• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/No Order IC

Archer's dreams of seeing the inside Lanesborough would not come to fruition at this moment; further up ahead stood the clocktower, majestic as usual. No matter what era, the locale was iconic and full of splendor. Ok, except for maybe this time. Normal people wouldn't see it, but mages can; what should be the view of the clocktower was obviously a fake one. Seeming to be more of a mirage or canvas of what it used to look like, surrounding the landmark. Here and there, light reflected off at weird angles of an apparent field or substance. Additionally, there was a large flow of mana, coming from the landmark and traveling down into the ground. If anything else, it definitely looked like that's where the anomaly would be found. Da Vinci noted how Archer was viewing the hotel, however. Another mental note was added to her list, along with forging a replica of that bone sword for John.
MocaPoka MocaPoka

"Tea, with you and Archer?" Raikou was surprised that she'd be invited to a social gathering. Nonetheless, the Berserker couldn't help but agree to the plan, knowing that she'd get to spend time with the cute lancer in the future. "There you go with that overbearing gaze again, Raikou." Skorl informed the her the Berserker quickly cut it out. The two followed after Barr and Elizabeth; having decided that speaking any further with Roman's "guest" would be a waste of precious air. "Some people, I tell you." He grumbled, loud enough to only be heard by Raikou at his side. "What do you think we'll find out at Wellington Park?" Skorl called to the Lancer pair further up ahead, who had gotten quite a headstart.

TelisOldfield TelisOldfield

"I think I may have heard of Ishtar and Tohsaka Shirou,but not the other two. I think Tohsaka is a name of a magus family, no I'm sure of it but I have no idea who is in it." John admitted his ignorance. "How would you you know this? Did you have a fling with Saber and didn't tell me? I'm sure a woman like you could warm the heart of stoic knight." a soft chuckle came from Jon, " I'm sure her romances with them were steamy and pleasurable, but can she or you top a night tag-teaming four Romanian women with your best boy while high on ecstasy?" His mind went to one of his many exploits while he was in college in Amsterdam. There has been dozens of nights he didn't remember, but there were dozens upon dozens of nights that he remembered and were only a dream of married men and the socially awkward his mind went to one of his many exploit while he was in college and Amsterdam. They're has been doesn't of nights he did it remember, but they're were doesn't upon doesn't of night that he remembered and only a dream of married men and the socially awkward.

" Iron chain belts would pull down my pants faster, plus I could just unzip then pull it out." his heart dropped when she mentioned near-death or in dire need, it was as if she was saying only if you were the last man on Earth. " I think a honeymoon suite in an expensive hotel with you asking it with Neko ears and you saying nyan would be much more pleasant experience. If I could sweep you off your feet like a Damsel in Distress." he jokingly revealed a fantasy he has with her. "You know I can transfer Manitou you through touch alone, so your nightmare of having relations of me on your deathbed can't be erased." John referred to his empathic spell transference of a body state, which was of course a last resort for giving her energy.

As much as he was enjoying his conversation with his servant, he couldn't help eavesdrop on the interesting conversation happening in child areas control room between dr. Roman, Da Vinci and another woman. There was way too many technical terms and name drops that John was slightly confused of what was happening. Isn't Solomon one of the Kings of Israel? What was THOTH? They also mentioned a myriad of other systems that he knew came together to create the miracle of Childea as Mission and operations but he was very out of the circle of what each did and how they worked. There was way too many Technical turns and name drops that John was slightly confused of what was happening. most of it didn't concern him with the exception of DaVinci's condolences to saber and the Rendezvous point.

"Did you hear that, jun lost his life. We are also heading towards Wellington Arch." John looked behind him as he normally would and noticed a clone of his serrvant except it was gloomy and wearing an armored skirt. "Looks like sbaer has found us. He told Assassin with concern and walked slower so she could catch up.

"My condolences for your loss, can I do anything for you?" John asked the dark knight once she had caught up to him. whether assassin did or did not approve of John's attempt of compassion towards the night, he did not care. There was at least one benefit of her showing up, he could use her as the sword and shield should they be attacked while his servant would be the unseen dagger.

CatJones CatJones Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

Last edited:
Fancy that. Alexandria actually got the last word in that time; both times even. It was nice to see that not all servants and masters/people they were probably sleeping with were all bad. Of course, the fact that they were sleeping with spirits meant that they were that desperate or they were inherently horrible magi but she could forgive that. She would take her victory graciously, she really didn't find it necessary to continue such a conversation. People were just so fun and it was always a treat studying them, but she had ample opportunity to dissect them, if only verbally. She was content with watching the little masters and servants scurry about through the Observer when another deigned it appropriate to address her.

THOTH, who is this? Take from the FATE database if you have to. Curious, and she thought that security was their only problem here; maybe they should follow regulation more closely. Protocol was followed for a reason, and if a simple thing such as registration was overlooked, there would be many more problems that could potentially come out of the woodwork. Ah, thank you. All she needed was a name, and though this one was much too lazy to input her's in -a travesty of the highest order considering her identity- there were cameras in the summoning room for a reason. Her next words to an Archer nearby simply served as confirmation.

