• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

BlightGiver

Professional Brick Thrower
It is the year 2023 and the Mage's Association finds itself with quite a dilemma on its hands once again.

In the endless struggle of keeping the general populace oblivious to the dubious mechanisms of careless and callous mages, there are those that tinker a bit too far outside of their territory. Innocent civilians and mages following the rules getting involved is the typical outcome; with lives shattered, all to push forward some random mage's studies ahead ever so slightly. To the Association, there is no greater threat than these sorts of incidents spiraling out of control.

All changed on the Eve of the New Year at the Clock Tower, when the Lord of the Department of Spiritual Evocation, Rufleus Nuada-Re Eulyphis, was found deceased in his office. Slumped over in his chair, terror-filled eyes frozen in a gaze down at his torso, his shirt sporting a gaping hole from his own chest cavity bursting open from the inside. There was no evidence of intrusion, there were no marks from weaponry and no detectable signs of magecraft or stealth abilities having been used. It proved to be quite a shock, and a loud alarm, that something here wasn't right, aside from the obvious dead Lord.

Rigorous inspections were performed in earnest and haste, to locate some semblance of a lead for the Clocktower to work with. And there, stuck between the floor and leg of Rufleus' desk, was a piece of paper and pen. Judging by the position of the materials, it was deduced they had been used by the late Lord, merely seconds before his body fell back in death. A message was made, surprisingly somewhat within the Lord's handwriting style even as he perished. Three letters, shakily written, spelled out one word: EYE; the final stroke of the last E had trailed off the page, signifying at what point in time the Lord had deceased.

The Clock Tower would have simply kept this as an investigation into one murder, if not for similar instances happening to two more low-ranking members of the Spiritual Evocation department. Once again, burst open bodies, no signs of a struggle with assailants, or use of magecraft. Except, these two occurrences ended up with members of their families inexplicably vanishing off the face of the Earth, regardless of rank or proximity to the Mage's Association.

It all came to a head in March of 2023, with the event that the Holy Church deemed "the bloodied vanishing". One of their Executors operating in Austria had tabs on a rogue Evocation mage, who was noted as being obvious about trying to summon demons and spirits for the sake of killing non-mages. The Evocation mage had been tracked to a sacrificial site, wherein three people begging for freedom were tied up. The Executor reported the mage was facing away from him, so his view of what was going on was initially impaired. Before having a chance to reach a more proper vantage point, a popping sound was heard accompanied by the screams of the victims. The Evocation mage fell to the ground with a thud, as the trapped people were heard shouting, "An eye, an eye!" Holding position to assess the development, the Executor turned the corner to find the three victims inexplicably freed from their rope bondage, standing up and dusting themselves off. They muttered to each other before shambling off out of sight; although, one seemed to notice the Executor and turned to face him. All that he could say of the person was that they winked "three times at him, once for each eye." Following the people proved fruitless, for they had disappeared within seconds of leaving the Executor's sight. Much like the other instance, they too seemed to have vanished completely.

The results of this event proved immediately related to the events at the Clock Tower, who weren't happy to hear the Church knew of their turmoil. Still, it demanded more action than looking around crime scenes on home turf. Due to the anxiousness to get this case solved quickly, the Association formed a temporary team, code name "Eye for an Eye.", who would be working alongside the likes of Lord El Melloi II and his apprentice, Gray, to solve this string of murders and disappearances.

Their first step would be partaking in an arranged meeting with the Executor present during the Bloodied Vanishing, with hopes in their hearts to find where the victims may have run off to.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a Fate rp centered more away from the likes of Holy Grail Wars and Singularity hopping. There will be locations and groups, both new and pulled from the extended Fate universe, in order to craft a narrative wrought with fear, mystery and magic. Characters will be able to piece together the mystery of what has been striking terror into the Mage's Association, being from any branch of the Mage's Association and utilizing any magic of their choosing within reason. I do not plan on having people be Servant characters as of typing this, but if enough people ask for it in the interest check and ooc messages, we can allow for that as well, within reason.

I'm honestly barely familiar with the Type-Moon setting,but I could be interested in participating in this,since an occult murder mystery seems like an interesting change of pace from the usual.

Would have to do some reading regarding the cosmology and supernatural aspects of the setting,however.

Was thinking of playing an Exorcist who works together with the Mage's Association investigation team,since the Church is already involved in the investigation as well.

I'm honestly barely familiar with the Type-Moon setting,but I could be interested in participating in this,since an occult murder mystery seems like an interesting change of pace from the usual.

Would have to do some reading regarding the cosmology and supernatural aspects of the setting,however.

Was thinking of playing an Exorcist who works together with the Mage's Association investigation team,since the Church is already involved in the investigation as well.
Exorcist sounds like a really cool specialty. I myself am not extremely versed in the extended Type Moon lore as well, with most of my knowledge accumulated from browsing wikis and watching the Lord El Melloi anime. There might be some liberties that get taken, so people's accuracy or level of knowledge on the lore won't be a requirement to understand the story as it unfolds.

