• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/No Order IC

Tokugawa retreated from the conversation when Saber reintroduced her argument to them. She was stubborn, that was sure, but at the same time, Tokugawa understood. They couldn't always take the time to mourn, Saber was still taking it to far, her own outlook seemingly clouding her thoughts. She moved to speak, stepping towards the King of Dragons when Assassin intervened. She laid out a simple but effective plan.

She would be bait, along with Lancer and Saber, to keep the enemies attention while another team infiltrated the Clocktower. There was a myriad of problems with the plan; what if the enemy simply reinforced the tower instead, leaving the combat heavy hitters far from the action, what if the enemy is more numerous then expected, what if there are enemy Servants, what if the enemy doesn't even respond to the lure. But, that's what battle was, a constant string of what if's. She rethought the plan again, this time Archer had given her input, which focused on another possibility for the battle.

“I would agree with Archer, the lure team will be in the open and could use supporting fire, but that would leave more servants out here then in the tower. I think you should go with infiltration team, Poca..” There was already enough negative energy in the air, she focused on what was necessary. She turned to give John and Assassin a proud smile “Either way, it's a well made plan, Assassin. Good work.”

~~~~~~~~~~

Ah, and there it was. Suddenly, John knew what it was to be King, to know the hardships to ruling alone. Saber was quickly finding herself on the back foot, her first attempt to be 'friendly' had gone about as well as expected. Her lack of humanity clearly evident in her choice of words and actions. The entire time, she focused on Archer, who was stalking towards her. For a moment, she saw Mordred's languid form, so weak and tired, stalking towards her, ready to spew her own vile words.

Saber gave a look, her eyes screaming 'out with it', but was cut off by Assassin's plan. Both herself and Archer broke the tension between them. Saber listened and watched, Assassin glaring at her in the usual way, and as she finished up her short explanation, Saber gave her two cents once more.

“A modest plan, and I agree with Avenger. Lancer, herself, and I, will be more then enough to handle any enemies on the outside.” In truth, she really did think that they could handle the battle with just the three of them, but she had another reason to not want Archer there. She already had one sword constantly thinking of cutting her up in Assassin's impersonal hatred, she didn't need Archers growing personal hatred waiting behind her as well.

She made a mental note as a sudden revelation hit her, Archer had been willing to fight a Servant that was stronger then her, to defend her ideals. She would never openly admit it, but a budding feeling of respect was growing for that ruby eyed girl. Saber gave her an acknowledging smirk, as if to say, 'you're not half bad.'

MocaPoka MocaPoka Syvvaris Syvvaris Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

Almost as if suffering from bipolar disorder, Lancer shot out of Berserkers grip, a high pitched squeal emanating from her. She nearly bounced into the center of the group, her eyes refilled with th light of life, her hands clasped at her chest, spinning around, her tail almost bumping into a few of the other servants. Her girlish delight coming to an end as she focused on Assassin.

“If you wanted to hear the World Famous Idol Dark Eliza sing, you should have just asked! I'm always ready to sing for my adoring fans!” Her sapphire eyes almost had actual sparkles in them. She skipped away, landing with a pronounced bounce in front of Barr. “Piggy, dressing room!”

Barr rolled his eyes and put both of his arms up, holding his cloak to make a veil between the idol and everyone else. The look in Barr's eyes was that of a man who had given up on trying to save his dignity, and simply rolled with the punches as best he could. “Now, if I'm supposed to be getting all those Bad Boney Boys attention, this calls for a very special kind of music.”

A few second of scrounging around in the survival backpack that Barr carried under his cloak, Lancer reappeared, jumping out from behind her master. Her pink sweater was gone, replaced with a small assortment of new clothes. Brown leather cowboy boots, a small ten gallon hat neatly placed behind her horns, a golden sheriff star on her chest, pistol holsters hanging off her hips, and a stylized pink handkerchief hanging from her neck.

“Pow, pow, pardner, it's Cowpoke Eliza, for all your country music needs!” She said this, the little plastic pistols drawn from their holsters, pretend shot into the air.
Barr slowly brought a hand up to rub the pain from his eyes. He always wondered when the reservoir of his dignity would finally be completely dried up, and that day was today.

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

Anastasia sat on her bed, looking at everything that Shielder had got for her, just so she never had to leave. It was a bit much, and probably against several rules. "Jesus, Tarcza(Shield)... You didn't have to do all this..." She muttered to herself. She got up, doing what she could to fix some of this. She started by picking up the books and returning them, about five at a time. After that, she sat back down on her bed. Something was finally happening, and here she was, to unwilling to go out and do something, and leaving her Servant alone.

She sighed, getting up from her bed once more, pacing. She wondered if they rayshifted already. They probably had, and her thinking was useless. She walked out of her room, pulling her jacket tighter to her form, pulling her gloves up to fit snugly on her hands. She entered the observation room, "Afternoon, Doctor Da Vinci..." She trailed off, seeing the back of her Servant. "And Tarcza? Missed your rayshift?" She asked, walking forward and taking a stand next to her.

