• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Eldritch Code

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Charles Swift

...Invite them to dinner?... Not a bad idea dear gunner... Good luck with creating your workshop... Charles messaged back to his servant.

"Yes, but subtlety among many other things is important to the factor of... "stealth" if you prefer the word," Charles said trying to act friendly to shielder. Before Charles could say more Lucas began moving to enter the chapel. "If you like, can teach you some of the tricks to"stealth" as well as some of the finer details of how a grail war works. Being the fact we are at war, both factors of information will be needed" Charles explained as he calmly followed behind shielder and their master.

After entertaining the church, Charles noticed his servant leaving, and gave him a nod and message. ...Do inform when your workshop is done... or if anything of importance comes up...

After that Charles sighed deeply as the reveal of the calamity was another Lovecraftian creature. "To think this may have been avoided if Lovecraft never existed..." Charles said shaking his head. "Anyway, dear Ruler, do you perhaps know any greater details about our enemies besides there classes?" Charles questioned Ruler.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Kyrenka Kyrenka Takumi98 Takumi98 LostHaven LostHaven

Gunner - Abraham Van Helsing
(Papal Palace Courtyard)

steampunk_house_by_newcoatofpaints_dbwsmi1-fullview.jpg

Some twenty minutes after Gunner left the Sistine chapel, a three story building with a decidedly steampunk design manifested in the courtyard of the Papal Palace. Churning gears grinded to a halt as Gunner brought his Workshop—the Van Helsing Hideout—to Charles’s location as he’d promised. Or rather, as close as he could get to Charles’s location without damaging anything. Considering the height of the Sistine chapel, his workshop might’ve actually fit inside, though it would’ve been a little awkward to say the least so Gunner opted to teleport his hideout outside.

Seemed his Master was still inside the Chapel—grilling Ruler with many necessary questions no doubt. Or, perhaps, he was still conversing with the other Servants and Masters. Charles did seem like the sort to try to make as many alliances as possible. Regardless, Gunner would leave Charles to his work. There were still many things Gunner did not know about his master—such as the man’s skillsets,his magical aptitude, or even what he should want if the grail didn’t have to be destroyed—but as a familiar summoned to do battle in a war of mages, he did know his role in it.

The simple truth was that it wasn’t going to be his world that was going to be destroyed if Beast V of Calamity entered…not unless Nyarlathotep somehow affected the throne of heroes. It wasn’t even his era. He continued to fight because he did not wish to see humanity destroyed, but it was ultimately humans that shaped their own future—and he was no longer one. Servants like him could influence the future when they were summoned into Grail Wars, but it was only at the behest of human desires. Or, perhaps, the world’s desires.

Sitting in front of his workshop’s control panel, Gunner mused over the thought even as he mentally informed his Master: ‘It’s done. Right outside the Papal Palace in fact. Let me know when you are finished and we can depart.’

Or not.

It was really up to Charles.

Gunner pushed himself to his feet and made himself a cup of coffee as he checked on all the rooms in his Workshop to makes sure it was created properly—the same hideout he used when he hunted vampires in his life; Though, this time, it would be used to hunt Servants . The first floor, more a basement really, consisted of the area for him to create his vampire hunting items and weapons. Guns, sacraments, and various apotropaics lines the shelves to be used against demons, vampires, and other supernatural creatures that go bump in the night. The engine room which powered all the magical gears—when it wasn’t charging on a leyline— was also on the first floor. The second floor consisted of the living room, kitchen area, and Hideout control room, while the third floor contained the resting area, bunks, and medical supplies. Everything a good Dead Apostle Hunter needed really.

‘Alternatively, I can begin scouting the rest of Rome. Vatican city is secure, but that’s all I can say for certain. Perhaps I’ll even be able to locate Alter Ego and their master—assuming they came to Rome.’

Gunner didn’t miss the fact that only six out of seven masters for the extra classes were present at the chapel. Servant or not, leaving one pair their own in a warzone when enemy attacks could happen at any time seemed ill-advised. Looking around Rome would provide ample opportunity to research the topics he was interested in as well—catch him up on the current era. Gunner couldn’t deny that he was curious about how humanity had advanced since his time. Currency, cuisine, culture… Dr. Abraham imagined quite a bit of it must’ve changed since last he visited Italy.

ChazGhost ChazGhost Takumi98 Takumi98 Kyrenka Kyrenka EMIYAman EMIYAman Prince_ Prince_ LostHaven LostHaven (or anyone else still inside the chapel that to wants to notice the building that appeared outside)

Alkaid

While rolling on my way out of the chapel, I did not miss the opportunity to cast another spell - this one, that would go undetected unless one were specifically looking for it, had the purpose of bringing the sound to my ears, cleaned of any background noise. More exactly, I listened to the discussion between Gunner's and Shielder's masters, and to "Ruler"'s little spiel. Needless to say, very few questions were answered, and many more asked.