"Ah, Tokugawa-dono, I would like to offer that it is my job to make sure that THOTH running smoothly until now and I've been perfectly civil." Her tone did not change, still the bright and chipper voice she had been using, well before she had to counter Leonardo's barb at least. "I would have to deny you're statement; this facility isn't exactly safe, the threats are very much proportionate to what your facing, especially when someone figures out that we've imitated Magic with a code. And though I agree that the Observer sees a great deal, how masters and servants conduct themselves in the combat at their discretion. Anything less is more a testament to their skill than anything else."

"When will THOTH be available for diagnostic examination?"Alexandria returned her attention to the doctor and the inventor. If anyone knew the timetable, it was those two. Surely the wizard marshals, all three directors, and the two known sorcerers couldn't be wrong with trusting humanity with these people.

Then again, she had been given free rein for a reason, she just hoped that it wasn't for this.

CatJones CatJones
BlightGiver BlightGiver

Just a small town girl, living in lonely wa-urld!Lancer casually ruined a classic rock song, while also doing damage to every ear drum within ear shot. She bounced with each step, her dress swaying and bouncing with her. Barr bobbed his head to the song, it was one of his favorites, even if it was being butchered like a helpless lamb. Barr had always wondered what it took to live in Lancer's world, so full of joy even when she was at her most upset. The diminutive Spirit was a case study on her own.

They were both quickly pulled from their reveille, as Berserker and her Master caught up. Barr rapped Lancer on the shoulder, getting her attention, though she was less then enthused in the manner that her got her attention. Skorl asked a simple question, which made Lancer guffaw.

“What are we going to find in a park? Like, are you serious right now? BENCHES. GRASS. TREES. What do you usually find in a park?” She hid her mouth behind her hand, trying to keep a laugh from escaping. “Geez, Berserker, are you sure your piggy isn't a comedian?”

BlightGiver BlightGiver

Mrs. Tokugawa. She had to hide her face for a second, blushing at the title. She had never been called a Mrs. before and it was certainly a new experience. Tokugawa did agree completely that they shouldn't linger for to long and started out in the given directions from their support staff. A stupid grin still plastered on her face. She almost didn't hear him asking about her wounds from the skeletons warriors.

“Oh, yeah, I'm fine. Healing is one of my skills. Was it just me, or did Archer seem a little upset with you?” She asked the questions quickly, hoping to take him off guard and get an unscripted answer. She knew she had little business bumping into someone else's relationship, but she considered Archer a friend, and was hoping to be friends with Lucas as well, and figured this was a good first step. Maybe she was a little envious that they got to have such a close relationship. She admonished herself mentally, still thinking like she was in the Warring States of Japan, where friendship was a commodity that almost no one could afford. She had Archer, at the very least, and Tokugawa severely doubted that she would ever light an entire town on fire and butcher everyone fleeing.

As for the extra person at command, she let it go, knowing that there was little to gain. Someone who refused to give their name was someone who was unwilling to be civil, in her pinon. Anything else said would just have a general depiction of pettiness or slight to it. She would just let it go for now, so long as it didn't become an issue again. Though the strangers decision to call her by name was felt like she showing off her power.

Dragonruby Dragonruby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saber was left with a feeling of melancholy, like a small part of her was missing. She of course dismissed it as nothing more then a lingering connection to her Master. It wasn't a wound, just a lingering thought that was shoved to the back of her mind, and forced to stay there. She wondered briefly if it always felt like that when one loses a master. She focused instead on Assassins master, who had been kind enough to waste condolences on her.

“There is nothing to mourn, your kindness is unnecessary. I simply figure that it would be far simpler for two Servants and a Master to arrive at our destination unharmed, then just a Master Servant pair.” She looked around casually, part of her still surprised by the creations of Man after her time on the Earth. “I presume you have no objections to me accompanying you?”

She assumed that he would be accepting of her assistance, since he seemed to be attracted to anything blond and Saber-faced.

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire Syvvaris Syvvaris

Last edited:
Archer
Archer frowned at the discovery she had made. "Dr. Roman, Madam Da Vinci, please inform the other Servants and Masters that I may have found the source of the anomaly, and to approach the area with caution." Archer didn't know who they were currently arguing with but she hoped her discovery would put a stop to it. "Master I believe I've found the source... the clock tower is concealed in the image of itself in a normal state.... a large flow of magic is seeping into the ground. I'll keep observing and wait for everyone to gather."

They needed to know what exactly was accuring here... and no one was currently around to observe her...

Archer reached into one of the leather containers on her hip and pulled out an item that she hadn't even told the true nature of to Lucas. To her knowledge, all her Master knew was that it absorbed magic; that was all she had told him despite his probing questions at the beginning of their relationship... she often wondered if he knew more than he let on... Masters often just knew things about their Servants... with or without their consent. The item was a clear, palm sized stone with a red streak in the middle; she placed the strange jewel on the hotel's white roof. She summoned a Black Key and without warning slashed the flesh of her palm with the blade. Showing no signs of pain, she let the flowing blood drip onto the clear stone. It "woke up" and began draining mana from the area, storing and feeding.

