• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Over Zero

Assassin (Akira Kawa?)
In this damn basement.
His eyebrow just raised higher and higher, until it could go no further. He found it prone to answer the Master first, as it would be simpler. So much simpler, as he needed to lightly explain a few things to this silly person. "You do realize that if I was a Servant, it would be highly foolish of me to give you my name? I may be the Fifth Head of my family, but still. I am here of my own accord, as to investigate the screaming from someone in the middle of the night on the eve of the Grail War. And the decent bounded field around the home merely roused my suspicions further that you were a Master in this war...and for your sake?" he'd tug a glove off, as to allow him to see the back of his right hand. There wasn't any Command Seals, thankfully. "And as you can see, I don't have any Seals of my own. Therefore I cannot be a master. But pardon the intrusion and all."

He'd pause, tilting his head at him. "Although, I must admit. Did you travel to this city, or have you lived here your entire life?" he would ask, a curious note to his voice. Akira was wondering how a man like him managed to be able to summon a servant, and be here without the Second Owner's awareness. It was more than a bit odd.

And a Knight class...he'd need to pull out a few tricks to win a fight with her.

But that wasn't relevant to his case. It wasn't long before he grabbed thin air- and a lawn chair came out, causing him to flick it out and sit down. His posture still rang of extreme danger to the Master.
"Actually, disregard the last question for now. I don't need to know. But my main question is 'You are aware of what you got yourself into'?"

Assassin was fairly aware this one wasn't insane enough to want to join a war like this willingly. But people still surprised him everyday.

Girouette Girouette Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

Jeremy 'Angelus' Holden

The night was dark, with a calming and cool breeze greeting anyone who may have been taking a stroll. The stars twinkled in the sky, with an inviting allure to them. Most people would have been asleep in their homes all tucked in and safe, but it should come as no surprise a few adventurous folk would not want to miss being out on such a beautiful night. It's such a shame, though, that there was something that could ruin someone's life wandering about as well.

Thud.

Cracking his neck, Jeremy smiled as he looked down upon the young women that fell to the ground. She couldn't have been that far into her teens, and neither was her boyfriend a few feet back who'd met the same fate. "You two must've really loved each other, eh? I wonder what that tastes like." He knelt down at the lifeless corpse bleeding from its neck, and with one swift motion plunged his right hand into its chest, emerging with a barely beating heart. He eyed it for a moment, then plopped it into his mouth, devouring it in one quick act, slurping some of the blood from is lips as he let out a satisfied sigh. His eyes closed, and for a moment there was merely silence as he savored the taste of his latest victim. These two weren't the first people to die by the hands of this monster on this fateful night; there had been several break ins earlier that the police would surely wander upon the next day, entire families left missing their hearts. Normally Jeremy was a bit more subtle, but at the same time he wasn't stupid. It'd been a while since he feasted, and due to his body being weak he knew he'd need extra energy for what was to come.

"I think it's about time we get started and joined the circus that is this war, prove who deserves to be here." Standing straight up, Jeremy slowly walked over to a pair of benches, blood dripping from his face and right claw-hand. His entire figure was clad in black, so if anything the remains of his victims on his person would stand out even more on this dark night. Once at the bench, he stood at the edge of what was a red circle complete with a large sword at the center of it. Summoning a Servant out in the open wasn't the best idea as it had a chance to draw some attention, but at the same time Jeremy didn't have many choices. Always on the run, he didn't exactly have much time to prepare ahead of time. It'd taken him a lot of effort to just get his hands on the catalyst he had, but the murder of some fanatical magus was more than worth the spoils. After all, if his theory was correct it should summon him a Servant of the Saber class, and with the strongest Servant under his control there would be nothing stopping him. Reaching into his pocket, Jeremy retrieved a handful of red and blue pills, and after popping them into his mouth he quickly spread his arms in an exaggerated fashion as he started chanting. With each word of the chant his smile grew wider, and as the circle lit up and the air around him became heavier with magical energy, he couldn't help but laugh.

We'll see who's really a failure now, won't we?
Godhowsae Godhowsae

Gale Boreas
Gale looked over at Archer and tilted his head at her remark about his childhood. "While that is partly correct, I am a high functioning psychopath. I do not care whether or not other people get hurt if I can succeed in my deeds." He explained, entering a dirt-road that went up the hill. As he drove past numerous trees, he slowly came to a stop, lowering the window. He raised his sleeve to reveal his magic crest which covered his entire arm and probably half of his back. A hatch opened in the tree and a red scanner began analyzing his arm. "ACCESS GRANTED -- Welcome home, master Boreas." The voice said as the dirt-road tore open, revealing a tunnel paved in steel. He drove into it and the dirt-road above him closed up. The steel pavement began to slide forward, moving the car with it. "So, Archer. What kind of weaponry do you prefer? Actual bows or something more...advanced?" He asked, looking towards her while the strong sound of rain falling onto the steel roof of the tunnel could be heard.