I focused on the mental link I felt I had with Avenger since his summoning, and asked in a professional tone, devoid of hostility and filled with focus.

<Let us keep banter to our voices and make our brain work on the issues at hand. A facade of hostility between us would be as good a shield as any other. So. To the point. Shielder's master seems unexperienced, Foreigner seems dangerous and possibly skilled in Magecraft as they do not strike me as a physically-oriented servant, Gunner gives off the aura of certainty that goes with dangerous people, and finally I do not have the slightest shred of trust in Ruler. I have read reports from Atlas about other previously manifested Beasts, and their names were not known until after their appearance - and as Ruler said himself, such an advent would warrant the apparition of a Grand Servant or at the very least a couple of Counter-Guardians. Besides, Lovecraft's works, as far as I know, are fictional works, even though they are widely spread. For servants to come from fictional sources is not unheard of, but Lovecraft's works are too recent to have the required mystery, in my sense. So to make it short, Ruler is possibly an enemy entity, servant or else, or at the very least to not be considered an ally. Your thoughts ?>

As I sent that to Avenger's mind, I halted myself for a second, taking a brief second or two to look up and gaze at the magnificence of the ceiling that had made the Sistine Chapel's renown. It had barely been ten minutes since I had entered, after all. No need to rush too much.

Midrick Midrick

"Why play a fictitious role when I can be the real deal? Why write fiction when I can orchestrate events in reality? If anything, I am the ideal choice - a choice far superior to what you would expect, and that's a good thing," Foreigner would comment, "This Nyarlathotep is an interesting figure. I'll have to find out more on my own accord. For now, I believe it is appropriate to refer to me as Foreigner. Who am I, truly? My radiance will certainly make it obvious in time to come. If you are unsure now, you will be soon."

She gazes into Ryuga's eyes again.

"I wish we could talk more, but my Master and I should be going soon," she says, looking towards her Master. "Well, Master, any plans? Dinner, perhaps?"

Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Thepotatogod Thepotatogod LostHaven LostHaven

--Mata Mendoza-Bilenal--
Interaction: LostHaven LostHaven Crow Crow Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne
images
Command Seal: 3/3
kamen_rider_kuuga_mighty_by_markolios_d9fyssh-pre.png

Mata nodded as her newly acquitted Servant, The Foreigner, asked if she was in fact Filipino. She gave a soft nod, indicating her corrected in the matter. As for how she deduced it remains a mystery to the half asian.

Ruler would then explain that the Servant he was expecting from the script was the Playwright itself, however, the appearance of the blonde girl served to be an intriguing change, even for him. It was then that Ruler explained that they should make preparations before taking on the order which includes the original 7 Servants.

As much as she ponders how, Mata knows that the boy in black(Lucas) brings up a fantastic point. How much time to they have, aside from the fact that it's counting down fast.

Upon listening to Ruler answer a few more questions, it was time to leave. Just in time, too, as Foreigner asked if she has any plans for the night.

"Perhaps scouting our battlefield would be one. Pede naman tayong bumili nalang ng pagkain sa daan.(We could just buy snacks along the way)" Mata suggests as she begins to walk out of the chapel, accidentally letting out a sentence in her native language. "Oh, pardon me, what I said was that we could stop for snacks along the way." She translated for Foreigner, unsure of how to treat her Servant. She meekly smiled before noticing how there is also another feminine silhouette nearby. Perhaps she'd be willing to scout out the area with her?

"Magandang gabi, binibini(Good evening, ma'am)" Mata approached the silhouette, greeting her with a smile. "Would you be kind enough to walk with me? I'm assuming it would be better with a fellow ally Master." She asked of the girl, wishing to at least have someone human with her. Mata doesn't know why, but something about Foreigner rubs her the wrong way.

Avenger

Avenger scowled at her cryptic words, he crossed his arms as he listened to the various masters and servants, most would see him as a brute, barely capable of intelligent thought, it would be good for them to underestimate him if things were to sour during their war over this so called false grail. He ignored the words of gunner and instead decided to follow his master as much as he hated to say or even think of himself being bound to someone else. Despite his previous words his master was most likely one of the most competent of the group, he followed the mage out of the chapel, he never had much respect for the church, that much he could remember from his splintered memory, he tuned out the conversations of the others gathered in the sistine chapel while he mused over his odd situation, normally he would have been inclined to massacre any who would be stupid enough to summon him. But he felt that his involvement in this 'false' grail war was a message, maybe from the very thing he hated most, fate itself.

He was roused from his introspection by his master, linking their minds telepathically, Foreigner seemed like a nuisance at best, Gunner was arrogant, something he would exploit if needed, those were most likely the largest threats in the group. He wasn't worried about Shielder or Gatekeeper. One thing they could agree on though, was ruler.

