• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Over Zero

Berserker
At the rather lively park​

Berserker merely grunted at his master's presence. The new wrapping he found himself with wasn't particularly restrictive, so he didn't bother attempting to remove it. The odd thing was that he still felt his master's presence around him. Rather than try and wrap his corrupted psyche around the specifics of his master's shapeshifting, he instead considered the point of utilizing his spirit form. During the downtime, that would indeed be much easier on his master. But at the speed Berserker was traveling at, there wouldn't be any downtime. By the time they had even considered the option, he was already at his destination.

A sword wielding servant stood in the center of what appeared to be scorched earth. This was the spot. The energies that swirled around the blade indicated its power. The presence of the person itself was definitely that of a servant. A strong servant. A servant who clearly had no qualms about entering into battle with anyone. His challenge would take mere moments to receive an answer. Nobody would dare to call one who equalled the heavens a coward. Even the foreboding presence in the area would fail to take his attention off of what was directly ahead of him.

"GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"
He let out a furious battle cry, as it thundered through the vicinity. Leaping off of a rooftop, he brought both his arms over his head, balling up his fists. As he descended, he would bring both his fists crashing down upon the spot where Saber was standing, in a brutal show of intent.

Bhaxter Brooks
Blasting Off Agaaa....

Bhaxter was far from prepared when Lancer-and he was at least sure that she was Lancer, considering her 'weapon'- launched the two with her...'weapon', like a star streaking across the city's skyline. Bhaxter could only shriek in shock and amazement as the rocket lance delivered the pair to their destination, wherever that was. In spite of himself, Bhaxter looked outwards at the city as it flew by underneath them, when he noticed the faintest signs of movement, by forms far more noticeable than any normal human beings. The young mage attempted to reinforce his sight in an attempt to get a better view, but found himself lacking the focus to manage it, in the current conditions. Looking back to his servant, Bhaxter figured there was only one way to get anything done, and that was to try and play along with the act...however much of this was an act. He wrapped his free arm around Lancer's shoulder, pulling himself into what he prayed was earshot, and called out to her.

"U-uh...Ser knight! I think I have spotted our foe, but I need to know if it'll be safe for us to go there! I mean, how strong are you!? I figure you must be really strong with this armor and that...weapon of yours...OKAY, WHY DO YOU HAVE SUCH A WEIRD LANCE!?"

So much for playing along...

That can't be a part of your story...is it? Who are you, anyway!? You're not quite like the heroic spirit I was trying to summon...at all, really!"

Girouette Girouette

Last edited:
Christina Kimmich
Christina's House​

Christina watched as Saber's form slowly disappeared until she was alone in the room. The girl let out a long sigh before she stumbled to a chair that had been knocked down by the strong gust of wind during the summoning ritual. She slowly picked it up and plopped down into it before looking around the room and sighing once more. It was a mess... An utter mess, not just the room but this entire situation. As she continued to look around the room she noticed the plastic bag she was carrying earlier and struggled to get it from the chair. She didn't want to get back up and get it. Once she retrieved the bag she looked through it and grabbed one of the cans of beer. Upon opening the can a little bit of foam overflowed, most likely due to the can being knocked around. Christina sucked the foam up before chugging half the can of beer. Wiping her lips she leaned back into the chair and closed her eyes, "Well... Shit..." Was all she said before chugging the rest of her beer and standing up.

"It would be best to actually prepare and think of some plans... Dying would be... Not fun. I mean I could always surrender..." Christina said before shaking her head, "No, No. I can't do that to my Servant. Plus my pride would just get in the way..." She paced around the room for a bit, continuing to have this somewhat awkward conversation with herself. I could really go for a nap right now... Christina thought to herself as a small and elated smile crept onto her face. She lightly slapped herself as if to tell herself no and that she had work to do. With this she sighed once more before brainstorming a few ideas.

A few moment's later...

"There. That should help a bit." Christina said as she wiped her forehead with her hoodie's sleeve. She had gone around her house and outside it to place a few traps, magical and non-magical. They probably, no definitely wouldn't do anything against a servant, but to a human or fellow master they could cause some damage. Luckily she had the entire city as an asset. With her Mystic Code, The All Seeing Pendant, she was able to view the city from the perspective of the people she came into (physical)contact with. It just so happened her job required her to come into contact with a lot of people. Think of it as a set of security cameras except her cameras are people and what they see. It was a nifty little thing that would help her extremely in this War and it had another use but we will talk about that later. Note: The Pendant does not work on animals, which sucks.

