• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

rextyle

RP veteran
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Sorry for the AFK folks, medical and real life related junk just springs on ya like that. Back though! And craving Hazbin, Doctor Who, or Magnus Archives! More below!

---------

Hello, all! I'm Trev, awesome to meet you!

A quick bit about me-- I've been RPing for ages. Maybe 23 years? Lord, woof, let's...not worry about it.

33 at the moment! And adore writing, creating stories, digging into the meat and bone of characters and worlds and plots and otherwise!

RPs are currently:
[๐Ÿ‘] Open for fandom
[๐Ÿ™…โ€โ™‚๏ธ] OCs are likely closed now unless you can really convince me/are really inspired. Fandoms though are very much open!

Quick stop rules:

[x] Please be sure to at the very least skim this; any triggers, preference, ideas or otherwise will be here! If you're asking me in PM to reiterate this junk...just makes me dubious about any real desire to engage, I'm afraid. If it turns out this wasn't at least glanced through, I'll likely drop.

[x] Please be over 21! For obvious reasons, as I am in my 30s.

[x] The usual here friends: no goddmodding, no IC/OOC blurring, no powerplaying! I have no control over your boys, you have none on mine.

[x] I do not RP any forms of CCxOC I am afraid, primarily RP fandom though am open to fully OC centric! Plots and ideas below.

[x] I prefer not to RP with any types of self inserts. I generally expect character and mun (creator) to remain fully separate entities.

[x] Let's chat, plot, and talk junk through OOC! Even if the RP doesn't work out, I'm always down to make good buds and RP's the best way to do it. :')

[x] Please do be literate and traditional, 3rd POV! I can write anywhere from one paragraph to three or more pages, though it's very dependent on our chemistry, pacing, and where our muses leads us. Comfortable with most modes of RP as long as there's experience and genuine, authentic effort and enthusiasm is put in, always a quality over quantity kind of guy.

[x] I am super, super happy to RP platonic or otherwise, open to complex, intricate dynamics, found family is a love, and I tend to enjoy seeing where our characters lead! That said when coming to romantic ships I lean heavily toward MxM and mostly only role otherwise when chemistry happens in RP or I'm familiar with my RP partner beforehand. I will also say I am very open to incest ships, though fully understand people's reluctance toward it, which I'm definitely just as cool with.

[x] My limits are mostly just shipping child/adult relationships. Apart from that? I really have nothing else just so long as it's all character development based! I don't tend to shy away from darker themes or difficult ideas, or even explorations in particular threads of human psyche just so long as at the end of the day it's purpose is to enrich our character's growth and the grabbing intrigue in their dynamic. Very open to plenty, though of course do fully respect other's limits at all times and understand we all have different lines. Please don't hesitate to ask or bring it up!

[x] Ghost friendly! Life happens, some of us have mental or home junk going on, so I'm totally cool with whatever goes down. That said, being nice and nudging me for a reply is totally legitimate and even appreciated! Though please don't be rude and please never hound. Anyone who is rude or hounds will likely be immediately dropped, sorry guys. RPing with those types of partners is never fun. ๐Ÿ™…โ€โ™‚๏ธ

[x] I'll RP wherever, though strongly prefer google docs or Discord server for ease.

[x] My general expectation on replies would be 1-3 times a week, on both ends (so around at least one reply per week). Just as RPs tend to fizzle out otherwise in my experience.

Onto the Fandoms and OC ideas! Bold is who I'd be open to play, ships can be either platonic or romantic for the most part!

๐Ÿ”ฅ is something I'd love to RP now!
๐Ÿค” I'll need to refresh myself on it/get reinspired.
๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ Retired, though miiiight get back into.

Fandom Junk:

