• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Farewell to Kings: Elide’s Tale

She clambered through the window and into the house, her heart pounding against her rib cage. Each breath was labored and painful. Her body ached, and she just wanted to curl up and forget this day had ever happened.

She heard Bart breathing heavy and Leona breathing very lightly
“Eli...” Leona gasped and dragged herself across the floor. “I know... how to fuse the orb with your brand. I discovered it just before the inquisitors came... I’m sorry... it’s my fault this happened.”

"No, no... Shhh... This isn't your fault, none of this is," She murmured softly, taking her head into her lap. Elide gently stroked her hair, trying to comfort the distressed girl.

Leona couldn’t stop herself from crying into Elide’s lap. She told what she could of the woman and her soldiers, how they held her down and wanted answers. When she refused, they broke her legs with iron clubs. She cried through the pain, but never said a word. She kept sobbing and saying she kept her promises.

Bart approaches them. In the darkness nobody saw he was still angry.
“She said this is her fault, so she must have told them something.”
“No! I-I” she couldn’t speak anymore. Leona was a ball of raw emotions.

"Shhh just relax... You're safe now." She murmured, using her magic to help numb her pain and allowed it to gently send her to sleep. Elide sighed and gently rubbed the back of her neck as she looked up at Bart.

Leona fell into a calm sleep. A brief exam of her legs would show that her calves were severely beaten and the bones shattered, along with her right knee and both ankles. Without surgery and a bit of luck she might never walk again.

Bart was pacing the room, still furious and trying to think of the next move.
“We-we uh, we got to lay low for awhile. Fuck!” He kicked over a chair.

"Please, calm down. We need to figure out our next steps logically." Elide begged as she carefully approached him, wincing as he kicked the chair.

Bart ran a hand through his wet hair and thought.
“Fine, fine... how did the meeting with urf, Felix go?”
Bart was coming down, and in some pain while doing so. The fight with Rufus took a toll on him. Most of the soldiers were too scared to mob up on him. Those who attacked took a mighty beating.

"They made me sing... Felix uh... touched me. TJ poisoned the wrong guy and... Well my father was there. I followed him out and one thing led to another..." She explained hastily, trying to hint at what she had done, the words I killed him, were lodged in her throat.

Bart gained new quest: Beat Felix to death

“So it’s done, then” Bart asked. There was a light sigh from him.

“I’ll be honest, I’m a little sad I wasn’t there to see it. I dreamed for a week straight about mounting the castle walls and blowing it all up.”

She let out a quiet sigh and hugged him. "I-I also got Gerald back." She chuckled quietly

Bart hugged her tightly. There was a stillness of breath for a little while. Then, a heavy footfall entered the room.
“Hey, who there?” An accented voice spoke from the threshold.
“Bart? It’s me, Havi!” The man said. He lit a small torch and showed himself.

At the sound of the voice Elide jumped, panic shooting through her body. She relaxed as the man seemed to recognize Bart.

“You all look terrible... come to my villa now.”
He walked over to Leona and examined her legs. He lifted her up by her waist and started walking back into the building.

“Why is the house so dark?” Bart asked.
“I suppose I... do not pay taxes?” Havi shrugged.

She gave Bart a sideways look before following the man, wishing she wasn't wearing a dress in this situation.

“Lots of noise out there. You have been busy, angry boy?” Havi chuckled. He carried Leona upstairs and into a bedroom. He laid her down on the bed.
“I will prepare a treatment. Her legs were badly beaten. You need stitches or healing, Bart. You bleed on my floor!”
“Oh, hehe sorry. I’ll pay you back for everything. Thank you.”
Havi waved a hand. “It’s fine. Some squatters are too scared to visit gods men. I’ll leave you to change.” He walked out the door.
There was a chest of drawers with some clothes and medical tools inside. Eli could change into a loose fitting blouse and breeches. Bart would take a fresh shirt over his armor after mending his wounds.
Leona moaned and rolled on her side a little. She was dazed and in pain despite the magical healing Eli gave her. Magical healing couldn’t mend her shattered bones, at least not without piecing most of it together, which is what Dr. Havi had in mind.
The man from the East drew a circle of chalk in the upstairs hallway. He put his hands out and performed a ritual to magically augment a pair of glasses and some tools. The hall flashed and crackled with blue-white energy. Then, he entered the bedroom.
“Okay, now I must work alone.” He said with glowing tools in his possession.

