• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Over Zero

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind
~Navigation~
IC

OOC
CS

~Fate/Over Zero~

1447828814-4fed2e82708eb3c8a18e705b65aee0f1.jpeg

............................Premise:
For centuries the Holy Grail War has ravaged the city of Fuyuki, and after the disastrous results of the previous two, a sixth conflict draws near.

After the Fifth Holy Grail War, the Einzberns collected the Grail and dismantled it due to the corruption it sustained. After ten years of collecting mana and reconstructing the Grail, the Sixth Holy Grail War was ready to begin, and with it a new era of conflicts between magi. In 2015, the Einzberns relocated the Grail to Marbenca, Spain. The city's strong leyline layout and mystical properties allow it to act as a ground equal if not better to that of Fuyuki. In late 2015, they turned the Grail on and it began selecting Masters for a Holy Grail War. By the March of 2018, the Masters have been selected alongside with a Church Supervisor. The Holy Grail War is to commence on the night of March 1st.

This time, in order to more effectively prevent accidents that could corrupt the Holy Grail, the Einzberns have also procured a Ruler-class Servant to help the Church Supervisor in handling this Holy Grail War and upholding the rules.

~ Location ~
The city of Marbenca has the total population of 40 thousand people with the total area of 14km2 (or 8mi2) but only 5km2 (or 3mi2,) of total urban area giving it the population density of 5600 people per kilometer average. It lies to the northeast of Barcelona (Don't actually go looking for it, it's fictional. I made it up,) and is adjacent to the sea, with a small river called "Efraim" running through it and going into the Balearic sea. It's a simple, small, nice town with a lot of space and quite a bit of people that manages to be just perfectly desolate at night.

The city is the location of the crossing between several leylines with the biggest node finding its place underneath the local church and several other, minor nodes scattered in the area. The mystical aura of the enchanting city can be felt quickly after entering. As such, larger quantities of mana fill the area, especially strong and potent at the nodes. The amount of mana in space, as such, is equal, and in some terms even better than Fuyuki's, leading to the Einzberns choosing Marbenca as the new spot for the Holy Grail War.

The outer parts of the city are fairly modern, with several urban and suburban, mostly 3-6 story flats in the city blocks although there are a few factories and other buildings too. To the far north, there is a slightly older town with stone roads that used to be a separate village during the medieval but eventually merged and was re-organized eventually into a shopping district. To the southwest, somewhat beyond the river, at the outskirts of the city is the church where Masters are to admit themselves for protection should they lose their Servants in combat.

The heart of the city, on another hand, still bears the architecture of the Renaissance and has chiefly shops, restaurants, and other similar structures with several, larger houses scarcely placed in several places. Due to the height of the buildings that usually ranges from 2 to 3 stories and the extremely narrow streets that just barely manage to fit in cars, the heart of the city is an urban labyrinth of doom. This maze is further made dangerous by the back-alleys in which not even vehicles can fit. It is perfect for an ambush attack by an Assassin-class Servant of sufficient skill.

Rules:
  1. I am always right.
  2. When I am wrong, refer to the rule above.
  3. Please, note that 90% of the characters you see in this roleplay are, for all intents and purposes, walking corpses and the vast majority of them will be dead in a few nights. Communicate with me and the players in OOC so we can discuss combat encounters and their outcomes. If two players can't agree on an outcome of combat in either IC or OOC, the GM will solve it with two simple dice rolls; one to indicate who wins an another to see how bad the loser loses.
  4. No god-modding and other such bullshit.
  5. If a person did not post in the two days without letting me know they can't, their character will be killed/repurposed. I will exclude individual members from this rule if they give me a good reason.
  6. Try to post at least once daily. I will exclude individual members from this rule if they give me a good reason.
  7. Try to include at least one paragraph per post.
  8. Do your best to engage in combat. I don't ask all of you to kill each other off on Night 0, but action really helps the roleplay stay alive. As the GM, when I see things slow down, I will automatically start the next Day/Night to return the thing to its optimum course. Constantly think about what your character would do at that time. Only a worthy team of Master and Servant can obtain the Grail. I know some Masters and some Servants would try to avoid conflict, but hot damn, you can't have a Holy Grail War without interaction.
  9. LostHaven LostHaven is forbidden from complaining about the two first rules.
Roles:

maxresdefault.jpg

Overseer: Birdsie Birdsie

(Note: I'll give you extra points for following the lore if any of the Masters belong to one of the three founding families.)
Master of Saber: cojemo cojemo
Master of Archer: Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel
Master of Lancer: Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet
Master of Rider: @FallingChaos
Master of Caster: Iskandar Iskandar
Master of Assassin: Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom
Master of Berserker: hudhouse hudhouse

(Note: I will (up to my judgment) give bonuses to all Heroic Spirits that originate in Spain and surrounding countries/areas as per the rule that Servants are stronger in their places of origin. Go figure.)
Saber: Godhowsae Godhowsae
Archer: LostHaven LostHaven
Lancer: Girouette Girouette
Rider: Mion Mion
Caster: Xel Xel
Assassin: HTCOR HTCOR
Berserker: Darkholme Darkholme

Last edited:
cojemo cojemo Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel SomeStupidWords SomeStupidWords Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Ian Temero Ian Temero Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet Godhowsae Godhowsae LostHaven LostHaven Hanarei Hanarei Mion Mion Xel Xel HTCOR HTCOR Darkholme Darkholme
[One more Master needed. While we look for him, I'll begin with Day 0.]

Day 0
Weather: The sun is scolding and unforgiving, very little clouds in the sky. There is some wind, but the atmosphere is arid and it is generally difficult to breathe for anyone who isn't used to this climate.
Time: 15:00
Damage: 0$, 0 people. (caused by the Holy Grail War. I might stop counting this at some point because it might be too hard to track.)

"Kotomine. Is that wise?"