AJustKnight AJustKnight

Lucas was half-tempted to jump in with his own words at the current discussion, but to be completely honest, he had no idea what he could've said to change anything. Archer hadn't been wrong to suggest a little more care with Jun's death, but it wasn't as if Saber had been disrespectful either. She simply saw that they had more important matters to see to, such as the thing Jun had died trying to accomplish, and the very task they were all here for. Lucas did shoot Skorl a glare though, feeling like his comment had gone a little too far. Lucas' own opinion of Jun aside, as well as their identities as Magus', it was never good to speak ill of the recently dead. Lancer's own reaction was a bit of a surprise as well, as he'd never have expected the girl to be so... afraid? He was hardly in a place to comfort her though, though Archer, who was much better with both words and people than him, quickly and easily jumped in to comfort the smaller girl.

He was glad for the fact that John and his Servant were willing to cut through the tension and quickly move onto more practical matters, and they quickly laid out a plan that sounded both fair and reasonable, though Lucas had a single concern with it. And no, it was not questioning how Lancer concluded that their undead enemies would prefer country music over anything else in her repertoire. He gave Barr a bit of a puzzled look however, a bit amazed at how easily Lancer was willing to change almost publicly like this with the man's help, and he wondered what else Elizabeth had consigned the man to do in her service.

"And what about the Masters...?" Lucas voices towards Assassin. "Out of all of us here... I can't say any of us have the skill to sneak in with the infiltration team, and most of us would end up being a burden on the distraction team at best with an all out assault by our opponents. Are we just supposed to sit around and hide somewhere?"

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire Syvvaris Syvvaris

Skorl grinned at John's little title for him, 'That is true; I'm rather weak when compared to other magi,' He thought, running fingers through his hair. 'But which is the more powerful ally; an idiot with immense strength, charging into every fight alone, or a logical weakling, who knows their limits and doesn't try to become a hindrance; rather the opposite.' Skorl locked his gaze with Assassin's master for a moment, before looking away; knowing it best not to vocally antagonize any further than he'd already done. He had missed seeing Archer's glare, in the process. 'I'd never respect the former; if they don't care that much about their allies or their own lives to just throw it all away, what is there to honor?' Flashbacks to his older brother ran through Skorl's mind at this decision.

"I'll give it to you Assassin, this plan is simple, yet effective." He complimented the Servant who had come out of hiding. "I agree with it up until the Strike team's infiltration of the landmark. I'm not too familiar with the layout of this place; so how are you supposed to get in, especially with an apparent camouflage around the entire outside? Underground entryways from the site's past, I presume would be the best option if they exist?" Skorl inquired turning away from Barr hiding Elizabeth during her costume change. "We can expect every entryway to be guarded," Raikou suggested standing beside her Master. "Even if the Lure team is successful, I wouldn't expect every available sentry to go running to the nearest sound. The apparent intelligence of the anomaly suggests it would keep areas guarded with even the last bit of troops, no matter what. Strike group should be prepared to engage with hostiles the whole way, even when undetectable."

Lucas then brings up the fact that the Masters might be the flaw in this plan; being weaker by comparison to their servants, they might end up as nothing more than unnecessary casualties for either team. "I don't have many, " Skorl answered, reaching into his pack of crystals. "But a couple sound absorbing crystals should help the masters of strike team to sneak in. They won't help if the enemy's are constantly detecting for mana, but just take what we can get, I guess."

Syvvaris Syvvaris MocaPoka MocaPoka Dragonruby Dragonruby TelisOldfield TelisOldfield Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire CatJones CatJones

After Shielder had left them alone, Roman turned back to Alexandria at her next question. "Fou? Well, he's usually just roaming around the facility, coming and going as he pleases, within reason. I typically tend to find him in the cafeteria, observatory atrium, or in Mash's old room. Why do you-" The doctor chose his next words carefully. "So, I take it you know of his true identity? Unsurprising; I'm becoming more intrigued with you by the passing second. I'd be more than happy to help find the little guy, as long as I know you wouldn't be planning anything." Roman crossed his arms, making sure to iterate how serious he was being right now. "So you know of Chaldea; not an uncommon occurrence. You know of our systems; perhaps you've just done a bit of research. But, now that you're mentioning Fou, I get the feeling you know a lot more than I ever could." Clearing his throat, Roman really hoped he hadn't made the mistake of letting an enemy have their way; especially with those anomalies happening.

BearBearBear BearBearBear

Da Vinci was surprised to find Shielder and her master popping into the atrium while she was on overwatch duty. Setting her comm to mute for a second, the inventor greeted the pair. "Late for the rayshift, so you come in here instead, Shielder?" She joked, keeping her eyes on the agents debating on the screen. With the eager servant's question, Da Vinci shrugged, "It's been a mixed bag so far. Undead creatures managed to kill Saber's master, tensions are rising with the group, and I'm the anomaly in clocktower is getting impatient." She explained, wiping sweat from her forehead. "But, we've managed to learn that these anomalies do have an intelligence behind them, and a not so nice one at that."

AJustKnight AJustKnight LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87

Shielder was pleasantly surprised with her Masters abrupt appearance. They had spent the better part of a month just talking in the comfort of her room, getting used to each other company. Ana was so far reserved woman, but she had opened up to her servant in due time. There was still a lot she didn't know about her Master, but everything at it's own pace. She had almost jumped when her Master called her by her nickname.