LostHaven LostHaven

Bhaxter Brooks

Bhaxter clutched the grimoire tighter to his chest, as the man that was intruding in his house materialized a chair out of nothing and took a seat. He was certainly experienced with magecraft, or he was just using...what were they called again? Nobel Prizes? No, that didn't make sense...

"U-um, this is my house, yeah...I've been living here since I was a kid. I was surprised that you'd made it in here without me knowing about it but it makes sense. You're pretty good with magic, Mr. Kawa."

For a moment, Bhaxter considered reading his book to figure out what kind of servant he was looking at, but as his mind crossed to servants again, he looked to his own, and noted that in all this time, she hadn't addressed him directly.

"One second..."

Walking up to her, he waved.

"Hello? Um, hiya! Totally not dead, see? Im not sure what happened, but I guess I was too close to the summoning circle or something! Hehe. My bad. Nice to meet you, though!"

HTCOR HTCOR
Girouette Girouette

Saber
The culmination of magical energies swirling around and Jeremy's efforts would bear fruit almost immediately. The ground began to shake violently. clouds gathered overhead, lightning would begin to crack throughout the night sky. As the sword placed in the summoning circle vibrated more and more steadily, eventually it began to rise in to the air. The magical energies began to swirl like a storm, physically effecting the area and blowing away anything not heavy enough to withstand the force. All at once a bolt of lightning shot down form the sky and made contact with the blade in a blinding light. Sparks flashed and the blade disappeared.

Nothing else seemed to happen for several minutes. The energies swirling about abated, the lightning ceased to clash, even the clouds dissipated. Had he failed in his summoning? Just as concerns about such things were no doubt about to set in, an anguished yell sounded throughout the night and a presence was forcibly brought in to this world. The ground cracked and splintered, beginning where the summoning circle had been drawn, suddenly like it was along a fault line. All at once there was another bright flash and an armored figure was before Jeremy while another burst of magical force forced away anything that was too close to the figure. The two park benches were blown away immediately and Jeremy would notice the massive strain on his mana right away. A sign of the link between master and servant.

"GROOOOOAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH"

The servant let out a pained cry, as a sword materialized in its hand. This blade was wreathed in black and navy flame and the servant swung it immediately, seemingly cleaving through the very fabric of the gathered magical energy. Another swing took apart the very stone that had been underneath the blade. After a few more labored breaths beneath its helmet, the servant finally seemed to calm down somewhat and slowly turned towards Jeremy. With slow, deliberate steps, it walked up to him with blade still in hand.

"Where is the enemy? I will exterminate them all immediately."

He had summoned the strongest of the servant classes, Saber.

cojemo cojemo

LANCER

Two things suddenly struck lancers (Admittedly limited in capacity) mind.

One, was that this man wasn't
addressing her in his speech, which she found a bit rude, but was excusable when she realized the second thing.

Which was that her master was alive.
It did take her a moment to realize that he had been talking, though it seemed that the conclusion she reached wasn't that he had never died, but rather that he had been brought back to life.

"
By miracle...I suppose my sheer knightliness has brought my master back to life! A! Such a miracle to happen on this day...A mark towards my power as a hero in this "War!"

She actually spoke this rather quietly, as perhaps something about the man dawned on her, his suspicious presence, perhaps? His attire? The clashing with the knowledge of the grail war she possessed from the throne?...

"A! My young knight in arms, this man has brought himself into our castle, and yet we have greeted him in such a terrible way, requiring his introduction before out courtesy! Haha....How terrible for a knight to greet a guest like this...I must make amends immedealty, Stranger that hails knowledge and seems pleasant enough! I am the great knight D-"

It seems that even Lancer, in her extreme single-mindedness and clouded mind, could fall aware of the potent magical energy being sent out by the summoning of the strongest knight class, whether or not they were aware of it being the summoning that caused the magical disruption all nearby servants would be attuned to would be another matter entirely, but it was seemingly enough to make her pause.

"Could that be...Ah. It seems there is no time for pleasantries, as evil lurks beyond every crevice and down moment, disallowing us relief from it's call! My master, we must hurry forth and being our journey in the vanquishing of all that is not good!"

It would be hard to tell if her sudden change of mind was truly an accurate response, or just an obscene change from a slight sensation of action.

Either way, she began barreling towards the door, armor and all, despite the man sat in front of it...It seems he hoped he'd have the common decency to move.

Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet
HTCOR HTCOR

Christina Kimmich
Christina's workshop.

Christina covered her eyes as the entire circle now brightly lit up the room she was it. It was a bright red due to the circle using blood as its catalyst and it gave off somewhat of an eerie feeling. As the ritual continued Christina couldn't help but have a bad feeling, maybe it was the strong gust of wind that made the room a total mess, probably not though. She knew she did something she probably shouldn't have, or at the very least something she didn't want to do.

