• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/No Order IC

“I’m fine, Archer, really. Yes, I know. No, I don’t need that, I promise I’m good.” Lucas sounded a little exasperated with Archer acting like a mother hen, but to be completely honest, it was reassuring. He was excited for the coming mission, but he had a certain knot in his gut too... Would he mess up? What should he expect? Or maybe he’d end up being too weak and useless. Archer’s presence here with him was comforting, and he was glad to have her as his servant. Even her coddling was a welcome distraction. “Come on Archer, if you keep this up, you’ll end up spoiling me.”

A few momentary second thoughts slipped through Lucas’ mind as he climbed into the rayshifter, but he forced them aside as he did what he could to get comfortable inside of it. Not that he really needed to, as in the next moment, he found himself being transported off to their destination.

“Urgh...” Lucas let out, feeling just a tad naseous as they arrived, stumbling on his feet for a moment before he managed to fight back the feeling. Looking around he couldn’t help but be disoriented for a moment, being whisked away like that. “Back here again, huh...?” He asked himself with a frown. He hadn’t been here back in 1994, but the city was still familiar. Not much really changed in under a decade, after all. He looked around for Archer’s presence before reporting in.

“Lucas Cross here... I’ve arrived fine, but, uh... I don’t think that can be said for everyone else...” Lucas says, giving a glance towards the pair vomiting to the side. “We’re all safe though. Can you give us anything about where we’re supposed to go? Or what we’re looking for?”

MocaPoka MocaPoka

Archer
Archer breathed in the fresh air and opened her eyes to the outer city limits of practically modern London. She was surprised at the intense melancholy that suddenly seeped into her heart at seeing London almost 400 years after her death; things had certainly changed. It was her first time outside of Chaldea as a Servant and she had fantasied about this moment for weeks... but the excitement and joy that usually came with traveling somewhere (or sometime) new... just wasn't there.

She made note that poor Assassin and her Master were sick from the journey... that made the melancholy even worst. Her own journey across the sea had been plagued with almost constant sea sickness. Her Master thankfully seemed fine however and was reporting back to Chaldea, she followed suit. "This is Archer, I've arrived safely as well. Nothing unusual on first glance. If it helps I could detect the amount of magic in the atmosphere... perhaps I could even find a heading for any unusual or unnatural levels or kinds of magics?"

Archer noticed her voice was uncharacteristically monotonous... was returning to England truly effecting her this negatively? She had had so many happy memories here...

Dragonruby Dragonruby BlightGiver BlightGiver

Last edited:
Jun touched down on british soil once again. At first he was overwhelmed by a sense of nausea, he had eaten before he came. However, Jun remembered his balance exercises and quickly fought off his sickness. Looking around, he took note of how many of the buildings still looked the same as they did in the present. Looking around at the other Masters and Servants, Jun took note of how they behaved. Team Lancer was kooky, Team Assassin was throwing up a lot and Team Archer looked kinda stoic. Jun saw Lucas report the successful rayshift to HQ. Knowing he didn't have to make a report, Jun slid back into the shadows.

Making his way toward a familiar looking building, Jun gently rid the air currents to the top. He used Saber to check if anything was happening on the ground while he got a better view of the city from above. Nothing seemed too out of the ordinary. However, Jun knew that this could only mean their foe was either devastatingly powerful or deceptively invisible. This could just be the calm before the storm. Since they had no squad leader, Jun didn't feel bad about disappearing. From atop a water tower, Jun reported to Chaldea that he had no visual on any threats.

He then checked in with Saber again to see if anything was happening down on the ground
CatJones CatJones

The offer to work with the two had been unexpected, but Tokugawa couldn't let herself get tied up with playing lackey to a Master. She was here for her own reasons, and pairing up with just one Master would slow down completing her duty. She shook her head and bowed to the Master and his servant.

“I apologize, but I will be working with every member of this mission. I'll gladly lend you aid in the field, but otherwise, I am already teamed up with completing our objective. I look forward to joining you in battle.”

As they walked away, Tokugawa followed at a short distance, moving to her own rayshifter, overcome with a nervousness as she was about to rayshift for the second time in her life. It was a mostly harmless experience, but newcomers had a tendency to get motion sick after a shift. She closed her eyes and felt she was floating for a moment, before that feeling floated away. Opening her eyes, her locale was now very much different from what she had grown accustomed to. Cheldea had been her first insight into the world since her death around 400 years ago, and the modern world was a peculiar sight to say the least. Taking note of her surroundings, she seemed to have shifted in close proximity to most of the other pairs of Masters and Servants.

Assassin and her master, who were currently preoccupied with expelling their internal organs into the nearby wild life, and the Goth-lolita who had called herself an idol when she had arrived, plus her sullen looking Master. Archer and Lucas were there too, as were Saber and her Master. But as she focused on Lancer, Tokugawa decided now was as good a time as any to introduce herself.

“Pardon me for the field introduction, I'm Tokugawa Ieyasu, Shogun of all of Japan and Daimyo of the Tokugawa clan. Are you two feeling alright? No sickness?” She gave another warm smile, her greeting accompanied with another small bow, not as formal as usual since they were in the field now.

