• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Fate/Eldritch Code

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
--Mata Mendoza-Bilenal--
Interaction: LostHaven LostHaven Crow Crow
images
Command Seal: 3/3
kamen_rider_kuuga_mighty_by_markolios_d9fyssh-pre.png

What appeared before Mata seemed to be a bizarre entrance. The stench of blood started to fill as she could've sword she saw a gush of blood fall from the ceiling. This, in turn, was followed by a bizarre looking silhouette in her vision--it initially seemed to be a headless young figure, her arm carrying what seems to be its head. The figure then seemed to take something and devoured it. Mata wasn't sure what it is as she didn't smell it beforehand. But whatever it is, it's giving the figure a different scent...Clothing. It gave her some clothing.

Soon, the figure cackled in a defeaning tune, causing Mata to flinch, wincing as her hands moved as if to try and cover ears, yet, somehow, the piercing cackles became much, much bearable, and soon enough, the feminine figure introduced itself as Foreigner, questioning if Mata was her Master. She promptlty cleared her throat before answering, losing her composure when the cackles pierced her eardrums.

"Yes." Mata nodded, "I, Mata Mendoza-Bilenal, am your Master."

Ryuga Tohsaka + Saver

LostHaven LostHaven Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Crow Crow

Ryuga had reached the entrance to the Chapel before he would notice ominous light flash in front of him. He would be blinded for a second before looking back as Saver would do the same before asking,
"Is that some kind of enemy?"

Ryuga didn't answer. He was more concerned about what was coming...

Before he would see who was Summoned. He blinked once. Twice. A third time.

He then rubbed his eyes as if he was dreaming, but could still see it.

Why is there a naked girl in the circle? Uh... I should probably turn around before i get pegged as a pedophile....

"I can see you drooling. "
Saver told Ryuga, before he would flinch and look away.
"I was not!"
He replied quickly, face red from embarrassment.

Besides, there's only one girl before Kozue that I can say I like alot... Uh, she does kinda look like her, don't think anymore! Damn it!

He closed his eyes and slapped his cheeks.
I'm not a pedo, I'm not a pedo, I'm not a pedo.....

Last edited:
Foreigner inspects her newfound Master. Nodding as she circled her like a shark.

"What an interesting character we have here. Filipino based on your name, I assume?" Foreigner grins, as she raises Mata by the chin, "be rest assured, you have summoned a formidable servant. Failure is out of reach as long as I am your ally. Speaking of allies..."

Foreigner takes step after step towards Ryuga, maintaining a grin.

"Why are you looking away? All fourteen of us are working together, are we not? Averting your eyes from me forever will do no good."

Foreigner's hand stretches out to grasp Ryuga's chin, turning him around as she faced him directly, a smug expression forming on her face as the distance between their eyes minimized with each passing second.

Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27

Ryuga Tohsaka + Saver
Crow Crow Thepotatogod Thepotatogod

Crap!
He made eye contact against his own will, and he was not sure how to respond.

"He got blinded by the show of lights that was made during your Summon. That is why."

You're welcome.

Ryuga would then reply in turn,
"Also, if you are planning on doing anything funny, I should mention I'm already married and I don't believe in cheating!"
He was sounding a little worried there, but he then moved Foreigner's hand away from his face before turning around and walking away quickly.

"Right then, I'm pretty sure the meeting room was this way?"

Saver would put a hand up and call out to him.

"Master, I think we're supposed to stay outside! "

Ryuga stopped in his tracks and slowly turned around before scratching the back of his neck.

"Right! I forgot about that! "
Since when was he so susceptible to situations like this? He couldn't remember when he was last put in a spot like that.

Walking back out, he would avert his gaze away from Foreigner again, before talking.

"Since names weren't discussed yet, I should introduce myself. I'm Ryuga Tohsaka. I'm just the average not average Magus."

Ulysses Bourke
Sistine Chapel
193080.jpgHere I was, almost 1,800 kilometers from home back in London. About to officially join a Holy Grail War as a Master. My hands trembled as I gripped the Mystic Code Ms.Olga had gifted me. It isn't anything special basically a magical, mobile, freezer. Made to contain my catalyst. My parents bought me a plane ticket to Italy the moment I told them I was joining the Grail War. I expected more blowback or resistance, but there was none. They merely wished me luck then sent me off with nary a word. Though they did give me an Azoth Blade to assist me. It's embarrassing but despite it being a basic thing for mages to have I haven't owned one till now. Transporting it here was a little troublesome though due to Airport Security. Nothing a little mental suggestion couldn't fix though. The plane ride here wasn't so bad but riding economy class is rarely enjoyable. In fact the plane ride was almost a blessing compared to the bus ride which had taken a full hour to get to the Sistine Chapel from the airport. While the Chapel was just as impressive as I imagined, I could barely appreciate it due to how exhausted I was from the constant travel. By the time I had arrived the other six Masters were already there. Is this really how I'm gonna start a Grail War? Alright get it together Ulysses you got this, show no fear and keep your head clear. Showing weakness to other the Masters won't set a good first impression.

So far this is certainly more interesting than class. When I got the letter I wasn't quite sure what to expect. I'd heard of the Holy Grail War of course, you had too when your teacher was once a participant in that war, but I was still uncertain. I knew the basic details, seven Masters, seven Servants, seven different Classes, and a wish granting magical artifact. Though this Grail War seemed to be far different than the standard. Abnormal Classes, 14 Masters, a false Grail, a great evil, the world being threatened? Indeed, this Grail War would be unlike any other.

I was startled when the first summoning had been done. I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't notice until I could feel the magical energy permeate the air. A beautiful wheelchair-bound women was the first to delve into the unknown. Despite her disability she seemed confident and powerful even if she looked frail. The Servant she summoned was something else entirely. Logically speaking you know a Servant is something not human and possessing a great spiritual weight, but this Avenger was quite imposing. To be honest he was incredibly terrifying to even look at. So I averted my gaze suddenly finding my peers more interesting. The other Masters either watched, asked questions or just started their own summoning. If these people were to be my allies I should at least see what kind of people I'm working with. We were certainly a diverse team. Different nationalities, skin colors, clothes, and even hair. I quickly noticed that I seemed to be the youngest here, though two others looked to be closer to my age. I stood near the back of the group not really saying much. I'm sure they have already formed their opinions of me from just that, if they noticed me at all. A flash of light, then another Servant was called into this world. What am I doing!? Stop thinking just GO!

Without wasting any more time I got on the floor and started drawing the circle. Fortunately I've done research on the Holy Grail War before hand. So I was able to grab the materials I need for the summoning in advance. Still though... this is nerve-wracking. It would probably be better to use blood but this chalk should suffice. Circles, sigils, glyphs and lines. All requiring painstaking attention to detail, near perfection. I sat up on my knees and surveyed my work. A drip of sweat went down my brow. The Seal of Solomon was complete. Now, the summoning. I gulped in anticipation then got into a stance with my hand outstretched.