These other servants don't seem to be all that, the only ones who could pose an imminent threat would be Gunner and Foreigner, even then I believe I could handle them if it came to infighting. he replied through the link as he trailed behind the wheelchair bound mage. One thing we can agree on is ruler, I can feel the emotions of humans as well as servants, ruler feels like nothing I've ever experienced before, almost like he isn't human. There's a good possibility whatever it is will be able to recognize our suspicions, don't bring up the subject again. he finished his message, despite his apparent belligerence, he was a strategist in his past life, and he could still recognize strategy despite his first response often being to tear apart whatever was in front of him currently.

He finally caught up with Alkaid, just in time for the master of Foreigner to approach her. He balled his right fist and put his thumb on his index finger before depressing it, a loud pop from his knuckle that was meant to remind the master that foul play was not encouraged as well as a glare, despite the fact that she couldn't see it. Grail wars were messy affairs, lots of conniving and backstabbing, just because they were supposed to destroy the grail didn't mean that they would. When the chips were down anyone could be an enemy, better to be safe than sorry.

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Crow Crow Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

Alkaid

Well my servant did seem confident about his abilities, though I was inclined to believe him. I doubted that any of the others that were summoned today could match him physically save for Gatekeeper maybe, and even that felt like it was slightly overestimating the hound. Garmr was his name, a legend coming from the frozen lands of Scandinavia, the warden of the dismal realm of Hel. Hm. He seemed loyal to a fault to his own Master, and not particularly prone to violence.

<Yes, let's not discuss Ruler further for now, and wait till we have reached my hideout. Aside from that... Gatekeeper and Shielder can be put aside for now. Saver doesn't look like trouble either, but beware of nasty surprises. Talking about that... Ah, nevermind. Foreigner's master is being an ass, but please refrain from splattering her brains on the floor.>

I addressed Avenger calmly through our link, while turning a cold gaze to the girl, slowly rolling out of the building.

"I'd surely enjoy walking by your side, miss, if I could. I happen to be a cripple, do you not see ? And as it happens, I have no particular will to ally myself with the Master of a servant that is as shady as this... Foreigner, and her high school thot appearance is not making me any more prone to consider that option. But... Let us entertain that thought anyway, shall we ? Italy is the country of comedy after all."

Might've been too scathing a response, but she had pushed my buttons strongly, even if she did not mean to. I cast a quick glance at Avenger.

<I think we should have Shielder and his Master rally to us. Having a pawn and someone with defensive abilities would be nothing but a boon. Though let us first assess the situation entirely. Just look outside. Gunner's popped out a whole building, but judging by his carefree attitude it's probably invisible to vanilla mortals. Other than that... I'd suggest that you take the day to get acquainted with the layout of the area, as I assume that battle will be unavoidable and it'd be better to gain a strategic advantage. I have a plan, but I'll wait till tonight, till we are both in a secure area. I wouldn't put it past whatever is Foreigner to have telepathic abilities. Ideas ?>

To be entirely honest with myself, the only people here I'd allow myself to relax while in presence were Shielder and his kid of a master. Saver and her Master looked thick as thieves and the old man looked all too much an experienced magus to be trustworthy - didn't look entirely human either. Wasn't extremely surprising though. Many lineages resorted to unions with inhuman entities in the hopes of strengthening their own magecraft, and his own was probably no exception. Saver herself was a wildcard, as she appeared relatively harmless, but judging solely on the appearances would be a grave mistake, in the sense that making that mistake would have me end in a grave - she was probably a ranged combatant or a martial artist, even though she didn't have the bulk for it. A demi-servant maybe ? That'd be to see.

Gunner's Master, this... mister Swift... felt like the unpleasant kind of sneak, and I would not allow myself one instant of looseness in his presence. Gunner was an issue for me personnally too - probably not for Avenger, granted, but I was far from having the physical prowess of my servant - Scholarly types always had a handful of trumps up their sleeves, and as he had just brought forth a building out of nowhere - which I suspected to be a workshop of some kind - he probably had some sort of alchemical or thaumaturgical knowledge. I'd keep an eye on him.

Gatekeeper's Master had some sort of knack for overly complex arias it seemed - who the hell spelled twenty lines for a summoning ritual ? Did he try to summon a dragon or a goddamn daemon instead of a servant ? Like, by shaitan's thirty horns that was overkill and I was an expert on the matter. The man was probably from an ancient lineage, or he wouldn't be nearly as grandiloquent - or maybe was he from a young line and thus wanting to flaunt his family's accomplishments ? Probably not too much of an issue, but if all his magecraft was like that, taking his spells in the face wouldn't be anywhere nearly as painful as hearing him chant. Gatekeeper himself, I had little to no knowledge on, but he seemed acquainted with Saver's Master - a potential team-up there, one to watch, then - and physically strong, so I assumed he was a fighter of sorts - hard to imagine a magus clad in heavy plate, and even I knew that Garmr wasn't reputed for his magic prowess.