TelisOldfield TelisOldfield

Rayshiftin was an experience on it's own, leaving Saber feeling bile rise in her throat. She came through alright, the bile settling back down as she observed her surroundings. They were in London, the capital of England, though there when she had ruled, London had been the court of a lesser lord. Now it seemed to be a bristling town. Jun looked pale for a second before it passed, an obvious reaction to the rayshifting experience. They weren't the first team to have arrived, as she and Jun both seemed to count their allies.

Lancer, Archer, Assassin, and the newcomer Samurai. She was grateful that they hadn't shifted in away from the them, an enemy attack at the moment would still have the element of surprise, but now they wouldn't have numbers as well. Jun moved away from the group, moving into a nearby alley and out of sight, before using his wind magic to propel himself up it. Saber stayed below, her heavy armor would make fighting up there to cumbersome. Jun called down to her, asking if she had spotted anything yet.

“No. It's quiet down here. I doubt these anomalies were expecting anyone to come in. It's not like when Solomon was alive and directing them.” She called back, keeping her back to a wall, and eliminating how many angles she could be attacked from. “Do you see anything up there?”

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

As everyone began to give their status reports, Skorl too, found himself suffering some slight physical maladies. "Skorl and Raikou here." His Berserker spoke, seeming to not have anything wrong with her. "Master has dropped to one knee to regain his balance; other than that, we're a-okay." "Yeah, yeah; we're fine." Her wobbly master concurred, getting to a proper standing position. His slight loss of balance was gone; perhaps the rayshift didn't have the best affect on his abnormal amount of cerebral magical conduits. Raikou walked over and offered some support, as Skorl took in fresh air and steady himself even further. "The environment looks completely normal; no corruption, decay, darkness, at least in the immediate area." Raikou noted, being more serious now that they were out on the field.

Roman took notes of all the information being told by the Chaldea agents, "John, Assassin; nausea is a common ailment experienced directly after rayshift, even for experienced users. It will pass very shortly, just hang in there for a bit." The doctor reassured the poor pair. Archer suggested she check for higher levels of mana in the area, whilst Jun scouted from higher vantage points. "That'd be great Archer; everything we learn will be very beneficial. And there are no visual threats?" Roman pondered over Jun's observation. "How is the sky looking; and I don't mean around you guys. Check more toward the city for any deviations in the appearance." he recommended. Lancer chimed in with her unique voice, informing of her and Barr's successful rayshift additionally. While the doctor had nothing against Elizabeth, he just felt her pop idol mentality sometimes goes a bit too far. But, he professionally swallows his pride and responds, "That's great, Lancer. Just remember that the people of this city aren't as cultured as you are; thusly, they won't be able to appreciate your singing, in the slightest." Roman suggested, hoping to make the trip easier for the agents, and the people of the time period, that much more bearable. Saber's reply to Jun was heard by Roman and Da Vinci; the latter who took more interest in her words. "It's strange; no defenses, no disturbances. Can we rule out that the anomalies aren't being controlled? I mean, sure, their placement seems deliberate; but once they show up in the timeline, perhaps they are left to their own devices."

Roman shrugged his shoulders, although this could not be seen by any of the agents. "Controlled, natural, left alone; those are moot points currently. We should just learn the nature of these anomalies, before deducing the reason of their existence." Skorl nodded in agreement, mentally choosing between setting up a mana flow detecting crystal, or saving it for later. Yet, with his rather lower skill compared to the servants, he figured to save his tools for now; letting the others show how much more effective they were with reconnaissance. Out in the distance, was the city line of London; the sky above was a standard blue with occasional cloud cover, cars could be seen driving into and around the city lanes if one looked really closely. Suddenly, a small bit of movement between cars occurred; a shadow of sorts, but it was so slight, no one would be able to see without the use of optical devices. The strike, however, was extremely noticeable; a highly pressurized point of atmosphere traveled with great speeds, right at Jun's face. Thankfully, it missed by about a foot and a half; most likely due to the assailant attacking whilst moving quickly, skewing their accuracy slightly.

MocaPoka MocaPoka CatJones CatJones Syvvaris Syvvaris TelisOldfield TelisOldfield Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia Dragonruby Dragonruby Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire Ariel Ariel

John sat back onto his ankles breathing heavily from him expelling what he had eaten the day before. Dr. Roman’s words of wisdom were not what John wanted to hear, that his migraine would eventually go away. He didn’t like the timeline was set and decided to end the migraine sooner rather than later. From his pocket, John put a light-blue e-cig into his mouth and filled his mouth and lungs with the citrusy vapor. Blue magic circuits activated throughout John’s upper torso and including his head and he concentrated on the pain. Few grey streams of smoke escaped John’s lips as he muttered, ”Expel: Pain”, then he exhaled a thin stream of black smoke into the air.
The pain from his head melted away during his long exhale and clearity came back to him. John looked towards his servant and saw her vomiting like he did. Even though she didn’t want him to look, he stood up and walked towards her, taking the time to look at the other Masters and seeing them fare better than they were. John patted his servant on the back, ”Besides enjoying your breakfast twice, is there anything else wrong?” John asked Assassin caringly. It was his way of offering to help her with anything else that’s wrong with any other ailments besides puking. She would know about his empathic abilities and how he could take her pain away.