“Whoa, hey! I wasn't expecting to see you out and about. Does that mean I can return that, uh, borrowed equipment?” She was legitimately excited to see her Master out of her lair, and was more then excited at the possibility that they could deploy together on a mission. “Yeah, I missed the rayshift, so I figured I'd come bother Leo here.”

Shielder found her eyes trailing to her Masters arms, some knowledge of her Masters issues, and hoping that her situation wouldn't be a problem for her. Shielder reminded herself not to stare at the injury, and focused on the doctor again.

“Wait, are they fighting Skeletons or Zombies. You said undead, so it has to be one of those two.” Shielder had seen plenty of modern horror movies, Army of Darkness had been one of her favorites, right along with anything that said George Romero on the cover. “Sorry, don't worry about that. Is there anything we can do here to help you? Dr. Roman mentioned helping with something in passing.”

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 BlightGiver BlightGiver

Assassin was the perfect scapegoat to the group’s sudden moral confliction. Instead of arguing about how one should feel about death in battle, Assassin pulled mana from John to materialize her super cool futuristic and awesome ship, the Dun Stallion II, and gave an in-depth brief of her plan. John failed to see that she made no mentions of the Masters and Lucus seemed to have noticed it and asked the important question. Lucus wasn’t wrong, in a secret stealth mission John wasn’t the best at infiltration when there wasn’t a whole lot of people or smoke.

John’s fingers ran through his hair and looked at the other’s input for Lucas’s question. When his eyes wondered to Archer, he noticed that she was smoking from a decorative piece. He nodded in approval of their shared past-time and after this meeting he would be sure to talk to her. However, the real spectacle was Lancer’s extatic response to her being able to perform and her sudden change into a cowgirl. ”Bravo, Bravo.” John applauded her act and turned his attention to the small doe.

”Sound absorbing crystals would be helpful. The constructs that we fought before did not show any form of mana sensing. The one I fought only to manage to hit me in a smokescreen by sheer luck. But I only faced a bone a flesh construct with a large blade for a hand. Their could be different models with different abilities. So, if Masters are to go with their Servants, I suggest the Masters be at least somewhat effective in a fight. Otherwise the others should find a place to observe the fight in relative safety.” John looked at his servant, ”Also, I didn't catch what the other Nippon Servant would be doing.”

CatJones CatJones Dragonruby Dragonruby MocaPoka MocaPoka BlightGiver BlightGiver Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire TelisOldfield TelisOldfield

Assassin
"I may have made a bad decision on this. Eitherway, here's the back-up. I need all the Masters outside. In case we need to evacuate the Clock Tower and the premises is suddenly sealed. The Masters need to be with the strong, preferably Saber. At best, we can restore the Singularity. At worse, we'll gather intelligence."

She jumped onto Dun Stallion II and did a small visual approach to the the building.

"Four entrances, all possibly blocked. Possible Servants inside. Once we set all the traps, the Lure team and the Masters will start. After 5 minutes, we'll enter undetected and search. We'll split into two inside. One will search the underground archives, while the others will search the upper floors, The artifact and lecture halls. Masters, stay alert. If we give any indication of danger and a sign of being blocked, use one Command Spell. Retract everyone in danger except me."

She turned to her Master.

"I have an EX rank in Presence Concealment. Not even Ruler can detect me. Trust me to retrieve anything. Dun Stallion can give you guys Fire Support. The Masters can pilot my ship."

She crossed her arms and landed her ship. The docking bay opened, ready to receive the Masters. Inside were complicated instruments, including plenty of Vacuum Tubes and Mysterious Substances. The control panel blinked ominously.

"I'm cutting the ship's mana connection to my Master, and using my own Mana. I might need my Noble Phantasm later, better to be prepared."

She looked at Lancer getting ready for her concert.

"Anyone need earplugs?"

"How is that fair? I heard Lev got his respect when he was still wandering these halls, and and he was blowing people to hell." Alexandria whined at the Doctor when finally, finally he was slowly beginning to understand who he was dealing with. It must have been quite an image to see the most powerful mage from Atlas complain like a child throwing a tantrum."He makes a magical satellite and somehow everyone's singing his praises. I, on the other hand, take the greatest quantum computer in the history of magic, make a copy of it, give that copy and AI while continuing to improve the original system and I can't even visit! And he was some demon possessed solomon clone thingy!"

It was childish, it was petty, but she had been arguing her credentials for the last few minutes and everything that came out of her mouth fell on deaf ears. And then she said she wanted to meet what was effectively their mascot and suddenly the good doctor is taking her seriously? But really? That's all it took for them to finally start looking at her like she wasn't a crazy woman who wandered into a maximum security research and observational facility that just so happened to be six ROOT DAMNED KILOMETERS above sea level in AN-FUCKING-TARCTRICA?

Calm.

Breathe in.

She was Alexandria Bartholomew Rehema, Pharaoh, Past Master of Assassin, The Forbidden Grimoire. She was an Atlas Alchemist, ranked third in the entire organisation.

She gave TRISMEGISTUS to Chaldea after making it sentient... though obviously no one picked up on that.

She joined multiple high level hunts, kept pace with the Queen and her Choir, and could claim to be the other half of the main reason that the Twenty Seven we too undermanned to be active as an organization... and no one not involved caught that either.

She served as the main Arbiter on the matter of Sealing Designation and upon their capture she had mastered their spells beyond their original incarnations... of course that was top secret too.

