• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fallout based Nationbuilding

Well if your claiming NY, then that river would be our border, therefor we would have to have some form of semi(or fully)-official stance on the matter and how we interact and would be aware of each other and a good deal about one another (which I feel would have a good affect on my nations lore)

Well if your claiming NY, then that river would be our border, therefor we would have to have some form of semi(or fully)-official stance on the matter and how we interact and would be aware of each other and a good deal about one another (which I feel would have a good affect on my nations lore)

Well, im open to trade, though I didd go through war with the east coast bos and destroyed LP amd became communist for a while. Im also the most prominent power on the west coast and have several states economically tied to me

So what is our start date? I am sure you probably told people but I have not seen it :/

2290. Three years after Fallout 4. Nine years after Fallout New Vegas. 

Guys. 'Member when the NCR had nothing we've seen or heard of that could compare and the NCR and the Legion were the only two factions that had most if not all of a state? I 'member.

2290. Three years after Fallout 4. Nine years after Fallout New Vegas. 

Guys. 'Member when the NCR had nothing we've seen or heard of that could compare and the NCR and the Legion were the only two factions that had most if not all of a state? I 'member.

Shut up pat. you want an RP where everyone controls one town? Also the truth is the lore just isn't there.

Hey guys so I made a map of the factions that were submitted. But it keeps saying the upload failed.

We need an RP where we start off as an infant and grow our nations from there.

Been in a few of those start the nation real small one and they never work, except a colonization one, but that was colonies so slightly different

Hey guys so I made a map of the factions that were submitted. But it keeps saying the upload failed.

Either, try reducing the file size or, try uploading somewhere else and linking here

Shut up pat. you want an RP where everyone controls one town? Also the truth is the lore just isn't there.

Entire states are excessive if every faction is going to claim that much territory. And these big populations would be pretty hard to achieve, and would be mentioned in Fallout 3 or Fallout 4 if they existed. Like there's only a few hundred, if even that, civil wastelanders around all of Boston. Obviously that'll be scaled up if game limitations weren't had, but I bet it wouldn't break five thousand. Same goes for D.C. and most major cities. Other than possibly New York I guess. The East Coast shouldn't really have as many people as the West Coast. The NCR is a unique powerhouse. I just have about 25 thousand people. Which is reasonable given that Las Vegas wasn't directly hit, though the city eventually suffered the same radioactive weather and devastation the rest of the world did, and because of NCR settlers, natives, and Vault Dwellers from Vault 21, 34, and a few tribes. And that it's been nine years since Fallout New Vegas and as the infrastructure to support a larger population grew more people would immigrate. Like Nightkin, tribals, slaves from the Legion, and even more NCR settlers.

What about me? you haven't answered if my 25,000 was excessive or not. If it is then could you suggest a number?

What about me? you haven't answered if my 25,000 was excessive or not. If it is then could you suggest a number?

A vault can hold 1,000 people, maximum. You have 100 years to grow that inbred population that lived in the vault for (I might have messed this number up) 123 years by 24,000. So your missionaries would have to be very successful at converting people to Mormonism/just joining you without converting to your religious beliefs, which is sorta iffy because the White Legs and 80s tribe would surround you and constantly harrass you. Though the 3 GECKs you have would make people want to join you and keep your population not worried about food.

Your water purification facilities and GECKs would allow a large population to form, but immigration would be limited since your neighbors are incredibly violent tribals. 

While what I claimed looks like a boatload, its really not. especially since Michigan was claimed in the past 40 or so years and would be very unstable and little more just annexed, liable to rebellions and potential to flip them against me and to join an entirely different nation

But I do agree it would have been mentioned had it existed, but if we stick to those rules then making any nation that would be notable or interesting and able to actually survive in a world with NCR just wouldn't be possible.

*NCR sized nations

Oh ok so a more reasonable amount would be?

I'm guessing that at first your Mormons, right after exiting the Vault, would be inbred to some degree, either that or your population has roughly stayed the same as when their ancestors went into the Vault. So at first you have 500-1000 people, given the cry wolf effect from the constant vault drills. When they find other humans, they find out almost everyone they interact with is either impoverished or a violent tribal. What happens next would depend on what you did with the impoverished people. If you only allowed them to join you if they converted to your religion, many would do so half-heartedly but at some point they're going to fight you. So the number of immigrants increases over the next hundred years by small amounts. Meanwhile, since you're pretty well-off compared to most other people around your area, you birth rate would drop a little. So anywhere from 2,000ish (if you're only letting Mormons and converted wastelanders join you) to 6,000. Maybe bump that up abit if you think your faction would have a good birth rate and not that many infant mortalities.

He is right. After all my country is supposed to be razed to the ground by tribals. As for the size, if it was conquered then it most certainly could reach that size, after all the legion expanded really fast.

While what I claimed looks like a boatload, its really not. especially since Michigan was claimed in the past 40 or so years and would be very unstable and little more just annexed, liable to rebellions and potential to flip them against me and to join an entirely different nation

But I do agree it would have been mentioned had it existed, but if we stick to those rules then making any nation that would be notable or interesting and able to actually survive in a world with NCR just wouldn't be possible.

*NCR sized nations

This reminds me about the Great Seas RP. Ask Waffle about it maybe, you'll hear quite a tale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back