"Let silver and steel be the essence.
Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation.
Let the hunt for the Beast be the purpose.
Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall.
Let the four cardinal gates be sealed.

Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate.

Let it be declared now;
your flesh shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your sword.
Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail.
Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth.

An oath shall be sworn here.
I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven;
I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell.

The one who guards the apex of the world.
Where death and life intersect.
The gate which none may enter, and you who stands at the forefront.

From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power,
come forth from the ring of restraint, protector of the holy balance!"

The Od drains from my body to feed the spell. Light shines from the circle bright and powerful. The future is being molded in this very moment, and I can't help but be in awe. This shall be, my Servant.

Interaction: Prince_ Prince_

~Lucas Remmington~
Sistine Chapel

View attachment 744937 This...couldn't be real right? How the hell did a bloke like him get chosen? The symbol on his hand was real enough but not his abilities. He wasn't even a proper mage, much less suitable for combat. Still...It wouldn't do well to drop out now. It didn't feel right. He couldn't provide much, but he supposed that any help was better than no help. Besides, maybe he'd come out of it having learned something useful. Lucas felt out of depth already though. None of the people around him looked familiar and these servant classes were unfamiliar to him. Bloody hell, the entire concept of a Grail War was unfamiliar to him. Thank you Mum and Dad. He did as much research as he could before arriving, but first-hand knowledge from an experienced mage would've been ideal. Not wanting to draw attention to himself, the young mage watched the others intently. Summoning he knew the basics of, but something of this caliber had to be more complex. Ruler proved to be the best one to watch as he drew a circle right there for a wheelchair bound woman. Alkaid, was it? The name didn't ring a bell, but then why should it? It wasn't like he knew most of the other mage families. Not even bothering to hide his wayward eyes, Lucas studied Ruler and Alkaid closely. Memorizing the circle and its design wasn't difficult, the problem was that he hadn't brought a catalyst. Is it really necessary? He had read that it was if he wanted a specific servant, but he didn't know enough to properly choose one. I guess I'll be leaving it up to fate then. A servant was a servant after all, what truly mattered was using their abilities to their fullest extent.

The sudden light that spilled from the circle stopped all thought in Lucas's head; all he could do was watch in awe as Alkaid brought forth her servant. The armor the man donned was intricate and intimidating, surely this was a powerful servant. Surprisingly, the face hidden underneath the helmet was handsome and youthful. I was expecting someone more war weary. But this man didn't even have a scar on his face. The mage vaguely wondered if all servants were like that; beings with beautiful features that belied their true nature as deadly warriors. Eyes drifting towards the doors leading to the outside, Lucas hesitated. Should I really do this? Once it was done, there was no backing out. He could very well perish during this or worse. There was no turning back once he summoned his servant. Tilting his head back, he wondered what his teacher would do. She'd accept her role undoubtedly. The woman was quite rigid when it came to 'duty' and all that. She would've accepted without hesitation. I should too. Swallowing past the lump in his throat, the dark-haired man took one last look at the summoning circle before making his way out of the chapel.

The air outside was colder than he remembered it being. It was as if the world around him knew what was happening.

As if it were warning him of the danger.

Shaking off the shiver that ran down his spine, Lucas grabbed a stick and began painstakingly carving a copy of Ruler's summoning circle into the dirt. Frowning down at his creation, he couldn't help but think it was sad compared to the cleaner one Ruler had drawn. Poorly drawn circle, no catalyst, and no chant. There was no way this would actually work. He didn't know what he was doing. Squatting down to gently trace over the lines of the crude circle, he whispered in a desperate tone, "Please."

((Summoning Takumi98 Takumi98 | Mentioned Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne 's Alkaid, Midrick Midrick 's Avenger, and LostHaven LostHaven 's Ruler))

Shielder | Salii

images

There was no response, no Servant pulled from the Throne of Heroes for the young Magus and all was quiet other than Charles's comment. But--

Vzzrt!

As if in answer to Lucas' plea, there was a sudden spark. Small sparks of white electricity bounced through the lines of his crude summoning circle. It glowed faintly as light poured from each line and there were whispering chants and hymns spoken in an archaic tongue, before gradually becoming brighter as the seconds ticked by as the whispers and hymns grew louder. Slowly, a figure began to emerge from the center of the circle, the light dimmed a moment as if something was wrong, like a connection was temporarily cut, before surging and growing brighter again, the whispers and hymns began to lessen and fade as more of the Servant that came to Lucas' call was revealed and eventually the servant stood before him fully as everything else stopped and what remained was a young man.

Dressed in a tunic with a short cape, with light armor, strapped to the Servant's arm was a large brass shield that almost looked like a figure eight, with some sort of pattern on it's face. Placing his free hand on his hip near the holster where his short sword would rest on his belt, the Servant tilted it's head at Lucas curiously.

"I am Shielder, I ask of you are you my Master?" He asked, a flicker of something in his brown eyes as he eyed the young Magus.

Kyrenka Kyrenka ChazGhost ChazGhost

Garm4.png
Garm, Gatekeeper
Sistine Chaple

Ulysses, upon finishing his chant, would see the summoning circle begin to light up. The sound of shattering metal echoed from the circle and a distant howl could be heard, seeming to emanant from the circle. A column of whirling snow and ice rose from the perimeter of the circle, the snow and ice glowing from the light within the circle it obscured. A silhouette would appear within the storm of the circle, a large masculine figure, kneeling on one knee. The silhouette would rise, and the whirlwind of ice would disappear. Garm would be standing within the circle, his mask brightening with each breath in, and dimming with each exhalation. He looked directly into the eyes of Ulysses and proceeded to introduce himself.

"Thou hast summoned Garmr, the blood-soaked hound of Hel, as absolute! Thou hast my subscription, I shall emboss for you, I shall front any enemies we may encounter, and I am yare, whether it be for combat or any other trial you need the assistance of a ravin servant to o'er'wrought! Alas, to pall this introduction of mine, I wilt ask, what doth be thy nameth?" Garm, whilst awaiting an answer, surveyed the room around him, his eyes having stopped for a moment, locked on Ryuga, only for a moment, before resuming his scan of the room. He set his right arm on the pommel of his blade and allowed his left arm to rest. He thought to himself, "Other servants, in our immediate location? Suppose I must prepare myself for a fight." Garm then said, pulling his sword slightly out of its scabbard. He then said to Ulysses, not giving him a chance to answer the previous question. "Are we in danger, from these other servants and masters?". Garm was already readying himself for a fight.

