• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fandom Creation Roleplay

Faustus Schuster

Son of the Sun and Lord of the Shadows
Long story short, a long time ago, I had the idea to write a novel with a group of roleplayers. It never panned out. I just couldn't figure out how to have a group roleplay turn into a story that stayed on track. There were too many competing ideas, and no unity on what path we should take. I found a way to make everyone happy though.

Note: At first, it may sound like godmodding. I assure you... it isn't.

Let's put it this way, I'm really good at thinking up overarching plot points. I'm not so good at the small details. Further than that, in group roleplays, what usually happened is that I would go offline for about a day, and when I came back, there would be 100+ replies, and I'd have no idea what was happening.

In one-on-one roleplays, since I'm not so good at the small details, my partners usually left.

The answer to this is really simple.

Have private messages with each member of the group, where they give their next reply, then I make my own reply based on what the others said, and I merge all of the replies in a cohesive way. All members of the group have a part in the end result, but at the same time, we stick to a specific story. The problem regarding people going offline to come back and find a ridiculous amount of posts is also negated, in the sense that only one reply per member would be used at a time.

I have an original story, plot, timeline, set of characters, and lore. All I need are people willing to step into the roles.

That being said...

I need you.

Long story short, a long time ago, I had the idea to write a novel with a group of roleplayers. It never panned out. I just couldn't figure out how to have a group roleplay turn into a story that stayed on track. There were too many competing ideas, and no unity on what path we should take. I found a way to make everyone happy though.

Note: At first, it may sound like godmodding. I assure you... it isn't.

Let's put it this way, I'm really good at thinking up overarching plot points. I'm not so good at the small details. Further than that, in group roleplays, what usually happened is that I would go offline for about a day, and when I came back, there would be 100+ replies, and I'd have no idea what was happening.

In one-on-one roleplays, since I'm not so good at the small details, my partners usually left.

The answer to this is really simple.

Have private messages with each member of the group, where they give their next reply, then I make my own reply based on what the others said, and I merge all of the replies in a cohesive way. All members of the group have a part in the end result, but at the same time, we stick to a specific story. The problem regarding people going offline to come back and find a ridiculous amount of posts is also negated, in the sense that only one reply per member would be used at a time.

I have an original story, plot, timeline, set of characters, and lore. All I need are people willing to step into the roles.

That being said...

I need you.
I'll join in on this weird junk

fantastic. I'll send you a PM in a few hours with important information and choices for you to make. I'd do so, now, but I'm working on something and I can't be distracted.

...But why is this under "Fandom"?
Because though it isn't in the media, yet, I intend to make it so.

It's in pre-fandom stage, basically... if you're here, you're the first fans in the fandom.

This is truly the opportunity of a lifetime... and there are other benefits if you agree to join.

UPDATE:

I'm calling for a second group of four. I have two spots already filled.

This will be a background story to develop the created world/fandom even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back