From the chatter that he overheard between Dr. Roman and the others; John came to the conclusion that each of them expected to jump into a warzone and some, like Jun, were acting accordingly. From where he stood, the city of London looked pleasant enough. Just like when he visited when he was twelve, which would be in a handful of years from now. His reminiciensing ended when he saw an atmospheric distortion fly from the ground into the air at Saber’s Master. Luckily it had missed, but he didn’t see who or what had shot at him. ”Assassin, can you look and see if you can spot anything from here. Something just tried to attack Saber’s Master.”

”Dr. Roman, whatever is wrong here is keeping itself concealed and not running amok. Everything seems normal, but something unknown just attacked Master Jun.” John stated and shot a look over at the other servants. ”We are in the midst of a Holy Grail war. If from here everything looks fine, then we should assume whatever is causing this problem is in hiding and/or biding its time. We shouldn’t reveal ourselves as Masters least we become targets of the Masters in this time.” John was pointing out how each of the servant, with the exception of his, were wearing their armor or other clothes that were out of the ordinary in 1994 England and the Saber’s Masters oblivious usage of magic during the day.

”Darling, let’s go investigate the city and find some food or coffee.” John smiled at the others and put his duffle bag over his shoulders. He took a few hit off of his e-cig before started walking away to the nearest road. ”I am relying on you to watch my back and I’ll do what I can to watch yours.”

Assassin
Assassin wiped her mouth and popped a mint. She had to get a better seen better day. She glared at her Master. She told him not to look. She hated being seen as something worthy of pity, but she was somewhat calmed because she knew it was her Master.

Unlike most of them there, she saw what transpired somewhat clearly. She was an Assassin, and among the skills granted to her was Presence Concealment. Her own rank is EX, so she can perceive things anyone could not. Still, she couldn't help but be underwhelmed that the assailant didn't finish the annoyance that was Saber.

"I couldn't care less, Master, but your safety is a must."

With that, she activated Presence Concealment, making her completely invisible to everyone, even her Master. She sent a mental message to him.

"I will act as an Assassin. Please be cautious. You do not need to watch my back. Don't divert your eyes from the main road. The assailant is still nearby. Hide your Command Seals."

All she said was a warning. She hoped that her Master heard it as Show no hostility. Pretend that you are not a Master. Trust me.

Something had shot at him, luckily Jun had deflected it at the last second. Was it lingering sickness from the rayshift or was Saber draining too much mana? Jun decided that he needed to go dark for a bit. He entrusted Saber with relaying any crucial information they came up with to HQ. Then Jun seemed to vanish without a trace. Whatever was following them knew who they were, or at least WHAT they were. He told Saber to go into spirit form and follow him. If this singularity had a magical centre, then the obvious place to start would be the magical centre of London, The Clocktower. Thanks to his Imitation Invisible Air Jun could render himself almost completely invisible. However, this version of the Clocktower could be more heavily guarded than the one he knew. Making his way across the rooftops of London, Jun knew he wasn't just being followed by Saber.

Moving into a back alley, Jun hid behind a vending machine. It was a little cramped, however he was used to hiding spots like this. Steadying his breath and focusing his ears, he heard something... no SOMEONE breathing. It was hard to tell whether it was man or beast, Jun had his Servant stay back. If this thing was intelligent, they could interrogate it. Her demonic sword could obliterate their only source of information. Finally the unknown creature appeared to be tired of searching and turned to walk away. At that moment, Jun struck. Popping out from his hiding place, Jun fired harpoons into its ankles. It fell to the ground with low growl of pain. Jun immediately kicked it in the face. Now out cold, the beast was propped up against a wall. This thing definitely wasn't a Servant. It appeared human, yet Jun was pretty sure humans didn't have purple skin. Checking its clothes, Jun found something interesting. It was carrying the tools of a mage. So this thing used to be a mage?

Pulling out a small blade, Jun stabbed the creature in the gut. No one was around to notice him. There were no human or mage witnesses. It woke up and tried to howl in pain. Jun smacked it across the face with the back of his hand. It tried to grab him, however Jun stabbed it in the chest. He told Saber that this little knife was made using pieces of his bones. With it, he could use his Origin. If there was a chance for them to live through getting stabbed, they would. Jun asked his Servant to pull out a pair of stakes from Baggy. Using them, he nailed this thing to the wall. Twisting the knife in its gut, Jun asked the monster who sent it to kill him. It growled, so Jun pushed the knife in deeper. Blood dripped from its mouth. This went on for quite a while, until it said something Jun found interesting "Cl...Clock...tower....Master....Clock....tower.....". Jun applied just a little more pressure, it said the same thing. Jun told Saber to report what they just heard, then he snapped the monsters neck. Cleaning up and packing up, Jun decided to take a cab to the Clocktower

CatJones CatJones

As Alexandria glided through white halls and breathed the stale mountain air, she once again noted its similarity to the cave she once inhabited. Though this Chaldea was situated high above the earth rather than deep within it, the similarities in architecture, inhabitants or apparent lack thereof, and overall ambiance couldn't help but strike a fond chord in her memory. Again, though she was in an almost empty hall, none took heed of her presence and while it was true that none keeping her company were masters, she had hoped that the Organization that proclaimed to safeguard the safety of mankind learned from its mistakes.

