Literature Favorite Quotes

"If saying it would only make it so." -Tarkin
"If we catch Kira, he is a murderer. If he wins, then he is Justice." -Light Yagami
"They don't need quality if they can bury us..." Obi-Wan Kenobi
"EXPECTATIONS S U B V E R T E D" -Rian Johnson

"I know not that I was of a self-reliant or active nature; but self-reliance and exertion were forced on me by circumstances, as they are upon thousands besides." - Charlotte Brontë

"We have not touched the stars,
nor are we forgiven, which brings us back
to the hero's shoulders and the
gentleness that comes,
not from the absence of violence,
but despite the abundance of it." - Richard Siken

"The only paradise is paradise lost." - Marcel Proust (French Author)

“It’s a funny thing, ambition. It can take one to sublime heights or harrowing depths. And sometimes they are one and the same.” – Emily Kaldwin (Dishonored)

“I’d say I was being punished, but I know the world doesn’t punish wicked people.” – Daud (Dishonored)

"..." - Corvo (Dishonored)

"My mother said to me, 'If you are a soldier, you will become a general. If you are a monk, you will become the Pope.' Instead, I was a painter, and became Picasso."

I have a thing for Picasso quotes <3

Ἐν ἀρχῇ ἦν ὁ Λόγος, καὶ ὁ Λόγος ἦν πρὸς τὸν Θεόν, καὶ Θεὸς ἦν ὁ Λόγος...καὶ τὸ φῶς ἐν τῇ σκοτίᾳ φαίνει, καὶ ἡ σκοτία αὐτὸ οὐ κατέλαβεν.

"In the beginning was the word, and the word was in proportion with God, and God was the word...and the light in the darkness shone, and the darkness comprehended it not."

That's what I translated from 1 John in Ancient Greek. I'm not Christian I guess but I really like these two sentences.

"I'm about to educate you on gay sex. In detail for the next several minutes. Prepare yourself."

This was a line one of my RP Partner's character said. Been making me snicker all day.

"Three may keep a secret, if two of them are dead." - Thomas Edison
"Life asked death 'Why is it that everyone love me, but hates you?' Death replied: 'Because I am the horrible truth, and you are a beautiful lie."
"We are taught never to shed tears. For to shed tears means that the body has been defeated by emotion. And, to us, that simple act of crying proves, without question, that the existence of emotion is nothing but a burden." Rukia Kuchiki -Bleach.

One of my favorite poems of all time:

Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.

- Invictus, William Ernest Henley

"In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies."
-Winston Churchill

"Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I’m telling lies.
I say,
It’s in the reach of my arms,
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I’m a woman
Phenomenally.
Phenomenal woman,

That’s me."