• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Adventure - I'll DM (Detailed RP) -Temporarily Closed

Tom-Pen

Mysterious Writer
The Basic Idea:

I'm looking for someone to create a character, and play as them in a fantasy world of my design.  I'll control the world, the many characters within (save for yours of course) and the events that take place around you.  Think of me as the "DM" or "Narrator" if you will.  In a world new and strange, you will have the opportunity to become whoever you wish; you could explore the forests and mountains in search of great hidden treasures, build up an army to strike back at the people who took your old life away from you, or whatever else tickles your fancy.  Every choice is yours to make, but be weary, as there are always consequences to the actions you take.

Rules:

1. You only control your "Main Character," everything else is controlled by me. (I am top doggy).

2. No disregarding things that happen (if I say your character gets slapped and has no time to do anything about it, they get slapped...)  I'll be fair though, my goal is to make it fun for you, so you can trust that the things that happen are for good reasons, and that I'll give your character ample time/plenty of moments to be cool (if that's what you want).

3. Make your character somewhat adventurous/interesting... (I don't want to narrate the daily life of a hermit fisherman who never leaves his hut by the river).

4. Have a Basic understanding of grammar (You don't need to be the next Hemingway, but I'd like to write with someone who... can write).

5. Enjoy writing (I'm not looking for someone who is trying to "win the game," but rather be a part of an interesting story).

6. You'll need to write in First Person/Present Tense, I'll be writing Second/Present Tense.

Example: 

Me - "You enter the Lord's quarters, the room is decorated quite ostentatiously.  Large gold trimmed paintings of the former kings hang about the walls, looking down on the elegant satin couches and rich carpets that fill the room.  Behind a huge, ornate desk, Lord Dallas sits fervently going over a map of the High Lands with a magnifying glass - he doesn't appear to have noticed you.  There are several decent hiding spots you could easily conceal yourself in, though the path directly to him is carpeted, and would likely make it hard for him to hear your approaching steps.

You - "I sneak up to Lord Dallas, walking along the carpet, draw my dagger out and go in for the kill.  As I draw near I remember all the pain this man has caused me, and the ruin he has brought."

Important Notes:

You can die... I don't want to kill you, but I think the possibility of death will help keep the choices you make some what realistic.

Not unrelated, there is a sort of leveling system in place.  the way it works is pretty simple, if you are a butcher, with no fighting experience and try to fight a soldier or mercenary... you're probably gunna get whooped.  The way you would "level up" to fight them is just by having your character gain experience doing things.  For instance, if say your butcher joins up with a knight, and said knight offers to teach you how to fight, you'll probably be more suited to fight with people.  And keep in mind, any weapon you pick up, you'll need to learn how to fight with to really make use of it.  (to some degree I will allow your character to learn how to use thing on there own though, so you don't always need t find people to teach you how to use things).

If you are interested fill out this Character Sheet and I'll get back to you if I think you're a good fit.

CS:

Character Name

Appearance (Description preferred)

+

Occupation

Where Did They Live

+

Bio (1-2 Paragraphs)

Personality

+

Optional*

What sort of things would you really like to encounter in this world?

(I.e. Romance, lots of fighting, the chance to fight huge monsters, ect.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Character Name: Rook Dravok

Appearance: Long straight black hair, green eyes and white pale skin. Tall (Just over 6ft)

and slender, muscles are visible (indicates strength). A few scars but no serious injuries. No facial hair (except for eyebrows). Constantly shaves (knife).

Where Did They Live

+Ruvok (0-11)

Bio: Rook Dravok was born into a poor family household, in Ruvok. Due to the families financial issues, Rook was always sent off to do odd jobs in order to earn some money. At the age of 9, Rook's father was hanged for thieving a box of chickens, Rook and his mother was forced to watch his death. Rook's mother died two years later after a bunch of bandits ambushed her on the path to the citadel. Rook managed to hide from the bandits and after finding his mothers dead corpse (or what remained of her afterwards) decided that he would get revenge. So began Rook's journey to the citadel.