She dismissed the Black Key and focused on the mana gathering into the stone. She wouldn't have time to gather much for actual use... but maybe she could get a feel for the energy flowing from the clocktower. If it was evil, malicious, well intentioned, natural or man made. Every magic and energy had a color or feeling... she just had to focus on the cursed jewel feeding on the absorbed magic...

Dragonruby Dragonruby BlightGiver BlightGiver

Last edited:
A bit too focused on his thoughts and trying to get to the rendezvous point, Lucas missed Tokugawa grinning and blushing like a fool. Likely a good thing too, since it would've very probably have left Lucas simply questioning the wrong things. His eyes are directed towards their destination, growing closer in the distance when Avenger's question hits him, almost missing it with it tacked on so closely to the end of another statement.

"Huh? Upset?" He asks at first, glancing back at her before turning away to hide a flustered frown. "She... I..." He gives a sigh. "We bicker like that from time to time... It's nothing you need to concern yourself with. She just... Rebecca worries too much. She likes to think of herself as my caretaker a little too often. That's all." It was a little embarrassing to admit such a thing to someone who was essentially a stranger, but it didn't feel bad to let such a feeling off his chest. "I know she means well, but I have things I have to do myself too. It'd be unfair to have her watch over me forever. I'm glad she's met you though, and I hope you can take care of her where I can't..."

Lucas suddenly stops, tilting his head as he gets Archer's message. He gives Avenger a more serious look now as he says, "It sounds like she might've found whatever's causing the problem here... Or at least a symptom if nothing else. Let's hurry." The man breaks into a jog, eager to get to their rendezvous now.

MocaPoka MocaPoka CatJones CatJones

“Isn't that part of friendship though? Looking after one another?” Tokugawa joined him in his jog, keeping one hand on her sword to keep it from bouncing out of its cloth belt. She found his pace a little slow, but she stayed with him, for both the conversation and the unsaid promise of keeping Lucas safe. She was sure he was more then capable of defending himself, but she could understand something in particular, a sense of similarity in the situations.

“Maybe it's because you're precious to her. I once had a friend who meant the world to me, I didn't see them as a lover, but I betrayed my lord to stay with them. Back then, that was a massive decision made with stark connotations.” She wasn't exactly sure if the sentiment was right, but she felt like it was close. “And that you want to make sure they're safe because of it. But maybe we should drop it, it's a heavy topic, and it was rude of me to have brought it up. I apologize.”

Tokugawa met his stride, smiling to the side at him. “I may not be your servant, but I'll be your friend if you'll have me. I know it sounds a little strange for a servant to say, but I suppose I'm a little strange too."

Dragonruby Dragonruby

Skorl grimaced at Elizabeth's rather blunt reply to his question, necessitating imagination. "Heh, that's the last time I try and make small talk with a-" Raikou put her hand over Skorl's mouth and picked him up, so as not to antagonize the pop idol. "Uhm, excuse me!" He tried to mumble, struggling slightly as the Berserker did not let him go. "You should conserve your energy for battle, master. No point being exhausted beforehand due to travel." She explained, knowing full well that making one's allies not want to work with you was a terrible idea. "I apologize in advance for anything my silly master was going to say." She said to Elizabeth. "For anything I was going to say? Oh, I'm going to have a lot to say to you when I'm free." The pink haired master calmly declared, though his words were still incomprehensible. Da Vinci chuckled at this turn of events for the pair; a bit of humor was just what she needed right now.

Archer's attempt of detecting the clocktower's mana went off without issue; sure enough, magic from the landmark was indeed flowing into her stone. Successfully, she'd be able to see the affinity of the mana; hopefully to better aide her comrades and Chaldea's research. The first noticeable trait was that the mana was indeed coming from within the tower, as previously assumed; flowing outward in all directions, except up. This would help account for the movement of the corruption around the city, spawning the undead creatures faced earlier. But this was only the tip of the iceberg; more could still be learned. And that's what would definitely happen, if not for the mana going into Archer's stone being pulled back to Big Ben; whatever was there, it noticed her presence. With the magic going back, it would now be clear to Archer the true nature of this; death, destruction, madness, or what could be described as the very nature of evil was imbued within the anomaly's magic. Perhaps it no longer cared if someone found this out, or it was merely presenting itself as a scare tactic; saving it's energy for destruction would be a smart move.

MocaPoka MocaPoka

"Honestly, all diagnostics should be saved for when they return from rayshift; at least, I'd feel more comfortable waiting until then." Doctor Roman explained to Alexandria. "Though, I'm not sure why you'd be interested in our systems. We really should have you questioned thoroughly; and I don't mean that as an intimidation. I just can't decipher you at all." Roman was more open to calm discussion for a while, since the masters and their servants were safely traveling to their rendezvous point. He just can't help but have his attention pulled to someone in need, when the situation arises. "Are you a lone servant? Or a lost mage, brought somewhere strange via their own experiments?" the doctor inquired of the more formal woman before them.

