• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Farewell to Kings: Temple of Hyxia

Tobias’ eyes widened and he realized what was happening. He patted her on the shoulder. “Hey, there... don’t cry Rhi. I’m sure he loved you a lot, he just had a busy life. Being chief can’t be an easy job.”

————
“Oh you know, black braids, nice dresses, hourglass figure. Deep eyes that see right through me. Someone like that I would like to bite a little bit.” He playfully snapped his teeth at her.

Rheitz wailed. "He was so busy with my brothers! I was just a burden. But he was so much better than any of my friend's!" She reached for another whiskey, gulping it down with a sob. "Why did he have to die?!"

She grabbed Tobias's shirt, shaking him. "Why?!"

"Darn, and here I thought I had a chance." She pouted playfully, playing with a strand of her hair. "Well, I guess I'll just have to see if that warrior goat I danced with is available."

Tobias was at a loss. She was acting ridiculous. What would Lautrec do, he thought. He grabbed her by the shoulder and gently shook her, then moved the whiskey away from her.
“Calm down Rhiezt! You’re far from useless. Boys need a lot of work to turn into good men. He didn’t need to train you to be an angel. You just are!”
————
Lautrec looked at her oddly, wondering why she was trying to make him jealous, unless it was another joke.
“You could try, but I think he was looking at the other warrior goat more than you. You might be stuck with me.” He smiled at her.
“I wouldn’t mind being stuck with you for an eternity or more.”

Rheitz blubbered stupidly, reaching for the whiskey. "I want the whiskey! Give it to me!" Snot had begun to inch out of her nose and she wiped it away with Tobias's handkerchief. "He died right in front of me! I couldn't do anything. I'm so useless."

Delilah smirked. "I don't know. He seemed awfully hands-on during that dance. He looks really nice too, strong muscles, pretty face."
A finger had hooked onto her lip, the pout she was making more emphasized.
"Plus, it seems like you're in love with that other girl. How much do you love her exactly?"

Tobias kept the bottle from her just because of how emotional she was acting. “No, you can’t drown the pain away. Just let it out.” He hugged her and let her mess up his shirt with her tears and snot. “We came prepared and saved some people. Nobody could’ve predicted what happened. It’s not your fault.”
————
Lautrec snorted. Was she playing a game? “ I love her so much, if I was allowed in church I’d marry her.” He said, looking deep in her eyes and playing with her hair.

Rheitz sobbed for what seemed like hours. She took Tobias's cinnamon smell in gulps. "I've always been useless. Someone is always protecting me. My father sold me to the slave market Tobias, but I still love him!" She rattled on, the alcohol going to her head.

Delilah looked taken aback a bit, the finger falling from her pout. "Y-you'd marry her?!"

Lautrec decided to be done pretending. “It’s you, Lilah. You’re the one I’d marry.” His face was red. “S-some day, after we find Hyxia.”

————
Tobias couldn’t find the words to help make it better. He was feeling pretty useless, but at least he was there for her.
“You’re on the cusp of a major discovery, Rhietz. If anybody can find the temple it’s you. I couldn’t trust Einus or Winston to lead me through this blasted sand. You did that. We can’t all be super flashy and heroic like Lautrec. We simple mortals can only do what we can to survive. Being a slave taught you survival. Maybe you wouldn’t have learned that if you’d stayed a chief’s granddaughter and nothing more.”

Delilah stared at him. "I...but...we've only known each other for a few weeks!" The result of this game had shocked her. She had wanted to make Lautrec jealous but this sudden confession was just...surprising.

Rheitz hiccuped, her sobbing receding into a sniffle. "I just wanted to be useful..." she murmured, eyes fluttering sleepily.

Lautrec was blushing with a big grin. “I know. Your reaction was worth the risk.” He said. He could play the game too, and play to win. “You’ve failed to scare me away so far. How much do I need to know about you before it’s okay to say?”
————
Tobias nodded. “I feel the same. I could’ve done more to help. But hey, the adventure isn’t over yet. There’s still time for you to shine. I’ll be there to help any way I can.”

"I...I'm not Amelia. Plus, I love to look at other hot men. Maybe even get a touch or two." She stared at him, determined to win the game. "How could I marry you with that kind of curiosity?"

Rheitz passed out.
(Jk)
Rheitz muttered something incoherent before her vision went dark. Her head sagged against Tobias, fingers falling from his shirt.

Last edited:
He was a little taken back. She was much more skilled than he thought. He still had a ace up his sleeve.
“Well, if that’s how you want it to be then fine. I’ll just prowl the streets for sweet young things to get my blood from. I’m sure a few can keep me sated over the next century or so.”

———-
Tobas didn’t expect her to start snoozing on him. She drank too much too fast. She’d be up for barfing soon. He asked the chef for a bucket to borrow for when it happened.

