• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fat Gandalf's Bar & Lounge (OOC Chat) - Chapter Six

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know how much I love to create. Even a miss can turn into a little story!

Best of all, that Natural 1 I rolled on my orange d20 didn't come up when Mario was shooting down that incoming drone volley earlier, right? =)

(I'm writing Part 2 of 2 now.) =)

Very true. If I have to miss a shot, better now than when I'm trying to knock out an incoming missile!

It's true. I did the math prior to writing the post and that 12d6x10 Mega-damage volley averaged out to 420 with a top-end of 720. The combined M.D.C. of the Super Stealth Logan's Main Body and Reinforced Pilot's Compartment is 450... Having come to that conclusion, that's why I wrote the post I wrote. =)

(Whoops. I forgot Mack's prepared action and so I have edited my last post.)

Initiative order (Beginning of Action #3, Round 1 - Outpost #5 is 7,500 feet away)
Outpost #5: 15 (4 AA guns [4] Guns 1, 2, 3, & 4)
Outpost #5: 15 [4] (Surface-to-Air Missile Launcher - lightly damaged)
Cera: 14 [4] (Stealth Logan - Guardian mode, Mario's wingman - Used readied action and Readied it again "Protect Mario from the SAM site")
Elinor: 13 [4] (Super Valkyrie - Jet mode with Trouble/MechaKitten, 45/56 SRMs remaining)
Mack: 9 [3] (Super Valkyrie - Jet mode, Elinor's wingman - used readied action)
Toph: 8 [3] (Ajax - Jet mode with Professor Stein)
Mario: 7 [3] (Stealth Logan - Guardian mode)
Griffon Drones: 4 (#5-6, coming in straight at you, 1.2 miles away, at about 400 miles per hour and roughly 400 feet in altitude.)

Mario curses at himself for missing the AA site. That would have never happened in a Spartas, damnit! "Thanks for the cover fire, Cera!" He swears to himself some more, promising that the next shot will be on target, no matter what!

While Mario is absolutely right about that not happening in a Spartas, I do hope the dice are with him on his next shot. Friendly reminder - Action Points are a thing in my games. =)

Honestly, I didn't think I'd need it, since the only way I could have missed that shot is a 1-4. I played the odds, and I got bit.

I didn't think you needed it either. =)

While Mario is absolutely right about that not happening in a Spartas, I do hope the dice are with him on his next shot. Friendly reminder - Action Points are a thing in my games. =)

Yeah, and don't ask me where my mind is (work), but an Action Point wouldn't have changed a thing since it's not a Called Shot to hit the AA gun and the thing isn't going to dodge anyway. Heh! =)

EDIT: And yes, Pedro and his familia are very happy there are Marios in the world. =)

Last edited:
Update note: I have updated my Character Creation Guide to better reflect the game as it is today, added Special Aptitude Bonuses table, and the fact that we have a dice roller in Hosted Projects. =)

If it had been a 2, I might have asked if the action point would at least have given him a shot (hehe) of hitting even with that low a roll. But I think a 1 is always going to miss regardless?

In our previous Rifts (tabletop) game, I allowed Action Points to alter natural rolls (except for natural ones). However, that would be a little too much for our Robotech game here (you guys asked about that around two years ago and I said the same). =)

Initiative order (Beginning of Action #3, Round 1 - Outpost #5 is 7,500 feet away)
Cera: 14 [4] (Stealth Logan - Guardian mode, Mario's wingman - Used readied action and Readied it again "Protect Mario from the SAM site")
Elinor: 13 [4] (Super Valkyrie - Jet mode with Trouble/MechaKitten, 45/56 SRMs remaining)
Mack: 9 [4] (Super Valkyrie - Jet mode, Elinor's wingman - delaying and waiting for "orders")
Toph: 8 [3] (Ajax - Jet mode with Professor Stein)
Mario: 7 [3] (Stealth Logan - Guardian mode)
Griffon Drones: 4 (#6, coming in straight at you, 1.2 miles away, at about 400 miles per hour and roughly 400 feet in altitude.)