Christina took her hand away from her eyes and looked at the armor clad figure that stood in the middle of the summoning circle. It took her eyes a few seconds to somewhat adjust to the now darkened room. She couldn't make out what kind of armor he wore but it was old, medieval and heavy. He was rather intimidating causing a chill to run down Christina's spine. At the very least he hadn't charged her and tried to kill her which was good.

With every step the knight took, regret welled within the girl tenfold causing her to pinch the bridge of her nose. She was seriously regretting whatever she did, but she wasn't entirely sure what she caused or how she summoned the knight. Once the knight was face to face with her he kneeled down and offered an... Odd greeting. Christina weirdly enough felt embarrassed as the person was prostrating themself for their master. His voice was masculine and he looked like a male now that he was so close to Christina.

With flushed cheeks she waved her hands around, "Ah, please raise your head-" She cut herself off before scowling at herself, "Did you just say Saber...? Ahhhh, shit. Don't tell me I inadvertently fucked myself over..." Her voice was low and cold, and she was no longer embarrassed but rather angry at herself. She briskly walked over to one of the bookshelves that was in the workshop and pulled a book from it. Christina hastily flipped through the pages of the book before throwing it to the ground. Christina had accidentally joined the Holy Grail War, and thus meant that she would most likely either die or have to kill to survive. Rubbing her temples she turned back to Saber and gave him a piercing gaze, and said with a harsh tone, "I am Christina. I suppose I am your master..."

Xel Xel

(Mobile post so not that good)

Last edited:
Jeremy 'Angelus' Holden

As the air around him got heavier as his violent summoning started to take effect, Jeremy stared straight ahead with a huge smirk on his face, laughing to himself. The power he felt around him was unlike anything he'd ever felt. This was exactly what he'd planned for. It's what he deserved, and it was about damn time he was given something worthy of his future. His jacket blowing in the powerful winds, his hood fell back off of his head. Red eyes glowed in the darkness as he shouted into the air for the heavens themselves to hear. "You see this!?!? No third rate magus could call upon this kind of power! I told you all it's my destiny!"

Once the roar reverberated throughout the surrounding area he couldn't help but let his smile grow wider. The ground cracked, and kneeling down and digging his claw into the ground below Jeremy shielded his eyes as a bright flash of light emanated from the summoning circle. A few seconds later he felt the air calm, and a strong presence linked to himself that he guessed would drain any magus that wasn't himself. Slowly Jeremy stood up and looked towards his Servant, and what he saw couldn't make him any happier. Before him stood a beast of a knight, wielding a sword with the lives of hundreds stained forever on it. The half demon could feel the strength of every swing from where he stood. Admittedly he'd expected something slightly different when he obtained the catalyst he did, but to say he was disappointed would be a flat out lie.

"No need to rush things, my new soldier! We've got all the time in the world to clear our path!" Arms wide at his sides, Jeremy grinned. The summoning itself was sure to have caused a commotion, and considering how Saber appeared he was sure they would keep drawing more attention to themselves. This would normally be a problem since he was more used to being stealthy, but Jeremy wasn't stupid. He could use a big brute like this, easily.

Taking a few more steps forwards, he looked up at the towering knight. "You are under my command as of this moment. You can call me Angelus, and something tells me that as long as you stick with me you'll have no problem doing all the exterminating you could ever hope for." Jeremy smirked, then turned his back to Saber and started pacing back and forth as he recited the spiel he'd went over in his head many times. "The two of us are practically an unstoppable team. Your power combined with mine...I don't see anyone stopping us. All you need to do is follow my orders, and the Holy Grail will be ours. You are my shield and sword. With me wielding a weapon as powerful as you..." He turned and glanced at Saber. " All you need to do is protect me no matter what. I'm sure that's a task a hero such as yourself can handle, right?"

Godhowsae Godhowsae

Saber

fh_heroes-knights-warden_ncsa.png

The Knight held his position, only raising his head once his Master had given him the right. Were it not for the helmet that adorned his head she might have been able to see the confusion on his face. Her words and actions were not typical of a Magus, not typical of one seeking the grail. It became obvious to the Knight that his summoning was not intentional. It would seem he had a Master with no real desire to partake in this war. An unseen smile crept along his lips as he got to his feet. The Knight looked down on the woman before him, standing several inches taller than his Master. The tone of her voice and the look in her eyes were things he was all too familiar with. He could not fault her for being upset at her inclusion in this death battle. "Worry not, my Master. Intentional or otherwise I shall see you to victory in this conflict and obtain the Grail no matter what challenge lies before us. For you see I am.."

