• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Purr Purr

Hey! Normally I cant really post on weekends. But I'll be extending it this time. Im in Christmas vacation, so wont likely be able to get a post out until after the 25th.

D. Rex D. Rex Hey, thanks for the heads-up and have a delightful Christmas with you and yours, D.! =)

Heya Gang!

Post away in here if it helps you have fun and get away from it all, or enjoy yourself outside of here and post when time allows! Take your pick! This is your safe haven 365 days a year!

Whether you celebrate Christmas or not, whether you have the time to party or not, I hope you make the best of time you have on this Earth and enjoy yourself - preferably with people you love! And remember - you have your fellow wacky RPers in here too! =)

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

Update: Diamonds of Fate have been added to Shop Talk. =)

Alrighty - I hope you had and still have an awesome time with your family and friends, certainly had a few nice, calm and peaceful days myself =)

The Pathfinder 2e rulebook joined my collection over Christmas, so that kind of keeps me away from the screen, but I'm slowly getting back on track with my posts regardless of that. Next on the list: Broadsword! I've got a technical question for the well-informed Logan pilots amongst us, though: How do the ejection seats work? More precisely, how do you activate them? It has to be simple, just so that pilots can get it done under stress and within a few moments. On the other hand, it can't be something that you can just press by accident. So looking at examples in today's technology, I'd expect some kind of easily reachable lever to get things started, either on the side of the seat or on top (it seems like there are some models where you pull the lever down around your head, so to speak, like in some rollercoasters). But then there's the fact that it gets both seats started at the same time, if I'm not mistaken, so it might be in the middle between the seats, or both have their own on the side, or it's in-between the instruments in front... so, there's options. Just wondering if it's established somewhere which of them is the right one, out of curiosity. And because it might change nuances in the general plan of 'get the hell out of there'.

Silanon Silanon In my mind, there are two ejection handles, one positioned to the left of the pilot, and one positioned to the right of the co-pilot. They are similar to the F-14 Tomcat's ejection handles. Spoiler ahead.

This scene sucks big time, but it's also the best example I know of ejection handles in aircraft and so I use it.
"Top Gun Goose Death"

Unlike the Tomcat, the Logan's ejection seats blow at the same time, proceed in different directions (to make way for their individual parachutes), and then their chutes automatically deploy.

Back to a happier note, I'm really glad you're enjoying Ylva's prologue, Sil! =)

Hoping I can find some time to finish my post for it soni can start catching up. I have it halfway written.

Great! Again, no rush! Take your time with it and enjoy the writing process! =)

The Pathfinder 2e rulebook joined my collection over Christmas, so that kind of keeps me away from the screen, but I'm slowly getting back on track with my posts regardless of that.

Silanon Silanon I think Pathfinder 2.0 is a fantastic tabletop system and if you need any online resources, please let me know. Kaerri and I found a few that we like. =)

I've yet to see the system really in action - ony ran through a small combat by myself to get a feel for how things work out - but I think I like most of the changes I've found thus far. Lots of small things that should make everything a little smoother than what I'm used to, but still the familiar feeling... certainly excited after the first read and trying to rebuild a few characters of mine...

If you found good things out there, I'd be happy to learn about them - I found the Archives of Nethys as a good resource, but a few of the potentially useful tools/sites I stumbled across aren't quite there yet; found a few things that either use the rules from the beta, or aren't available just yet.

I like Nethys too ^3^ If you have a smartphone/tablet/thingy, there's a really nice character creator app called Pathbuilder2e by David Wilson (Redrazors). It's free, although some features (like storing characters on the cloud instead of on your device) require a one-time payment to upgrade to premium.

Update: Changed Shop Talk definition of Diamond of Fate to "2. You may roll this die for virtually any one roll, be it Saving Throw, Initiative, Strike, damage, Skill check, etc. (no, not Hit Points! Hah!)."

Update: Changed Shop Talk definition of Diamond of Fate to "2. You may roll this die for virtually any one roll, be it Saving Throw, Initiative, Strike, damage, Skill check, etc. (no, not Hit Points! Hah!)."
What about an SDC roll when getting a skill that increases it? :3

Here is your answer:

Update: Changed Shop talk definition of Diamond of Fate (again) to "2. You may roll this die for virtually any one roll, be it Saving Throw, Initiative, Strike, Parry, Dodge, damage, etc. (no, not Hit Points or S.D.C./character advancement rolls! This means you, D. Rex! Ha ha! =) ).

Leave it to good ol' D. to "make" me re-update Shop Talk all by himself! =)

Silanon Silanon Re: Prologue - "24 Hours Ago" for Ylva Sveadotter. Well-written post there, Sil! Man, I felt shivers after reading that and I'm the Game Master! =)

Glad to hear that the post reads as intended - thanks for the feedback =)

Completely unrelated: I checked out the Pathbuilder - thanks for the hint, Kaerri! Don't have a tablet myself, but there's tools to make it run on Windows as well. Besides, it seems like there are plans for a Steam version as well, for later... looks good thus far, and certainly makes it easier to run through a few different characters.

Yeah, we tried using Pathfinder 2.0 for our fantasy game here on RP Nation, but it's just too clunky - so we are in the process of voting on changes to make to our rules as we return to our Pathfinder 1.0 builds. =) Again, for tabletop, PF 2.0 seems superb once you get the "language" down! =)

Heya Gang!

Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus Psychie Psychie D. Rex D. Rex Silanon Silanon

When we last left our heroes, they were zipping down the beginning of the Chessel Corporation's "under-highway" in Vera Cruz in pursuit of a ball-like robot that seems to possess the speed of an automobile. Santa goodness aside, you are welcome to type in what your characters want to do while in pursuit of the thing. Since we're not in combat, there is (so far) no Initiative to be rolled.

A special shout to D. and Sil here. Your Prologues are there to compliment one another for you to intertwine your stories or you can choose to go your own way. Given that Sil is ahead in his replies, the stories (at this rate) are going to separate. But this is a game and not a job so you guys can post when you will. These are the Prologues for your characters after all! =)

Enjoy the fun, folks! Welcome to 2020! =)

I also want to spend an Action Point to help with my attack on the robot. I'll mark it off my character sheet.

I'll try to catch up!

When you are able, D.! Real Life Always Comes First. =)

I also want to spend an Action Point to help with my attack on the robot. I'll mark it off my character sheet.

Psychie Psychie Don't mark that Action Point off just yet! =)

Since this just happened (in Real Life), I'm going to give your teammates the chance to respond. If everyone is cool with Toph shooting, and shooting first, then we'll go with that. However, if other players want a different course of action, your team can talk about how they want to go about it. Earlier, squadron leader Elinor wanted to "catch" the thing. Hercules then stated the idea of not firing at it but following it. Now Toph wants to shoot it. Let's see which action takes place once the others have their say. =)

I don't understand what there is to be done about it, even if our characters wanted to. Toph shot.

Nooot exactly. =) Psychie declared Toph shot. If everyone is O.K. with her shooting, she shoots! If not, then we might have an Initiative roll on her hands. This is Elinor's (and everyone else's) chance to declare otherwise. If Elinor, being squadron leader, tells her otherwise, I imagine Toph will hold her fire allowing the Wild Cards some other strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back