Foreigner's Master was probably not an exceptional magus, southeastern asia not having ever been renowned for the quality of its magical bloodlines. Well, I'd keep an eye on her anyway, but she was in my opinion one of the least likely people to cause us trouble. Foreigner on the other hand... Whatever in nine hells had happened during her summoning had left me with the distinct envy to drive a gravity beam through her forehead just to make sure she would not cause any issues afterwards, but the others would be likely to step in if I tried, and I wasn't even sure that it would suffice to bring her down.

In the end, Alter-Ego and its Master remained a completely unknown variable in the equation. Neither of them had shown up, and it was to wonder if either were even alive or existing or anything. Caution would have to be applied here, at the very least until their existence and presence had been confirmed or denied.

I sent a telepathic summary of those thoughts to Avenger, my eyes drifting in the far as I more or less cut myself from the other sounds to reflect on what I knew. My hideout was well-protected, centuries of wards created by the church and the additional layers set up by the previous owner had made it more or less impervious to anything except basically true magics, but I'd have to place my own set of defences and ritual arrays just in case - and for my plan should it come to this. Well, it was always better to be too prepared than not enough.

There was a marble between my fingers, a small sphere of glass. I raised it before my eyes, staring through.

"The stars will align soon. Rome will quake in its foundations."

Midrick Midrick Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Crow Crow

--Mata Mendoza-Bilenal--
Interaction: LostHaven LostHaven Crow Crow Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne
images

"O-oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see..." Mata admitted, rubbing the back of her head. She's not the best at immediately discerning smells so she didn't think she was wheelchair bound but rather, was just sitting on a bench. "I'm...Actually blind, myself. I didn't sense your wheelchair in time. My apologies if I seem rude to you by not noticing it sooner, I hope you'll forgive me." She apologized to her fellow Master, thinking that since they're allies, they should be understanding of each other's abilities and disabilities. If Mata learnt one thing from this encounter, it's that one of them is actually a cripple.

Huh. Wonder how this works in their overall group dynamic?

Ulysses Bourke
Sistine Chapel

193080.jpg
Learning that Garm somehow knew Saver's Master was bizarre. He talked like they were old friends, but this Ryuga guy doesn't look that much older than me! Though the only way Mr.Ryuga could have met a Servant like Garm would be if they had met in a previous Grail War... But the last Grail War was long before my time so that would make Ryuga a lot older than he looks. Definitely bizarre. Well he seems nice enough he even introduced himself to me rather than ignore me despite being an older mage. Maybe we should work closer together since he and Garm are already on good terms. Wouldn't that be nice. However, this room has a lot more tension in it than people working together should have. I mean we're fighting against a great evil to save the world nothing sounds more black and white than that, and yet here we are. Everyone constantly watching each other questioning each others strength even if they aren't speaking out loud, and not that just each other. That smiley saint, Ruler. Almost no one trusts him constantly glancing at him from the corner of their eye. At this rate we may not be able to stand against Ansiel's Servants. Not divided at least. This is nerve wracking the weight of the situation hadn't really hit me till now. I cast my gaze around the chapel some Masters still remain speaking with their Servants while some are already on their way out. Everyone in their own world and seemingly just as distant.

Gunner approached us a bit later, or rather he approached Gatekeeper. They spoke briefly though the conversation seemed rather one sided. Gunner was amicable yet mysterious. He didn't give me much more than a glance but that makes sense. I am rather unremarkable compared to the other Masters. And yet I was chosen for this so there must be something even I can do. For now I'll go with the flow let the other Masters do their own thing while being as friendly as possible. I'm sure we can make some actual allies to team up with. Though I don't know about that lady in the wheelchair she feels dangerous. And Avenger doesn't help the situation much either.

I don't know the full scope of the Master Servant contract but I found myself trusting Gatekeeper already. He simply seemed like a earnest enough person to get along with, and strong to boot. Out of our seven I'd say he could be called the Saber of the group. Though now that I think about it where is the seventh Master? They should be out there somewhere, maybe there're just taking a while to get here? I suppose Ruler will do something about our missing member we have other things to worry about after all. I'll stick around for a bit and listen for any updates from Ruler or the other Masters but until then me and Gatekeeper need to consolidate our information and figure out our next plan of action.

"As a Master I can see their parameters but other than that nothing. Names and Skills are outside my purview but since most of the summons have been rather close to each other I've been able to overhear bits and pieces; multiple Masters have practically revealed who their Servant is. Others were too out of the way to pick up any info, and the other Masters may not like us just asking for their Servants name. We're too segregated. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Servants is already acting under everyone's noses as we speak. Not to mention the seventh Master who isn't even present... To be honest Gatekeeper I'm a bit lost on what to do next, do you have any ideas or opinions you want to share? Also do you think we could work close with Ryuga and Saver? They may be a good start with making this group of Masters into an actual united front against Ansiel."

Interactions: Prince_ Prince_
Mentions: Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne , QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel , Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 , LostHaven LostHaven

Alkaid

Oh well. That one was on me, it seemed. The girl was blind, which made my earlier reply not only harsh but also rude. I pinched the edge of my nose, sighing out slightly. Apologies were in order, then. As much as she might have been disagreeable with her own earlier comment, if it had been made in ignorance and not out of ill-will, I couldn't hold it against her.

