• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Falling. Fading Away

Noah gave a heavy sigh and shook his head some "Because they get a million cases like it apparently and nothing ever happens." He muttered taking her hand in his "But we don't need to worry about him anymore okay? He's gone now."

Max frowned deeply and stepped out with her "My phone never went off, the signal of the hotel wasn't good." She explained "Whats happened? Why doesn't he know who I am?" She asked in a concerned voice.

She sighed a little "He had three seizures last night and they all lasted around ten minutes. We're about to take him for another round of tests but after the last one he was very out of it and he didn't remember where he was or what was going on, we're concerned that it's done more damage. The hope is that this is a temporary brain fog but if it lasts beyond the end of the day then it's time to be very concerned." She explained "His doctor will be down shortly with his test results from yesterday though." she assured her as they went back in and Ricky was laying there staring at Iris and just smiling at her

She frowned but nodded "You should go home love.... Get some rest and I don't wanna see you until tomorrow afternoon." She told him seriously. "You're doing too much for one person right now." She pointed out, squeezing his hand. "I love you." She smiled, "Now go home and rest. That's an order."

Max gulped and gave a small nod not saying a word as she got inside. She took a deep breath and got Iris out of her carrier when she started to squeal and reach for Ricky "Hey..." she said quietly

Noah gave a heavy sigh and nodded some "Okay...but I'm going to call you to check in okay?" He murmured before he got up and kissed her lovingly

She hummed quietly, "And I'm not gonna pick up." She teased him, waving at him as he left, allowing herself to drift off to sleep after that for the night. By the time he arrived the following afternoon they were finding out what movement she had right now, looking over when he walked in in the middle of her crying in pain while they were trying to get her to stand.

He frowned over at her "I have a son?" He asked her, confused, "Is that my baby?" He asked not really sure why he couldn't remember but they both looked familiar enough.

Noah got there that afternoon and rushed to her side when he heard her crying. "Hey, hey whats going on?!" He asked worriedly relaxing a bit when the nurse explained they were trying to see the level of damage she sustained.

Max nodded and gave a small smile "Yes we have a 3 year old, he is almost 4. This is our daughter, she is Daddy's little girl for sure." She explained as she sat on the edge of the bed and let Iris hold his finger

He frowned and watched them both. “Iris.” He mumbled. “I don’t… why does everything hurt?” He mumbled, looking up at her.

She frowned and gripped at his hand as much as she could, swallowing hard. “They want me to stand up… and it hurts so bad.” She told him quietly, slowly getting there with his help. “I wanna see him tomorrow.” She told him.

Max gave a small sigh "You had 3 seizures baby, but you'll recover, just gotta rest alright?" She murmured softly before smiling as Iris squealed at him "Tell him, say you gotta rest Daddy so you can hold me again."

Noah helped her the best he could and nodded some "We'll see him as soon as we can okay?" He murmured before kissing her cheek gently

She frowned “no. I mean that if they won’t let me see him tomorrow, you’re breaking me out of here so I can go see him tomorrow.” She told him seriously. “And if you won’t do it then I’ll call Jolly.” She muttered, slowly sitting back down with some help.

He frowned a little but hummed quietly before falling asleep again shortly before his doctor came in to speak to them. “I think it’s better to leave him to rest right now…. I’ve got permission on his records to talk to you anyway. Everything’s come back positive. Started in his lungs but it’s in his heart as well now and starting to spread to his bones.” He told her.

Noah frowned a bit but gave a small nod "Alright, I'll make it happen." He murmured not about to argue with her about it at all. "How are you feeling today? Other than the obvious pain from doing that work out." He asked gently.

Max felt her heart drop to her stomach when she heard the doctor "Excuse me? No...no....how could they just miss something like this?!" She asked in an angered tone, not at all angry with him but with the previous doctors.

She frowned a little and sighed "Fine. Just restless." she mumbled, starting to get a little too fidgety to be stuck in bed but she was far from physically capable of being out of bed for more than a few minutes.