BearBearBear BearBearBear

Lucas grumbles slightly at Tokugawa's words. Of course he understood what she was saying, he'd known that from the very beginning. Archer only worried because she cared, but that didn't mean they weren't going to argue or disagree about things. "I know, I know..."

He was glad when she dropped the topic, but was given a surprise when she smiled back at him. Lucas almost stumbled at her words, blinking back at her in shock. He hadn't been expecting that as a response. It wasn't necessarily that Lucas had been friendless all his life, but... Well, his time in the Clocktower hadn't exactly accumulated him many friendly relations, as he usually saw his peers as people to try and overcome or compete against, which transferred rather similarly to Chaldea. For a Servant to simply, and earnestly, ask to be his friend was never something Lucas had considered to be possible. Doubt flickered through his mind. Was she simply asking due to her friendship with Rebecca? A mere token effort out of courtesy for his Servant? For someone to ask him this was almost foreign to Lucas, but he quickly realized he'd been quiet for too long and had to give a response. "Ah! Um... Yea, we can be friends! I think I'd enjoy that," he replies with a quick smile. "Archer always tells me I should make more friends."

CatJones CatJones

"You mean I get to have two amazing women guard me? This seems like a start of a great dream." John accepted her request in his typical charming statements. "I do love plot twists. Two women with discourse between them coming together for the good of Man." His chosen words had the possibility of coming off as a sexual innuendo, he did mean the situation they had been placed in. Assassin's hatred for Sabers was known to him and may be known to the other servants, but he hoped this dark knight wouldn't harbor resentment towards his servant's personality.

"Kindness is necessary. You can catch more bees with honey." John's heart sank at the confession of Saber's lack of feeling towards her Master. Though he did feel thankful that his relationship with Assassin was blissful, at least that what he thought. "I'm sure in your hayday that you used kindness and courtesy to win the hearts of your charge. Since kindness can lead to love and willful servitude to their King or Queen." John wanted to see a softer face on this stoic dark knight, and didn't mean to try to lecture her.

"You know, Assassin mention we should find you. I guess she is worred about my safety. What do you think?" John commented and gave Saber a soft smile.

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire CatJones CatJones

Assassin

Assassin did not count on Saber finding them, but regardless, she kept her presence concealed. She can not defeat Saber here, in Londinium, her very own territory. The very lore and history of the land gave her power, almost enough to defeat even Divine Heroic Spirits. It was reassuring that she was on their side.

"Hmph! Flirting with my worst enemy in front of me! How despicable, Master. I'd like for you to keep your sexual fantasies to yourself. There has only ever been one Saber that I have taken a liking to, and it did not end in conquest. She was Saber Lily. Innocent and pure.
This particular Saber, however is too famous to miss. Emiya Shirou, the most skilled user of Projection..."

She kept an eye on both her Master and Saber, making sure the latter did nothing treacherous, while ensuring the former kept his hands to himself.

"Have you been ignoring the books I sent to your room, Master? Every Heroic Spirit summoned and every Grail War ever waged were in those books. The Holy Grail War is a battle of information, you know? Honestly! You would know Emiya also encountered Avenger, and about Angra Mainyu, the first Avenger.... No, this is not a movie reference..."

She huffed in exasperation. She was sensing strange vibrations in the air, and her instincts flared. Something was close. Very, very close. Clock Tower loomed ahead, and in it was an ominous presence. It should be similar to what she read about the Fifth Fuyuki War. A sanctuary that deflected spirits.

"Please read them when we get back. Also, tell Saber-no, I am not talking to her-that if she tries anything, she will face the same fate as her Master."

She had assumed his answer would be a yes. He had no reason to say no, and her intentions were pure. She was looking to be kinder in this life then she had had the chance to be in the previous one. Mistakes had been made, and this was her chance to make up for them. She allowed a friendly quiet to pass over them, keeping up with his pace rather easily. In the distance she could make out the shape of the Arch. It was one of the many wonderful architectures of the Western World.

“There that is. Where's Archer perched at?” Her head turned in nearly every direction, looking for the girl in question. She had gotten ahead, and with the sudden need to pick up their pace, it was a good idea to find her quick. Being alone in enemy territory was a dangerous thing. She found her hand traveling to her sword, holding it, ready for anything.

Dragonruby Dragonruby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saber let Assassins master babble, keeping up her casual glare, letting him revel in his hope that she and Assassin would at least get along. To be fair, Saber had no issue with Assassin, they clung to their ideals, every action and decision obviously wrought from what the believed in. She could respect that, even if it meant that she was in path of Assassins blades. They were both Heroic Spirits, serving the same cause, in their own unique ways. Saber saw no reason the two of them couldn't get along, even through just ambivalence.