Interactions
Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 as Ryuga Tohsaka (Mentioned) | EMIYAman EMIYAman as Ulysses Bourke

~Lucas Remmington~
Sistine Chapel

1593555972264.png There was a beat of silence as nothing happened. Lucas felt his heart sink immediately as his cheeks burnt with a bit of embarrassment at the failure. Idiot. He didn't have to dwell on it for long though. A little late, light burst forth from the circle written in the dirt. His heart leapt in excitement. Maybe he really was ready for this war. Musical whispers sang in a language he didn't understand; it was enchanting, even as the voices grew slowly louder. Then the circle's light flickered, before faltering and reigniting again. Rising to his feet, Lucas watched in horror as the figure that had materialized in the circle flickered in and out of reality as the summoning seemed to struggle. "No no no," he whispered, "Please work!" The sudden surge of light and sound was unexpected to say in the least; it caused the mage to flinch as he shielded his eyes from the intense brightness.

When the light has finally faded, Lucas lowered his arms and blinked until his eyes were able to focus on his surroundings once again. His eyes took in the servant before him. He couldn't help the relieved grin that spread across his face. The dark-haired man was so excited that he almost ran up to the servant. Almost. Composing himself as he was taught to do, Lucas strode to his servant. "Yes, I am your Master." Offering his hand to shake, Lucas continued, "My name is Lucas Remmington, I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance." Already guesses as to who his servant was were running through his mind. The mage was very eager to find out who exactly he had summoned, but it would have to wait until they were in private. In all of the texts he had read about servants one thing was always repeated: Never tell someone their name. If others knew who the servant was then they could better prepare against them. Granted, some weren't too hard to figure out but from Lucas's standpoint Shielder appeared to be someone harder to identify.

((Interacting with Takumi98 Takumi98 's Shielder))

Gunner - Abraham Van Helsing
(Sistine Chapel)

original.jpg
Gunner's eyes were drawn away from Ruler when the light of a summoning circle ended, revealing the appearance another Servant in the most grotesque way. Malevolent laughter sounded, endued with such madness that it might've given Abraham a chill down his spine if he weren't a Servant himself and used to dealing with many crazies. Vampires, in general, tended to go insane quite easily if bloodlust wasn't satiated. Carmilla was no exception. Darkness, paired with haughty arrogance, was quite appealing in its own right. The blond girl wasn't nearly as voluptuous or refined as Carmilla, but he could very well tell that she belonged to the Evil-alignment as well. She also seemed rather handsy given her approach of her master and the other white-haired mage.

More importantly, his gut told him she was no ordinary Servant either. She gave him the same 'off' feeling as Ruler did...but in the different way. Foreigner was what she called herself. She certainly had a 'foreign' feeling about her. However, Gunner was quickly growing used to the fact that this 'fake grail war' produced 'fake Servants' that were clearly couldn't be classified as normal. To be honest, she didn't look very terrifying appearance-wise or strength-wise, but Gunner made it a rule not to underestimate Servants in general. She was dressed like a scientist would, but he didn't recognize her identity. One of the more modern Servants?

Even if his Master said that guessing what sort of Servants would appear was impossible, there were plenty of clues available. He’d been watching Ruler after all and had seen the catalyst given to the Spanish/Filipino-accented Master. The ‘Forbidden Script’ he’d called it. A book titled ‘The King in Yellow’. That meant she was somehow related to the book. Its author perhaps? A character? Was she a king? While Gunner liked to consider himself well-read, he wasn’t familiar with the story or legend…which likely meant it was something beyond his time.

Curious.

'Foreigner has been summoned, Master.' Gunner informed Charles through their link. With nothing better to do until all his allies were summoned, or Charles decided he had a plan of his own, Gunner began to clean his weapons. 'Have you ever read a script called ‘The King in Yellow’?'

ChazGhost ChazGhost
(mentioned: Crow Crow )

Last edited:
Ulysses Bourke
Sistine Chapel

So, this is my Servant. Gatekeeper. He's looks intimidating but he doesn't feel like a bad guy. I don't know all the details of how the Grail works but shouldn't he be talking
Jude_Status_(ToX2).jpgnormally? I can barely understand him. *sigh* well I hope he's strong—wait, did he say Garmr? As in the hound of hel!? I had a feeling I'd summon a Norse Servant but wasn't Garmr considered an actual hound? Hmm the records detailing Garmr are sparse however, so it stands to reason that we don't have the full picture... From what I know Garmr or Garm has such a strong connection to death and the underworld that if he wasn't humanoid he could be considered a Divine Beast, a Phantasmal.

Garmr looks around for a second and I watch in awe. He suddenly pulls his sword out from his side slightly—startling me—and asks if the other Servants are a danger. Right, I guess he wouldn't know the situation we're in. I better explain.

"Don't worry Gatekeeper we're all allies here. Me and the other Masters were called here by Ruler to fight an opposing team of seven Masters. They intend to use a 'Fake Grail' to summon an Evil of Humanity, a Beast!" I do my best to put out a good impression and look my Servant in the eye. "I can't promise you the Grail as I'm not sure what will become of it at this time so you may have to give up on your wish for now, but this is a battle to protect the world so I implore you to aid us as my Servant." I put my hand out as a show of trust and smile. "My name is Ulysses Bourke an aspiring mage."

Interactions: Prince_ Prince_

Charles Swift

Charles was surprised to see the young mage actual summon a servant with his sad ritual. Charles began clapping his hands and cheered "Well done, well done my young friend". Charles walked up to the master and servant pair with a bright smile on his face. "I came out here because I believe you would be in need of help but it seems you are more capable then I thought. I do hope you will continue doing so as this war continues" Charles add as he reached the pair.

"Oh before I completely forget my manners, I am Charles Swift, master of Gunner," Charles said taking his hat off and giving a short bow to shielder and their young master. After doing so Chares got a message from his servant. ...Speak of the devil... Anyways king of yellow?... No, I haven't, it's cursed script that drives people mad from what heard from lorecraftening legends... Please do tell me this has nothing to do with a catalyst for a servant... Charles message backed slightly worried.

Kyrenka Kyrenka Takumi98 Takumi98 QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Last edited:
Alkaid

As expected of Avenger; barely a second in and already angry. Not that it really mattered, I thought. As long as I could keep this relationship purely professional, there wouldn't be any issue - though mutual respect would be appreciated. I eyed the man from head to toe; he had quite the handsome face, it was a shame that he didn't put a smile on it. Judging by the gear, he was a warrior of some kind, not a magus or a sniper. I found this to be somewhat comforting. I wasn't a melee fighter like some other magi could be - not that I could or wanted to be so anyway - and a two-member ranged team would be an indulgence in overspecialization.

I met his gaze, unflinching.

"I forget very little, Avenger. All that I have forgotten are things that are dead and buried, never to come back."

I turned around, heading towards the exit. I wasn't above making a point, though. I snapped my fingers, softly enough to not be heard among the discussions in the chapel, and one of my circuits flared up, activating a simple spell - pressure fell on the room, not enough to force anyone to their knees, but just enough to force people to pay attention to it.

"Come now. Let us go to a safer place to discuss purpose. One thing before we go, though... do not insult me again, Avenger."