He shook his head "I'm afraid I don't have those answers for you but the important information right now is that we can treat it right now. But the odds aren't great. Especially now that he's had the stroke... It would be best to talk with him and find out what he wants to do." He explained gently.

Noah gave a small nod and sighed as he sat with her "I wish I could take you around in a wheel chair or something ya know? Get you out of the room." He murmured before kissing her knuckles gently.

Max took a shaky breath and nodded a bit "Alright thank you so much for all your help." She murmured before getting up to feed Iris.

She smiked. “That would be nice. Hopefully soon… how’s your head?” She asked him quietly having definitely noticed the sunglasses when he walked in, reaching up to move his fringe out the way. “I love you by the way, don’t know if I’ve mentioned that in a while.” She murmured, frowning when he just started crying a little. “Oh… honey.”

Chris made it up there by the afternoon and walked in, knocking on the door and sighing heavy. “Shit. What the fuck happened?” He asked. He knew the basics from Vinny but not much else.

Noah gave a small shrug "Eh its alright, just hurts is all." He murmured softly to her. He took a shaky breath when he heard her say she loved him and couldn't help but start crying "I....I was so scared I'd never hear you say that again.." he whispered truthfully to her.

Max looked up as Chris came into the room and gave a heavy sigh "He had a stroke at the warehouse, then three seizures last night. They said its lung cancer, and it has spread to his heart and now his bones." She explained quietly

He frowned and sat down, setting the bag by Iris' push chair "Vinny uh, Vinny asked me to bring this up for you.... How long?" He asked her not really wanting to know but also feeling like this was his fault because he'd had to let Ricky go.

She frowned and lifted his glasses up, cupping his cheek and pulling him close to kiss him. "Noah you need a break love... I'm starting to get worried about you with how much you've had to deal with recently." She frowned, "No more staying the night here. You're gonna stay in our own bed and you're gonna take some time for yourself." She told him quietly, "I love you and I just want you feeling good again." She murmured

Max tokk a deep breath to compose herself so she didn't lash out again like she had on the doctor "Apparently this whole time...and the fucking doctors just kept sending him home saying it was nothing." She spat quietly as she shook her head "They aren't there is much they can do to help him..."

Noah kissed her back lovingly and gave a small nod as he held onto her "I just want my family home and safe." He whispered as he pressed his forehead to hers and closed his eyes tight

He frowned and shooo his head. “No I… have they said how long he’s got?” He asked. “I only had to fire him cause he couldn’t do his job anymore…. I can’t… I didn’t fire him as a friend.” He muttered more to himself.

She nodded slowly and smiled. “I know honey I know. But we wanna come home to a happy healthy you… you been seeing your therapist at all? Video chats?” She asked him quietly.

Max shook her head and gave a small sigh "They haven't said yet." She murmured reaching over and squeezing his knee gently "Hey, its okay. It sucks that you had to do that, but you guys want to go forward thats okay. I didn't know he'e gotten to where he couldn't play....Vinny only told me when I got here." She explained to him.

Noah shook his head some and sighed "I've texted him, but video reception sucks in here. Had a few phone calls too." He said softly giving her hand a squeeze "I know I look like complete shit, but I have done my best to take care of myself for Eden." He assured her.

She nodded and smiled "You look like shit but you're still as handsome as ever." She murmured, "I can't keep my eyes open anymore, When can I have proper food?" She asked him quietly, already drifting off for a nap until a little later when he was waking her up again and she frowned until she saw that Eden had arrived for just a little bit and reached for her "Hey sweetheart... Hey, I was thinking.... if you're really reallly good for uncle Nick tonight, maybe we can take you to go meet your baby brother tomorrow." She suggested, frowning a little at how Nick and Noah were whispering in the corner but shrugged it off a little, figuring Noah would tell her when he was ready

He nodded and frowned about to say more when Ricky was waking up again and looking around not seeming quite all there so Chris stood up and left him and Max to some quiet together, heading out, just feeling awkward about the whole thing

Ricky frowned a little and looked over at her "Chest hurts." He mumbled, trying to reach for her hand with his bad side until he seemed to remember and used his right arm instead "I love you." He told her tiredly. "Wanna go home."