She survived a Holy Grail War with the best Assassin ever and even created her own version after the fact with the help of the Clock Tower... she was beginning to see a pattern.

But most importantly, she was calm and at least that was visible.

Breathe out.

"Don't worry, I just want to pay my respects." Alexandria allowed a soft laugh to escape her as she centered herself. "The Spider was a challenge I enjoyed. I probably would have enjoyed the Dog as well, but seeing as its not willing or able to fight, I just want to meet it. Now let's see where that little one is hiding." A wave of mana rippled from her as she reached out and began enveloping the entire area in a bounded field. It's purpose was simple, to find a certain Dog sneaking about. "Come out, come out, wherever you are~"

THOTH, access the cameras and find Fou.

BlightGiver BlightGiver

Ana looked up at the screen, watching them with intense eyes. "Hmm?" She shook her head, registefing what was said to her. "Oh! Yeah, we should probably get... All that stuff back..." She said, a bit sheepish. "I think you overdid it though... You wouldn't be gone that long." One of her gloves became frosted over as a small, long staff began forming from her hand, extending out in both directions over the course of ten seconds, her equivalent of stretching. It dissipates into most, and she glances at Da Vinci.

"Sorry if I steam up the place on accident, just sort of making sure I can still do this..." As she spoke, she turned back to the screen, her left hand flexing into a loose fist and back, doing this several times.

"Tarcza?" She began, not looking at her. "I think I'm going to decide on trying to make the next mission this time..."

AJustKnight AJustKnight BlightGiver BlightGiver

While Elizabeth focused on her display of costume, Tokugawa decided to approach Saber. It would be the first time they directly spoke, but she felt it was necessary to get more of a feel for the blond woman's character. Saber seemed a different creature then the rest of this group, like she was lording over the others without directly doing so. Tokugawa approached cautiously, like a cat to an unknown food source.

“Saber, a pleasure to finally speak with you. I am Tokugawa Ieyasu, Shogun of Japan. I am to understand that you were a King in your life?” She tried to ask as politely as she could, expecting the knightly woman to respond bitterly, but perhaps their slight agreement during the philosophical debate of her Masters death had started a bond between the two.

“I was, Avenger. I assume you have come to prepare battle plans?” The red haired warlord nodded. “Then let us wait for Lancer. She is our bait, after all.”

Tokugawa gave a quiet affirmation, standing next to the English knight, and watching as Lancer put on her little costume change still, and while Assassin tried to get everyone to board her strange rocket ship.

“We're a peculiar bunch, huh?” Tokugawa asked, trying to break the silence between them.

“Indeed. I believe the phrase is: 'Variety is the spice of life'.” Saber snidely commented, watching the same scene unfold.

“Ha. What would that make you? Bitter lemon? What would I be, salt? Archers is defiantly sugar, Lancer is probably cinnamon. Good in small dosed.” Tokugawa crossed her arms as she had fun poking fun at the others personalities. Saber was far less happy with the jest. Though, it was almost impossible to tell, with her casual face being a glare.

“Focus.” She simply said, waiting for Lancer to come over to them.

TelisOldfield TelisOldfield

Archer
Rebecca gave an angry puff from her pipe, the white smoke bellowing grumpily around her face. Saber was giving her a condescending smirk; no doubt finding her retreat pathetically amusing. She did her best to put the dark knight out of her thoughts and focus on the hunt. Nodding at Avenger's suggestion she agreed to go with the Striker group. "I have excellent vision in the dark so I would be happy to volunteer for the underground archives."

Rebecca was pleased with the idea of having the Masters stay on Assassin's flying warship. It was likely the safest location for them while still being able to provide support to the Servants. Putting her pipe away, Archer saw Lucas off before he boarded the ship. "I'll be off to begin setting up traps Master. Stay wise and safe. If I need support I'll contact you through our link. At worst I may need a quick retreat with a command seal." She hoped he would accept staying on the ship... she didn't bother hoping he would be content with the "safe" placement. Her own role was very risky, she held no illusions that she would be able to remain completely undetected. Not to mention she would not be in her ideal location for fighting, she had few combat skills in confined spaces. Her only real hope was that the distraction team would be considered a bigger threat by the enemy, and a stronger reaction force would be sent to combat them.

Despite the danger of her mission Archer felt the familiar spark of adventure take flame inside her chest. The thought of exploring an unknown location with evil magic and deadly monstrosities potentially roaming an underground secret archive, with the hope of saving all of London... it made her giggle in excitement. It certainly wouldn't be too bad a way to fall for her first summons. Although she doubted Lucas would see her "death" in the same light. Archer resolved to do all she could to make it back from her hunt "alive"... she still had to sing with Eliza, have a tea party, and watch that famous movie about herself with Lucas after all.

Seeing the Distraction team gathering; Archer spotted Assassin and decided she would move to follow the blonde girl's lead after her meeting with Lucas was concluded.

Dragonruby Dragonruby CatJones CatJones Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

Lancer would be giddy all day, still nearly bouncing over to her temporary security. Saber and Avenger were both seemingly watching her as she strode over to them, a bemused smile still plastered on her face. Barr silently followed behind her, far more easily contained in his energy level. Lancer stopped before her newly formed security team, a hand on her chest as she prepared to lecture them on their new duties.