"Hah... No need to apologize to me, girl. I'm the one at fault here. I hadn't noticed that you were blind."

I quickly eyed her servant and mine.

"Other than that, I maintain what I say. I do not trust your servant in the slightest."

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

--Mata Mendoza-Bilenal--
Interaction: LostHaven LostHaven Crow Crow Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Midrick Midrick
images

Mata glanced at her Servant when the handicapped girl told her that Foreigner seems to be untrustworthy to their eyes. She didn't mind the girl's servant giving her the stinkeye since it's a sign of his loyalty to his Master. She harbors no ill will, however, she just wants someone to talk to.

"To be perfectly honest, I don't know what to think of Foreigner." Mata confessed to Alkaid, "It's my first time dealing with something like...Her. Is it normal to feel alienated to your Servant at first?" She asked, clearly seeing that she's an expert at these matters.

Ryuga Tohsaka & Saver
Crow Crow EMIYAman EMIYAman

Ryuga flinched with his arms up in a somewhat (not really) defensive stance when Foreigner got in his face again.

"Gah! Stay away from me you She-Devil!"

Of course she left him alone... But for how long? Ryuga felt that this girl was the most dangerous Servant out of the group.

Wiping the sweat off his head, Saver would bring a question up.
"Should we head out to search for the enemy servants? "

Ryuga would reject the idea for now.
"Not right now, we have other things to do first."

Like teaming up with Garm and his master so you won't end up dying. I can't lose you like I did your parents.

Ryuga would then approach Ulysses, before stopping next to him.
"I am guessing this is your first time participating in a Grail War?"
He asked, before putting his prosthetic arm on the other male's shoulder.

"I think it would be a good idea if we teamed up. Besides, there's a few people here who I don't trust. Foreigner is one of them."

"You sure it's not because she was hitting on you?"

Ryuga would look towards Saver with shock.

"Why would you think that?! I don't even find that Witch attractive! "

Alkaid

I cast a quick glance at Avenger, before answering the girl's question. Well, it was a legitimate one to ask, even though she hadn't felt anything specific when Avenger had been summoned. Excitation, satisfaction maybe. ...A tinge of attraction too. He wasn't unpleasant to look at, under the armor, but the permanent scowl was a downside of him being... well, Avenger.

"To answer your question, I don't think you would have felt alienated to whoever you had summoned in the first place. I think that whatever "merged", or ate your original summon is the cause of that sensation."

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

Alter-Ego: Currently Mina Harker

The Hommunculus body just stood there her eyes a dead black, covered in haze. Little did her master know that underneath those eyes were currently four spirits trying to fight for control. After a solid ten minutes of just standing there the haze in her eyes faded and revealed a beautiful dark brown set of eyes "How do you do madam? I assume you already know my name if you had 1595995497097.pngsummoned me." She said calmly as she looked at her body as she quietly listened to her masters questions "Well considering I've just been summoned in a body I'm not all that familiar with, I suppose I've faired better and secondly yes I agree let us be off. I apologize for not being here immediately but it seems I was not entirely in control as of yet" Alter answered calmly as she pushed the hair out of her eye and adjusted her massive hat "Ugh honestly why would someone wear such a massive damn hat" She mumbled to herself and as she went to take it off her hands stopped and went down

She sighed "Very well then body we'll keep the hat. So then Master what shall I call you? I prefer being called Alter, Alter-Ego or Ego whichever one you prefer. Hmm I wonder who shall we be facing in this and if we shall have allies in this fight" Alter continued calmly as she analyzed the surroundings as they walked together "Hmm if my deductions are correct, I believe we are in Rome or somewhere of a similar building structure. At least it's cleaner than where I came from"

Her head twisted for a moment and her eyes flashed between brown, green, red and blue before she shook her head "M-my apologies, Master seems I'm not alone in this weird body at best I would guess three others in here along with me" Alter was surprisingly calm about that fact, like this wasn't her first time dealing with the unnatural "Oh and by the way are we going to meet with others or try and find others and sadly have to fight?"

Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne

WEISS SCHWARTZ - Top of the Colosseum

"As a matter of fact, I do not know your name, only your class. All I know is that you were summoned - by me or something, or maybe even spontaneously. I've received my command seals one week ago, and I came from my place to Italy. You're not at fault for being "late" on your summoning, dear. I haven't been quite on time either on my own."

I stroked my chin, thinking of the girl's situation. More than one soul into one body ? Well, that was certainly one hell of an irregular summon - though as long as she was cooperative there wouldn't be any issue. Brown, red, green and blue... So four different souls in one body, as she said herself. Bah. I hoped it wouldn't turn out to be troublesome, but given what I could see of her right now, she was rather mellow as a person.