During his passage, he met along the way a group of entertainers, otherwise known as a troupe. They offered him a life of safety and the opportunity to be part of a family. Rook immediately accepted the offer, it was the only chance he had at surviving in this harsh world. From there, he spent many years in the troupe learning how to play music, the social woes of men and women and the best way to extract money from them on the streets. At the age of 15, he became a butcher and served the troupe as a part time cook. At 16, He killed his first man with a crossbow, a raider to be exact, caught trying to steal supplies from the troupe. Secretly, he enjoyed the thrill from killing criminals, and the thought of his mothers killers brought back an immense rage and the reminder of the promise he'd made the night he found her corpse.  When Rook came of age at 18, he left his troupe to pursue his dreams as a butcher, in the citadel.

I'll write more when I know you'll actually RP

Personality

Shy, manipulative, explosive anger, fear of the dark. Hatred towards those that prey on the weak. Used to misfortune. Trouble expressing real emotion. Adores his butcher tools.

I would like to encounter a lot of citizens, my character will most likely try to play hero every now and then (soft weak spot) so having a dire situation would be fun. I like weapons. I would like a realistic damage system (not too complicated, if you don't understand just look it up). And I would like the world to follow semi-realism in a fantasy setting. I would like mythical creatures, ones that are hard to find. Artifacts would be nice.

And a whole lot of gore. 

Hey @Asperix0 I like the CS, sounds like an interesting character to work with.  The only thing I'd say is, I'm not big on gore, could we perhaps compromise on the matter.  I can make a point of describing the scenes after fights, when people have died, ect, but in a way that is less graphic (though still realistic).  Would that work? I'll make a thread and tag you in it (in the 1x1 section) if everything sounds good?

Yes Francis, that sounds great. We don't need gore. I'd appreciate it if you were to tag me.

I rp alone usually (using a special system which is brilliant) so I understand about you being the GM and how things play out. I'm patient but not too patient. If you take 10 days to reply I will abandon the RP.

Yup feel free to tag me, I'm active all today so I'll immediately respond (most likely). 

And detail is necessary except for dialogue. 

Character Name: Marigold de Varhart

Appearance:  Long, wavy black hair that falls down over her shoulders almost to her stomach, very pale skin and dark eyes. She is quite thin, and no taller than 5'6. Her face structure is quite prominent, with high cheek bones and strong brows. 

Bio: Marigold is the first born of Klein and Razavia, the King and Queen on the kingdom (of your choice). She has two younger siblings, Benjamin and Vigdis de Varhart. 

As she grew up, her father used to teach her the basics of swordfighting, despite her mother's protests. Having parents with different mentalities, she became both strong and educated. As a child, she used to read a lot of history and astronomy books, bestiaries or anything that she could find. As time went by, she became less and less interested in swords and other weapons, in the constant absence of her busy father. 

At the age of seventeen, her father died in a fight, but she strongly believes he was assassinated. With Robert de Morne chosen as a regent until Benjamin came of age, things went south very, very quickly.

A few days after she turned eighteen, her brother and sister were irrationally accused of treason and adultery by Robert de Morne, and were terminated in front of the whole royal family, driving her mother insane and causing her heart to catch fire, spiralling into a secreted rage. With no heir to the throne, Robert claimed it for himself and married Marigold into the de Morne family, with Bastian, his nephew, but she managed to run away before the ship set sail in the morning.

She is now looking for revenge. (The lore itself is more detailed. I just tried to make it as short as I could)

Personality

Quiet but quick to anger, determined and stubborn. She is terribly afraid of small rooms and the sound of chains. 

I love adventure, drama, plot twists; anything that would keep me up thinking at night. I'd like to encounter any interesting NPC's and fantasy creatures, spells, curses and all sorts of mythical elements. 

I have classes from monday to friday, but I will reply as much as I can. I generally leave replies between 2 and 15 lines, depending on the amount of detail I have to put into that scene. I hope you'll find this interesting :)  

I am SO hip for this! I'm gonna be a bit writing up a character, but  would it throw you off if I do something non-human?