Now, Christina's plans were pretty simply. This would be a war of attrition and secrecy. She'd try to stay away from combat as much as possible while scouting out the other servants and masters. Once she discovered who was who, it would be a lot easier. Maybe she would psychoanalyze one and piss them off. Anyway enough of that, Christina had no interest in being the first team to get eliminated and thus she would wait to fight. Of course if a master and servant attacked her then she would be forced to fight them. Well her servant would handle the other servant. There was also the option of teaming up with another master, and while that would help for a bit they would eventually have to turn on each other. For now, Christina would wait and gather as much information as possible.

Xel Xel

Assassin
The Park
Assassin, being wise, decided to ghost away for a moment, as he expanded his senses, feeling for the magecraft holding together Servants. It was an odd trait he possessed, but it certainly helped pinpoint his foes with far more accuracy than simple Servant senses that every one of them had. His gun held in hand, he considered the validity of- there was an oppressive presence, before it faded instantly. His eyes snapped wide open, as he debated the best course of action.

It would be most wise to assist Saber, as they could assist him. But he already shot at them, and so he had to make amends to become an ally. Problem was there was someone else with presence concealment, and an extremely high killing intent. Now that was a severe issue. So he would need a fairly good ally to fight something, and Saber's master would be easily murdered by someone like that. And so he stuck his submachine gun to his hip, a holster for it forming. At the same time, he became encased in dark black armor, with a red cloak wrapped around the shoulders with a hood atop.

A brief conversation flicked through to his master, asking permission to act as fire support to Saber. He would need it, compared to Beserker.

His rifle shrugged off his back, he held it loosely. He had only so many shots, which was a distinct issue. And to open up with one of his 'tools' as well, was the issue. He could easily tip the scales in Saber's favor, but was it too early?

...Yes. It was too early to unleash a lethal blow as such, when he had only so many times to utilize such a thing. That, and it would reveal his presence for miles.

Wasn't that the primary issue with things in wars- massive monstrosities, blasts of gold light, aerial superiority battles. Each one causing more and more trouble than the last. Yet for now, he watched, waiting for a perfect moment to blast through one's guard.

And so his weapon was lowered, as he watched the scene in question for now. His rifle was still ready for a snapshot, as the bullet within was reinforced, in case of emergency. Or worse, to kill anything that dared approach his own master.

Presence Concealment: Rank B Active
Godhowsae Godhowsae
Darkholme Darkholme
Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom

Saber
Middle of the Park - Engaging Berserker
It did not take long for Saber to receive an answer to the challenge they issued throughout the vicinity. Almost directly after proclaiming the group 'cowards' a servant approached directly from above, wielding their hands like a makeshift hammer. Saber braced themself in the moment before Berserker's descent. Close quarters was the absolute territory of the servant of the sword. Saber would not retreat from the attack. In the moment before impact, Saber's blade rose to meet the furious strike of the mad beast. In the moments of this struggle, Saber could see the servant they were facing closely and clearly. Underneath the cloak it seemed to be wearing A monkey with fire in its eyes. Such a beast had no place challenging the first among knights. Almost more curious was the hundreds of eyes which Saber now seemed to be in the presence of. Most curious. Such thoughts proved to be fleeting, as Berserker broke Saber's guard and his fists came down upon the servant of the sword.

The ground underneath saber suddenly fractured and broke under the blow of the beast, creating something akin to a very minor crater. The point of impact where Berserker had made contact with his attack turned out to be upon the shoulder of Saber's armor. Despite the power behind the attack, Saber hadn't buckled though. A faint shimmer ran along the area that had taken the blow and Saber's intent could be felt immediately. With the momentum halted, the blade wreathed in black and navy flames came forth to push the servant off and immediately dashing forward to bring the blade against the beast. Saber swung once, twice, three, four, five, six times. The flurry of blows rained down upon the beast, but each blow was deflected along the flat of the blade by the quick reflexes of the rodent they faced off against. Saber was careful to keep this enemy servant directly opposite of their master. While that man was Saber's strength, providing the needed mana to sustain the servant's presence, he was also Saber's weakness. He would be protected at all cost.

"How long can you hold off my blade, beast? All I need is one strike."

The flames licking along the length of the blade ignited in fury, as Saber renewed the assault with vigor.

Darkholme Darkholme
hudhouse hudhouse
cojemo cojemo
HTCOR HTCOR
Xel Xel

Last edited:
LANCER
Location: FLYING THROUGH THE AIR ON A ROCKET PROPELLED JOUSTING LANCE.

Lancer, who had sent herself hurtling through the air with her childishly painted rocket spear, had honestly not thought beyond this point.

Perhaps, she had assumed some evil-doer would chase after her explosively brilliant form streaking across the sky, or that she'd run into a dragon swooping around this...Rather normal looking from the sky, city.

