• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiative order (Beginning of Action #5, Round 1 - Outpost #5 is 6,500 feet away from Mario and Cera and 13,000+ away from the other Wild Cards)
Outpost #5: 15 (4 AA guns [4] Guns 1, 2, 3, & 4)
Outpost #5: 15 [5] (Surface-to-Air Missile Launcher - lightly damaged)
Cera: 14 [5] (Stealth Logan - Guardian mode, Mario's wingman - Readied action - "Protect Mario from the SAM site")
Elinor: 13 [5] (Super Valkyrie - Jet mode with Trouble/MechaKitten, 41/56 SRMs remaining)
Mack: 9 [5] (Super Valkyrie - Jet mode, Elinor's wingman - Toph's wingman, fired on Drone #6)
Toph: 8 [5] (Ajax - Jet mode with Professor Stein - sped up to meet Drone #6, barely dodged)
Mario: 7 [4] (Stealth Logan - Guardian mode)
Griffon Drones: 4 [5] (#6, coming in straight at you from 1/2 mile away, at about 500 miles per hour and roughly 350 feet in altitude. It will be in Toph's gun range on action #6.)

Initiative order (Beginning of Action #5, Round 1 - Outpost #5 is 4,000 feet away from all Wild Cards)
Outpost #5: 15 (4 AA guns [5] Guns 1, 2, 3, & 4)
Outpost #5: 15 [5] (Surface-to-Air Missile Launcher - moderately-damaged)
Cera: 14 [5] (Stealth Logan - Guardian mode, Mario's wingman - Will attack the SAM site using guns.)
Elinor: 13 [5] (Super Valkyrie - Jet mode with Trouble/MechaKitten, 41/56 SRMs remaining)
Mack: 9 [5] (Super Valkyrie - Jet mode, Elinor's wingman - Toph's wingman, Critical hit on Drone #6)
Toph: 8 [5] (Ajax - Jet mode with Professor Stein - destroyed Drone #6!)
Mario: 7 [5] (Stealth Logan - Guardian mode - Attacked SAM site with guns)
Griffon Drones: (All destroyed)

Seemingly arbitrarily chosen for them, and equal in rank to Toph and Elinor -- and equal in Traversing experience to all of them but Stein -- she'd proven he

Ah, if you'll recall, Shirley received an in-combat promotion to 1st Lieutenant sometime during the early chapters of Broadsword. =)

As for "Leader Mack," yeah I noticed that too! First you (and by "you" I mean Elinor) goes and teaches Cera the word, "jerk-face," and now she's got most of you using her Ura-Meltrandi terminology! Who's teaching who here?! Ha ha! =)

It just tickles me that your characters are sharing terminology you normally wouldn't know. You're having a positive effect on each other. =)

Let's just say I've seen lousier "teams" (both on and off the roleplaying table). I'm appreciative for this one! =)

In other news, D. Rex's "Ricky" and Silanon's Ylva (pronounced "ILL-VA"?) are cooking in the oven and looking really good! I've tossed a number of goodies Cap'n's way (mainly details needed to get Hercules up to your characters levels).

I have to tell you all - I'm just blown away! =) We have had 3 PCs in here for so long that to suddenly have 6 (and 6 I really enjoy spending my free time with) is just terrific! I think I'll be changing up your story a bit because otherwise it might be a month after their characters are done before they see action and I think that's a little too long.

it might be a month after their characters are done before they see action and I think that's a little too long.
No worries for me there! Depending how how a certain story element works out, it might take that long to be ready for it.

Besides! Non combat can be just as fun as combat!

Looking forward to get the character finished, still got some stuff to do there - feel like I'm exactly where I want to be with my character, though, so it's mostly the actual character creation that's missing. No need to rush the story forward to let us join, though, good stories take their time - if it takes a month, then that's how long it takes.

Short note about the pronounciation - I chose the name because of the meaning, with no clue how to say it properly. Thus, I had to do some research myself, this is what I found:

How do you write that if you want to show the exact pronounciation? I'd go for Eelva over Illva, but I've seen both variants during my search - the eel/ill doesn't quite sound like the beginning of "illness" to me, though. Can't think of a comparable word in English, but I guess that's kind of the point of names in different tongues?

No need to rush the story forward to let us join, though, good stories take their time - if it takes a month, then that's how long it takes.

Oh, I don't mean to rush the story, just tweak it. In my experience, the sooner one plays a recently-created character, the better. If too much time passes, I lose hold of my characters. I hope to have Ylva and Ricky into their prologues. =)

Can't think of a comparable word in English, but I guess that's kind of the point of names in different tongues?

Oh, absolutely! Take Capn's Hercules for example. That last name of his ("Papadopolis") is about as Greek as it gets. =) Thanks for the pronunciation guide!

I pulled the name "Meilyr" out of a book for a character once, with no real clue as to pronunciation (it's Welsh). Several months of saying "meh-LEER" later, I find out it's actually close to "MAIL-er," which I didn't like. Later iterations of that character have a spelling change ("Meliyr") to reflect the way I want it said.

Long story short, it's your character and it's pronounced the way you want it to be. ^;3^

Initiative order (Beginning of Action #5, Round 1 - Outpost #5 is 4,000 feet away from all Wild Cards)
Outpost #5: 15 (4 AA guns [5] Guns 1, 2, 3, & 4)
Outpost #5: 15 [5] (Surface-to-Air Missile Launcher - heavily-damaged)
Cera: 14 [6] (Stealth Logan - Guardian mode, Mario's wingman - Fired on SAM, missing.)
Elinor: 13 [6] (Super Valkyrie - Jet mode with Trouble/MechaKitten, 41/56 SRMs remaining)
Mack: 9 [5] (Super Valkyrie - Jet mode, Elinor's wingman - Toph's wingman, Critical hit on Drone #6)
Toph: 8 [5] (Ajax - Jet mode with Professor Stein - destroyed Drone #6!)
Mario: 7 [5] (Stealth Logan - Guardian mode - Attacked SAM site with guns)
Griffon Drones: (All destroyed)

Kaerri Kaerri

I don't mind going with the 'all at once' option to speed things along. Just so long as we get the option to switch targets if our original one(s) are smoked out before we reach the end of our attacks.

Oh definitely. I wouldn't do you guys like that and make you waste your actions. =)

I'm good with an all-in post too. ^33^

Mario will continue to hit the SAM site until it is dust. It will probably use up the last of my actions.

I don't know about that. Between Mario and Cera, that SAM site has taken quite a pummeling. One good damaging shot could take it out of the fight.

If it is out of action and I still have attacks left, I'll shift targets to AA gun #1.

Psychie already said as much. Let me get some dice rolling *grabs the orange, white, and yellow d20s*.

Psychie Psychie But first, I should ask. Where is Toph striking first? (And would you post the answer in in-game, please?)

Thanks for your post! I wanted to know because the White die came up with a Natural 20. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back