(My character has a few weapons. Feel free to remove those weapons if you don't want him to have them.)

Character Name: Sif

Appearance: Stare into Sif's dark eyes, at his scarred countenance, and you'll see a man who's fallen far from grace. Sif is, in every sense of the word, lost, and his appearance shows that. He's a light-skinned man, with a strong build and a height of 5'11. Sif's body and face are both full of scars, the most prominent of them being one from an arrow, just below his heart. His black hair is grown out, falling straight and past his shoulders, often while being very messy and tangled. His face bears a full beard which, like his hair, is scraggly and grown out. His hair wasn't always so long and messy. Once upon a time, Sif kept his hair short and his face clean. That time has long passed.

Hiding Sif's head and face from the world is a dark-metal stechhelm, with scratches, nicks, rust, and an overall worn-out look that matches its wearer. This cracked and old helmet is the only piece of armor Sif wears, a remnant from the past. He wears a dirty white shirt, dirty brown trousers, and dirty brown leather boots. Over all this is a ragged, lightweight brown cloak that looks like it was just cobbled together by its wearer. It's made of three overlapping layers, the outermost layer also being the uppermost one. This cloak covers Sif's entire body, save for his helmet. Sif's weapons all lie outside of his cloak, on display, as though to challenge any assailants.

Just below the second layer of Sif's cloak is a leather belt that has an old and cracked longsword attached to it on the left, along with an old wooden crossbow at the right. Tucked between Sif's body and the belt are a few bolts that just look like small, sharpened sticks. Sif wears a second belt that goes diagonally across his body. This belt's purpose is to hold the spear on his back, which is much like his bolts in that it's just a sharpened stick, only longer.

Where Did They Live: In the capital of a now-conquered kingdom.

Bio: "Sif, huh? Tell me, what could make a man abandon his home, his friends, his old life, and march out to the middle of a desert and start slaughtering bandits?"

"Things change."

Sif was born to a long lineage of brave, noble, and valiant knights. It was expected that Sif would continue this legacy, and for a time, Sif was on the right path. He was raised all his life to become a knight, and that's just what happened. He served in the army of his king as a well-renowned member of the cavalry, armed with spear, sword, and horse. It seemed that Sif was a natural on the battlefield, a testament to his bloodline. He made his family name known across the land for his triumph in battle, and for his conviction to a code of honor and chivalry. 

Things change. One day, the capital of the kingdom, where he was staying at, was put under siege by the enemy at nightfall. A war had been going on for quite some time, and it seemed Sif's king was winning. The army at the castle was quickly set out to try to stop the enemy, and Sif was at the forefront. Barely a second had passed before Sif was shot by a heavy bolt off of his horse and fell unconscious before he slammed into the ground. When he came to, the battlefield around him was littered with the bodies of those who trusted his leadership and skill. Slowly, Sif stood up and saw the bolt had just barely missed his heart. He thought that if he had been a bit stronger, he could've stay conscious and saved the kingdom. Disgraced, he threw off his armor that bore the crest of his family, and kept only his helmet to hide his shameful face.

Sif's appearance changed drastically. He no longer looked like a brave and noble knight, but like a common bandit. He set to wander the land far from his kingdom, never speaking much of his past life, and never ever uttering his family's name. He strayed from the old ways, now using deceit, brutal tactics, and weapons not typically attributed to knights in order to accomplish his goals. In his wandering, he accepts mercenary work and aids those who need help, hoping to one day atone for his failures. But, if one were to know the story of Sif and what he was once like, they'd see that now Sif is too far gone. Redemption seems to be out of his reach.

Personality: Sif was once a pleasant, agreeable, and valiant man with the power to motivate and rally his allies, and strike fear into his enemies. Now, he does only the latter. He's become a very brutal man who keeps a stern face as he uses everything near him to slaughter those in his way. To most, he speaks very few words, and often times doesn't speak at all. 