She had heard in passing that the was a demon that destroyed most if the infrastructure that supported the area, first and foremost being its ability to communicate to the outside, and if such a thing was attempted in Atlas, under the watch of the Ancient Director and the Younger Vampire, then she would be the first called to the Theater as the two dissected the infiltrator.

Seeing as Alexandria managed to enter undetected -the person she struck though he tripped over air to her disappointment- she noted that they needed her help more than ever and thus she needed to talk to the one in charge as soon as possible. Thankfully for her, the structure of the headquarters wasn't as nearly as expansive or convoluted as the Titan's Pit, it was an easy matter to make her way to what she thought to be the command center: a place where they held CHALDEAS if she wasn't mistaken.

With a flare of her circuits, she searched for a familiar presence and almost instantly seamless mechanical input made to mimic the feeling of human emotion greeted her with what was to be the excitement of a small canine. She had always found it strange that she had an awfully strong affinity with dogs, though given her summoning of Assassin she shouldn't have been too surprised. What struck her as abnormal was that this particular project was built to have the identity of a bird rather than a dog, and yet it greeted her with all the enthusiasm of a puppy. Thoth, it's nice to meet you again, so to speak. Have you been doing what you're supposed to do?

It was strange that no one checked if there was a consciousness in the Spiriton Computer she fabricated, though no one really thought it through and the had simply implemented it as soon as it was successfully received. Of course there needed to be a consciousness attached to the Spiritron Calculation Engine if they wanted to replicate the effects of a quantum observer, but if they did realize this then they would have made sure that it couldn't contact the outside world via their own communicators or via the bounded field that stabilized the entire structure itself.

By her will, Thoth itself entered the systems and opened the door for her, allowing her to enter the room and meet a pair of... servants? "Hmm... so you two have been taking care of my baby while I was away?" She greeted them cheerfully, though she made sure to note that one of them shouldn't be in the room, much less the world, at all. "And Solomon has once more regained his morality? What a glorious day indeed!"

She closed the distance almost instantly, taking his hands in her own before looking down at the apparently turned demon, or rather the true king of wisdom. The Great Genius of Man was also in the room, but it was Age before Beauty and of course the second, arguably, greatest King of Israel took precedence. "Tell me, what wonders have you been teaching my little Thoth while you were here?"

BlightGiver BlightGiver

Last edited:
Something had taken a potshot at Jun, missing him by just a few feet. The pressure was immense, it could be felt pushing the air aside, creating wind. Saber felt it immediately, and went into combat mode, Exaclibur Morgan appearing in her hands, only to be told to go into Spirit mode. She obliged, vanishing and following into the alley. She stayed a few feet away, certain that whatever was following wouldn't be able to detect her, and if it did, the close quarters of the alley would play to her advantage.

Jun hid behind a bending machine, before attacking an assailant. As far as she could tell, it was some sort of homonculus, with purple skin. She didn't pay it much more mind, focusing on the entrance to the alley and waiting for any other signs of movement. She was asked to hand him stakes from her master's bag, and did so, never taking her eyes off the alley entrance. Torture as something she saw as beneath her, and didn't even want to look at the scene behind her. Having gotten whatever information he wanted, her Master silently left, hailing a cab and trying to stay undercover.

He chose to follow behind, easily able to cover huge sections of ground in a full sprint, thought it would take up more of Jun's mana to push herself to run that fast. It was marginally better then having half the taxi weighted down from her armor. It would be to obvious if he left the door linger for to long or had to scoot out of the way to make room for her. They could easily still be under surveillance.

Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

Dr. Roman had to be wrong. The idea that she wouldn't be able to prove her fame and greatness was beyond belief. She would find a way to prove him wrong, but before she really got a chance to start that line of thought, someone was talking to her. Lancer turned to find the female samurai standing over her, giving a warm smile. She had asked about their rayshifting, which Lancer casually brushed off, as only she could.

“Of course, we've done this so many times it's boring. Like brushing your teeth, or taking a girl out of an iron maiden.” She smirked, expecting the usual confusion. She didn't get a chance to wait for a response before the Gloomy Duo, Saber and her Master came under fire. Pressurized air launched at Jun's face, but missed by a foot. The attack seemed to come from the street, Barr noticing it as well. He pointed towards a nearby jersey barrier, with Lancer following her finger and nodding. She turned towards Tokugawa quickly yelling at her and pointing at herself and her master as she spoke.