Johns next statement that she used kindness and courtesy to win over others, left her less then pleased. She had once used those methods, but had abandoned them long ago. Her history was nothing to her. A series of mistakes leading to a monarch who was powerful enough to truly be called King of Dragons. She began to walk again, following the path set by Da Vinci, and assuming that he would follow.

“Yes, once, I hosted great feasts and housed the most splendid and grand guests, entertaining and pleasing them as best I could. In time, the court became unruly, Lancelot began to fall to his own desires and legend. Mordred caused a stir of his own, claiming to be my son. I never faltered on the outside, but in passing into what I thought was to be the next life, I was instead pulled into the grail. It tried to preserve the true Artoria, and split all the negative thoughts and doubt from her. Thus, I was born. I have no interest in kindness nor hope or sympathy. I am a sword who does not need a sheath.” She stopped her rambling, answering an unexpected question.

“Assassin? I doubt she was worried, just keeping her target in sight.” She finished, still walking towards her objective.

Last edited:
"Simply put, THOTH is one of the Contracts in a manner of speaking; though it does not give Chaldea the right to demand anything of Atlas, it is something that would make us more inclined to aid Chaldea should the worst come to the worst. In return, we alchemists would have the right to take data and run diagnostics on it should we deem it necessary." Alexandria explained, with a hint of respect -they were finally listening rather than simply yelling nonsense.

"Of course, the best of us, Director and Vice Director Atlasia, could access from our terminal in Egypt if they wish, but doing so would kill every master and servant undergoing rayshift at the time. I stopped by to make sure that such an tragedy doesn't come to pass." THOTH's diagnostics would require Alexandria to shut it down, and though Chaldea should have a backup mainframe in place, the role of Observer couldn't be filled now that Romani was confirmed not to be Solomon. That would mean Gaia could do anything she wanted to the souls of poor masters and servants stranded across time, and no one wanted that. "I would admit though, I have a personal interest in the Mainframe. Monitoring the largest nexus of pure either this side of the current world would be somewhat of a treat for any researcher worth his of her salt, and seeing how it evolved through its time here would be... nice. It'll be like watching a puppy growing up."

Her thoughts went to how much THOTH had grown, but she couldn't help but think of her last 'dog', when it came right down to it. Her happy memories, and some of the most defining events in her life flew past, but her nostalgia was ruined when the doctor opened his mouth. Everything was going so well, Alexandria finally shut the annoying pink-haired man up, she silenced the temperamental Damiyo of Nippon, and she was finally making some headway with the good doctor and his -maybe?- servant. And then he just had to insult her to her face.

She sighed. Normally her reputation preceded her but once more she had to note that the idiom 'living under a rock' may have likened to living in the south pole.

"You know, Archaman, I've named myself. Your not knowing who I am is no fault of mine; and I purposely made my way here, thank you very much. I'm not as careless as Alcatraz, though the title of Comedian is quite attractive; it's nice that we've come to an agreement, he's much more amicable than the wizard marshal." Alexandria shook her head, her thoughts coming back to the present from the depths of reminiscence. "I am a magus, not a being of Mystery; it's so much more fun that way." Suddenly, a stray thought flew from her mouth. "Incidentally, why haven't you claimed the title of magus yourself? Surely you have the resources to overcome your lack of circuits now?"

BlightGiver BlightGiver

Barr watched as Elizabeth simply waved off Berserkers apology for her master's attitude. She was willing to look the other way so long as she got what she wanted, closer to the tall, buxom Berserker. Lancer had stopped skipping, merely walking now, and occasionally looking back at the two masters and servant, almost as if she was a mother duck checking on her ducklings. She grinned again, before turning away and leading the way for the rest of the group.

“So, Berserker and her Master, you two seem pretty intimate with each other. Are you two...dating? Are you ~looovvveeerrrsss~?” Her mischievous grin was stuck on her face, unable to be removed now. Barr let out a shallow sigh, not surprised by the line of questioning. The two were very willing to be in the others personal space, and it wasn't uncommon for Masters and Servants to find themselves compatible with each other in ways that had nothing to do with battle.

He was one of the few who had enough of a docile personality that almost any servant could find him agreeable. Lancer especially found him easy to manipulate and work with. His own situation was more akin to a Manager or a cousin then a friend. Barr watched her, ready yo intervene if her line of questioning went to far, as it often did.

BlightGiver BlightGiver

Roman grimaced at Alexandria go off on a bit of a tangent about Alcatraz or something. "Is she a prisoner from there, then?" He wondered, growing increasingly more worried. One thing was for sure, however; this Alexandria was very full of herself. And then, an unexpected question arose, "Become a magus? Honestly, I've never really thought about it." he explained. "Dwelling on that idea now, I don't think I would want to. It's too much pressure for me; that's why I respect all of our magic users so highly. Able to react to any threat accordingly, being capable through their minor abilities alone; that's not me. I'm just a doctor; looking after people's health and healing them when they're hurt. Couldn't be more content with what I am now."