I'd definitely like romance somewhere in here. Besides that, I'd like a wide variety of environments and enemies to face, as well as interesting and varied characters to interact with. And of course, cool loot. And drama. And character arcs.

Character Name

Nova Osmios

Female

Appearance

5'4", around 130 lbs. Carries most of her weight on her hips and chest, in an hourglass figure. Tanned skin, blue eyes, brown curly hair that goes down to her shoulders, usually tied back in a pony tail. Slightly upturned nose, almond-shaped eyes with long lashes, thin lips, thin eyebrows that arch slightly over her eyes. Heart-shaped face, narrow shoulders, slightly shorter arms and longer legs. No visible blemishes, birthmarks, scars, or the like.

+

Occupation

Tailor

Where Did They Live

Estiro Village

+

Bio

Nova was born to a small family, the oldest daughter of three. Her father was a tailor, taught by his father before him and his father's father. She spent her childhood exploring the forest just to the north of the village with her two younger sisters, playing in the streams and coming home soaking wet, covered in mud. The summers in the valley that Estiro lay in were sweltering hot, almost seeming to bake the crops in the fields surrounding the village before they were even ready to eat. Winters never seemed to drop all that low, and come spring the valley would start to flood from the ice melting off the mountains in the distance, making it perfect to plant again. Nova learned this as one of her friends was a farmer's son. The two of them would often meet up in the forest and talk about their parent's work and the world around them and what kinds of adventures they wanted to go on when they got older. 

Then one day, the boy got sick. It was just a small cough, supposedly. He didn't return to play the next day. Nova never saw him since. During her teenage years, Nova attempted to make herself presentable and appealing to the other boys in the village, but no one seemed to actually take any interest in her. Being just a tailor's daughter, it almost seemed like she was doomed to an unmarried life. She took up her father's craft at the age of 15, deciding to forgo husband hunting and make her own way in the world. Her parents died in a village fire when Nova was 20, leaving Nova to rebuild the shop and try to salvage what remained of the business. Her younger sisters had married out somehow, so for the past three years, it's just been Nova on her own. 

Personality

Nova is a headstrong and curious individual. Despite being of a lower social standing, she was taught to read, predominantly to read patterns and the like. Books have since been one of her favorite items, specifically the books about adventure and discovery. Nova loves to explore, and often fondly remembers her childhood in the forests, poking around small caves and climbing the trees, catching bugs and frogs near the streams. She often wishes she could reclaim that childhood dream of exploring the world, but realizes the reality that if she were to go anywhere, the family business would tank. Granted, there's only her living off the business now, but the place still holds a sentimental value in her heart. Nova supposes she should have taken the fire as a sign to leave the village, but with no skills aside from tailoring and reading, Nova heavily doubts her abilities to make it in the world on her own. Slightly socially awkward, Nova sometimes has a hard time getting along with those around her, simply because she sometimes can't read people well. She retains a bubbly and outgoing personality as best as she can given whatever circumstance she's in, and has a bad habit of bottling up all her bad emotions until they become too unbearable.

+

Romance would be nice, but I think it would be cool to travel all over and see new places and experience new things and just generally see what kind of shenanigans we can get into. I'd like to learn about a complex and interesting world. Fighting would mostly be a minimum, as my character doesn't really know how to fight, but if she was taught, then I would be all for that. Political intrigue, ancient evils, horror, comedy, romance, drama, and everything in between.

Character Name: Marcus Fletcher.

Appearance: Standing at five feet ten inches and shaped like a tree trunk, Marcus was referred to as a bull from early childhood. The son of a fletcher, he has strong large hands and an incredible grip from working bows and crafting arrows his entire life. He kept his hair short cropped light brown hair, and a close cropped beard so no one could pull on it. Marcus generally wears baggy breeches and a loose fitting shirt with a vest over it. At the very least he always has his arming belt with a dagger if not his sword.

Where did they live: The city-state of Burgess.