But, I do find that refreshing my understanding of how the magic operates helps with whatever potential spells people might come up with.

Why not? A Servantless fate rp seems interesting
I will admit I was a bit worried that people wouldn't want to participate if they couldn't play a Servant. I could understand why, since there's many with cool powers. So, it's reassuring you think so as well.

I will admit I was a bit worried that people wouldn't want to participate if they couldn't play a Servant. I could understand why, since there's many with cool powers. So, it's reassuring you think so as well.
And honestly, from what you are wanting to set up, servants would be op in my opinion. We should limit players to magi or regular people that got caught in the mess.

I myself might bring in an interesting character I didn't get a chance to use in a different rp that I could revive for this

And honestly, from what you are wanting to set up, servants would be op in my opinion. We should limit players to magi or regular people that got caught in the mess.

I myself might bring in an interesting character I didn't get a chance to use in a different rp that I could revive for this
I definitely agree in that regard. Lol most of the people in this story would get absolutely wrecked by even the lowest classed servant being summoned.

And i'm definitely excited to see what kinds of ocs people come up with.

I'll give this interest check a solid day or two before getting the extra pages all set up and posted, just so we can see how many more people might join in.

I'm not quite familliar with the Fate series' lore, but if it's like a spin-off with it's own contained universe, then I'm in.

I'm not quite familliar with the Fate series' lore, but if it's like a spin-off with it's own contained universe, then I'm in.
It's sort of its own thing, but pulls more from what can be considered extended Type-Moon universe material. Since there is a whole menagerie of complex stuff there however, this one will be simplified so as to not confuse people. Concepts will be used from both Fate and the rest of the Type-Moon universe still, such as references to things like Servants, Holy Grail Wars, key figures, etc, but not dumped all at once.

And if anyone needs clarification on stuff or explanation to who someone is, I'd be happy to explain.

I'm a bit rusty on my fate lore but as long as things dont get to dark/gory i'd be in
I wouldn't go insanely heavy on dark topics and gory moments, but there would definitely be some. If I may ask, do you have a limit as to what is acceptable before it goes too far?

I wouldn't go insanely heavy on dark topics and gory moments, but there would definitely be some. If I may ask, do you have a limit as to what is acceptable before it goes too far?
I'm fine with most things that have been in the fate/spin offs so it would just be how much detail they would be described in. Since your not going heavy I assume I should be fine I just wanted to double check

I'm fine with most things that have been in the fate/spin offs so it would just be how much detail they would be described in. Since your not going heavy I assume I should be fine I just wanted to double check
Yeah, my style is more going along the lines of either letting something be implied, or mentioned without going into excruciating detail. There would be enough provided, so others have a full image of the scenario for them to properly react or respond to it, but doing like a whole post or consecutive, dialogueless paragraphs talking about something of that nature in high detail wouldn't be done.

Here's the CS all ready to go. No need to rush with character creation, and make up to two characters if you feel like it. I'll have the OOC done posted tomorrow, so use this interest check as a temporary OOC until then.

Question for anyone who might know: would it make sense for the Church to issue its Executors/Exorcists sacramental weapons that resemble (modern) firearms,or do they generally take the form of archaic weapons like the Black Keys and so on?

I mean,Riesbyfe has a pile bunker that looks like a cello,so.

Question for anyone who might know: would it make sense for the Church to issue its Executors/Exorcists sacramental weapons that resemble (modern) firearms,or do they generally take the form of archaic weapons like the Black Keys and so on?

I feel that so long as sacramebtal weapons still fulfill the aims of the Church, they'd probably use them. If something like a typical firearm made for injury wouldn't fly, one that functions as, for example, like a spirit remover, in that it unleashes a mystical "bullet" made for hurting spirits would be acceptable.

With how many different Executors use a menagerie of sacramental gauntlets, crossbows, jewelry, etc., a sacrament "firearm" should be more than okay. Though, I do see that might be more regulated and inspected by the Church frequently to ensure it remains nonfatal to nonmages. Never know when someone might try sneaky modifications.

But, in terms of this narrative, since participants are either picked for their magecraft capabilities or tool proficiency, which could be any creative combination, I have no problem with characters using even regular firearms.

Alright guys, the ooc was rather hashed together, but here it is. We can use that for our main discussions now so that the interest check can stay relatively short for potential rpers to get up to speed.

is it too late to possibly join this?

is it too late to possibly join this?
Absolutely not, we're glad to have you. We're still in the beginning stages with character creation and lore discussions, so take some time to browse the attached pages to get a gist of how you'd like to do things in the story. I've jilust finished up the lore page and will be linking it as well shortly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back