"Call me Weiss, I'll call you Ego. After... personal experiences, Alter leaves a sour taste in my mouth to say."

I squinted behind my glasses, eyeing the papal plaza in Vatican city while lighting a cigarette.

1596041242863.png

"Don't be mistaken, Ego. We don't have allies in this conflict. From what I gleaned on my own, on one side is House Ansiel, a group of Magi with seven standard class Servants under their command. House Ansiel is apparently in possession of a false Grail. On the other hand, there is Ruler, or what passes for a Ruler-class servant, who has assembled six independent magi to summon six irregular class servants - Avenger, Foreigner, Gunner, Saver, Gatekeeper and Shielder."

I took a puff.

"By symmetry, I assume that we should be the seventh irregular pairing, but as per my duties as a Counter-Guardian, my goal is to put an end to this mascarade of a Grail War, and have Ruler's head on a pike for triggering it in the first place. As well as the Ansiel magi's. So we shall act independently from any other group."

My eyes turned around, pointing towards a building in the outskirts of the city.

"My hotel's there", I said while vaguely pointing an arm in the direction, before continuing. "We're gonna go there and discuss a strategy. Sounds like a plan ?"

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

~Lucas Remmington~
Sistine Chapel

1596409502033.png War. It was such a heavy word yet Charles said it so airily. Like as if they weren't walking into an uncertain fate. Lucas wished that he could be that cavalier about it; or at least be able to pretend that he was. Instead, he had to resist the urge to bit his lip as he mulled over the other mage's offer. It would do well to learn from someone experienced, but there was the fact that they might be enemies once everything was over that nagged at the young man's mind. Knowing that his current allies' swords may turn to point at him in the future made it hard for Lucas to put his complete faith in any of them. While it was in their best interest to work together now, would someone try to kill him early into this war? Take advantage of an opening and relieve him of his command spells and his Servant? Blowing a stray strand of hair from his eyesight, he used his link to message his servant.

"Shall we take Charles up on his offer?"

He knew that as the Master, he could make unilateral decisions and didn't need to consult his Servant. They were just considered a mage's tools after all. However, Lucas knew that he was lacking. Servants were experienced in many things and had at least a lifetime's worth of knowledge stored inside of them. Not consulting his Servant when Lucas himself couldn't identify the dangers in the people around him was more than foolish. It was suicidal. That, and it felt wrong to not ask for Shielder's opinion. Sure, they were technically just constructs made from mana and not people themselves, but when he looked the other man in the eyes the Servant felt all too human.

Masters were leaving the chapel already, functioning as individuals rather than the unified front they were supposed to be. Lucas felt his heart sink as he watched the suspicion in each of their eyes as they analyzed each other. This doesn't bode well.

((Interacting with Takumi98 Takumi98 's Shielder and ChazGhost ChazGhost 's Charles))

Shielder |Salii
images

'Why thank you, Master, that's rather kind of you to say.' Shielder thought through their link when his name was complimented, though glanced to Charles as he spoke to him, giving a thoughtful hum at his words.

"If my Master wishes to learn the art of stealth or not, then that's his choice which I'll stand beside. Expanding his skillset and learning new things is something that many should do after all." He spoke up in an attempt to have pleasant conversation, before watching quietly as both Masters asked Ruler about their opponents. Upon hearing Lucas' question on whether they should take the offer and his thoughts on it...well, Shielder took a moment to try and weight the pros and cons of such a thing to himself for a moment before addressing a few to his master.

'I'll be honest, Master, this Charles Swift seems just a bit too friendly. It's hard to tell if he's genuine or not, but on the other hand when it comes to Shielders I believe I'm not the...strongest of the bunch that you could have ended up with, whether that is due to my somewhat unusual summoning or not I can't 100% say, so having a few strong and possibly well rounded allies could be beneficial. Gunner in the least seems alright, though I have no real opinion on the rest of the Servant's, both Foreigner and Avenger from the little I've seen...rub me the wrong way, admittedly, and I'm not sure if it's just their nature or not. There's already an air of tension and mistrust between most of the master's and servants here it seems, which is understandable but also unfortunate. Just know that either way, I'll be watching your back to the best of my abilities.' Sheilder replied, before glancing to his Master a moment.

'Keep in mind, that I do not intend to insult you or hurt your feelings regarding your method of summoning me.' he added, lightly scratching his cheek almost sheepishly as he did so. Then turned his attention to Ruler.

"To add to the questions already asked, do you know where House Ainsel might be located if they're here in the city at all, or at the very least have any sightings of any of the Masters and or Servants from House Ainsel?" Salii asked, arms crossed.