Midrick Midrick

~Lucas Remmington~
Sistine Chapel

View attachment 750702 There was a beat of silence as nothing happened. Lucas felt his heart sink immediately as his cheeks burnt with a bit of embarrassment at the failure. Idiot. He didn't have to dwell on it for long though. A little late, light burst forth from the circle written in the dirt. His heart leapt in excitement. Maybe he really was ready for this war. Musical whispers sang in a language he didn't understand; it was enchanting, even as the voices grew slowly louder. Then the circle's light flickered, before faltering and reigniting again. Rising to his feet, Lucas watched in horror as the figure that had materialized in the circle flickered in and out of reality as the summoning seemed to struggle. "No no no," he whispered, "Please work!" The sudden surge of light and sound was unexpected to say in the least; it caused the mage to flinch as he shielded his eyes from the intense brightness.

When the light has finally faded, Lucas lowered his arms and blinked until his eyes were able to focus on his surroundings once again. His eyes took in the servant before him. He couldn't help the relieved grin that spread across his face. The dark-haired man was so excited that he almost ran up to the servant. Almost. Composing himself as he was taught to do, Lucas strode to his servant. "Yes, I am your Master." Offering his hand to shake, Lucas continued, "My name is Lucas Remmington, I'm very pleased to make your acquaintance." Already guesses as to who his servant was were running through his mind. The mage was very eager to find out who exactly he had summoned, but it would have to wait until they were in private. In all of the texts he had read about servants one thing was always repeated: Never tell someone their name. If others knew who the servant was then they could better prepare against them. Granted, some weren't too hard to figure out but from Lucas's standpoint Shielder appeared to be someone harder to identify.

((Interacting with Takumi98 Takumi98 's Shielder))

Charles Swift

Charles was surprised to see the young mage actual summon a servant with his sad ritual. Charles began clapping his hands and cheered "Well done, well done my young friend". Charles walked up to the master and servant pair with a bright smile on his face. "I came out here because I believe you would be in need of help but it seems you are more capable then I thought. I do hope you will continue doing so as this war continues" Charles add as he reached the pair.

"Oh before I completely forget my manners, I am Charles Swift, master of Gunner," Charles said taking his hat off and giving a short bow to shielder and their young master. After doing so Chares got a message from his servant. ...Speak of the devil... Anyways king of yellow?... No, I haven't, it's cursed script that drives people mad from what heard from lorecraftening legends... Please do tell me this has nothing to do with a catalyst for a servant... Charles message backed slightly worried.

Kyrenka Kyrenka Takumi98 Takumi98 QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Shielder | Salii

images

Shielder took the offered hand and shook it with a firm grip, nodding in approval at his Master's confirmation.

"The pleasure is all mine, Master." He greeted, tilting his head slightly as Charles applauded Lucas' successful summoning and introducing himself afterwards. As Charles bowed, Shielder's gaze flicked down to the circle he stood over and-ah, he supposed he could see what the man had meant. Well, it worked in the end so it didn't matter all that much as long as his Master remained safe. That was something he'd do his best to ensure. Giving the man a slight bow of his head in greeting the Servant glanced to his Master momentarily.

'I'm right to assume this Master of Gunner is an ally, as well as the other Servants gathered nearby, yes?' He asked through their link, having picked up that there were quite a few Servants already gathered in the church. There wasn't the sounds of battle either, and that thought made him relax just a little.

Whether that'd last would depend on how they all acted in the next few minutes or so, he was sure.

'How much do yoy know of the Servants beside Gunner and myself participating in this war?' He asked through their link again.

Mentioned: Kyrenka Kyrenka ChazGhost ChazGhost

(Sistine Chapel)

original.jpg

‘A legendary cursed script that induces madness, huh? Interesting…’

Abraham had never heard of such a thing in his lifetime. Was it a new sort of magecraft? Regardless, Charles seemed somewhat worried about it, so perhaps he should do a bit of research on the topic—starting with whatever this ‘Lorecraftian’ is.

‘It was indeed used as a catalyst. Though, I cannot say what sort of Servant was summoned. She doesn’t look too strong physically, but I’d need to face her in combat to be certain.’ Wiping the barrel of his gun with what appeared to be a handkerchief, Gunner continued speaking to his Master mentally. ‘The one you were interested in earlier seems to be Garmr, the Guardian of Hell’s gate in Norse legends. Given his identity, I’d guess he is either summoned as GateKeeper or Avenger.’

Probably didn’t have much reason to like the gods from what he’d read though, honestly, Abraham didn’t sense much malice from the warrior so GateKeeper was more likely. Not that that meant much to Gunner. While the grail imparted him enough knowledge about his class, and he was knowledgeable about certain special classes like Ruler or Avenger, there were also certain holes in his knowledge. Gaps. The ‘fake’ grail only gave him the knowledge he needed to know…and he certainly hadn’t heard anything about a ‘beast’ being awakened.

‘Hm, no, nevermind, he must be GateKeeper. The magus in the wheelchair called her Servant Avenger.'

Gunner could feel the pressure build in the room when she activated her spell, though it wasn’t anything that could affect a Servant like himself. He could feel it of course. He wasn’t summoned with an innate magic resistance. However, with his natural Servant strength, the force generated felt more like a weak breeze trying to push at him. She didn’t look like she was trying to create serious harm anyway. Really though. If Gunner weren’t the sort to look before he leap, he might’ve considered her activation of the spell on the entire room an assault and attacked her on the spot. Avengers and Berserkers were not known for their tempers.

'There appears to be dissonance between them,”Gunner blew away a speck of dust from his weapon, inspecting it for any further signs of filth from polluted air. ‘Avenger and his master, I mean. They seem to be leaving as well. Should we follow suit?'

He might as well get started in building his workshop. While making allies and keeping an eye on the Servants summoned was a good thing, there was no saying they had to work together to do the task. Or even do what Ruler told them. Gunner didn’t even trust Ruler. Anything spouted from that clerical Servant was bound to be lies, considering he was summoned from a ‘fake grail’ they had to destroy, or some sort of priestly sermon that Gunner had no intention of listening to. If Avenger wanted to fight all seven of the other enemy Servants alone, it wasn’t as if Gunner particularly cared one way or the other. Allies were only useful when they were willing and a poorly formed alliance could even prove detrimental.

Gunner had already been betrayed once in his life. He didn't look forward to a repeat.

Fool him once, it was their fault, but fool him twice and it was all on him.

ChazGhost ChazGhost

(mentioned: Crow Crow Prince_ Prince_ Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Midrick Midrick LostHaven LostHaven )

Last edited:
~Lucas Remmington~
Sistine Chapel
1594168571100.png Gunner? Another odd class, but at least it was pretty self-explanatory. Charles seemed friendly enough, so Lucas offered his own smile in return, "It's a pleasure to meet you. Not quite sure if you heard me before but I'm Lucas." He had thought bowing was out of fashion, but it seemed like he was wrong. The dark-haired mage bowed in return. Bloody hell he really hoped that this Charles fellow hadn't heard him say his last name to his Servant. The last thing he needed was curiosity about his background. Straightening back up, this time Lucas wasn't able to hide the slight jump he made as Shielder spoke to him through their link. Telepathy!? Red eyes slid over to his Servant. He hadn't read anything about this when doing research. Was this unique to his Servant? It's useful at the very least.

