• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fallout: New Vegas Frenemy Roleplay?

Wylrin

So I have an oddly specific request. I'm not sure if anyone will be interested in this, but I figured I might as well put this out there.

I have an original character who is a frumentarius of Caesar's Legion. He is, for the lack of a better word, quite brainwashed into servitude, but he can be shown how terrible his faction and its leader is.

And that's what I'm looking for - a character who would be willing to put up with a Legion frumentarius and perhaps reform him.

I have a couple of ideas in mind:

Render Unto Courier:

So the basic idea behind this is that the Courier either saves the life of the frumentarius (to which my character will feel as though he owes them a life debt) or that Caesar "assigns" this frumentarius to the Courier. This assignment to the Courier would largely depend on who the Courier is siding with - if anyone. If the Courier is pro-Legion, then Caesar could assign the frumentarius to them as an ally and to remind the Courier who their fealty is sworn to. If the Courier is pro-NCR, Caesar may send the frumentarius as a spy or assassin. If the Courier is aligned with Yes Man or House, perhaps the frumentarius would be assigned outwardly as a diplomat, but more of a spy/saboteur than anything.

The Enemy of My Enemy:

For this idea, I'm looking for a character who is an NCR Ranger/Trooper. The idea is that the NCR Ranger and the frumentarius are forced to work together to bring down a shared enemy, possibly House or the Brotherhood of Steel.

Fall of the Bear:

Another idea is for a character who is vehemently against the NCR, to the extent that they'd side with a member of Caesar's Legion.

---

I'm not limiting myself to the ideas mentioned above. If you have a character who you think might have an interesting dynamic with a Legion frumentarius, please feel free to share!

Really, all I want out of a roleplay like this is where I can have my frumentarius interact with someone who knows who he is, but doesn't (immediately) shoot him in the face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back