Personality: Ambitious, Marcus hates his station in life. He hates that just because he wasn't born noble that he can't have what he wants. He is working the job he can until another war breaks out or he can find something higher than what he has. He is sensible enough to know that if he wants to be a warrior he needs coin yet he hasn't brought himself to be a bandit...yet. He is gregarious, headstrong, and ambitious to a fault. He often looks for the route that will elevate himself and the others around him. He wants to be the hero, the leader, but he lacks experience and connections.

Bio: Marcus was born to a family of six. He was the second born male and as such he was taught the family trade. Yet he was free to search for any apprenticeship he wanted as his older brother had taken the family business. So it was then, when he delivered arrows to a hedge knight's squire that he was given the opportunity to become a page for the knight as his last one had died. Marcus was only twelve years old when his father accepted the offer. He started traveling the world with the hedge knight, his squire, and his archer. After two years the hedge knight knighted his squire and Marcus became his new squire.

They fought minor battles, nothing noteworthy, just enough for the knight to be paid by villages to upkeep the lifestyle. However one contract became too much, the hedge knight accepted an offer to track down wolves that had been attacking the livestock of the village. The wolves turned out to be direwolves. The three defeated them but the archer had died and the knight had taken a mortal wound. He was able to get them back to the village but the village elder withheld payment in exchange for treating his master. The knight died two months later and Marcus found himself without direction, without a master, and without an occupation. So he went home and found that there was no work except being a bouncer for the inn he had found the knight in those years before. His job was to keep the rowdiness to a minimum while keeping the coin flowing. (I will expand depending on the world that you build. I didn't want to go too far in depth so that I would kill your creative liberty.)

What sort of things would you really like to encounter in this world?: The opportunity to build someone from nothing into everything. To build a Legend through action, intrigue, romance, and adventure. I'm also open to doing with with multiple players as well as you DMing if you so choose.

Oh, I used to do this on RPG, it's absolutely fun playing god and always a lot of people sign up. Now, I'm not applying to do it, but I'm definitely going to read it if it's posted in a thread.

Hey Everybody, thanks for showing interest and sharing your comments (I'm working on getting in touch with all of you now)!  I had to go out of town for business rather unexpectedly, but business is done and I'm back.  Sorry for the delay.

@ravenclawsome - Marigold is a very interesting character indeed, with an even more interesting past.  As interesting as her past is though, I'd really like to introduce her to a new world (I don't want to say how - yet - because I think it'll be more fun as a surprise) if you are keen on the idea.  In this new world, she will have the opportunity to avenge her father/family (if she so desires) while at the same time being in a place totally unfamiliar, where she is totally unknown by most - save for a very few -  granting her a chance to leave her plans for revenge behind (even if only for a little while) to pursue a new life of her own choosing.  Would you be okay trying something like that? 

(You can PM me or comment here).

@MrMopp - Glad you're with it, man (you're no square)!  I don't mind if you have a none-human character, however - that being said - I've got some rules (I'm a bit of a square).

1. Keep them mostly Human-like ("low fantasy" Dwarfs, Hobbits, Elves, and such all look very similar to humans for the most part - with some relatively small peculiarities).

1a. Nothing anthropomorphic (there are such creatures in the world you will be placed in, but I'd prefer your character wasn't one of them.

2. Don't make them startlingly huge or ridiculously tiny.

3. No major powers or magic abilities (including shape shifting).  There are such folk in the world, but they are rare.

4. Know that I'm willing to compromise a little on some of this... (just post up the character and I'll let you know how I feel about them).

@Venom Adhamm - I like the character (and am happy to know you have an interest in seeing character development throughout the RP).  I look forward to seeing how Sif reacts and changes to the world and people around him.   I'm not sure if I'll have Sif keep all his gear at the start, or take it away, though I'll make a point of letting you know in the first post.

( I'll tag you in the thread when it is up, should be sometime today or tomorrow).