An elderly priest was speaking to another, slightly younger priest, possibly in his late 40's. The younger priest, Kotomine, chuckled at the question. The two of them were walking through a stone-clad corridor with pillars to the left showing a courtyard full of greenery in between them. "It's not whether it's wise or not. Faith is all that matters," Ninsei replied. "The Church was a third party in the Holy Grail War for too long to simply break the tradition. Besides, this will be a nice break from my standard duties."

The older priest nodded. Kotomine gave him a warming smile as they departed. Ninsei left through a wooden door and into his cab to the airport.

~

On the way there, Ninsei picked up a pamphlet about Marbenca, the goal of his flight. The new series of Holy Grail Wars would take place here. The Einzberns were apparently getting desperate. The last five failed terribly, so now they've directed some mana into the summoning of an eighth Servant; the Ruler. What a pain. 'I can take care of the War by myself, thank you very much, but, then again...' a memory flashed between his eyes. Red crimson fields of cursed liquid, with charred earth and burning skies. He shook his head, not liking where his thoughts took him.

Ninsei sat down next to a nice, young lady. He read the pamphlet about Marbenca. The city had quite the history, but what about the landmarks? The beach looked like a neat place to relax...

No! Focus, Ninsei. This isn't a vacation. It's a responsibility. A burden on your shoulders. He put the pamphlet into his bag and looked through the window...

~

Finally, they landed. Ninsei took a cab and arrived in a small, Gothic-style church at the side of the city. From it, one could mostly see scarce roads, the sea, the river in the distance with several bridges, and multiple trees that turned into a forest following the edge of the cliff of the sea. Only a few houses far apart from each other were in the area.

Ninsei walked in. He was the only priest here, exactly as he requested. He made his way to the rectory to drop off his things and go for a walk.

He walked outside to get a good grasp of the layout of the forest and have a smoke.

Assassin
3:09 PM
Considering how the day had gone so far, Assassin would consider it a good venture. From the decent recharge he'd gotten, to the fact that he hadn't needed to go into spectral form for a while, was always a nice thing. He did sleep, as it helped his mind. He'd been here far too long as to not sleep, with his presence almost undetectable as of now. It was interesting, seeing the world as a tourist as of this point. He never quite got the ability to do that in his life before his summoning, as he was always going from war-zone to war-zone. As of now, however, he wore something simple. A white collared shirt, dress slacks, and decent shoes, combined with his hair dyed a jet black, he was almost unrecognizable. His bronze eyes had surprising warmth to them, as he patted his pockets rather quickly- he still had his phone, and his wallet. It was rather odd, to carry such things as a Servant, but they were required for him now, as he worked a small job. It wasn't much, but it helped him pay for what he bought- and he doubted his master would enjoy him pillaging the coffers for such a menial thing.

His eyes drifted along the crowd of people, before he would slide through them, intending to go to one of the safe-houses. His shoes clicked against the road, as he made his way along the paved streets of Marbenca. Assassin's thoughts on the city was that the place was beautiful, with a rustic feel...but as the War approached closer and closer, it made the place rather dangerous to be around, and his feelings became more antsy about the general cause. At least his master was safe, as far as he was aware. but for now, he merely looked about, keeping his senses sharp for any magical energy spewing off a person, as indicative of a master powering their servant. And considering he was the role that threatened most masters, with the set up of his base kept safe, he could be on his own for a bit.

Eyes scanning the crowd, he would make his way along, making sure to be sensitive of any major magical rituals that occurred. Namely for when the last set of servants were summoned, as they would be a major peak of magical energy. Granted, he wasn't the strongest of Servants- not by a long shot- but he still stood a decent chance if he had time to set up. So he would make his way along to a building, shifting into his spectral form.

Leaping into the skies, and making the bounce between buildings was tough. But it wasn't notoriously difficult, as his recent rifle was conjured and pulled into his hands, a heavy set single shot rifle, designed for punching through armor. Heaven forbid he actually need it, as it was a distinct version of overkill. By the point he got to the top of a building, he was on the fourth tallest building in the entire city, with his rifle hanging at his side. His spare hand brought up a set of binoculars, as he began to scan the city proper. It was time for the war to truly begin, wasn't it?

And so he waited, looking out for the fashionably dressed. Mages had that horrid tendency to stick out like a sore thumb, as they always were too prideful to not. From time to time, however, he'd scan the tallest building's rooftop, as to keep a watchful eye upon that infernal zone.

Presence Concealment - B Rank
Active

cojemo cojemo Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel SomeStupidWords SomeStupidWords Dalamus Ulom Dalamus Ulom Iskandar Iskandar Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet Godhowsae Godhowsae LostHaven LostHaven Girouette Girouette Mion Mion Xel Xel HTCOR HTCOR Darkholme Darkholme Jean Otus Jean Otus

Night 0 - Night of Summoning
Weather: Extremely cold, heavy rain outside
Time: 23:40
Damage: 0$, 0 people.

The Overseer...
The Church - 23:42

Ninsei was in his room, with the phone next to him. As he told the Masters, he expected to receive a call once the summoning rituals were completed, and with them, the classes of their Servants. There would be a Ruler-class Servant joining the war, or so said the Einzbern homunculi that were living nearby to act as support in cleaning up. Although Ninsei and a few of his Executor friends would be more than enough to clean up, the Einzberns were perfectionists. After the last Heaven's Feel and its failure, they are getting desperate beyond measures to restore their magic.

"Hmph," he puffed. "They are really getting hopeless. Boy, oh, boy... It's almost sad," Ninsei relaxed on his bed, waiting for the calls. Being an Overseer was a huge pain in the ass, but the fights didn't start yet, so there was still strength in Ninsei. He would have to get more active soon.

