• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Fateful Spread | a good old-fashioned tarot-themed survival game

Marshmellow

fateful spread
or: card games in millennial cycles

Skeptical, are you? Just scraps of cardboard, you're thinking. Well, I tell you the future can be known! My predictions never fail! And I predict for you a most interesting future, indeed. Look, look at this card. It is Death. No, don't give me that look. It's not what you're thinking. You're not going to die, probably. Possibly. I give it fifty fifty odds. No, this is just an ending, but where there is an ending is a new beginning and I tell you truly something is beginning. Something big. Look here, it is The Tower. What does it mean? Any dollar store fortune teller would say calamity; a warning; chaos in your future. Well those people are hacks. You hear me? Hacks! I will tell you what the future truly holds, and it is this: the time has come for the Game to begin anew. You're giving me that look again. It'll make sense soon, I promise. In the mean time, I suggest investing in a good bulletproof vest.

That will be twenty dollars.

let the game begin

Fateful Spread: basically Highlander with a tarot theme. Welcome, all you distinguished roleplayers, to another exciting roleplay opportunity. Today's theme is: tarot cards.

It's been a long time since the Fortuna last played their Game. Theirs is a Game not for fun or mere material wealth, but for the very fate of the universe itself. Having chosen the site of their Game, the diverse Hundreds City, the spirits of the tarot have dispersed to begin the preliminary stages of the Game. The rules are simple:

1. In order to participate, a Fortuna must form a Bond with one and only one human.

2. To Bond with a human, a Fortuna must offer it a boon in the form of a magical card representative of the Fortuna. This boon grants the Bonded human a special power or ability.

3. A Fortuna is not required to inform a Bonded human of any particular details of the Game, however neither is she barred from doing so. Some Fortuna may find it advantageous to withhold certain information.

4. If a Bonded human loses its card or is otherwise rendered no longer able to participate (i.e. death), the Bonded Fortuna has lost the Game.

5. A Fortuna that has lost the Game may continue to participate in an advisory fashion.

6. The last Fortuna with a Bond is the victor.

7. The victor will reign over the world as the major tarot influence until the next Game begins.

With their eyes on the ultimate prize of unmatched influence over the world of humans, the Fortuna now scatter to seek out suitable partners. The fate of the world hangs in the balance as twenty-two ethereal beings search for their champions...

will you play the game?
so there's my pitch, if it sounds like something you want to do, please do say so. naturally, if anyone has any questions re: the fortuna or the game or whatever i'll be happy to answer.

Last edited:
delightful~

hopefully there will be enough interest for a decent roster of players. although there are technically slots available for 44+ characters minimum, my brainpower maxes out from keeping track of about six to eight people so that's about what i'll aim for. if interest is high i'll pick out a group and start setting up the lines of communication. but if it turns out to be a nonstarter i suppose i'll toss this on over to quests and see how it goes over there

It's definitely ambitious, cast-wise. But you could start off with a few players submitting a couple characters each and, once those characters get killed off, submitting new ones. Plus you can recruit more players down the line after the inevitable ghosting by some of the originals.

of course, i've no intention of letting all those potential characters go to waste! multiple characters for anyone that wants them, backups for folks that die, and a few npcs to move things along or just to kill~

i am a fairly lax individual, so a couple posts a week is just fine. but, so long as players are reasonably active in the ooc and/or potential future discord, i don't see the need to kick anyone out if they're taking too long to post. just do be considerate please, let everyone know if you need to drop or take a break, don't leave folks hanging in the middle of a scene, and if you are in the middle of a scene but can't finish it out for whatever reason, do let your friendly gm know and i will end it for you via, i don't know, maybe volcanic eruption? that usually ends things quick.

oh right, as for post length. i'd like to keep things casual. by all means write as much as you please, but a minimum of 2-3 paragraphs will be sufficient. as with posting frequency, there's considerable leeway there as long as posts are moving things along and/or entertaining. i also will encourage some ooc coordination between posts, so that hopefully folks will be able to include details that would normally be scattered across multiple posts ("if my character says this, will your character nod in response?" "yeah sure" "great i'll add that line and continue")

Last edited:
I'm new at this kind of rp, since i've only ever roleplayed at habbo and sites like that (it's way diferent in here, i know.)
Still i find it interesting, i would like to participate. Is The Magician Fortuna still free?

so long as you want to write well and have fun, there's surely a place for you here! looks like no one's claimed the magician just yet, so check out the character thread for details on character creation

Sounds fun ^^ To go with Judgement or with Death is the question, though. Or maybe the Lovers?? Can't decide gg

i've added a list to the character thread of all the available arcana ("claimed" is for ones people have expressed interest in, "taken" is for characters that have been created and approved)

Ooh! This looks fun and ironically, I used to have a story idea like this so I think this is calling my name haha! Mind if I steal the fool character? Also do I play both the Fortuna and human?

the fool is yours, if you have the courage to claim it Stitches and Patchwork Stitches and Patchwork ! creating a human and a fortuna to play is, i expect, the most efficient route, but there's nothing stopping anyone from just making one or the other and finding their other half during the rp (or not finding a bond at all, if one wishes to be just a vanilla human)

the devil is in the details, and also available to whomever wishes to make the character, RedLeftHand36 RedLeftHand36 !

Actually, sorry, lemme go with the Moon. I tend to jump too quick when things get reserved and completely forgot tarot meanings and just went with one of the cool names.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back