[๐Ÿค”] Dexter (season 1 only) - anything, anything with Brian and Dexter. Dear lord, they're heartbreaking.
[๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ] Cake and Fionna - Simon/Ice Prince! Possibly rugged 10 children Finn/Simon and Marshal Lee/Gary as well.
[๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ] Hazbin Hotel - This will sound so bizarre, but I'd love to RP Angel. I prefer platonic funny enough, unless it's Angel/Valentino. Fascinated with exploring him as a character, even in AUs. UPDATE: Boy, oh boy is there so much more here. I am here for anything with the Vs, especially as Vox. Vox/Val, Vox/Alastor, even possibly Vox/Angel! I also quite adore Lucifer, and am down to RP Lucifer/Alastor or possibly Lucifer/one of the Vs! Hit me up!
[๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ] Chainsaw Man - I'd kill a man to RP Makima, though don't ship her. Maybe Makima/control over everything. And Denji, but eh, one sided. Open too to Aki/Denji, generally Denji, or other found family nonsense. I've only seen the anime, so please, no spoilers until I catch up with manga.
[๐Ÿค”] Gravity Falls - Bill/Ford anything, Rick/Ford (crossover with Rick and Morty), anything with Stan and Ford.
[๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ] Mob Pscyho 100 - Anything Mob and Reigen, found family particularly, or perhaps the au swap of older Mob as Reigen's mentor getting shoved somewhere with canon mentor Reigen. Dimple/Reigen's also a good one (and also am very much obsessed with the A Breach of Trust fic, and ship Ritsu and Hanazawa fairly hard.)
[๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ] One Piece - I am afraid I solely want to explore Sanji and his family. Obsessed with that drama, tbh. Long shot, but tossing it into the void. Miiight be open to mxm Sanji/whoever, depends though.
[๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ] Supernatural - Specific to season 3 only with maybe AUs to retell anything after Dean goes to hell. Anything Dean and Sam based, I'm a sucker for those boys.
[๐Ÿค”] Hannibal - I'll reaaaally need to rewatch, but this is an old time fave. Hannibal/Will but of course.
[๐Ÿ”ฅ] Magnus Archive - Obsessed with Jon/Elias, will also absolutely roll Martin/Elias. Have plenty of plots and concepts.
[๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿค”] Dresden Files - Harry Dresden/Marcone, also anything Harry and Thomas, naturally. Love these dorks.
[๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ] House MD - House/Wilson, most obviously.
[๐Ÿค”] Andromeda - Harper/Dylan, Harper/male Rommie. Might even be willing to do Harper/OC maybe. My one singular exception.
[๐Ÿค”] Farscape - John/Scorpius - a rarity, these 90s shows, but gods if this is good.
[๐Ÿค”] Stargate SG-1 - Jack/Daniel, prefer earlier seasons
[๐Ÿค”] Stargate Atlantis - Sheppard/McKay, my all time fave. Boys being boys.
[๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ] Five Nights at Freddy's (fnaf, game series) - William Afton/Henry Emily, particularly fazzruh's interpretation.
[๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ] Doctor Who - 10th, 11th, 12th, or 14th Doctor/Master, Ten/Rory, Ten and any doctor, Eleven/other doctor, Eleven/Rory, and I am a little bit of a sucker for Doctor/River, depending on the RPer. Also open to possibly joining panfandom games w/ someone.

Now for the OC stuff!

OC junk:

To preface, I'm a massive sucker for all kinds of relationships; twisted romance, best friends gone awry, found family dynamics challenged and brought together, and brother angst dynamics among them. Fullmetal Alchemist, Dexter, Supernatural, Dresden Files and the like gut me on that last front. You'll always get me with those deeply connected relationships, or maybe some incredibly intense childhood friendship that's gotten complicated, full enemies forced together, or even a mentor/apprentice deal. I love platonic and complex, bantering and fun, and of course ships to spice the pot! Or none at all, I'm pretty open ended.

For OCs, I like dark, I like complicated with bouts of humor and challenge. I like difficult weaves of intensity and intrigue muted occasionally with normal every day. I don't mind some slice of life here and there especially to lighten the mood, and am a glutton for a bit of comedy, but heavily prefer conflicting, complicated, interwoven plots and world building over all. Love myself a meaty story with intriguing elements.

Worlds, I roll modern, ScFi, fantasy, horror (a favorite) the works. Building our world, environment, and all involved can be half the fun and truly put life into our characters.

PLOTS:

[๐Ÿค”] Elves are the Bourgeoisie

Me and my friends did a fun concept with this. A lot of typical fantasy world building with plenty of races, hierarchy, levels of poverty and wealth...with Elves near the top. They are elegant, beautiful, noble, longer living, with exemplary beauty and grace....from the outside. Internally they are monsters obsessed with lineage, image and power. To the world they are deified, but internally on their own grounds, they care only for the intense, strict to back breaking world of ancestry, political gain, and presentation.

Two brothers (or friends--perhaps one knight, or servant, one higher royal prince?) are born into this mess, given personal tutors, cared for by servants of...differing species, and strangled near to death by expectation and prestige. They want nothing more to break free of this life, this facade, but being an elf in this modern fantasy world is potentially dangerous--the pointed ears and particular features are sought after, craved, and one is bound to either be sold as a prize or robbed blind due to obvious perceived wealth. In the ghettos and slums of the country Elves are despised, in large part due to hoarding so much and leaving so little. No Elf simply leaves, and to do so would mean humiliation to their family as well, Elves running wild in the slums, among the peasants, possibly discretely leaving a bounty on your head while publicly your tragic, untimely death is mourned.

The outside world is a place neither of you know and struggle to define beyond simple glimpsing. Yearning for it, but fearing anything you don't know.

If the knight/prince plot--
Knight: As one sworn to protect what is basically your best friend, you are more accustomed to the rough and tumble, of hardships, lower in class than your friend, but an Elf still and a dedicated one all the same. Stricken by similar Elven culture hierarchy and obsession with prestige, rule, and class.
Prince: You are desperate to be free of these chains, of the manipulation, games, and back breaking pressures and punishment to create in you a perfect elf. You've never wanted anything more in your life than to break free. Perhaps you fail your duties spectacularly, leading to dire conflict with family, or maybe you mask a little too well while daydreaming escape.

