Anime & Manga Favorite Anime Openings

I only tend to watch openings two or three times per anime, and I consume industrial amounts of it, so I have a hard time really remembering most openings. I know some of the ones that stuck the most with me were Konosuba's second opening and a couple of the monogatari series openings, especially renai circulation and orange mint.

Uhhm, JJBA openings. All of them.

Kiznaiver opening is pretty great too. I have a lot more that I like but I don't wanna list them alll.

You want the full list or the abridged list? Okay, I'll give you the abridged (shortened) list, lol!

1. Sailor Moon Classic (English Theme)
2. Moonlight Densetsu (Sailor Moon Classic, Japanese Theme)
3. Moon Pride (Sailor Moon Crystal Season 1 & 2 OP)
4. I'm In Love with New Moon (Sailor Moon Crystal Season 3 OP)
5. Unravel (Tokyo Ghoul season 1 OP)
6. One Reason (Deadman Wonderland)
7. Tank! (The legendary Cowboy Bebop) [7 is my favorite number...]
8. Fushigi Yuugi OP (season 1)
9. Fushigi Yuugi: Abridged The Extra Long Pilot (OP Theme)
10. Message of Rouge (Kiki's Delivery Service)
11. My Soul, Your Beats! (Angel Beats!)
12. Nausicaa: Of the Valley of the Wind (Opening by Joe Hisaishi)
13. Pokemon! English Theme (Gotta Catch Em/Ketchum ALL!)
14. Digimon Adventure 01 (1990's English Opening Theme)
15. Tokyo Ghoul: Re's Opening Theme (the name escapes me...)
16. Vampire Knight Opening (Season 1)
17. The Big O! (Opening Theme)
18. MONSTER (Opening Theme)
19. Serial Experiments Lain OP [Duvet by Boa (not to be confused with the K-Pop legend BoA Kwon)]

Well, that's the shortened version of my list of my fave anime opening themes! I recommend all of these songs and anime shows (and films), if you haven't already seen them. :) But it's not obligatory, if you want to look up these songs, go for it! ^_^

LOL, don't we all?
Also rad! Evangelion is my favorite anime of all time followed by Paranoia Agent and FLCL!! I cosplay Shinji!! :) Who do you cos?

TouchToneTelephone TouchToneTelephone , exactly! And I love both of those anime series, as well. I cosplay Asuka (3.0 Rebuild Version). I love the psychedelic colors of that plugsuit design. :) But I'm hoping to cosplay Rei, soon enough. When I get the money... Lol!

TouchToneTelephone TouchToneTelephone , exactly! And I love both of those anime series, as well. I cosplay Asuka (3.0 Rebuild Version). I love the psychedelic colors of that plugsuit design. :) But I'm hoping to cosplay Rei, soon enough. When I get the money... Lol!
Yooo! That's rad! If I ever did someone that wasn't Shinji it'd probably be Asuka tbh. I'm trying to get my fiance to do Kaworu with me as Shinji lol.

Yooo! That's rad! If I ever did someone that wasn't Shinji it'd probably be Asuka tbh. I'm trying to get my fiance to do Kaworu with me as Shinji lol.

That would be so cool! I think Kaworu is such a boss and he and Shinji are just a great couple lol. :) And Asuka, is my favorite girl to be honest. I love Rei, don't get me wrong... But I can just relate to Asuka's emotions and evolution (pardon, the pun...) throughout the series (and the movies). I just wish Kaji and Asuka had a little more screen time in the first two rebuilds... *Blushing face* . I ship them, a little bit lol! I'm weird... *Awkward glancing around my room*

That would be so cool! I think Kaworu is such a boss and he and Shinji are just a great couple lol. :) And Asuka, is my favorite girl to be honest. I love Rei, don't get me wrong... But I can just relate to Asuka's emotions and evolution (pardon, the pun...) throughout the series (and the movies). I just wish Kaji and Asuka had a little more screen time in the first two rebuilds... *Blushing face* . I ship them, a little bit lol! I'm weird... *Awkward glancing around my room*
Yeah, Honestly I just felt that Kaworu was the best option romantically for Shinji (Even though ...you know shinji and him are actually canon) as everyone else mistreated him or was his mom lmao

oh yeah im down for that too even though i'm a little biased to Misato and Kaji's relationship, haha