Elizabeth's rather absurd question didn't sit too kindly with Skorl; especially sine Raikou was the one apparently speaking for the both of them right now. "Don't say something you'll regret." he tried to warn the Berserker. But, it would seem she had fallen into the trap. "Lovers?" she exclaimed, blushing and looking down at her master. He knew she was having a field day with that new thought in her head. "No, we're not like that", Raikou explained, much to Skorl's relief. But the Berserker continued, "I do wish differently, though. Looking after my master is a full time job; it'd be easier for the both of us if we had that relationship. The closest we have to that is being in rooms right next to each other. Although, I was told my master did go in my room earlier...." Skorl was not liking this; she was misconstruing what happened entirely.

Archer
Death and madness... that was the nature of this magic. A soulless beast that sought nothing but the destruction of everything worth being. It reminded her of... no she wouldn't think of it. Archer's eyes went to her blood covered jewel. Reaching and pulling, starving and consuming; at least it was trying to. The largest source of magic had been pulled back into Big Ben, no longer within the jewel's reach.

Archer felt an icy dread settle in her chest as she thought of the death and madness she had experienced... the source had to be cleansed. But first, her active jewel was still an issue. Stil desperately trying to consume the evil magic; it would be a distraction and problem she couldn't afford to manage right now. Summoning another Black Key she cut her palm again, adding too the flowing red rivers that now stained the hotel's once prestine white roof.

Letting her blood fall on the clear stone she willed it back to slumber; unfortunaly it did not wish to sleep after so little a feast. She feared she would have to offer it more and readied herself for another slash... luckly it sucumbed and slumbered once again. Sighing in relief, Archer picked up the bloody jewel with her equally bloody fingers and hid it away from the world once more in her leather container.

Looking at her bloody palm, she decided despite the questions she was sure would be asked, she needed healing from Lucas. The two fairly deep cuts were not severe injures, but they could still affect her aim with her bow. This location was no longer safe as well if the evil magic had detected her. Leaping to another building she searched for a new lookout position but stopped her search when she spotted Avenger jogging into the area with Lucas a ways behind her.

Smiling in relief, Archer waved at the two and jumped down into a nearby alleyway just outside the park. When she hit the floor of the alleyway she realised she had accidentally waved with her bloody hand... oopsie. Hopefully she hadn't worried them.

Dragonruby Dragonruby CatJones CatJones

Archer seemed to suddenly appear, standing on one of the many roofs in the area, overlooking the streets and arch in the distance. She gave them a warm smile, but crimson in the midday sun was a powerfully visible, even at a good distance. Tokugawa noticed it, and was sure that Lucas had as well. A minute part of her felt worried that her friend had been in danger, but at the same time, if she had been in danger, then she had already dealt with the threat on her own. That was deserving of kudos all on it's own, if she had.

Tokugawa slowed down, letting Lucas take the lead as they made their way to the petite bowwoman. As Tokugawa approached, she gave her friend a warm smile, slowing to a walk and letting Lucas take the lead. She was excited to talk to her friend again, but she also knew that a Servant and Master bond was far more important. She wouldn't be a third wheel in their routine. She kept an easy distance, far enouugh away that they could talk, but close enough that it wasn't awkward between the two.She let her hands fall behind her back as she waited, patiently.

MocaPoka MocaPoka Dragonruby Dragonruby

”I am trying to consol this poor woman, who is trying to figure out how to deal with the loss of her Master.” John corrected his servant's accusation of him flirting with Saber. He was trying to get a reaction out of her and failed to get the one he wanted. She just gave him the same plain glare the entire time he talked.

”Though it was your challenge of my sexual exploits that brought up that pleasant coked up memory of mine. I am from Amsterdam, one of the biggest sin cities in the world. There’s a lot going on there that could make you blush.” John contested her idea that his memory was just a sexual fantasy. There were many other conquests he could declare, but her subject change to the unconquered books of history that laid around his room as decor. ”There’s no time in my schedule to read those boring books. I enjoy my busy schedule of smoking, joking, and napping with one of the cafeteria workers. I bet it would surprise you that she is a brunette and not a blonde.”

John’s eyes diverted to the buzz-killer to his left and listened attentively to her recall of the past. Her legend as King Arthur was known by many either by book, play, poem, movie or by word of mouth. It was a shame that such a great King would lose control of their court, their best friend, and their son. Though it was not a shame to know that one of the greatest men was a beautiful woman, if this was well known to the world King Artoria would be praised just as highly as Jeane de Arc. ”Kingdoms, empires and governments follow the same rules as tossing a ball in the air. What goes up, must come down. It was saddening at the end of the book I read about you when it tales of the troubles you and your knights went through. Especailly at the end when you and your son Mordred fought one another.” John didn’t wish to pry, well he did. He wanted to get a rise or break this knight’s bearing, a dangerous game if he was not careful enough. ”In the legend and history our world believed you to be a man. It makes sense that Mordred would claim to be your son and you to deny him, if you were a man. Either the grail is having a laugh by making you into a woman or you were a woman in real life. In which I don’t see how you could deny someone being your child since you must have birthed him.”