Servant/prince-- similar, but with your servant far more accustomed to the difficulties of the world, perhaps even of another race. A sort of Merlin/Arthur relationship perhaps for those familiar with BBC? Could even throw in certain magic discrimination or otherwise that the servant character needs to hide.

Brothers - everything stated above, with the struggle of escape and survival perhaps far more difficult. The pair struggling to hide their ears, to survive on the street, all while being hunted by a bounty for their heads. Perhaps it grows into a DND type setting, where they train to become adventurers, or are forced into poverty level jobs or positions, desperate to hide their origins.

[๐Ÿ”ฅ] Coraline meets Narnia

There's something...strange about that hatch in the corner of the attic's wall.

You aren't sure what it is. A feeling, maybe, an oppressive, curling darkness that seems to sink through your bones. But...draws to you just the same.

This would be a plot idea where character A is transported to an alternate realm, perhaps with a best friend? A kind of Coraline retelling, something terribly enticing about the disturbing world they find themselves in, where things seem deranged. Cats can talk and entice, worldly elements disturb and reflect the real world you know back at you in...off and difficult, unseemly ways. Replicas of family members are there, perhaps even with button eyes?

Presumably you are struggling in your current life. Weights of bills, or job, or more critical pressures in home life. Maybe you even meet this other character, character B there, where you are the only two real humans, and where they have crawled through their own hatch from somewhere else entirely across the globe, leaving it as the one meeting place you two can even be together. Preferable, in this case, that this would be set in the 70s/80s, before wifi and easy connection was a thing. Where long distance calls are expensive and communication, connection outside this world, is difficult.

You are both drawn here as a method of escape. And you can leave, of course, through your respective hatches. But the longer you stay, the more disturbing things become. Even if food and shelter is greatly provided...even if ghosts glimmer at the night, and the forest at the edge of the house and grounds you stay seems to sway and twist and curl in the night.

As lights dance, and old souls pull, clawing up silently, dismal, from the ground...

[๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿค”] The Manor

Oh do I gobble up plots and tellings of being welcomed in by poised, well kempt strangers into their gorgeous, massive manors. Where a weary traveler of sorts is ushered in; you perhaps, in the rain and the hail and the storm, to be welcomed by a kind individual, giving a subtle, but welcoming smile. Where things are luxurious, but...not quite right.

This may be some sort of serial killer or kidnapped plot, maybe something this gentleman character A finds interesting about B, incapable of ending his life, or deciding he wants him here.

Maybe there are supernatural elements. Things that cannot be seen in the mysteries of the night. Perhaps you are trapped there, both stranded due to heavy storms or cold, snow like weather, impossible to breach out, leaving you under the mantel of creepy staring portraits and a fire's hearth that never seems to dim.

Maybe it's a Beauty and the Beast situation, a decadent, massive mansion or castle of a place, maybe even par for par with enchanted servants that are bound and trapped themselves...

[๐Ÿค”] Fantasy take 2 - The Bumbling Mage

You are a mage--but not a good one. Boy aren't you. You stumble and fumble and try but sadly fall flat on your face most of the time, you absolute dork. You are also dismally unaware of so many things, even if you study your ass off and work to the bone!

One day you do the impossible--actual impossible. You summon a familiar...!!

....Which is bad.

Real bad.

Yes, people who do this are far and in between, hell, maybe a dozen that you've even heard of at most. And yes, they can be absolutely detrimental in a fight and are said to be some of the strongest forged bonds in existence...!! And the mage's lifespan is greatly extended to boot.

Problem is the reason for that is the summoning causes you to be bound to them, consciousness, soul, and all...forever. If one dies, so does the other! And separating for too long is like addiction withdraw, leading, eventually, to death. So, good job there, doing that with some unknown force of nature.

That said force of nature isn't too happy about this either. You, the stumbling, fumbling mage with possible hopes for adventure are now stuck with some jackass demon that would roast you if it wouldn't kill him too.

One of those things that seem vague is...where familiars come from? It's a dark and gritty tale, and most mages, wizards and the like cannot summon much more than imps and faeries and elemental charges. Those who do summon conscious demon beings place a spell on them, to make them...more pliable, even at risk of their own state of mind. But you have no such power--and have to work with this creature to simply get by. Nice job there, bucko.

I'll keep posting more as they pop up in my head!

And of course, any ideas you guys might have! Send me a message, maybe we can cook something fun up together.

Other dynamics that are neat:

- Anything Hannibal serial killer-esque, rivalxrival, enemies to lovers, that one character always under the other's skin, found family, childhood friend reunited, nerd/egotistical sociopath, manic gremlin/calm, poised prestige, simple brother dynamics, the list is endless...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back