Yeah, Honestly I just felt that Kaworu was the best option romantically for Shinji (Even though ...you know shinji and him are actually canon) as everyone else mistreated him or was his mom lmao

oh yeah im down for that too even though i'm a little biased to Misato and Kaji's relationship, haha

Yea, I totally get you with the moms, he had in the series (and films) lolz... That's one reason, why I love EvAbridged, lol! "It's an Angel!" XD... And I totally understand that, Misato and Kaji do make a great couple. And I'm not the type to be like, "We disagree on certain ships, we can't get along!". I feel like, there are too many people like that in the otaku (and weeaboo) communities, these days. I do have certain ships, I hold close to my soul but if someone disagrees with them; I respectfully either let them make their point (or if they don't actually have supporting facts) go silent on them; and pretend like I couldn't hear what they said. It's a little narcissistic, I admit. But I think it's better than cursing someone out or getting into a fanwar, over things. But that's just me, lolz.

Yea, I totally get you with the moms, he had in the series (and films) lolz... That's one reason, why I love EvAbridged, lol! "It's an Angel!" XD... And I totally understand that, Misato and Kaji do make a great couple. And I'm not the type to be like, "We disagree on certain ships, we can't get along!". I feel like, there are too many people like that in the otaku (and weeaboo) communities, these days. I do have certain ships, I hold close to my soul but if someone disagrees with them; I respectfully either let them make their point (or if they don't actually have supporting facts) go silent on them; and pretend like I couldn't hear what they said. It's a little narcissistic, I admit. But I think it's better than cursing someone out or getting into a fanwar, over things. But that's just me, lolz.
Yassssss. Maybe i'm just getting to be an "Old-taku gal" but I wish anime and fandoms were lax like they were back in like---I'd say early 2000's era? It didn't matter what you shipped or what you looked like when you cosplay, everything was just fun and chill but it seems like nowadays it's all pointing fingers and calling he or she or they problematic over ships and elitism over cosplay and it's just--Ugh- Wanna PM me adn we can chat more? Don't wanna flood the thread with off-topic convo lol.

Yassssss. Maybe i'm just getting to be an "Old-taku gal" but I wish anime and fandoms were lax like they were back in like---I'd say early 2000's era? It didn't matter what you shipped or what you looked like when you cosplay, everything was just fun and chill but it seems like nowadays it's all pointing fingers and calling he or she or they problematic over ships and elitism over cosplay and it's just--Ugh- Wanna PM me adn we can chat more? Don't wanna flood the thread with off-topic convo lol.

Yeeeesss! I'll definitely PM you, because I could go on and on about this topic, myself from the perspective of being what I consider to be a 2nd Generation (2008-to-present) Otaku lol. :)

Serial Experiments Lain has the best opening like ever. But also Deadman Wonderland opening. I could list a lot more but those two are my faves. :ghostv: I almost forgot GTO. Top notch.

Mahoutsukai no yome has my heart. Also Soul Eater op was pretty memorable, I love the song.
This may not be apart of it but I do love the Youjo Senki ending song.

I can't say that I have one particular favorite opening, rather that I have a couple of favorite anime openings. The anime titles are all gonna be in english:
1. GATE
2. Testament of a Sister New Devil
3. The Devil's a Parttimer
4. Legends of Galactic Heroes
5. Full Metal Panic (I and IV's openings specifically)
6. Yukikaze
7. 801 TTS Airbats
8. Super Dimensional Fortress Macross
9. My Hero Academia

Actually talking in another topic here made me remember one of my other favourite openings from 90s anime xD

Where monsters rampage, I'm there to take them down! Where treasure glitters, I'm there to claim it! Where an enemy rises to face me, victory will be mine!

This makes me so happy.

There are so many good anime openings, many of which have already been mentioned... I'm not sure if I can narrow it down to even a top ten for me. However, Outlaw Star, while I don't think its opening was the best, has a very special place in my heart for nostalgia feels. Plus it got teenage me incredibly hyped.

Ooooh I'm all for resurrecting this thread lol.

Undoubtedly the One Punch opening. I can listen to this a hundred times in a row and still love it.

I have a soft spot for:

Valkyria Chronicles Op 2
It's quite old but for me, it has that melancholic feeling, it's not a happy opening or anything. That's kind of what I like about it.

Selector Infected Wixoss
I couldn't find a good quality video of it but I like how slow it starts and picks up halfway down the opening!

Kimetsu No Yaiba
This opening is a piece of art please just watch it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back