“Ufufuu. Do you even realize how envious so many people would be, just getting to be part of my entourage, even just as security? I only have one very important task for you two; make sure none of my fans rush the stage.” She turned away from them, trying to decide what would be the best stage, instantly finding it. Wellington Arch itself would be a perfect stage, where everyone could see her and her voice would carry further. She wouldn't have any stage equipment, but she could just use her draconic lungs to send her voice up to a couple hundred meters. Not waiting or caring for a reply from the two servants behind her, Lancer turned back around to the few still milling about.

“Give me the word when you want me to perform. And don't keep me waiting!” She shouted, specifically at Assassin, but not really caring which of them gave her the signal. She had already decided on her song, and was more then ready to perform. Behind her back, Barr had protruded ear plugs for Saber and Avenger. It would be unfortunate if they were deafened in combat.

CatJones CatJones Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

Assassin
Assassin flickered for a minute, and then returned to the group. Since she didn't know whether the enemies would run to or away from Lancer, she set traps as far back as Thames. Simple traps making use of chi disruptors and pitfalls. It would also act as a type of beacon if someone stronger than an average bone construct is caught. She took one look at the gathering teams. If she had any wish right now, she wished that the plan goes smoothly. She couldn't handle blood on her hands.

"The plan should start in 5 minutes, exactly when my Mana signature is strongest. Coincidentally, most of your high peaks are also within the hour. Remember one thing: We Servants are dispensable, so protect the Masters at all costs even if it interferes with the plan."

She leers at the entrance, gauging just how fast they can enter, exit, or if the Clock Tower they were about to enter is, in fact, not the landmark, but a Reality Marble. If so, then they were walking right into the trap of their enemies.

"After 5 minutes, Lancer will start singing, (Don't worry Masters, Dun Stallion is soundproof), and I will enter first. If I give the signal after a few moments, then enter. If not, assume that Clock Tower is a trap, either I was captured by an enemy Servant, or the building is a Reality Marble, in which case, do not hesitate to destroy it completely."

She counts down to the beginning of the possible end.

"Master," she turned to John, "do not enter the closet inside my ship. I know how you are with women and their undergarments. 3...2...1... Lancer, please start for your adoring fans!"

Excitement filled John when he entered the Dun Stallion. It was like many of his favorite space animes like Gundam and Cowboy Bebop. He wondered if they could actually leave the planet of this ship or was it more of a flying tank than spaceship. "Do you happen to have a giant robot on this ship? That would be pretty sweet if you did." He asked his servant.

John paused at Assassin's request to not go into her closet, it seemed that she thought he had a panty fetish. "My fancy with undergarments are only when they're on or I'm taking them off of a woman." He quipped, "Though I do wonder what type of woman you are..." Even though a few minutes had gone by, he knew that she had stopped pulling mana from him. "You can rely on me, Darling. Afterall I'm safe in this ship. I'd rather you use me to the fullest extent. I just don't want to keep you from keeping yourself safe."

"Also, where are the gun controls?"

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

Skorl ended up deciding for his Servant to remain outside, as well; a Berserker like Raikou just isn't any good with stealth. "One wouldn't expect an Assassin to have a vessel like this." he noted, getting near the ship. "Never judge a book by it's cover triumphs once more." Per the agreed upon plan, Skorl entered the Dun Stallion, taking in the rather aesthetically pleasing interior. "Even moreso." Raikou was adamant about trying to get in as well, better with some talk with her master, she was assured of his safety for now. "I'll make sure to get you the second anything attempts to take your life." She said before he went inside completely. "Even if I have to dismantle this ship to do so." Skorl quickly turneds and getstures to stop talking. "Don't go threatening other people's property!" He scolded. "Assassin would hate your guts, I'm sure. Not to mention it's a crime anyway!"

Meanwhile, the increase in mana used to summon the Dun Stallion did not go unnoticed. Defenses were being set up, as a rather large pool of the corruption within the landmark site started to coalesce into a new foe. It would take some time, however; this was one being constructed exactly for this situation.

CatJones CatJones MocaPoka MocaPoka Syvvaris Syvvaris TelisOldfield TelisOldfield Dragonruby Dragonruby Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

Back in Chaldea, Roman could see that Alexandria was getting impatient if her noticeable breathing was an indication of anything. "Lev managed to act like a normal person, ok. It's not exactly easy to detect a demonic entity, when they end up becoming a (seemingly) respected human member of the organization. No one really knew of his true nature until after he screwed us all over." Roman boldly stated, not enjoying her rant. "But, yes, let's find the little guy; though I still require a full explanation of your being here. I won't lie, this whole time, I suspected you of being some random mage lost in time. Not exactly an everyday occurrence, but working here, I'd expect that to be a possible happening at some point." The doctor explained. "That's why I am hesitant of your mentioning of Fou; ah, forget it. Maybe I'm still just extremely paranoid of intruders ever since the Solomon incident, but that's besides the point. You seem to be someone utilizing logic, bar that one tantrum of yours just now. Would you not be able to see where I'm coming from here?!"