Obviously, neither of those things happened.

However, even better, her master started speaking her language!

"A! My attentive comrade, I thank you for your scouting of the landscape of adventure! If our foe is nearby, point me toward it and we shall face it with valor! Do not doubt my strength, I am the strongest servant you could possibly have summoned in this war, know this and be comforted, and enjoy the adventure of a lifetime we shall experience in our quest!"

Perhaps her statement of comfort to her master would mean more, if they didn't suddenly begin plummeting down to earth, rapidly losing altitude as the lance lost thrust.

"A...AH! I promise, this is all as planned! I just need to...Land before we can take off again, haha! Yes, my master in this journey, just hold on very tightly, this landing shall be perfectly fine!"

In truth, the landing was going to be very rough.

Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

Yi Kose
GETTING OUT OF HERE
--------

Well this was going to hurt! The cloak let go of Berserker just before his main impact, allowing Kose to fly into the air! The 'robes' flew into a tree and got tangled in the branches. All of the eyes seemed to lose their light, and just simply die. The fading robes would be perfectly fine in all actuality, but fortunately, it was the perfect opportunity to hide! With the second wave burst from the Lancer's navy fire, Kose threw a bit of herself into the wind, which twitched in the dirt as it consumed some nearby rocks and dirt. It would mutate into a rat, which Kose possessed with her Transference of Consciousness. Kose shook her head, and surveyed the battle field. Hey... Lancer was glancing back. She looked at all the signs, a fighter with as much agility and strength as they would try and use that to their advantage, but he was carefully positioning himself. Hmm... Why was that?

Kose would drop two more rats from the cloak, and have them scout around. They were looking for any information they could use. Actually, they needed a bit of life force to help bolster their mana... So a rat leaped into the stomach of a cat which lead to a rather brutal yet silent scene that ended with a hollow 'cat'. The cat prowled around, looking with the rats. Kose took notes of everything she saw, and prepared to use the fight to her advantage...

Godhowsae Godhowsae
Darkholme Darkholme
cojemo cojemo
HTCOR HTCOR
Xel Xel

Bhaxter Brooks
Falling From the Sky...
Bhaxter genuinely reconsidered his life choices as the pair started to drastically lose altitude, the feeling of a sudden drop in his stomach really not sitting well with him. He'd never flown a plane before, but it was a near guarantee that after this, he never would. Seeing that they were likely to lose sight of the location he had in mind if they landed too far away, Bhaxter pointed out the tallest building he could find, as close to his intended destination as possible and tried for his servant's attention once again.

"Try landing there, Lancer! It'll be the safest choice. Otherwise you might land on somebody, okay?"

After saying his piece once again, he pulled back, leaning in as closely against his servant as possible, and activating his reinforcement, stretching it out throughout his body. While it might not have saved him under normal circumstances from this height, with his servant taking most of the force, he should be fine with just this.

As he waited for impact, he wondered why his servant was so eccentric. In comparison to the only other servant he'd seen, she was far from normal, and definitely not like any of the heroes he'd read about. He knew that sooner or later they'd have to have an actual discussion about that. If his servant could manage as much, that is.

Girouette Girouette

Berserker
Still duking it out in the park

As he entered combat with what was obviously Saber, he was quickly forced onto the defensive. The enemy servant's blade obviously had more reach than his hands and fists, and he had his master to be concerned with as well. He did have methods of counterattack under these circumstances, but even he wasn't so insane as to use them so quickly in the engagement. Thus, it was the best he could do to deflect Saber's impressive sword swings using merely his raw speed and power. However, that latter concern regarding his master would quickly fall to the wayside as they quickly retreated from combat, leaping into some nearby foliage. This at least meant that Berserker could now forgo some of his defense.

Deciding that now was a good time for a counterattack, he stepped back as he deflected yet another ferocious swing. He intended to create a very short distance between the two, and as he did so, he opened his guard slightly, intending to draw out a more decisive attack from Saber.

Archer
Gale's Car--> Boreas Mansion--> Shooting Range

Archer happily caught the small handgun which Gale had tossed at her. As her hand wrapped around the grip, a fiery aura enveloped the handgun, recognising it as a ranged weapon. "Strength? Naw, don't expect me going around wrestling Bersekers. I don't have great strength." She answered back, taking aim at one of many targets. She pulled the trigger- though what exited the barrel of the handgun was no bullet. A bright light exploded forth from the handgun, accompanied by a projectile- a bright orange bolt of sorts, that left behind a bright trail. It hit the target right in the center, though the projectile did not stop there. It also pierced the wall behind the target, melting a hole through the wall. Archer then took aim again, before unloading the entire magazine into the target unecessarily. As she finished, the barrel of the handgun was already red-hot, and began to lose its shape. "You know, hiding behind some glass wall isn't going to do you any good, dumb shit." She called out to her master. "Also, if I fired a minigun, I'm pretty sure the barrel's gonna melt like SUPER quick. You got a bigger and better handgun? I think something like that'll do nicely."

Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

ArcherRooftop Near Park -> Engaging Lancer

latest

The archer came to a stop at the edge of one of the rooftops, his gaze locked firmly on the two clashing titans in the park. Their attacks were ferocious and on a far different level than any physical capabilities he could muster. Just their brief exchange of blows told him all he needed to know about where they stood in this war. His eyes didn't miss the cape fluttering away from Berserker. However, something more amusing caught his attention. Far off in the sky shone a faint light, an armor-clad individual being pulled along by a rocket propelled lance, henceforth to be referred to as an RPL. Already having an idea of what the two servants in the park were capable of he opted to move his way in the direction of the flying servant, deftly hopping from one building to the next. "Master, oh, right... This is Archer, I know your orders were to avoid combat but I found something interesting so I'm going to disregard those orders, alright? Take it up with Saber if you have any issues." An unfamiliar voice echoed through Christina's mind. Clearly her servant, yet a voice of one she had never spoken to before. It was far less rigid and deep than Saber's, having a more rural hunter feel to it. He was sure his Master would take exception to his actions but he wasn't about to pass up some flying knight just to sit there and watch two brutes slug it out with one another. If she truly had a problem with it she could send out a familiar to watch or something.

The bow-wielder came to rest atop a small water tower as he looked up at the flying knight. Or, to be more specific, the falling knight. Falling or flying it made little difference in the end as he raised his bow and took aim. Drawing the string back an arrow materialized, already nocked and ready to fire. After only a moment to finalize his aim he let loose, quickly following up the shot with an additional two arrows. The trio of projectiles soared through the sky, aimed carefully to strike along Lancer's trajectory just before she touched down on the roof. Not waiting to see whether his arrows hit their mark he was already on the move. Archer or not he wanted to get in closer and so he carried himself towards the tall building soon to be housing Lancer and her Master.

Iskandar Iskandar Girouette Girouette Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

Christina Kimmich
Still in Christina's Workshop.
Christina sat in the sole chair in her workshop. Of course she had a beer in hand but just sat there with her eyes closed, occasionally sipping the aforementioned beer. She was using her Mystic Code; the All Seeing Pendant. She was quickly moving from one person's perspective to the next as she was gathering as much information of the current situation. It was somewhat straining, moving from one person's perspective to another to another and so on in such rapid succession. Christina was able to somewhat see what was occurring between Beserker and a Swordsman, but quickly switched to another person's perspective. She didn't want the person seeing Beserker and the Swordsman fighting to get in harms way and made sure to influence his mind to get away from the area. Taking a break for a bit, Christina opened her eyes and looked around before letting out a yawn. It had been quite sometime since Christina had gotten a full eight hours of sleep.

As soon as Christina heard another voice in her head she whipped her head around as if to find the voice in her room. With her Indomitable Mind it should be impossible for someone to be placing thoughts and the such in her head, so the only option was Telepathy of some sort. She was somewhat confused when the person talking revealed themselves to be Archer. Wasn't Saber her servant? If so then who was this Servant? Only a few seconds passed before she figured it out. It befitted a Detective like her to figure it out so quickly. A grin found its way onto her face as she replied to Archer, "I See. Interesting. Anyway, you have permission. I want you to test those that have piqued your interests. I'll assume it is another Servant, so see how powerful they are. If their master is nearby, determine what kind of person they are. Don't harm the master though. If they are an asshole then go ahead. Try to keep tabs as well." With that she agreed with her Servant and gave him Permission. Depending on Archer's assessment, they could make for decent allies.

"How interesting... Perhaps the Servant I have summoned is truly the best suited for me..." Christina said in an oddly calm voice. Though her facial features hid none of her emotion as her eyes looked elated and her mouth curled into a toothy grin, "I can't get to excited though. I have to be alert." She muttered to herself before slapping her cheeks and sitting back into her chair, chugging the rest of her beer. She licked her foamed lips before going back to gathering information.