@Noivian - There is nothing better than a small person with a big sense of adventure.  Though there will be a certain amount of realism to the RP, I guarantee she will find all sorts of adventure (I just hope she can survive it all...).  One quick question though (I need to know for writing the introduction to the RP) would Nova accept a trade with a questionable - albeit friendly - stranger in exchange for a letter granting her passage aboard a ship bound for a strange land far away, across the sea? 

(You can PM me or comment here).

@Huey - This character is going place, hopefully, fate can be cruel...  "The Big Lug," with a bigger aspiration. 

(I'll tag you in the thread when it's up, it'll be a little while, (I'm going in a first come first serve order) but It'll be today or tomorrow, no later.)

@EnkoKasumi  - It can be quite fun.  All the threads will be in the 1 on 1 section of the forums under different titles... So, they might be a bit hard to find, but if and when you do, enjoy the reading!

@Francis Stickmin  She would accept the letter with some convincing: Nova is still missing quite a few rare fabrics and thread colors since the fire three years ago, so currency is preferred, but if she thinks she can resell the letter, she'll take it. I don't know if she'd ever use it; she'd need to get over her sentimentality for the shop first, or be given a good reason to use the letter, so a little bit of plot device or character development will be needed to jump start the role play. If he's trading the letter for the shop, I'm not entirely certain she'd accept. It'll take a lot of careful word play. 

@Francis Stickmin

Awesome! I can't wait to see what you build for this. I love torturing characters and putting them through the ringer on a near on continuous basis. Calm is boring in an adventure drama! :P

Once you set the world I'll fill in the history a bit more. Give it some depth and specifics for you to work on if you would like. Is there anything that you would like me to put into the history so you can be extra evil as a GM? ^.^

CS:

Character Name

Rykke Shuri

Male

Appearance (Description preferred)

He is five feet and eleven inches tall. His build is very light weight. He's very dexterous and skinny, with compact thin yet muscled arms. His hair is a caramel color. He wears a thick red headband around his head. It sags slightly over his left eye, and his bangs cover the left eye completely. He has a very young and innocent looking face, and golden eyes. He often wears light and baggy clothing, to conceal weapons when needed but also for moving easily. 

+

Occupation

He was a trained assassin but doesn't wish to kill for a living. He left the forest after being taught under his grandfather, and travels the world helping people out and ignoring his training as an assassin. He dreams of helping as many people as he can. 

Where Did They Live

The Forest. It was a quiet and secluded place where he was trained and raised by his grandfather. 

+

Bio (1-2 Paragraphs)

Personality

Much more a child than an adult, Rykke ignores his training as a killer and travels to help others. He has a profound talent in dealing with animals. He can understand their body language and was known to make allies out of the fiercest woodland predators, although his grandfather would argue Rykke spent too much time playing with animals than training. It's this compassion for living beings that most likely explains his urge to want to help others in need. He's adventurous, reckless, and optimistic. At times, Rykke's childish nature can get him into trouble, but he tries his best to come out on top. One thing the young man struggles with, however, is social interaction. While he doesn't struggle one bit at talking to individuals, he often does so in questionable ways as he has had little experience talking to new people growing up in the forest. It's not abnormal for him to approach someone quite openly, or voice his opinion without holding back. Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worst. When serious and fighting to protect or help, however, is when Rykke really shows his skills. He's adept at handling short-swords, and trained in duel wielding them. He's acrobatic, and persistent, though it would take only a few strong and heavy blows to defeat, that is, if the opponent manages to hit the speedster. 

+

Optional*

I've roleplayed Rykke before, and I'd love if some point in his adventure, he ended up in a romantic relationship with a women. However, he'd be very oblivious to such a thing, and it would be an interesting dynamic, especially since he grew up with little social interactions, if the women fell for him first and he failed to keep recognizing the signs. I love monsters too, as well as reoccurring villains, allies, etc! I very open and have few limits too. 

Can you tell me a bit about the world? I have some characters that I think could fit depending. And from your example it seems to be ether the 18th century or possibly a more Medieval period. Is there magic, monsters, angels and demons? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back