"I do not mind the mist," Da Vinci stayed focused on the screen she had before her, more or less just patronizing the two beside her. Shield, however, took the initiative an inquired about helping. Thinking for a moment, Da Vinci pulled up another two screens for the master and servant to view. "This one watches over the river near clocktower," Da Vinci pointed to the one in front of Shielder. "And this one is for watching behind the teams." She said, to the one in front of Ana. "Sliding on this part on the right of the screen allows for switching to mana detection mode. Just slide it back up for normal visual. Just help with increased observation if you can; we must always be prepared for anything."

She knew she should have remained focused on what Da Vinci was saying, but an ecstatic shiver coursed through Shielder's body. The very idea of her master joining her for missions sent a wave of pure joy through the armor-clad servant. She had prepared herself for going out alone, but now she would have a teammate no matter what. She gave Ana a bright smile, including a thumbs up with it.

“Right on! The two of us will be unstoppable!” Her pride was a rejuvenating balm, washing away the fact they were stuck in Cheldea while others were out fighting. At least they now had some way to assist the field team for the time being, even if it wasn't the exact way she wanted. Giving Ana one last glimpse of her proud smile, she turned to the screen Da Vinci had given her.

The river on screen was idyllic, quiet and serene, as people walked on the other edge and just out of sight of the gathered servants. She found herself glancing at her master, realizing they had never gotten a chance to really do any training or try combat. But, she had a quick question for Da Vinci first, "Hey, if I see anything weird, do I just tell you or can I directly talk to them?"

“Hey, Ana. Here in a bit, if there's nothing going on here, wanna go hit the training ring?” It was an innocuous question to her. Training was one of the most important things to her. She had snuck out while her master had been sleeping to get in some personal training, but without a partner, it was of little help.

LoneSniper87 LoneSniper87 BlightGiver BlightGiver

Anastasia took everything Da Vinci said in with a nod, switching the visual to test it, then reverting it back. She kept her eyes on the screen in front of her, not acknowledging she heard the question. "Sure, in a bit we could go if you'd like." She told Shielder. "I'm sure you and I both could use the practice." She said, glancing at her with a light smile. She looked back to the monitor, thinking. "Or we could go now, if you'd like. I'm sure the doctor will call is she needs us."

"So we really are just hiding after all, huh?" Lucas asks rhetorically. He understood the logic behind it, it made sense after all. They'd already lost one Master, it was for the best if no one else died that die. But even if it was a Noble Phantasm, hiding inside of Assassin's ship was still hiding. It was unlikely it needed more than a single pilot anyways, and Assassin's Master had that covered. Lucas had been trained to fight, his magecraft revolved around it, and if it hadn't been for Chaldea, he'd have ended up an Enforcer for the Association, and now here he was unable to use any of it. That deep and sinking pit of frustration and uselessness filled his stomach as he watched all the Servants clamber around to get ready, departing on their respective tasks. He frowned as he looked around and shook his head. It was petty, and he was being stubborn, he knew, but... "No... I'll stay out here with the other Servants. I can provide ranged support and leave the frontline fighting to the others." He nods, but the act is more for the benefit of himself, as if reaffirming his decision.

"Don't go getting yourself hurt, alright Archer?" The man asks over his mental link with his Servant. Perhaps a bit hypocritical of him considering his own decision, but having her return injured wasn't something he wanted to see happen.

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Archer
Archer accepted her Master's choice to not get on the flying warship. As long as he was nearby other Servants she wouldn't complain. As Assassin's countdown ended, Archer took off with speed that few other Servants could manage. A history of running away from monsters she had wandered into as a child and her lack of weighty equipment or armor, allowed her to move noticeably faster than most other Servants with a B rank in Agility and maintain the speed for far longer. As she ran she set four Black Key traps 20 meters apart, down what would be her escape route. The thickest part of the forested park, where cover and concealment would be advantageous for her to fight or escape into. She described the location to her Master in case the fighting around the other Servants became to intense and he needed to move to a defended location. Each trap consisted of three Black Keys suspended in air, arranged in a circle three meters apart from each-other and hidden visibly with magic. She wasn't proficient with magic as an Archer, so even these relatively minor traps took more mana than she would have liked. She hoped the mana pull wouldn't be too significant of a burden on Lucas. As a weaker Servant she normally didn't pull much mana from their bond; but combat, potential Noble Phantasm use, and maintaining the traps would add up to a fairly moderate flow of needed mana that could potentially take away fuel for his own combat magics.

The Black Key traps would fire with earth cracking force when activated by her or automatically when certain conditions were met. The blades would not shoot with quite as much force when compared to her bow, but they would certainly injure or kill most beasts and spirits that wandered into it. She set the condition for the traps to fire automatically when a creature with the evil magic she had felt with her jewel entered the center of the suspended blades or at a verbal command from Lucas (which she let him decide.)

As she neared the Clock Tower she answered Lucas's kind demand with a excited tone in her mental voice; the nearing "adventure" causing what most other Servants would describe as battle-lust to wash over her. "Who comes back from an adventure uninjured? Where would be the fun in that?! Besides I'll have you to heal me when I get back! Won't I Master?" Archer stopped just outside the Tower and eagerly awaited for Assassin's signal.

Dragonruby Dragonruby Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

Alexandria looked at the doctor, really looked, and wondered not for the first time if he was an idiot. He might as well could have been one, or maybe he was just that slow, but those weren't really possible if he was retained by Chaldea. More than likely, he was just that rude; he wasn't listening to the last time she talked about who she was and why she was there. Well, that was fine on her end, she had grown quite a bit when they gave her a contract and though her growth was secret, it was still there. Alexandria did manage to play with the Spider, albeit with the help of the Queen, before she came to desire freedom, so she wasn't exactly intimidated by a rude doctor.

