• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Darker Inspirations: Berserk, Dark Tower, Dark Souls [Updated 5/12/2018]

Lucyfer

Said you'd die for me, well -- there's the ground
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

Darker Fandoms - Berserk, Dark Tower, Dark Souls.

• "Every sword belongs in it's sheath. Go back to the sheath your master holds."

This is probably an odd selection of things, so let me break down the themes:

• A world on the verge of destruction, or worlds that have already died.
    • A rag-tag group brought together to save the world(s).
    • Darkness and desolation. Character death and trauma.
    • Morally ambiguous choices.
    • Hope
    • Betrayal

I’m new to Berserk, and I’ve only played Dark Souls 3 (working on the others), but Dark Tower I am familiar with, as with a lot of Stephen King’s works, and I love the themes in all of these of a world on the edge of ending, and the many ways it could be saved, the many goals characters have in it – like in Dark Souls, how you can choose to link the flame, or put it out forever…and the implied hope of both of those options is just…beautiful to me. There are no bad choices. There is a benefit to letting things go.

Berserk’s villain Griffith is also a major interest to me, he was pursuing his dream…and Randall Flagg is just such a great villain of Stephen King.

So what I’d be looking for with this, is that it be set in a Medieval-Ish time, with serious class issues. I’d like to play with a group like Berserk’s or early Dark Tower (Roland and his crew of gunslingers, or Guts and Griffith), and build our villain, as well as at least one of our heroes, up. Then, we create a cataclysmic event that sets them at odds…destroy the world…and create some new characters on either side to try and save the world we’ve destroyed.

If this appeals, seriously hit me up. I’m a bit rusty on world building, but I can go far with spit-balling. I've listed some ideas, but they're not limited to what's here, at all!

So please, take a look at what I have to offer! Please take a look at my rules, there is a code there!

Last edited:
bump! And a note - I don't want to RP canon Berserk, BUT I will rp in that world or take lore elements to adapt to our rp.

Like magical stones/beherit. Prophecy of a coming god thing. The magic system and apostle, etc. Basically I will play in the world or a world like it, sans canons xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back