Fantasy Vs. Science Fiction

Tardy Grade

The Page Turner
Rules are simple.

Write an 'aspect/category' and the next person will write which would win in their opinion before introducing a new category.

People who wish to write an answer to a previous 'aspect/category' can do so but do not have the right to introduce a new category.

Eg. 'Aspect/category' : Girls.

Response : Fantasy girls win because *insert your reasoning/images*

New category : Weapons.

Have fun :3 Let the battles commence!!!! >:3

1.Category : Clothes

Fantasy win because somehow or the other they manage to keep their players from dying too often example Quidditch(At-least in regulated matches given the speed and height they play at on an effin piece of wood). Also Resurrection if need be.

Hard to make a franchise when the game itself kills the most talented folk.

Category: Means of communication.

Science Fiction wins, because they have better means to communicate from long distances with good efficiency. (Though still depends which one you are talking about)

Category: Economy 

Fantasy because even though their system is uber simple it's better than the vastly *cheatable* system of one with multiple life supporting worlds. Example. Salt available on earth is a rare mineral resource on another world but they have a surplus of gold that they find useless and so on. So a middle man could break both economies if he had access.

Category: Health care

science fiction wins, I guess. Fantasy has magic, but it is often has a hard time dealing with injuries properly and resurrection magic tends to be crammed with downsides... Science fiction has such a wide range of stuff , from replacing parts to super regeneration to magic Lazer beams of repairing.... So much.

new category: races

Sci-fi wins out on the sheer number and variety because fantasy is usually relegated to one planet or maybe like 5~6 planes of existence. Sci-fi has a far larger scope of possibilities on that account imo.

New category: Clothes/Fashion (Not based on combat but civilian life)

fantasy wins, science fiction may have light sabers, but that´s pretty much sword fighting which is just one of the many forms of melee combat in fantasy.

new category: children

Fantasy because they usually focus on it to a higher degree of perfection. The martial path or the magic path. If we go by combat plus weapons(long range types) it might be a bit different with guns and lazers but melee? Fantasy almost hands down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantasy because they usually focus on it to a higher degree of perfection. The martial path or the magic path. If we go by combat plus weapons(long range types) it might be a bit different with guns and lazers but melee? Fantasy almost hands down.

Category: Food

a little late. sorry.

(Edited myself. No worries :3. When you say kids do you mean which kids are 'superior'?)

Fiction. Breed superior and advanced genes into making better offspring and in magic there are curses place on a lot of kids so it's a risky investment xD  

Category: Food

I´m going with fantasy , cause usually, they can have feasts and rare foods, while I mostly just hear about the crappy industrial food on science fiction.

new category: pets

The pets can be whatever you want them to be, so I'd go with Fantasy. 

Category: Architecture

You know they don't typically go into much detail on what particular food people eat in either fiction, although at the very least in stereotypical Fantasy (as much as I hate to say that phrase) you can assume that they eat what one would have eaten in medieval times. But I mean, hey, in a fantastical world you could imagine whatever food you want, so I'll go with Fantasy. 

I don´t know why this keeps happening today, but... *coughs and looks above your post*

Oh I see. For some reason RPnation didn't update to tell me that you had already posted. That's strange. 

Edited

The pets can be whatever you want them to be, so I'd go with Fantasy. 

fantasy wins, as science fiction tends to be more pratical about architecture, meaning it tends to loose the grandeur of it.

new category: mind control

fantasy wins, as science fiction tends to be more pratical about architecture, meaning it tends to loose the grandeur of it.

new category: mind control

^ Fantasy. Do I even need to say why?

you should explain why and give a new category

Ms. Satori on my profile picture here reads minds pretty well, and she's from a fantasy setting. In general, mind control in science fiction is usually tied to a tangible device of some kind. Break that and the victim is free.

New Category: Weird hairstyles

Fantasy dude :3 I mean lets just stick with japanese fantasy itself. Look at Inuyasha! Or the other thousands. Final fantasy is a bit of a mix of sci-fi and fantasy so I won't include it. Nor dbz because it has aliens and magic.

New Category: Rights of passage 

Fantasy dude :3 I mean lets just stick with japanese fantasy itself. Look at Inuyasha! Or the other thousands. Final fantasy is a bit of a mix of sci-fi and fantasy so I won't include it. Nor dbz because it has aliens and magic.

New Category: Rights of passage 

Now you've gotten me to the point of it where it's just kind of CONFUSING.

Like, theoretically, anything Fantasy

COULD!!!!!!

be Sci-Fi, and everything Sci-Fi

COULD!!!!!!

be Fantasy.

Now you've gotten me to the point of it where it's just kind of CONFUSING.

Like, theoretically, anything Fantasy

COULD!!!!!!

be Sci-Fi, and everything Sci-Fi

COULD!!!!!!

be Fantasy.

While a lot of people would disagree with me, I believe the key difference is the presence of magic. If there is magic, there is fantasy, without it, there is no fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back