Xel Xel
Godhowsae Godhowsae
Darkholme Darkholme
(I Guess I'll tag Girouette Girouette and Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet too)

Gale Boreas

Gale sighed and rolled his eyes, "It's a habit. Anyway, I will do some calls and get you special guns so that they won't melt. Or would you prefer a single gun with interchangeable barrels?" He asked, taking out his phone, unlocking it and dialing a number, hovering his finger on the call button. As he waited for Archer's response, he walked out of the glass cover and stared into her eyes, trying to peek into her mind. To no avail, he did not succeed. As soon as Archer responded, he'd head over to his workshop and enter it, walking down the stairs and arriving in a room that looked more like a morgue rather than a workshop. As soon as he entered, the door closed and locked itself. He took off his black jacket and slid on a white coat and a pair of yellow, rubber gloves.

He pressed a button and the lights turned on, all pointing to the surgical table in the middle of the room. He approached the wall covered with small doors and opened one, pulling out a stretcher with a recently killed corpse on it. After resting the body on the surgical table, Gale took a scalpel in his hand and made a long and deep incision through the chest of the corpse. He then took a retractor and used it to widen the cut and to expose the rib cage. The man then broke the ribs one by one, extracting them from the cadaver and resting them on a tray close to him. He stuck his hand into his chest and tightly grabbed the man's heart, slowly proceeding to rip it out. He places it in a small jar full of distilled water and opens a hatch, placing the jar with the other jars, all containing other, differently-sized hearts.

After two hours of tedious work, Gale had extracted all of the organs from the cadaver, storing them safely in various refrigerators and freezers. The only thing left to do was to burn his flesh and keep the bones for anything he'd need them for. He pushes the stretcher towards an incinerator, dropping the body into it. He presses a few digits on a pad and the fire starts, slowly beginning to burn the meaty bits of the dead man. He heads towards the sink, taking off his gloves and disposing them into a bin under the sink, washing his hands slowly and accurately. Once done, he takes off his white coat only to put his black jacket back on. Then, Gale returns upstairs, cracking his finger's joints one by one.
LostHaven LostHaven

Last edited:
LANCER
Lancer took a moment to think of what to do.
Her master was yelling quite loudly in her ear about the safest place to land, and her own thoughts had suddenly been swept from her mindset of "Off to adventure" to "Hm...I may have messed this up a little bit."

"N...Don't worry, Master, we will land quite safely! A servant as strong as me wouldn't be harmed from a fall of this height, and you shall be fine as long as you stay latched on!"

This was what lancer thought would happen, a nice, smooth landing onto the uninhabited rooftop, hopefully to take off once more in the pursuit of some evil she was adamant on fighting before the night was up...

Lancer was wrong, at least for the first part.

It most certainly would be shocking to her master, and even herself, when her fall began to slow incredibly, until she began to shoot back up at almost the same speed she launched in the first place.

It took her a moment to realize this, and when she did, her tone shifted from the panicky, unsure voice that instilled no confidence in their safety, to one of gloating praise of herself in an instant.

"W...Wha-....AHA! Of course, Master! A servant such as I, a chivalrous knight that will become a modern day hero for these times, a shooting star of adventure and justice to be read about in comics and literature alike, would not bring themselves to touch the ground!"

Her (Rocket) lance seemed to have kicked back in as they began to rise straight up...Before wobbling around and beginning to fly around wildly.

"Now, my sidekick of heroism, don't fret...Or get motion sickness, We are back on track for vanquishing evil! May your keen eye spot a place to being our presence to, and I shall take us there!"

Xel Xel (Since you're watching them)

Bhaxter Brooks
Demonstrating Aerial Superiority
As the pair regained some altitude, Bhaxter let loose a sigh of relief. Despite lacking complete control at the moment, they were in a better position than before, and that was frankly enough for the young magus. Until he felt the shock waves that just barely missed his servant's large obvious frame. Bhaxter held back a shriek as he scanned the area, and spotted the three streaking objects passing them. Turning back towards the ground, he spotted a figure standing on the roof he'd previously pointed out. Gritting his teeth, Bhaxter came to understand that whatever magical nonsense he had gotten himself into, he couldn't just hope the danger wouldn't reach him. He'd need to work with his servant better in order to survive this "war". Pointing his hand out, Bhaxter let his electrical energy flow through his arm and into the palm of his hand.

"Lancer! There's an enemy attacking from below us right-"

Bhaxter released the magical energy in a tiny ball of electricity that flew down at Archer. It wasn't nearly as fast as the servant's shots, and it would do little in terms of actual damage, but it would make a simple guide in the right direction for his flying servant to aim, and quite the obvious marker when it exploded upon reaching its target.

"OVER THERE!"