LostHaven LostHaven Kyrenka Kyrenka ChazGhost ChazGhost @Everybody else

Last edited:
Ruler
Sistine Chapel

Ruler had been standing still for a while now. His eyes drifted out to seemingly nowhere, the servant himself deep in thought. This would be a bloody war, and as things seemed, much more difficult than it needed to be. Six. There were six masters, and six servants. Alter-Ego, and their master were still not yet present. Ruler could only assume this meant that they had no intent in cooperating. Not all stars would align when needed, he had to make do with what was available. "How tricky," Ruler mumbled to himself, rubbing his chin as he continued to ponder. Be it the fact that Ruler had zoned out from the casual banter around him, or that he was simply too deep swimming in his own thoughts, he had unintentionally ignored more than a few important questions. Finally snapping back to reality, the priest glanced over toward Shielder. Then, glancing outside, Ruler noticed that Gunner had long run out of patience, and had already set up a workshop. He didn't blame the man though, Ruler assumed that Gunner had more than a few bones to pick with the church.

"As a matter of fact, I do know a thing or two about the enemy servants," Ruler finally revealed, "where shall I begin. Hmm... Their Berserker seems to be the most troublesome. In fact, I had a brief clash with the ebon-clad knight when I was first summoned, before I had to make a swift retreat. From what I was able to discern, his true name is that of 'Vortigern', if his constant blabbering about bringing ruin to Camelot wasn't enough of a giveaway. As for the other three servants I've seen, their Assassin is Reinhard Tristen Eugen Heydrich, and their Caster is Doctor Faustus. Their Rider, however, is an anomaly. It was a knight clad head to toe in plated armour, mounted upon a dread steed. When I gazed upon him, however, I was unable to discern his true name, or even gain a clue. There is a chance that the creature doesn't even have a true name. Unfortunately, I hadn't come into contact with any of the three Knight classes prior to coming to the Vatican."

Bowing his head apologetically, Ruler motioned toward the exit. "Please, do make use of the peaceful time we have left. Sleep will soon become a luxury, you would do well to sleep soundly whilst you may." Smiling threateningly, Ruler then looked over to Foreigner with a vicious death glare. "Now, if you would please, I need to have a private chat with Foreigner. Be a Servant as you may now, this is a holy place, and vile, sacrilegious acts that insult the name of God is still subject to heavy punishment, regardless of who and what you may be."

Ryuga Tohsaka & Saver
LostHaven LostHaven @Chapel Buddies

Ryuga was present when hearing about the enemy servant identities. Sure, he seemed calm hearing two of the servant names. One he actually knew from a previous war, funny enough. But he kept the shock hearing about who Berserker was from everyone else.

"Guess I'll head to the Hotel then and rest up for a bit."

He would then leave with Saver in tow.

-Hotel-
Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Xcelgamer Xcelgamer

Ryuga would stop a few steps away from the Hotel enterance when Saver noticed his look of dread on his face.

"Is something the matter?"
He heard her ask.

He replied telepathically to her, but he sounded more stressed than normal.
"There is a couple. I kinda had a feeling assassin would be 'her' of all people. "

"???"

"Oh right, you weren't there when it happened. Sorry. "

He started off with his first run in with her. Heydritch was mentally insane with the view that regardless of his severed ties with a previous faction, he was still her enemy. Her abilities were hated by Garm as well as being called an Abomination by Pythia, a previous Ruler.

"So... Basically she's from another world you think you came from. Understood Captain Chuunibyou!"

Ryuga looked away kind of relived she thinks he's talking crazy. Honestly, he hoped he heard assassin's name wrong.

That wasn't his big issue though.

"Hearing that my great grandfather is here... I wish it could have been in better circumstances. I mean, I'm related to him by blood... But if he's fighting for the enemy, I need to try to fight him. "

"So you are as much as an anomaly as myself. "

"I still can't figure how my own granddaughter got Summoned by me. I mean, that's a little crazy, right?"

Saver just shrugged as they went in.

Last edited:
Charles Swift

Charles took a mental note of details of enemy servants as told by Ruler. He also took grew interested in the detail of the ruler not know the identity of all the classes and who had to run. ...There is more to this tale then he is letting on... Interesting... Charles thought himself as Ruler directed everyone left to go relax before the war began. "Well then if you say enjoy ourselves, I shall," Charles said smiling back to Ruler, before looking to Shielder and Lucas. "Heres my card. Just call the number if decided on the training or if you have question about this war that you may need answered by a reliable source." Charles said handing Lucas a business card that all black except a phone number in white. "Until then my friends," Charles said tipping his hat and walking out of the church.

Once out, Charles took on a more serious face. ...Actually I like to meet up and talk... Where is your... Never mind... Charles messaged gunner before seeing the workshop. Charles then simply walked up to the workshop and knocked on the door, to be polite.

LostHaven LostHaven Takumi98 Takumi98 Kyrenka Kyrenka QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Gunner - Abraham Van Helsing
(Van Helsing HideOut)

images
Gunner had been pouring himself a second cup of coffee when he heard a knock on his door. Not that he couldn't feel his Master's approach like a connection drawing nearer. A thread of fate, tying them together by the contract they'd made? It a bit poetic, perhaps, but it couldn't be denied that Charles's will had been what called him to the world and continued to anchor his existence either. That and the Fake Holy Grail. Well, mostly the Holy Grail. A human's power alone wasn't enough to sustain a Servant. However, the fact that their minds were easily linked without active use of magecraft or magic proved the existence of a bond established through the contract...one that couldn't easily be severed even if he were to re-direct the magical paths to different source.