The knight's words were cut off as he turned his focus towards the wall behind him. The powerful spike of magic that washed across the city was a tell-tale sign. Either an improper summon or a servant flaunting their power. Either way it was a beacon that others would likely be drawn to. Turning back to face his Master his entire demeanor took on a more rigid stance. "A powerful servant has given away their location. Likely an invitation. If you wish I can go forth and engage this foe. Or, should you prefer it I can arrange for discreet scouting to take place." He knew full well his Master hadn't a clue what he was capable of, so as rude as it might be to suggest his Lord's course of action this was one instance where it could be permissible. There was much his Master still needed to know, but such things could wait for another time. For now he sought to act on this invitation before it was too late.

Iskandar Iskandar

Assassin
In this damn basement - > Outside - > Perched upon a building at the Edge of the Park
As soon as the magical energy in the very air began to drain away, Assassin's head snapped up. His motions were hurried, and completely a blur to anyone as he ripped his lawn-chair off the ground, both him and the chair fading away into a spectral format. It wasn't long before Assassin flowed through the house like water, and burst out into the streets. He may be in spectral form currently, but that was only to not alert people to the speeding bullet that was moving across the streets.

There was a brief flicker of panic to his master, as whatever this is might be rather tough. But other than that, he was merely speeding along the streets to chase whatever target this was, and he was only so close. It didn't help that he had more than a few minutes to chase this source of energy, as his preferred rifle formed within his hands, ready to fire off a singular shot towards the person. Cradling it within his hands, he felt his mana flow through it, allowing it to formulate a proper response- the bullets it fired wouldn't merely punch a hole through something, they'd most likely blow it away.

It took only a few moments for him to get to the top of the building, as he prepped his attack. A swift scan with the thermal sensor caught the magus- and then he checked his scope to find the towering Servant.

His intent lightly coming out of him, yet most of it was concealed. Damn his Presence Concealment being lowered by this.

It was barely much longer before a shot echoed out- a bullet flying as a blur across the treetops towards Saber. And it appeared to be more of a streak of energy, as it came closer and closer to the servant of the sword.

Presence Concealment Active - Rank D Active.
Attack Rank: B+

Godhowsae Godhowsae
cojemo cojemo
Girouette Girouette Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

Saber
Saber stood by passively while Jeremy gave his speech. He referred to the servant as 'soldier' and as his 'sword and shield.' If Saber had any objections to what the man was saying, he didn't give any indication of it at the time. While his master was going on about how grand they would be together, the servant of the sword took a look around at the surroundings to ascertain exactly where he had been summoned. They seemed to be within some sort of park. The country, Saber was already knowledgeable of.

"All that matters is there is an enemy to defeat in front of me. Nothing else matte-"

Saber stopped and turned. The servant became immediately aware of something just as a streak of energy flew towards them. Saber only had a moment to register the existence of the attack, let alone defend against it, but Saber's sword suddenly flashed at supernatural speeds and intercepted the incoming attack. The two powers clashed in explosive brilliance. The black and navy flames wreathing the sword mixed with the brilliance of the beam. The blade creaked against the oncoming power, but it never bent. The clash ended with a resulting explosion of power. Smoke went up all around the servant, but moments later it cleared to show the servant standing with blade still in hand. It turned its armored gaze towards the origin of the shot, seemingly unfazed.

"I have found my enemy. I will now destroy them."

After that, the servant blasted off with amazing speed, zeroing in on the target. With its speed, it wouldn't take long to reach the building. Instead of leaping up to where the servant might be, the flames around Saber's sword intensified and they swung it with ferocious strength, intending to take the building itself out.

cojemo cojemo
HTCOR HTCOR

Last edited:
Berserker
Still in the same place as before

At first, he seemed to be having a bit of trouble deciphering the specifics behind what his master was talking about, but eventually he managed to simplify it to the point that it made sense to him. She seemed to think that his noble phantasm was the cause of the mana drain. He merely shook his head at the proposition, as he held his arm out to his side. His primary weapon materialized in his hand, standing just as tall as he was. Hopefully this would get the point across that his noble phantasms weren't the cause of the "issue". With that established, the distinctive weapon disappeared once more, having put no real additional strain on his master while it was active.

Something seemed to catch his attention, however. Off in the distance, he could hear the sound of lightning striking multiple times at once. He wasn't certain if his master could hear it, but he didn't care. In his enforced madness, he came to the conclusion that this had to be the gods bringing their wrath down upon the earth. This wouldn't stand. He'd bring his justice to the arrogance of the gods. He'd show them that he was stronger than them. Without warning, he let out a loud, mighty, beastly roar, and sprang up the hole he fell through. Landing himself on the roof, he began leaping into town, from rooftop to rooftop, his goal being to make it to the spot that the lightning struck.

Terrence DiAnimo

This was bad. Words couldn't describe how incredibly bad things had gotten in so short a time. He was facing down an enemy Servant without one of his own, before the war had even started... Except she wasn't an enemy yet. She'd been summoned by an enemy, but that didn't mean the contract was affirmed. There was still a chance.