Doing his best to keep his gaze on Charles rather than Shielder so as to not alert the other mage that there was something going on, Lucas replied, "Yes, you are correct. There's seven Servants, including you." Pausing to rack his mind for a moment, he continued, "There's Gunner, Foreigner, Saver..." What had Alkaid summoned? He couldn't quite remember the Servant saying his name. "I apologize, that's all I know of. However, we will be fighting against seven other traditional Servant classes. Lancer, Saber, Archer, Caster, Berserker, Assassin, and Rider." They would proabably be learning the identities of the other Servants soon; or at least, their classes. After another beat of silence, Lucas asked, "May I know your name?" Surely if he was told via this psychic link they seemed to have it would be safe? He had to admit, he was dying to know who the man he had summoned was.

((Interacting with Takumi98 Takumi98 's Shielder and ChazGhost ChazGhost 's Charles))

Charles Swift

...Great... She will be some on one to keep an eye on... Because whatever she is, it's not based on a human... Charles messaged back to his servant before Gunner continued feeding information to him. ...Interesting... No... Don't worry about following them... Let them sort out there problems... For now, I will let act on what you think best while make sure our alliance with Shielder and there master well-formed... Just keep in touch... Charles messaged back before fully focusing on the master and servant in front of him.

When Lucas introduced himself, Charles caught on to the fact he didn't mention his last name. Charles did recall him saying his last name to his servant but due to conversing with Gunner mentally, he didn't catch it. ...Just another thing to look into later... Charles thought to himself. Then Lucas jumped and tried to look at his servant without Charles noticing, which he did. Charles shook his head and sighed. "Lucas my friend, we will need to work on your skill of deceit. You are obviously hiding your last name and based on your surprise moments ago before glance over to your servant you are hiding yet another thing." Charles said grinning and talking like he was a teacher. Which to be fair, he was an expert in the subject at hand.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Kyrenka Kyrenka Takumi98 Takumi98

Ryuga Tohsaka & Saver

"..... Are you guys dense or something? I "Did" introduce myself!"

Ryuga would state angrily, but then sighs.

I'm surrounded by a bunch of newbies.... At least Garm is here, he's a good listener.

Ryuga would then walk over to Garm and have a hand up in greetings.

"How's it going Gatekeeper? It's been a while."

( Prince Prince Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne LostHaven LostHaven @masters. Other Servants can reply)​

WEISS - Arriving in Italy

I had expected everything. An unmoving presence, an onslaught of deadly attacks, illusions of smoke and mirrors, blackened servants, everything. What I had not expected was the absence of anything. I had risen on my feet, Kanshou and Bakuya in my hands ready to strike. But there was nothing. Only the wind, the clouds, and the setting sun. I thought of whispers, of hidden monsters, of illusionary veils, but all there was was silence. Silence and dread, swirling above like vultures gripping at my heart. Maybe... Had I imagined it ? Had I dreamt of this scent, of this presence ? I scoured the entire yard with my gaze, then moved out and blazed through the entire neighbourhood - nothing.

I let go of my blades, letting them disappear into thin air and blue particles of magic - they would be useful no more. What was I here for, if not the resurgence of the Shadow ? Why had I been sent forth, if there was nothing ? I erred aimlessly in the streets of Fuyuki after dark, wandering without thought till the great bridge. The moon was now high in the sky, but it was merely a thin crescent, almost entirely hidden by the dark cloudy threads of vapor up there. What was I doing here, staring at the sky...

A red light, flaring on my left hand.

Impossible sight and yet very real. A set of command spells, like the one I had been granted many years ago in my own Grail War, an advent I had despised since the very first day. Anger rose within me, and my gaze grew steely and sharp. So that was why. Now, I thought, now I had a goal. There were magi to punish and a war to stop.

I walked down the bridge, hailing a taxi to get to the airport.

-

One week later

-

Standing here, hidden in plain sight, atop of one of the Colosseum's ruined pillars, gazing at the magnificent scenery of Rome... it was calming. I could feel them, the other servants being summoned one by one far away in the city while I stood here. I had no need to join them. My own servant had appeared by itself - herself - though she was of the very strange variety, and I did not really know how to take her. She was standing nearby, eyes hazy as if she wasn't entirely here. I tucked my hands in the pockets of my coat and turned to her, greeting her politely.

"Nice to meet you, Alter-Ego. I am Weiss Schwartz, the one who has been chosen as your master. I am positively horrible at small talk, so I'll limit myself to two questions. First, how are you ? Your class is deeply unfamiliar to me, and I'd rather not go into the thick of things if you have inherent issues. Second... Shall we be off ? Things seem to have started already, waiting more would be a waste of time."

Xcelgamer Xcelgamer LostHaven LostHaven

(Sistine Chapel)

original.jpg

‘Very well, Master. I will begin the creation of my Hideout once I finish questioning Ruler and bring it to your location. ’

Making his hideout/workshop in the Sistine Chapel didn’t seem to be appropriate given its size, though the location itself appeared to be a good spot. The Holy Church might not much like magicians, but the Palace of Pope Sixtus V was built upon consecrated lands and made powerful by various blessings bestowed upon it. An empty spot in the palace’s courtyard should be good enough. Though, he’d need to make sure no civilians were watching as well.

He slipped his weapons back in their holster. ‘Best of luck with your part. While it may be a bit forward, an invitation to dinner is generally a good way to cement an alliance. Contact me if you need me. I won’t be too far.’

Shielder was a good choice. A defensive Servant would surely keep Charles safe while Gunner did his own thing…or went on the offensive. Gunner supposed he ought to be making nice with the Masters and Servants in the chapel as well. Or, at the very least, not make enemies. Knowing he already had seven potential targets to deal with was enough. He did not need another seven to have to watch out for. Gunner had already done enough observing of his ‘allies’. His weapons were shinier than ever. Now was the time to act.

Clearing his throat in an entirely obvious manner to get attention, Gunner stepped forward from where he leaned against the chapel walls and introduced himself to whoever was present. Or whoever was willing to listen. As an experienced lecturer, he knew very well that words were perfectly capable of going through one ear and out the other when interest was not caught. Especially if it were a room full of children. “For the purpose of this war, I am called Gunner. If it isn’t obvious, I specialize in long-ranged firepower, though I’m also rather proud of my hunting skills and dabble in various mystics for my chosen profession. It’s a pleasure to meet you all.”