"Hmmm... I see." Alexandria tapped the doctor on the shoulder with a smile. "You are paranoid, but do nothing to increase security. You expect others to use logic but fail to do so yourself. You expect to be heard but you seem to refuse to listen. You use big words too...but I don't think they're properly used in context; maybe you want to sound smart? If you had circuits, I would have thought you to be a student at the Clock Tower, though they know better than to antagonize me. Now where are you...?"

Alexandria didn't say anything false: Quite literally her identity and purpose was the second thing she granted them since her arrival and since it was a scant few minutes ago, he should have remembered. At any time, the doctor could have checked his own records and found that she was who she said she was, but he chose to argue. He claimed to have suspected that she was lost in time, but she boasted an extensive repertoire in those disciplines, honed to complete mastery if she wasn't being modest. And if she was someone would dare manipulate time in such a manner, why would a regular human even think of trying to aggravate a being that could have easily obliterated the entire facility? It was faltering that he thought her the Heir of the Fifth, for they were the only ones who truly played with time, but the Blue, the current Magician of the Fifth, was the last person any sane man wanted to anger.

"Aha~" But that didn't really matter anymore; her field had done its work and though she couldn't get any true position, she had narrowed her quarry's position to somewhere within the upper floors. If Alexandria had heard correctly, the First had lost his Sapience and his own Characteristic, but that didn't mean that he couldn't lead her on a wild goose chase, especially if he chose to indulge her.

"I guess I'm it then. Try to keep up Archaman." Alexandria would use minor reinforcement first, just enough that she would be able to take to the surface without the elevator, and scale it up from there if Cath Palug would continue to evade her. She gave the rude doctor a last wave before disappearing into the hallway and rocketing up the elevator shaft.

BlightGiver BlightGiver

A pregnant silence had filled the air between the two warrior's, with the only source of dialogue coming from Lancer, who had non-nonchalant reminded them of their responsibilities. Saber simply waved her off, not interested in feeding her ego. Tokugawa nodded to the tiny servant.

“Sure thing, boss. We'll keep your venue clear.” She gave a thumbs up with it, trying to come off as debonair. Though it seemed her effort was wasted, as Lancer walked away from them as soon as she had finished speaking. It was the second time the shorter servant had walked away from her in the middle of a conversation. She turned back to her fellow warrior, who was noting the change in staff getting into Assassin's toy ship. Barr had approached them, handing them ear plugs. They both had the same thought, that Barr wasn't to confident in Lancers singing. Tokugawa placed hers into her pocket. Saber threw hers over her shoulder.

Lucas and Berserker seemed to be staying behind. Saber realized that this meant they now had another Master to take care of, between him and Barr. She wasn't about to babysit him, though Tokugawa had the exact opposite response, more then willing to have him on as ranged support, even if it was someone she would have to help keep safe.

Saber mentally shrugged, before following in the direction Lancer had gone, figuring she would follow her charge. Tokugawa followed suit.

TelisOldfield TelisOldfield

Last edited:
Lancer didn't wait for a response from the two warrior servants, instead making her way to Wellington arch itself. The arch was tall enough and would have enough flat space for her to do a smaller and more reserved routine, which always seemed to be a hit with the British. She stood in the shadow of the arch, sizing it up and trying to figure if she could make the top in one bound. She didn't have long to size it up before she Assassin startled her from her focus, bidding her to begin her performance.

She crouched down, before launching up like a ballistic missile, just barely landing on the arch's somewhat narrow ledges. She had enough room to perform, about four feet to the edge. It would be a tight fit, she thought as she materialized her spear. She would just have to rely on her own amazing skills to not fall off mid-song. She raised her spear over head, spinning it and leaning back on one leg, giving herself more leverage. She slammed her spear down, the point sticking into the stone, while the microphone looking end stuck up, just a few inches above her mouth.

She let out a calming breath, not having realized that her heart was pounding in her chest, more nervous now that her servant friends were listening. As she began to inhale, she started to fill her draconic lungs, becoming a nearly 30 second inhale. When she was adequately filled with air for her song, she turned her attention to her not yet formed crowd. Plus, she didn't have anyone to announce her, she had heard Avenger and Sabers voices, and they weren't up to the task of being on stage.

“Heyheyhey! Coming at you from downtown London, it's the one and only Dark Eliza, Princess of Pop! And just for you, my adoring little piggies and squirrels, here's a quick preview of my upcoming country cover album!” She waved at the empty park, knowing in her heart that you still had to put on a good performance, crowd or not. She still felt a bead of sweat on her brow, worried what the others would think if she didn't give her best performance.

The instant realization that she had no background music threw her off balance for moment, but she quickly recovered, her singing off tune and a literal music atrocity. Her draconic attributes made it possible for her to sing at a much higher volume then anyone else alive. She didn't need speakers to be heard over the (absent) music. She once again took note of her small stage, only shuffling around a little, and using her arms more for the dance section of her singing.