Girouette Girouette Xel Xel

ArcherEngaging Lancer

latest

He pause briefly as his target suddenly jerked back up towards the sky, her lance regaining it's fire as it pulled her up to narrowly avoid his shots. Fighting a flying opponent is already challenging enough. Fighting one with such refined control and impeccable reflexes just made his job all that much more difficult. Unexpectedly it wasn't Lancer that was first to respond, rather it was the master clinging desperately to her back. The ball of lightning came careening own towards him to which his response was.. nothing. Archer simply rose his bow and took aim once more. As the blast drew nearer he pulled the string back, an arrow materializing already nocked. Unlike before this arrow glowed a majestic emerald green. The wisps of energy cascading around it as if ready to burst forth at a moment's notice. With a repeated flurry he launched off yet another trio of arrows, the forefront of which pierced directly through the ball of lightning as if it weren't even there before continuing on towards the flying servant. As the arrows drew in proximity to Lancer they would all detonate. Blasts of green energy emanating out in all directions to act as a sort of magical flak to deal with the airborne target. If Lancer was to stay aloft then he would simply cause her so much grief that she would prefer to ground herself. And so, without rest, he nocked another arrow and fire. He would maintain a continuous volley of exploding arrows for as long as Lancer remained in flight.

Last edited:
Assassin
The Park
It wasn't more than a moment for Assassin to make his choice. Remove the secondary threat, and get someone to assist with the primary threat. He really didn't want to deal with a Caster who had presence concealment. He himself was deadly- but a caster who could double as an assassin was worse. So his rifle raised, as he kept his eyes upon the target. His breathing steadied, as he waited for the perfect moment.

His crosshairs centered upon Beserker, as he felt his senses tingling. His eyes drifted away from the Beserker for a moment, before focusing on the man. He only needed to place one shot, before moving on. A faint degree of killing intent leaked out of him- enough for any Servant to notice him, but not enough for any regular human to.

"Those beyond our grasp, fear the strength of man." His words carried a faint sense of power, as it took a few seconds to actualize. It was a mystery of some sort, as the aria would suggest. Those words were followed by a singular bullet- but it lacked the power it had before, consisting of a decent piercing attack that would either hit Beserker, or fly past Saber.

With the end of those words, his rifle was shouldered, his sub-machine gun ripped out of its holster. He was close enough this could turn into a close ranged battle. And it wouldn't take a moment more before he leaped out of his tree, intending to get out of any blast radius that would destroy him, yet this time? The two servants could track him far more easily, as well as any Servants keeping an eye on the fight.

Presence Concealment: Rank B -> D Active

Godhowsae Godhowsae
Darkholme Darkholme
cojemo cojemo

LANCER
At this point, Lancer was veering in such wild directions that it was surprising she claimed to have any control, though perhaps to Archer it seemed as deliberate movements to avoid arrow fire. Her thoughts raced with both confusion and confidence, with a certain part of her most honestly just enjoying the ride, as un-servant like as thoughts like that are.

Her masters shrieks of alert at the barrage of arrows and the hasty shots of lightning he fired off towards the assailant made the next part easy. There was no proper thought or planning into her next action, and the way she whipped the lance around despite it's wild veering and the incredible force it was exerting behind it proved not only the spontaneity of the action, but the desire to engage the foe bubbling to the surface.

"So that is where our first challenge lie, let us prove ourselves by conquering it with wild and indomitable passion!"

Her words were breathless, and in them was an excitement most likely apparent to her master, a lust for the challenge she was about to be faced with...The desire for adventure, trials, and the battle ahead was even more-so all that took hold in her mind, and her master, who (Despite unknowingly, due to his and her inexperience with the grail war) had the telepathic bond that masters and Servants inherently shared, would most certainly feel the aura of her thoughts dripping away and being focused on one single task.

~Enjoying fighting this foe~

For most heroic spirits, the thought of fun was far, far away, focused on victory, winning, ambition for the grail, and the wish they held to qualify as a heroic spirit.

For Lancer, it was now obvious to her master that these things were secondary to the enjoyment of the adventure for her.
This would most likely scare him, though luckily, that fear would most likely be replaced with even more fear, as they began to fly directly toward Archer...

And directly through a very painful volley of magical energy detonating in their face, a pain that lancer, despite her seeming loss of intelligent reasoning (As evidenced by hurtling through it), attempted to shield her master from, and though parts of tore through her armor and her particularly low magical resistance made the damage shockingly apparent, it was obvious she had no intention of dodging them or wavering from the course of ramming her rocket Lance directly at whoever was firing them, and she sped up with every fragment that made contact with her.

"I'm coming to face you, my Challenger!"

Xel Xel
@A medical professional because this is gonna hurt everyone involved.