'Lancer, Barr. He's mute, so don't bother.” She pointed out the cover, “Cover, maybe.” She and Barr both took off, hiding behind the hard concrete. Barr looked up to see Lancer's horn were still giving them away, as they poked over the barriers top. Barr slowly poked his head over the top, unable to see anything out of the ordinary. Assassin had vanished, and he couldn't locate her Master at the moment. Barr made sure to keep as little of his personage visible as possible, watching and waiting for anything out of the ordinary.

Barr hated war, but the few skills it taught were incredibly useful for surviving battles. Keep yourself concealed, don't let your enemy keep track of you, and never let your guard down. He knew that she looked and acted like a child, but Lancer was actually a quite capable fighter. She hadn't materialized her weapon yet, obviously waiting for a better chance to strike.

CatJones CatJones

Lucas gives Archer a glance for a moment. The way she was talking as... off. She was usually a lot more livelier, and he'd have thought that getting a chance to get out of Chaldea would have her dancing on her feet. This was a mission though, he supposed, so perhaps this was simply how Archer was like on 'business'. He made a note to keep a closer eye on her for the moment before looking around them once again. The group of them standing around in the middle of the city must've been a bit suspicious, but they'd only just arrived. It wasn't possible that there was already someone observing them, right?

He was immediately proven wrong as Jun was attacked, Lucas immediately looking up towards the sky to figure out what the sound was, before his eyes widen in realization and he quickly darts behind a parked car, pushing himself up against the engine block as he lets out a string of angry curses. "We only just got here! What the hell!?" Lucas peered over his cover to try and pinpoint the source of the attack, but it was impossible to see where it'd come from. "Dammit! Archer, can you track where that came from?"

MocaPoka MocaPoka

After Jun's interrogation of the creature, his useful information was relayed to Roman. "Clocktower? Wait, Jun! I'd recommend not going there. What you attacked was nothing more than one of their sentry homunculi; most likely responding to the same anomaly we are! What did I say about doing things like this?" The doctor sounded genuinely annoyed. "Especially since you guys rayshifted there, you might be mistaken for what we're looking for." He placed his hand to his face. "Just get out of that cab, before-" Dr. Roman shut up, because another shot of pressurized air came right through the top of the car. It impaled the driver, killing him instantly; whilst the car was also pinned down, unable to move uncontrollably. Another strike traveled right through the back passenger windows; almost grazing Jun's nose, but passed by without a scratch. "Get out of that cab, now!" Da Vinci shouted over the comms. "You're a sitting duck!"

The car shook as something landed on the hood; looking in through the front window, it was clear now that the true assailant was no homunculus. Tattered clothing hung off of it's humanoid legs, looking somewhat normal. But the upper half of it's body was disgusting; a visible spine came out of the waist, with no flesh or muscle attached to it. There were no ribs, as one looked further upward, but a pair of lungs seemed to almost hover there. The being lacked a left arm, with the right one being only bone and holding onto a bone bow. The head was naught but a lower jaw, with one eye hanging over the teeth by it's optic nerve. The eye was clearly functional, as it stared at Jun and held out the bow; despite having only one arm, the bowstring was still pulled back, ready to unleash another shot of air. The creature sensed Saber nearby, however. It disappeared nearly instantly, moving at untrackable speeds; rather due to Saber, or the car having a fire start in the engine, would not be known.

CatJones CatJones Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia

"Everyone, Jun was just attacked again." Roman informed everyone else, hiding outside the city. "I hate to say this, but we must move forward; however, with extreme caution. I'm not sure if there's more enemies or not." Assassin went into concealment; unable to be seen by anyone, even whatever had attacked Jun. The provided support would be able to keep John safe completely, as he walked along the road toward London.

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire Syvvaris Syvvaris

Everyone else waiting behind was more hesitant to move forward, thanks to Roman's idea of more enemies with such good range. "We'll be fine." Skorl explained, pulling out a baseball sized crystal from his backpack. "By channeling mana into this, it will be expelled as a protective barrier; at least from the front. We'll be able to safely moved forward as long as everyone else watches our backs." He stated, as Raikou didn't hesitate to go in for a hug of appreciation. Hearing Lucas request Archer to search for the sniper's position made sense as well. "Yes, please Archer." Raikou chimed in, not wanting to have her master hurt.

MocaPoka MocaPoka Dragonruby Dragonruby

Meanwhile, Roman and Da Vinci was surprised as a strange woman entered into the observation room. The master of invention got in front of Roman to protect him; but it would seem that was not necessary. The woman began to make conversation, instead of attacking. "Who are you?" Dr. Roman asked the obvious question; Da Vinci cringed, since she feared such a blunt request of identification might anger the intruder.

BearBearBear BearBearBear

Archer
"Bloody Hell!" Archer exclaimed the English curse she had picked up from her older brother in another life, at the sudden chaos. Her foolish depressed reminiscing had distracted her and she now had little knowledge of what was going on. She spotted her Master taking cover behind a car and joined him mostly for her own benefit to she if he was unharmed. Seeing no injuries, she replied to Lucas's question "I-I'm sorry Master I didn't see it." Stupid, stupid! She was an Archer! She had the best eyes in this entire war party and she had missed whatever had happened!