"She's a wild one,
With an angel's face,
She's a woman child in a state of grace,
When she was three years old on her daddy's knee,
He said you can be anything you want to be,
She's a wild one,
Runnin' free."

She finished her mini-set, looking out over the non-existing crowd, hoping to find some kind of reaction. She pouted a little when there wasn't an immediate response of any kind, sitting down on the ledge of the Arch, a tiny frown formed across her delicate features. If Archer had been there, she would have applauded, Lancer quietly told herself.

CatJones CatJones BlightGiver BlightGiver

Shielder and Ana were having fun conversing, while proceeding with the tasks given by the occupied inventor. "I'm reading a lot of mana flow coming from underground." Da Vinci informed everyone over the comms, running occasional diagnostics to ensure all detecting devices were functioning optimally. It was just then that Elizabeth had started her little preliminary distraction over at the Wellington Arch, loud enough to be heard all the way at Clocktower and beyond. The intention of drawing out enemy forces would turn out to be a rousing success, as corruption spewed into the Thames from underneath Clocktower. "Oh dear, that isn't good." Da Vinci obviously stated, looking over at Shielder's and Ana's monitors. The corrosive liquid performed it's usual trickery; launching globules of itself up onto the bridge, enemies started to take shape. But, unlike the diverse enemies from earlier, this group seemed more uniform. Almost like less thought was put into them, focusing more on quantity over quality. Nonetheless, this steadily growing number reshaped in twisted forms; undead walking on all fours, upside down. Limbs and necks twisted, almost resembling a demented version of the crab walk. It wouldn't be so bad, if not for the fact they looked upward; no, not upward, but at Da Vinci herself. 'Can they- No, that's impossible.' She denied, shaking her head and ducking down so that she would not be visible in front of her monitor.

Meanwhile, Archman was flabbergasted by how Alexandria spoke to him; but she had walked off in a hurry. "Hard to increase security any further when it seems to be ineffective against super powerful entities like her. We don't usually deal with deities around here." He joked to himself. "And so much for an identity, you can say your name and titles all you want, but how are we supposed to know anything without prior knowledge." Roman has looked through Chaldea's personnel and historical figures files before, having seen nothing that even came close to resembling the information Alexandria has given him. "Quite possibly, she is mistaking us for another Chaldea." Nonetheless, Roman contacted security to keep a close watch on their (now officially classified) intruder. "Didn't want to have to do this the hard way, but we'll have to expel her from the premises at all costs." He quietly proclaimed, with a shrug of the shoulders. In the meantime, he'll alert more personnel to search through files for Alexandria, in case he missed any in prior searches. The doctor smirked and shook his head as the intruder finally left his view.

Fou was currently enjoying himself; he had managed to find something that took his attention. In front of him, the air seems a bit wavy. Sticking his paw into it, the cute little creature notices his appendage going through the same thing. It didn't hurt; it was completely normal, like the space itself was being manipulated. He didn't realize that Alexandria was looking for him, or the fact she was easily closing in on him. She was only a floor below him, on the other side of it, but she would have no trouble catching up to Chaldea's mascot and his newfound curiosity.

Lucas' decision to stay outside to help was a noble one, Skorl noted, wishing that he'd be able to do the same; but didn't feel like putting up with Raikou's antics right now. "Let us know if you'd need additional backup." He told Archer's master, before going inside the ship for good. Raikou, on the other hand, stayed outside like a faithful guard dog; her eyes kept scanning everything visible within 100 meters, actually that's just how good she believes her observation is. It couldn't be farther from the truth. Over on the bridge, Tokugawa had reached more than halfway when the quadrupedal undead formed behind her. Cut off from the rest of the group, this contingent was small, but would serve as good fodder right now as more were on the way. Raikou noticed this later than she should have, telling Lucas to inform Archer that Lancer's distraction was already working.

Dragonruby Dragonruby CatJones CatJones TelisOldfield TelisOldfield Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire Syvvaris Syvvaris

Over at clocktower, Archer had stopped right in front of the veil covering up the landmark's true appearance. It noticeably wavered here and there, like a reflective blanket. It's amazing how normal people walking by wouldn't notice this disturbance. Suddenly, the veil bulged outward a bit, followed by a rush of air and mana going out past Archer. One can say it is akin to the breath of a ferocious beast, waiting somewhere inside now that it has awoken.

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Cacophonous static sounded over the speakers of the Dun Stallion II during Lancer's aweful accapella of Faith Hill's Wild One. Luckily, John didn't have to hear the dreadful rendition without a couple feet of unknown space metal between him and Lancer. "That song didn't deserve that. It really did. What do you say young doe?" John commented to the only Master that had decided to board the Dun Stallion. Of course it had to be one that he had a moral dilema with.

Dozens of monitors around the ship searched around the area of the Clocktower for a response. Finally after a few minutes dozens of deformed zombies popped out from the Thames onto a bridge.They were all doing a backwards bear crawl with their heads twisted and looking to the sky. A fairly unsettling image that John could have went his life without seeing. It seemed the Chaldea Servants were going to get what they wanted, and until he found the weapons it was time to finish his slight beef with the pink haired Master.

"An unsettling calm before the storm." John commented and turned to the Skorl, "Kleine meid, do you think we can solve this problem without losing another life?" John asked with a heavy Dutch accent.

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire BlightGiver BlightGiver

Users who are viewing this thread

Back