Delilah shifted awkwardly in his arms, biting her lip, pupils dilating. "Fine. I have tons of men lusting after me. Someone will get this body eventually." She ran a hand down her throat, drawing his attention to the fading marks on her neck.

Rheitz felt sick.

Really sick.

She tried to hold back the vomit, her eyes bursting open. Spotting a bucket, she hurled into the container, coughing.

"My head hurts so bad.." she groaned, clutching the bucket.

He put his arm around her a little tighter. “No more sexy talk. Just sleep.”
His eyes were shut, and she noticed it was day time.
“Coffins down, little... nightbugs.” He said drowsily.

—————

Tobias rubbed her back ask she vomited. It was meaty and burned her throat and nostrils.
“It’ll go away soon enough. Your kind is built for drinking after all.” Toby joked at her a bit.

Delilah let out a small laugh, pressing herself closer to him. "Alright Moonface. Get some rest." She watched his eyes flutter shut, and looked up at the window, studying the rays of sun that illuminated the white curtains.

"I don't think I could give myself away to any other, Moonface. You win. You've managed to capture me," she whispered.

She threw him a glare. "That doesn't make this any easier, Tobias," she hissed, hurling again. She groaned, letting out a weak cough.

Tobias shrugged. “I know. Just think about it like this, you’ll be joking about this experience before you know it.”

Once she finished vomiting her soul out, he carried the bucket away, towards the latrine, and dumped the bucket into the sand and kicked some on top of the offensive stain.

The chef offered her a glass of water to get the nasty taste out of her mouth.

She took it, swirling the water in her mouth before spitting it into a nearby basin. She scowled, placing the glass down on the bar.

"I want to go to bed." She frowned at Tobias as he came back, fingers clenched around the glass cup. "Now."

Tobias nodded and helped her to her feet. “Take it easy, okay?” He walked with her back to her father’s house so she could sleep it off.

Sunset came, and Lautrec opened his eyes to the gently sleeping Delilah in his arms. Second verse same as the first, he thought while remembering Amelia sleeping beside him. Things would be different this time, he thought.

The horses were gathered together. Nightshadow let out a cry when he saw Lautrec again. The team was gearing up for travel under a desert moon.
“Isn’t it too soon to go looking for the temple? Are his wounds even fully healed?” Einus asked Winston. Lautrec approached them.
“I’m feeling great. Sitting around any more will do us no good. We lost enough time to the other groups dealing with Aida. It’s time we finish what we started. Right?”

Rheitz was muttering to herself furiously, pointing to star formations in the sky. A faun guard quickly ran up to her, whispering something in her ears. She frowned, letting out a small groan.

"You're sure?" The guard nodded before bowing and retreating back to wherever he had come from. She shook her head, tugging on her large hoop. "That's the hardest path," she muttered, placing a pack on her donkey, ", they don't even know the terrain!"

Lautrec moved next to Rhietz as he could overhear her muttering.
“Something wrong?” He looked at the map with her.
“I believe if they knew the way, the temple wouldn’t be lost, would it?”

Rheitz glared at Lautrec letting out a huff. "Drionmeer and his band of idiots are ahead of us by a few DAYS! There are so many paths to catch up to them by, but we don't even have a clue as to where we should start looking!" She tossed another bundle on her donkey, causing it to let out a snort.

"I mean, you think that the Count would better equip us than just saying "Go to the Red Desert". But no! Somehow that elf managed to find something and he knows where to start!"

She dropped the bundle in her hand and it fell on her foot, causing her to hiss in pain.

"Stupid, little-"

A hand came to rest on her shoulder. Rheitz turned to find Ivsal, who offered her a weak smile.

"Perhaps we can be of some assistance."

The village was empty, the deadly disruption in the arena haunting its residents. Wailing poured out from the hoses, the grief of the Dharan making the air sour. The few who did remain outside bowed to the guest, staring at the ground as Lautrec passed and gesturing a sign of respect. Ivsal led them into the meeting hall, past the large stone table, and into a large, dark room. He lit a candle with a flint and proceeded to light a series of oil lamps around the room.

The light illuminated a large stone room, filled with shelves of scrolls.

"Our people have been recording history for a very long time. We have been here far before this temple ever existed or the goddess-," Ivsal gestured to the heavens, "-was found."

Rheitz stared, eyes wide. "W-why didn't I know of this before?!"

Ivsal frowned. "It was your father's decision to keep it a secret, though I do not understand why. Perhaps he was afraid of something." He slid a scroll out of the nearest shelf, blowing a layer of dust off of the parchment.

"Our history is in Dharananian. I believe few of you can read it so I shall send you some helpers."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back