Terrence straightened, composing himself. He held up his arm, showing the command seal that adorned his left hand. "As you can see, I'm a Master. And even though I didn't summon you, it was I who prepared the circle and the catalyst." He paused, glancing down at the subject, who was looking extremely surprised. "And I'm afraid she would make for a very poor partner. She knows nothing about the holy grail war, and would be a liability in combat." He glanced down at the experiment, annoyed at her presence. "I had planned to alter the ritual to use her as a mana source while I retained the command seals - something a previous combatant tried, that I believe I could have replicated - but it appears she was selected as a Master herself by the grail."

He was about to continue his lecture, when the subject interrupted him, addressing the Servant. "What the hell is he talking about? I- Please, just get me out of here!"

Mion Mion

Bhaxter Brooks
Brooks Basement
"H-hey! What are you talking about? What's going on? Where are you going?" Bhaxter exclaimed as the two servants suddenly sprung into action, the intruder disappearing altogether, and his own servant sprinting for the door.

The questions piled up one after another as Bhaxter grasped his servant's shoulder plate. Tugging roughly in an attempt to stop his servant from running out on him, the young mage was suddenly taught the true difference between a heroic spirit and a mortal man. Despite his servant being shorter than him, she was moving with the general speed of an individual who may as well be naked while covered in a massive suit of armor, and dragging Bhaxter along with her, as he struggled to even maintain his one-handed grip. Thinking quickly, he focused a burst of prana right into his hand, the digits lighting up with energy. Suddenly, Bhaxter's hand gripped tightly to his servant's shoulder as he magnetized the armor he held along with his hand. Whether that was a good idea or not would be proven by just whether or not his arm was still attached by the end of the night. Bhaxter raised his voice a bit as his servant climbed the stairs, trying to catch her attention , if that was at all possible. Excited as he was by the situation itself, Bhaxter had the distinct feeling that his servant wasn't completely there in the head.

"Please, can you tell me what's going on? Why was that other guy talking about a war, huh? OR ANYTHING?! I don't even know what servant you are, or what class, or anything!"

Girouette Girouette

Assassin
Leaping off a rooftop, and beginning to bolt through the streets.
There was many ways to describe Assassin. Upset was one of them. Calm, and rational was another. Saber chasing him wasn't that big of a deal, as he could still fend them off, or generally just attract them to the secondary power source that was currently screaming to the skies, before going silent. He could thankfully sense them, a benefit of one of his talents, but it would be tough to actually keep a distinct eye upon them, and generally keep his head upon his shoulders if he had to deal with this menacing monster that was almost certainly Saber- a sword Noble Phantasm was obvious.

It was merely a moment more before he bolted to the forest, his presence concealment barely active- he had a tough time keeping it alive whenever he was on the move, but he was certainly still hidden to most senses...even if his rifle was slung around his back. There was a brief flicker of his Noble Phantasm activating- but it was most likely enough for Saber to identify the usage. It was a particularly costless Noble Phantasm, thankfully. But as the flicker of his Phantasm ended, there was a pistol in his hand, with a magazine on top. It was a FNP90, although Saber had no way of knowing- except maybe his brief senses might note it as possessing some form of 'oompf' behind it. In his spare hand formed a magazine, which he snapped onto the gun with relative ease. It had a strange marking to it, as he kept on sprinting along at his maximal speed- which, surprisingly, was just enough to tip the scales in his favor when it came to escape.

His footwork was good for now, as he kept up the pace- intending to give him a deterrent if he decided to chase him, in the form of a black orb he held in his hand, It was uncertain what it was, as it didn't hum with power - yet.

Godhowsae Godhowsae

Berserker
Still in the same place as before

At first, he seemed to be having a bit of trouble deciphering the specifics behind what his master was talking about, but eventually he managed to simplify it to the point that it made sense to him. She seemed to think that his noble phantasm was the cause of the mana drain. He merely shook his head at the proposition, as he held his arm out to his side. His primary weapon materialized in his hand, standing just as tall as he was. Hopefully this would get the point across that his noble phantasms weren't the cause of the "issue". With that established, the distinctive weapon disappeared once more, having put no real additional strain on his master while it was active.

Something seemed to catch his attention, however. Off in the distance, he could hear the sound of lightning striking multiple times at once. He wasn't certain if his master could hear it, but he didn't care. In his enforced madness, he came to the conclusion that this had to be the gods bringing their wrath down upon the earth. This wouldn't stand. He'd bring his justice to the arrogance of the gods. He'd show them that he was stronger than them. Without warning, he let out a loud, mighty, beastly roar, and sprang up the hole he fell through. Landing himself on the roof, he began leaping into town, from rooftop to rooftop, his goal being to make it to the spot that the lightning struck.