At Berserker's Master's words she spoke to Lucas, "Master stay with the Berserker team and give them fire support! I'll see what's happening from a higher vantage point!" She wanted to take him with her, but if Skrol had a magic barrier then he was safer here, she could move faster, and could take the attention off of them. Without waiting for her Master to response Archer ran with inhuman speed towards the Saber team searching for a good over watch position. She spotted a tall clock tower (the English still loved clock towers 400 years later it seemed) and easily jumped onto a protruding ledge. She was a exposed up here, but she had as good of a view as could be expected in a city... and it would hopefully put the focus on her and not the Masters down bellow.

She wasn't as close to the Saber team as she wanted but she was still able to cover the defending Master team and search for threats. Archer summoned her bow and three Black Keys between her fingers. She focused on her Hunter of Okeus's Children ability; searching for threats around her Master first, then searching for the Saber team, and finally any other threats between the two... the hunt had begun. "I'm in position Master" she spoke through their mental link. The entire movement from her Master to her current position taking less than fifteen seconds.

Tokugawa fell behind Lancer and her Master, choosing not to take cover however. Her hand rested on her swords hilt, ready to draw at a moments notice, not having to since whatever had attacked had already beat a hasty retreat. She motioned for Lancer and Barr to stand up, keeping in a lowered stance, her sword hand ready to draw. Up the street, a car was hit with the next attack, sud flipping a vehicle. She realized that it must have something to do with them. She recounted where everyone was, as best as she could since so many of them had dispersed so quickly without even thinking of meeting up and figuring out a strategy. There was something else, a tattered looking monster, but she couldn't see it well enough to tell anything else.. Moments later, Skorl had created a magical barrier, and using it as mobile cover. Tokugawa knew she wasn't in charge, but she was a tactician, and keeping as many others safe as possible was still one of her personal goals.

“Everyone, we need to regroup! Without a plan of some sort we're waiting to be picked off.” A pit formed in her stomach, part of her hating the idea of issuing orders. It was to much like when she was alive. She moved to get behind Skorl's shield, nodding thanks as she did so. “Let's use Skorl's shield to push up to Saber and her Master. We need to make sure they're okay.”

She turned to the Berskers and her Mater. “Hope I'm not being to bossy. It would just really suck if we lost someone this early into the mission.”

MocaPoka MocaPoka Dragonruby Dragonruby BlightGiver BlightGiver TelisOldfield TelisOldfield Syvvaris Syvvaris Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire

This new Tokugawa woman had quickly moved away from their concrete barrier, moving join the other Master's and Servants, who seemed quick to place a barrier and deploy Archer for overwatch. Lancer hopped up, flipping delicately over the barricade and following suit with Tokugawa. “Let's go Piggy, we can't let a newcomer like her show us up.”

Barr followed behind Lancer, his eyes focused on the attack up the road. Tokugawa was a warlord, and though he was loath to follow someone who's legend was built around violence and war, he would be hypocritical to argue the fact. The bubbly girl in front of him had been a murdering sociopath in life, and now was so busy trying to be famous that she reserved her torture to insults. They both ducked behind Skorl's shield, looking at the Master and Berserker pair. Barr never really found himself focusing to much on the opposite sex, but Berserker was in a league alll her own. He already knew Lancer was intimidated by the woman's...robust figure. He focused on the Tokugawa instead, who's armor was at least hiding any form of feminine features. She gave a quick rally call, and Lancer nodded her head in agreement.

“That's an idol approved plan, Tofusawa. After all, you can't rush the stage, even if it's just the headliner.” She snorted, looking at the Japanese warrior, waiting for praise for trying to get everyone to agree with her plan.

Barr silently wondered if Elizabeth was a little jealous of Tokugawa/ Mostly her height, but maybe the charisma the Shogun was lacing into the air with her very presence.

BlightGiver BlightGiver

Lucas couldn't help but wonder if having everyone gather around Skorl and Berserker was the best idea. After all, they had no idea how powerful the attacks really were, nor if they could simply smash apart the young man's shield. It was better than nothing, he supposed, but if they were fighting against a servant? Repositioning would be all too simple for them, and the shield only blocked in one direction. All in all, this was a shitty situation that was likely only going to get worse the longer this dragged on. "Why the hell are they focusing on Jun though...?" Lucas asked, pondering aloud. "Is it strength? They're not targeting any of the Servants though..." Lucas' mind struggled to find what their attacker could possibly be trying to do, but could only end up blank with such little information available to them. No, the best thing to do right now would be to handle the situation, whether that meant getting out of range of their attacker, or neutralizing them.

He looks towards the rest of the assembled Masters and Servants, taking cover behind Skorl's magic. "I'll move out into the open and try to draw fire off of Jun while you all move up towards him. Archer, narrow down their position for us, and take them out if you can. I'm counting on you for this!"