Gale Boreas

The main hospital of the city was in its busy hour. Doctors were quickly walking past patients and visitors to do various jobs all across the hospital and one person, in particular, stood out of the crowd. The man had blond, reddish hair and a black jacket with a gray shirt underneath. His green eyes were glowing faintly; simply looking into them would cause slight confusion and dizziness in the weak-minded. The figure knocked on a door and then he walked inside. Soon after, a powerful light got out of the small windows of the room and Gale walked out. He had a folder in his left hand and a pen in his right one. The pen was covered in red liquid that looked like blood.

He reached another room and entered, looking at the man on the bed. "Good evening." He said. The man's eyes widened as he tried to use the metal tray as a shield to defend himself from him. "You remember when I hurt you really, really bad?" He said as the glow in his eyes got stronger. The man's jaw dropped and his pupils enlarged, while saliva dripped out of his mouth. "That did not happen. You were stupid and you fell over." He responded, "Now get up and follow me." He said, heading to the Hospital's basement. The patient got up and followed the man. As soon as they reached the dark, empty room, the figure waved his hand around five times in a quick slashing motion and the patient's wrists, throat, and ankles tore open. However, blood didn't come out.

Sometime later...

The man checked his wristwatch: midnight. The shift change was beginning and it was time. The blood started pouring out of the cuts on the dead man's body, creating a puddle. He took a medium sized paint brush and dipped it into the blood, using it to draw a summoning circle. As the circle was completed, Gale put down the brush and took out an arrow from his leather bag, lighting it on fire with his lighter. He put it in the middle of the ritual circle and started chanting.

"Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Each will be filled with blood five times,
Flesh will be the shell and organs its inner workings,
Bones will serve as supports and blood as the fuel,
I hereby order you, come forward and heed the Grail's call for I request your aid through it,
Whether you seek death or life, I shall be your guide,
Whether you offered death or life, I shall be here to command you,
Respect the Three Marks of Law and you shall be rewarded,
Come to me, Deity of Bows!"

The circle glowed intensely and the light blinded everyone inside the room.

Terrence DiAnimo

There was a slight spring in Terrence's step as he bolted the door of the basement, flipped on the light, and walked down the stairs. It was finally time. He'd delayed summoning a Servant until after securing a reliable mana source, but he had that now. It had been a lengthy process, and more than once he'd worried that the subject wouldn't be ready in time for the war. Well, that wasn't a concern any more.

The summoning circle was already drawn; Terrence was a great believer in preparation. He laid the bundle in his hands, a faded red cloak, into the circle, then reached for the grimoire containing the ritual to summon a Servant.

"H-help-" Came a choking voice from the corner of the room. Terrence blinked, his hand jerking away from the book. The hypnotism shouldn't have worn off yet. He walked over to the experiment, and grabbed her by the chin, forcing her to meet his gaze. He tried to reapply the hypnosis, but blinked in confusion again as the spell failed.

"What..." He muttered, confused, before it clicked. The mana her body was producing was rejecting the mana of the spell. It might be possible to keep her hypnotised, but it was no longer an efficient option. He loosened his grip, and the experiment flinched, curling up against the stone wall of the basement.

Well, it didn't matter. The restraints would be enough, for now at least. He glanced down at the manacle on her wrist, and his eyes widened in horror. Against the soft blue glow of the subject's circuits was the brillaint red of a command seal. Terrence pressed a hand to his head in exasperation. How could it have gone so wrong so fast? A viable experiment, turned worthless by the whims of the grail. Using a potentially rebellious mana source was possible; using a potential enemy master as one was unthinkable.

It irked him, on the eve of the war, and after so much work, to throw it all away, but it was necessary. His mystic code was in his pocket, but a mana expense like that was unjustifiable now. There was a knife, he remembered, on the desk opposite. He turned his back, striding across the room to pick it up.

"Please, someone, help!" came another choked cry. Terrence glanced back in anger - who did she think could possibly hear her? But his anger turned to absolute horror once more as he felt the stirring of mana that could only mean one thing.

As a figure began to materialise in the centre of the circle, Terrence could only wonder how on earth the subject had been able to summon a Servant with only three words.

Mion Mion

Rider
Rider appeared in the middle of the summoning circle with a brilliant flash of light, so bright that the two humans in the room would have been forced to avert their guys or face being disorientated as their sight slowly came back to them. It appeared as if the light had vanished as fast as it came, and the figure that it left behind stood in the middle of the summoning circle with a scowl on her face. Rider could be considered beautiful by many, but on this night she had a fierce look in her eye as she took in the scene before her.

Rider moved for the woman who had summoned her, grinding her teeth on the way. To be summoned in such a troublesome manner was irritating but there was nothing she could do. For now ignoring the man in the room and quickly relieving her of the restraints binding her.

With a sigh Rider turned to face the man who had apparently trapped this woman here, at least that was how it appeared. "Now who could you be?" she inquired.

SomeStupidWords SomeStupidWords

Yi Kose
Old Mansion
------------------------
A lithe woman rested upon a thick, luxury couch in her living room. Hundreds of books adorned the walls, with a T.V. across from the couch. A little stand held a few gaming consoles inside it, next to a cable box. She took a handful of food from a bowl, revealing it to be living worms. She casually consumed the 'treat', just swallowing them whole. Oh it was such a wonder on how she got here, but now the four hundred-year-old woman simply purred with pleasure. She blinked a bit, looking down to the floor to see the summoning circle. Note to self, she thought, remove Cat genes from vocal cords. No one found it hot, no one EVER found it hot except her. maybe that was why she kept a few cats around. No, now that she thought about it. He put her hand down, upon which a cat rapidly danced in. The silver domestic short hair plopped down a nibbled on mouse, which the woman drained the blood of before handing the meat back to the kitten. Nope! That was it!

Her scales rubbed softly on the couch as she stirred with some last minute thoughts. This would be her only way of fixing the world to what it was a long time ago... but she was putting up her life on the line for a chance to win. This would be a gamble... and so she would have to make a winning bet. She hoped she was going to get the gold horse on this one, or however the saying that might not even exist goes! She lifted up her tail to reveal a glowing blue seal. She casually called out her little poem, with a single fossiled hair sitting in the middle of the circle...