Godhowsae Godhowsae HTCOR HTCOR

Well, that was fast! He just kinda, went on his own! Kose would try to attach onto Berserker's arm, and transform into a long flowing cape for him! The living cape would wrap around his armor, trying to hide him from sight, yet also give him breathing room. She calmly said, "I am trying to hide you, so that foes can not guess who you are easy..." She spent a few seconds trying to recompose herself, praying that she wasn't turned to a paste, and asked, "Can you turn into a spirit for this chase? I am afraid that I am not the most confident in my endurance until I can feast upon flesh... Hmm.. is there a way to get these fools to reveal their Master's location to me..."

She began silently plotting, creating hundreds of eyes to blink on the occasion so that she could see.

Christina Kimmich
Christina's Workshop.
Christina merely looked up at the knight that was standing before her. Normally someone would have been intimidated if there was a tall, well armored knight in front of them. Though Christina was not intimidated by the man, she was far too pissed off to be scared of her Servant. He didn't seem like he was going to try anything, and that was good, for Christina. You never know when a servant will go rogue and kill its' master. Truth be told, Christina didn't know a whole lot about the Holy Grail War, besides the basics such as Servants, the Grail itself and Command Seals. Surely by now her's would have manifested somewhere on her body. She looked down at her hands before quickly shooting her head back up to look at the Knight. The Servant's words... Saber's words were somewhat reassuring, and caused Christina to calm down somewhat. A small smile curled on her lips as he told her that she should not worry as he would see her to victory in the War. Granted Christina didn't really have a wish, at least one that she knew of but it was clear her servant did.

"You are...?" Christina furrowed her brow in disappointment as Saber stopped himself from revealing his identity. The female wanted to know what "Heroic Legend" she had the honor of teaming up with. It took Christina a few seconds to notice what Saber did, and a grimace appeared on her face as she looked over at the wall that Saber was also looking at. Once he looked back down at her and spoke once more, Christina could tell that his demeanor was much more stiff and serious, "Ah... Hmm... Uhh" Christina muttered before bringing a hand up to her chin. She slowly scratched it before looking around the room. It was erratic and fast, her eyes and head darting around the room before she slowly looked back at Saber. It was almost like as she looked around she was piecing together some sort of plan.

"We will have you Scout... I feel unprepared for the War and would prefer you not to engage in any battle before I can complete my preparations. If you are figured out, retreat and make your way back here. Use back alley's and... Oh never mind... I doubt that part would really work with Servants." Christina quickly explained to Saber before adding, "Just try to lose anyone if you are followed and don't get hurt... I hate losing." She offered him a warm smile before putting her hand out, offering for it to be shaked, "A Pleasure to meet you, Saber."

Xel Xel

SaberChristina's Workshop
fh_heroes-knights-warden_ncsa.png

Even though his summoning seemed to be by mistake he was relieved to see that his Master took it in stride. The fact that she seemed to have a grasp on the situation further helped him be at ease. While he had no qualm about serving an ignorant Master it was certainly much easier to have a knowledgeable one. He stood silently as the woman gave out her instructions. Fighting or scouting, either was an acceptable course of action. However she was obviously mistaken on one fact, not that he could blame her. "Understood." Was all he said as he turned and began walking towards the wall. After only a couple steps he stopped, looking over his shoulder at the woman. "I will see that it is done, however I will not be the one scouting. There are others far more suited to the task than I." And with that cryptic message he resumed his stride, his form disappearing from the feet up until Christina was left alone in the room.​

ArcherRooftop Near Park

latest

Among the many rooftops that littered the city was a young man. Perched on the edge of the building his form materialized from nothingness as he looked down at the park below. Clad in simple leather armor and medieval European looking garb the man was obviously not just an ordinary citizen. Archer was careful not to stray too close to the battlefield. He had received instructions to simply observe and gather information, not to actually engage. It would seem that other servant's were given no such instructions as he watched a streak of light pierce through the sky to collide directly with the servant in the park. Archer let out a low whistle at the impressive display. He hadn't even detected the second servant until the attack, most likely Assassin with that being the case. But even so, for Saber to defend so readily against the surprise attack. Both of his opponents displayed impressive feats just in the opening salvo.

A grin tugged at his lips as his eyes tracked the incredible movements of Saber. "This'll be fun." With the action on the move he rose from his crouched stance and deftly jumped from one rooftop to another, keeping pace while never daring to stray too near. In the odd chance that he failed to keep out of things a simple Eurasian composite bow materialized within his grasp. Better to be safe than sorry. Still, his brief stint of scouting had already yielded some useful information so if need be he was ready to pull back at a moment's notice.