Simple and straight to the point without revealing too much. Just enough so his ‘allies’ would know what they were working with…if they chose to do so, of course. If they were all like avenger and wanted to handle everything on their own, it was certainly their prerogative.

“I assume since we were summoned here that the war will take place in Vatican City and that our enemies are here as well. Or they will be if they aren't already. Therefore, I’d like to get started setting up my defenses and scouting the city as soon as possible. Before I do though, I’m curious as to whether Ruler knows anything about these enemy Servants we will be facing.Their identities? Strengths? Weaknesses?" Gunner looked to Ruler as he posed the questions, pushing up his glasses as he did so. "You are Ruler, are you not?”

It’d be nice to know that the enemy was Achilles and he could just shoot at the heels, but, even if they weren’t, he might be able to prepare something if he knew who he was up against. Possibly. Honestly, he had a lot more questions to ask—questions of a different sort—but he had a feeling doing so now would be disruptive to the group as a whole so he chose not to. Besides, a good part of his suspicions was mostly gut feeling and personal dislike towards the clergy. While he did point out some oddities to Charles, none of it was enough to raise a red flag yet. A Ruler that chose to go against the grail that summoned them was strange…but then the entire grail war was strange from the start.

Why, for example, did the 7 Servants act against Ruler? Even if one considered the fact that their human masters wanted to bring about calamity to their own world, for personal hatred or otherwise, surely the spirits of heroes couldn’t all be so corrupted as to desire the destruction of humanity?

Better to play the good Servant and not be open with his suspicions for now. As he’d told Charles, openly opposing Rulers was rarely a good idea in Grail Wars. Best to make use of the fact that the Ruler class was on their side to their advantage. If the other Servant was indeed Ruler, it likely knew Gunner’s identity anyway, as well as any associated weakness…unless of course, it wasn’t summoned with True Name Discernment, in which case could it even be called Ruler? Just a useless robed Servant with command spells that didn’t even look very strong. About as useless as he imagined the Holy Church to be in the upcoming war to ‘save the world’ as Ulysses Bourke so optimistically put it.

LostHaven LostHaven ChazGhost ChazGhost

Last edited:
Garm4.png
Garm, Gatekeeper
Sistine Chaple

Garm listened to his master's explanation, grunting in acknowledgment of the fact that he wouldn't get a chance to make a wish. Garm responded with "Saving the world, I suppose is a worthy enough trial for me." Garm stared at the outstretched hand, and shook it, albeit grabbing the top of the palm. He incorrectly shook Ulysses' hand, and said: "Well, let us prevent the destruction of the world!". Garm sheathed his sword and began looking at his 'allies'. At the very least, servants and masters who wouldn't attack him or Ulysses on sight. Garm asked Ulysses "Have you interacted with the other masters yet? It seems prudent to set good relations with them."

Garm looked to Ryuga and then thought for a moment. It seemed something clicked inside his head, and he exclaimed "Ryuga! How many years has it been? You look no different!" He clapped Ryuga on the shoulder, perhaps a bit harder than necessary, and looked to Ulysses and said "Ryuga here is an old friend of mine. How am I able to remember? I'm not entirely sure myself. The grail and I have never really meshed well together." Garm turned his head back to face Ryuga. "Well, it appears we are allies once again. Which servant hast thou... I mean, have you summoned? Rider? Sabre? Caster?"

"Yes, Gunner here does bring up a good point."
Garm chimed in, having given Ryuga some space after their conversation, after Gunner's brusque introduction and questioning. Clearly he didn't want to make much known about him. Garm used his telepathic link to Ulysses to say 'It'll be difficult, not knowing the abilities of our allies. Cooperating will be difficult, I should say.'. "The more we know about our opponents, the better we can prepare ourselves for an attack, or prepare to attack.". Garm continued with "How much knowledge do you actually have pertaining to the other servants? Names? Skills?" Garm flicked aside his cape, so that it sat comfortably upon his back, whilst he awaited a response from Ruler.

Interactions: Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 EMIYAman EMIYAman LostHaven LostHaven , QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel and to whomever it may concern.

Last edited:
~Lucas Remmington~
Sistine Chapel
View attachment 753382 Gunner? Another odd class, but at least it was pretty self-explanatory. Charles seemed friendly enough, so Lucas offered his own smile in return, "It's a pleasure to meet you. Not quite sure if you heard me before but I'm Lucas." He had thought bowing was out of fashion, but it seemed like he was wrong. The dark-haired mage bowed in return. Bloody hell he really hoped that this Charles fellow hadn't heard him say his last name to his Servant. The last thing he needed was curiosity about his background. Straightening back up, this time Lucas wasn't able to hide the slight jump he made as Shielder spoke to him through their link. Telepathy!? Red eyes slid over to his Servant. He hadn't read anything about this when doing research. Was this unique to his Servant? It's useful at the very least.

Doing his best to keep his gaze on Charles rather than Shielder so as to not alert the other mage that there was something going on, Lucas replied, "Yes, you are correct. There's seven Servants, including you." Pausing to rack his mind for a moment, he continued, "There's Gunner, Foreigner, Saver..." What had Alkaid summoned? He couldn't quite remember the Servant saying his name. "I apologize, that's all I know of. However, we will be fighting against seven other traditional Servant classes. Lancer, Saber, Archer, Caster, Berserker, Assassin, and Rider." They would proabably be learning the identities of the other Servants soon; or at least, their classes. After another beat of silence, Lucas asked, "May I know your name?" Surely if he was told via this psychic link they seemed to have it would be safe? He had to admit, he was dying to know who the man he had summoned was.

((Interacting with Takumi98 Takumi98 's Shielder and ChazGhost ChazGhost 's Charles))

Charles Swift

...Great... She will be some on one to keep an eye on... Because whatever she is, it's not based on a human... Charles messaged back to his servant before Gunner continued feeding information to him. ...Interesting... No... Don't worry about following them... Let them sort out there problems... For now, I will let act on what you think best while make sure our alliance with Shielder and there master well-formed... Just keep in touch... Charles messaged back before fully focusing on the master and servant in front of him.

When Lucas introduced himself, Charles caught on to the fact he didn't mention his last name. Charles did recall him saying his last name to his servant but due to conversing with Gunner mentally, he didn't catch it. ...Just another thing to look into later... Charles thought to himself. Then Lucas jumped and tried to look at his servant without Charles noticing, which he did. Charles shook his head and sighed. "Lucas my friend, we will need to work on your skill of deceit. You are obviously hiding your last name and based on your surprise moments ago before glance over to your servant you are hiding yet another thing." Charles said grinning and talking like he was a teacher. Which to be fair, he was an expert in the subject at hand.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Kyrenka Kyrenka Takumi98 Takumi98

Shielder |Salii
images

So they were to fight seven other classes and their Masters. He wondered what sort of Masters they were.

'Alright, and you don't need to apologize Master since we'll be meeting with the rest of our allies sooner or later. As for my name, you can call me Salii. Or if you wish, you can even give me a nickname.' Shielder responded through their link, before chuckling to himself as Charles called out the young Master on his lack of, as he called it, deceit.