”I’ve never been in a Grail War and this one doesn’t count. We’re just here to fix a problem, and no I don’t know Emiya, Angra Mainyu or Avenger-Sama’s past. We’re all in the present and we should focus on it and look to the future.” John switched his attention back to his servant, though the Marvel cinema was on point for the past decade. He wondered if Assassin or Saber would like to see them. ”How about you read them to me? Maybe I’ll buy you cute outfits so you can wear them while you read them to me? You know, to keep my interest.”

”You don’t have to belittle yourself into such a simple purpose as being a sword. Even if your former Master was going to use you as one, you can still take the time and form bonds with the other servants and personel at Chaldea and during missions. Take this opportunity as a second chance at life, serving humanity and the world. This time without having to worry about ruling.” John switched back to Saber. From his memory they should be within a block or so of the park with the Wellington Arch. There should be the other Masters and their Servants. ”Don’t worry about Assassin, I mean unless you want to mess with you and be more affectionate towards me. She gets really jealous when I talk to other women, that’s why she gave you that snarl back in the Atrium. She thinks you’re really pretty and that I’d fall for a more stoic version of her.”

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire CatJones CatJones BlightGiver BlightGiver

"Ah... She said she was on top of a hotel... Er..." Lucas looked around, searching for the building. Archer had told him the name of it earlier, but not it's exact location. Luckily, he didn't need to look very hard, as Archer decided to come to meet them instead.

"There she is!" The man says cheerfully, quickly waving back as he goes to meet her, before his eyes spot the blood coating her open hand. The sight of it has him rushing over to her quickly, nearly forgetting about Tokugawa behind him as he snatches Archer's hands in his own in order to look at the blood that streaks her palm. "What the-!? When did this happen? Were you hurt in the fighting? Why didn't you tell me?" Lucas asks her quickly. He wasn't particularly worried about the wound, after all, Servants were made of tougher stuff, but he'd been unaware that Archer had been injured at all. Furthermore, considering their foe, he wouldn't be surprised if they stooped as far as to use poisons or other nefarious methods. "Are you feeling dizzy at all? Or nauseous?"

MocaPoka MocaPoka CatJones CatJones

Assassin
Assassin wanted so much to hit her Master in frustration, but she held back for three reasons. One is that she may accidentally decapitate her Master, which was bad. Two is that she was more irritated for at herself for not finishing the Saber back at home. Three is that she was actually happy with her arrangements. But still, she wanted her Master to be more competent. His survival is the same as hers.

"Master, one, I am not jealous when you talk to other women. Two, I am NOT jealous of that black Saber." If she was not concealed, she could be seen with a faint red on her cheeks. " Three, fine, I will read them to you in any attire that you wish. Your fate is my fate, so I need you to survive with the knowledge. Should I start now?"

She saw the Wellington Arch come closer as they moved, hoping that other Masters are there as well. She had a plan in mind which was almost 100% doomed to be rejected because, well, it involved being sneaky, setting traps, and Lancer singing.

"Ok, from the beginning, three families of magi gathered together for the same dream, to reach The Root, The Makiri which would later be know as Matou, The humonculi Einzberns, and the Tohsakas. They would later create what we know as a 'Holy Grail...."

The smirk of the haughty pop idol grew to epic proportions. Berserker admitted want for her Master was like bad tabloid magazines to the small servant. Her mind whirled at all the possible implications of Skorl entering his Servants room without her knowledge. Was he a perverted miscreant? Or maybe he had left a love letter and the mission had ruined his plan to admit his carnal love? Lancer felt dizzy, almost having a misstep into the road and into oncoming traffic.

“Oh my. Oh my! This is to good. Unrequited love and devotion beyond the mortal coil. This is the kind of story that teen girls dream of. What did he find in your room? A shrine to him? All the disgusting love letters you wrote to him but threw away for fear of how lust filled they were?” Lancer was in full gossip mode, having spun around, hugging herself tightly at all the possible implications being made. She wanted to know everything, nothing held back. She walked side by side with Berserker, her eyes unfocused in something resembling a day dream. The arch and park they were looking for was getting closer and closer, but Lancer couldn't seem to even notice it.

BlightGiver BlightGiver

Alexandria was used to being wrong; she was a researcher after all and being wrong was a sign progress. But the degree of how wrong she was rarely reached this level of... well... she was feeling that the whole world had turned on it's head.

This was the boy who grew alongside the Head of Animusphere? This was the one regular human -he did not possess circuits of any sort- who was granted entrance into the moonlight world under the protection of the Head of Astronomy? It didn't really matter to Alexandria that the doctor didn't know her name -though still continuing to question her identity after she affirmed her purpose thrice was grating- if he didn't even know the identity of the Twenty Seventh, one of the three who could step before the Red then he was terminally ignorant. In any other situation she would take steps to rectify this, but seeing as how her explanations were met with unreasonable defensiveness, she would hold her tongue.

It had nothing to do with Alexandria, and she loved learning rather than teaching.