Lucas took a deep breath. "Fortis, viribus, celeritas," he chanted quickly before the trailing blue lines of his magic circuits lit up along his body as he Reinforced himself. Leaping upwards, he quickly clambered up onto the roof of the nearest building, and began to run in the direction of Jun and Saber, trusting in his increased speed and strength to handle his leaps between blocks and streets. "Come on... You missed twice already, don't get good now..." Lucas muttered, hoping that their opponent's previous displays of skill weren't just a ruse. Jun had been a sitting target, so hopefully they had less chance at hitting a moving one, even out in the open.

John wasn't surprised the least bit when Dr. Roman alerted everyone that Jun had been attacked again. Flying like Goku or Superman wasn't normal and highlighted Jun to anyone that knew anything about the secret society of Magus hiding in the shadows of the world. His action painted a target on his head, hopefully he didn't highlight the rest of the group. It would be unpleasant if their enemy found out about them without them knowing who they are up against.

There was little doubt he needed to distance himself from their entry point and Jun. At least Jun was marked by the enemy and would be recognized in just about any encounter with the anomoly. The rest of them were too risky for now, the longer they stay in the area the worse their chances were to leave unseen. It was common sense to not want attention, but maybe it was his second nature to be shady with his involvement with drugs. There wasn't any evidence that whatever is causing the problem here was affecting normal day life. Cars drove past, people were outside doing normal day to day activities and the sky was the same beautiful blue as it always was. There wasn't a reason to treat this area as a warzone.

'In your experience, are all Sabers and their Masters that cocky?' John asked via their mental link to Assassin. 'Is that why you hate them so?' John walked causually down a different street than the commotion with Jun, smoking his e-cig with his left hand and hiding his right hand and his command seals in his pocket. The further distance from him and Saber the better. After all, being the hero that arrived late could save the day. Just like Dragon Ball Z when Goku saves the day in the Saiyan and Freeza Sagas, or when Fairy Tail typically introduces Gildarts into the anime. It was wishful thinking, but if he could make it into the city undetected it was not an impossible dream.

'Anyways, with you being an Assassin. How do you think I should go about gathering information that most people wouldn't know anything about? I see it as a needle in a haystack.' He pondered how he was going to find the anomaly if he can't ask for directions. He guessed the center of the city would be the best starting place, and he hoped his Assassin could spot something he can't while he walked there.

The smoke from the damaged cab started to raise over the buildings a block to his left, and he saw a half naked woman on top of a tower in the distance. He looked forward and pretended to not see anything, after all he was trying to gain distance from the others. Whether they will take his advice to heart or not, it is up to them. He was sure they were trying to help Jun, sadly his servants hatred for Saber made assisting the Master or Servant an uneasy decision.

Angel Sapphire Angel Sapphire BlightGiver BlightGiver

The pink haired Master didn't hesitate to let everyone behind his shield, as it grew stronger the longer he forced mana into the crystal. "Tokugawa, you can order me around all you want, if it keeps us from dying." Skorl replied, with a smile. Barr and Elizabeth also joined the party; Raikou couldn't help but stare at the short, pop idol Lancer. "Oh my; she is so adorable." the Berserker quietly spoke under her breathe. Lucas had taken the initiative and leaped far into the air, hoping to draw some fire from everyone else. And it worked; another shot of pressurized air came right toward him mid jump. It did no damage, since Lucas had inadvertently stepped on the air; but it did disrupt his jumping accuracy. Down below, the disgusting bow man's eye lifted up, using the optic nerve; locking gaze with Lucas. John was met with no resistance at first, since the earlier sniper was focused on Lucas. But in the road ahead, what appeared to be a reddish black liquid traveled towards himself. It stopped 3 meters ahead of John, materializing another creature similar to the bow wielding one. This one had a sword, seemingly fused with the bone of it's only arm, instead of a bow.

MocaPoka MocaPoka CatJones CatJones Dragonruby Dragonruby Syvvaris Syvvaris TelisOldfield TelisOldfield

"Aww, don't be like that, Your Majesty." Alexandria pouted coyly, even as she noticed the sudden expression of fear on the perfect countenance of the Mona Lisa. She found that strange for a time, that a servant would actually come to fear her but that took a back seat as she addressed the King of Wisdom. "How can you not know me when I gave you my baby?"

Alexandria turned to the fearful Da Vinci for a moment, hoping that the strange noise she heard was Solomon himself stuttering. "Has he always been this flippant with women? Intellectually, I know he had around a thousand wives and concubines but doesn't this seem a bit ridiculous when you see it in person?" She wondered what kind of reaction she would force from the genius, it was rumored that the King of Wisdom and the Mysterious Lady were more involved than was considered proper but she wasn't one to get between two servants. She would tease them for all she was worth though, just a little bit of harmless fun.

"On a more serious note though, you must work on your security. I would have thought that the incident with your very own demons would have forced you to make changes but if a couple of human guards and a bounded field is all you have then it simply isn't enough. What would happen if someone who, for some reason, desires the death of humanity were to come along and simply bomb the coffins?" That was something Alexandria simply didn't understand. Between a Grand Caster and a Grand Caster Candidate, Chaldea should have been as accessible as the Root itself was, and yet she was allowed to sneak in the front door, undetected and that was before she contacted Thoth again.

