• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Family Reunion? (Modern, Drama, Literate)

PunkPrince

Elder Member
My characters are twins, Devin and Marilyn. Marilyn is a transgender woman. You would play an older sister (or brother, if you like) of theirs.. She is older than the twins, and the three of them were very close as children. Your character moved out to go to college when mine were younger and cut off all contact with her family. The siblings fell out of touch for several years, and your character has no idea of anything that's happened to mine since, not even anything gender related, and as far as she knows, Marilyn is still her brother, Alexander.

Your character lost her job and is being forced to find somewhere else to live. Her husband left her a few years ago, so this left your character and her children (ages are up to you) without any money, and she is struggling. She tracks down Devin, and begs him to bring "Alexander" and come and stay with her/help with her kids/etc. She doesn't really understand Marilyn, and is completely shocked to find out, but is trying because she loves her and has missed her. It could cause drama between the sisters. The siblings are trying to reconnect after their several years of no contact and both of them have changed a bit since their last meeting. That's all I have so far. I'm not sure how the kids would react to my characters, but that's up to you. I was thinking one of the kids could be queer, but that's your choice.

My requirements:
-Please don't join the RP, and then drop it right in the middle. It bugs me when people only post once, or post a few times and then just leave.
-Please be advanced. At least four paragraphs per post with good spelling, grammar, and detail. I can make exceptions at times. This is a big thing for me. I get annoyed when people can't do this. I don't mind a few screw ups, but if you 'typ LIek diss' and don't use decent capitalization and punctuation, or use long run on sentences I'll most likely drop the thread or ignore the request to RP with me. Everyone makes mistakes, and I understand that, but if you can't mange basic grammar then please don't ask to RP with me. If you can't think of what to reply with, PM me and I can add a bit more. I would prefer you to match my length.
-Be active PLEASE. I'm online most every day. I haven't Rped on a while due to real life issues, and I understand you might need to drop. If you do please PM me first.

40150001.jpg

Physical Description:
Naturally wavy, dark brown hair that has been dyed honey blonde and now shows its dark roots. Her eyes are large and light brown. She is tall, nearly 6'1, and underweight due to her inability to afford to eat regularly. There is a large scar behind her left ear as a result of smacking her head on the edge of the stage at a concert when she was a teenager, though it is now nearly completely hidden by her hair. When she doesn't shave for a few days, her facial stubble is dark brown--same as her natural hair.

Personality:
Outspoken, cautious around unfamiliar people. She was a punk teenager and is still very attached to the views she gained in the scene. She is good with children, and generally has a gentle nature.

History:
Marilyn was born in a small town and grew up being called Alexander. She had a twin brother, Devin, and despite their differences, the two of them were always extremely close. Devin wasn't hyper masculine, but he at least took an interest in some things that boys normally enjoyed, like sports and things. Little Alexander was a completely different story, and always expressed extreme discontent with their assigned gender, the only real masculine interest being baseball. The child was persistent with cries of, "I'm not a boy!" but was told to stop being ridiculous by their parents. Marilyn began demanding to be called by a female name (Moxie) at the age of five, but her parents refused, of course. Devin was the only one who ever called her that, though always in secret (He occasionally still calls her that when worried or teasing, but he's the only one allowed to address her that way). Her parents made it very clear that the way she felt was not okay, and Marilyn started to repress her gender issues. She thought that maybe if she tried to ignore them and be just an average guy the feelings would go away. She got rid of all the feminine clothing she had collected, stopped her private sessions of wearing makeup, and borrowed her brother's clothing. The feelings of dysphoria did not go away, instead they only got worse. She tried to kill herself several times, being caught and stopped by Devin the final time when she was nearly eighteen. He was the first person she ever confided in about being a transgender woman before taking the name Marilyn, and he accepted her one hundred percent. After a few pronoun slips and name screw ups Devin managed to embrace Marilyn as well as the idea that he had never had a brother, only a sister whom everyone had thought was a boy. Marilyn's parents did not react nearly as well. They kicked her out of the house and told her to act like a man or not to come back at all. She had no money, and had been surviving mostly by sleeping around for money and doing any sort of odd job she could manage, as she had difficulty finding a regular job. She had a girlfriend for several years, another transgender prostitute named Tammie, who was recently found dead, strangled and shoved under a bed.

Strengths/Weaknesses:
She is a talented cook, though she hardly has the opportunity to show off the skill nowadays. When she was young, she would often bake things and then hide them in her bedroom so that her parents wouldn't find out and punish her. She and her brother would feast on them together from time to time.

Her dysphoria causes her a large amount of anxiety, and as a result, she is unable to bathe or shower unless she keeps the lights turned off. It is not uncommon for her to disassociate and forget several hours worth of her day, especially during her work.

Despite her current living situation--a crappy motel room in a bad part of town--and her lack of money, she is somewhat prideful, and often refuses to accept help. She has rejected numerous offers from her brother to stay in his apartment with him, and never accepts the money he tries to give her.

danny.jpg

He is currently a film student, but pays his bills working as a waiter at a local restaurant.

Physical Description:
He is about 6'1, the same height as his sister. He has dark brown hair that he usually keeps short, but when it gets long enough it is visibly wavy. His eyes are a light chocolate brown shade and he is of an average build, not very muscular or overweight.

Personality:
Devin is very optimistic, and cares deeply for those around him–especially his sister. He is rarely anxious about anything not pertaining to her. He has no problem making and keeping friends, and is very rarely disliked by anyone he meets.

History:
Devin is Marilyn's twin brother. His parents were a little easier on him than they were on his sister, but he wasn't really their perfect child either. He enjoyed sports to an extent, baseball and soccer, but he was never really a tough boy. He was always quiet, never really much of a fighter. Devin loves movies and animation, and would like to be an animator or filmmaker himself one day. He went to film school for a while, but put it aside to try and help Marilyn. He is very close with his sister, and only really pulls out a tough guy persona in defense of her. He worries about her a lot, and is constantly checking up on her--maybe a bit too much. He has been helping to support his sister by slipping money into her purse, as she refuses to take it directly. He was the only one in their family to accept her one hundred percent. After a few pronoun slips and name screw ups Devin managed to embrace Marilyn as well as the idea that he had never had a brother, only a sister whom everyone had thought was a boy. He called her whatever name she requested, referred to her by whatever pronouns. He never found her feminine interests to be strange as a child, he simply accepted things as being what his sibling enjoyed. He is interested in photography, mostly as a hobby, and is almost always taking pictures of something. He is more outgoing than Marilyn, and is always trying to make friends with everybody. He is trying to get out of his hometown and away from his parents, whom he was never close to. He doesn't really care where he ends up as long as he can be with his sister. He worked as a waiter in a restaurant, though never really liked it. He has a small apartment and has been trying to get Marilyn to move in with him, though she refuses constantly.

Extra:
•Marilyn has been cutting his hair for him since their teenage years. He refused to have his hair cut after Marilyn decided to grow hers out–he wanted his head shaved into a Mohawk instead.

•He has a pet ferret named Marbles who often accompanies him places either on a leash or sitting on Devin's shoulders.

Sexuality: Asexual

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back