• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fallout based Nationbuilding

Actually nah, most people are not Mormons but let's say that the Mormons got most of their values to rub off on them at least a little bit.

In todays modern world, the power of religion is very weak (No I am not saying its wrong). But thats largely because everyone THINKS they know everything and are quick to dismiss faith. However in the past people knew that they knew nothing and so were more accepting. Im not sure which one would persist in a post apocalyptic world, but I feel that the lack of hope in the wasteland would make people trust less in the way things are and much more accepting of society. Its funny how people cite science as why they cant believe when most scientists accept that there could be a higher power, its about as probable as multiverses. Some of them would be very accepting but there would be a few less willing to convert. But if your promising them rewards, even if only spiritual, that rings through in a world forlorn of hope.

Exactly. In a wasteland with little hope a message that there is a loving god could resonate strongly. There is a message of self improvement in Mormonism as well, that if you do your best in this life you get great rewards in the next.

Exactly. In a wasteland with little hope a message that there is a loving god could resonate strongly. There is a message of self improvement in Mormonism as well, that if you do your best in this life you get great rewards in the next.

The self improvement COULD encourage those who actually convert, or are strongly considering it, to pull their standards up quite fast but that could have the backfire of annoying or upsetting THEIR friends and families

Even if they don't convert I think that the message of self improvement could hit people hard anyways.

But I kind of view their relationship with non Mormons to be much the same way it is now. With them being mostly tolerant of each other, disagreeing with each others lifestyle choices but for the most part cooperating with each other and being accepting of one another. I'd see the Mormons and the Wastelanders sort of coming to a compromise, with the Mormon culture sort of rubbing off on the Wastelanders (or at the very least their preaching the message of bathing)

But I kind of view their relationship with non Mormons to be much the same way it is now. With them being mostly tolerant of each other, disagreeing with each others lifestyle choices but for the most part cooperating with each other and being accepting of one another. I'd see the Mormons and the Wastelanders sort of coming to a compromise, with the Mormon culture sort of rubbing off on the Wastelanders (or at the very least their preaching the message of bathing)

But Noah built an Ark to escape God's bath.

Or was that wrath?

We were discussing the culture and population of my country. It was really helpful.

Waffle, tell them how the Enclave absorbed a faction right away. How the PRM storyblocked everything. How the Nazi party rose to power and expelled the Mafia from Chicago.

Waffle, tell them how the Enclave absorbed a faction right away. How the PRM storyblocked everything. How the Nazi party rose to power and expelled the Mafia from Chicago.

Not to mention their complete extermination of my people after I helped them.

Like I said, a shitshow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back