Or maybe it could.

The studies of the relationship between Masters and Servants during his time hadn't exactly been conclusive about the established connections either. Cases where dreams, visions, desires, and even pasts were shared existed, but there was no uniformity in the way the events occurred. Some had strong personal ties. Some didn't. Some were aware when it occurred. Others weren't. It was why he could tell who his Master was from a single glance. The contract had been made the moment he answered Charles's summon.

He hadn't been forcibly brought to the world like Avenger seemed to be. A line called to him--his soul--and he took it. And the one who cast that line was none other than Charles Swift. Holy Grail War rules defined their relationship, but it wasn't the Holy Grail War rules he obeyed. It was his own rules and the contract he answered so that both their wishes could be granted.

Not that his wish would come to fruition anymore. Not in this war anyway.

Sighing, Gunner answered the door and let Charles in. "Welcome to my Workshop - The Van Helsing Hidedout, Master. Would you like some coffee?"

Swiftly returning to the kitchen area, Gunner gestured for Charles to have a seat anywhere he would like. They did have a lot to talk about - the location Charles would like Gunner to settle his Workshop, the things he spoke about with Ruler, whether or he managed to establish alliances with any other Servant or Master pair, etc, but since Charles was the first to bring up talking it only made sense that the hat-wearing magus initiate the conversation. As he set a mug of aromatic dark liquid before Charles, Gunner also pressed the remote control that let him activate his Workshop's presence concealment so that the Van Helsing Hideout vanished from sight, undetectable to even Servants who did not have a skill high enough to sense it. Hadn't turned it on before because it would be awkward if his master couldn't find it.

"There should be packets of sugar and creme stored somewhere in the pantry, but, to be honest, I haven't checked. I'm not especially fond of sweets."

ChazGhost ChazGhost

Last edited:
~Lucas Remmington~
Sistine Chapel

Lucas.png Lucas did his best not to outwardly cringe at the mention of his pretty pathetic summoning. While Shielder himself might not hold any ill well, the mage himself couldn't help but feel a bit guilty at how the Servant was summoned. If he had known that it would've effected Shielder's strength, he would've taken Ruler up on that offer for catalysts. But then I might have had a different Servant. Well, it wasn't like he could do much about it now. Instead, he had to focus on using his assets and allies to their fullest extent. Accepting Charles's card he frowned as he noticed that it only contained the man's number. It was smart on Charles's part; giving out too much information could be deadly after all, but it meant that he didn't trust Lucas.

Which meant he couldn't trust Charles either.

Watching the man's retreating form, Lucas bit back a sigh. At least they had important information from Ruler and a tentative ally in Charles. It would be best to research the Servants that Ruler named and try to find some weaknesses. Nothing was invincible. Glancing at Shielder, the dark-haired boy sent a message through their link. 'Do you have more questions or are you satisfied?' Ruler had already answered Lucas's only question and the dark-haired boy couldn't think of anything else they would need to know. That, and the Servant looked as if he were trying to murder Foreigner with his gaze alone. I don't quite want to be a part of whatever lecture is about to take place.

((Interacting with Takumi98 Takumi98 's Shielder | Mentioned ChazGhost ChazGhost 's Charles Swift, LostHaven LostHaven 's Ruler, and Crow Crow 's Foreigner))

Shielder | Salio

images

"Hm, thank you." Shielder replied once the other had finished talking. While he nodded along to Ruler's words, he frowned at the fact that Ainsel's Rider seemed to be one that had no real true name. If their Berserker was going to be the biggest problem, however, then they'd have to watch out for him most. When Ruler suggested that he needed to 'talk' to Foreigner, Shielder resisted the urge to grimace at what was likely to be a scolding of some sort. He spared the other blonde servant a brief glance but otherwise didn't further acknowledge her.

Turning his head slightly as Charles approached and handed Lukas his card, the Servant simply gave a small nod as he said his farewells and left.

'No, I don't have anymore questions for Ruler, Master. Maybe going to get some rest will be for the best for now, we can talk about the information we've just gotten, and maybe a little more about what we'll do next when it comes to allies?' Shielder suggested, looking at Lucas before glancing to the card in his hand.

'Master, where are you staying? Do you live here in the city, or do you have a place that's relatively safe?' he asked through their link. He had already turned towards the exit, though had his head turned to look at Lucas.

"When was the last you ate?" He asked. He wasn't sure how long his Master has been in the church before summoning him, and it only made sense to eat and drink while resting. Can't be dehydrated or anything.

Kyrenka Kyrenka LostHaven LostHaven ChazGhost ChazGhost Crow Crow @Everybody else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back