Video Games Favorite visual novel?

Zinai

KFC Cook
What is your favorite visual novel??

My favorite has to be Overdrive's Kira Kira. Although the art style is sort of outdated, I loved all the stories available. Even made a blog just to review it :P

I haven't finished a lot, but The Fruit of Grisaia is cooking up to be one of my favourites.

I haven't finished a lot, but The Fruit of Grisaia is cooking up to be one of my favourites.

I've heard about it and its anime. Definitely interested, but I can't afford to spend right now so I've been looking for a cracked version or torrent... *shame

Yeah I can see why people would think that. Especially with all the wrong ends. I wish I could read some other visual novels since I have a lot on my list, but I no longer have a computer...

The House of Fata Morgana, Sona Nyl of the Violet Shadows (it's getting localized), and Code realize sousei no himegime

With the Light by Keiko Tobe. It was one of the things that inspired my interest in my current profession.

What is your favorite visual novel??

My favorite has to be Overdrive's Kira Kira. Although the art style is sort of outdated, I loved all the stories available. Even made a blog just to review it :P
Mine's the Danganronpa series for sure!

The Zero Escape Series, bar none (although they're about half visual novel, half puzzle game).
It's also just one of my favourite game series of all time, across all genres.

I'm quite fond of Skights, personally, or basically anything by Pacthesis.

But right now, my favorite is Henri's Secret. It's kinda cute watching all the characters interact with the main character. ^^

I've played a crap ton of VNs. There are 2 that stand out to me.

Katawa Shoujo
The Letter

KS (Katawa Shoujo) is your typical ero dating VN where you get locked into routes and side characters generally become irrelevant. I played the censored version and you pretty much play as a boy who discovers he has a heart problem and gets sent to a school for special needs where you can fall in love with a character who has their own disability. But to be honest, it's pretty easy to forget they even have one cause their personalities and the way they interact is pretty natural. The game does well to not use the disability too much as a trope or gimmick. The main thing that got me so annoyed is that the writer for certain routes had a HUGE habit of repeating words. I was ready to flip a table if I had to read "quizzically" one more time in Rin's route.

The Letter is a damn good horror visual novel. I am so spoiled by it that I don't think there's any other VN I could play out there that could top this. It has great music, anime scenes, even the characters when they're talking to you normally have animations where their hair moves and they blink and breath. The art is 10/10. I also have to hand it to the devs, because I've also haven't played a VN where your choice REALLY matters. Even if you get locked into a route for an ending, all characters are still a big part of the story. (They don't just become irrelevant.) And the choices you make can VERY dramatically change the story and the way the characters react to things. You can also get different people to get together with each other which is nice. It also has English voice acting and as much as the German and Irish accent can sometimes sound off, I really appreciated it.

Whew, I could write my own VN with how much I type lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back