"To jog your memory, I am Alexandria Bartholomew Rehema, twenty seventh Head of the House of Rehema, and incidentally, the lead designer and programmer for Replica: THOTH, or what you know as TRISMEGISTUS. I was tasked to make a copy of TRI-HERMES before I, and a team including the Director and Vice Director, made adjustments to improve the original for Atlas' own purposes. Officially, I am to check both systems and compare the current incarnation of TRI-HERMES to THOTH..." For a moment, she was Pharaoh; a magus who could claim to be equal to the Queen herself and even the Supreme Magus of the Present Era would not deny her. But soon enough that moment past, and the easily excited bookworm once more found herself in front of two of the Greatest Casters on the Throne. "Though unofficially, I'm here to help you guys out, so let's get along, 'kay?"

Alexandria took a glance towards the monitoring system Thoth projected for her and quickly she scanned the faces of Masters and Servants she never met bef... For a moment, her smile faltered, before returning to be brighter than ever. There was a blatant edge there though, a more predatory excitement rushing forth from her. "That's who I think it is, isn't it?"

BlightGiver BlightGiver

Last edited:
"FUCKSHITGODDAMN-" Lucas cries out in panic as he feels the attack brush past him, wind blowing around him. "Archer! Get 'em!" The man cries out as he is sent into a tumble, spinning with a distinct lack of grace and majesty in a ball of flailing limbs struggling to right itself. He fails to and impacts the ground with a thud and a groan. He rolls around there for a moment as he gathers his senses that had been lost by the hard impact before he pushes himself up to his feet and darts into an alleyway, pressing himself up against the wall to hide himself from any further attacks before he begins to pat himself down and make sure he hadn't lost any limbs. "I'm fine? I'm fine. Holy shit, I'm fine! Still in one piece! Hell yeah!" Lucas cries out jubilantly as his heart felt like it was about to burst from his chest. "Archer, how's everything going?"

It was simple strategy, Tokugawa thought. When outnumbered or unable to discern the full strength of an opposing army, attack secluded units and never commit to a battle in case the enemy has a trap prepared for the attack. In other words, attack fast and bug out just as quickly. It was especially good at targeting stragglers, such as Jun and Saber. As she turned her attention towards the Master Servant pair at the car, Lucas went to check on them. Was the enemy using them as bait? Tokugawa felt like they had already sorely underestimated the enemy. As Lucas made some distance, he was attacked as well now. It was definitely trying to pick off stragglers. Lucas seemed okay, but now he was out in the open with an enemy baring down on him.

“We need to drive that thing off. Lancer, Berserker, and I can hit it from the front, but we need to try and keep them off Archer so she can provide support. We can punch a hole so Lucas can rescue the other two. Everyone agreed?” Tokugawa yelled, knowing the enemy could hear them but hoping that maybe they couldn't understand them. Worse yet, she had to hope Lancer was willing to jump into the fight.

It wasn't the most solid plan, but for now it was a good basis. She hadn't seen anyone of them in battle, so she was just hoping that certain qualities of the Classes would be enough to get through this first fight. First engagement was always a nasty affair. She was ready to strike out either way, simply waiting to see who would be with her in the assault.

MocaPoka MocaPoka Dragonruby Dragonruby BlightGiver BlightGiver TelisOldfield TelisOldfield

Last edited:
Lancer gave a grave smile, watching as Lucas was nearly taken out by the two new enemies. They were ghastly sights, far worse then anything she had ever concocted in the dungeons of her castle. After all, those women were beautiful until decomposition set in. Either way, it was nearly time to start fighting, as Tokugawa seemed deep in thought. And an even worse distraction was Berserker who had looked at her like some kind of sweet snack. Her body was inhumanly possible, obviously the work of some vile power. Surely, a lesser man would drool over her, but she was an Idol, people liked her for her winning personality. She was brought back to reality by Tokugawa coming up with a plan. She and the Samurai would charge forward, supposedly with Berseker, with Archer providing back up. This was all to allow Lucas to push to Jun. Lancer opened her mouth to complain about her front line deployment, but immediately closed it.

This was just another chance to show everyone that she was the Ultimate Idol, even in battle. “Understood. I, Elizabeth Bathory, will show you all the proper way to defeat an enemy, and look fabulous while doing it!” Her spear finally materialized, which she spun deftly but haphazardly, almost knocking her Master out in the interim, the event only stopped by him backing up quickly. As Tokugawa moved closer to the front of the shield, Lancer followed suit, bouncing between her feet as she prepared to attack. Tokugawa was making an awful window however and she couldn't even see where the enemy were at at this point.

Thought it didn't matter, a true Idol thinks on their feet, not on their seat. She looked at ground, for a short second wondering if she had just found her new catchphrase. Maybe she could ask Archer what she thought about later.

CatJones CatJones BlightGiver BlightGiver

Archer
"Master get back to the other Masters and Servants! Right now!!" This was exactly what she feared would happen! Her Master running off into danger! But he was an undeniably a great target. Archer in her over watch position fired three Black Keys at the source that was targeting her Master, hoping that whatever it was would fall from the Lord's might. This evil would not take from her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back