"Ancient ones, here my call... Come and join me for this Brawl.
I come to see your land come from the past, and I will make it forever last!
Grant me wings upon which I will fly, Grant me someone who will make our foes cry!
I want a land of endless silver, and no one will see past our quiver!
Lay down the arrow of heaven above, Please come forth and send your dove!
Come forth to hear your Master's call!"

She hoped it would be enough, and out of a little bit of stress, her hair would grab a few more worms for her to munch on. Her servant, whoever it may be, would find her sprawled over the Sofa as a 20.... foot... long.... SNAKE?! Darkholme Darkholme

1c1.jpg

LANCER
Location: Another basement in the suburbs, they're popular summoning sites.

It was a dark and stormy night....No...A long long time ago...
No, It's right now.

To onlookers, the sudden appearance of overly-clad in armor, yet rather short girl, would be a spectacle to behold! If there were onlookers, which the armored girl noticed as she dropped the..."Pose" she was summoned in.

"Where is my crowd? My cheers! A knight like me isn't suited for such a drab summoning! Where even is my knightly comrade, who brought me here!?" Is very likely what the girl exclaimed upon noticing how terribly boring the basement was.

After a few moments of adjusting her stance and assessing the ruin, she marched over to her master, and promptly kicked him in the side...Lightly, of course, yelling at the top of her lungs...Most likely heard by the neighbors and and wandering alleycats.

"AWAKEN, YOU KNAVE, THIS IS NO TIME TO BE NAPPING, AS I, THE GREATEST HEROIC KNIGHT TO HAVE EVER LIVED, HAS BEEN BROUGHT FORTH TO YOU!"

After a few seconds of unresponsiveness, she would drop down on her knees and begin sobbing dramatically. (A feat accompanied by the armors heft hitting the ground hard enough to slightly scratch it.)

"Ah! Ah! My summoner has perished by the sheer magnificence of my honor and strength, I must be such a powerful heroic spirit in this realm, that I was too much for the poor boy! I shall honor his death!"

At this point, should her master wake, it would take a moment for her to notice.

Berserker
In some old mansion

The magic circle didn't need much. A crude circle, a catalyst, one of the seven people chosen by the grail, and a simple incantation. All that was needed was brought forth, as the magic circle became engulfed in light. An overwhelming presence began to fill the room, as the light seemed to reach beyond the ceiling, perhaps even beyond the roof. As the light finally began dissipating, one could easily hear the sound of something being smashed through a building. No, not just a building - this building. Crashing down from the sky through as many floors necessary, before landing right in the middle of the circle. Dust flying everywhere, the figure rose from the one kneed stance it had landed in, revealing it's full form. He stood at an imposing seven feet, and was incredibly well built. Even through the dust, one could easily make out the glow of his eyes, which gave off the appearance of a raging flame within them. As it all settled, one could easily take a look at his more distinguishing features. He seemed to be more beast than man, in both appearance and demeanor. Despite what appears to have been an eventful descent through multiple floors, he appeared completely unharmed, and was staring intently at the snake-like figure that rested before him. His eyes seemed to look straight past her physical being, as though his gaze was piercing straight into her spirit. It seemed that the unusual figure before him was responsible for his presence here, but he had to make sure.

Without warning, his arm shot out, faster than any reasonable human could see, grabbing hold of her arm, and pulling her slightly further off the ground. His grip was intense, perhaps more intense than was necessary. Against someone of weaker constitution, it surely had the potential of breaking an arm. He turned it slowly with his wrist, intending to see the back of her hand. Not seeing the command seals, a look of frustration came over his face. He shook her about for a moment, but then he spotted what he was looking for; the command seals that signified her status as a master, located on her tail of all places. He exhaled sharply, let out a satisfied grunt, and released his
grip, letting her fall back to a more natural position. He nodded in acknowledgement, as though confirming that she was his master. He kept a neutral pose, waiting for her to affirm her portion of the contract.

Assassin
11:57

When Assassin came back into the world, he hadn't known he would be chasing screaming women in the middle of the night. Not when it was so close to new equipment being able to be created. So he would merely dispel the majority of it, everything except for his primary weapons, and a few blue orbs, before making the running leap off the rooftop. It wasn't hard for him to do the landing. His shoes hit the ground with relative ease, as he began to bolt down the streets with familiarity. It wasn't long before he slid to a halt in front of a basic home. His senses reached out, probing for any spellwork in the air, seeing if there was any boundaries he would cross the property line.

It was short work for him- wisdom born from years of experience in breaking down fields much more complex and tough than this, as he spent a solid minute ripping this field apart...and then shifting to his 'Servant Outfit'. It did make him look far more like a Magus, in his opinion, as he tugged on his combat gloves. Considering they possessed a set of gloves that someone thankfully engraved with Ehwaz beforehand. And so he strode right in, phasing through the door for a moment, as to not trigger anyone's awareness...it wouldn't help that he was an Assassin.

His senses felt the other Servant below, so he merely walked around quietly for a few, brief moments, before finding the door to the basement. It was lightly opened, and so begin his way down the stairs. Each click of his shoes, as he made his way along the staircase.

It wasn't more than a moment when Lancer would certainly be aware of a new presence coming down the stairs- she couldn't identify them as a servant, oddly enough, but she could certainly hear them. A light tune was being hummed, carrying through the air. It was a delightful little melody, but it wasn't to the best that one could possibly get. Actually, it was sort of bad. A coin flicked up in the air, spinning windershins until it was caught as the man hit the bottom of the stairs, right at the entrance to the room.

There actually was a sort of charm to the man's face. The man appeared to be Eastern, and possessed spiky hair that was a coal black coloration. He wore an all black assemble, except for a dark gray dress shirt underneath a black vest and tie. Over that, was a very light black coat, as well as dress pants and shoes of dark colors. Eyes of bronze coloration looked over the Lancer, and the fallen Master. An eyebrow lifted up at the scene of this absurdity.