Noah stepped over with Nick when he got there with Eden and gave a small frown "She okay? No more out bursts?" He asked quietly still concerned that they would need to get this looked into if they continued or got worse.

Max took his hand in hers and gave a small nod "I love you too baby, we're going to get you home as soon as possible." She murmured then kissed his knuckles gently "I was about to go visit Rory, do you want to see him?"

He frowned and nodded, "We have Rory and?" He asked not remembering much right now and still struggling. "Why does it hurt?" He mumbled, closing his eyes tight and swallowing a little before he felt his body tense up without him meaning to, groaning loud as his monitors started sending off alarms.

He nodded and frowned "Yeah, she's been good as gold.... Did you hear about Rick? Vin made a group chat, added you but I didn't know if you'd seen your phone... Don\t think now is the time to tell Carm though." He muttered.

Max nodded softly and gave a small sigh "Rory and Iris." She said softly and kissed his cheek gently. She frowned deeply though when alarms started ringing and quickly moved out of the way as the nurses came in "He was saying his chest was hurting." She explained to them

Noah shook his head giving a heavy sigh "Shit no, whats going on?" He asked as he crossed his arms just needing a long break from all this medical shit.

It was a couple of weeks before Carmen was being sent home after kicking up enough of a fuss about being stuck in the hospital that both the nurses and Noah had relented but instead of going straight home she'd insisted he take her to go see Keaton first. He'd had his surgery the day before and was doing as well as they could hope for right now but she'd been struggling to come to terms with all of it, still feeling like it was her fault he was in that position in the first place. "I think you were right y'know... He's gonna be tall." She smiled a little, watching him quietly, glancing over at Noah. "How was Eden for her first drop off at big school?" She asked him.

Ricky was sat up for the first time since everything had happened, a little more coherent today than what had become his new normal and he watched as Max came in without either of the kids, "Did Mom take 'em?" He asked her quietly, reaching over towards her. He knew how scared she was but he was doing his best to stay positive for her, hoping that they'd get some kind of miracle but starting to realise they'd run out of luck at this point. "C'mere.... You look like you need some lovin'."

Noah gave a small smile as he looked at Keaton "It uh....it wasn't great. She thought I was going to stay with her the entire time." He explained sighing some as he put his hand on her shoulder. He'd been getting better as she got out of the woods. He was hopeful though that she'd stay on a good track once she was home.

Max sighed heavily as she got to the hospital that morning completely exhausted. She was stretched thin by this point. The doctor's seemed to only ever have bad news for them and having to explain things to Rory had been difficult. She was thankful his mom had come out to help with the kids but she just wanted her husband healthy and home. As she got into his room she climbed onto the bed and cuddled into him gently "I love you so much." She whispered

She frowned and shook her head "It's been a lot of change for her lately." She sighed a little "Hopefully the fact that I'm gonna be home now will help her out some." She mumbled, glancing over at him and smiled a little "You have any idea how proud I am of you?" She asked him yawning a little and sighed. Her back was starting to hurt which meant it was time to go home "You be so good for your nurses okay bub? We love you so much." She murmured, blowing him a kiss and letting Noah help her out to the car, trying not to cry the whole way home "It feels so wrong having to leave him there." She whimpered.

He smiled a little and kissed her cheek "Love you too... They gave me news this morning.... They think I can go home, all set up with the doctors close to us... But we can go home tomorrow." He told her quietly smiling some. "I still got a few days left in this cycle before they say how it went." He told her, "I don't want to get your hopes up though." He murmured. He'd been doing his best to get better for her sake but he could feel how things were still going downhill slowly but surely

Noah gave a heavy sigh and nodded "Yeah I know, but he'll be home soon enough with us." He murmured as he took her hand in hia while he drove giving it a small squeeze "I got the bed all set up for you, and I got you a little bell if you need me." He explained to her.

Max nodded some and gave a small smile "Well it'll he nice to be home at least." She whispered and wiped her eyes "Hopefully their results come back with some okay news."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back