ArcherEngaging Lancer

latest

Well, that was one way to handle it. He expected to ground her with his barrage, but not like this. Through the hail of explosions he could pick out the armor-clad knight barreling down towards him. Even as he intensified his forward firepower it was too late, the girl would come crashing down onto his position in mere moments. Just before impact Archer leapt back into the air. Even with his attempted dodging the blast of the impact still sent him flying back into the wall of the roof's entrance. The sheer force of the impact threw him right through the concrete barrier to land in the stairwell. The wind was knocked from him as he coughed up a small bit of blood. It took him a few seconds to recover, pulling himself back to his feet with a pained groan. "She hits like a truck..." The words were muttered under his breath as he stroked his hand across the dark green armor that was exposed beneath his torn shirt. He gave a faint laugh as he patted his side in a thankful manner before wiping away the blood from his lips. While not traditional his opponent seemed to have the speed and power one would expect from a Lancer. A smile once again tugged at his lips at the thought of facing the woman. It wasn't fun to just take out your opponent from long range, a true huntsman had to get in close every now and then.

Archer made his way out of the stairwell through the hole he had made. As he stepped forward he once again raised his bow, aiming it directly at the dust cloud that still loomed over the center of the impact. Another arrow materialized from nothingness as he drew the string back. His grasp was feather light to the point that you would be curious how the arrow hadn't been loosed already. "I should have expected such power from the Lancer Class. Still, it's not often you hear about a rocket propelled lance." He flashed the armored woman a charismatic smile before glancing back at the master she had with her. "Is it really wise to be lugging around your Master like that? Would be a pretty anti-climatic ending to have our fight end with the death of your Master." To put emphasis on this fact he shifted his aim slightly, the arrow aimed directly over Lancer's shoulder as if to hit her Master.

Berserker
Still duking it out in the park

The attack he had baited out would most certainly come, and not just from the angle he was expecting. He prepared as Saber stepped forward, using the momentum to deliver a powerful overhead swing to Berserker. He suddenly felt the presence of another servant very close by, which is something he'd also have to pay attention to. He knew this situation would demand he finally reveal his true skill in martial arts. He raised his left arm, allowing the blade to graze against his armguard, then twisting his arm downward to force the blade into the ground. As he did so, Berserker heard a gunshot off to his right, clearly aimed at him. Berserker wasn't devoid of all his wits, and knew how to make the best of the situation. Grabbing one of Saber's arms, he let out another bestial shout - as he used his positioning and leverage to twist himself around, and swing Saber into the path of the incoming bullet, while simultaneously moving himself out of the way.

LANCER
Location: Hitting the ground like a missile, engaged with Fake Archer.

There's no way Lancer wasn't somewhat injured after the barrage of arrows and energy, but upon landing, she stood up from the impact (And resulting explosion of rubble that accompanied it), had she not been a servant, or not had the tiniest bit of magic resistance granted by her class, that much would leave her unable to fight, even if not killing her.

However, she stood up rather quickly, and her master reasonably unharmed, though perhaps dazed from the impact, her armor seemed to have been incredibly bruised and battered, with holes in a few places, though luckily none enough to reach her body.

Her lance, however, remained in pristine condition, childish paint job and all.

"Sneak attacks are unbefitting of a hero, my challenger! Haha! And threats upon the weak like my master are just as unbecoming! What kind of servant would I be, if my Master could not be protected by my own form? Setting him down would be a folly, I'm sure you can tell he wouldn't be able to defend himself, and I'd have to"

Her stance adjusted as her breathing slowed from the exasperation of flying through the air, and her tone was challenging, but surprisingly...Happy? A overwhelming feeling of Joviality came from it.

Her claims of protecting her master were not simply obtuse confidence either, as her armor began to shine, until it extended from the back, enveloping her master in more or less a metal cocoon, and pulling him into the armor with her, it wouldn't be comfortable, and he wouldn't be able to see the fight from any meaningful angle, but he would most likely be safe unless she herself perished...Which she didn't seem to think would happen.

"But I'll give you a chance to have an honorable fight! Haha!"

She pointed the lance at her enemy, though made no motion to thrust, and no seeming inclination to attack first.

"
As a true knight, the beginning of a duel is dedicated to an exchange of names, so we may face each other on equal footing! You face an aspect...Nay, the greatest inspiration...No...The chivalrous knight who will become a superhero in THIS modern world, The Knight Don Quixote! Lancer!"

Yi Kose
Split into hundreds!
------------------------------------

Kose had enough of all of this. She turned her body into lots of tiny rats and bats, sprawling out of the tree! They zoomed forward, consuming as many animals as they could in a brutal display of the laws of nature near the monstrous fight, trying to suck out their blood and mana to fuel the vampiric war machine. More importantly, though, the Bats would zoom towards the source of the bleeding comet's impact, since with these stakes it was highly likely a servant was up there! She should be able to at least make sure that Berserker will be safe... actually... she turned into a few pigeons instead! This way she can try her hand at a very special spell...