Psychie Psychie Do what'chu wanna do! =)

Mario nods, not that Mack can see him.

Sherwood Sherwood Actually, she can if she has her HUD on him! Since the start of game, I've described the HUDs in your cockpits as having cameras (it's how Elinor is able to see MechaKitten/Trouble from her front seat without turning her head around). And since I made all of the human-based mecha in two-seaters, all of the RDF, ASC, and Broadsword mecha have HUDs like these. =)

The HUDs look a bit like this (the following YouTube video is from Do You Remember Love? and it's SPOILER CITY so, if you are like me and cannot stand spoilers, please don't watch this clip until you have seen the movie.).

After about 10 seconds of dialogue... =)

Initiative order (Beginning of Action #4, Round 1 - Outpost #5 is 6,500 feet away from Mario and Cera and 13,000+ away from the other Wild Cards)
Elinor: 13 [4] (Super Valkyrie - Jet mode with Trouble/MechaKitten, 41/56 SRMs remaining)
Mack: 9 [4] (Super Valkyrie - Jet mode, Elinor's wingman - joining Toph as wingman)
Toph: 8 [4] (Ajax - Jet mode with Professor Stein - sped up to meet Drone #6)
Mario: 7 [4] (Stealth Logan - Guardian mode)
Griffon Drones: 4 [5] (#6, coming in straight at you, 1.2 miles away, at about 400 miles per hour and roughly 400 feet in altitude.)

Initiative order (Beginning of Action #5, Round 1 - Outpost #5 is 6,500 feet away from Mario and Cera and 13,000+ away from the other Wild Cards)
Outpost #5: 15 [5] (Surface-to-Air Missile Launcher - lightly damaged)
Cera: 14 [5] (Stealth Logan - Guardian mode, Mario's wingman - Readied action - "Protect Mario from the SAM site")
Elinor: 13 [4] (Super Valkyrie - Jet mode with Trouble/MechaKitten, 41/56 SRMs remaining)
Mack: 9 [4] (Super Valkyrie - Jet mode, Elinor's wingman - joining Toph as wingman)
Toph: 8 [4] (Ajax - Jet mode with Professor Stein - sped up to meet Drone #6)
Mario: 7 [4] (Stealth Logan - Guardian mode)
Griffon Drones: 4 [5] (#6, coming in straight at you from 1/2 mile away, at about 500 miles per hour and roughly 350 feet in altitude. It will be in Toph's gun range on action #6.)

Since nothing fired upon Mario, Cera's action for the round is effectively wasted. After the in-game defenses are declared and resolved, it will be Elinor's turn again. =)

Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Silanon Silanon D. Rex D. Rex Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus (Kaerri already knows.)

Guess what folks? Terrific news! Cap'n's coming back to Broadsword! Real Life has finally made it possible for him! Details below...

1. I'm upping Hercules to 6th level (but first I'm cleaning up his old sheet; it hasn't been upgraded since 2nd level. That'sa Lotta Dust! =) ).
2. Leave it to me to figure out how he rejoins you guys. If memory serves, Herc went on hiatus when the Wild Cards were adventuring inside the Lord Dalzak's Assault Scout. I don't believe he was present when Sam led you to the Broadsword.
3. This adventure you're currently on might get a few changes in it as a result! =)

Huzzah! The mighty Hercules will return! Mario won't be the only tanker in the squad anymore!

Heya Gang! Kaerri Kaerri Sherwood Sherwood Psychie Psychie Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus D. Rex D. Rex Silanon Silanon

I've decided to put on a fun little activity that will help our gaming group (that is about to double in number). I call it, "What Happened Next?" (A Rewarding Opportunity) and it's about catching the new and returning player up while the rest of us gab about the story a bit together. What would you want to know if you just started in Robotech: Broadsword?

Check it out! I think it might make a nice ice-breaker for everyone. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back