Elide was quick to change from the dress, discarding it on the floor. She pulled on the new clothes which fit to a degree. The blouse hung off her shoulder, and she had to tie the pant's up with a belt she had fashioned from fabric she had found. She pulled her hair free from its complex knots, allowing it to fall down her back. Elide glanced at Leona and murmured a quiet charm to help her through this time before leaving the quiet room.

(I might bring in another character later, and be ready cause you're prolly gonna hate her.)

(Bring it on)

The healing maiden was put into a magical coma. Havi went to work.
The Doctor used his magical sight with his augmented tools to alter the bones through her skin and muscle tissue without cutting. After fixing Leona’s calves, he went to work on her knee, which he used more magic to reshape and make whole.

Bart and Eli were in the hall. The barbarian peeked through the door to watch for a little while.

“Baby, did Leona bring the crystal orb with her?”

“ohh, so you did listen to me” Gerald said.

"I-I don't know. I didn't see one..." She responded quietly, rubbing the back of her neck with a sigh.

“This is really bad. We aren’t just wanted, we dragged that poor girl into our affairs. Ruined her career and her body. She’s suffered because of our plot for revenge. I owe her a great debt, as do you.”

The surgery continued for awhile. He had to fix her ankle as well.

Bart started nodding off to sleep.

Elide sighed and nodded. She felt in intense level of guilt. This was all her fault. Leona had only been doing something for her. Her pain was Elide's fault. Elide rested her head against the ground and hugged her knees, allowing her eyes to close with a sigh.

~~~

Katrina watched the group enter into the building. A smirk pulling at her lips. Her eyes followed the man, lingering for a moment or two. She sat against the wood sticking free from one of the older buildings, leaning her back against the house. Her red hair dusted her shoulders, her narrow eyes glaring down at them.

Morning arrived, and Bart and Eli were sleeping on the floor, laying against each other. The doctor had fallen asleep in a chair after hours of surgery. Leona stirred awake, not feeling any pain at all, just fatigue.

Bart snorted and his head shot up. Light was seeping into the house. The new day was starting.

——————

At the city’s capital building, a priest in white and gold robes was speaking to the public from the castle steps. The man was Richard Elmore, and he told the tragic tale of Sylvain’s demise. The public story was that he died in his sleep. He assured the people that Marcelo was bathing in holy light in the heavens above, and he’d be watching as a new high priest is chosen for Dominion. The city was in mourning, and the inquisition hive was angrily buzzing, determined to find those responsible.

Eli slept soundlessly, curled up against Bart, not knowing that she was being watched. In the morning she woke as Bart stirred. She yawned and leaned up, giving him a quick kiss before an arrow soared right above the two, sinking into the wooden beam behind them. Elide leaped up, her magic swirling around her, her heart pounding.
"Calm down princess, I'm not gonna kill ya." A voice laughed. "Gotta say- loved the stunt you pulled yesterday. Elide Sylvain. That's what your name is, correct? Daughter of the high priest?"
Elide began to panic, she stepped closer to Bart, a lump forming in her throat.
"Awww... Scared? Scared that at any moment I could call the guards to your location, and you'd be dead in minutes?" The voice chuckled.

Bart took a knife from his belt and chucked it at the woman. As she’d most likely react to the knife throw, he decided to rush in with a tackle. Nobody goes after his girl like that. Nobody!

Katrina spotted the attack and slid between his legs, leaping up on the other side. There she met Elide face to face. Eli called upon her magic, taking a step back, but Katrina was faster. Katrina sent her hand into her gut before whipping around and sliding an arm around her throat. Katrina reached to her belt and pulled a knife, pointing it at Elide's neck.
"If you want me to keep her alive, you best sit down." Katrina spat.
Elide was panicking. She could feel her magic getting more unstable by the second. Elide closed her eyes and tool a long and slow breath, trying to calm herself down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back