Through the extra available flesh, a new vassal for the Kose hivemind would begin to form in a gopher den in a nearby park. A few of the rat vanguards were on a gluttonous spree!

Girouette Girouette Xel Xel Iskandar Iskandar Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

Saber
Middle of the Park - Withdrawing
When the opening came, Saber took it without even the slightest hesitation. The swordplay of the servant was smooth and one strike naturally flowed in to another. The strike came from overhead with strength, speed, and precision behind it. What Saber did not expect from Berserker, was a feint and the knight was taken off guard The beast's hands grasped the armor of the servant and Saber ended up in the air. Berserker's wits would not be underestimated again. However, what did not take them off guard was the shot fired from Assassin. Saber's sense of the impending danger was risen greatly and immediately, as the projectile was just moments from impact. In what could only be described as a supernatural feat of body control, Saber's body twisted around three hundred and sixty degrees in a clockwise fashion which allowed just enough room for the attack to pass by above the servant. Once the full rotation had completed, Saber's feet came down to the ground. The servant momentarily in a position with one knee on the ground, supported by the blade they held.

The servant's head rose back up to look at Berserker, but beyond him there were multiple other explosions occurring atop a building. Two servants in the distance, Berserker in front, Assassin behind. Then there were the masters to consider. Taking this break, Saber made a decision. The servant lept just in front of their master who was still in the area while speaking to him telepathically.

'As much as I would enjoy to stay and continue the fight, you are a liability to me with this many combatants around. We shall retreat for now. I will secure your escape.'

Without much warning, Saber tossed Jeremy over their shoulder and began to withdraw from the field.

Darkholme Darkholme
cojemo cojemo
HTCOR HTCOR

ArcherEngaging Lancer

latest

As the smoke cleared and the dust settled he was finally able to get a good look at his handywork. It was obvious Lancer's brash actions weren't without consequence. Certainly a good thing that his attacks actually did damage. Archer simply gave a small shrug at Lancer's remarks, never once taking his aim off the woman. "I wouldn't be very good at what I do if I called out a warning before every attack." Needless to say he quirked a brow as the woman's immense set of armor opened up and swallowed her Master whole. He had no intention of going for the Magus, he doubted he could get away with that with a close-combat servant right in front of him. But still, to have Lancer just eat him up was a bit odd to say the least. The surprise only mounted as Lancer revealed their identity. The surprise was quickly replaced by his smile returning, growing even greater than it had been before. The two of them were more alike than most and that fact amused him quite a fair bit.

"Well I apologize I am no knight and I can not guarantee you an honorable duel. However, now that you have given me your name it is only right that I return the favor. You stand before the famous Robin Hood, the greatest bandit to ever live."
The arrow that he held nocked and ready suddenly erupted into that same emerald energy as before. Only this time the energy was far more vibrant, whipping about like a raging fire. "And just as I have bested countless Knights before, so too shall I best you!" With that he released the arrow, the energy cascading off the bolt as it sped forth towards the top of Lancer's head. Once the arrow had traveled a short distance it split into dozens of of copies, all of which bore down on Lancer's position like a hail of emerald fire. To coincide with his attack he also leapt back to the edge of the building, making as much distance between the two as he possibly could.

LANCER

There was a very short moment where Lancers disposition changed entirely.
Though her resolve for combat wasn't wavered, her demeanor, though so slight and unnoticeable to any but those with beyond keen perception or psychic abilities. For a split second, Lancers demeanor turned toward admiration as her opponent revealed his name.

As a girl obsessed with heroes and deeds of Justice, the hero Robin Hood...Despite his opposite appeal of "Knightly Justice, Robin Hood was most certainly some level of heroic, and most certainly garnered a hefty amount of respect.
Despite this, her stance didn't change at his proclamation of identity, nor did it when his arrow erupted into a brilliant emerald color...Her lance remained pointed at him until her fired.

"You'll find there's no knight you've fought like me!"

At the moment his arrow was released, her arm holding the lance tweaked downwards towards the buildings floor, and erupted into the same rocket force that maneuvered them about the air prior.
The result was quite a bit of force begin exerted on a specific, pinpoint at the tip of the lance...With the lance not buckling under the pressure, the floor would give way in a particularly destructive display.

Suffice to say, the floor cracked under the immense amount of pressure, and sent Lancer barreling down a floor...Before the lance swung back upwards, sending her careening upwards once more...But at an angle, hitting what remained of the floor once more, and hopefully, Archer.

It seemed Lancer had some amount of strategy between charging directly at the enemy.

Xel Xel

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back