Despite his apparent ignorance regarding the Moonlit World, Alexandria couldn't help but respect his attitude. He was a simple cog and he knew it, but despite this knowledge he did not seek to alter his destiny. He didn't want to be able to repair the body with a word or restore the soul with but a gesture. He seemed content with his lot in life, and that was something to be admired especially in the world where one could live or die for matters of pride.

"You give them too much credit." Alexandria glanced at their records, and when it came to magecraft alone, she had seen children do better. Better people could make Chaldea Impenetrable and she had bled with some of the best Masters the world had ever known. "Though I would agree that their resolve is something to be imitated. Despite the safety net we provided, there is something to be said about those who would willingly face the very World for the sake of Humanity. Should they prove stronger, I wouldn't be remiss in calling them counter guardians, or at least our versions of them."

BlightGiver BlightGiver

Saber was used to people trying to make sense of the intricacies of the monarchy, grasping at the ever fleeting straw that was leadership. It was easy to make assumptions or hold a belief about how government worked, but to have never held that power left one in the dark, with only a spattering of light to reveal the truth of it all.

“To say that, that governments eventually fall, is madness. Especially considering where we stand. I united this land, and though my death ended a passage in time, England remained a kingdom. It still exists in the same name as it was in my time. As for the Round Table, it was to many voices in a place that needed only one. A king rules alone. Help is temporary, and when allowed to linger, turns into misery.”

She wasn't proud of how the situation with Mordred had ended, but there was little she could do about it now, aside from correcting John on what really happened.

“With Mordred, it was like seeing yourself, but twisted. I strove to make a kingdom that would ensure the survival of my people. Mordred was a dog who lusted to be the alpha, wanting power without knowing what it was. A child with their fathers sword, cutting off their own fingers to test the sharpness. And as for my 'son'. I was the father. I gave something resembling seed. Unwillingly, I might add.”

He seemed distracted, or distraught, from the conversation. Saber knew she had that affect on people, but it was usually from their own weakness or inability to see past her power. He was still trying to be warm and friendly, telling her not to belittle herself and that they could be more warm with another. It almost made her scoff.

“Your kindness is, once again, wasted. I was born into this body with the inability to feel for others.” She paused for a moment, noticing Avenger, Archer and her Master nearby, huddled together. “Though, I suppose that even a dead fire can still bear some warmth in its embers. Very well, I shall attempt to be 'more bonded' with others. And you may keep Assassin. Her hatred for me is her own matter, I have no interest in fueling her dislike of me.”

The Berserker also started blushing at Elizabeth's response, placing a hand on her cheek to hide her embarrassment. This freed her master's mouth, allowing him to explain himself. "Ugh, I'm sorry, Elizabeth. Raikou is miscommunicating entirely here. I never went in; she had merely left her door open, so I needed to close it." Looking at his servant's face, Skorl quietly hissed, "Don't you dare say what you have in there." Although this was not loud enough to be heard by Lancer, Raikou's madness showed itself once more when she loudly said, "Don't worry, master. I won't speak about that cute bikini I acquired to show you." She covered her mouth, instantly forgetting she was just supposed to whisper that to her master. "Ugh, Berserker's like Lancelot wouldn't do this!" Skorl gave his trademark complaint. "Don't construe this as something it's not." He told the pop idol, who was enjoying this way too much. "Can we just get going to the damned meetup point, please?" Skorl requested, not happy that he was stuck with this group at that moment. "We can't be dawdling with false gossip while that anomaly is still here."

I'm certain they will very much appreciate that compliment when they return," Roman happily replied to Alexandria's near analogy. "But, I think we've been exchanging pleasantries too much. It's obvious that us and this place are not what you expected; and we in turn, have no idea of the history you speak. If you'd prefer, I will fill you in on what I know, to find out what is so different for you. In return; I'd like the same, but with explanations. Pardon my cautiousness." "If you guys are going to be conversing for a while, would you mind taking it away from here? I'll hold the overwatch for now, but I'd like to concentrate without any background noise." The inventor quipped, looking at the readouts from Archer's examination of clocktower's mana flow. "Oh my..." She whispered, becoming intrigued by the data.

John, Assassin, and Saber were close to Archer, Lucas, and Tokugawa at this point. Oddly enough, as they got closer to the clocktower, there was a noticeable lack of people. It's hard to tell why that would be the case, aside from the location of the anomaly; what did it do. Especially when considering that the rest of the city up till now has been full of traffic and bystanders going about their lives. But this would bring up another implication; why did the undead warriors seemingly go to such lengths to avoid being seen? Sure, the bowman attacked Jun in broad daylight, killing another innocent in the process; but it surely didn't stick around, letting the car's explosion finish him off. All the other combatants had been fought when no one was around, or away from prying eyes. Whatever this all meant, it was clear now that an intelligence was indeed driving the slow destruction of the timeline.

Dragonruby Dragonruby MocaPoka MocaPoka CatJones CatJones Syvvaris Syvvaris Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back