"I'm not so sure I'd call it deceit, per se, moreso a lack of subtlety on my Master's part, Sir Swift." Shielder spoke up casually. Deceit was such an ugly sounding word, but if that's what Charles wanted to call it so be it.

'Oh well, I'm sure if we need to we can work on that, right Master?' He asked telepathically.

"Though from the sounds of it, you have some skill in the art of deceit, and you're willing to teach." He added, smile still in place even as he rose a curious brow as he spoke. Swift was a fitting name, as he was quick to catch on to things it seemed. How his Master chose to respond to the suggestion of hiding his last name from the other was up to him really.

To Shielder, it wasn't a big deal currently, but if it could somehow be used to hurt the red eyed young man he'd have to keep an eye out.

Mentioned: Kyrenka Kyrenka ChazGhost ChazGhost

Garm looked to Ryuga and then thought for a moment. It seemed something clicked inside his head, and he exclaimed "Ryuga! How many years has it been? You look no different!" He clapped Ryuga on the shoulder, perhaps a bit harder than necessary, and looked to Ulysses and said "Ryuga here is an old friend of mine. How am I able to remember? I'm not entirely sure myself. The grail and I have never really meshed well together." Garm turned his head back to face Ryuga. "Well, it appears we are allies once again. Which servant hast thou... I mean, have you summoned? Rider? Sabre? Caster?"

Ryuga chuckled.
"Really? Must be my youthful energy then."
Ryuga replied to Garm stating he doesn't look much different.

Of course, he probably forgot about his dragon blood and ancestry, explaining why Garm asked.

Ryuga would bring a hand up in a friendly gesture being introduced to Ulysses.

"Hello."

When asked what servant he has, he looked away with a look of concern and anger.

"Not something I was expecting. "
Saver approached, and nodded in agreement.

"I take it that master-"

Ryuga shuddered. He was having trouble getting used to it.

"Already knew you from a previous conflict? I am Saver. I hope we can get along. "
Saver said, as she bowed in respect.

EMIYAman EMIYAman LostHaven LostHaven QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Prince_ Prince_

Ruler
Sistine Chapel

To be completely honest, Foreigner's, or at least what became Foreigner, their grand entrance gave even Ruler quite the fright. The priest's warm smile bent downwards into a concerned frown as a headless body fell from the ceiling. "What in the name of God-?" Ruler blurted out, raising both his arms, midway through assuming a pugilistic stance. However, the headless girl completely ignored all the other servants in the room, and waltzed her way right to the manifesting Saint Graph and... devoured it whole. Eyes narrowing, Ruler lowered his stance whilst the girl let out a wave of horrid laughter, resonating with eldritch madness. Letting out a small sigh, Ruler's lips curled back into a smile as he readjusted his glasses before tucking his hands behind his back.

"Well, this is certainly unexpected," Ruler commented calmly, completely recovering from the small scare from earlier. "I won't ask as to how you managed to get inside, dressed as you were, no less," he continued, "but this is a change that is certainly adaptable to." Turning to Mata, Ruler completely ignored the exchange between Ryuga and Ruler - such discussion was surely forbidden upon holy grounds, but they were practically tourists - and tourists were notorious for their misbehaviour. This, at the very least, was more acceptable than licking the treasured mosaics on display in the Vatican.

"Well, originally, I'd expected the King in Yellow to bring forth a playwright," he explained to Mata, "that is to say, something close to a Caster-class servant. Well, I suppose there's not much of a change there," he then added, upon examining Foreigner's new outfit, which lead Ruler to assume this new servant was something akin to a researcher, likely an alchemist like Paracelsus of Flamel.

The next servants called forth was a Shielder, and a masked knight in ebon armour, who reeked of death and decay. Ruler wasn't even able to begin to make guesses before Gatekeeper literally yelled out his true name for all to hear; the guardian of Hel's gate, Garmr. Ruler stared at Gatekeeper for a brief moment, seemingly puzzled. Wasn't Garmr a wolf? He even declared it so himself. Ruler quickly let it go, however. Half of it made sense, Garmr was literally a Gatekeeper after all.

"Now now, best to direct that animosity toward the enemy," Ruler addressed the ruckus that was arising around Avenger. Then, he took one more look at all the servants gathered at the Sistine Chapel. Six in total. It seemed as though the master of Alter-Ego had decided to ignore his summons. Well, it was inevitable; Ruler never expected every single master to comply to his ludicrous request - in fact, he was already pleasantly surprised that six of seven had. "I'll start from the beginning. That alliance of mages, Ansiel, in their hubris saw it fit to attempt recreate the Greater Grail, and in that regarded, succeeded. To a degree. By some horrendous luck, it appears as though a Beast of calamity has found an opportunity to infest the grail and use it as their passage into the world. You can guess at the consequences should that happen. Though thankfully, it appears as though this false grail needs to consume a few more than seven servants to obtain sufficient mana to operate. That's why it is imperative that we must annihilate the opposing teams whilst keeping our casualties to a minimum. Once we reach the Grail, we will annihilate it. Though, it is strange that I was summoned in place of a Grand Servant." Ruler paused at the thought, rubbing his chin for a moment in consideration. "I assume that this is a safer option - preventing Beast's summoning rather than facing it once it has shown itself. On that note, it appears as though Beast V of Calamity's true name is Nyarlathotep, the Crawling Chaos and Soul of the Outer Gods. Those familiar with Lovecraft's works may know its name well. I'll happily answer any more questions you all may have. Otherwise, I suggest that each of you make any necessary preparations, or use what time you have left before the carnage begins."

Takumi98 Takumi98 Prince_ Prince_ Aelia Aeldyne Aelia Aeldyne Gundam Watcher 27 Gundam Watcher 27 Crow Crow Xcelgamer Xcelgamer EMIYAman EMIYAman ChazGhost ChazGhost Kyrenka Kyrenka Midrick Midrick Thepotatogod Thepotatogod QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

(Sistine Chapel -> St. Peter's Basilica)

original.jpg

Again with the ‘LoveCraftian’ stuff.

It seemed he really would have to research on the topic. Fortunately, the era he was summoned in appeared to be fairly modern and didn’t look to be deprived of books. On the contrary, since the Sistine Chapel seemed to be completed, it was obvious he’d been summoned to a future beyond his own time. The exact date was yet to be determined, but that was a simple enough information to obtain. Just asking his master should suffice.

What irritated Gunner was that his questions were completely glossed over by Ruler in place of further explaining what Charles already explained to him, but in greater detail. Granted, fairly important details, but it further served to enhance Abraham’s dislike of church Servants—this time on a personal level. A simple ‘I don’t know’ or ‘they haven’t been summoned yet’ could’ve sufficed. There were only two bloody Servants asking the questions, after all.