"Evening...I would be Akira Kawa." The words flowed out slowly from him, as he would allow the duo to speak.

Presence Concealment: Rank B - Servant Status Hidden
Bounded Field Torn Down

Berserker
In some old mansion

The magic circle didn't need much. A crude circle, a catalyst, one of the seven people chosen by the grail, and a simple incantation. All that was needed was brought forth, as the magic circle became engulfed in light. An overwhelming presence began to fill the room, as the light seemed to reach beyond the ceiling, perhaps even beyond the roof. As the light finally began dissipating, one could easily hear the sound of something being smashed through a building. No, not just a building - this building. Crashing down from the sky through as many floors necessary, before landing right in the middle of the circle. Dust flying everywhere, the figure rose from the one kneed stance it had landed in, revealing it's full form. He stood at an imposing seven feet, and was incredibly well built. Even through the dust, one could easily make out the glow of his eyes, which gave off the appearance of a raging flame within them. As it all settled, one could easily take a look at his more distinguishing features. He seemed to be more beast than man, in both appearance and demeanor. Despite what appears to have been an eventful descent through multiple floors, he appeared completely unharmed, and was staring intently at the snake-like figure that rested before him. His eyes seemed to look straight past her physical being, as though his gaze was piercing straight into her spirit. It seemed that the unusual figure before him was responsible for his presence here, but he had to make sure.

Without warning, his arm shot out, faster than any reasonable human could see, grabbing hold of her arm, and pulling her slightly further off the ground. His grip was intense, perhaps more intense than was necessary. Against someone of weaker constitution, it surely had the potential of breaking an arm. He turned it slowly with his wrist, intending to see the back of her hand. Not seeing the command seals, a look of frustration came over his face. He shook her about for a moment, but then he spotted what he was looking for; the command seals that signified her status as a master, located on her tail of all places. He exhaled sharply, let out a satisfied grunt, and released his
grip, letting her fall back to a more natural position. He nodded in acknowledgement, as though confirming that she was his master. He kept a neutral pose, waiting for her to affirm her portion of the contract.

Ki Rose
Old Mansion
---

Kose was not expecting this. Not only did her monster arrive, but he had wrecked her god damn house! Well, at least she insurance. She was then plucked like a fish, jerked forward with her tail sparkling with the command seal! She squeaked out in terror for a moment, before he grunted in satisfaction. This savage! He was complete and total danger! She thought for a second... and whispered to herself with a childish glee, "By god I've missed danger...!" She rapidly slid across the floor, circling around the monster. She poked at him gently, prodding his thighs, belly, arms and stroking a hand across his face. She looked deep into his eyes just to make sure he was real. This couldn't be happening... She was chosen! One of the first seven if she read correctly. In sheer, absolute joy, she tried to give the beast a big hug! She said, "Thank you very much for coming! I am so sorry if this isn't uniform, but this is the first time I have done anything like this before~!"

She rapidly recoiled back, coiling her tail under her like a spring. They fused together, and the mass chubbed out her body. She became an eight-foot tall Amazonian woman, with long hair, her hands on her hips, and her knee length hair turned into four tendrils by the end. They slapped gently at the air, and through her balance of material, she only had a slight muffin top. Her left foot shined with her command seal, which looked like Khaos from Greek Myth, a single eye with arms and legs. She clapped her hands together, and said, "So, my name is Ki Rose, and I believe I'm your new master! Glad to make your acquaintance!"

Bhaxter Brooks

11:58
"Huh...wha...Mom? I-I'mmokay..." Bhaxter mumbled to himself as he started to pull himself out of unconsciousness. As he sat up, his hand brushed over the cover of his favorite book. His eyes focused suddenly, and he sat himself straight. Taking a deep breath, Bhaxter collected his thoughts, trying to remember why he found himself sitting on the floor, when the loud, cute, anguished cries of the massively armored woman sitting across from him grabbed his attention.

"Eh?"

Bhaxter cocked his head sideways as he observed the girl, for a few moments finding nothing strange about her presence other than her being there, a cute girl in...full, heavy plate armor. His eyes widened in disbelief as it finally hit him. The book had told him everything he needed, and he'd done the ritual, said the words...and here she was!

"You're a servant! You're a real hero! Like, really real! Oh my gosh, I cant believe this worked!"

Bhaxter stood to his feet and started to dance around the room excitedly, clutching his book close to his chest, before sitting down in front of his servant. "So! Tell me about yourself! Are yo-"

"Evening...I would be Akira Kawa." The words flowed out slowly from him, as he would allow the duo to speak.

Bhaxter looked over to observe the newcomer standing in front of the door to his basement. He stood once again, far less excited than he was a moment ago. He took a step backwards before he'd even realized what he was doing, his natural survival instincts warning him that the person standing across the room was dangerous.

"U-um...I guess you're a servant, too. But I read you can't summon more than one servant so that must mean you're not mine, which means you were sent here from somewhere else...what for, exactly?"

Girouette Girouette
HTCOR HTCOR

LANCER

Lancer was still sobbing at the 'loss' of her master, despite him having been talking for almost a full twenty seconds, when the voice of Assassin met her ears.

She hadn't sensed him, most likely due to his presence concealment, and even if she had, recognizing him as a servant would have been unlikely for reasons not being discussed at presence.

Her first reaction was to jump up from her grieving kneeling position, which was somehow accomplished despite the enormous armor relative to her petite size, and to exclaim.

"Hah! An onlooker has come to to witness the summoning of the most fantastic knight to have ever lived! Are you perhaps a relative of my summoner? I am regrettably in tears over his deceasement at being unable to handle my power...."

It was apparent that her master has not died, since he was talking, and that she was not in tears at all.

It seemed recognizing her master as alive would take more than him...Being alive.

