she has some things like fin-ears, a bit of a blue tint to her skin, etc, and call her Undine. I don't know, seeing her I just do think Undine
Hahahahaha, details, details~~ *waves hands dismissively*

Yeah, I see what you mean and I guess water IS as volatile as her personality, so it might just work. It's not that far from what I was going for after all >w<
Thanks for the help! o/

No problem! I'm off to work now, so if you have anything else it may be a while. But otherwise I look forward to seeing your character :D

I think I'm all set, at least until I get to the chips part, but I'll let you know >w<
Have a nice day~! o/

-pokes my head in during lunch, seeing what happens-

For the chips, don't worry too much about it. We can say that generally the fancier the gear the higher-level it is. Also there can be sets of items, which may or may not give bonuses in-game. But we don't have to worry about stats too much, if at all. Find some pics of things you like, give them names, and we can work from there! :)

In the meantime, I feel I need to write some lore of the world, the IRL area, and game systems. So I will start a lore tab. Probably starting with the IRL area where we'll be at, but after that I can't promise logic in what comes after what :3

hi! Can I still join in the rp? If the answer is yes, I have a few questions :3 What if I make the chips sort of like a magic attack? So like when I use the 'fireball' chip my avatar can conjure fireballs? If the rp is full already, then nvm xP

I don't think we're full, it's just that we decided to not wait on more people (since sometimes interest isn't that great) and started with a smallish group of 4, now 5

Also damn that was a quick CS! I love the level of (I'mma call it casual 'cause different from me, you didn't write a novel for it) casual detail you put into it +O+

Also, amusingly I have a similar concept going on (mostly for the player), yet they sorta walk complete opposite ways >w<

*excitement intensifies*

JINNI JINNI

Just for the record I did have a note above the CS asking for it to be PMed before posting. :)

Though what Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun said is true, I didn't want to let the idea die so I was going to begin with just the three. Now we have you and another so it's all good. We're not full yet.

As for the idea of chips being spells, that was actually part of the original concept but for whatever reason wasn't put in the original interest check. So yes you can do that, just know that in game once they're used, they have a cooldown period rather than being able to be used for an attack each time the 'action bar' refills. Something like that.

There's only a few things I'm not sure about. One thing is the Avatar's race as a Water Dragon. I was thinking about having dragons be a mythical.. almost faction, if you will. There'd be a few dragons, such as Aiso and Angdal, and each one has a near-deity status. Perhaps you could be Undine or, as I think about it, a Water Dragonspawn or some such. Like a far descendant of the draconic line where the dragon blood has manifested.

The second thing is the Champion's history. The majority of it is fine, but I had been thinking that for a being to be able to be summoned as a champion, they had to have died, and given the blessing of champions by a Valkyrie prior to being buried or some such.

Also I'm wondering how aware the champions would be of the chips - they know for sure that the avatars can summon them weapons and such.. maybe they are perfectly aware. This is just me thinking now, I'm quite open to thoughts on this subject.

And to be fair, this is somewhat due to my lack of lore that I've made. Heck, what I'm planning to write is probably not even all that I'll end up doing in the process of the RP. On the same subject, I'll try and do lore as I can, but today will be busy with work and then a D&D session.

Finally, welcome! I'm happy to discuss the above with you and figure things out, ans I'm quite happy to have you aboard. :D

The second thing is the Champion's history. The majority of it is fine, but I had been thinking that for a being to be able to be summoned as a champion, they had to have died, and given the blessing of champions by a Valkyrie prior to being buried or some such.
Oooooooh, that's some very important detail : O

MythyDW MythyDW OHMY SORRY : " ( I guess I was SO excited that I didn't even see that I had to PM it before posting >_> APOLOGIES!!
I'll edit the parts where I'm wrong as the lore is built I guess? So like, the champions die? How does this work? Like they're game characters right?
And could I make her avatar a water/sea nymph?
Btw, if you need any help on building the world, lore and whatnot, I'm happy to help!

Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun OoooOOooO is it what i'm thinking rn, SOLO VS SOLO? :33

Last edited:
Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun OoooOOooO is it what i'm thinking rn, SOLO VS SOLO? :33
Waaa how did this get lost on my notifs?? Too focused on coding maybe?

Yeah sorta, Rosemary is a bit of a lone wolf too... That's what you meant right? (I'm a bit slow rn ^^') But their reasons for such and personalities are just completely different >w<

So like, the champions die? How does this work? Like they're game characters right?
Also, I think this is just for the backstory not in-game, example: The servants in Fate/Stay Night are all heroes from times past and future that are summoned by a mage to aid them in the Holy Grail war, beyond their deaths. Kinda getting a similar vibe here...

JINNI JINNI

Technically, the champions are game characters, yes. The history is a little bit for fun and.. well to be honest the lore is not fully made yet. It comes to me in bits and pieces. I haven't had much chance to try and get it all down because work and other things. But yeah, the thought was that champions were exceptional forces for good, and thus given a posthumous blessing by Valkyries to become a champion.

In general, but not as a rule, this means they fought on the side of the Crown's Army. They could have been a Wandering Blade, but they must have fought against Angdal's forces.

Your avatar could be a Sea Nymph if you would like :)

+ Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (and Kirito Kei Kirito Kei FireFlare FireFlare )

I actually don't know really about Fate/Stay Night, but apparently this has some things in common with it? I don't know :P

But one thing I was thinking about is that during the course of the RP, probably pretty early once they start seeing their Champion Spirit IRL and discover one another, then the others would join with Cassius' guild. Do some fun adventures and bonding before we start getting to the meat.

I am hoping this lasts a good while, so I'm not going to have things go too fast. If that makes sense. I don't have a linear plot in mind, more of 'stages' if you will.

+ Necessity4Fun Necessity4Fun (and Kirito Kei Kirito Kei FireFlare FireFlare )

I actually don't know really about Fate/Stay Night, but apparently, this has some things in common with it? I don't know :P

Only on the aspect that the servants are summoned beyond death too.

But really, if we started pointing fingers like that, the fact that you can battle IRL reminds me of the MMO game from the DRAMAtical Murder universe, Rhyme... And there are probably a lot of other things that make me think of other games and fandoms

But hey, no idea is original, you can't claim to have thought of something before someone else... What's original is the execution of it ;3
I just know about too many things to not grasp similarities I guess >w<

But one thing I was thinking about is that during the course of the RP, probably pretty early once they start seeing their Champion Spirit IRL and discover one another, then the others would join with Cassius' guild. Do some fun adventures and bonding before we start getting to the meat.

I am hoping this lasts a good while, so I'm not going to have things go too fast. If that makes sense. I don't have a linear plot in mind, more of 'stages' if you will.

Yep, that's the plan~ I'm sure Rosemarie will not be as thrilled about the game making IRL appearances like that as most people would :P
can't wait~~

Yep, that's the plan~ I'm sure Rosemarie will not be as thrilled about the game making IRL appearances like that as most people would :P
can't wait~~
Oh, believe me, the game coming to life is going to cause issues ;)

Tho I hope that she likes her Champion enough for it to be a little exciting at least :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back