Withholding an irritated sigh, Gunner glanced over at the Servant that had verbally agreed with him, noting the loss of Old English usage, before focusing on whatever information Ruler could provide. House Ansiel. Beast of Calamity V. Nyarlathotep, Crawling Chaos and Soul of the Outer Gods. Perhaps if a Grand Servant had been summoned, Gunner would’ve been more assured of its inclination to save the world, regardless of holy denomination. They were summoned by the world, after all. Alas, as it stood, Gunner didn’t trust Ruler further than he could throw him. Therefore every word uttered was taken with a grain of salt…and it wasn’t just because Gunner disliked the Holy Church either.

“I’m glad you’re open to questions being asked, Ruler, because I assure you I have many more…” Gunner started, a wry smile forming on his lips. “But, seeing as we’ll be working together to save the world from this horrid Nyarlathotep, I’m certain there will be plenty of time to go over each and every one of them later.”

Gunner's eyes swept over all those present in the chapel.

“So, for now, I shall take my leave,” Didn’t sound like Ruler had anything else more useful to say about their enemies. “If you need to contact me for any reason, please do so through my Master. I will adhere to his wishes.”

The white haired master of the strange red-haired servant—one bearing a human-like vessel—seemed to be old acquaintances with Garm, the guard ‘dog’ of hell, so might as well let the two of them catch up. How a human ended up being friends with a beast of Norse legends, Gunner could only guess, but it wasn’t the strangest thing he’d seen today. Of all the mages, it was Avenger’s master that caught his eye the most. How the hell a human managed stuff themselves with 100+ hundred souls, without changing their bodies into a homunculus of some sort, was a mystery to him—a wonder of modern magecraft, he supposed. As someone who’d delved into soul magic in his un-ending study of vampire physiology when he’d been alive, Gunner found the woman’s advanced knowledge intriguing, though it was more the sort of thing Michael Roa Valdamjong would be into. While they both shared the same interests and paths in research, their reasons were entirely different.

Valdamjong wanted immortality .

Abraham simply liked vampires.

Of course, given GateKeeper’s identity as one who guards the door to the dead in Norse mythology, Gunner didn’t expect the other Servant to share his views…though it wasn’t as if he knew for certain. In fact, it might be interesting to hear how the guard dog of Hel and legendary ‘instigator’ of Ragnarok felt about necromancers.

Later. Gunner had his priorities, after all. While Abraham Van Helsing was his past and the core of identity, Gunner never lost sight of the fact that he was just a Servant—a familiar summoned by mages to do battle in Holy Grail Wars. Therefore, regardless of who his allies or enemies were, or which era he was summoned in, he didn’t have a problem letting go of the past doing what needed to be done. Usually.

“Also, Garmr? I’m pleased to learn that you are more clever than your legend describes. Knowledge of our enemies will surely help us in the war to come,”
For a moment, Gunner’s eyes briefly flickered towards Ruler in thought before the Servant vanished into his spiritual body and flew away.

As he’d told Charles, Gunner didn’t travel very far. He found his ideal leyline just outside the walled borders of Vatican City near St. Peter’s Basilica. With his double summon skill, Gunner had the Caster reserves necessary to create his workshop without using a leyline, and he could always draw from his Master if necessary, but why waste what you can just take from the earth? Besides, beneath the big church was a maze of catacombs where many dead Christians were buried - including the remains of St. Peter himself. An excellent spot for him to do his work. Manifesting back into his physical body, the Servant walked around until he felt the point where mana flow was the strongest.

“There,” Gloved palm pressed to the ground, Gunner closed his eyes as he drew the prana of the earth to manifest his workshop. Shouldn’t take too long. It was just a workshop, not a bloody temple. But, once created, it would have a battery of its own. It would be a safe fortification to create his items, strategize, observe his enemies, and keep his Master safe if the man didn't have his own place to stay. His preliminary scan of Vatican City, which didn't actually take very long given how small the city-state was, showed no signs of enemy Servants or House Ansiel. Assuming the Holy Church was in support of their side, the independent enclave within Rome could serve as a fine territory to act as a base for their 'team'. The problem being that Gunner didn't actually like the church, but personal vendetta could be pushed aside for the bigger picture. There was also the fact that he didn't completely trust Ruler and had no idea where House Ansiel was located.

Did they even live within Rome? If not, the journey to destroy a fake grail would be longer than he thought.

(mentioned: ChazGhost ChazGhost )
Prince_ Prince_
LostHaven LostHaven

Last edited:
~Lucas Remmington~
Sistine Chapel

1595044391713.png Wide-eyed, Lucas focused his attention on Charles again. I suppose I'm not as subtle as I thought. That was actually a tad bit embarrassing. He resisted the urge to duck his head like some sort of scolded child who was caught red-handed. "I supposed I do have a few things to learn," he admitted. Glancing at his servant, he offered the other man a small smile. "Salii is a wonderful name, and if you're able to teach me anything I'd be more than happy to learn." If he had to guess, Lucas was dead last when it came to experience. The most he could do at this stage was make up for his inexperience with knowledge and some training. The mage didn't offer anything else though. He knew his unwillingness to reveal his last name set off a red flag, but that was one person out of the other five; ten if you included their servants. Charles could look up him up if he wanted to; it wouldn't be hard, red eyes weren't a common family trait after all. Yes, he'd let Charles figure it out on his own. If the information caused hostility then he'd try and deal with it when it came up. Hopefully not though. The last thing they needed was more distrust between the group of strangers.

Sounds echoed from the chapel, and Lucas's head swiveled in curiosity. I suppose that would be the other servants making their appearances. "I think now would be a good time to return to Ruler." He didn't want to miss out on anything important. Dutifully, he waited for Charles and Shielder to join him before even thinking of entering the chapel. It'd be rude to leave his newly summoned servant and a potential ally behind. Although he didn't completely trust the other mage yet, he had offered Lucas friendly advice. It wasn't much, but it was something. He needed whatever advantage he could get. That includes names. While he wasn't here for Gatekeeper's summoning, he was fortunate enough that Gunner repeated the servant's true name. While Garm was a name he had never heard of before Lucas was certain that a few trips to the library would help piece together the servant's identity. If he announced his name, then perhaps he's a bit more brash than the others? Another thing to mentally catalogue. Unfortunately, Garm wasn't the only thing he needed to research. This Nyarlathotep thing was something else he needed more information on. However, Lucas did know enough of Lovecraft and his infamous monsters to feel the beginnings of fear trickle into his consciousness. He shifted a little as he glanced at the more confident faces around him. He would most certainly be spending his remaining time preparing with his servant, but it did bring a question to Lucas's mind. "How much time do we have?" Not knowing didn't sit well with him. He didn't want to be caught off-guard.

((Interacting with ChazGhost ChazGhost 's Charles Swift, Takumi98 Takumi98 's Shielder, and LostHaven LostHaven 's Ruler))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back