"it is unfortunate that he has met such a fate, I'm sure he was quite honorable...But there is no time for grieving, let not his sacrifice be in vain, I must venture out upon the world and face the evils he was bringing me to face!"

Another apparent fact was that she didn''t move after saying this. It could be said that she was simply thinking of the situation and carefully planning her next move, or perhaps realizing her master was in fact, alive, or even considering the existence of this mystery man with greater care.

In truth, she was wondering how to fit her armor through the doorway.

Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet
HTCOR HTCOR

Berserker
In what's left of this living room

This reaction was not one that he had been used to in his past life. He was expecting cowardice, hostility. Even shock would suffice. He let out a disgusted scoff at the overjoyous reaction of his new master. He wasn't in the correct state of mind to contemplate why she might be enjoying the situation of being manhandled, not did he seem to want to be. All he needed to hear was the verbal confirmation from her - that she was indeed his new master. He seemed to grumble something, in a low, rumbling, almost otherworldly voice.

"Mmmm......"
He seemed to suddenly tighten his focus. The muscles on his neck and head strained themselves, as he finally opened his mouth for the first time. Even though the next words were slow, and mumbled, the sheer volume and bass of it was still enough to slightly shake the air in front of him.

"...as....ter."
Those last two syllables came out with what appeared to be disgust. Disgust at the prospect of having to call someone master, or disgust at the person he had to acknowledge as such? It was difficult to tell, and what came next left little time for his master to contemplate such dilemmas. As the contract was forged between both servant and master, the mana link between them would instantly be noticed. Even his mere manifestation was enough to cause painful surges of mana through his master's circuits, draining almost as much mana as he possibly could just to stay manifest. Having such a link allowed him to materialize the rest of his effects, as well. The crude, yet ornamental armor that covered his body formed out of the mana he now had access to. Ornate golden chainmail was briefly visible on his chest, before that too was covered up with a light, oriental looking breastplate. Flexing his hands slightly, he turned around for a moment, and threw out a straight arm punch, as though he was testing his strength. Even without a proper stance, or any wind up, his straight jab caused a devastating torrent of air pressure, powerful enough to blast through the wall of the room they were in. With a grunt of satisfaction, he once more turned to face the woman who had summoned him. He didn't seem to be taken aback by her shapeshifting ability, nor did he seem at all intimidated by her new form. He simply stood, waiting to hear what she had to say next. To see if she was worth following.

Berserker
In what's left of this living room

This reaction was not one that he had been used to in his past life. He was expecting cowardice, hostility. Even shock would suffice. He let out a disgusted scoff at the overjoyous reaction of his new master. He wasn't in the correct state of mind to contemplate why she might be enjoying the situation of being manhandled, not did he seem to want to be. All he needed to hear was the verbal confirmation from her - that she was indeed his new master. He seemed to grumble something, in a low, rumbling, almost otherworldly voice.

"Mmmm......"
He seemed to suddenly tighten his focus. The muscles on his neck and head strained themselves, as he finally opened his mouth for the first time. Even though the next words were slow, and mumbled, the sheer volume and bass of it was still enough to slightly shake the air in front of him.

"...as....ter."
Those last two syllables came out with what appeared to be disgust. Disgust at the prospect of having to call someone master, or disgust at the person he had to acknowledge as such? It was difficult to tell, and what came next left little time for his master to contemplate such dilemmas. As the contract was forged between both servant and master, the mana link between them would instantly be noticed. Even his mere manifestation was enough to cause painful surges of mana through his master's circuits, draining almost as much mana as he possibly could just to stay manifest. Having such a link allowed him to materialize the rest of his effects, as well. The crude, yet ornamental armor that covered his body formed out of the mana he now had access to. Ornate golden chainmail was briefly visible on his chest, before that too was covered up with a light, oriental looking breastplate. Flexing his hands slightly, he turned around for a moment, and threw out a straight arm punch, as though he was testing his strength. Even without a proper stance, or any wind up, his straight jab caused a devastating torrent of air pressure, powerful enough to blast through the wall of the room they were in. With a grunt of satisfaction, he once more turned to face the woman who had summoned him. He didn't seem to be taken aback by her shapeshifting ability, nor did he seem at all intimidated by her new form. He simply stood, waiting to hear what she had to say next. To see if she was worth following.

Yi Kose
Old Mansion
---------

Kose clapped her hands together! Alright, this guy was a monstrous strain on her resources. Also, with her studies... this guy was a major legend. He had lots of tools and an amazing amount of pure power. She said, "Alright, so I believe we have a little while before any of the fighting starts. Clearly, your strength won't be an issue, but could I ask for a slight favor?" She leaned in, tilting her head a bit with wide eyes and a rather embarrassed smile. God this was a bit frightening now that her emotions were in order. She asked, "I have faster than normal reflexes, but I do not know your tools properly. Would you like to come outside, and we can train our mana usage? I believe if I unsummon your..." She casually glanced over to a book she had open next to her bowl of worms. She casually plucked another out, feeding into her gluttony and starving her need for any form of blood. She muttered a bit, "No... thats not it... Encolypedais of magic sweet christ these things are~ there it is!" She tapped the page, and looked back, "Your Noble phantasms! If we study, I can find a way to minimize your mana impact, allowing us to fight longer and with minimal impact on our life line. If we can make a sign, or a code word or any form of communication so that I can use my mana to reform it just as you want to use it... Does that sound good to you?"

She was a bit, panicky. She was starting to realize the dread of putting her life on the line, and just realized how unprepared she was for everything here. She rapidly sent a text message to one of her few Ghouls, asking for a favor. She waited for a few taps of the foot and switched to another contact that wasn't busy. Hopefully. She spent about twenty seconds sending a few texts, then whispering out a quick 'yes'! Sweet! She turned back to him.

Christina Kimmich.
Streets of Marbenca and Her House.
2330 or 11:30PM.