Iskandar Iskandar Godhowsae Godhowsae cojemo cojemo HTCOR HTCOR

Last edited:
Clovis Savatier
Gliding Through the Streets Towards the Park

The hardned disk of air beneath his feet easily carried Clovis towards the park, a deep frown set across his face as he would re-examine the information Assassin had obtained.

The boy and Lancer were clearly no threat, especially when considering Saber.

Clovis was mad at himself about that. He had allowed Assassin to take the shot, having assumed, quite incorrectly, that Saber would not be able to notice it. Now Assassin was being chased by their most powerful competitor.

But Clovis had a plan.

Admittedly, it was rather idiotic.

But it was the best he had, given the circumstances.

Above him, Clovis noticed an incredibly large cloaked form noisily leaping from building to building, which seemed to be heading towards the park as well. Clearly, the mana surge from Saber's summoning was drawing in the full rogues gallery of masters and servants, like moths to an open flame.
This wouldn't be pretty.

hudhouse hudhouse Darkholme Darkholme HTCOR HTCOR

Archer
Gale's Car

"Both traditional and modern weapons come with their set of ups and downs." Archer replied. "For example, some firearms seem to have a problem with overheating- I could only imagine what would happen if I were to use something such as a machine gun. A gun can get jammed on occasions as well. Though a bow or crossbow would be less efficient at killing things, it won't have the same overheating problem with firearms. Because a bow overheating or getting jammed with some metal shell is just plain stupid." As Archer explained this, she also found the time to fiddle around with the buttons and other little doohickeys in the car, and had figured out how to lower the back of the seat- she pulled the seat all the way back, and found that position much more comfortable than sitting upright. "Anyhow, I do not mind a bow. However, if you could afford it, I can't say I do not want to give a gun a try. Shooting a gun does sound like alot of fun."
Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Gale Boreas
He nodded at her request, "Very well. How strong are you?" He asked, parking the car into its spot as two robotic arms opened the doors, letting Gale and Archer out. He got out of the car and waited for Archer to come out. "If the answer is "very strong" then I'd suggest using a miniaturized M134 Vulcan Minigun. My version shoots 4000 rounds per minute while the version attached to helicopters shoots twice as fast." He responded, taking a small 9mm handgun that was in his concealed holster under his arm. He tossed it at Archer, "Try it." He said taking a few steps back. He pressed a small button and a firing range appeared after a wall disappeared into the floor. He took cover behind a bulletproof glass and observed Archer's shooting.

LostHaven LostHaven

Rider

Rider was quiet as she listened to the man, simply showing that she now understood the situation with a nod, the irritation however still lingered. "This is rather unfortunate then. This woman has summoned me and so I will carry out her will." Rider picked up the woman and placed her in a fireman's carry position before making her way towards the exit of the basement.

Before leaving Rider briefly turned to face Terrence once more "If there is anywhere safe you can go I advise you do so. The Holy Grail war appears to have already started. This city is far too dangerous for a magus like yourself to be around without a servant." After that Rider made her exit out into the streets.

"Do you have anywhere we can go... Master?." Rider spoke to the woman who she was carrying.

SomeStupidWords SomeStupidWords

(Managed to quickly right up this post with the limited amount of WiFi I have right now.)

LANCER
Location: Finally dashing out of the basement, through a house she really should have taken more care getting through, and into the night...To be a knight!
Lancer didn't seem to notice her master had magnetized himself to her armor until she was bursting out the front door of the residence she had been underneath.

She also didn't seem to notice the mess she of a house she was leaving behind, and it was obvious she wasn't aware of this "Spiritual form" servants were able to take. If she did, there probably wouldn't be a massive hole in her masters front door and a couple broken chairs.

Once she DID Burst out into the night from the residence, she finally noticed her master had stuck himself upon her and had said something.

"A! Master! What a wonderful idea, by attaching yourself to me, we can move swiftly through the knight and vanquish whatever evil has been unleashed! All questions cab be saved for later, but for your question of my class, may this serve as my exclamation!"

It was at this point that lancer revealed what could only be called, not just compared to her somewhat small stature, an extremely enormous jousting lance.

From head to the end of the handle, it was perhaps Ten or Eleven feet, and from side to side cylindrical it was at least 3.

The thing was honestly ridiculous to look at, and even more so how it was painted.

The delicate curves of the spiraled metal, the bronze and gold wrapping and coiled to look like rope, the shining point that looked as if an oxen would split in half on contact...

Was all painted a particularly off-putting Red and yellow, in stripes and lightning bolts going with the bends of the metal plates making up it's body.

It looked like it had been painted to look like a child toy, to put it simply.

"Behold, my weapon of knightly justice! It shall shine bright as the sky when it pierces evil in the name of honor!"

"Oh. And hold on, My comrade in chivalry, I have an idea that will let us peruse these streets for evil to vanquish!"

Her master was, of course, already magnetized, and it didn't seem to occur to her to particularly check the well being of her master, though regardless he would find himself unable to let go even should his magic stop, for her armor seemed to be latching him itself.