Christina let out a sigh as she walked through the cobbled and paved streets of Marbenca. She had walked to the conveince store that was just down the hill from her house to pick up some beer and more tea. The plastic bagged which carried her precious contents were in her left hand, and her phone in the other. She was intently reading some news articles on some sort of murder in a city over. It seemed like the murderer was still on the loose and it might be a good case for Christina to make a little extra cash. As she continued to walk back to her house she could hear dogs howling in the distance. A cool and uneasy breeze began and ran chills up Christina's spine. She pulled up her coat which typically hanged down and off of her shoulders, making her look quote on quote cool.

As Christina neared her house, which was a fairly nice house in one of the better suburbs of Marbenca, she noticed something was wrong. The front door of her house was slightly cracked open and the lights were now off. Either she was drunk and left the door open, or someone was entering someplace they shouldn't. Stifling a yawn, mostly to make sure she was concealed from the intruder of her house, she approached the door and slowly opened it. Luckily it didn't creak at all and Christina still hadn't been noticed. As she made her way into the house she could hear a man, most likely in his 30s, rummaging around in her stuff. The noise was coming from a room in her house that she rarely went into as it was her father's old workshop. It was 11 years since he died and she wasn't a fan of seeing all of his stuff. She did go in occasionally to clean it or grab some supplies that she needed, but other than that she rarely went in there.

Christina peered into the room, as the door was wide open and exposed the room for anyone to see. Granted it was a bit dark due to the intruder turning out all the lights... for whatever reason. It didn't make much sense to her. She took a deep breath and stared at the man before revealing herself, "Why are you in my house?" Her tone was calm and almost cold, stoic if you will. The man jumped a little, startled by the fact that someone saw and caught him in the act. The man was rather tall and wide and looked to be a tourist of some sorts. He had blonde hair and blue eyes with some slight stubble around his chin. Christina guessed he was of Scandinavian or German descent due to all of his physical attributes pointing towards that.

"W-w-w-what? O-Oh... um..." The intruder stumbled over his words in a foreign language as the cold gaze continued to pressure him, "Dammit..." Was all he said before charging at Christina with a knife that he must have been carrying on him incase something like this happened. Christina watched as he charged her and dodged the deadly blow before kneeing the man in the stomach. He coughed up some blood before stumbling back towards the center of the room where a large summoning circle was drawn onto the floor. It had been there since she was little, and she left it after her father died. She thought it was too much of a bother to clean up and thus never did. The intruder dropped his knife when being kneed in the gut which Christina just so happened to be holding now, "Attempted Assault and Armed Robbery... I can kill you and the Police would care less..." She said before lunging at the man, knife pointed at he rather large chest and stomach area. The sound of blood hitting the floor echoed the room as Christina drove the knife deeper into the man's stomach. Blood was rushing down his chin as he violently coughed up blood due to the wound. His body slumped to the floor and he began to sadly whimper due to the amount of pain he was in. Christina just looked down on him with unapologetic eyes as she backed away from the dying man.

"That was such a waste of time... Good riddance." Christina muttered to herself as the man let out one last ragged breath before dying. Tears and blood covered his face as his body lie there, motionless and cold. The words that she muttered to herself was all it took for the summoning circle to begin to glow brightly. It almost blinded Christina due to how suddenly it happened and with that blinding feeling, Christina was already beginning to feel regret well up inside of her.

Xel Xel

Saber

fh_heroes-knights-warden_ncsa.png

The summoning circle's light increased as the blood moved with unnatural speed and grace. The entirety of the circle was soon bathed in a dark red with the light it gave off quickly adopting it's hue. A wild gust tore through the room, papers being flung carelessly into the air as the entire ceremony reached it's apex. With one outward blast the entire show ceased to be, gone as quickly as it had started. Left standing at the center of the blood-red circle was a tall individual clad in heavy armor. Held in front of them was a great sword almost as long as the knight was tall, the blade wreathed in an ever-moving wind that concealed it's appearance from all but it's owner. The knight stood in silence, his helmet moving slowly as he took in his surroundings. The knight's gaze fell on the corpse at his feet before shifting up to the woman that stood before him. The armored individual moved his hands to sheath his invisible weapon before striding forth. Every step he took was enhanced by the clattering of his heavy armor until he finally came to a stop in front of Christina. Without a word he fell to a knee, his right hand resting fist-down on the ground with his head lowered. "The Knight of the Sword, the Class of Saber, has answered your summons." The masculine voice reverberated through his helmet. The knight retained this position, waiting for his Master's orders before taking any further action.

Iskandar Iskandar

Last edited:
Archer
"Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Each will be filled with blood five times,
Flesh will be the shell and organs its inner workings,
Bones will serve as supports and blood as the fuel,
I hereby order you, come forward and heed the Grail's call for I request your aid through it,
Whether you seek death or life, I shall be your guide,
Whether you offered death or life, I shall be here to command you,
Respect the Three Marks of Law and you shall be rewarded,
Come to me, Deity of Bows!"

As these words were uttered by Gale, a blinding light erupted from the immaculately drawn summoning cricle, which disturbed the vision of all those that would gaze upon it. The flames that which enveloped the arrow that had been placed in the center of the arrows began burning ever so intensely, and the small flame soon erupted into a blazing inferno, tongues of flame dancing around the room, entwining and interweaving. The fires soon died out, leaving the arrow, and the corpse which had been a bit too close the the circle for comfort, in a smoldering heap. A woman stood in the middle of what remained of the summoning circle, arms crossed. She was of eastern background, and wore a red outfit way too flashy and medieval-looking to be able to not look conspicous among a crowd. Though as much as it appeared so, the woman who stood before Gale was no cosplayer. "... Is that burnt flesh I smell?" Archer asked her master, surveying around the room. She soon spotted the corpse, which was now burnt to a coal. "Ew, yuck. If you're some cannibal who was hoping to summon a servant AND cook your next meal at the same time, I'm sorry to disappoint. I think it looks a bit... overcooked." Archer's eyes soon fell on her master, as she introduced herself. "I'm Archer. And you're my master. And you're pretty screwed up. Any questions?" She asked. Despite introducing herself as Archer, she held no bow, or any weapon of sorts. Had she not introduced herself as Archer, it would've been very hard to identify the woman before Gale as a heroic spirit of the bow.

Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Gale Boreas

Gale sighed at the behavior of his newly summoned servant. He crossed his arms, "I am no cannibal, Archer. I am a Magus and a necromancer. Your catalyst is a flaming arrow, thus I used a flaming arrow to summon you. That's why you can smell burnt wood. And that body was used for the circle. Now, inform me on your abilities and noble phantasm." He quickly explained, getting to the focus of the conversation in no time. He looked at Archer, head to toes, and noticed she was pretty tall indeed. Still not taller than him. The eerie atmosphere of the basement filled with the smell of blood and ashes got darker and darker as the light of the summoning circle faded away. He kept staring into Archer's eyes as his eyes faintly glowed.

LostHaven LostHaven

Clovis Savatier
City Center

The screens of the monitor bank flickered in the basement as they would convey images of the shrouded city above in leaden tones to their vigilant owner. The gently grayed man seated before the displays watched intently as little would pass by those all seeing electronic eyes that promised to show the man everything he could ever hope for, given enough patience.

Lacking this rather important quality in spades, Clovis got up from his swivel chair, before quickly ascending the stairs to the main house.

After a few moments of consideration, Clovis decided to call the Church official overseeing the Grail War, to notify him of Clovis' successful summoning of the servant Assassin.

Or at least, the church he was residing in for the time being.

Of course, he'd already summoned Assassin some time ago. If anything, it was really this Kotomine guy who was late.

But, c'est la vie.

After a moments consideration, he decided to call the church using one of the dozens of burner phones he had bought in preparation for the war, rather than the landline or his personal cell phone.

Clovis may have wanted the priest on his side during the nights to follow, but he didn't want the fanatical bastard to know his personal number.

That'd be weird after the war was over.

Through his connection to Assassin's senses, he could see their first encountered rival, a kid and a heavily armored woman. Was she Saber? Or perhaps Lancer?

Whatever the case, he didn't enjoy the thought of Assassin being out there on his own, especially concerning the fact that this nobody kid had somehow guessed Assassin was a servant.

This boy was either one of the smartest men in the world, or it was complete and utter dumb luck on his part.

Clovis went with the latter and grabbed his coat while walking out the door.

Birdsie Birdsie HTCOR HTCOR

ArcherHospital Basement

As Archer listened through her master's little explanation on as to why the room smelt like burnt wood flesh, she couldn't help but smirk to herself- he wasted no time on cutting to the point. Though his idea of where to summon a servant and what to draw a summoning circle with, it was to be expected- Archer expected such person to be a little twisted, being a necromancer and all. "Well, you're no fun... Whatever, don't piss me off and we'll go along just fine. Otherwise, I have independant action of very high caliber." She commented, before finally cutting to the 'serious talk.' "My Noble Phantasm isn't something I should abuse all the time. I could probably turn the entire hospital into a molten heap if I let it loose here. However, I do not have only one Noble Phantasm. If you have a firearm or any ranged weapon, I could demonstrate right now." She offered her master.

Gale Boreas

"I am very well aware that the Archer class has a very high rank in Independent Action. That will be very useful. My mana won't be strained as much as with another servant." Gale spoke out, letting his arms go down and his hands behind his back. "We should get out of here and go to my Mansion. There, we can discuss more. Go into Spirit Form now." He ordered, walking out of the basement. As people looked at him in the eye, his eyes glowed time after time and people forgot that he was ever there. As soon as Gale exited the hospital, he walked towards his car and got into it, turning it on with the key. He pressed the pedal, switched the gear and the car started accelerating forward. "You can come out now. It's gonna be a long ride." He pressed a button on the radio and a cassette came out. He grabbed it and placed it in the glove compartment only to switch it around with another cassette, labeled "Lovin' Spoonful!". He pressed play and music started playing..."So, tell me about your legend. I want to hear it from the protagonist of the story."
LostHaven LostHaven

Archer
Hospital Basement--> Gale's Car

Archer complied with Gale's order as she faded into spirit form, and followed her master out of the hospital. As she followed him, she noticed him using some form of magecraft or mystic eyes of sorts, erasing the memory of anyone he'd walk past. "Huh. That's a neat ability." She commented on his mystic eyes, telepathically of course. She soon followed him outside the hospital, and into his car. As soon as Gale told her that she was permitted to revert to a physical form, she did so instantly. Her eyes followed Gale's hand, as he put some sort of casette into the player, and some atrocious music track began playing. If Archer had to guess, it was probably some rock band from the nineties or something- however, she didn't know the band- the holy grail did not grant her knowledge of the modern world to that extent. "You wanna hear my story...?" She asked her master, somewhat surprised. "If you knew what catalyst to use, then wouldn't you already know?" She muttered, but explained the story in her prespective anyways. "So yeah, basically, everyone else was a bunch of sissies, so I had to do it, or everything would be fucked. So yeah, I shot them all down, but apparently, I had to leave one of them alive or serious shit would go down, and everyone would die anyways or some shit like that." Archer explained, using vulgar words unbefitting of a 'noble hero' on more than several occasions. "Then apparently, the gods were sorta happy with me for killing a bunch of stuff and rewarded me. Shit never happened though, and my sister went poof. Yeah, tragic cliche'd story, et cetera et cetera. I don't even know how the fucking idiots got my gender wrong- bunch of sexist ****." Quickly after she finished, she shifted the subject to her master. "So what about you? You obviously gave that random guy a pretty bad time. Did your parents never love you and you tried to make other people's lives miserable so you'd feel a little better about yourself or something?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back