Without any further explanation, she lifted the spear as easily as if it was a pool toy...
And Plunged it into the ground, to a viewer with particular insight, this may seem as if she was intending on using it as a pole vault...

Until she dragged it out of the ground, pointed it at the sky, and propelled forward at incredible speeds, as if her lance was a rocket-propelled missile she was holding onto.
Whether or not the end of the lance had truly turned into some manner of rocket propulsion was something that would have to be looked in detail later, considering it was currently expelling quite a bit of heat and light...Which hopefully didn't make her master too uncomfortable.

Location: Flying through the sky with a rocket-propelled jousting lance.

Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

???
Bar > Rooftop

The bar was fairly empty. At this hour, most of the customers were already gone. They drank one too many and decided it was enough, or simply fell asleep. There were two, maybe three awake people in the bar, excluding the barman. But at the counter sat only one gentleman, drinking bubbly beer from a mug.

"Do you like it?" the barman, cleaning a glass with a blue cloth asked.

The man drinking from the mug looked up. He had dark brown eyes, ones that were particularly cold and unloving. His hair was long, reaching well below his shoulders. His facial features were bleak and glazed -- he was simply expressionless, however, upon further examination, he was also unhappy. He was sullen, not wanting to talk. His cheeks were slim. The man was 190 centimeters tall, quite a bit indeed, almost towering over the barman even as he sat down. Despite that, his silhouette was slim and his body slender. He wore a simple, elegant business suit of navy blue color, with an opulent, red tie.

He looked up, not particularly pleased. "Yes," he replied, making it clear that the displeasure came from the barman rather than the drink. His voice was ghastly and dull. His tone was as grim as his face. "It's good, I like it," the man gave a further description of his thoughts on the beer, but the gloomy expression on his face remained as it was. It was hard to make out whether his opinion was a lie, or he was just a joyless man. "Any particular reason you asked that question?"

The barman replied almost instantly, but there was a small hint of apprehension in his voice. "Well, I mean... you looked rather unhappy. I was just, you know..."

"Wondering--" The barman was interrupted by the man. "No. The beer isn't what caused my sorrow. You can stop producing assumptions. Maybe that kind of mindset works for you, but I don't subscribe to it." The man brought the mug close to his lips and leaned his head back, taking a deep sip of the beer. The barman just watched, somewhat... ashamed that a situation like this occured. Especially when he was talking to a customer.

"Well, I'll be going now." The man stood up from the counter, the mug now empty. He left a single coin on the counter as a tip before heading out. He left through the door. The bell rang once before it closed.

~

The same man, now standing on a rooftop, was dressed in different clothes. He wore ornate robes of black color, with the unusual gold decoration and flair on them. His hair was neatly gathered into two pieces of gold jewelry, with what looked like two sapphires at the end of them. Around his neck was a similar medallion with a blue gem in the middle. On his back were long robes that reached almost to his feet, marked with runes of precious metal and other, scant jewels all around his body.

1480414982402.jpg

(Note: it is very important you listen to the piece below whilst reading.)

He was watching the fight between the Servants from a safe distance.

Magical energies washed over him, although they were invisible. He was still far away, hopefully far away enough for none of the Servants to sense his presence. Beast smirked as he watched the Masters and Servants flock to the area of the park, standing on one of the tallest buildings in the suburbs.

The ominous figure, drenched in shadow thus watched the combat for several seconds...

Then, he was gone. No longer there. He simply marked his presence and acknowledged the event, then ran off not wanting to be detected.

Menacing.
191.gif

(Spooooopy~!)
Xel Xel HTCOR HTCOR Godhowsae Godhowsae Darkholme Darkholme hudhouse hudhouse Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom cojemo cojemo Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet Girouette Girouette

Saber
Saber brought down the building in one strike, but Assassin was no longer there. Another wild swung took down the next one, but the servant had lost track of its prey visually. The flicker of a Noble Phantasm activation was enough to get the sword wielding servant moving, Saber burst through the collapsing building, sword in hand and began to give chase to the servant. It quickly became clear that Saber wasn't going to win in pure speed though and they suddenly stopped and raised the blade which had black and navy flames licking it.

"All I see around me is death....."

Saber's blade came completely awash with the navy and black flames, raging wildly in an effort to escape. The servant held the pose, but made no move. Eventually, the flames died down and Saber turned around to return to their master. There were two thoughts that went in to this, but the biggest one was the fact the servant could sense the presence of multiple others in the vicinity. It would be unwise to abandon their master at this point. Heading back to the summoning area, Saber stood out in front of the master and made a challenging yell.

"How long will you cowards watch? Step forward and test your mettle against the first among knights."

cojemo cojemo Xel Xel HTCOR HTCOR

Users who are viewing this thread

Back